Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women

Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Pear Glace Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

A sparkling blend of pear nectar, cassis and violet. It belongs to the Secret Garden collection.

It is available as EDT, body mist and body care collection.

Pear Cassis Violet Chamomile Aloe Vera

Body Fantasies Pear

Pear Glace Fragrance Reviews

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

its very bitter and smells disgusting in my opinion. a pear dont smell bitter it smells sweet and fruity. they could have made this better!
if you want pear try Celine Dion *PURE BRILLIANCE*.
pear glace is pure FAIL

lunabombshell
lunabombshell

Used to love this but I know they reformulated it. Smells a bit disgusting to my friend and to my skin. I smell fugly body odor. Ugh.

What happened to the old one. Reformulation = very poor. :'(

Sorry VS. This is just an epic fail!!!!!!!

BOO! :(

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

What location is to real estate, chemistry is to fragrance.

This is a fragrance that just blends wonderfully with my own personal chemistry. When I was trying this on in VS, a number of people looked very enchanted when they smelled this on my skin. I wear this one very well, and it stays the longest on my skin of any other fragrances that I have tried at VS.

Noir Tease was the longest wearing VS fragrance BEFORE trying this one. This is a bit more powerful and lasts probably over 15 hours on my skin. The longer this wears, the better it smells. It is really AWESOME!

This is a delightful fragrance and wears for HOURS on me! I've tried this a couple of times when I was testing Victoria's Secret fragrances - and I absolutely love the "lift" of this - off the skin. It is very similar to the Eau de Ciel - that I dearly love, but a little bit more fruity.

This wears very fruity. I like it for the spring and summer. It is uplifting! I would probably wear this on days when I'm scooting around doing something outdoorsy- like walking the dogs - or going to the gym.

Shoshi
Shoshi

I rarely like fruity scents, or VS to be honest.
But I have to say that this smells more like a "real perfume" rather than a fruity body splash.
I smell lots of floral notes, as well as the pear, which is not sickly sweet, as pear can sometimes be.
Maybe there's some woody notes in the base as well? Or maybe musk.
In any case, I like this scent.

StarAtlas
StarAtlas

Oh how I used to love this. I'm not sure if this is the reformulation, but does anyone remember when Victoria's Secret used to have those quaint little bath and lotion sets in the 90's? I had a ton of them and I was gifted a set of the Pear Glace when I was in high school (late 90's.) Sorry to say, everytime I smell this now, I smell...

SQUID
yes, squid. Dead squid. Not that there is any squid notes to be found in this, thank god, but my strong olfactory memory sensors will not disconnect the two. Picture this:

Biology, 9th grade, first period. "We will be dissecting squid today, class." Groans all around. I get a big pan of oily, slippery, slimy pale stinky squid in front of me, straight out of the formaldehyde solution. 90 minutes of cutting apart squid guts and pinning them down and then drawing what I saw sans gloves(I was in a tech school that offered only 4 classes a day, alternating A and B days, so hence 90 min classes.) Afterwards, I scrubbed and scrubbed to get that fishy rank smell of dead dying decaying crabs and fish to no avail. Stupidly, I tried to cover it up with my beloved Pear Glace lotion and spray. MAJOR EPIC FAIL. All day long I had to hear "what's that horrible stench?" Lesson? Pear and dead squid notes clash horribly. Should've went with the Angel spray since they've discontinued it anyway. That was when VS had only one Angel scent and it doesn't smell anything like the Angel scents today.
To this day, I can still remember what that smell was like and steer clear of Pear Glace.
But enjoy it! Don't let my story disrupt you! :)

sarage
sarage

I just bought my Pear Glacé, in the tax free shop of Hania airport in Crete. All the VS body scents were in 40% discount, the regular price seems to be the same there as in Nordic countries(15,50 euro).
The main notes are pear and melon - and they are very clear. This is a sweet, light summer fragrance, I only wish I had this before my holiday week in Crete!
My daughter said I smell like I've poured pear cider all over me, so I guess this is a bit boozy smelling!
For me, this is a very good and clear pear fragrance. Summer in a bottle. Nice mood lifter, too.
Lasting power on my skin is weaker than Sheer Love, which lasts the whole day.

I tend to crave the scent of pear during the Spring season, so it was in September of last year that I decided to purchase Victoria's Secret Pear Glace.

Pear Glace is the kind of fragrance I enjoy wearing. I'm not usually a fan of fruity florals, however Pear Glace is fruity perfection to my nose in that the pear accord is watery and crisp rather than juicy. Cassis, casaba melon and aloe vera provide a vegetal, almost spicy greenness, which really blends well with my chemistry.

I half suspect that Pear Glace is a bit of an acquired taste. It's not your typical Victoria's Secret fruity floral. There's nothing sweet and sugary about it whatsoever.

I own both the mist and the body cream, however I much prefer the cream, as I find it to be longer lasting on the skin. It's great for Summer also, as it lends a soft, fresh aroma.

Victoria's Secret products are difficult to find in Australia. I found this fragrance in Terminal 2 of Changi Airport, Singapore. I'm pleased to have discovered it, as it now stands as one of my favourite pear scents for Spring and Summer.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

Victorias secret pear glace remains a special childhood memory scent as my mom used to use this daily i had grown to love sweet scent as this. Pear glace instantly transports me to the nostalgic days of year 1995!

Tatosmama
Tatosmama

I used to wear this fragrance quite a bit in my late twenties, post divorce when I went out on the town. I, too, smelled a "boozy" scent along with the sweet pear. Beer? Hops? Not sure. BUT--- Men LOVED this on me!!!! It was as if I were bathed in pheromones before I left the house. I will never forget the night a super hunky young body builder guy approached me as I was going to my car after a night out and said I smelled "Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!" He said he had to have me right that second!! That has only happened to me one other time-- when wearing Obsession (the original by CK in the early nineties). I am sorry for the sensually-charged review but I am not kidding. Crazy!

Still a fave scent of mine, but I rarely wear it. It somehow just doesn't smell the same without the hint of liquor and cigarette smoke. LOL!

Oh, high school! I smell sugary pear, melon and aloe. In some ways it's reminiscent of Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon, but without the tangy quality and less cloying. I imagine the aloe can be credited with that.
Sweetly green and aquatic. Actually a tiny bit less sweet than some current VS offerings. Perhaps because of it's "vintage". If I smelled this on a woman over 25 I'd have to ask if it was 1999 again.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I used to really like Pear Glace when I was younger. For old time's sake I tested this fragrance recently and it smells different than I remembered... I never really noticed it, but there is something boozy (someone metiontioned a beer like scent and I think that is actually pretty accurate) and the "pear" is super sweet. I would have thought the violet would have toned it down, as violet is generally a pretty powdery floral, but it stayed strong, sharp, and sweet til and then just disappeared. Regardless, I like the memory of this one - maybe it has always smelled this way and my nose has changed over the years. Not bad, but not one that I will be purchasing.

I'm a bit disappointed with this one. I was hoping to get a light fruity scent that's sweet, but not too sweet. This isn't it. I do smell the pear, but not the "sugared pear" as it says on the label. Its more like just a regular pear. The label also says there is casaba melon in there, which isn't listed here. The scent of the melon definitely is noticeable, almost as much as the pear. I'm not the biggest fan of melon, although its OK in small amounts, so this melon not isn't winning me over either. In addition, there is a green bitter note that ruins the whole thing for me. This is an odd combination.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

This scent just smells like chemicals and perfume gone bad. I don't like it at all.

silverain82
silverain82

I wore Pear Glace' on my very first date. I was 15... We went to see the movie "Air Force One." I would love to get another bottle of this, so I could smell the sweet memories!

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

I agree with MuseumGal, the best Pear! And I have done as Filigree has, layered over sesame bath oil.
I had also worn this with Jovan White Musk. It goes well on me after applying Palmer`s Cocoa Butter.
I have tried other Pears, and nothing beats VS Pear.
It is delicious, fresh, and clean. Also has a somewhat boozy vibe to it that others have mentioned, and I find appealing.
I was maid of honour in a fall wedding, and had brought an almost empty bottle and one full bottle of Pear Glace to the church where I was to dress. The bride literally snagged my full bottle ( which I gave to her, happily ) and she made it her own throughout her honeymoon in the Cayman Islands. Goes to show, it goes well whatever the season, and location.
I love VS Sparkling Apple as well, and the sadly discontinued Jeweled Citrus.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Oh, this brings back memories! My wonderful aunt and cousin bought me a long, white cotton night gown from VS and a bottle each of the lotion and body wash in "Pear Glace." I didn't have a honey moon, but did wear "Pear Glace" the first night after I married my husband. His comment: "You smell like a Jolly Rancher"!!!

And so began my quest for a perfume that I enjoy, that my husband enjoys and won't make disparaging comments about!

It is a nice, fruity-floral fragrance. I see it described as "boozy" and I agree--there is a quality to the fragrance that comes out especially when it's too heavily applied or the weather is warm. Otherwise, it's fresh and somewhat watery but with good sillage and good lasting power. At least, my 1996 edition was :)

Museumgal
Museumgal

VS does the best pear scent. This is a surprisingly clean fruity floral, not as sweet as the usual. The pear is lovely, if you like pear this is a good one.

dovey
dovey

a cold sugared pear .....this is how I would describe it.
Get the shower gel or the hand & body cream :)

e_lindemann
e_lindemann

I absolutely hate this scent, and a lot of my friends do, too. I think it smells like dirt, it also gave me terrible migraines. YUCK

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Nice and light, fresh, fruity, yummy pear. Great for pear lovers when you just want something light after a shower or just a refresher.

Filigree
Filigree

This is a fun, light, no commitment, no surprises, refreshing fragrance. I first wore this visiting my older step-sister when I was 13. I layered it over Neutrogena's Sesame Body oil after a shower and it was the perfect combo. I have a tiny little bottle of this perfume now and use it for very casual get togethers (like a backyard BBQ) or when I want a bit of nostalgia. This is a fun fragrance.

colorblindlove

If you like this scent, make sure you buy it soon because this scent (as well as strawberries & champagne, be seduced and mango temptation) will be discontinued and at the semi annual sale (JUNE 12). I work at VS so I just wanted to tell everyone now :)

UPDATE: This will NOT be discontinued!

fabulous_me
fabulous_me

i wanted to buy vs strawberry&champagne from an online store, but it was out of stock so they exchanged it with this one. i'm not happy but not disappointed. this smells quite nice, but after sniffing it for a few seconds, it smells like johnsons baby wipes.

Allyfally
Allyfally

I loved the smell of this, but it gave me awful migraines. I had to give it to a friend, and she loves it.

refreshing boozey pears. nice for after a shower. also nice in spring and summer. i bought 2 and gave 1 to my daughter, she loves it. i like it too. i find it a very clean, sweet scent with a little bitterness to it also. lasts a couple of hours for this casual scent. nice.

Whit
Whit

I had this when I was in high school. I liked it, but it wasn't one of my favorites. I remember wearing it in the summer, and just feeling fresh. I'm in my 30's now, and I smelled this again recently, and I can't stand it. I don't know why. To me, it smells sharper and more medicinal than it had in the past. It could be the reformulation. Needless to say, I didn't purchase it because it made me feel nauseated and my hubby agreed, which made it a definite no-go. This just smells awful to me, not just on my skin, but in the bottle or just spraying the body mist in the air. I'm sorry to those of you that like it, but if they did reformulate this, they didn't do a very good job. :(

mei3ya
mei3ya

the older bottle smells better, somehow they've changed it while they renewed the bottle :(. But I still love this scent, reminds me of highschool and my first crush. He loved this scent so much he awkwardly said he wanted to eat me! lol. I have the strawberry champagne but I love pear-glace more. It smells like fresh pear!

Booogie
Booogie

This scent along with Love Spell and Enchanted Apple will always remind me of the 90s and my mom. She still loves them. Sweet, light and refreshing pear scent mixed with a little beer. Weird, I know. I will always like this though, probably wouldn't wear it.

colorblindlove

This is absolutely horrible! Me and my coworkers think that this smells like peppers! Truly disgusting.

Jayebe
Jayebe

This has been my favorite VS scent for a long time. I always get compliments when I wear it, especially the lotion. The body spray doesn't last long on me.

DocTales
DocTales

Out of all the VS scents, this one is by far the worst! To me it smells like rotten melons. VS has so many nice ones, pear glace ain't one of them.

KeriMarieCowart
KeriMarieCowart

I wore this as a teenager and still LOVE it now in my 30's!!!

kellea
kellea

To me it is a scent made for teenagers & I don't care to smell like fruit. It actually attracts bees where I live. Not for me, not a bad scent, just not my thing.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This does smell really boozy, like champagne with pears. I noticed when I first sprayed it the smell of lemons which isn't listed in the notes but I can really smell it initially. It is a very linear fragrance and 6 sprays lasts about 4 hours with the body spray. I think it is a fun sunny fragrance, Nothing serious. I'm more neutral on this myself as it is sweeter then I normally like, however the champagne smell makes it interesting so I am going to keep my bottle, It probably won't be on my list to re-purchase though.

creamsoda45
creamsoda45

the body mist is just lovely, i always get compliments when i wear it.

iloveelifeee
iloveelifeee

To me, this smells disgusting.

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Initial spray sometimes smells like fermenting fruit/alcohol to me, but after that the fragrance is lovely and sweet. More suited to summer and a couple of spritzes I find is more than enough if you don't want to overwhelm.

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

It smells like happiness!

UPDATE: the body mist smells like happiness, the perfume is a bit heavy and not refreshing at all. But if you use the moisturizer first and just apply a bit of perfume it's ok... after it settlesXD

kkimono
kkimono

I just love this scent... I don't wear it until the spring/summer. At least once a week I receive a compliment on it.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I bought it and given to my mom ended ... smells like caramelized pears .. super death for a diabetic!
The note of the middle should have some mint instead of cassis.
I love Gourmet Hot and sweet perfume but this is too much!

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

a freah ripen pear scent which is great for everyday summer wear. It's fresh and juicy but doesn't last long.
I like it for everyday wear.

kyliecarefree
kyliecarefree

This is so refreshing compared to the other VS scents. I love it!

larali
larali

I have the body splash. Love it, it's so refreshing after a shower. It smells clean and keeps me feeling clean all day.

romrom
romrom

I really like this one, I think I've been using it for like 12 years now and it's one of my fav. It's a sweet candy smell that stays with you all day, true it's not a sexy sophisticated scent , but it's a great out of the shower clean weekend scent, plus my husband loves loves loves it on me ,so for me it's a winner

dina
dina

Very refreshing at the beginning and then it starts to become more sweeter smell almost identical to Yvresse YSL but maybe in a less sophisticated way. Very good staying power with a moderate sillage.

limbaeck
limbaeck

Love the body lotion, fragrance is too sweet

staceyluv
staceyluv

this is too icky for me..too popular..rancid after a while, much like flat beer!

timi
timi

This candy coated monstrosity needs to die a slow, painful death.

guest_Ginger
guest_Ginger

To me, it is the grossest smell from VS. My friend got it for me as a present, and I exchanged it for Love Spell (which I am not in love with, but it was much better). I just don't like going around smelling like a fruit.

green violet leaves
wet ripe pears mandoline sliced
cassis leaf garnish

Contessa01
Contessa01

This wasnt as good as I thought it would be unfortunately, it smells like some kind of medicinal pear?? I prefer amber romance personally though havent tried them all yet.

minty
minty

not have a special smell but it is great for daily summer wear. it smells sweet.

outofocus
outofocus

Although it's too sweet for me, of all VS's fragances, I think it's the most interesting I've tried. Overly simple, but at least different.

exciter76
exciter76

This is not, by any means, a complex fragrance. I have worn this scent alone and been told by more than one person that I smelled like I had doused myself in beer. I cannot deny that there is an element of truth in these comments; Pear Glace certainly smells more like a pear ale than a just-bitten pear. Good thing I adore a cold bottle of pear ale the moment the thermometer begins to climb.

I have found that Pear Glace (and most scents from VS Garden Collection/BBW Signature Collection, as they are sister companies) are best used as ancillaries for other prestige fragrances. My favorite pairing? Burberry Brit and Pear Glace. The pear in Burberry Brit is amped up when paired with the Pear Glace body wash and lotion. Also, for those who are adventurous enough to try this, pair up VS ancillaries with a toned-down men's fragrance; the combination lends a feminine touch to otherwise masculine scents. Try Claiborne Bora Bora for Men and VS Island Waters body wash and lotion. It is one of the best ways to truly "own" your fragrances and make them all your own.

sophiatwli
sophiatwli

This scent smells refreshing at first, but is too sickenly sweet--almost like medicine--I had a migraine after spraying it the fifth time

putri
putri

sweet but not overwhelming.a hint of cassis here makes nice combination, a bit bitter but fresh.

succubus
succubus

Another favorite VS scent of mine. It smells very sweet and refreshing.

Pear Glace by Victoria`s Secret 3.32 out of 5 based on 293 ratings and 57 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Pear Glace fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Pear Glace, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pear Glace by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pear Glace by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.