Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Satin Rose de Mai Victoria`s Secret for women

Satin Rose de Mai Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Satin Rose de Mai Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Satin Rose de Mai Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Satin Rose de Mai Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Satin Rose de Mai Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Victoria’s Secret offers something really special. It is a collection consisting of four new fragrances, inspired by luxurious materials used in the fabrication of Victoria’s Secret lingerie: cashmere, silk, satin and lace to which the collection Parfums Intimes is dedicated.

These fragrances come in beautiful packages of the same bottle form and box, colored in pink, beige, gray and black. The bottles are very elegant, made out of glass, heavy and decorated with satin ribbons.

Besides the bottles of 50 ml EDP, they are also available as the Flower Mist editions in the bottles of 250 ml. The package of 4 fragrances is launched as a special set, to introduce you to all of the aromas from this collection.

Satin Rose de Mai features rose, honeysuckle, grapefruit and mandarin blossom. Satin Rose de Mai was launched in 2009.

Rose Honeysuckle Grapefruit Mandarin Blossom

Satin Rose de Mai Fragrance Reviews

Naoi Ruen
Naoi Ruen

Sweet, dreamy and sexy. I love it!!! And can only be smelled when their close to you. (>^-^<)

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I have a little 0.25 fl oz pray vial of this with a satin pink ribbon coming off of it. I actually remember getting this in a swap back when I used to engage in swaps- this is such a nice scent. I like to use it in the morning, or when I need a really fresh pick-me-up which is usually mid-afternoon. Florals really work to elevate one's mood and keep the energy up. This blends juicy grapefruit with a dewy, fresh rose. It is so fresh! It almost reminds me a little bit of Clinique Happy in Bloom flankers they always make in the Spring. Great scent!

Aspendina
Aspendina

i don't know if the travel size i recieved went bad or if it was stored in the sunlight but this is so light i can barely smell anything at all. I do get the rose but its not even that great of a rose, its dry and just barely there. I would like to get another one to see if it smells the same cause I don't believe that VS would make and sell something so light and weak, mine must have had something happen to it cause the one i have isn't worth paying a penny for.

Sarah-2012
Sarah-2012

ilove it

scentedrat
scentedrat

I am not the biggest fan of rose fragrances, but I love this one. It is a truly clean, fresh rose. It reminds me a little bit of Rock'n Rose by Valentino, just in the way it takes the rose scent and turns it into something besides that is NOT old-fashioned or "classic". It is more clean than sweet, but it's a "soft" clean, not sharp or citrusy. The only problem with it is that it is so light, and it doesn't last long on me. And of course, it is discontinued, so I can't buy a big vat of it and spray myself every hour.

This one and Lace work really well on me, and I love them both. Cashmere is much too sweet and heavy for me. I am on the fence about Satin. The sandalwood is a little too prominent for me, but it is pretty and different.

UPDATE: I take back what I said about lasting power--if I am a bit more liberal in applying it, the lasting power is pretty good.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

The opening is all sparkling grapefruit. Clean, bright, and festive.

Powerdy rose and a honeysuckle make a subdued floral drydown. And there is a hint of musk somewhere in the mix that I find very comforting. It reminds me a whole lot of JdP In White though.

If you want a calm, clean, yet comforting floral this would satisfy you. Good for the daytime, Spring, and Summer. Good lasting power too! The whole Intimes line has quality... top notch.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I got the body spray of this for under $10. I think I spent $10 too much. I was hoping for a more rose scent but this is rather sweet fruity rose. I would classify this as a fruity floral because I really can smell the grapefruit in it very strong. The honeysuckle in it turns it too sweet for my taste.
It is a linear fragrance and smells more of a mature sweet fruity floral. Again it isn't for me. Too sweet. It is a very lasting powerful fragrance.

manigark
manigark

I love this fragrance. It is so clean and refreshing, but still pretty and feminine. Has anyone found something similar now that it has been discontinued? I am currently still searching...

guest_juizzy 80
guest_juizzy 80

I was in love withthis fragrance the moment i smelled it.You get a boost of tangy rose. I love it!!!!

Migotka
Migotka

Review sponsored by amazing Irishpriness who gifted this oneto me:)

This is a lovely rose fragrance.
However it does not make me think of sensuality, alcove, satin and sexy lingerie. It is more reminiscent of a garden in early spring. My nose detects rose and fresh, green grass, possibly some herbs. It does not develop much, and is pretty much a monoscent, but I use it as my comfort night time fragrance and it works perfectly for me. Whenever I smell my wrist before going to bed I feel it calms me down.

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

I love this!!! it makes me think of walking down a cobblestone street lined with brick buildings with a pretty pink flower in my hair in the middle of a thunderstorm!. it almost reminds me of clinique happy but like a million times better! perfect rose scent for someone in their 20's.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

I was so so sad after I bought this one. I was so excited and idealistic about this uplifting light fragrace when I smelled it at the store. It smelled like a light floral with sweet light grapefruit but not overkill... ahhhh so refreshing and clean. It made me sooo happy. :) Like heaven, a fresh breaze on a sunny day. mmm... yummy :) I was so in love with this scent. Like a little kid dreamy-eyed and happy. :) There is something inspiring about it. It lifts you up and makes you happy. You can not be depressed after smelling this scent. It's just impossible. It is light and innocent, and yet feminine and sophisticated. It is so beautiful!:) You almost feel a sense of awe and wonder. (If you can imagine that actually coming from a scent.) I can't explain it. I don't know.. I just loved it that much. :)

Then I got home.. after trying it the next day. Once all the other fragrances weren't in my nose to distract me. I sprayed it. It smelled lovely within the first few seconds. Then came the rose.

I think I was so distracted by the light fruity floral clean deliciousness of it at the store. It was a classy sweet floral. Not chemical, or too young. Very clean and uplifting. You can't help but say ahhhh. :) It smelled very elegant and beautiful. Like you are lifted into a cloud. But then I smelled the rose... :(

I so wanted one of those pretty bottles. I had my heart set on it. Very Sophisticated. More representative of my age. A departure for me from my bath and body items. :( So sad. I can't tell you how sad I was about that. I realized... after that day... that Rose is a very horrible smell to my nose And I was devistated about this. It became stronger and stronger. Within 2-5 minutes I had to literally run upstairs and wash it off my arms. :'( Sooo sad. It was aweful to see something I loved so much initially turn into something so drastically different, and aweful. (to my tastes.)

Well at least I learned something ~ Rose is not a fav. note of mine. :) Hope this helps! Fruity floral lovers - beware. This Light fruity floral hides a lurking Rose monster beneath. If it were just a touch maybe I could have done it. But it was very very strong. If you like light florals you will love this. But if you don't like Rose, sample with caution. :) If you love Rose, then you will be in Heaven! ~ Rose Euphoria. :)

Victoria's Secret SATIN Rose de mai is a heavily rose-laden linear that delivers roses from beginning to end, but with a touch of honeysuckle that becomes a bit stronger after a few minutes. The quality here compares with Guerlain's AA ROSA MAGNIFICA, and the idea is the same: to showcase the rose.

To don roses or not to don roses, that is the only question. Although roses contribute beautifully to many symphonic compositions, I am leaning toward the belief that as soloists they are better showcased in sachet-scented lingerie drawers than on my skin.

I tried this on the other day while at Victoria's Secret. So I wasn't too crazy about it when i first tried it on, but I was looking around and kept sniffing my wrist and it grew on me. It smells pretty good. Just a nice rose scent. It lasted for at least several hours on me. I'm thinking about buying it.

LAMANDA255
LAMANDA255

gorgeous!gorgeous! so sweet and clean and airy! i love it!

Yup, it went too sweet on me, too. Started lovely, then went into a sugar-coated floral stickyness. Argh. Too sweet, which is a shame because the notes start off so very lovely.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

I was looking forward to wearing this, because I love many rose and tuberose scents, but I ended up being disappointed. I think it is a body chemistry thing, because this smelled good when I first tested it, but Rose de Mai became very cloying on my skin. It made me sneeze all day too. I guess someone else will be inheriting my free sample.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

It smells good for the first 20 min. and then it got lost on my skin. It started to smell too much like any other basic floral. I like the Cashmere more.

mathumom
mathumom

Just shows you how fragrances react differently on people's skin. I tried all four one day. Drove home with them all on different parts of my arms. For me, Lace had the lasting power. Came back a different day to buy it. Used it the next day. Sprayed it on a 8 AM. It was still giving off a nice fragrance at 3 PM. Thought I would give the Satin Rose a try again. Went back and gave my wrist a good spray. It did not last at all when I got home a gave my wrist a sniff test.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I can see this one for the under-22 crowd or people who like a very very light floral. Pretty, fresh, slightly shy and youthful, a real rosebud of a fragance. Daytime wear, for warmer weather, casual or light enough to wear to work.

carashea
carashea

Had been waiting for this new line to come out and I'm not dissappointed! I had thought from the descriptions that I would end up buying the Lace one but after trying all 4 and making my poor fiance sniff my wrists OVER and OVER again :)...we both agreed that we liked this one the best! It's very light and freshly floral,but not in a boring way. I also noticed that this and the Cashmere one have the best staying power out of all 4. Overall really pretty and I typically am not crazy about Victoria's Secret fragrances.

Satin Rose de Mai by Victoria`s Secret 4.07 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Satin Rose de Mai fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Satin Rose de Mai, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Satin Rose de Mai by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Satin Rose de Mai by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.