Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

So In Love Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

ozonic
So In Love Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

So In Love by Victoria`s Secret is a Floral fragrance for women. So In Love was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Annie Buzantian. The fragrance features honey, carnation, cognac, jasmine, violet leaf, ylang-ylang and moroccan rose. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Fragrance Of The Year Women`s Private Label/Direct Sell 2006.

Honey Carnation Cognac Jasmine Violet Leaf Ylang-Ylang Moroccan Rose

Paris Pont des Amours
Agent Provocateur
Pur Blanca

So In Love Fragrance Reviews

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I just picked up the mist, lotion, and perfume at the VS Semi Annual Sale. There was not too many of them in a bin, and I have never heard of it before so it sparked my interest. I spritzed a tiny bit on my hand and continued shopping. I really went there for Heavenly Kiss only to find it was only 50% off, and I applied that to other hand and the scent disappeared in less then 5 minutes! But the So In Love kept going strong! I finally picked this one, because I like "different" scents, and don't like to pick the popular ones like Heavenly. When I got home I showered and applied everything, so far so good! To me it smells like soft rose/powdery/clean scent. I'm usually not one for florals, but this one is nice. I will update if anything changes.

UPDATE: It's been about 4 - 5 hours since I put this on, and it's still going! I has dried down to this really pretty scent, the best way I can describe it is very clean/soft rose scent. Just beautiful, not to floral at all! So glad I picked this one up today at the sale!

Another update: It's now been almost 9 hours and I can still smell this one on me! It's not as strong of course when I first applied but I still detect the scent when I move my arms etc, I get whiffs of it. Guess this one was a good buy and a keeper!

taylorcake1
taylorcake1

Got this along with DA forever during a semi annual. I wore it a lot for a while then grew a little tired of it. Beautiful rosy smell, I always get a compliment or two when I wear it. It's not my go-to all the time but I do love it and I'm happy I bought it. The bottle is also really bad ass and fits in my hand so nicely. I feel feminine, graceful, and womanly when I wear this. My man said I smell like really nice soap. I don't know if I like that review from him but I love this scent :)

Soie
Soie

To my nose, this is not so much a rose fragrance as it is mostly one of spicy carnation, honey, and an intense gourmand note of cognac, though its other floral notes, including ylang-ylang & jasmine, are discernible as well.

The spiciness of the carnation lasts a long while and is only subdued a bit, after 1/2 hour or so on my skin, as the note of violet leaf comes into play and the fragrance becomes breezy, ozonic and a bit grassy in scent. The rose also becomes more noticeable at this stage as well, and takes on a scent similar to YSL Paris.

ETA (3/27/2014): one of my absolute favorites. I find myself reaching for it often.

Eirlys
Eirlys

This is one of the most long lasting fragrances I have ever tried. I got a 100ml bottle for $15 in one of the VS annual sale, and it was worth every penny. It's very floral, although the first 5 minutes could be a bit overwhelming with all the floral notes, but after that it becomes a very fresh and rosy perfume.

The scent lasts two weeks on my blanket, a surprisingly long time. Although after a while the perfume becomes a bit less interesting for me, I still loved the scent, and I when I gave it to my cousin, she loves it, probably a lot more than I do.

VS makes surprisingly long lasting fragrances, and although I gave this one away, it still had a very pleasant floral scent.

stargazer423
stargazer423

I don't usually like floral perfumes but I absolutely LOVED this one. I used two full bottles which for me is super rare because I always use multiple perfumes at once and get sick of them quickly. Only thing that caused me to stop using this was it being discontinued. I then switched to Oo La La which was also good :)

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Well, Im not really a fan of florals, and certainly not keen on rose scented perfume, but this one did grow on me. My mom knows I'm a perfume lover, so she always buys me perfumes for holidays, etc. but she always picks the most floral fragrances, not realizing I don't ever wear florals lol. But she tries, and I've actually aquired a nice selection of florals in my collection(some I do give away ill admit,) but this one has stuck on me the most. I was actually repulsed by it at first, but I was determined to get some use out of my mother's gift! Of course, she loves So In Love-and all florals.

As others say, this Is a fresh, dusty, natural ROSE. Not the synthetic Rose you find in most fragrances. The perfumer captured the true sweet essence of freshly picked roses from a garden. It's herbal and very boozy. It's powdery and feminine, the way a perfume is supposed to smell. I do detect the carnation, jasmine, and other listed notes. It's very unique; a floral done right. I quite like it, though it can be cloying in hot weather. And my boyfriend/boys never complimented it like they do with other frags.

I only ever owned the body spray, and for a v.secret frag, this is strong! You don't need to reapply several times a day with this one. I eventually traded this one for my friend's Heavenly, but only cause Heavenly is my fave(second to Supermodel)and she offered. I do find myself missing this at times, wishing I hadn't given it away. I haven't seen this in stores lately though for some reason. I'm sure ill buy the edp once I do though lol. So my point is even if you don't like rosé or florals, this ones still worth a shot. It's versatile and pretty much a like for everyobe(unless you're very picky) :)

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

So in Love is a surprising treat to my nose. I did not know Victoria's Secret was capable of making such a beautiful powdery rose fragrance. Its simple but quite lovely it opens up with a blast of roses and slowly the carnation kicks in and adds a little spice to it. The scent keeps changing and it then becomes a gorgeous rich blend of rose and violet leaf, which makes it quite powdery but settles down into a a calmer scent of rose with a little drop of honey.

It does have a I guess a slightly vintage rose vibe, but I love roses so I really enjoy it. Though I can honestly see why a lot of people might not like it, especially if they were not expecting a rose fragrance. Haha it is honestly not what I expected to come across shopping at this store. So in Love is beautiful and the name suits it I'm in love with it! Also it smells quite romantic. It is not the usually fruity floral scent VS is known for launching these days....

I'm super happy with myself for not hesitating and grabbing the last bottle of this at my local store. They brought it back for the Semi Annual Sale. The bottle it also beautiful and made of a heavy glass it would look great displayed on anyone's vanity or dresser.

This was definitely a hidden gem within all the chaos I found at the store. <3

Love this!! One of the best scents VS put out along with Heavenly. I personally don't like their scents but these two I will repurchase again and again. SIL is great for date night, girls night, almost like this scent begins to radiate off me as my body heats up, pretty awesome:). The rose isn't that cheapy rose scent,it's very mature, inviting,intoxicating and definitely draws attention.

phia143
phia143

I bought this at the semi annual sale this year and I guess someone had sprayed some because each time I walked by the display I would smell a heavenly scent but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon it because Ive been looking for a good rose perfume for a long time.

This perfume has a crisp clean sweet scent of watermelon at first spritz . I knw watermelon is not in the notes but I think it comes from a mixture of the honey and carnation. Then the rose flares up and hits my face and i just can't get enough! There is a little bit of musky mixed in. I don't know what violet leaf smells like so I'm assuming the musky scent is coming from the violet leaf.

The body splash is just as scented and long lasting as the perfume minus the musky scent. So if you knw that you don't like perfume w/musk in them then the body splash would be a safer buy. As for me I must have the whole collection so I'm stuck w/the musky perfume. But I don't mind.

This perfume is a little on the powdery side. It last a long time. I only layered the lotion and the body splash on after I got out of the shower. Then I put on my robe till I could find something to wear. Well the next day I put the same robe on and it smelled like a bouquet of roses!!! I love this scent!!!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

On of the most truest ROSE scents I have ever come across. Upon first spray it was very herbal and green. But then it morphed into an a beautiful garden full of blooming roses in every color you could imagine.There is also spicy freshness about it, perhaps the violet leaf?

It's feminine, clean, and lush at the same time. I'm not generally a 'floral' kind of girl, but this I can see satisfying a niche in my perfume wardrobe because it's unique enough to catch my attention, even if it's not in my usual comfort zone.

Update: Woke up this morning and So In Love is still detectable. At this stage in it's drydown, it's a very dry rose. Still very, very lovely. Lasting power is excellent.

lettyb76
lettyb76

I smelled this on my co-worker today as she walked by me. I had to follow her and ask her what perfume she was wearing. When she told me that it was from Victoria's Secret I was very surprised because I don't normally like their perfumes. I recognized the rose smell right away. There was a slightly deeper note that I couldn't recognize; perhaps it was cognac. I do agree with katherine.feng that this perfume is a bit linear, but that's one of the things I like about this. I LOVE the smell of roses! It has the perfect name - So In Love.

Sunny
Sunny

Melbritt24, how funny the difference in perception is! I can feel neither jasmine nor violet leaf here though they are listed. For me it's only sweet honeyed rose with cognak. And that's what I love about this scent - it's intoxicating in the good meaning of the word. I agree that this is adorable lady-like fragrance. It's one of my favourites.

melbritt24
melbritt24

So in love is the perfect name for this soft and lady-like scent!

Slightly powdery/dusty rose and jasmine with a veil of prominent fresh green violet leaf. I suppose the cognac lends to the "dusty" note. I smell more jasmine than rose. Wish I could smell the honey note.

Great addition to my wardrobe for spring!

Note: spray lightly, a little goes far.

Rating: 3.5/5 STARS

Update: i believe this is a dupe for Lancome Tresor In Love...including the bottle & cap design!

Morgane08
Morgane08

To me this the most mature and classy fragrance VS has to offer.

Lovely rose scent that lasts very long, especially considering that I only own the spray.

alana.volskaya
alana.volskaya

in my personal opinion, the best rose fragrance on the market. yes, chloe is nice, but its so ...plain, powdery, and quite a bit sour. if you want to smell like an actual ROSE, try this out. haven't gotten the spray yet, but planning to give it a try, as i feel like a lighter version would be just perfect.

katherine.feng
katherine.feng

My boyfriend gave this to me for my birthday. He went to Victoria's Secret and smelled all the perfumes and picked this one as his favorite.

I love the sweet and fresh smell of this perfume. If you like floral scents, you'll like this perfume. However it is a bit linear and it doesn't seem to last very long. But that could just be because my nose is unable to notice the smell on me after a while.

ericae772
ericae772

I had this and gave it away. It smells very mature, nothing unique.

hannie5
hannie5

I was looking forward to trying out this one but sadly it doesn't mix with my chemistry. It smells like a strong rose scented bath soap. I love roses but this one on me, at least, smells too harsh and artificial.

wingz85
wingz85

Got this perfume from my aunt who thought I might appreciate it. I never really tried it until today and I think I sprayed too much of it and I got an instant headache. Its only after I tried to wash my wrist a couple of time that I can tolerate it a bit. I think this is definitely a perfume for older women. I'm saying around 50-60? I can picture my mom wearing it although I prefer her own diorissimo :)

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

wow...so many not so good reviews on this...i love this...i have it in the mist spray and its lighter and fresher than the perfume...i think and the fresh notes stay femme fresh with the mist.this is very very nice if worn in cold weather...yes, in the summer it can be too much....i just mist this through my hair and neck and its so airy fresh and pretty!! give it a chance! :)

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Smells like a pure soap that has no perfume in it and a bit of potpurri or something. Im not liking it, anyone that is interesting in it please write to me. It is 30ml.

lovable
lovable

I agree with mandi, this is powdery and floral. Its a pretty classic. It's not modern but it's also not too old. Maybe hippyish?

guest_LK
guest_LK

At first spray it smells really good, then sudenly drowns you in artificial florals. Smells very Eightys. The bottle is pretty, but BEWARE!!! The headache from hell lives within.

guest_monika
guest_monika

the first time i bought the perfume i fell in love and never change the perfume again..

vioversilver
vioversilver

This is a very unique smelling scent in my opinion, I'm loving the honeyed booziness with the violets and rose combined with a definite freshness.

So different. I'm thinking the name of this throws people off a bit , it sounds like it would be a very delicate kind of fragrance , but its not, its quite heady, strong ( in a good way, just don't over do it) and very long lasting. This could of used a more racy or provocative name, but it's Victorias Secret after all. Love this!

guest_truong
guest_truong

best

mandi
mandi

this is a powdery floral. it's abit intense on first application but mellows out quite nicely.

i liked this perfume and other women complimented me on it all the time. but men didn't seem to notice it and my BF was completely indifferent to it.

but more importantly i noticed that i had an allergic reaction to this fragrance and this was the first time i noticed an allergic reaction to any fragrance.

guest_Preety
guest_Preety

I love this perfume! Cannot believe they stopped making it. People in stores and otherwise tell me I smell nice when I am wearing this perfume!

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

I love this scent. Its so romantic & comforting. A little
goes A LONG way!!!
If you spray alot it does get "stuffy"

meli26
meli26

my cousin gave this perfume and I didn't like one bit. It came in a purse so I kept the purse and gave the perfume to someone, hehe.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This is not my cup of tea. I ended up giving it away. I also found it to be sickening. I usually like rose scents, but this one smells artificial and overbearing to me. I also found it to be a bit "stuffy."

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I did not like this one either.. a sickly floral that makes me sick when I smell it.

So In Love by Victoria`s Secret 3.91 out of 5 based on 110 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret So In Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret So In Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify So In Love by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of So In Love by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.