Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Gorgeous Victoria`s Secret for women

Gorgeous Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Gorgeous Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Gorgeous is the scent of enchanting beauty, glamour without much effort and of attracting attention. It opens with notes of Italian mandarin and wild strawberry. Jasmine and purple freesia rule the heart, whereas the base consists of warm sandalwood and creamy musk.

It is available as 50 ml EDP with accompanying body care products Gorgeous was launched in 2011.

Mandarin Orange Wild Strawberry

Jasmine Freesia

Musk Sandalwood

Tickled Pink

Gorgeous Fragrance Reviews

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

What a boring scent! I cannot imagine that Gorgeous would use somebody over teenage age.
Synthetic strawberry, jasmine, some mandarine and freesia. That´s all. Nothing original.

amazingness
amazingness

This perfume is very very sweet right of the bat which isn't necessary a bad thing. The bad thing is that I get a synthetic sweet smell like candy as soon as I spray. The dry down smells like jasmine mixed with more synthetic candy. I find that it has no longevity and absolutely no sillage. I would not recommend to a friend and I would definitely not buy again.

AlexandraM19

I miss Gorgeous. Shame it was discontinued. It's quite basic but it's a good basic. Floral and fruit, nothing complicated which can sometimes be a good thing. It's a safe, default fragrance that will always garner positive attention. I have it in the lotion and body mist and the only negative I have is that you have to reapply it every few hours because the lasting power isn't great.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

holy smokes this smells like strawberries. like smack in the face with strawberries. after a bit the strawberry toned down and then i could smell the floral notes and the sandalwood and musk. to me it ends up smelling really sweet and too strawberry for my taste. i imagine a young teen like 14-18 wearing this. not a sophisticated smell. i cant imagine anyone in an office wearing this and be taken seriously. on a woman 25+ the scent reminds me of a mom at the park with her kids.

4 hours later and i can hardly smell anything. i asked my husband what he thought and he said it smelled one note like strawberry. he said it smelled artificial, like cheap strawberry lube. enough said i guess.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I'm not much for fruity scents, but I gave this one a go. Surprisingly, it smells exactly like a body mist my old boss had given me for Christmas- Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon. It's a very nice sweet scent, sweet scents just aren't for me.

EDIT: I figured it out. Sweet scents work out for me, just not ones that are heavy-handed with the strawberries, and this one definitely is.

Ashes19
Ashes19

This reminds me of Sexy Little Things Noir: Love Me. This just has a very obvious strawberry note. I agree with the others in that it's a very artificial strawberry scent. The fiancee wasn't impressed and said that it smells like cotton candy. He had to really sniff my wrist on the way home from being out a few hours- so not much staying power or sillage to speak of. It's...just ok, to me. I don't usually ascribe age limits to perfumes, but I felt like I was a bit ...mature... for this scent. I'm only 25, but I just felt mismatched with that bubblegum pink scent of sugary, synthetic strawberry. To each their own; it's not a bad scent, it's definitely flirty- just not my kind of flirty.

Princess

Very sweet scent. In the same category as Vera wang princess

ver jaina
ver jaina

very bright strawberry & sharp citrus...almost sting my nose at 1st sniff because the bottle was leaked in shipping, soaking it's box wet. nice for everyday but forgettable.
and while the bottle was pretty, i hate the sprayer..so much i gave it away because it's such a bitch to do decants of it..also hard to bring for travel.

marylu
marylu

Got this in a swap. Love it! One of my favorites. I get lots of compliments on it. In my opinion, it truly is Gorgeous!

Raina
Raina

This scent makes me so very sad. I cannot stress how cloyingly sweet the strawberry note is here, it drowns out the other notes which is really such a shame because those other notes are... well, gorgeous! The jasmine is so feminine and pretty and flirty. Its very well done, but to have it smothered under all that sweet strawberry is so dissapointing.

The first time I tested this I was getting more of that jasmine with the strawberry as an accent note. Which was fine, they played well off eachother. Unfortunately after purchasing the biggest bottle of this I had to hide it away deep in a drawer because every time I sprayed this the sweetness of the strawberry would literally reach out and choke me.

Ah, lovely jasmine, if only they would tone down that sticky strawberry mess I could finally reach you. Alas, we were not meant to be.

krayolakolorz
krayolakolorz

Strawberry, then floral, hint of musk. Sprayed it on and the initial scent when first smelled is the floral. Now normally I don't like floral but the strawberry is mixed in nicely with the musk. Something I will wear during the summer time. Preferably the hotter summer months like June & July.

owensandlaurensmama
owensandlaurensmama

This scent is just....gorgeous! I love it.

angela101
angela101

Nice fragrance! It's fun and totally girly!
GIVES ME A HEADACHE FOR THE FIRST FEW MINUTES..!(UHH!)
but really really nice smell! got a lot of compliments!
PERFECT for boring days! :)

karenrobert
karenrobert

sweet floral aquatic really stands out on this perfume. Slightly acrid. Just like all the other VS fragrances, this one is just as beautiful for the right person. I am just not compatible with this one. I was looking at the review below (tinkerstar12) that mentioned how it smelled like dishwashing detergent and it finally dawn on me why I wasn't loving this perfume even though it's not an offensive one. It it dries a bit bitter like dish washing soap every time I try to get myself use to this fragrant. It has poor staying power. Good news. it's on sale now for 75% at all VS semi annual sales. 3.4 oz for $15. Pick it up now ! I've been seeing this fragrant floating around the VS semi annual sale two rounds already. Once last summer, and then again this winter. VS is really trying to get rid of all Gorgeous perfumes. it will be discontinued if you love this Gorgeous fragrant.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

The strawberries are so intense when you smell it from the bottle but on my skin they vanish super quick so that you really only have a light pretty freesia left. Nice, but personally I find it to have the same staying power and projection as their fragrance mists. I'd buy it as a mist, but not at EDP price.

lara.vuckovich
lara.vuckovich

I really love how this one smells. The strawberry isn't like a synthetic, candy smelling strawberry but like the little wild ones you'd find growing in a meadow :)
I just hate that it seems to disappear from my skin only an hour or two after applying :( Since it will be in the SAS I might still buy it though.

tinkerstar12
tinkerstar12

I dont smell strawberries in this perfume. It reminds me of dish soap =/ Thats just me

nina.intan
nina.intan

This fragrance is smell sexy. I just love it. My husband is just can't stop sniffing my neck. :)

cinema1974
cinema1974

fruity floral... love it too... people say you smell sooooo good what are you wearing...

AlexandraM19

Gorgeous is like the only basic fruity-floral I own. It's pretty and great for a day when you don't want to think too hard about which fragrance to use.

It's more fruity than floral, I think. You can smell the strawberries and there's a layer of creaminess too. It's great for day or night, there's a flirtiness to it.

HOWEVER, it has ZERO lasting power. It's infuriating. Especially since it's limited edition and I got it just before it got discontinued. You spray it on and less than 2 hours later, it's gone. I can't even smell it on my clothes. So I have to cart that massive bottle of body spray with me everywhere I go so I can reapply. *sigh*

Debshee
Debshee

Got this on sale!!! Simply Gorgeous was a major "yuck" but this was "yummy". I love the spicy sweetness but doesn't last long on my skin. I love the top notes so I just put a touch on my clothes so it lasts longer.

Edit: Great for work because it's not overpowering.

e_lindemann
e_lindemann

Great universal scent! Everyone can wear it and it works year round! Only 1 complaint- the atomizer! I'm not a fan of the little squeeze ball, they aren't reliable. so many of my bottles with that I can't use anymore because the atomizers break. Other than that, I LOVE this perfume!

SandraV
SandraV

I bought the mini body spray on clearance for around $4:very nice but nothing new.It smells like it has a hint of cherry blossom in it though that isn't listed in the notes.Worth what I paid for definitely:)
ETA the body spray lasts like crazy:sprayed it on before bed and could still get a whiff of it 8 hours later...really too bad this is being discontinued but a great time to buy:it is dirt cheap right now.

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

I just got a $50 bottle of this at 75% off tonight... $12 - how could i pass that up? Is sweet and summery; to me it seems more flowery than strawberry-ish, which is actually what i was looking forward to, but still, i like it well enough. As it is VS, don't have high expectations about its staying power. Sprayed on about a half hour ago, and i can still smell it on my wrists, but doubtful that someone standing next to me would even get a whiff. At $50 a bottle - shame on them, but for $12 i can suck it up and just reapply as needed.

eshell
eshell

This smells very sweet strawberrys I got it for 24.96 with the lotion too at my local Victoria's secret store

kayjeff88
kayjeff88

like it, but deff prefer simply gorgeous more. this is too light and doesnt have a big wow like simply gorgeous

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

Just cannot stop smelling myself and spraying this on. Definitely strawberries, like a whole basket of smashed strawberries with some musk followed by the sandalwood notes which is very light. I smelled this sometime ago in the store when it was first released and i didnot really pay attention to it. But since it is now on the semi-annual sale, i decided to give it another try, purchased it and i was not disappointed at all. The only complain i have is that it does not seem to last very long, have to reapply every 2-3 hours on skin but does last on clothes for about 5-6 hours. Layering with the lotion also helps.

Elodia
Elodia

Good spring and summer fragrance, with a predominant strawberry note that is laced with freesia and jasmine. While it smells nice and sweet, it has absolutely NO lasting power on me whatsoever; I could douse myself with the entire bottle content and the scent would disappear within a few minutes, with no trace of even the other notes present.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I LOVE THIS! It smells so good! Its light, floral, hint citrusy, light musky, woody, fruity, watery. I definitely smell all the notes. Its definitely an all year round fragrance, day or night, any occasion. This is a floral fruity scent. Its the lighter version of VS Simply Gorgeous, they both smell similar but Simply Gorgeous is sweeter, stronger. I will definitely re-purchase this soon!

10/10 ;)

forbiddeneuphoria
forbiddeneuphoria

I agree with princess... Dry down really smells like vera wang princess.. Soft sweet and really nice.

Princess

This is kind of like a mix of Vera Wang princess& strawberry. This does live up to its name.. gorgeous!One of Victoria Secrets best perfume, and it lasts

nush imogen
nush imogen

Lovely night fragrance perfect for summer, floral strawberry. I'm not big on heavier perfumes but this one is light enough, very feminine and clean. One thing though - doesnt last long enough on my skin, like most VS perfumes, but definitely a great buy for the price.

sajuti
sajuti

Two things I like the most about this perfume

1. It's very feminine, sweet & seductive. It makes me feel beautiful.

2. It lasts quite long

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Creamy strawberry and vanilla.
The jasmine is not heady, a very mellow one.

Linear and simple.
projection ok.

Very beautiful but NOT functional bottle, stopped spraying within a week.

tasiaka
tasiaka

After reading the reviews I expected a light, sweet perfume. However, though it is not as heavy as Poison by Dior, it is not a light smell.
Good lasting power.
On my skin it is mostly musk with a hint of strawberry. Quite heavy, not in my top 10 perfumes.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

This one suprised me! I'm usually not a big fan of VS scents but really enjoyed Gorgeous, it's a sweet scent that would be perfect for Spring/Summer....however it only lasts a couple of hours so it's a no go for me.

angeldoll
angeldoll

This perfume is amazing. Lovely fragrance! Girly,for young lady with a spark. For me this is a fabulous scent. Strawberries and jasmin. These two things are most striking. Im Feeling happy when I wear it. For me its a strawberry sundae.:)

reusch210
reusch210

This is a floral fresh scent - A casual jasmine freesia with strawberry fields blowing in the wind.. It is a very uplifting pretty scent - evokes the feel of a very feminine snuggle or downy dryer sheet.. Would go great with white and pastel pink cottons. Something about it is also romantic and young/innocent. Great with cotton sundress or cotton shirts and jeans. A happy, friendly daytime feel. Scrubbed skin and pink cheeks. Sunny, spring days.

isi
isi

Es un perfume floral frutal donde predominan fresas y jazmin. inocente y ligero. Su fragancia es muy rica, pero en mi piel solo duro 2 horas.

It is a fruity floral perfume dominated strawberries and jasmine. innocent and light. Its fragrance is rich, but my skin only lasted 2 hours.

auror
auror

Gorgeus is one of my fav in VS fragrance line. Really nice, girly, happy scent. And it's lasting power longer than I expected

hegvie
hegvie

I just bought the Gorgeous lotion to wear along with Miss Dior Cherie. The notes are definitely similar enough to use this instead of buying the much more expensive Miss Dior Cherie lotion. The scent is sweet without coming close to cloying and has a sophistication that you don't often see in a VS fragrance!

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

One my favorite Victoria's Secret perfumes! The reason why I will never buy this though is because the lasting power is HORRIBLE and if I'm going to pay $45 plus dollars for a perfume then it better have very good lasting power.

EDIT 5/24/2012: This is being discontinued unfornately :( Since this and the simply gorgeous are half off, I'm going to finally get myself a bottle of this!! :))

EDIT 9/3/2012: My pump on my bottle stopped working :( Thank god I kept my receipt and also thank god that VS has a 90 (or 60?) day return policy :) I think I might buy a body spray on ebay because I really did like this scent.

EDIT 2/7/2013: I got the body spray and I like the scent better...the strawberries are more prominent in the body spray more than the perfume which smells more strongly of freesia to me.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Gorgeous is very fresh, VERY light and fun fragrance. Main two notes on my skin, strawberry and sandalwood! Very refreshing opening, and calm, nice drydown. Although, I don´t think I would buy this one day, maybe just if there was a huge price cut-down..because for that price, fades too quickly!! But overall, it´s a very nice perfume, IMHO you can´t go wrong with this one. But I still prefer Sexy Little Things Noir out of all VS perfumes.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Victoria Secret Gorgeous is for the fun, fresh, fruity, floral fragrance loving girl! It’s a typical Victoria Secret scent. Top notes of sweet strawberry and fresh jasmine. Dry down of sultry sandalwood. There is nothing too complex about this perfume, just sweet simplicity!

pretty perfect girl
pretty perfect girl

perfect sweet floral scent also very fresh and lovely

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

Pretty strawberry and jasmine perfume. Amazing sillage. I only have the $10 body mist that I bought with a coupon and only had to pay .77 for this. I usually bit the small ones to test them out. Almost all of them are good but not good enough to buy. This one is good enough to buy. It's really feminine and I feel beautiful after I spray this on. The only downside is that I got a.little headache after about 3 hours of wear but I did keep refreshing the scent because I like it so much. Another nice thing about this is that its newer and nobody really knows it by smell yet and that its not geared towards teenagers. A teenager could wear it but so could a mature woman. I like sweet scents but as a woman in her thirties and a catered gal I can't smell like a cupcake sometimes. This is semi sophisticated .probably my favorite scent there in 5 years.

This is a pretty fruity floral. I smell lots of strawberry, especially for the first hour or so, then the strawberry subsides a bit and lets the florals come through. I also detect the sandalwood in the drydown. I thought this would be a singular strawberry scent when I first tried it, but it does evolve over time. Very pretty.

secretcrush
secretcrush

VERY pretty and long lasting considering I bought the body spray LOL... Things r looking up 4 VS.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The strawberries are very sweet and prominent in this one. Great for a strawberry lover. The florals come in a moment later, and a nice grounding of sandalwood/musk. Simple but very nice if you like the notes.

Violet Pansy
Violet Pansy

Gentle blend of wild strawberry and honey. Light scent and not too sweet, very feminine, exactly perfect!

Whit
Whit

This reminds me of Vixen, but with strawberry. It's nice but just not for me. Too much strawberry. :(

ladythalia
ladythalia

I usually gravitate towards the more incense-y woody fragrances, but Gorgeous is one of a select few "sweet" smells that I love. This one sort of reminds me of Viva la Juicy at the outset (strawberries and bright citrus), but as it wears on me the white musk balances out the sweetness, and the mixture is delicious.

On me I don't smell the jasmine as much (maybe freesia, yes) as I do the strawberry mixed with musk ... what I love about this perfume is how long it lasts and how easily my boyfriend can smell it on me (most of the perfumes I choose he can't smell or they disappear too quickly). I can even smell it on my clothes the next day!

The lotion is excellent too--it's rich and luxurious-feeling and it enhances the effect of the perfume, of course. My one gripe is the bottle: although I thought I'd love the old-fashioned perfume with the squeeze pump, it's actually quite frustrating to have to use 2 hands to apply perfume. But that's a minor quibble.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Gorgeous is gorgeous! :o)

On my skin, I pick up warm strawberry and a hint of citrus notes upon first application. About 5 minutes later, jasmine & freesia combo joined the mix equally strong. About half an hour after that sandalwood and musk made their presence known - but very mildly.

To me this is a jasmine/freesia perfume with strong accents of strawberry.

Lasting power: 5-6 hours.
Projection: Excellent.

If this is your thing, buy it without hesitation. :o)

Gorgeous by Victoria`s Secret 3.99 out of 5 based on 199 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Gorgeous fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Gorgeous, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gorgeous by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gorgeous by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.