Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Flowerbomb Extreme Viktor&Rolf for women

Flowerbomb Extreme Viktor&Rolf for women
dislike

Flowerbomb Extreme Viktor&Rolf for women Pictures Flowerbomb Extreme Viktor&Rolf for women Pictures

The extreme version of the famous Flowerbomb from Viktor&Rolf was introduced in 2006 as a limited edition. It was designed by Olivier Polge, Carlos Benaim and Domitille Berthier. The composition greets you with sweet freshness of bergamot and clear jasmine. The heart is composed of osmanthus, white flowers and balms. The base consists of patchouli, amber, vanilla and benzoin. This edition is more sensual and oriental than the original Flowerbomb. The bottle carries the same form, wrapped up in golden gown, designed by Fabien Baron. It is available as 50 ml EDP. Flowerbomb Extreme was created by Olivier Polge, Carlos Benaim and Domitille Bertier.

Jasmine Bergamot

Pink Sugar Sparks

Flowerbomb Extreme Fragrance Reviews

Scentmad
Scentmad

Lovely but very much like Lolita lempicka on me. Not particularly special.

marcello19
marcello19

I have this. Much better than the original (I also have the original Flowerbomb). This one is more complex, it has more layers and edge, really like it. Sillage and longevity are also much much better comparing to the original. It is weird, 'cause on my skin it gets an interesting honey-ish smell, since I love the smell of honey, I don't mind it at all. Really good one.

z3irr
z3irr

love it

Eicher
Eicher

I tried Flowerbomb Extreme once it was on market in the Middle East (June 2013) and wrote at that time my review. Unfortunately, it simply disappeared before submitting it. Nevertheless, here I go again.

I read about Fowerbomb Extreme when released, that this perfume was specially meant for Middle East taste. I can only agree with this. It perfectly suits the region. The base note are typical of ME : amber, patchouli, vanilla.

Amber gives to the perfume warmness, while patchouli makes it strong and the vanilla sweet. The benzoin underlines the vanilla and makes its scent more powerful, perhaps even overwhelming. But in a pleasant way. These base note are Flowerbomb Extreme's main accord to me.

However, white flowers and the jasmine are absolutely noticeable to my nose. These component make the perfume lighter, together with the osmanthus.

Osmanthus is a pretty flower with discreet perfume. It makes perfumes in general sophisticated and refined. I personally can smell the plum-leathery touch of it.

To my taste, Flowerbomb Extreme is purely addictive for those who love strong, balmy scents. I personally like it very much and would recommend it for 30+ and for nights or business environment.

If in EU or USA, I would recommend it for fall/winter only.

aigilia
aigilia

I bought this online as blind buy coz i already got flowerbomb edp so i thought like there would be not much difference. I think i definitely right coz when i first sprayed it i knew it was flowerbomb! For me the only difference is that extreme is creamier like more vanilla in it..i love and enjoy both. The sillage and longevity are the same eventhough this one is extreme..;-)

lafemmealamode
lafemmealamode

First I must admit that I always refused using Flowerbomb. This is one of those perfumes you really smell on every other women + I never thought there was anything special about it apart from a huge „sugarbomb“! So I never thought I would one day buy a bottle for myself. I was giftet the original Flowerbomb EdP about a year ago and what started as using it to please my bf (who bought it for me), became a real passion for the scent! Seriously, I was hooked, all of a sudden!

Since than I probably had all versions of Flowerbomb.

First time I used Extreme I thought it smelled EXACTLY like Flowerbomb EdP but the longer I wore it, the more differences I found.

Now, first thing that comes to my mind is that I wouldn‘t call it Extreme! If I were to name it I would choose the word „intense“ instead of extreme but that‘s probably a marketing thing, as extreme sounds even more appealing, especially in relation to a grenade. Anyway, to me this is more intense than EdP but not necessarily extreme! Now, by intense I wouldn‘t say it‘s sweeter or it lasts longer, which is kind of a good think considering that many people can‘t take even the original EdP version ;)

Generelly, Extreme is a more oriental, dark scent, which I think the dark bottle reflects well. It still has this really sweet base from Flowerbomb but it is deeper, warmer, richer, thus more intriguing! I definitely can smell benzoin! Funnily, I also smell a bit of menthol right after I spray it! Other than that, I can‘t really recognize other notes, cause it‘s more of a mixture of all that makes up this sweet, oriental, gourmand scent.

Generally I find that in comparison with EdP:
-There is some difference but this is only or mostly noticable at the opening, after 1-2 hours you‘d probably never recognize which is which
-Extreme is more creamy and rather oriental-sweet whereas EdP is more floral-sweet
-Extreme is more schocolade/vanilla sweet whereas EdP is more sugar/caramel sweet
-Now, what was quite unexpected to me I found that EdP has a better sillage and longevity than Extreme! Extreme lasts long but it stays closer to your skin (which I actually really like about it cause I have an impression that it mixes better with my skin and makes it more to my individual scent), whereas EdP is more of a floating around me
-The sillage and longevity take its own course in both scents too: whereas it‘s best at the opening and in the base notes with EdP, it‘s best in its heart/middle notes with Extreme
-Extreme is heavier whereas EdP is more fresh, thus Edp is more of a daytime scent and Extreme a night one
-Extreme is definitely a fall and winter scent, whereas EdP is perfect for spring and summer and EdT for a hot summer

All in all, I still think these are very similiar and I don‘t think that anyone notices the difference, apart from yourself (citing my bf: You have a new perfume? You smell just as always!), so if you don‘t want to spend extra $$$ on Extreme you might be better off buying EdP.

But if cash is no issue and you can‘t chose between the Flowerbomb family, I‘d say:
If you‘re more into fruity scents go with EdT
If you‘re more into floral scents go with Edp
If you‘re more into rose scents go with La vien Rose
If you‘re more into oriental scents go with Extreme
And if you‘re into sweet scents go with either one! ;)

miss mills
miss mills

I was gifted a sample of this one - it doesn't suit my skin, I think. Very sweet on me. I think I prefer the original but will need to try it again to be sure. I remmeber the original having a kicker, maybe a patchouli twist that I liked? This one is far too cotton candy for my tastes.

renneyg007
renneyg007

This is a powerhouse of a fragrance. Also it holds together really well. Many scents seem to dissolve or separate smell wise but this keeps its body right through to the dry down. I love it. Being an owner of the orginal Flowerbomb i was sceptical, but this is more oriental and smoother. Not really a daytime perfume becuase its very pungent but i find it totally irresistable. I put this on and i know i smell real gooood!

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

Odd that it says limited edition, released in 2006, 'cause in shops today, they're marketing Flowerbomb Extreme, as it was a new scent. The bottle out in the shops for Extreme doesn't look like this, but it's a transparent, dark glass bottle. Maybe a re-release of the Extreme from 2006? If it's the one from 2006, it's certainly not "limited".

Jellybean
Jellybean

Ahhhhh, so nice! Pretty much spice added in comparison to the original one. Spice and warmth that is. I would say floral/amber/patchouli/cinnamon combination. Superb quality! (I find that to be a common theme with Vikor& Rolf's scents), and for that price worthy.
Excellent choice for evening/night out wear.
Lasts up to 5 hours:)

arianperfume
arianperfume

In my opinion this is the exact more expensive twin of Sensual Amber from BBW. It is sweeter than the original Flowerbomb and less creamier. I have to say, I do like it but not like I love the original Flowerbomb, that one is creamier, more interesting and with better sillage. That's all folks:)

tammysimmons
tammysimmons

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE VERSION OF FLOWERBOMB HAS STAYING POWER! THE BES PEEFUME EVER MADE

bellalicious
bellalicious

EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! flowerbomb.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Well, this is the best version of FLOWERBOMB, as I see it. It is deeper, richer,more intense than the original and it has better lasting power as well(it's late at night and it still smells on me-take into account that I haven't re-applied since the early morning). It's true that it is sweet but not to an unbearable extent;it places emphasis on the romantic and innocent part of underlying sensuality. Moreover, it's perfect for all ages as it is not a typical floral scent, it is a strong combination of rose, jasmine and patchouli, that finally creates a magic touch of charm and beauty. I totally disagree with those people who reject a perfume just due to the fact that it has become extremely popular. Regardless of the popularity, you can support a smell based on your own personality.In addition, if you like a certain scent, I can't see the reason why to make things complicated;as long as you are different and unique, you have your own style, therefore your own smell which is a major part of your style.
I purchased this yesterday and I'm really glad I finally did !

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

To me it smells JUST like the original, except with a *tad* bit less sillage and strength. The end is creamier, but that creamier edge softens it too much and makes this a skin scent. You'd have to put your nose to your arm in order to really sniff this. If you hate skin scents (as I do), then don't even waste your money on this. I highly doubt no one will smell you, unless you douse yourself in this scent, which is a waste of $$ if you ask me. I did notice that a certain cigarette-smoker note that's in the original is gone, but that's not enough to make me want to repurchase.

I love the scent, but if I can't get any sillage, lasting power, or strength it's useless to me.

I had way better expectations for this. I expected it to last longer and possibly produce for sillage than the EDT and the EDP.

**Comparisons between the EDP, EDT, and Extreme versions**
Weird enough, the EDT gives the most sillage, has a more citrus-y vibe to it, but lasts the shortest. It'll give you a measily hour of sillage, and about 3 hours of lasting power, but when it's there guys will LOVE you for it. I walked in a restaurant and got 3 compliments within the first hour, 2 being from guys. This stuff is powerful lol--use it wisely.

The EDP is a little smother than the EDT, more syrup-y, lasts longer, but doesn't give out that much sillage. It clings really close to the body in my experience. I don't know why people say it's loud and boisterous, because my experience is it's not! It also has a cigarette-smoke type of note in it that bothers me somewhat. I get about 30 minutes of sillage, and the rest of it's life (4-5 hours) it clings to my skin.

The Extrememe version smells just like the original. Yes, I still smell the patchouli and I get no heavy vanilla. A little, but not much at all. I still get that syrupy tea scent, which is more smoother. It lasts about 4 hours, with absolutely no sillage time past the first 10 minutes of wear. Skip this is you're not into skin scents.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I like to mix both.... it makes the drydown perfect... creamy patchouied.. black tea and brown sugar...yummmmy! definenty a semi gourmand scent for grown ups.. or of course for the younger 'old souls'

nicolemarie
nicolemarie

Totally yummy, this is the best version, warm and dark and perfect for winter, i love it soooo much mmm mmmmmm .

Haduska
Haduska

I was so curious about this one, i finally got it, but what a surprise, it' s almost identical to aigner' s starlight! Unfortunally this have less sillage and longevity, so save your money and buy starlight instead!

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

so perfect, soooooo perfect!!! very warm (nearly hot), musky, intense, smokey and dark and beautiful! this is something i would pair a little black dress with. this is very very sexy, dark and smokey but without forgetting the FEMALE part, so very womanly. but this is definately a perfume that you either love or not....
my exboyfriend didnt overwhelmingly like it, because he found it smelled like an "explosion of candy and sweets" and it does smell quite sweet, but to me, escada, rockin rio smells like an explosion of sweets and candy (terribly sweet, sticky sweet, gross sweet, sweet like you want to vomit sweet) but not flowerbomb extreme... something so warm, soft and spicy and sexy :)))

anna.023
anna.023

I dont like the original flowerbomb. I think its "sticky" and a little bit "too much of everything". Mainly just sweet. Lucky I found this one!

It's very sweet, yes. But it's so much more plesant than flowerbomb. Flowerbomb is a screamy and loud perfume, very "in your face"! This one is more calm, but its deeper and stays longer on the skin. Perhaps more sweet, but in a diffrent and deeper way. In a better way! They are similar but yet, very different.

I think I will buy this one when I get a chanse. A little to expensive in the stores.

UPDATE:

I have actually learn to like the normal flowerbomb. I tried the both perfumes at the same time because I wanted to see the differance. Flowerbomb IS more loud as I said before, but Extreme also stays closer to the skin, witch I dont like so much. It's not so rich and creamy as I first thought, I would just call it deep. Flowerbomb on the other hand is loud, more sour. It misses the deep but have a floral richness that extreme misses. The lastingpower actually was about the same for me. Extreme lingered on tyhe skin a bit longer, but only my self could smell that. The choise between this to is suddenly very hard!! The negative thing about flowerbomb is that its too common, extreme is not. That might do it for me... But I love how The normal flowerbomb smells all around you!!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Delicious!

Everything I wanted the original to be. As far as staying power, I found the original weaker. This one is more intense and holds better. I find tea and jasmine to be prominent here, along with the vanilla and amber. Because of that, the drydown reminds me of VS Cashmere Vanilla Jasmine.

Regardless... I would still love a bottle. I don't find it super sweet, which is great. I'll admit with the name "extreme" I was expecting it to be a sugar-packed explosion. But thankfully it wasn't.

This is a floral gourmand for BIG girls. The powdery spice of patchouli is sexy and the warmth of benzoin brings everything together.

I wore 2 sprays of this from a small decant today... didn't think I could get away with it on a warm humid day, but it lasted and was not cloying. It surprisingly held up and didn't change. That should say something :o)

UPDATE:

Woke up this morning to find the scent still in my hair. Smelled a little different though... like a heavy black tea and some burnt sugar. Not a terrible combo, but just a little odd and not at it's best. Still love it though!

aelias
aelias

The difference between the original and Extreme is subtle, but it is enough to make the latter an absolutely amazing fragrance. Just as other reviewers noted, Extreme has a far better base to it than the original, and it has just the right amount of floral sweetness to it. Yes, it is really expensive, but I do not regret buying it at all.

Mrskitten
Mrskitten

The perfume blast with Bergamot in the beginning, it's candied sugary but not sickening sweet at all, it's loud but not too loud to make you run for the hills. The Jasmin note stay in the background so don't expect a Jasmin centered scent. Vanilla is quite prominent on my skin from the second minute and well into the dry down. The heart is quite flowery, an infusion between Osmanthus, Jasmin and white flowers and it fades into a creamy amber and vanilla sensational mixture.

Flowerbomb Eau Extreme is an inviting flirty feminine scent, it lures you with the right amounts of sweetness and spiciness. For me, it's like this beautiful girl that knows what to say and when to say it. She's sensual, she's sweet but not too sweet and oh very confident.

Personally, I'm very picky when it comes to sweet perfumes, but this one won my heart. It's sensual, it's comforting and in the same time exciting. The lasting ability is amazing it lasts around two days on my skin and I can smell it after a shower.

It will have a permanent location in my collection :)

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume 2006 or 2007 special edition – not sure about the year)

FLOWERBOMB EXTREME is a sizzling tropical vacation with the summer heat, heady flowers, sweet gourmand cocktails and sensual embrace from a hot lover. Comparing to the original FLOWEBOMB, this one has more vibrant flowers, more delicious gourmand notes and more electrifying character! The gourmand notes of vanilla and caramel mix deliciously with the hot waves of sweet flowers.

The fragrance starts with the fresh bergamot and sweet strong jasmine. Osmanthus is beautiful and fresh in the heart notes mixed with the gourmand vanilla and caramel. There is a bouquet of hot and sweet flowers in the heart notes that mingle beautiful with the gourmand notes. The base notes are gourmand and creamy vanilla, benzoin and amber. This version seems to have less patchouli, less vanilla sugar and more flowers if comparing to the original.

This is a gorgeous gourmand floral. The longevity and sillage are wonderful. I like the original FLOWERBOMB but I do not regret buying this one. I think both fragrances have a place in my collection.

guest_Rebelle Fleur......
guest_Rebelle Fleur......

Tried this one on saturday and i think its a sweeter version of the original.EXACTLY the same smell just sweeter.Gorgous though!

adele l
adele l

very cotton candy-it's not sickly sweet or offensive or flowery...that said, not overly original or long-lasting. i got a decant to see what the fuss was about-it's kind of a 'meh'.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Well, this is interesting.....not what I was expecting AT ALL! The name is misleading....where are the vast swathes of flowers? Where is the strong, perfume blast?

Luckily this misnomer works out well for me (thanks Solvita!). A super-sonic strength floral about to detonate would have me running for the hills! FBE is a candy-sweet vanilla oriental through & through...it feels like you'll gain pounds from just one sniff.

After a gorgeous bergamot start the bomb explodes....scattering candyfloss & shards of butterscotch popcorn. The intensity of warm sugar here is incredible - it feels like it is decaying my teeth!

That said it is the right kind of sugar for me: deep, low, & warm, not high, sweet, or fructose-like (I'm the kind of girl who chooses cake over jelly, & chocolate over fruit chews).

FBE is very well-blended & my nose struggles to make out the individual notes - the overall impression is deep, warm, sweeeeet yet in a curvy, feminine way. A touch of subtle jasmine, a very tame patchouli, plenty of vanilla & then it is candy & amber all the way to its powdery end.

I should dislike it, but it is acutually very pleasant to wear (best when wafts are caught from a distance & not tested from a nose-pressing sniff). Lots of compliments when I wore it.

Would suit fans of vanilla who want a super-sweet scent that smells classy.

LenaBel
LenaBel

I finally compared them and sprayed one wrist with Flowerbomb Extreme and another with regular Flowerbomb. The difference is quite subtle, maybe only us perfumaniacs could actually tell it. I felt like Flowerbomb Extreme went better with my body chemistry. I agree with someone who has said there is more vanilla in this one. It is also more toned down (not as loud and cheeky as the original), yet is actually more intense and has much deeper base notes (while original becomes queit once top notes settle down). But its intensity is sensual and warm, really sexy. It also lasted longer than the original. This one is going to my wishlist :) Flowerbomb Extreme is a real good quality perfume, it develops and grows on your skin and goes through several phases-which I like about perfumes :)

taylor
taylor

this is so wonderful! love it, gorgeous scent. too bad it´s so expensive.

Minnija
Minnija

BEST perfume I ever smell! and the price fot this one is appropriate! Nothing is like "Flowerbomb" :)

vanillapatch
vanillapatch

If this perfume were edible I would eat it - its absolutely gorgeous!
A perfect perfume for a cool winter day -
especially when the wind catches it and wafts it back at you - divine.....

Aysu
Aysu

I prefer the original as it is more flowery and this one has much more vanilla. I like scents with vanilla base but Flowerbomb has a better vanilla combination with flowers which gives a creamy feeling while Flowerbomb Extreme has much more sweeter feeling which can be overpowering sometimes. But it is still a great scent and does not have an incredible difference from the original, perfect for winter.

Trvevil
Trvevil

For me it's like a blast of pleasure. This extreme version doesn't start with sour notes ('grapefruit' my friend said, but actually I think it's bergamot). Well it has bergamot too, but it's not sour. It smells soo sweet? no. flowery? no. I don't know. I'm bad at descriptions ;) It's fresh and won't leave you unnoticed! Lasting power is ok.

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

Well said coco76. Extremely gorgeous scent but doesn't last very long... I can't justify the price either.

coco76
coco76

Compared with her sister 'Flowerbomb', Flowerbomb Extreme has more depth and warmth and somehow, more confidence. Jasmine and Bergamot are two of my favourite scents and they introduce the fragrance with a sweet beginning. it was in the middle notes that i was a bit put off, and i am pretty sure the osmanthus was the culprit. the base does not disappoint with a warm and welcoming blend of benzoin and amber, with the patchouli and vanilla playfully tickling your senses. the only real drawback to this perfume is (like Flowerbomb) the fact that it disappears SO quickly. that being said, it would smell heavenly lingering on a scarf or wool jacket in the dead of winter :)

vivie
vivie

I love this perfume. its a more intense version of the original. a bit on the pricey side. but well worth having a bottle for special occassions

Flowerbomb Extreme by Viktor&Rolf 4.55 out of 5 based on 222 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flowerbomb Extreme by Viktor&Rolf. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flowerbomb Extreme by Viktor&Rolf represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.