Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Love Rocks Victoria`s Secret for women

Love Rocks Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Love Rocks Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Love Rocks Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Love Rocks Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Love Rocks Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Victoria`s Secret is presenting a new fragrance Love Rocks EDP which is due to be launched in November. Wild at heart, punk princess, rock child meets a tres chic composition of rebellious accords of plum, hypnotic violet and sensual vanilla.

This fragrant composition which screams Love Rocks! opens with bergamot and peony accords along with sweet raspberry sorbet. A heart encompasses sandalwood blossom, jasmine, peach nectar, plum and stephanotis, while trail of vanilla, gold amber, violet and musk cashmere stays in a base.

Love Rocks is available as 50ml EDP in a bright red flacon with an atomizer decorated with a stylish rose. Its accompanying assortment features 250 ml fragrant lotion, 250 ml fragrant mist and 500 ml fragrant bath and shower cream. Love Rocks was launched in 2009.

Bergamot Peony Raspberry

Jasmine Sandalwood Stephanotis Plum

Musk Amber Vanille Violet

Love Rocks Fragrance Reviews

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

I have this body spray and I like to put it on before bed. It's warm, cozy and comforting. I can't say it is complex or a perfect construction, but I do like it for what it is.

taylorcake1
taylorcake1

Wow! Didn't realize this perfume offended to many people ;) I enjoy it, wear it on occasion.. I've never received a compliment even shortly after I put it on, so it leaves me wondering what everyone else thinks. To me it smells like a sexy strong vanilla with a little berry feel. Overall I'm happy I bought it and I like it.

Congeniality

Couldn't stand it, it was so annoying and disgusting.

louisese
louisese

It's strong for the first moment of spray, need some time to adapt.

Sweet and fruity with more mature scent compare with other VS's perfume,
Floral scent is just a very very little
it's rich, a very steady base note of vanilla, which smell is quite long lasting.

I used on a white fabric and it made a yellowish mark on it....

Like the perfume bottle design, not very typical girlish pinky of VS

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

It smells very sweet and dark. Very powdery and a little spicy. I didn't think it smelled so good, but then a male friend walked in and commented that it smelled really good. I'll keep it for sure now. I suppose it is a sexy smell, He gave it an 8 which is really high for him. The only fragrance he will give a 10 is Very Sexy of Egyptian Musk/Goddess by auric blends. The weird thing about this perfume is that the top fruity/sour notes disappear within a minute. Then all you smell is the sweet musky drydown from then on out. It is worth having in your collection. I think I'll get the body mist next so I can use it more often and not feel like I'm wasting it. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." -Jesus Christ. God bless!

Elmyra

Victorias secret and Avon fragrances / cosmetics are completely impossible / extremely hard to find here for some reason. Otherwise im sure id own half of Victorias frag collection...they look amazing.

Elmyra

The only Victorias secret i have ever had... bought from duty free at airport. You just dont get them where i stay -(
I loved this, and wore it proudly, what a bottle to show off as well! :)))

Jama4
Jama4

SWEET, SEXY, SULTRY

This is the perfect scent to get that special someone's attention. Vanilla,amber and musk dominate on me. I don't usually gravitate towards amber, but in this perfume it rocks!!!

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: no too sexy, too strong
Potency: intially heavy but then dies down a medium potency
Timing: any time of the year
Projection: 6 feet plus
Longevity: 4 - 6 hrs
Price : about $15 at the Victoria Secret Summer Sale
Packaging: 9/10 the bottle is very cute; the bottle comes with two lids one for transport and a fancy one to spray the perfume (as others have said it does not distribute the perfume evenly when you spray it).

Will I Repurchase: YES

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

When this fragrance came out I didn't give it much of a chance, really - the name is awful, and at the time I had no interest in fragrances with prominent vanilla notes. I decided to try it again at the semi-annual sale today since it has been a while since I smelled it.

I actually really like it, and I am of the opinion that Love Rocks IS an edgy vanilla. I don't get the sweet, sugary, cupcake associations that a few reviewers have. The vanilla and amber are the most prominent for sure, and I get some of the plum, too. I don't smell any of the flowery notes at all.I agree with a few of the below reviews that there is something smokey in the fragrance. Overall, much better than I remember it! Plus, it is different than many of the other fragrances that VS offers.

I bought a bottle since they were cheap (I paid around $14) and I really liked the fragrance as I walked around the store wearing it. It has worn off now, but it lasted about 5-6 hours. I also bought the lotion to layer the fragrance, just in case. Since it was so cheap I won't mind reapplying.

thecomic22
thecomic22

I like this one. It smells like a combination of strawberries, vanilla, cherries & bubble gum. Light & sweet, & definitely lingers. Not exactly what I'd call original or unique, or even dark & edgy as others have said. It's still nice anyway for a night out.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

Anyone know if this is similar to So...? Sinful?

TinaQ
TinaQ

This smelled very strong. It gave me a headache for two days.

VIRYA
VIRYA

i had it :D it smell good but a bit strong for me

Sweetnsexy
Sweetnsexy

Blind bought this today for 20 bucks at VS outlet. I love this! On my skin it smells dark and sexy.

aubreeh
aubreeh

This perfume smells super sweet. It smells like sugary vanilla frosting. Very powdery. I don't smell anything else, and this perfume is definitely not something i would call dark and sexy. Its more of a sweet innocent smell. Would seem more suitable to come in a light pink bottle.

Aspendina
Aspendina

hmmm not bad it kinda dark and sexy I THINK I like this, but don't know if i love it enough to buy it.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

i could swear that tthis has patchouli in it, but i dont see it listed as one of the notes, which is why i think i can wear it! its sultry, warm, exotic with rich amber and vanilla dominating. Unless you work as a dominatrix, or are a very powerful businesswoman, I'm not sure this is work safe. Yet, normally i dont like VS perfumes, but this one is different. It's got personality. umph. a voice. i will be checking out more perfumes with amber in them in the future.

colorblindlove

This is available for sale at the semi annual sale now!(at least at my VS store). Just wanted to let the fans of this scent know :) It's only going to be there for a limited time though so I would stock up if I were you.

UPDATE on my last review (down below) 6/20/2012: I thought that this was a nice scent since I liked it so much when I smelled it but now I'm not into this scent at all. I just smell the musk in this and that's it. Nothing else. I'm not impressed and won't be buying this :(

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Victoria Secret Love Rocks is vanilla, amber, and musk. Some days I can tolerate it, but most of the time it’s so strong I just get a headache. It has really great notes and the potential to be a great fragrance, but too much strong musk for my taste. Congratulations if you can wear it and not get a headache!

Booogie
Booogie

It's insane, how I love this fragrance! I almost never use it though, it's been discontinued... Sigh. I love the rock-chic packaging which is funny because I don't like the color red at all. Even the lotion bottle is cute!

The scent itself probably has more personality than any other VS scent I own, however I don't know if I'd call this a fruity-floral... I get more of an oriental-vanilla feel from it. I cannot distinguish any single note, from start to finish all I get is a powdery, unisex vanilla with something sweeter popping in and out, like dark chocolate. And there's more, I just can't figure out what.

This is a scent you really need to try for yourself. It seems like everyone is getting something different from this. The lasting power is disappointing and I hate having to reapply as it's kind of hard to replace. But I do love this fragrance and love having the cute, edgy bottle in my collection.

Kellylovesperfume
Kellylovesperfume

Lack of staying power would be a huge understatement, when describing this VS scent. I realize that VS is known for less lasting scents, but this one...I tried to spray some in the air for a friend to smell, and 3 different times they couldn't even find the direction i sprayed! Very Disappointed!!! Awesomely Adorable bottle...BUT that's all you're paying for.... What a Shame!

I agree with many of the comments here - the raspberry blast at the beginning is gone within seconds, I smell a faint note of something that smells like coconut every so often, and there is a masculine vibe to it. I don't find this to be sweet at all. Rather, I find it to be a dark, smoky, slightly powdery scent, which is sexy and edgy. I don't detect most of the notes listed here, other than some faint plum and violet, and although its not listed, it smells like there is a bit of patchouli in the drydown. This is a nice change from the usual VS lineup. I like this quite a bit.

anne0419
anne0419

anyone who is looking for this perfume can go onto Amazon.com and find it there. alot of discontinued perfumes can be found there.

Congeniality

It is just awful. I liked the notes and the bottle so much and have bought for myself this perfume. But I just hated it. Too much of annoying scent of vanilla. I would not test and try any other VS scents, enough for me.

to me this is a sweet wood and at dry down turns into a lovely soft powder with just a hint of citrus. i used my whole bottle and loved every drop. the bottle is plastic, i would of loved it more if it had been glass. discontinued now. if i was easier to get i would buy it again.

Netjera
Netjera

It seems all the perfumes I love are gone. My very favorite was Bare Essentials "Escentual", which was discontinued several years ago. (Last time I saw it was in 2006.) I discovered Love Rocks two years ago when I was in the store, and I LOVED it. I should've bought the stock back then. I'm looking to purchase more, and - gone!

I'm very fond of complex perfumes, that aren't overpowered by floral or woodsy notes. Now, I'm going to have to go on "the great hunt" again.

LadyIris890
LadyIris890

I wish that Victoria's Secret still had this scent...it's a shame that it's discontinued. Love Rocks was really the only long-lasting scent of theirs that I enjoyed.

afraa
afraa

I dont like it - I tried it many times in the store but still cannot like it - for me smells like Dettol

colorblindlove

I smelled this a long time ago, back when they were selling this at VS and I remember really liking it! For some reason I didn't buy it and now they don't sell it anymore :( Hopefully I can buy it during the semi-annual sale!

Jen100
Jen100

I sprayed the fragrance mist once on the back of my neck and put some of the lotion on my arms and it lasted for 7 hours! Amazing! It's definitely musky/fruity/powdery/sweet. I don't usually like sweet fragrances, but I like Love Rocks. I'm impressed with the longevity.

ekadkins
ekadkins

Why, oh why, was this discontinued? It is so sexy and look at the bottle. I mean, come on! Edgy and cute. Just like me :)

chromaggia
chromaggia

I tried this when it came out and thought, "Oh, how sexy! And what a cute bottle! I can't wait to get a bottle of this." I ended up not going back to VS for a while. About two months ago my cousin and I were browsing the mall and VS had a bottle for 75% off. How could I pass that up? I had to go somewhere a few days later and sprayed it on expecting the sexy, flirty fragrance I smelled a few years before.

I was so disappointed. It smelled like cologne, and not very good cologne. Old and sticky and musky. What happened to the fragrance I had adored just a few years before? I don't know, but I don't think I'll be buying it again anytime soon.

deeannek
deeannek

I have had this one on my shelf for quite awhile and it was one of many I just haven't got around to trying out-so today I chose it to wear while I was running errands. It is a very nice fragrance for the price. I am new to the VS line. I have 3 Love Spell, Sexy Little Things Noir and Love Rocks and all of these were either purchased as part of a "lot" or a bonus item from a seller.
I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality-I think they have some really nice note combinations. My one criticism is they just don't last very long on mebut I can always put more on and not worry about it because the prices are very reasonable.
What I like about Love Rocks is most definitely the fruit-Love Raspberries and I know it isn't in the notes but I swear I smell blackberry too which I like a lot too. I love the creaminess that the sandlewood, musk and vanilla bring to the party.Love Rocks reminds me of Christian Audiger's Women but the fruit in LR is not quite as intense or long lasting. Oh yes and my honey-really liked it and for some reason all the VS that I have seems to appeal to him. So Ladies it appears that these VS perfumes attract men like bee's to honey!
Enjoy!

karmas
karmas

My husband loves this on me for whatever reason and I get a whole lot of action whenever I wear it! The berry notes are prominent but the bergamot keeps it from becoming cloying. The vanilla is just great, perfect amounts and again, the husband loves it!!! ;)

Jellybean
Jellybean

got it as present and I like it! powder-floral-musky- fresh and very elegant scent. nice surprise:) i find that it lasts on me for 4-5 hours:)

blonderebellion
blonderebellion

I got this today and I'm very pleased with it.
I can't nail down what it smells like on me; soon after spraying it I thought of Bath and Body Works' "Black Amethyst" but now it smells too musky and too sweet for that comparison.
I agree with the review that said they smelled coconut, but the strange thing is it only smells like coconut in my hair (I always spray some perfume in my hair so that when I take it down it smells nice).
They staying power is proving alright, I notice it varies depending on how much I've sprayed it. I sprayed more on my right wrist than I did on my left and my right wrist still smells strong while the left is fading.
Despite noticing it's fading I still continually get whiffs of it, so it must be lingering somewhere else that I sprayed it.
The bottle is lovely and I'm having fun with the novelty of the atomizer bulb! It's a little inconvenient though, as you have to use both hands to spray it (so spraying my wrists was a bit of a chore).

Overall I really like the scent of this perfume, it's unusual (at least compared to anything in my personal collection), and it's entertaining. I find that the smell sort of shifts: one second I'll smell something fruity and floral, then powdery, then spicy, then musky, and this is what keeps it interesting for me.
I'll definitely enjoy wearing it.
Because of the staying power and the difficulty handling the bottle, I'm glad I bought this at a reduced price. I wonder if I'd like it more if I had bought the body spray instead of the EDT, but I'm not sure I'd want both. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of the body spray if I see it for the right price.

If you like the musky and masculine facet of this perfume, I highly recommend Bath and Body Works' "Black Amethyst". It's purely musky and more masculine and even the body splash has wonderful staying power.

Nicky_PL
Nicky_PL

I'm sorry I have to say it for my 'signature fragrance' but the pitiful lasting power strongly disappoints me.
The smell is fantastic and exactly what I like - juicy berries with plum, violet and vanilla but excuse me, I'd choose stronger fragrance to draw everyone's attention to my appearance. It quickly lies close to the skin merging with its smell and the drydown interestingly reminds of make-up and eyeshadow smell.
The atomizer is another flaw to the wonderful bottle - it simply doesn't spray as much as expected. A friend of mine got her SLT's atomizer broken.
I was expecting a little more but I have no choice except to spray more lavishly and frequently. :-)

secretcrush
secretcrush

I have 2 say this is my least favorite from from the SLT collection... Its super potent 2 the point of being annoying... I did enjoy the raspberry element in this but it gets drowned out by the super powdery violet and mega sweet plum... On a positive note it does seem 2 have better projection and staying power vs many other VS fragrances... Its 40% off now and that still wasnt enough of a reason 4 me 2 buy this...

Malibu

The first thing you should know about LOVE ROCKS is that it has powdered notes from top notes to base, as this has the most developed floral notes so far in the Sexy Little Things range. The peony is the strongest scent note on me and lets well into the heart notes, despite the powdered florals being strong there is also some fruity/sweet notes that stand out too. The raspberry note is also well-developed and is sweet and sharp at the same time, I'm not sure on what they mean by raspberry sorbet as the note smells fresh and natural to me. The bergamot is lost under the powdered peony and raspberry, I get a brief whiff occasionally but it's not strong enough to be really noticeable.

The peony note note must carry down because the powdery note doesn't fade and I don't usually find jasmine or sandalwood powdery. I suppose it could be the stephanotis, but I'm not sure. Either way the powdered scent compliments the warmth of the sandalwood and sweetness of the jasmine perfectly. Underneath the florals is the plum, but I can't pick up on the peach, which is a shame as it's a favorite scent of mine.

The base is a airy mix of powdered vanilla and musk. There is still a lingering plum note which burns down with the fragrance, but I can't detect the violet and I'd guess that 'golden amber' here is maybe honey: Vegetal amber is not used in perfume, 'amber' is actually oils taken from modern resins and tree gums [e.g. benzoin and labdanum] and mixed with other oils such as vanilla, clove or patchouli.

My atomizer hasn't broke, but it is pretty common for atomizers to do so. The bottle has a basic screw top though, so it is easy to transfer the juice to a different bottle should it break.

LOVE ROCKS has the best staying power out of the perfume that I've used in the Sexy Little Things fragrance range. It burns down within six to eight hours. It does go close to the skin after three hours, but other people still notice it.

I bought my bottle in winter when the powdered sandalwood, musk and vanilla makes a creamy and warming mix. The fruits are perfectly balanced in strength with the florals, so it didn't seem out of place for the time of year. I still wear it during spring/summer months too, this is when the perfume being close to the skin comes in handy as the sweetness remains light. The fruit notes also seem more apparent to me and prevent the florals and creamy powderiness from becoming cloying.

As well as being wearable all year round I also happily wear this perfume for casual days, work and some evenings out. The fragrance is subtle, so colleagues won't find it irritating at work and for nights out it is long lasting and defined, but is not loud and yelling "look at me".

This is a pleasant, all year round scent with good staying power, at a reasonable price; Plus the bottle is pretty and adds a nice decorative touch to a dressing table. It does smell similar to the earlier Sexy Little Things flanker Ooh La La, but is stronger and the florals are more developed. I've tried Sexy Little Things and three of the flankers and I think that LOVE ROCKS is the nicest one in the range so far.

If you like soft, vanilla based fruity/floral and gourmand fragrances, such as Ooh La La, Christina Aguilera By Night and Royal Desire, Vera Wang Princess, Paris Hilton Can Can, or Philosophy Falling In Love I'd say that it's a safe bet that you'll enjoy this too.

I'd buy this again as LOVE ROCKS is easy to wear, the price is reasonable, the bottle is pretty and the staying power is better than it's scent-a-likes.

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

I went on victoria's secret online and they don't have this perfume anymore. Why are they discontinuing a fragrance that won an award last year?? I was looking forward to finally sampling this and I am disappointed. I wonder if any of the stores have some left for purchase? I did see body mist left, does anyone know how it well is holds on the skin and how strong it is?

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Very nice, flirty scent. Not too original though as it smells like a lot of other fruity florals out there. But a nice scent nonetheless.

Memi_La
Memi_La

I really likes this one , which was nice because judging from the packaging I wouldn't have guessed it smelled so feminine. It lasts a long time and smells great , one of my new VS favorites. It is easily distinguishable from the other VS scents.

sharyssa
sharyssa

IDK what notes I was smelling when I sampled this today but it was good! I sampled everything in the store and this is the only one that caught my attention. I like it and maybe purchase idk I'm not crazy for VS fragrances they are too expensive for poor quality.

rainydays
rainydays

It starts off as a bland fruity-floral, and grows more gourmand as time goes on. From the bottle I expected something a little stronger, a little more sensual. But Love Rocks really doesn't rock. It's wearable and pleasant, but not special.

teedee
teedee

i tried the body mist, and i was surprised with this one.

Agree with some of the reviews here, it is not that fruity floral on me, it was more fruity-gourmand in the beginning. sweet juicy raspberries, no flowers. it reminds me of jeanne arthes' love generation sexy. love rocks stays longer on my skin thou...and it unlike jeanne arthes', Love rocks actually develops deeper.

the raspberries never gave up on me. it stays pretty long, becoming softer very very slowly. then it reveals the more masculine base notes. i cant pin point yet, which notes gives the masculine impression.

the body mist lasts longer than most other body mists i've tried. i enjoyed my experience with love rocks!

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

I don't see this as floral fruity at all...but I do like it...it's more of a spicy maybe an oriental vanilla. It's a very sexy scent...I will say I will continue wearing this one...and love the bottle!!!

LoveLy
LoveLy

on my skin...this smells a little cologney...which i have grown to like...and i have the mist and the edp...they smell kind of different to me.
the edp is candier which is probably what i fell for and the mist, again, smells slighly of cologne but i love it...
very complex vs perfume

Malibu

LOVE ROCKS surprised me with its lightness. I was expecting something stronger & sweeter.
It's a mild mix of raspberry, peach and amber on me; followed by a light, airy, powdered vanilla drydown.

A pleasant, all year round scent with good staying power (although close to the skin), at a reasonable price & a gorgeous bottle.

LOVE ROCKS is only let down by it’s similarity to PRINCESS, CAN CAN & FALLING IN LOVE.
I’d buy this again, but yeah, minus a star for being unoriginal.

guest_meme
guest_meme

ummmmm..this is NICE. It is more like an oriental vanilla or a gourmand..very sweet and sexy. I do smell a strong vanilla and I love it! If you love sweet vanilla smells or gourmand smells, you must try this. The staying power lasts a long time. It is strong when you spray it, so no need to use a ton. This will lasts a long time. Very sensual, sexy and the bottle is cute. The automizer is also very nice..it sprays evenly.

mandashell
mandashell

WOW! This is an ultra fruity and sweet scent but not so sweet to the point of annoyance. I swear that I have smelled it somewhere before. o.0 FOr fans of this type of scent it is good but it isn't for me. It is fun and pleasant.

rithacha
rithacha

Love Rocks is decent as far as gourmands go. It goes on peony-fresh, but quickly develops into a thicker sweeter composition on skin. On my skin, the dominant notes are vanilla, jasmine, a little bit of sugar-plum, and something very similar to coconut! A rich lotion-like consistency. Recommended for night-time wear.

One of the better offerings from Victoria Secret, IMHO, but still too sweet for me personally =/

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This smelled fairly gourmand on me, like white cake with some kind of slightly fruity pastel frosting. I loved it! I sprayed it on and shopped around a little. I kept catching delightful whiffs of sweet baked goods with fruit and vanilla. It was a light, happy fragrance. It wasn't overpowering or loud. It doesn't remind me of anything sophisticated, but it smelled so darn good when I had it on. It dried down really well and faded softly away, without any synthetic odor left behind, which I often get from the standard line-up of victorias secret body products. My only two frustrations were that the balloon atomizer is clumsy and didn't provide an even spray pattern, and the fragrance didn't seem to last more than 2-3 hours on me. It's possible I didn't spray enough, because I had a hard time fumbling with the balloon.

guest_Kristina
guest_Kristina

I just Bought this Today And It smells so good. Women y'all need to try this fragrance. I got the Body mist & Lotion to this scent. even the Employees Love this Scent lol

Love Rocks by Victoria`s Secret 3.68 out of 5 based on 209 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Love Rocks fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Love Rocks, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Love Rocks by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Love Rocks by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.