Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Seduction Dark Orchid Victoria`s Secret for women

Seduction Dark Orchid Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

oud
Seduction Dark Orchid Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Seduction Dark Orchid Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Seduction Dark Orchid Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Victoria's Secret launches new women's fragrance named Seduction Dark Orchid in fall 2012. The fragrance opens a new line of fragrances of this house - Victoria's Secret Seduction - announced as their most exclusive perfume line to date. Seduction Dark Orchid is a rich, provocative and luxurious fragrance, "designed to seduce the senses."

The composition opens with notes of black currant cream, blood orange, plum, pineapple blossom, bergamot and yuzu. Its rich and dark floral heart includes jasmine, red ginger orchid, dark red calla lilies, midnight orchid and lily of the valley. Soft and warm amber is in the base, along with oriental accords of oud, tonka, amber crystals, cashmere wood and creamy musk.

The face of the perfume is supermodel Miranda Kerr. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and also as body lotion, scented candle and body mist.

Black Currant Blood Orange Bergamot Yuzu Plum Pineapple

Jasmine Black Orchid Orchid Lily-of-the-Valley Arum Lily

Amber Crystal Amber Musk Agarwood (Oud) Tonka Bean Cashmere Wood

Forbidden Euphoria
Euphoria

Seduction Dark Orchid Fragrance Reviews

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Let me address some comparisons first. SDO is a subdued/streamlined alternative to Black Orchid, for anyone interested. Addressing the comparisons to Euphoria: Seduction Dark Orchid is better. Euphoria is pungent from an overdose on exotic flowers whereas Victoria Secret concoctions rarely stray far from what's safe. Apart from a predictably stringent jasmine note, SDO is pretty digestible.

I don't think plum is ever a good idea for a fruity floral fragrance trying to battle the others on the market. It's not uninteresting but I'm just not a fan. As to be expected of a VS fragrance, there are a lot of *other* fruit notes that are smartly done.

I think you probably know by now what you're getting into with VS fragrances. Not bad.

Blonde McBeatz

I just reviewed here but I'm adding to it.

It's not like Euphoria. On the first spritz I get plumb and fruity sweetness, a little too sweet. Then after a minute the flowers come through. I just bought the mini body mist to try. I do really love this scent, but my signature is Euphoria and I think Seduction is almost as good as that.

Blonde McBeatz

I just went to VS today and bought this. My signature fragrance is CK Euphoria, and I went through numerous stores to find a fragrance that smelled like that one, and that's not easy.
This was the most similar. It starts off with fruits like Euphoria, it changes to midnight orchid which smells divine, and dries down to a base of amber also like Euphoria. I absolutely love this scent, it smells very dark, sensual and sexy. Totally my style and up my alley. Very seductive, totally recommend.

seaside

I want to add something to the review I've already posted.

At the risk of making some heads explode around here, I have to say that I've twice now tested this fragrance along with Tom Ford's new Velvet Orchid -- both labeled here as Oriental Florals.

There is a distinct similarity between the two. I'm not saying that they're indistinguishable. Different notes predominate. But they could be cousins.

The dry-down is interesting in that I prefer the VS Seduction Dark Orchid to TF's Velvet Orchid. The latter is more powdery, while the former retains more of its plummy yet slightly sweet touch.

For reasons of personal safety, however, I will not mention this on the Tom Ford Velvet Orchid page! :-)

seaside

I just am going to have to repeat what's been said in so many reviews here: This is a gorgeous, dark, sensual, and heady scent that still remains very wearable for those of us who aren't quite as adventurous as some. I think the fruity and slight sweet tones keep this perfume from becoming "combative" and instead make it a very inviting fragrance.

It's a wonderful scent in a beautiful bottle. And I bought a back-up this week at VS. They had just put the large size EDP on sale for $17. I would have been crazy not to; right? :-)

plutodagirl
plutodagirl

I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do! I only got this because after sniffing numerous perfume samples in VS the other day, this was the only one that made me say "Oh, wow." I had a $30 coupon to use, so I thought, what the heck! I'm so glad I chose this one. Very sensual, and downright sexy. When I spray this on me, it's almost like it gives me a boost of confidence. The opening is fruity, I smell something plum-like, then it gets all dark and amberish. I've worn this four days in a row, which is highly unusual for me, with my extensive perfume collection. I tend to wear a different perfume everyday, depending on my mood. The only problem I have is that it does not last at all. I got the matching lotion to help the scent stay, but it doesn't seem to help. Lasts about 4 hours tops on me. In my opinion, you could wear this anytime. It's been hot and humid here, and it doesn't seem too heavy to wear at all.

Sorayya
Sorayya

I was looking for a very sexy, sophisticated and seductive perfume to wear on nights out, but I wanted a so called "night" perfumes without the strong smell that makes me think I am wearing my husband's cologne...I bought this one out of reviews...

OMG....I can't believe how much I love the smell as soon as I sprayed it on. I love all the different phases. I was not expecting to love it so much!

I don't think it smells like Forbidden Euphoria though (which is my signature fragrance). I love both, but Seduction Dark Orchid is for my nights out and romantique diners ;-)

sofyfragrantica
sofyfragrantica

I hate the smell when i sniffed it on the test paper..suddenly,my friend took it and sprayed it on me..I was like hey! stop it..I don't like the smell..then, we went out from the VS shop..while walking, my friend said, you smell so good..then i sniffed my wrist,it's totally smell different than the test paper..it's smell sooooooo good.dark,seductive,mysterious and flirty..suitable for girls' night out with LBD.I can't believe the reaction of my body smell with this perfume produced such a sexy smell.. I love it!

lovelylady
lovelylady

If you close your eyes and smell the fragrance it could pass off as a unisex scent. It is a dark mature scent definitely not for the teenagers. The bottle design and name reflects how the scent actually is. No surprises it is exactly what you expect. But it isn't a favorite of mine.

For some mysterious reason I like Victoria's Secrets scents, judging on a basis of few scents I have tested so far. Looks like all these scents are made in a similar manner: to be sexy, fun and cheerful. Therefore, they usually suit my taste.
VS Seduction is very seductive indeed, amazing with succulent fruits, rich orchid and soft, comforting base. Not too heavy, not too light either. Highly tempting scent without being sultry or tiring at any moment - I love Victoria's Secret for that!
VS is a brand created for young people, but I feel that I will be using its perfumes no matter of age.

Update: I've tested it again and I have to admit that it is nice even in high temperature.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

At first I got what I could have sworn was blast of dry patchouli. Must have been the tonka and oud?? There is a dark sweetness from the currant and plum, jammy and round. There orchid is also present, which makes sense given the name. I do find Seduction Dark Orchid to be a seductive fragrance. I saw that someone below compared this to Yves St Laurent's Elle, which I adore, and I think there is a very superficial similarity between the two. Elle has a very distinct patchouli note, and I think Dark Orchid is sweeter. There are also more fruity nuances in Dark Orchid. Dark Orchid is a very good evening, statement fragrance, but it won't probably offend the person next to you either. A good solid like IMO :)

GirlNumber7
GirlNumber7

This perfume screams SEXY! It's really provocative & seductive. I could smell the dark orchid, the freshness of the fruit ( I don't know what kind of fruit - maybe berries?) and the sweetness of musk (or vanilla?)

I know that some called it having a masculine scent but I could've swore that this is definitely a Woman's perfume. It really is seductive & addictive. A friendly advice, you don't have to spray the perfume all over your body because it does pack a lot of warmth at first...when it simmers down, you could smell the lightness and sultriness of this fragrance.

If you're one of those who likes to sprays quite a lot, I suggest you to purchase the Body Mist. It's quite lighter than the EDP yet smells the same...and it comes in a large bottle (250ml)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

dark and sultry.. The initial citrus opening doesnt last but a few minutes then it is very woodsy, lots of dark orchid, touch of plum & amber.. Not very sweet actually almost masculine in its heaviness. I really do like it but its not a love.

Sillage is just above the skin and lasts about 3-4 hrs on me.

Doesnt smell like the original euphoria and I do not have the others mentioned to compare it to. Definately the darkest scent I own.

Linnyhazelnut
Linnyhazelnut

SEXY and SULTRY while sweet. I.e. Seductive. It is my favourite perfume, nothing too sharp nor too complicated, but just imagine a woman in an elegant gown winking at you... that's it.
Detected lots of the orchids, wood and plum on my body.
Sillage is reasonable albeit not a lot but that is suitable for this perfume, because if it is too strong it would be overly loud and sexy and not as sultry.
Very long lasting. I smelled it on the test paper in my purse after like 2 weeks.
It is one of the few VS scents my boyfriend finds acceptable, haha. Indeed it smells more sophisticated and expensive, but it is still playful.
Couldnt help buying the 3.4 oz bottle~

risarii
risarii

Gorgeous, gorgeous perfume. Dark, seductive, mysterious, delicious. Smells luxurious. Sillage is perfect (not overbearing but other people will be able to smell it on you.) and it's long lasting. Couldn't ask for more! Way to go VS, impressed me once again!

This fragrance is really seductive!

Most of all I feel the midnight orchid, plum, tonka bean, amber and cashmere wood. Likely the oud note is not intensive on me because I'm not a fan.

Dark, warm, a little bit gourmand pleasantly smelling fragrance.

And it doesn't smell like Forbidden Euphoria by Calvin Klein. Seduction Dark Orchid is much better.

I like this fragrance.

cyclone1391
cyclone1391

I absolutely adore this scent!! lasts a very long time and is not overpowering but still dark. Smells like a even blend of wood and plum on me with less floral and my man LOVES it!

Sadly on my new birth control this smells much too strong on my skin. I would still highly recommend though. Since I have switched to Flirty Little Secrets perfume oil with pheromones and I adore it! Has plum and woodsy notes similar to Seduction Orchid but is softer and a lighter fruit scent.

EBaby
EBaby

One word for this? Alluring. Whoa! I was not expecting to love this, but alas... There is such a dark note to this. So fabulously feminine and intricate. I was looking for something with a deep and woodsy quality that wasn't too masculine; this us it. I hope V.S. realizes they have a lasting, amazing, beautiful winner here. Smells way more expensive than it is. If you are questioning this, put it on your wrist. You won't look back!

VinessaChen
VinessaChen

To me, this smells like the darker version of bombshell. Nothing unique or special.

StarAtlas
StarAtlas

This was a blind buy for me off eBay. Well worth it. I agree with those who say it smells quite expensive. It absolutely does. To anyone who thinks this smells like Bombshell - sadly mistaken. Let me just say that Bombshell is my favorite at the moment of all VS scents and I usually go for perfumes that are somewhat similar but Seduction Dark Orchid is AMAZING. Just in a different way than Bombshell. I have been looking for a darker note than my usual and if I would have came across this in the store, I would have passed it right up. It has a powerful opening of the base notes, especially the cashmere and oud woods. I know, strange that the base notes are right up front, but there they are. Very complex, so warm, sweet like some viscous dark honey. I swear, almost carnal...
Whatever you do, don't just pass it up because you think it may just be another decades old smelling 'fume. Let it evolve, you may really, REALLY like it.

P.S. Sillage is moderate to strong (especially so since I bought stuff to layer it with, lotion isn't quite as strong smelling) and longevity is probably the nicest of all VS products I've tried. I sprayed it on right before I went to sleep and woke up 4 hours later warm and cozy with that smell wrapped in my blanket. It's a chilly October night and it's perfect.

Oahsa
Oahsa

It's a sexy scent allright, & smells quite expensive!

& I don't think it smells like CK Euphoria, but the smell is quite very common with tons of perfumes.

I do recommend it actually.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

i agree with th who think it smells like Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her. I have that one allready so i dont think that i will buy this one then. But i like the scent ofcourse.

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

this very much so reminds of calvin klien euphora .. it reminds me of the edt version!
i like this. but i rather calvin klien euphora edp. :)

Bluekey
Bluekey

Forbidden Euphoria by Calvin Klein dead ringer.

But the plum note missing from Euphoria makes it less gourmand and harsher than Seduction Dark Orchid: Forbidden Euphoria gave me an instant headache, whereas SDO never did! I prefer SDO by far, although it's very hard to find in my country.

And for a "perfume snob" as myself, this was a great surprise: I was so reluctant to try it at first (being a Victoria's Secret scent and all that) but it smells better than any very expensive designer fragrance. My new signature fragrance, I get complimented every time I wear it.

ABF
ABF

reminds Elle Yves Saint Laurent for me

b.a.denney

Just wanted to add that Caress makes a body wash called Sheer Twilight that smells almost just like Seduction Dark Orchid. I have the Victoria Secret Dark Orchid body wash to match my EDP, but I'm finding the Caress Sheer Twilight is a superb match, probably due to the strong orchid scent it has. It's even has similar packaging in purple.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I got this for Christmas. It opens with a fruity, woodsy scent that is darkly sexy. It's a pleasant fragrance, but after repeated wears the wood scent comes out much more prominently to me. I still like it, but don't find myself wearing it as much as others because of the way the citrus combines with the wood. It's a bit pungent and I have to be in the mood for it.

b.a.denney

I just got this from my husband for my birthday. He knew I wanted this. He got me the whole shebang in a gift set. I do really love the scent of this. I layered it by doing the body wash in the shower, then applying lotion, then spritzed the EDP. Even with doing all that it isn't very strong. I even went and looked at the box to make sure it wasn't EDT instead of EDP. It just doesn't' project on me, and with this being the first time I've worn it I should be able to smell it. I was hoping this would become a favorite of with husband, but I'm betting it won't. It's not even going to be a favorite of mine if it doesn't have any sillage. Which leads me to think the longevity is going to be poor also. I'll write a follow up on that after a bit......

Update: I'm really liking this perfume. I think it is one of Victoria's Secret's best. I'm not a fan of all of their perfumes, but I do like several. This is really different to me than the rest of them. It projects and lasts a little better than most of their fragrances. I get about 4-5 hours out of several sprays. All in all, I'm glad I got it.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I received a sample of this and decided to wear it for a few days. There’s a beautiful citrus opening from the bergamot, pineapple, and orange with a nice dose of plum and black currant. The citrus fades after minutes, and the fragrance smells darker and deeper than most Victoria Secret fragrances I have smelled.

Florals start to appear after a half hour and make the black currant smell a little powdery. “Dark orchid” is a perfect name because the orchid is easily detectable and smells warm from the amber and woods. Although I like the plum in the opening and the orchid throughout, it smells too musky and mature for my taste, and I don’t see myself ever wearing this. My sister really likes this though and is considering buying a full bottle. I think this would be best for wearing on a night out; my sister wore this in the daytime on a warmer day and it smelled too heavy. If you like warm scents with musk and orchid, give this a try. 3/5

karenrobert
karenrobert

smells really sweet on tester paper. I really tried to like this perfume but it simply doesn't work. I tried it 3 times and they turn into an explosive headache strong enough to churn my stomach. The fragrant itself isn't even strong. It only projects about 4-6 inches off my skin. Lasting power is around 6 hours just like all the other VS perfumes. It's just something in the ingredient that cause the content in my stomach to regurgitate. If you are migraine prone this might not be the best choice. I was hoping it might grow on me or maybe somewhere deep down that dark bottle something is worth waiting an hour or two for. 6 Hours past, still nothing. Just have to wait for VS to come out with something better next time

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

I tried this solely because a sales associate in Victoria's Secret insisted I would like it if I liked strong scents for night. She told me that this was her go-to, and even though she couldn't stand it at first, it grew on her and became her favorite perfume.

I don't know if I can say the same thing. This is the second orchid fragrance to come across as dry and lifeless on me, the first being Tom Ford's Black Orchid. I am starting to think that no matter how much I love the actual orchid flower, orchid notes in perfumery do not love me back :P

At first it was very bitter on me. Struck me as kind of green. Then it did get a little sweeter, but not nearly as sweet as I like. The bitterness persisted until the scent faded from my hands altogether (I tried the lotion rather than the mist or edt).

Looking at the actual notes now that I'm home, I am flabbergasted. Plum, blackcurrant, lily of the valley... I LOVE those notes! Sadly, something in this scent just does not work for me, at least in lotion form.

bobcat10
bobcat10

I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Victoria Secret Seduction Dark Orchid is a deep woody-plum scent with a sexy-sweet undertone. The deep sensual smell of red ginger orchid with a touch of pineapple, sweet plum, and warm oud wood mixed with amber crystals. A perfect evening fragrance that isn’t over powering!

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

This smells nothing like Euphoria by Calvin Klein, or any of it's flankers... and why should it? Euphoria is a Violete and musk perfume ? VERY different!! This to me smelled flat and a bit sour. I have a few oud perfumes, one being midnight oud from juliette has a gun and it is fabulous, smooth rich wonderful, I cant even smell the supposid ''oud'' in this! I also normally love plum in perfume, but here? not even close, a big pass. And although I prefer more complex perfumes over light girly fruity perfumes, I'll take an angel or very sexy something, over this any day

annettepe
annettepe

out of all the victoria's secret perfumes i find this one the best. its very unexpected, not the usual simple sweet and fruity fragrances they come out with.

this one is definitely a lot deeper and a lot sexier. mature compared to the others and a lot more complex. its a mysterious and dark scent like the name suggests. its still very sweet. i would say its a sweet, fruity and floral scent. i can definitely smell the orchid, the plums as well as soft musk throughout. i can also detect the woody notes that gives it more depth. still feminine but with an edge.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

Like other reviewers said, this definitely screams VS, due to the bombshell undertones. The initial spray does remind me of something deep, woody and mysterious that i really like. However it disappears, after several minutes and you get the grapefruit flower tones very similar to bombshell and that is what stays in the drydown with some plum or berries. I wish there would be remnants of the top notes that would have made this very special. I am still happy with my purchase as I have swapped my bombshell.
Silage is really light very close to skin to about 3in projection and i even layered it with matching lotion.
will update on longevity later- ok i remembered it stayed on my clothes after an 8 hr work, but it was very faint already and had to respray before going to bed.

bailarina
bailarina

Somebody was asking: "Who erased my review?" I read here in Frangrantica that If your review is not popular (people gave it a thumbs down) then it automatically gets erased from the website, sorry.
Anyways, I smelled this the other day at VS and I agree with the other reviewers, it smells a little like Forbidden Euphoria, which I like, but this is less expensive.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

The beginning of this fragrance is succulent. Very ripe and plummy and I get the orchid and the berries with a tidbit of wood. The image of dark kiss from bath and body floods through my mind. But instead of a spicy undertow it's kinda like a bit of the bombshell base. But it isn't a bright bombshell base it's just a Victoria's Secret fresh "veneer' scent but you still get a juicy dark fruit. The scillage isn't killer or too strong. To be honest i wanted a strong dark fruit sexy scent to cut through the winter nights. This is one that didn't offend anyone. Usually I get a groan or two from my family about wearing a strong perfume cuz i usually walk around my house testing several scents sometimes. This one got no complaints. Someone standing a foot away from me could barely smell thus at all. So, I like this but I might take this back due to the scillage problem. I like people to smell something on me if I'm going to spend the cash. This is a combo of euphoria and forbidden euphoria, Victoria's Secret bombshell and dark kiss. It doesn't smell bad. In fact, it's one of those that men might really find very sexy. I actually adore vs scents because they are very attractive and sensuous. Sometimes their dry downs leave much to be desired. As in I love bombshell but the Drydown isn't great on me. This Drydown was a lot better. I could get the plums and berries. I'm going to give this one another try. It wasn't terrible or amazing. But it was good.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

Simply gorgeous! Dark, sweet and juicy, fresh at the same time, but in no way offensive. Can wear both day and night if you feel like it. I personally like to wear it to work at the office, and also sometimes on a night out, or to bed. Longevity is not bad, lasts 3-4 hours on my skin but I don't mind reapplying. My hubby goes crazy over it. Actually, it was a gift from him on my B-Day this year and I must say he has a very good taste :)

lara.vuckovich
lara.vuckovich

I love love love this one, I bought it the minute it came out at the VS store I work at. I feel that is sophisticated because of the woody notes and to me it's kind of spicy, but I am mostly a wearer of fruity florals so the dark orchid and plum deinitely fill that note. It's a great combination of sweet and sexy.

I would definitely say that it is an evening fragrance, but I think because of the fruity notes that it can be worn at night during any season.

A sweet dark fruity oriental. The plum is very dominant, and I also detect the musk, orchid berries, and amber. This reminds me a lot of Forbidden Euphoria.

RoxanaM4491
RoxanaM4491

Starts off extremely ripe and juicy, a kind of scent that just excites you. Then it settles into an extremely seductive yet shyer-than-the-top-notes body of vanilla/amber with a hint of citrus.

My favorite perfume from Victoria's Secret.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This is similar to Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey. Not similar in smell but similar as in you've just taken a bite out of a nice, ripe piece of fruit and now your taste buds have awakened. The fruit explodes and so do your senses.

Every single time I spray this my senses awaken. I'm hit with some type of fruit I've just bitten into and I'm shaken and stunned at the same time. This is a juicy, watery, fruity fragrance. Good job, Vic Secrets! This is, in my opinion, one of their best fragrances

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

It's a nice scent but there's nothing mysterious about it. It is sweet, strong and agressively sexual. It reminds me of teenage girls' night out. I wouldn't call it classy.
At the beginning it reminds me of Black XS for her by Paco Rabanne but the latter becomes softer and much sensual with time. Black XS is not my kind of scent but I got it as a gift and I wear it sometimes when I'm feeling "brave" and don't mind wearing a loud scent. However, Dark Orchid is just too much for me.

Museumgal
Museumgal

I think the fruit makes this closer to Forbidden Euphoria than Euphoria. A lot of sweet fruit in the top notes.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I guess I was expecting something more "deep". I get clean musky floral with some deeper berry tones on the top. As another reviewer said it has "Bombshell" base-I totally agree with this. It does smell like they took Bombshell(bright clean floral) then added some "deeper" fruit notes. I don't know where is oud and tonka bean because they are totally MIA. I LOVE the packaging, its absolutely gorgeous but this is very light unoffensive scent that doesn't smell at all like what advertising campaigh would lead you to believe.

Tovah
Tovah

I tried this a couple of times hoping it would be what I wanted it to be...sweet, warm, and sensual. "Dark Orchid", to me, sounds like it would be a deep vanilla fragrance, along the lines of VS Noir Tease, or even Secret Craving. Based on the reviews, it can be this type of scent on some people. Unfortunately, on test strips, and on my skin, I can't perceive this as smelling like anything but a bright, clean floral with slight hints of fruit. My idea of a sexy fragrance is Noir Tease, and, compared to that, Dark Orchid has the power of shampoo. It smells like the kind of daytime fragrance I would wear for the office if my desk was located near one of those "I'm allergic to everything but b.o." people. I'm disappointed, but I'll try it again. When I'm in Victoria's Secret my nose tends to get overwhelmed by the Very Sexy testers, so I still have hopes for Seduction Dark Orchid. I love Bombshell, and after reading these reviews, I'm going to approach Dark Orchid as a "darker Bombshell" so I'm sure I won't be able to resist it.

pink11
pink11

I like how this perfume smells about 30 minutes after it dries down, it kind of reminds me of Bombshell. It's sexy and mysterious. Different from the usual scents.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

It's a sexy scent.

Definitely for night time.

It's dark, intoxicating, mysterious, and of course....seductive.

For me, I spray it over my necklace that is a oversized gem. When I combine the necklace with this fragance, I come alive...I feel like I am spritzing on magic, and suddenly I gain powers of seduction ; )

Fragrance is all about how it makes you feel, and this one makes me feel sexy and sweet, "innocent" yet dangerous, provocative but still classy.

The bottle is stunning too. I love the design of the cut jewel and the color of the bottle is beautiful.

lizlady68
lizlady68

Reminds me of Beyonce Heat Elixir... very similar but lasts longer and a bit deeper in fragrance.

Its one of the better ones VS has come out with of late.

rosesarered224
rosesarered224

I've never bought an EDT from vs before but I wanted an orchid scent and it's pretty cheap. I tried it last time I went to the mall and it smells amazing. Definitely seductive!

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

it reminds me forbidden Ck's euphoria.. and i dont really decide but i think im gonna like it..

jonr951
jonr951

This one smelled liked Beyonce's Midnight Heat to me! I'm probably crazy and incorrect. Haha! : )

Whit
Whit

This one is a nice change from their usual scents because it is a little darker and warmer than what VS normally puts out. I do like it, but it does have the Bombshell undertone in it, which isn't bad, but it keeps it from being very dark, if that makes sense. I wanted Dark Orchid to be very dark and seductive, but that little bit of fresh undertone keeps it from being so. Right now, it's a no-go for me, but I might change my mind later on. :)

almarie
almarie

Someone keeps erasing my reviews for some reason. I had previously posted that I tried this and I do not like it. It is way too strong and heavy. I think VS could have done better.

Nurel4
Nurel4

One thing is for sure, I feel sexy when I wear this perfume. It reminds me of a milder 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

this is a musky copy of euphoria..forbidden or original....i did not like this musky scent or is it special...this is a warm scent...but fruity on top and falls musky dirty flat generic scent.

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

It's got all the right notes. And I liked it very much. I just thought it could have been more "woody". All in all, very nice, and very similar to what you can get out there on the market in the Fruity/Oriental floral categories. That being said, the price point is just right. Plummy, berry like, rich, sultry. Again, for ME, I was hoping for more musk and more oud/cashmere wood type of dry down. Also, there was no fragrance mist at the store when I went. Clerk told me that she was told "in the class" they had on the new fragrance that "oud molecules are too large for a fine fragrance mist." I tried to tell her that the website is selling the body mist, but she continued to nicely tell me I was wrong. I was in too much of a hurry to whip out my smart phone and show her. Whatever. Currently, in my area, can't get the body mist.

Edit: My Dark Orchid Fragrance Mist came in the mail today. YOU know, the stuff that wasn't made cuz the "oud molecules are so large"? (obviously she was home-skeweled)...This makes a perfect layering scent. It is mostly the black currant and not much else. I do detect a bit of the blood orange, which I am happy about since VS stupidly took Very Sexy DARE off the shelves. Now THAT was a great fragrance, and alas, what I was hoping this would be. This is a musky, dark fruit. Seriously Victoria's Secret: if you are going to get all hot and panting over the fact that there is oud in here, please amp it up so we can detect it. The fruit aspect is way overpowering. I won't buy another bottle, but I will enjoy this as an underlayment to some more masculine fragrances that I own. OH, and I'm going to take this bottle of fragrance mist and go to my local VS and find that dumb clerk and ask her WHAT it is I have in my hands.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I love this one, and I can really smell the plums in it. It's dark fruit/plum, and musky. I can catch both sweet and floral notes. Different from their usual scents, and I will be purchasing a bottle. It kind of reminds me of a darker version of Kat Von D Saint.

Edit- People are saying it smells like Bombshell. I haven't smelled that one, so I can't really compare.

Seduction Dark Orchid by Victoria`s Secret 4.11 out of 5 based on 207 ratings and 59 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Seduction Dark Orchid fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Seduction Dark Orchid, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Seduction Dark Orchid by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Seduction Dark Orchid by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.