Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Very Sexy Dare Victoria`s Secret for women

Very Sexy Dare Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

Very Sexy Dare Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures Very Sexy Dare Victoria`s Secret for women Pictures

Very Sexy Dare by Victoria`s Secret is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women. Very Sexy Dare was launched in 2008. Top notes are blood orange, bergamot and pineapple; middle notes are jasmine, lily, nutmeg and peony; base notes are sandalwood, musk and tonka bean.

Blood Orange Bergamot Pineapple

Jasmine Lily Nutmeg Peony

Sandalwood Musk Tonka Bean

Very Sexy Dare Fragrance Reviews

ChocolateandBurberry
ChocolateandBurberry

I collect discontinued VS fragrances and was excited once I found this on Ebay for a decent price. I ordered it and was excited when my package came in the mail. Once I opened the box and saw the pretty purple and black bottle, I couldn't wait to spray it but...when I did I was very disappointed. It smells too musky for me. I read that it had a "woodsy" smell..but to me, it doesn't. I smell no blood orange or anything either. Just an over powering musk. Unfortunately, It reminds me of a grandma's perfume. I can see why it was discontinued. I REALLY wanted to like this scent. I am glad I have added another "Very Sexy now" to my collection but I will not be wearing this. Just keeping it next to my other's because it's pretty to look at. Maybe I will like it once cold weather is back but as of now, it's a no go for me.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

This fragrance is a gem. It has a very different smell. The first time I ever tried it I did not like it. A year or so later I went to VS and retried it and I thought "what was I thinking. This is a masterpiece?". The smell is deep and almost strange but very pleasent. I have never smell a perfume like this one. I honestly think if purple had a scent this would be it. Very seductive.

amazingness
amazingness

I usually don't like citrusy fragrances, but I absolutely love this one! As soon as I spray I get a blast of orange and it's good, delicious, juicy orange. In the dry down I get a little musk scent which is so lovely. I think I like this so much because I would never expect to have citrus and musk in the same product and the combination is delightful. I prefer to wear this in the evening or at night although it would still wear nicely during the day. Yes, I would recommend to a friend and yes I would totally buy again.

maianh83
maianh83

I just bought it today and used it along with Supermodel ( not layer, but spray 2 of them next to each other ) and it makes a very womanly, nice scent which is a bit glamorous, a bit classy, a bit elegant yet young. I really love this combination.

lovece7
lovece7

This scent is VERY similar to Thierry Mugler Innocent. I have Very Sexy Dare on one wrist and Innocent on the other, you can hardly tell the difference. Thing is, when I sprayed VS Dare I knew that it smelled familiar, like something I had before and so I kept thinking until it hit me. If you love Innocent, VS Dare is a great inexpensive alternative. Plus it's usually at the SAS for more than half the original price.

That being said, I LOVE this scent! It smells expensive, sensual, dark yet innocent at the same time. So nice!

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

well well well, could it be? a v.s. perfume that I actually like and would wear?

What stands out the most me is that it's slightly masqueline and I smell amber/Tonka bergamont... icant really pick out the pineapple or blood orange.... or any specific flowers for that matter. ..

it's very nice a slightly ambery tonk'ish bergamonty powdery slightly masqueline scent....that I'm veure fond of. Not sure how I missed this one for solong. perect for a casual summer day

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I have a small bottle of Very Sexy Dare I got back when it was first released. Every once in a while I pull it out again to try it because I SO want to like it. I read these reviews and think, "Maybe this time this fragrance will agree with me."

Here's the thing - on other people, even on a tester strip, this fragrance is heavenly. It is so unique, fresh with a bit of spicy masculine edge, and a depth that many recent/current VS offerings lack. (And I am not hating on VS - they produce some of my favorite scents :))Unfortunately, when applied to my skin I smell pine. String me with lights and I could serve as a very nice, fragrant Christmas decoration. I don't know why, and it bothers me because I want to be able to wear it and love it. I have found that if sprayed on clothing before I put them on the pine scent is greatly diminished, but it is still there. It may just be me, but Sensuous Noir and Very Sexy Dare give off a very similar vibe for me. They do not smell the same, but to my nose they are related. Sensuous Noir actually has a pine note in it, though, where VSD does not.

It has been a while since I have tried VSD, and I know my curiosity will compel me to give the fragrance another shot in the near future - that is the reason I still have it. I just can't seem to let go of the hope that it will, one day, make friends with my skin. If you can wear it, enjoy it!

This smells cool spicy, woody, and mildly floral. I'm not getting much citrus at all, and I'm a bit surprised to find the blood orange measuring so strongly in the pyramid. I love this scent. Its got a gentleness and a depth to it, and I don't find it masculine at all. This reminds me of a fresh clean breeze coming through a woody meadow.

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

It is masculine, musky, lavender and sandalwood, soft and masculine at the same time !

Beautiful for who want to something like fresh, masculine but absolutely girl scent..

naughty_j3oy
naughty_j3oy

is this one discontinued?

chelle2513
chelle2513

I have this and while i think it smells good, it seems fairly masculine to me. That is not to say I don't like it, I just don't like it on me. I have a full bottle, if anyone is interested in it, let me know, I would let it go for a steal

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Where in the heck did all those notes come from?? The box says blood orange, freesia, and grapefruit wood...and that is exactly what I smell. It's not a scent that will 'wow' you. It is soft and simple. The opening is the blood orange, the drydown is the freesia and grapefruit wood. I always use my husband as a guinea pig for my scents. He noticed it immediately and said I smelled like a real woman....it couldn't be too bad of a scent.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

A fan of the Very Sexy Line, I am saddened that I missed out on this one when it first came out. A recent discovery for me, I absolutely love Very Sexy Dare. A fan of orange and anything with wood notes, Very Sexy Dare was perfection for me. From the moment I sprayed it I knew I was hooked. For some reason, woody earthy notes blend well with my skin and I find it hard to get that note in summer scents. Luckily, when I discovered Very Sexy Dare my search was over. Finally, a citrusy yummy summery scent that had hints of wood in it!!!! I love this!! On me it's orange with hints of musk and sandalwood and a nice lingering scent of wood chips. Sounds weird but it works. And it last a very long time. On me it lasted about 6 hours but even after that I could still faintly smell it here and there. Just delightful and fun.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Ehh this scent isn't my favorite and honestly I'm not a fan of the Very Sexy line of perfumes in general. They are all too musky or just weird smelling. This one will be a pass for me.

Aspendina
Aspendina

hmmm at first i hated it as at first spray it made me nauseous it almost smelled like vomit covered up with a woodsy very nature like perfume but it dried down smelling kinda sweet, fruity and almost fizzy like a soda pop so now i am torn, hmmmmm

I tend to like Very Sexy Dare a little more than its predecessor, Very Sexy. It settles much smoother on my skin, with a delicious nutmeg, sandalwood and blood orange blend.

It reminds me a little bit of Hugo Boss Deep Red. I draw this comparison from the dominant accord of blood orange, which both these fragrances share. I agree with a majority of reviewers that have pointed out its somewhat masculine approach. It's not ultra-feminine, but I'm yet to suggest it to men.

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Very Sexy Dare is quite unique. While the opening is fresh and fruity, the nutmeg suggests early on that this fragrance may not be what you expect. Once settled, Very Sexy Dare is a soft and powdery woods blend, with aromatic nutmeg and vanillary tonka bean.

I don't find the scent particularly sexy nor daring. But I do consider it luxurious, sensual and soothing. Although perhaps not easy to love, I am personally very impressed by Very Sexy Dare.

You could wear this fragrance almost anywhere. If applied sparingly, Very Sexy Dare is very inoffensive and soft. It could even make an excellent office-appropriate perfume.

While the sillage is weak, the lasting strength is not. From what I've managed to test so far from the Victoria's Secret range, their fragrances are very lasting on the skin. I recommend.

Josefyn
Josefyn

I love this perfume, but is very masculine ... However, each time I use it I keep getting compliments on the perfume. Too bad it will leave the market.

ATSTransmissions
ATSTransmissions

I looooove this fragrance. I am sad that they discontinued it. I bought all they had left in the store when I found out..... This is one of my all time favorites scents..

sydpop10
sydpop10

it smells DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!! it smells like a mens colonge mixed with pencil shavings and plastic!!! u would find me dead wearing this fragrance

rubyscribe
rubyscribe

I got this as a gift. I didnt like it when I smelled the bottle, but then I sprayed some on myself and wow! its a fragrance with character. Woody and spicy its a great perfume, so different from the many florals or fruity florals out there and I am syaing that when I love Clinique Happy, Lancome Miracle, Brilliant White Diamonds, Eternity Moment and Gucci Flora. This one differes from all of them and just smells awesome.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this is by far the most unique out of VS fragrances which are mostly nice but generic. I got a bottle when it was on sale due to being discontinued.
I don't know about floral notes but they don't come through a whole lot for me-its all about blood orange, bergamot, saldalwood and musk.
Hmm, on my skin it pretty much smells like ripe juicy orange, after a while it mellows out into woodsy musk with still, lot of citrus. Very interesting and unique scent. I like to wear it layered with Orange Sapphire from BBW(also discontinued)as it compliments it perfectly. I can't say its my favorite scent but its very unique and i will give VS props for it. I could see it not selling well because of that since its bound not to appeal to most women

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

This is very similar to Armani Code for Women. Code is less musky/woody than this.

I love VSD body mist. I have found that I can mix this up w/ fruity/berry lotions, or woodsy perfumes, or vanilla shampoos and conditioners... I like to also spray gardenia on top of it. Makes for a tropical jungle sorta thing!

This is a versatile body mist. I have even layered it with BBW Forever Sunshine which has a sort of tobacco leaf scent to it. In fact this is my "go to" when I'm in a hurry on my way to work, or if I have to run to the store in the morning for coffee beans and milk (pre-shower). I didn't even know this was discontinued until I read these reviews!

Victoria's Secret is making a mistake if you ask me. This seemed like such a more complex and "grown up" scent than their other ones which I found to be too flowery, or boring and headache inducing. Really, I rolled my eyes at everything in that store until I finally found this little gem.

If you want to know what the deal is with this one, its ALL about the BLOOD ORANGE baby! That is what I smell and that is what brings me back day after day. I am a spicy/woodsy/earthy/oriental scent type of person (Kalimantan and 02 L'air du Desert Marocain are my newest loves), and this one really jumped out and bit me. I am also a foodie, so for me, this was just spot on (though not heavy or dark like my normal orientals) light, fun, easy, pleasing, and makes me smile. It has TONKA BEAN and JASMINE too?! Heaven for sure!

Needless to say, I just ordered 6 of the 8.2 oz body mists off of ebay, and may buy 6 more. I can NOT be without this. BOO & HISS to Victoria's Secret for discontinuing this.

Layered with Armani Code, you get a really nice, long lasting, creamy scent that is delicious and so summery!

cinsot
cinsot

More-ish blood orange spiced with nutmeg makes for an attractive opening. Bergamot zest facilitates the reluctant emergence of a sparse bouquet, stems soaking in unsweetened pineapple juice.

Very Sexy Dare is a delightful treat for my nose and a beautiful fragrance to wear.

Base notes of sandal/tonka and musk nudge VSD out of semi-masculine aromatic territory into untamed sultry seductress terrain.

The whole thing just thickens up and goes from WHOA to WOW!

I think I'll be giving VS Dare a decent workout this Spring.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Tried this one recently, reminds of Angel innocent body lotion!

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is quite an unusual scent for Victoria's Secret...one of the few that doesn't fall into the standard fruity-floral formula characteristic of most of their scents. There is plenty of juicy citrus, combined with warm nutmeg and woods. I don't really get any floral notes from this.

It does have quite a pungent smell from the spiced citrus, and I would also say it has that aftershave-type quality. I don't find myself wearing it much, so I don't know if I will bother keeping it.

zahra.sh
zahra.sh

I really like this perfume.it has a unique odor that I haven't find in any other perfume specially women's perfume.and I like that woody smell it makes the perfume smell kinda old and professonal!I don't know how to say it but I'm satisfied with it.I have the big bottle and I like it.and I think that smell which is like men's clone makes it sexy dare!

nerisha86
nerisha86

nice scent on me but it has a plastic like dry down.. ^_^

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

I bought the EDP because it was on sale at VS for 75% off. Now since it was so highly discounted, I knew it wasn't popular but I decided to buy it just because it was only $12.
Maybe I'm just not into aromatic woody scents but this smells like a man's cologne to me. There is nothing sweet, feminine or even "sexy" about this scent. I guess I just like my fruity florals too much. This is another one I will be giving to my mom.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

The scent would be a very interesting and even sexy scent for me if there was not so much PINEAPPLE! It's not the fresh kind of pineapple-more like pineapple juice with pineapple liqueur-cloying rather than sweet-not so refreshing, as I would expect an aromatic to be. I like the herbal note (bergamot and nutmeg combined smell), and I like the tonka bean-rich base, but stickiness in perfume=yuck...

I haven't tried any other Victoria's Secret fragrances in the last 2 years,
I'm not anti floral fruity by any means-
I would like to try more, but let me know which other VS fragrances are sticky, so I can try them last-or just bypass them altogether.

luxlover
luxlover

I like this one and its purple bottle. It's better than Very Sexy.

Victoria's Secret VERY SEXY DARE opens bright, with a burst of spicy citrus, and is so aromatic that it could be a unisex scent. The fragrance however then proceeds nearly immediately--within a couple of minutes--to develop into a rather woody scent. Not at all what one might expect from VS, and even less for something with the name VERY SEXY. Maybe the DARE is to wear aftershave?

No, it's not quite that aromatic, but it is pretty challenging to find florals amidst either the citrus in the opening or the woods in the drydown. The spiciness, from the nutmeg, is detectable from start to finish. The most interesting feature of VS DARE is that it opens cool but closes warm. But since the drydown comes so quickly, I would say that this is more woody than aromatic. Something like taking a quick, cold shower before running into a sauna.

rieuse
rieuse

It sounds like a fragrance blasphemy but I need to confess: I bought it unsniffed purely because it was on sale and I needed to add something to the order so I could use a VS coupon. I wasn't hoping for a great scent since some time ago I bought VS giftset with 12 little perfumes and they all seemed a bit generic and boring. Don't get me wrong, they were all quite bearable but I couldn't pick anything special from that giftset. I decided to go for Very Sexy Dare since I never tried it and I kinda liked the bottle. I was worrying this experiment would turn into another return... but boy, was I wrong. From the first spray Very Sexy Dare created a magnificent aura of blood orange and peony. One single spray lasted more than 8 hours and dried down to a beautiful musk. It started a bit masculine but sensuous at the same time. It took my heart and my nose away just like that, from the first spray. I feel slight resemblance between VSD and Crystal Noir by Versace though all the notes are different. Those fragrances are very delicate and so mysteriously intoxicating at the same time. I cannot believe they discontinue VSD! It doesn't smell like any of teen VS scents which makes it so unique. It's a fragrant crime to stop making this amazing magical perfume. I have a feeling Very Sexy Dare lovers will start stocking up gallons of this scent for years ahead. I would too.

mandashell
mandashell

Tested this a VS the other day and wore it for a few hours while running around the mall. WEll, the opening notes are so juicy, fresh and delicious. Absolutely adore those top notes. ;'D If only the scent could stay that way. As it dries down it starts to smell a little strange and I absolutely smell something herbal that reminds me of toothpaste! AHH! NO! CAn't deal with that. LOL! If it weren't for that I would have bought this in a heartbeat! ;')

Sharp, bright clear grapefruit (which isn't listed in the notes)with vanilla. Dries down in a well-blended way to develop more vanilla and less citrus, and strangely, minty notes, sort of like herbal toothpaste. Continues on past to end up as a pretty, very faint skin vanilla. It's really actually very pretty, definitely light and lacking that super sweet dreadful candy floss that most VS scents develop on my skin. I'd have to say this is the best one of theirs I have tried, but as it doesn't have the same musky/sugary notes the others do, I would agree with Perfumedsecret that it may end up being discontinued as it probably won't be as popular.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I wrote a similar review to the last one on another site as staciarose22. Only on 9/17/08... This is a VS perfume that has not caught on as well as I thought it would. It's unique for VS, and not a generic fruity floral like they always make. I think that's why it's not popular, it has a masculine edge. Something deep and sultry while still being fresh. I took back the mist because it was too sheer for my skin. I just ordered the 3.4 because I see VS as discontinuing it eventually. It's sexy woods with sultry florals and fresh citrus. Woody aromatic is a good genre for it. I have read the comparisons to Angel Innocent, and cannot say what I think because I've never smelled it. This is daring for VS, because they always play it safe. They want a mass market bestseller. This actually pleases my nose. I will have to see what the bf thinks about it, but I'm sure he'll love it.

Ladyjay
Ladyjay

This is not a normal fruity floral like they usually sell, so be aware. :)
Since we are moving into the cooler weather it's good to change it up a bit with a woodsy floral. I can say I love that they chose Marisa Miller as the new face for V.S. I bought the sheer sexy mist. It's mysterious and not a common scent, I love it in the mist form. The perfume can be strong at first, but the same great notes come out eventually.

violetteviridian
violetteviridian

I am confused as to why they would name this scent as Very Sexy Dare. To me it's far too sweet to be sexy or daring. It seems like Victoria's Secret is continually modeling their perfumes after high school and college aged somethings. I've yet to find one that i care for... INMO. They've not a single fragrance that is seductive or at all suited to most of the lingerie they carry.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

This is a cold weather fragrance to me as well... on me it smells more fruity floral than woody... the pineapple and the freesia dominate on me but it does have a slight sultry quality.

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

sensuous and sultry. definitely a cold weather scent from the warmth it gives. but there have been contrasting opinions on this one. in other words, it could be a miss or hit for different people. some people thinks it smells a lot like Angel Innocent. can't really make up my mind about it...but one thing i know is that i like the bottle more than the fragrance itself. the slim purple bottle is simply DIVINE!

Very Sexy Dare by Victoria`s Secret 3.65 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Very Sexy Dare fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Very Sexy Dare, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Sexy Dare by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Sexy Dare by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.