Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

cinnamon
tobacco
leather
Spicebomb Viktor&Rolf for men Videos
Spicebomb Viktor&Rolf for men Pictures Spicebomb Viktor&Rolf for men Pictures Spicebomb Viktor&Rolf for men Pictures

Viktor & Rolf present the male equivalent of the famous Flowerbomb fragrance (2005) and the second men's fragrance after Antidote (2006) under the name of Spicebomb. The designer duo wanted to give men the fragrance that is Flowerbomb to women, bearing in mind that spices are for masculine scents what flower notes are for feminine.

Spicebomb comes out in January 2012 as an explosive and extrovert oriental - woody and spicy composition. Perfumer Olivier Polge blended spices with sensual undertones; creating two diametrically opposed fragrant accords: 1. the addictive and fiery one and 2. the explosive and icy one. The fiery accord contains notes of chili, saffron, leather, tobacco and vetiver. The explosive one includes bergamot, grapefruit, elemi and pink pepper.

Fabien Baron designed the bottle so it looks like a hand grenade, which “triggers” with the designer’s logo. The face of the campaign is a model Sean O'Pry, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette with 200 ml shower gel and 100 ml after shave balm.

Bergamot Grapefruit Pink Pepper elemi

Saffron Cinnamon Paprika

Vetiver Tobacco Leather

Spicebomb Eau Fraiche
1899 Hemingway

Spicebomb Fragrance Reviews

this stuff is good, really good,great blend of all sorts of herbs and spices. Girls love this, alot, and it lasts quite a while on my skin. solid 8/10

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I tried this today in the duty free store in the Cancun airport and I was floored by how great Spicebomb is! I get all the notes listed and after 6 hrs it becomes creamy with a hint of vanilla on me. To sum it up- my next purchase.

claytron
claytron

Let me start by saying that women really like this fragrance. I mean REALLY like it! I have shown a few female friends of mine my collection because they were curious and this is one that they singled out as a favorite.
It's more sweet than I expected but certainly not in a bad way. Sweet, wet, earthy and spicey. Very well done, extremely sexy. Also, I get gardenia out of this. Gardenia is not in the notes listed but it smells like that to my nose...
I love wearing this in the fall months, its perfect for that. Can't wait to start wearing it again!

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

This cologne stops people in their tracks. Instant compliments. SB is very different than your typical cologne, so if you want something that stands out, this is it. This and Midnight in Paris are two great colognes that stand apart from the pack and gather plenty of compliments.

celoemi
celoemi

The fragrance has unbelievable things. I never liked the smell of pepper, it gives me a headache. Also hate cinnamon. Surprisingly this perfume is very good, not great, it gives me motion sickness after about 5 hours.
Rating 7.5 / 10

dcookoo
dcookoo

It's Flowerbomb's sexy, stylish boyfriend. A blend of gorgeous spices with lemon thrown into the mix to keep it somehow fresh at the same time. It was love upon first spray. I can't get enough. A large 150ml bottle is definitely on my to get list after my 50ml gets used up.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

I was in Vegas las fall when I ran into Spicebomb.
A word to describe it is , sexy.
Works like heaven in cold dry weather, all girls will fall for it.
Here in Costa Rica it doesn't feels so great during the humid rainy season, but the magic comes again from November to January or in high altitudes when it is always cool.
A great choice for clubbing.

RobbieX

There is something, for me anyway, that is wonderful about this fragrance. It's a masterpiece.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

This is interesting. It's a winter scent as I see it, and pretty masculine, thought sweet. I do own a little of it, because I like the way it smells. It's sweet and warm. The tobacco comes out a littel like Burberry London, but less smooth and refined. It's not bad, it's just not as good as Burberry to me, either.

LouPerry
LouPerry

I bought this fragrance for my boyfriend after we spent a while in Debenhams shopping for fragrances for xmas.
I really LOVE this fragrance. Its unique but inoffensive. It seems to last a long time too, though the silage is even better.
My favourite thing about this fragrance is it is sexy and mature, and 'masculine' without being that clique, same old smell, that half fragrances aimed at men seem to have now.
I think I like this a little more than my boyfriend does; he is more of a traditionalist when it comes to fragrance. And although I would not wear this on myself (too spicy for me) I really like it on him!

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

Great for business and a night out. Recommended for 20 years and above. Spicy and warm, but not too warm, and can therefore pass for a summer scent in the nighttime. Good longevity and sillage. It won't offend anyone, but people will indeed notice your presence.

I'd love a niche version of this with some natural ingredients. Some designer scents like this have great things going for them so it's a pity it's all synthetic.

8/10. Excellent autumn scent.

RIVERA FRAGRANCE FANATIIC

Wonderful smell!! Very good projection and longevity and yeah IT IS WORTH THE PRICE :) :)

defectedmonkey
defectedmonkey

I ordered a sample of this online, commence a casual stroll to the drugstore with my slippers on. It is such a compliment getter too so I was not wrong in my rush to get it.

The top note you'll find a sudden burst of citrus fighting a dark woody smell. Let it sit on your skin and it evolves into a gourmand beast. Cinnamon, caramel, chocolate, tobacco and vetiver. I would suggest the complexity of the base note is what makes this such a great scent. On top of that it does not offend the average person if they are not a fan of those base notes. (win-win)

Micho0
Micho0

Spicebomb --> Candybomb

I loved it from the first time I smelt its so unique and new thinking in male fragrances.

this is perfect for the club or a date

A bit female because of the sweet cinnamon smell , But we need something new!!

YellowFlash
YellowFlash

What can I say about this gorgeous, unique and alluring scent that hasn't been said already? It's hard to go wrong with this scent. I love it, everyone that has smelled it loved it on me, and quite a few have gone as far as to desperately ask what on earth I was wearing that smelled so wonderful.

This scent is safe in that it is generally pleasing and not offensive by nature, it doesn't smell like burning rubber or like a wet animal. It could be used for casual outings or date nite. I hate saying that it can make a good club scent, but it's true. It's a very enticing aroma in all respects.

As far as the notes, I won't beat a dead horse here. It's spicy and peppery with a soft, sweet side to it that contrasts very well. It's very well blended and sits well, IMO. The price is a little steep for some people, but I believe it is a quality cologne and worth the price tag. If you pick this up, I doubt very much that you would be disappointed.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Nice! The opening is a bit sweet (almost too sweet for me) but the opening burst of cinnamon is outstanding and the leather and vetiver keep this fragrance in check. About 2-hours in and the dry-down is excellent and my favorite part of this fragrance. Projection and longevity are about average on my skin...however, it sits close-to-the-skin after 3-hours so I recommend you use this for an intimate night-out with someone you know since it's basically a snuggle scent afterwards.

I really like this one as an evening night-out scent, and the ladies seem to like Spicebomb from top-to-bottom. My biggest criticism is that I wish it were a bit more spicy and little less sweet. It's just missing that something (???) that would make it a great fragrance.

Mikeyd
Mikeyd

Compliment bomb!
But longevity is poor
Scent 8/10
Longevity 3/10

landon1
landon1

Really good. Smells like tobacco vanille to me in just about every way

SMELLY1992

got this one today and I'm sooo happy + excited to say how amazing it is in every single ways. Oversprayed last night to go to the club and everyone was like ''Hey, you smell like cinnamon'' that made my day. Yes, if I could define this frag in world I would say cinnamon. The cinnamon in here is definitely the best I've seen (along w 1 million) Ok, lets face, this is expensive but value for money is great! Its a investment. People will eat you up when they smell it!

raunchy
raunchy

Love the gentlemen shape! collectable bottle.
But most of all this is Sexy Scent for man. Want my man spray all over his body, will drive me crazy!

enik
enik

I am 30 years old woman and I want give my opinion about this fragrance, sorry for my english. It seems that more and more men using this are popping up lately. So today while trying some perfumes in the shop, I decided to go to the men's section to discover which is the one I hate because it basically makes me feel sick. It wasn't difficult to figure out it was Spicebomb as it was in the front row between the most popular perfumes. I realized that when I smell this somewhere, I tend to change direction just to get away from the smell. It is sweet, heavy and feminine in weird way. Like a mixture of masculine and feminine perfume. Complete opposite of my idea of sexy smelling man. And I am a person that loves sweet fragrances. For women.

Kiku
Kiku

Viktor&Rolf continues it's rather silly tradition of bottles that look like weapons. But "Spicebomb" IS a weapon in that's it's explosively good, the best men's fragrance in a long time. It is rich and spicy. Cloves dominate. Not Christmas cookie type cloves or carnation type cloves. These are strong and sharp -- very masculine. There is also something green and softly sweet about the scent(vetiver?). This would be warm and comforting for the cold days of winter and brisk and cooling for the sweltering days of deep summer. Although marketed as a men's fragrance this should be considered as unisex: it would be great for the woman who likes something powerful but not too sweet. Wear "Spicebomb" when you want to make an impression because it detonates, you won't be ignored.

Mr.nigma
Mr.nigma

This frag doesn't long last on me and it has poor sillage. Nothing special with the smell.

SMELLY1992

This is my must since i first smell it!! SOOOO AMAZING. the problem is the price... if anyone wants to give me this one, I'm here!!!

MusicalNotes
MusicalNotes

I had used a micro batch fragrance called Blue-Black, and could no longer reach the guy who made it. I loved that stuff. Then I sprayed on some sb at a local department store. WOW! It was almost spot on. So I naturally bought a bottle. I wore it almost exclusively until it was gone. A co worker said "that's pretty stout stuff." Yes it is. It's a steaming vat of testosterone, and I love it. Pepper and cinnamon on steroids. This is gritty, assertive.... No. AGGRESSIVE! Douse yourself in this and do so unapologetically. You're a man and you love cologne. This is like an angry, uncivilized Eau Des Baux. You need this. Good projection, and it lasts several hours. I love the opening though, and like to reapply ever couple hours. This could have been a top seller in the 80s had it existed then.

KingLouie
KingLouie

All I can say is OMG I need to buy this.

This is probably the nicest smelling scent (apart from Green Irish Tweed), I have smelt in a long time.

I love spice, I frequently wear John Varvatos Vintage, and this is like a amped up version of it however no tobacco.

It's sweet, with a strong aroma of cinnamon in my opinion. But it's yummy, very sexy in my opinion. I'll be picking up a bottle of this as soon as I can.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

OK, explain to me what am I not getting with this fragrance, to me it just smells a bit unextraodinary, it didn't last long on my skin, about 2 hours. I just don't get this at all.

adamantyr
adamantyr

Viktor & Rolf know how to market a scent to a male audience... looks like a grenade? Very good. :)

The scent itself hits like a grenade. One spray is like an explosion on the nostrils. The chili and pepper are VERY strong top notes, you WILL be smelling it on yourself for several hours afterwards. Probably not a good scent to use if you have a morning headache.

That said, this is a spectacular scent! My girlfriend LOVES when I wear it, she says I smell like "warm sexy cookies." Sexbomb would have worked as a name as well. :D

I bought the gift set that included a shower gel, after-shave and a 3.4oz bottle. A superb deal; the gel and after-shave have the same qualities and a little of them goes a LONG way.

Highly recommended! Because it's so potent though, I would advise testing it first. Sephora carries testers of it regularly.

O2
O2

تم إصدار نسخة جديدة ومركزة من عطر ‘سبايس بوم’ تحت أسم :
“Spicebomb Titanium Edition ~ سبايس بوم تيتانيوم ايديشن”

العطر الجديد يحمل نفس رائحة “سبايس بوم” لكن أكثر تركيزاً وعمقاً
وعبوة العطر نفس السابقة لكن لونها فضي لامع غير شفاف ..

العطر شتوي بمتياز نظراً لمكوناتة الساخنة التي تذيب ثلوج الهملايا !

Janneke1
Janneke1

This is the most attractive scent for men. Ever.

RobbieX

This fragrance has so much character. The no 1 spicy frag.

almarie
almarie

This is so sexy! I imagine the two hot french guys that I spoke with at my store the other day wearing this one. Super spicy and sexy- a real theatre of the mind!

RIVERA FRAGRANCE FANATIIC

This is just great...There is more than just spicy notes..It is sweet, warm and attractive. My mom and my sister love it and I DO TOO. Rate 10/10

Idlehands
Idlehands

very nice. just picked up the gift set, which to me is the best value for this. itsspicy snd very fresh. a huggable scent that will def. get attention and compliments. i think its supposed to be a masculine scent. i dont reslly get a traditional masculine vibe on it at all. it smells modern and peppery. I guess this is what the modern man considers manly. At any rate, its quality juice over all. i dont find it to be too strong. i think its something that may need a re application after a few hours though h which is a huge let down as its so expensive. not dissimilar to ysl's la nuit.in that way. i also with the bottle was a little less gimmicky. 7/10

Tweleve
Tweleve

This is such a happy and comforting scent. It's the perfect cinnamon fragrance for a mature audience. One of my favorite bottle designs as well, something you want to keep at the front of your collection on aesthetics alone

SMELLY1992

i was actually long waiting to try this one! all the notes listed here really excited me about this one plus sillage and longevity that are known for being good. Was at a sephora local store here in Brazil and sprayed both on paper and wrist. Well... first minute is what i would say 'repulsive' (just like A*Men for men!) but you just wait and see it... 5 minutes later... this becomes a masterpiece original sweet smell... so alluring, so beautiful, so rich. Its like sweet peppery-cinnamon. This is now on my priority perfume list. Never smelt something like that before. Completely original. REALLY LOVED IT.

saiful.enver
saiful.enver

this fragrance reminds me of La Nuit de L'homme and Avant Garde from Lanvin.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Don't get the 1M comparison at all. Nice cinnamon, spicy and sweet opening, smells wonderful and warm, then dries down to smell like Hanae Mori HiM, then ultimately dries to Gucci Pour Homme II. I personally love it! I love the gucci II, only wish it would project more...I found it!

JaiTee
JaiTee

Winter in a bottle.

I bought this for myself to wear and although I try to escape from Christmas every year, smelling this scent doesn't induce that flight-or-fight response in me.

It evokes walking down a quiet street, boots crunching beneath as the snow gets packed down. The sun has already set, but it's still very bright out because of the reflection from the snow. And then, the arrival at home. A warm house, a few lights already on, the smell of a live Christmas tree. And later, a soft, cozy couch, a big blanket, and my hands wrapped around a hot drink, a novel waiting by my side.

When I smell Spicebomb, it comes across to me as mostly cinnamon, and I can't get enough of it. Hours later, it's a different creature. Quieter, at peace, and I like that side of it too.

Longevity is wonderful on my skin. If I spray it on before bed, it's still around the next morning.
Sillage: one spray is enough to enjoy.

Na0

Just an add / update to my review, to summarize it.
This is on top 5 most original and greatest mainstream fragrances nowadays. Period.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Tobacco are the main notes in the background. It reminds me about tobacco notes from Burberry London. Cinnamon notes totally different from PR 1million, while tobacco replace the citrus notes from PR 1million and make these two beast go in different way. One of the most complex fragrances and farthest from being linear. The dry down is so nice and not cloying. Perfect and impressive in the evening and react well with the heat such as in tropical climate. Just beware about the amount of spray that you use. Two sprays make it last all days and projection above the average. Nice scent anyway~

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

Love Spice Bomb. It is a great scent for a great price. This scent is for people who gravitate toward warmer smells. It fires off with a heavy peppery cinnamon smell and then eventually fades into a sweet tobacco leather scent. Late at night it can become sweet and powdery and some times it smells a little like chocolate.
I constantly get complimented on this scent. Whether its the ladies at the office, the girl at the pizza parlor register or my bank teller. Women seem to love it. This is my wife's favorite scent on me.

fmehdi
fmehdi

so sexy

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Spice? No
Bomb? Yes
Cinnamon? Definitely
Leather and tobacco are the main notes in the background to provide some balance and prevent it from being too cloying. It's still sweet but not in an overpowering way. Overall, it's good, but it would be great if they could have kicked up the spices a few more notches. Maybe they could come out with Spicebomb Intense with a bottle shaped like an atom bomb?

RobbieX

Nicest spicy fragrance in the world - fabulous!

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Gets me compliments everytime I wear it. One of my favorites. Very lovely. Reminds me the smell of that pink bubblegum back in my childhood years, maybe that´s why people (at least the people I know) and me like it so much.

halael
halael

Reminds me of smoking vanilla cloves in a leather jacket. Beautiful for a designer fragrance.

toto453
toto453

Absolutely a safe fragrance. So confortable, so pleasant...I feel like I have known this smell for years !?
I love this smell, even more when swimming as the scent change a bit and remain another way so nice !
Really a good perfume !!!

ecrucker
ecrucker

This Cologne is hotter on a women. I get men stopping in their tracks (straight and gay). It is powdery and peppery on my skin. It smells so sexy on me it's unreal!! To add a lil twist to it, I sometimes spray Jo Malone's Orange Blossom perfume. I bought them both from Nordstroms and it is a heavenly combination! Make you wanna get yourself pregnant! :)

Endymion
Endymion

This product is where the marketing is 100x stronger than the substance itself.

imbakedxx
imbakedxx

My bf is in live with this cologne, i personally think its okay, smells like apple pie to me

mistykerryn
mistykerryn

I always get my boyfriend to try this on when we go out shopping together. He's not so keen on this but there was something about it that I enjoyed. It definitely doesn't have that typical fresh/aquatic smell that most typical men's colognes have. Spicebomb is definitely cinnamon prominent, and when my boyfriend wears it, I detect sweet notes too? Like a bubblegum kind of smell. I agree with the person who said this is like a masculine sweet candy perfume! My boyfriend says he is not sure that he would want to smell like this. As a female, I quite like this smell, it's different, and yummy too. However I'd probably advise to try this before you buy, it's easy to like, but also easy to dislike, depending on your tastes.

K1
K1

Spicebomb is a distinctive fragrance with rare type of aromatic peppery smell. Kind of dandy warm spicy tender peppery cinnamon tobacco smell and a lot of happy-happy notes in the bed. Spicebomb is masculine candy perfume!

silverlook1
silverlook1

Dear God!

I finally sprayed it as I should on my skin.. aaaand.. it's almost identical as Tonka Imperiale!

Out of all the cheap substitutes that people claim to smell like TI..

Spicebomb reminded me of TI immediately! I thought I smell TI on my shirt or something.. that it survived somehow from previous wears, little did I know it was spicebomb all along.

wetland
wetland

شاهکارررررررر

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

Best of tobacco in the world (in my opinion) my signature night scent of course

Nicely spicy tobacco with almost wood notes. Spice, golden metallic cedar note and an almost crystallized amber like a lighter, less boozy version of Ambre Russe. Love it.

RobbieX

This frag definitely seems to be polarizing opinions here.
Spicebomb is aptly named. It is a powerful, long lasting, distinctive and lovely spicy fragrance. It's gorgeous.......in my opinion, of course. 9.5/10

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

spicebomb is a name "Opium" of YSL should be called, no other perfume really deserve such a name. anyway, I tested this yesterday, to sweet and hardly any "power" spices in there, I mean, where is coriander, nutmeg, cardamom and other spices? not there! cinnamon is hardly present and the sweet somehow "cough syrups" is there. anyway, its an ok gourmand girly-like perfume, worthless, in my opinion.

lasting power and sillage are not that impressive. for the price tag, I don't know why anyone would buy this/

ni.sacsac
ni.sacsac

I waiting for a spice and strong smell.But when i got vial from Sephora,i'm very suprise.Very sweet but nothing special

emilianods75
emilianods75

OMG this is how a real man have to smell. Manly, seductive.....I love it. It is really a "Man Bomb".

Roman86
Roman86

For the money that this goes for I don't think it's worth it. For the smell itself, well, it's spicy just as the name suggests but tamed down for designer standards. If you want something along these lines that goes balls out without holding back, try Costume National Homme, which can be found on Beauty Encounter for $50 and cheaper than what Spicebomb goes for.

smell8
smell8

It's been a while since I smelled such a repelling fragrance. I literally had people around me complaining about how heavy and tasteless it is.

Smell - 4/10
Projection - 9/10
longevity - 9/10

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I get a pleasant black tea accord with this one. I can smell the pink pepper in the opening, and throughout the drydown, too, but don't find it overpowering. Then, I detect a sort of sweet citrus note that blends with the smoky tea accord. Sometimes the cinnamon makes an appearance, but I don't find it as prominent as I expected it to be.

With one spray, I get moderate sillage and good longevity.

What a lovely fragrance!

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

Extremely potent pepper. Like sticking your nose in a pepper shaker. Headache inducing spice. It's unique for a designer to release something like this but ugh. Maybe i dislike the mix of cinnamon, paprika and tobacco because i also dislike Gucci Pour Homme II... then mix that with pepper? yek..

Chava
Chava

I'm a woman, and I definitely prefer Spicebomb to Flowerbomb. I've only sampled it in a store, and it was warm, spicy, and leathery. It would make a lovely winter fragrance for men OR women!

Thomasania
Thomasania

From a woman's perspective: I enjoy this on a man but I enjoy it equally as well on myself. In my opinion it is very unisex. It is a comforting scent, maybe that is the vetiver and leather notes. It is like settling into your favorite chair with a fire burning and a good book. I don't detect any of the fresh notes, the bergamot or even the peppers, but that could be just my inexperienced nose.
I am wearing this with BBW Twilight Woods and it is a perfect match. Ladies, don't be afraid to try this. I genuinely think you will be pleasantly surprised, especially if you need a change from all the gourmand scents on the market.

RobbieX

SpiceBomb is one the most distinctive fragrances I have ever had the pleasure to try. It's totally unique! ...and gorgeous! The spices have a one-of -a kind signature. There are some floral notes in there too and an ozonic note in the background that makes it fresh with a beautiful tobacco and it's really fabulous!

I have tried a lot of men's fragrances, and I mean a lot, but this is my No 1.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Apple Pie. The end < that is what it smells like.
I wonder why it is listed as 'for men' sometimes, it would be equally as delicious on a woman.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

ok let's keep this short - Spicebomb ??

No not a bomb...you have to spray quite a lot to get decent longevity...

But... it's a GREAT scent !

A nice modern one ? For sure !!

I like it a lot ...(got the 150 ml) and so i spray quite a lot... :o)

coreynellos
coreynellos

To be honest. I don't care for this cologne one bit. I tried some. It's overwhelming. There are too many different scents trying to come together. It actually made me look this up and review it because of how much I dislike it. I had to shower it off because it was too strong and there where to many notes.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Hello Aromadisiac for Him, are u?

ohenebakDuah
ohenebakDuah

this isnt a bad fragrance but I must admit its too sweet....I'm also surprised most ppl think it projects and last a very long time...with me it didn't last long and the projection was quite okay with the 1-2 hours....this can't match 1 million when it has to do with projection and sillage...honestly speaking 1 million is far better than this just that its soo popular these days hence the reason y ppl hate it....overall this isn't all that some ppl make it seem..its overrated..try gettin ysl la nuit ...I wouldn't recommend this

filipcarlson
filipcarlson

Smells like heaven!!!

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

The name of the so-called
its a different fragrance i like it.
update :
it gets a lot of complements and it is good fragrance but unfortunately i don't like it any more because i cant breathe very well when i wear it ... may be it shouldn't sprayed on the nick may be in the rest is enough.

get a sample before buying .
scent : 7.5/10
longevity : 8/10
projection : 8.5/10

over all rating = 8/10

colognefan85
colognefan85

opening: Cinnamon, oriental spices that's sharp and sweet. The mix of cinnamon and sweetness is loud and awakening when first applied. Very long lived opening that transforms into a ginger bread note over all notes.

DryDown: Here comes a mellow tobacco mixed with more gingerbread and more spice. The tobacco is semi sweet that's the main base that's detected. Cinnamon dies down a lot too. Smells gourmondish. I also smell a faint orange spice to the dry down too, very calming and reminds me of fall. Smells of spices from a dutch Apple pie too. Beautiful

Projection: HIGH, THIS GETS NOTICED EVERYTIME!

Longevity: 8 to 10 hours

Overall: One of the most complex fragrances and farthest from being linear. With each wearing it I smell different notes and get different vibes. Its a festive Fall winter fragrance, without being too gimmicky.

Purchase: YES

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

The name should be “Bombed” ... no?... “Hoover” because it sucks so bad.

Why? It’s not very spicy and not very good. Rather chemical and the notes are anything but organismal. Reminds me of going into a nightclub with fist pumpers, medieval print shirts, glow sticks—that smell of RedBull and cheap perfume. Packaging is tacky to the max. Lastly, this is very very feminine.

For this money you can buy something actually nice from Chanel, Hermes, Comme des Garçon, or even Diptyque.

Positives:

Projection is modest. Won’t knock anyone out. Stays rather close to skin.
I didn’t get any allergies or headaches.
Longevity is good.

F’real... no thank you.

mean streak
mean streak

Instantly became one of my top 5 favorites!! I'm glad I blind bought it!!

JamesVT
JamesVT

Tried it but not a fan unfortunately.

hellokoi
hellokoi

There aren't many fragrances that I really love on my husband, but Spicebomb is one of those loves. Whenever he wears this, I catch myself following him around and trying to smell him. It's such an attractive, complex, interesting fragrance, and it really stands out from the mess of fresh, watery citrus colognes that are so prevalent today.

The smell of Spicebomb reminds me of a dark, evil apple pie (odd, I know); it's thickly sweet and sensually spicy, layered over the dark, warm, rich base notes, which are mostly vetiver and warm tobacco with a hint of leather to my nose. It smells very exotic, and something about the mix of sweet spices and dark base notes is just unbelievably sexy to me.

On me, this doesn't smell as complex and sort of fades into a muddled sweetness, but it smells like magic on my husband. He wears this and I chase after him like the women in an Axe commercial, lol.

All of the other men I know are always wearing watery, fresh colognes, but I prefer black pepper, resins, and darker scents on my husband. I think a darker scent really stands out and smells powerful and enticing on a man. Spicebomb is an awesome mix of warm, dark notes and sweetness.

rzetzm
rzetzm

I'm just going to pretend that this innocent little grey bottle hasn't developed some sort of cult-ish following. But then again, to deny that would be to belie the truth: this stuff is apparently... the bomb!

I know. Sorry for the cheesy opening! I'm not touching whatever weird debate that continues about this scent; I'm only offering my personal interpretation.

This is a winner. It's one of those strong fragrances that lasts. Its got an opening that is both very pleasing and charming, and reminds me of Creed's Original Santal - with its bubblegum quality in the beginning. Of course, that's a usage of cinnamon along with some of the other components in the mix. What has me swooning is the tobacco. In a rich, just-stuck-your-head-in-a-bag-and-inhaled sorta way. It's a woody-spicy fragrance that has obviously crossed well into the gourmand territory - and I like it! And so do, apparently, a lot of other people.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This is more of a squib, than a bomb, although I guess "Spice Squib" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I will admit, I was surprised by how similar it was to "1899" by Histoire des Parfums, at least initially. The pepper, citrus and cinnamon give it that cola-like fizziness in the opening.

However, that's pretty much where the similarity ended. After 15 minutes on my skin the spices were well and truly fizzled out and all I could detect was a soft, sweet tobacco (which one might easily mistake for vanilla), cinammon and the tiniest smidge of vetiver.

An hour later it smelled like a watered down "Eau de Baux" by L'Occitane, with measly projection. So yeah, a bit of a damp squib, albeit rather pleasant on the opening. As far as scents for young guys go, you could do a lot worse, but certainly a lot better (1899 for example :P)

It at least makes me very eager to try "HiM" by Hanae Mori, as I've heard the composition and longevity wins out over Spice Bomb.

Piotrek007
Piotrek007

Oh c'mon !!

I'm confused when I see profile photos of people complaining about this fragrance... Why someone near 40's buy this bottle at all ??

To me, Spicebomb "Smells Like Teen Spirit" ! Sweet cinammon, yet with a hint of stronger leather and pepper, scents perfect for energetic young person.

My friends at job loves it, and girls finds in it a touch of a bubble gum scent they like so much.

For me this is one of the best fragrance I ever had.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

Been wearing this for 2 days now, only have received compliments.

But, on my personal preference, I don't think it's for me just yet, I'll touch on why.

If you want to get a good idea on what to expect with this is simple:

Cinnamon Cinnamon Cinnamon!

It has a touch of a tea like smell, like a grey tea but it's dominated by cinnamon so expect a spike to the nose.

It's definitely a winter fragrance, hands down.

I will be wearing this throughout the cold season ( until it finishes ) it's not bad for sure if you are into these types, but for me, I'm more of the subtle, calming smells, than this one...that basically smacks your nose and says HELLO!

*Edit 1-8-13*

There's something I noticed when having it on after awhile...it's very reminiscent of Polo ( The Original Green One ) Don't know if its just me but It hit me today when smelling it in conversation with someone else who asked me if I had SpiceBomb on ( this person laughed and agreed also )

erkanarda
erkanarda

it reminds me a little la nuit from ysl,both are nice fragrances :)

dda
dda

They made 20 versions of the Flowerbomb for women. They make 1 version for men and they create a sweet scent with a feminine vibe. I get the feeling they spend more time on designing the bottle than actually making a ''For Men'' version of the flowerbomb

smoj
smoj

just YUM. amazing for winter and going out. inoffensive and pretty long lasting in my opinion. will definitely be getting a 100ml after this 50ml has gone. \

even though i think its a winter/colder weather scent im sure you could pull it off in the summer as well, with 1 or 2 sprays.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i get a dry spice and some sweet that reminds me of honey. i think its the tobacco and grapefruit. i agree with the posts about it being candied. i find the sweet to be too bitter for me. i do however think this is pretty unisex. its got a real metrosexual vibe to me. like a guy who grooms himself and goes to the gym. the problem for me is im not into a man who takes longer than i do getting ready, and im a mascara and out the door kind of girl. i think if it has less sweet and maybe some vanilla i would like it and i would wear it. definitely a winter fragrance, but can be either a dry or moist winter. daytime is okay if you dont overdo it. i think okay for workplace, more business attire than business casual. if it is being worn casual then i imagine tight jeans and a $70 t-shirt with sunglasses.

my husband likes it but i wont be buying it for him, since he isnt that type of guy.

nicholas.covich
nicholas.covich

I'm both a perfume collector and whiskey taster. I know smell is subjective, but Spicebomb is a masterpiece and one of my signature fragrances. Let me tell you why.

The bottle is very high quality, very solid glass, excellent construction, stylish without being too gimmicky, and the sprayer is the best I have ever used.

Anyone who knows anything about the notes used to construct this fragrance should be able to recognize that some very popular, modern, well understood and recently mastered additions have been used in the development. Saffron and pink pepper have been inserted perfectly, the tobacco insert has a warm pipe tobacco feel to it, the touch of chilli/pimento and the warm gingery cinnamon notes. It is a real treat to be able to see some of the finest modern ingredients so well blended together.

The smell itself, not overly strong nor overly long lasting is a perfect daily wear throughout the year. It also plays out well on weekends because of its fun side. It is a clean, sweet easily accessible spicey smell. Ginger, cinnamon, pepper are all immediately evident. A touch of creamy vanilla and green spicey notes. Candy sweetness. Red creaming soda. Cotton candy, pink. The use of saffron is high calibre. Slight clove tobacco and syrupy.

A special and well blended fragrance, what else can you smell?

markkkkkkkk4444
markkkkkkkk4444

Too much Spicy, not very sweet..dislike..

CaptainKotatsu
CaptainKotatsu

Smells overwhelmingly sweet, like a carpet deodorizing powder.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this is a sweet spicy frag very easy to wear personally i would prefer this to a-men imho too much sweet for my tastes

6,5/10

suestjack

My winter favorite, this girl loves this juice!

suestjack

My winter favorite, this girl loves this juice!

Blackburn
Blackburn

great sense and a spectacular bottle i like the notes.. it's a winter fragance love it <3

salvelinus
salvelinus

Tonka Bomb!

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

My initial fear was it being too strong and really for clubbing. But once I got a full bottle blinded I had a wonderful surprise. Spicebomb is not all that that hype talks about. It is sweet, but not too much. Reminds me of MKors for Men but nicer and more uptodate. The tabacco note resembles others like EdB, J Bogart pH, but again nicer and friendier and smooth. There are some florals but very subdue and not feminine at all. Cinnamon and woods feel like DsQ2 Potion in the final phase. It is never loud, never too this, never too that. and most of all it is a comfortable scent. All season, too. Perhaps not for the hottest of days during daytime in the high Summer. But as the sprayer releases a sort of mist, it can be controlled enough to wear in the Summer, too. All in all, I couldn't be happier. And I will make a lot of use from my 150ml bottle before the end of the year.

To those who say it is artificial, I desagree immensely. The quality of Spicebomb is what really puts it apart from all the other smell-alikes. Also, it is so classy I can't imagine it in a night club. Sorry.

Edt.: at the base the vetiver does resembles Encre Noire although they are very different scents, I must say. Anyway, Spicebomb is a very good fragrance from top to bottom.

mimi88
mimi88

I love it on my boy, actually i bought it for him, but we both do smell cherries with rum here. when he sprayed it for the first time i said what a gourmad smell it makes me want to eat, because i feel something deliciuos and he said - cherries and actually i do really smell them here even i knew from the first that there no in the notes

hacker2005xp
hacker2005xp

Average fragrance at best. Its good but not bottle worthy. All I get is cinamon and pink pepper, its not too sweet nor too spicy.Pure Havane or Taste of Fragrance do it better and a more complex. Pass for me.

silverpetals
silverpetals

I gave this to my boyfriend as an anniversary gift as a blind buy and my gosh it's absolutely divine... Warm, spicy and slightly sweet... very sexy indeed and the bottle looks great too. :)

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

This was a blind buy for me, and i'd have to say i'm pretty pleased with it.

Opening notes you get a big hit of the pink pepper, and a lot of the sweetness in the opening is reminiscent of paco rabanne's one million, due to the grapefruit i assume (except better i think, without being overpowering). After the top notes settle down a bit, you still get the sweetness and the pepper - however the cinnamon, and even the tobacco start to come into play a bit more.

When you get down to the basenotes, i noticed the tobacco and leather making their presence felt the most, giving it a nice masculine feel. Overall, i felt like this was quite a good fragrance, different enough to make you stand out in a crowd.

Edit: since posting this review, the scent has grown on me even more! however for me personally, the longevity only seems to be a few hours.. that's the only real issue i have with this juice.

petranfx
petranfx

i find this in price of 55 euro and i dint buy it and i buy lolita lempicka au masculinin price of 45 euro.I am such an idiot

RobbieX

My sister bought this for my 60th birthday present. I'm really glad she did. Spicebomb is a distinctive spicy long lasting fragrance that is unique. Staying power and sillage are both great. It's quite expensive but it's worth it. The cinnamon and tobacco are blended beautifully. The drydown is a sweet leather with spices with a slight medicinal note that is lovely. Great winter-time masculine fragrance.

warlockss
warlockss

was waiting inline to use the ATM and could smell this awesome scent it was coming from the guy infront of me , well i was too embarrased to ask him what frag he was wearing but i had a feeling it was this from reading all the reviews in the past on what good frags are out there so i said to my self that smell has got to be SPICEBOMB . It smelled so awesome the same day i went to buy this for myself , got to the shop and to my surprise couldnt beleive how much this stuff cost ? i paid $125 retail for 90ml but damn its worth it . got back in the car and ripped the packaging open and sprayed like crazy on me LOL and YEP it was the same smell .
ok what it smells like to me its got nothing on 1 million ok.
this smells similar to thierry mugler pure havane, in the beginning it starts off smelling like a fizzy sweet cokacola bubblygum cinnamon tobacco vanilla smell as it dries down then the projection begins and wow . if theirry mugler pure havane put cinnamon into theirs then these 2 would be identical . so i would be safe to say spicebomb is like pure havane but with added cinnamon and more sweetness .
longevity with spicebomb doesnt last too long sadly i put like 5 sprays each on my skin and clothes lasted maybe 3 hours max then starts wearing off , its one of those frags that i keep applying constantly cos i love the smell of cinnamon . if your looking for another similarity to this i would recomend ted lapidus blacksoul IMPERIAL . its the bottle with the gold lid and gold writing , that stuff is just pure lovely roasted cinnamon christmas kind smell too .

jason s
jason s

it's my go to winter going out frag- warm, feel good, not too strong, but nice.
FYI package leaks and the decoration comes off when in contact with the fragrance.

erica.c
erica.c

I recently sprayed this on paper to see if it would be a nice scent to gift my boyfriend. After letting the paper dry, I smelled warm cinnamon and leather... I don't know what got into me but I was so intrigued by the scent that I sprayed it on myself. Verdict: I LOVE it on me! I asked for a sample and have been wearing it everyday since. I think females can pull off this scent; you just have to own it and be confident because people WILL ask you what you are wearing.

RIVI1969

Love at first smell. The right combination of spice and sweet without falling in the gourmand category. it is perfect for fall because adds a warm touch to a cold day like this one. Last long on me and my wife loves it, what else do I need? One of my new favs :))

nardcornish
nardcornish

This Fragrance makes me sneeze continuously. Even my partner can't wear it without setting me off. Does anyone know which ingredient in it could be causing this?

banks1124
banks1124

I tested this once and didn't like it. Lately my tastes have been changing so I thought this was worth another try. I was planning on getting a sephora sample but actually found a 50ml at TJ Maxx for $40. I took advantage of the deal and am giving it the first real wear today. An hour and a half in and I'm happy. I don't love it but it's not bad and has a place in my wardrobe. Glad I didn't pay full retail.
Cool bottle but kind of a novelty thing. Not very serious but whatever. I'm sure the bottle and marketing campaign impacted sales.
I'll give a full review later but so far lots of cinnamon, saffron, and sweetness. I get the chili smell too. I think it's a must try

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

You know, I have heard and heard about this frag but never had the pleasure to try it myself, until yesterday. After having tried it I have to say I am quite pleased. Warm, calm and inviting; it feels a bit like Christmas morning to me.

Opening: mmmm...Peppery sweet. Thats the best I can describe it. Citrus winds its way to sweet cinammon and saffron beautifully. Hint of tobacco and leather, giving the smell mysterious depth.

Sillage: Good, 1-3 feet for 3-4 hours for me.

Longevity: I find it will last about 4 hours on me.

Gripes: I really cant find much to gripe about. Other than it could last longer.

Best for: I feel that it is going to be best for cooler weather, and cooler months. Though I am sure it can work well as a year-rounder. It has a really classy vibe. Very versatile fragrance.

Overall: I love it. Its simple but it's really wonderful because it's not trying to be a "hey look at me" frag. It doesn't resemble 1 Million at all to me. 1 Million is a cacophony of syrup, leather and tragedy. Hanae Mori HIM (which I own), feels more watered down, less brave, less peppery, more mature and less playful. This is one that I want in my collection very soon.

dmirror
dmirror

Spice bomb is ok it's a little too sweet but ok I liked it a little better last year when I first smelled it but now it's a little too feminine i'm actually smelling polo red and spice bomb side by side right now and I like polo red a little better

ses101
ses101

This is a classy smell which is also quite strong and long lasting. It has similarities to my Pace Rabanne One Million with a spicy twist thrown in. It might be expensive but it will last you a while! I got a free sample from the Victor & Rolf site and was very impressed.

naimhusni
naimhusni

This might sounds the same as a few comments below.

Yes, the spiciness and sweetness is like 1 Million by Paco Rabbane.

But I like this better since the base note has more intensity and deeper than 1 Million.

Everytime wears it, people would be asking because of the outrageous and awesomely scents straight to their noses.

For me, 1 Million is for a boy, Spicebomb is for a guy.

Overall rating: 9 /10

rajeev
rajeev

the name says it all. truly.
it's spicy combination of pink pepper, tobacco, leather & bergamot.
n it's continuous explosion of bliss.
NOTHING LIKE ANYTHING.
OUTFU€#*NSTANDING!

Seanery

Also: I don't know how people are making the determination that V&R aren't original but if that is a given, I would say that they made the sent BETTER. And I would argue that there is nothing wrong with making a better product.

Seanery

I prefere Spicebomb over 1 Million.

Spicebomb and 1 Million both utilize some of the same ingredients, however, 1 Million is brighter and sharper while Spicebomb is deep, dark, and sweet.

You can do a side-by-side comparison and see that about 1/2 of the ingredients they share are the same, but as compositions, they are different entirely. Also consider the ratios that were used. I feel that Spicebomb used larger ratios of the Middle and Base notes while 1 Million used larger ratios of the Top and Middle notes. ( I don't know this for a fact, but based on what I am picking up from both scents, that is my guess).

Lastly, if my opinion doesn't bear any weight, consider that Spicebomb won 2 FiFi awards for this year [2013], which is judged by professionals who have been in the industry for a long time. I know that the awards aren't necessarily given away based on scent alone but the fact that they considered it twice MUST indicate that there is a preference for it and that it has some worth to it.

ian85

I think it's the main problem of V and R: never, never never original... Not bad ( not always!), but already smelt... Nothing new under the sun.
Sur un air de déjà vu.

Agungt
Agungt

Absolutely love this fragrance!! It has enough spiciness combined with gourmand scent. It is easily ranked the top of my winter fragrances. I tried this Spicebomb on humid and hot weather, and it didn't last long in my skin. This fragrance has excellent longevity and projection during cold season.

drakecito
drakecito

I too think that it has been reformulated.Now is softer than the first version that came out to the market.
This is a spicy-tobacco watered down fragance. Light and with poor personality.
Nice bottle and good publicity, which seems to be what makes the perfumes sold today ...

scent: 5/10
Sillage: 4/10

P.D.:
If you like spicy fragances, you must try "Caravelle Epicee" from Frapin.

federfigo5
federfigo5

I really dig the chilli and sweet tobacco notes in this fragrace, but I don't know why they called it Spicebomb and shaped the bottle like a granade. This is a subtle fragrance, it's more a conceptual bomb than an actual one. The drydown is metallic, sexy and mysterious. Love it!

Broseph
Broseph

I like this smell much but bottle is danger. I am care not to pull out pin!

fresh_scents

Whenever I visit a particular department store, I can always smell Spicebomb in the air. It makes for a great air freshener! For the final time, I gave myself a spritz and left the store. It has a HORRIBLE base note or notes, to my nose, that refuse to take a back seat and allow you to enjoy Spicebomb's pleasant top and middle notes. This continued for hours.

I strongly suggest that they reformulate this fragrance. It could very well be that tobacco note that I just don't find appealing.

Rating: Two thumbs down.

Layzie
Layzie

Pepper and cinnamon are the most prominent notes. It's a very sweet fragrance that suits my girlfriend much better than it does me, which is the reason it's in her collection. I like the smell of it, but I don't feel comfortable with this perfume, as if I were "attempting to wear it" instead of actually "wearing it." It just doesn't suit me. Spicebomb is sexy on women who can pull this one off, though!

kellzparker
kellzparker

it's just a smell like paco rabanne i million. it is too strong and ladies don't get attracted to the scent.

Cobray
Cobray

Does anyone know anything about the newer SPICEBOMB Titanium Edition?? Is it exactly the same juices just different bottle or perhaps alot stronger? its about $5.00 more so Im guessing they changed something in this one...

CigarBen
CigarBen

Imagine 1 Million that fell into a vat of holiday spices. Boom. Spicebomb.

clausa
clausa

Hoo! god but as compared with this fragrance gentlemen egoiste refine their nose ....... :O

sflores777
sflores777

NO! this stuff is definitely a bomb but a bomb you dont want to smell like. IT way overbearing and the stuff doesnt come off your skin. IT has spices in it but doesnt blend well to me.

Frietjem
Frietjem

I just love this one! I got a free sample of it, tried it and fell in love with the smell! I have had so many compliments!

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

I now live in the Philippines were we only have 2 seasons, hot and rainy. I love this cologne when I was using it during cold summer nights in Northern California. The sweetness is perfect for cold summer nights.
Now that I live in a tropical country, I am very careful of using this cologne. I only use it during rainy nights and I just put two sprays, one on my wrist rubbed together and one on my neck rubbed by my wrist. I have never tried or dare using this during daytime here. I don't want to stand out and really don't want people 30 feet away from me smelling my cinnamon scent.
Overall a great cologne for colder weather.
Don't be afraid to use this in a hotter weather, because I've got LOTS of compliments here in a tropical country. Just don't spray too much.

My overall rating 8/10

elcason
elcason

i love the Bottle but not the scent..i think it similar to CK Shock..correct me if i'm wrong..

34THN13
34THN13

Bubblegum + Hugo Boss In Motion + YSL La Nuit de L'Homme = Spicebomb ! Love or hate fragrance again... I don't like this stuff but bottle so good.

Valfar
Valfar

I must say i love Spicebomb very much. This was a blind-buy based on reviews and recommendations. This is a "cinnamon bomb"!It smells like cinnamon rolls! If you don't like cinnamon you might not like this. Although many claim that they have monster sillage and longevity, on my skin is not that powerfull. It projects very strong for the first 2 hours and then gets close to skin for another 6 hours max. I don't know if i get olfactory fatigued. I did wore this 3 days in a row and constantly trying to get whiffs of it so, maybe it projects and lasts longer than i can perceive. Overall, i do love this one so much, the smell overfulfilled all my expectations! This one definitely goes in my top 5! It is actually very similar with Burberry London, but this one is more sweeter. You will also find some similarities with 1 Million and Pure Havane, they kinda share the same vibe.

roll4fun
roll4fun

When I reflect upon my inner arm spray test of "Spicebomb" yesterday evening, two things come to mind.
First thing is the story of a restaurant patron who mentions to manager that he enjoys steak dinners, whereupon the next morning awakens to find a herd of cattle grazing in his front yard, courtesy of the manager. I imagine that the folks at V&R got some cinnamon fan letters, and responded a la the proverbial tale to create "Spicebomb".
Yes, there are some cinnamon fans out there, nothing is held back here on initial cinnamon blast. There is a hint of some other notes, especially pepper, so this isn't one - dimensional.
However, it doesn't take very long for Msrs. pepper, etal, to combine to make some unpleasant things happen. Within 15 minutes or so, frag odor definitely moves into insect repellant territory, and stays there throughout most of the evolution. My perverse curiosity precludes me from inner arm scrubdown- I do manage to detect some leather/tobacco notes after 2 hours, but the bug spray doesn't go away.
By the 5 hour point, a female acquaintance confirms a close to skin projection only, and allows that the "fragrance" smells "interesting."
Oh, the second thing that comes to mind is that "Spicebomb" comes in a grenade shaped bottle. I'll endeavor to treat "Spicebomb" like a grenade with its pin pulled in future purchase decisions.

"I like my cinammon." I think that the individual at V&R who read these thoughts via telepathy must have been the same former steak restaurant manager who upon hearing that a patron really enjoyed eating steak arranged to have a herd of cattle grazing on his yard the following morning.
Yes, the name is a very apt description of the opening notes- most definitely got cinnamon on store test spray on arm. Nice so far like the steak lovers cattle surprise. But then, not so nice things happen. A basic awareness of initial pepper notes becomes more acute that within 30 minutes or so, frag moves into insect repellant smelling territory. My perverse curiosity precludes a scrubdown. After 2 hours, I notice the leather and tobacco notes creeping in a little. Still can't get rid of bugspray imprint.
Nearly 5 hours later, a female acquiantance confirms 6" scent projection, and allows that the fragrance smells "interesting." Not exactly a ringing endorsement. I'm passing on this overkill execution of notes.

Qeniphlex
Qeniphlex

Spicebomb is about the coolest perfume I have used to date. Or maybe not the coolest, but its definitely contending for that top spot.

It's got quite a unique fragrance - quite different from I million. I love the silage as well-just so fluid and captivating. Longevity is also of the essence but that's probably because I'm wearing it for the 1st time today.

kenny joseph
kenny joseph

Had a go at the spicebomb.on my skin its almost identical to the original 1 million I owned a few years back. Its also a little of lancome hypnose. If u a million lover dis feels a little more matured and complex 2 the nose. Its an upgrade in my opinion. Doesnt project like 1 million but good enough for half a day.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

Ok, I tried Spicebomb today at Nordstrom. There have been few fragrances that made me fall in love with them the moment I tried them. Diesel Fuel for Life was one of them. SB as well grabbed my attention. I will describe the scent but let me tell you that I loved it, BUT there are better spicy warm scents out there. There are at lest two from John Vervatos and La Nuit is another good example. Those alternatives are also cheaper than SB. Now let me get to the actual scent. I love the tobacco scent. The Spicy scent is the most obvious one, and although I dislike cinnamon scent, the blend of cinnamon with other spice and tobacco makes it very pleasurable. It is a strong, warm scent that I wouldn't wear it in warm weather. Whether is it seductive or not, I have no idea, but I think it is definitely modern masculine.

devynm
devynm

Last a long time and great sillage, but dang this stuff makes me sick, a form of spicy that I just don't enjoy.

Kaldau
Kaldau

tried this at a store a while ago. My first thought was "wow, sweet'n'spicy" and i wasn't sure if i liked it. On the street a couple of minutes later i caught a smell i knew. I didn't know who wore it or what perfume it was, but i really liked it. i began to cycle home and on the way i still smelled it. then it hit me. It was of course the Spicebomb i wore that reminded me so much of Burberry London. Though Spicebomb is a more spicy variant.
I quite like it, and i have never tried an EDT that lasted this long, i mean like 18 hours plus! unbelievable!

samatl74
samatl74

This is a fragrance that is a well blended combination of notes that will remind you of other fragrances. When I first smelled this it reminded me in all honesty of going into a a gift shop at Disney World. It has a clean spicy gift shop smell (and some of you may or may not know what I am talking about.) If you smell this and say ... hmm this stuff kinda reminds me of 1 Million...you would be right...or if you say Gucci Pour Homme II you would be correct, and I even get hints of Tobacco Vanill in this stuff. All three of those hints can be found in this cologne. I think its more interesting than 1 million and more fun to wear. Unique and interesting and a tobacco that reminds me of cedar. Enjoy this stuff, but don't over spray. More than three sprays with this and you will be "that guy".

at end
cant hold back i buy it )) love the bottle too

heehaw000
heehaw000

If you like spicy, sweet cinnamon, then look no further....this is your scent. Throw in a little tobacco and subtle woods in the background, and voila!

I can see where people say that this one is unisex. I see it as more of a masculine, but it is definitely bordering unisex at the very least.

It's a nice scent, very pleasing and well done. It's too sweet for my tastes, but for those who like sweet scents, this could be for you. Projection and longevity on my skin are excellent. I also like the bottle that this one comes in...very creative.

fooluae

note its on name bomb of a lot of spices with mix with sweet almost woodsweet and rosyy in strom

hello
want to say about these epic

to me its masterpiece and most ppl that smell it well know what i mean

am man not lot on spices tobaco thing when i see note here

but these one show me an uniq art of transformer smell
it dont neeed expart nose u will fell it on first smell magic transformer smell many spices sweet woody flowery silky rosy its like they go on line on sec

i call the art of transformer smell
if u dont like fresh u will smell hoty
if u dont like sweet u will smell wood
if u dont like clean u will smell also heavy
if u dont like rose u will smell limon
u cant run u most like some of many scents of smell
they all running same time jumping to each other cant say more

the only thing it make me rely sad of these
its soooo weak its seem for hour also sail not for to charm other only same time u spry
but i will buy it anyway hope the house remake these one

effect18
effect18

They finally have this at Macy's!!! It's basically a cinnamon bomb. If you want to smell like cinnamon, buy this. Unfortunately, this scent doesn't have any complex character to it. It's sweet cinnamon, and not much more else. That being said, I can see myself working this into the rotation. Used sparingly, it has a nice warm lovable charm to it. Too many sprays and you'll absorb all the breathable air in the room

V&R spicebomb

Again another updated review...I instantly liked this when it came out but thought it was just okay and I'd bide my time before getting a bottle.
Now that I have I'm absolutely intoxicated by it.
I expected Spicebomb to be very extreme peppery and dry when I first
Saw it, something I like but not when it's lacking sweetness or a citrus dimension or something else to lift it.
This for me is a perfect balancing act of spicy, sweet, cinnamony almost festive mulled wine feel to it. Warming, subtle and gorgeous on my skin, huge projection and sillage for hours...a great fragrance and very definitely growing to be a favourite of mine.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

SWEETBOMB

If you like spicy candy - you've found your signature fragrance.

Perfect for Halloween.

Much more trick than treat.

Geordieboy
Geordieboy

When i first tried this i didnt like it at all, after a few weeks i tried it again and fell in love with it. It is awesome. It reminds me of freshly baked cinnamon pretzels. I find it a very unique fragrance that wont be for everybody. Do not spray to much as it is powerfull and the chilli in it will make your eyes water with to much of it on lol

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Warm, spicy and sexy. There is a hint of sweetness but the spice notes are just so

wonderful. As a woman, I like it!

Again...I'm not usually one to bang on about bottle design as with this one it's not hard to see how they came up with the name/gimic/branding.
However it's totally insignificant if you like the fragrance...but the bottle resembles a hand grenade...how cool is that?
Very I think!
As for the fragrance? I've only had a small tester of it so it's not fair to give a final judgement and although it didn't instantly grab me (as I thought it would) it didn't repell me either.
Not quite the explosion of spice I'd anticipated but I definitely mean that in a good way.
A very nice balance that has a place in anyones collection.

Mansour Hamad

this is my second review on this frag. while testing it in the past month, so far I found it smells like a BBQ sauce with honey.. in a good way

parfumfetiche
parfumfetiche

Very syrupy sweet scent at the opening and does have PR One Million vibe to it. I like the dry down better after the sweetness is toned down a bit. I guess the sweetness is coming from elemi. I recently bought a Lux Secret Bliss shower gel that has elemi oil in it and it does smell like the one in this. Moderate only projection and longevity on my skin. Not quite the spice bomb I would say in terms of projection and longevity. Having said that, the scent still gets 4 out of 5 from me. I like it!

dbrii24
dbrii24

I'm a woman and I personally do not find this masculine at all. After seeing descriptive words in ads like "aggressive, explosive and manly" I was expecting Spicebomb to be masculine bomb. Not the case here. This is unisex and completely UNaggressive. To be honest, I find it semi-sweet, spicy and warm. I like it a lot but I'm the type of woman who enjoys spicy fragrances and shys away from the sweet stuff. For example, I'm not a fan of Spicebomb's female ancestor Flowerbomb.

Regardless of its masculinity meter, SB is a great fragrance and the tobacco note is so nice. I'm not getting a bottle because I already have my share of more well rounded spicy scents, but I think it's really good juice!

LADIES, DO NOT FEAR SPICEBOMB. Try it!

nikitosss
nikitosss

Tested a sample! Felt in love with it! Going to buy a full bottle!

P.S. On my skin it sounds like cherry jam!

Deefit
Deefit

I wanted to share an experience with you. I love this fragrance and have used it many times, but never during summer or hot days. Today I tried it during the day in 35 degrees celsius. Somehow it really reminded me of Kenzo Tokyo, strange.

cologne guy 2010
cologne guy 2010

i personally love this. projects well and smells great. lasting time is good. 8.5/10

paralataringa
paralataringa

the perfect frag for christmas, the only problem its that you are going to smell like everything else

Asty
Asty

My husband smells amazing when he wears this. I like aftershaves that are unique smelling, this is one of them. A very 'moreish' scent.

Mansour Hamad

I bought a sample of this and thank God I didnt buy a bottle of this blindly. the scent is alright, to me it has a same opening and drydown no versatile in scent at all, I smelled only chilli and cinnamon from the beginning to the end and it doesn't last long, I get like a three hours on my skin and fades away.
scent:8
longevity:6
sillage: 7
overall:7

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This smells so good, BUT I think that this scent is almost too sweet for most men. I feel like this scent could smell good on the right body chemistry though...or even on women :)

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I personally like the scent..but it doesn't last long and fades..must be different batches as I've seen some say it lasts long..I'm wearing it in Florida in the summer and it doesn't last

melissa3888
melissa3888

So I hilariously thought that is was BRILLIANT marketing with a hunky guy schlepping another V&R for women. Ha! Joke's on me. At Nordie's it was sharing the tray with flowerbomb, so I test drove it and liked it-not enough to buy it, but thought it had unisex possibility. Although I can wear some heavy-hitters, like Serge Luten Ambre Sultan.

A female co-worker is looking for a replacement for the discontinued CK Obsession EDP, as the EDT has poor longevity on her. She liked the spice in SB, but it has more sweet & fruit than Obsession for Women. So, be warned.

Just like many women find Flowerbomb heavy-handed and Willy Wonka Factory sweet, SB will not work on every man--it will depend on the interaction with your chemistry.
But if it works on you, (and you're single) give me call! ;D

Migalex
Migalex

A slightly less cloying version of 1 million. How many more versions is 1 million going to inspire? Personally, I do not understand at all the popularity of this type of scent. One or two versions would be enough, I think.

meama
meama

148) Un miraculé (a survivor)
It seems that there has been change in the offices of the perfume division of Viktor & Rolf (ie L'Oreal) because after a vulgar Flower Bomb, a tasteless and depressing Antidote and Eau Mega, this Spice Bomb seems to not really belong to the same brand as its predecessors. After a few pitfalls, they want to change the recipe, and the result is stunning.
An intensive, sweet and refined spices bouquet swinging between a sparkling starting of citrus and hot pepper, and an exquisite creamy leather, saffron and ambery hookah almost worthy of a Hermessence (well, let's not exaggerate, but almost).
This is Olivier Polge (Dior Homme!, Kenzo Power, Midnight in Paris) who repeats his perfect mastering of male sensuality between spices and powdery greedy notes which he alone has the secret, without false virility complex, and reinventing at each launch a true original and addictive creation.
Unfortunately he then participated in the creation of this vile La Vie Est Belle, probably the worst thing that could happen to the world of perfume(I imagine that only the acquisition of Guerlain by Berlusconi could be worse than that).
But Oh Miracle!! this 5 July 2013 Chanel has officially announced the arrival of Olivier Polge as a perfumer in his own perfume laboratory, with Christopher Sheldrake and Jacques Polge, which is none other than his father. Hope that his talent will no longer be purchased on projects as despicable as La Vie est Belle or Invictus.
Bonne Chance Olivier.

weasel
weasel

Just arrived at my country (Portugal) and is already my SC its a wonderful semell well done V & R

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Spicebomb is a high-performing spicy, sweet, and aromatic fragrance for men.

SB projects heartily, but does so mostly during the first hour. After that it tones down and projects moderately and sumptuously, with dignity and gallantness. Many people report that SB goes skin-scented on them after 4 hours. On some people, however, SB performs like an EDP.

When you first apply it, the spice (cinnamon, pepper, paprika, saffron) and the citrus (bergamot and grapefruit) notes hit you vibrantly. Besides the cinnamon there is another sweet note in the mix, which I am suspecting is the elemi note. I read it is a sweet resin from a tree of the family of myrrh and frankincense that grows in the Pacific. This resin has many applications in the fragrance and medical industries, but it is also used in the Philippines, for example, as a mosquito repellant. This sweetness smells faintly like the one in citronella to me--not a bad thing as I like citronella.

After a couple of minutes, the top citrus notes subside, leaving you in a redolent cloud of spice. The base notes are obviously there, but I don't see one note overpowering the other, except for the tobacco, which has a little edge. The tobacco is sweet and fresh; however it smells a little synthetic to me.

Overall this is a handsome fragrance for any man between the ages of 21 and 50. I don't see SB suitable for high-schoolers or very mature men.

The bottle is a jewel.

The nose behind SB is Olivier Polge. He is the nose behind Christian Dior Pour Homme and Vancliff & Arpels Midnight In Paris among many other mentionable fragrances from many big houses. For those who are not giving positive credits to SB, you may have to check out this man's credentials.

I rate Spicebomb 8/10. This is a high score for me. I would have given a higher score if it had not been for its synthetic vibe.

grdowntown2020
grdowntown2020

If you like your cologne loud, obnoxious and attention getting, then wear this. I am sure that some people can wear it well. I just don't want to be in the room with them and I certainly don't want that person in my bed. Not for me or anyone I am likely to sleep with.

kevdg18
kevdg18

Smells like potpourri in a bowl u get from the department store.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

Let's all stand around Spicebomb and applaud mediocrity.

sussex2
sussex2

I'm guessing this smells quite different depending on the time of year it is worn and the person wearing it. I'm using it for the first time on a warm summer's day. I like it a lot already.

The opening is loud, very sweet and, of course, spicy. Some people might find this overpowering. Not me. I like all things sweet and spicy: from warm and fragrant cinnamon swirls to sticky baklava via the most sugary of Indian hand made sweets. The main spice note is cinnamon which is also fine by me.

Once the “bomb” phase has run its course things settle down. The volume is turned from high to medium and the various parts mix and blend. From this point on it smells like a sweet and woody pipe tobacco.

This fragrance did that thing that scents can easily do. It conjured a snippet from the past. I was taken back to childhood days and drawing with coloured pencils. The sweet and waxy lead rubbing off in thick lines on the paper. The smell of fresh wood shavings from the pencil sharpener.

I would perhaps never have tried Spicebomb if I hadn't been sent a free sample. I had formed the prejudiced opinion that it would be a loud and crude fragrance. Instead, once it has dried down I find it to be a beautiful, sweet and almost delicate fragrance. I would recommend trying first before making a purchase especially if you don't have a sweet tooth.

willbear
willbear

like this a lot not a long laster on me but it works on my skin and has a nice spiced kick to it will say this the bottle could look better

RUDOLFO512

My second review on this fragrance. Wow! I sprayed it on this morning (EST) at 8:00 am, it is now 2:00 pm and I can still smell it. I got many compliments from co-workers. I love it!!

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

I am not a fragrance expert but having an average nose, the drydown just doesn't work well on my skin and it smells cloying in a nauseating way but that's just my opinion of it.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Performance is excellent (sillage and longevity), but this isn't enough to make up for what comes across to me as a cheap common fragrance of the type that Next, adidas, or some other 2nd division name dabbling in fragrances might release. Sorry folks. Unrefined, unimpressive, and just a little boring.

Not quite what I expected by the name, yet there is certainly some spice (namely cinnamon) mixed with sweetness. I find it similar to JPG Le Male only Le male is slightly more masculine and holds more depth. To me, Spicebomb is very easily wearable by women. it's very gentle and softly floral with a spice background, but not heavy or rich. Sadly, it felt like something was missing to make it a favorable men's fragrance. As a women's fragrance, it is lovely and just spicy enough....It starts out sweet and cola like for the first 15-20 minutes. After about 30-45 mins, it peaks at a blend of all it's elements in perfect harmony and stays there for a couple hours. At its last phase, it smells like breakfast! I get cinnamon French toast, yum!

I wish I had gotten more of the tobacco and leather, I didn't really get either one- maybe on another day. Worth checking out for the ladies....sorry gents, we're taking this one!;)

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

I love this scent! Alas, my husband hates it. I enjoy trying scents created for men, and this has been my favorite male colgne of all time. On me, the fruit bursts forth immediately, and slowly dissapates into a spicy warm scent. This is perfect for rainy days spent inside reading by the fire place. My husband has an ultrasensitive nose and can get migranes from deodarant and hair gel if they are too strong. While I find this as a moderate sillage cologne he is overwhelmed by the sweet fruit forwardness of it. This is too bad- he smells ultra sexy in it, and I turn an alpha lioness when I spritz it on him. His loss!

ayslan5
ayslan5

One million son!!!!!ahahahahha

chilicocoa
chilicocoa

my new signature perfume! perfect combination of rich and warm notes , not overused perfume , i feel unique wearing it .Plus the bottle is soo cool !

Opinions seem rather divided on this one, and I can see why. Depending on whether my sensitivity is high or low I can imagine myself perceiving it in very different ways. One way would be as a subtle version of 1 Million, while another would be as a younger version of Michael for Men (Kors). Or as a more mature version of Taste of Fregrance! And this is a bit irritating, as it seems like a "Best of the..." album in pop music. It's surely got enough tonka for at least two scents! If you want more go for Bogart Pour Homme, but if you want a little of this and a little of that, sample this one. It is certainly spicy and well blended; I was surprised that it didn't come across as too "synthetic" though. Overall, I did enjoy it to some degree, but would I reach for it rather than the many others I own when I want leather or tobacco or spice? I'm not a fan of the kind of musk used here but like everything else in this scent, if not used to excess.

Jfreshon
Jfreshon

A more affordable version of Tobacco Vanille.

juanma
juanma

Quiero probar esto ya que me gustan las fragancias dulces. Espero que no sea tan empalagoso.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This could easily be a woman's perfume, it's very sweet and almost edible. I think it's a spicy sweet gourmand. Expensive for what it is, but also addictive. I like it, but if I were a man I'd have to mix it with something very dry and strong on the woods to tone down this sugar.

browne54
browne54

NOT AT ALL WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. I sampled SB at Nordstrom's this afternoon and am taken aback. It is so overtly sweet. It reminds me of some type of candy but I just cant seem to place it. Just because I dont care for it does not mean this is a bad fragrance. It is very well blended, as one should expect for paying $95/3 oz. I was very excited to sample it because of the notes. I adore leather and tobacco, and love Oliver Polge, but they are sooooo drowned out from the overdone sweet cinnamon. In addition I was expecting some actual spicyness to this one. I can faintly detect the chili pepper, faintly. If only they could bring the pepper out a bit, push back a little on the sweetness. This fragrance reminded me far too much like PR's 1 Million in terms of the sweet/spicy but at least this one does not smell as synthetic or disgusting. For my personal taste I would never wear this but if you do happen to be one of the millions who like 1 Million (aha aha) then I would sample this, especially if you are the "club scent kinda guy" it might be exactly what you wanted accomplished.

chib
chib

love it!

Young gent
Young gent

I love spice and enjoy sweetness (the latter mainly on women), but Spicebomb is sickeningly sweet and too involved. One of few fragrances that make me recoil :S

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Spicebomb is not quite what I had been expecting. There is nothing scratchy or dry about this scent and nothing that says 'spice rack' to me.
Spicebomb smells thick, smokey and somewhat spicey but without any real piquancy to my nose. It also has a resinous kind of sweetness to it which makes it extremely pleasant. The leather note is warm and mutes the spices quite a lot, and the tobacco has that chewing tobacco stickiness to it, sweet in the way that raisins are. The cinnamon note is more like expensive cinnamon sticks than Big Red gum and was blended in well.
The scent that this reminded me forcibly of was Serge Lutens Five O'Clock au Gingembre, but this is heavier and far more viscous and very linear. I don't feel like this compares much with TF Tobacco Vanille asides from being another strong and tobacco dominated scent. Tobacco Vanille is far sweeter and almost syrupy.
I've been enjoying wearing this ("borrowed" from boyfriend)and find it can easily be unisex, which is a nice plus. Should probably be reserved for cooler weather though, the sillage is not to be trifled with. Really quite impressed.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is litteraly a spicebomb bursting with nearly all kind of spices with some "herbs"? Anyway i don't like to smell like some kind of spice shop! Not for me at all! The cinammon is great though but everything else just kills it!

N.B: This is just my personal opinion... Plz try it you might like it! ;)

jht4060
jht4060

Usually one expects taudry to masquerade as elegant. Rarely does one find elegance hiding behind a tacky storefront, outside of the occasional antique store. The name, the bottle, the ads, and the traditional purchase base of 1 Million (young, reckless, brain dead) all suggest that this will be a brash blast of cinnamon or clove, the Rodney Dangerfield of men's perfumes.

Instead Victor&Rolf Spicebomb is a restrained and complex warm scent. It manages to be spicy without any major notes of cinnamon, clove, or cardamom that are most often used. There are some great spice scents built around those notes (Boucheron Jaipur Homme for cinnamon, YSL La Nuit de L'Homme for cardamom come to mind), but it is refreshing to find something different. There is some sweetness, some pepper, and some chili-like paprika note, and some cinnamon, but to me this is what I would imagine amber to smell like if it were spicy. Yes, that's it - this is a spicy amber. I think everyone votes for cinnamon on the notes because it is the most familiar note that is similar to spicy amber. Well, maybe that is just my fantasy but I am sticking with it. The base has some tobacco and wood with the remnants of spice fading slowly. Not much vetiver or leather to my nose. Excellent longevity. I should think Spicebomb will appeal to women as well. By the way, if you are buying on-line, the bottle looks as if it would be horribly tacky but it is really not so bad - nice heavy glass with solid fittings and the stupid grenade pin is removable, without explosion.

My inner paranoid conspiracy theorist suspects that Victor&Rolf has joined a secret cartel whose hopeless purpose is to introduce sophisticated scent to the masses.

ily_sb
ily_sb

Great smell and very long lasting! I sprayed it for a test in an airport perfumery after reviewing the notes, and immediately liked it ... 6 hours later after the flight and checking in at the hotel I noticed the whole room started to smell like Spicebomb so I decided to buy the 90ml - very happy with both smell and longevity!

Gamekingz0r1
Gamekingz0r1

Does it smell similar to 1 Million or GPH2? No for me this smells totaly differend. I only get the spicyness of this fragrance in the beginning after it settles down i'm left with a nice smooth sweet scent, sweet but not too sweet. Lasting power and sillage are excellent so be carefull on the sprayer.

kazewayz
kazewayz

I'd have to say one day I like it the other day I'm not sure. It just doesn't convince me. Too pricy for what the juice is btw. It's sweet and comforting didn't get any spice out of it, good for night time. Doesn't really stay long on skin. But if sprayd on clothing it reeks, (and thats fine with me.) Hit and miss for me. Over hyped. This should be called SweetBomb.

alarios
alarios

I got a sample of this fragrance and tried it on. GROSS. I wouldn't wear it if you paid me. I gave it away.

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

El perfume es bueno, no es algo extraordinario pero es delicioso!! En mi opinion solo si tienes un cuerpo perfectamente torneado y definido puedes hacer resaltar este perfume, o tienes que ser un hombre gay chic y con un alto sentido de la moda. En serio, creo que en un gay iria de maravilla!! (Lo digo con respeto)
Al final en mi piel termina oliendo exactamente igual al Armani Code.

thomkallor
thomkallor

Don't get me wrong - this is a lovely and very worthy fragrance, and it tands out in a sea of "sporty" this and "aquatic" that......but after going through several Sephora samples and wondering why it was sooooo familiar....I bought a bottle of the original EGOISTE online - voila! Can't tell the difference. The bottle is a must-have, of course; and I call this SWEET not SPICY. I wouldn't mind if this became the predominating scent of men who wear fragrance on the streets of NY.....

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Got a tester of this one.
I was quite curious about it after reading the main accords an the perfume pyramid. Sounded like it could be really a fragrance for me.

After I sprayed it on, I was e bit.. confused. On my skin it smelled rather sweet than spicy, with vanilla wich doesn´t even appear in the pyramide.
On me there is not much spice. I can´t even clearly detect the cinnamon, that is prominent to most reviewers here.

The longevity is pretty low, at least on my skin. After nearly an hour I needed to put my nose on the skin where I sprayed it on just to get a hint of that it once might have been there. Sillage is quite as low. After using the WHOLE testing bottle I had a feeling of really wearing a perfume and not forgot to spray it on...

The scent itsself is nothing special to me. A bit to sweet on my skin, though. Can´t detect much of the spices, so I guess the name does not fit to this perfume.

The bottle is well designed (but deserves a better content in my opinion).

This one is not for me but might find its lovers as to most reviewers the sillage was heavy and longevity was long lasting. Perhabs it´s just my chemistry

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

You are sweettooth, this one juz like a younger brother of 1 Million.
Start out very impressive, but the dry down is just normal, nothing special to me.

outofocus
outofocus

Flowerbomb is not a flowery perfume but indeed Spicebomb is a spicy one.

Only that the spice is almost all cinnamon and that's pretty much all there is as a fragrance. I'm sorry I have not tried Tobacco Vainille but I think SB took its inspiration from a masterpiece: One Million which excels combining perfume and cinnamon, I love it. But unfortunately the inspiration went wrong this time around, I don't think it's worth it.

aeg8193
aeg8193

Sprayed this on in store after knowing not much about it and it smelt very familiar. After 5 minutes I realised it was tobacco vanille. Obviously TV is more natural and smells of better quality but to those that say the two are not similar - they definitely are

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

For me Spicebomb smells terribly synthetic.

The cinnamon note is cloying, the leather is like... artifical, and I hate tobacco. Oh, and pepper. How nice.

The bottle is... original.
Good longevity and sillage, but I'm afraid this one's not for me !

To the reviewers comparing Spicebomb with TF's Tobacco Vanille : Don't you dare !...

remik
remik

Spicebomb, really??

Very delicate and sweet cinnamon/bubblegum fragrance. Not offensive, but this smells like a little girl perfume, not a SPICE BOMB for *men*.

After about an hour it turns into nothing but a soft and very synthetic smelling flower aroma, or a budget brand fabric softener (the one in little sheets format, not liquid).

This is definitely not a scent for grown men. More suitable for pre-pubescent 8 year old boys and girls.

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Ooooohhh Yeeaaaah...I am a fan of Orientlal Spicy so I dig sweet...especially sweet powdery. That combo wears very well on my skin. Spice Bomb was love at first spritz...that first aroma to me is not warm but very cool, elegant, well blended pink pepper, tobacco, leather, slight spicy, with cinnamon/something hot. I love this...it's very special, because for me it sparkles/feels cool, like I just sprayed sweet spiced snowflakes...I feel very up when I wear this. Projection and sillage are excellent. I can very much understand how some people would think this is too strong, or too sweet. For me, all ingredients are blended so well it goes on smoothe and stays smoothe throughout. Later in the drydown, is the bergamot/citrus but that elegant sweetness is still around. I find it very cheerful, and people around me love it when I have this on. I bet this would be great aromatherapy for depression LOL

MikeDropIt
MikeDropIt

Top - perfect.

A sweet and spicy bubblegum feeling. It doesn't get better than this! :)

Mid - Okay

The sweet warm spicy bubblegum opening starts to die, leaving only the warmth of the spice to show it's real face. I can feel a hint of leather (I hate leather) and I can kind of see where this is going...

Base - horrible

This base is freaking disgusting. Dirty leather overload! Ugh.

So basically, it's love at first sniff. But as soon as the leather starts to show up (after about 2 hours) it's a catastrophe for the rest of it's duration.

Longevity is OK, 6-8 hours. After the 3rd hours it's simply just dirty leather.

Projection is strong for the first hours. It settles down on the skin pretty quickly tho.

This would have been a definite purchase if it wasn't for the leather. Damn you leather!

6/10.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Nothing special at all. Merely a poorly done rip-off of Gucci Pour Homme II which is in an entirely different stratosphere when compared to this new kid. This is the David Guetta or SHM of fragrances. It's for those who aspire, but still have no taste. For those who purchase hype over quality and originality. The first time I ever smelled this, I walked into Sephora properly wearing GPH II (which they no longer carry, thank God!) and I knew all the SAs could smell it on me and wanted to ask. haha! Nope, it's not Spicebomb, which is why you're so intrigued... Guys, do yourself a favour and purchase the magic blue juice, or... buy "the grenade". It blew up for a reason... It's a wonderful fragrance... if you haven't smelled GPH II. If you have, well... :/

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

Yes, it's cinnamon blast sweetened with the bubble-gummy sweet of the pink pepper. The cinnamon scent is neither like sniffing from a cinnamon stick or powder, nor like the cinnabun or cinnamon-roll-kind-of smell. It's different. It's spicy, sweet, and the leather notes make it smells like 'plasticky', and that what makes this fragrance unlike any other, and is one of the best in market for men.

I bet there must be Spicebomb Intense soon... Would grab a 'grenade' for sure!

I think, this is better worn in cold weather, because I find the cinnamon note tends to be sharper in hot weather, so does the sweet scent of the pink pepper making it a bit cloying.

Slain
Slain

Love.

My god. I am totally besotted by this fragrance. Has all the elements I love and crave; spicy, sweet and warm. And it lasts for ages.

I could write a longer review, but I'm too busy dousing myself in Spicebomb.

If you like spicy, but not in your face spicy like an Aramis would be, then buy this. This is a real winner.

malcner
malcner

Hmm...I don't really see what the hype on this one is all about? Sure, it's a nice warm, sweet fragrance....very sweet! In fact, the sweetness is right in your face from the start and I just can't get passed it. It is very similar to Dsquared2 Potion in that sense...too sweet, like cola or something. Too sickly for your body I reckon....It's like something I can imagine a teenage girl wearing. It lasts pretty good, but the dry down reminds me of pick n' mix or flavoured bubblegum. Not very masculine to me.
It sounds great, but it's overpowered by sweetness and there's too little spice or tobacco to keep me interested. A very young, uninteresting scent. Colabomb!

Na0

Leather, Tobacco, Spicy Notes. When I hear that words, I imagine an elegant man in its 30's-40's, leaning to a bar, silently, ogling secretly a beautiful woman.

Seduction by non-verbal language, all in the attitude.

And you know what ? That's exactly it. Even if you're ugly, uncharismatic and shy, if you wear it, you feel confident !

If I have to rename it, I called it "Seductivebomb", cause with it, you don't have to talk to intrigue.

For its intrinsic qualities, be reassured, its longevity and sillage are more than average, clearly !

EDIT : Oh and, I forgot, don't be "cheated" by the advert. That man don't represents that perfume AT ALL, in my opinion. Big mistake !

Pepper and cinnamon resting on a tin of tobacco. I was sort of hoping for a more exotic spice combo from Spice Bomb. It does have some bite to it, but also a lot of sweetness.
Frankly it reminds me of when you unroll a White Owl Cigarillo.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با درود
بسیار خوشبو و بی نظیر من که هرگز استشمام این عطر همچون ام سون و گوچی پور هوم سیر نمیشوم
رایحه ای گرم و دلنشین دارد
مردانه
جذاب
گرم و شیرین
کلاسیک و تاثیر گذار
مطمئنا از داشتن چنین عطری کسانی که از روایح وودی اسپایسی خوششان می آید بسیار لذت خواهند برد
با احترام
مهرداد

gd15329
gd15329

Meeeahh...
So much hype with this one. It's nice but, I've smelled better. Not to mention that I can accomplish MORE with my Joop! Joop! Homme when I do the "trick" with the right amount of pressure on the trigger. Much-much more...

Of course it's an ok fragrance... (but like I said, I have and I can do better)

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

farshad.mohebban
farshad.mohebban

your gonna get compliment whenever, wherever you wear it...;):)

Jenavira
Jenavira

Swoon, if you want big spicy goodness then this is place to look, and I mean that for either gender. Yummy cherry tobacco goodness but just a hint of citrus to keep it from becoming suffocating. I can see the resemblance with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille but unlike TV it does not go overboard into syrup town. Seriously, swoon worthy.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I am a lady open for men´s fragrances. Spicebomb is one of those "from the other side" which I can imagine on myself. The name suggests : spices all over. Yes !
A blast of peppery freshness, cinnamon and vanilla. And yes, it very much reminds me of Tobacco Vanille (I own that one) but much less sweet and syrupy. Spicebomb´s longevity cannot by any means match Tom Ford´s uber-scent, Spicebomb fades away within only a few hours. It´s an eau de toilette and my skin eats up edt´s fast but that could be ok for warmer weather then. However, the price of almost 60 Euro for 50ml EdT is rather high (Flowerbomb by V&R is quite expensive for a mainstream scent, too) and I am still not quite sure if I want to invest so much into this scent.
There is also a slight similarity to Baldessarini´s "Strictly Private" (in terms of the vanilla). Nice but there are others out there that can compete in price and longevity.

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

I agree with the previous comment.. definetly raw and sexual... While at the same time it brings back memories of lying with my head on my husband's chest. My mom and I were walking through Nordstroms and she freaked out when she smelled this (she's not normally into perfume of any sort). We both got samples... and I have to say that when my husband first tried it I loved it. It's strong and easy to fall into, unfortunately it is so powerfull that it is easily overwealming.

He tried it for a few days, and after a while neither of us wanted to be around it anymore. So do I love it, yes... are we going to buy it.. no.

crazyoney2k

very raw and sexual scent love it

stinkerweed
stinkerweed

A nice smooth and mellow scent. However it reminds me of Carlos Santana for men. I actually prefer Carlos. It has a better longevity and silage and doesn't cost as much. Besides a portion of the proceeds for Carlos go to charity. That said this is a fine fragrance with no sharp edges after dry down. Nice vannila pipe tobacco hints with cinnamon.

hazelnut
hazelnut

If Spicebomb was available as potpourri, room spray, carpet freshner, scented candles, incense, sachets, bubble bath, deodorant and shampoo.. I would buy them all and I would bath in it and have some of this fragrance in every room of my house. Oh, and my car too.

RickS1169
RickS1169

some people say this smells like TV from Tom Ford, others say like eau des baux from L'Occitane. i have not had the pleasure of smelling TV, but if it smells like a more luxurious version of this, then i would definitely be in! i get a sweet opening with the cinnamon, then it dries down to a leathery tobacco with the cinnamon in the background. IMO it did not remind me of eau des baux, which is incense and vanilla, but nonetheless a great scent!

nsquared
nsquared

This scent is absolute perfection. Cinnamon, pink pepper and sweet pipe tobacco. This wraps you in a cocoon of comfort. It's fresh, warm and inviting. It's not like the majority of men's perfumes on the commercial market and I applaud Viktor & Rolf for making a bold statement.

Not a huge fan of the gimmicky bottle, but regardless of that I want to smell like this for the rest of my life. My absolute favorite! 10/10!

janine76

Love this fragrance bought it for my fiance to wear on our wedding day, as my fav frag is Flowerbomb, the Spicebomb is so morish, I love it that much im tempted to wear it myself

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

The scent is somehow similar to Burberry London for Men...Almost identical, with different blend of scents... It took almost a day for me to recall my olfactory memory, and only this morning, when I was on my way to my workplace, I couldn't be wrong that this smells just like Burberry London.

I would rather say Spicebomb is not all about cinnamon, because the cinnamon scent is only detectable in the initial blast, quite strong and it reminds me of Zirh Ikon.

After few seconds, (less than 30 second I would say) the cinnamon scent dissappear, giving way to the other notes to take over esp. the sweet-rosy scent of pink pepper. The leather and tobacco notes are very subtle, and with everything else, this fragrance is bubblegummy sweet...

I adore the cool design of the bottle...

susieqrj
susieqrj

Smells just like Eau des Baux, from L'Occitane.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

As always, V&R hit the target!
Opens citrus and also spicy, cinnamon then takes over with a slight touch of saffron, refers to a shade of light.
This phase collapses with tobacco and leather, referring something of Tobacco Vanille, by far this similarity, but with its own flavor and delicious.
On drying, this aspect peppery, tobacco and leather is at times referring to 1 million, but very little, if not i would not have liked, gorgeous!

eludiastar
eludiastar

I blind bought this after reading many good reviews from females on here & on another website. I adore spicy fragrances & finding spice based fragrances that are actually aimed at females is difficult.
I received it only today & I already love it. It is VERY similar to Liz Earle botanical essence no. 15 that I already own (but that perfume hasn't been added to this website yet).
It is sweet & spicy with a soft musky undertone.

nightcat23
nightcat23

When I smelt this I was so surprised at how sweet it actually was! The pink pepper in this gives a real sharp sweetness that I didn't expect. I love the cinnamon and wished it wasn't overpowered by the pink pepper. I also wish that the leather and tabacco notes were more prominant as well. I wish it was more of a "Spicebomb" than a sweet bomb.

Saying all that though, I like it and think it would be sexy when combined with a masculine body chemistry.

This could definitely be unisex and be shared :)

RUDOLFO512

This cologne was a big surprise. I really do not like spicy colognes, but this one is very light and not overwhelming. I love the tobbacco and it smells very exotic and oriental. Perfect for a night out on the town.

ImanuelLe
ImanuelLe

When i first sprayed it on without knowing how it would smell like... the first sniff reminded me of something..

I thought of it the whole day and then it hit me:

Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier, a "spiced up" version if you wanna call it that.

It shares the same sweetness/vanilla-vibe (there isn't any vanilla in it though)

It is pleasent, projects well and lasts a good amount of hours on me.

An overall 7.5/10

Maya.ArroyoBurton
Maya.ArroyoBurton

I actually have worn this cologne and i love it!!!!

deeply11
deeply11

Beautiful.

After spices: Tobacco, tobacco and tobacco :(

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

Very sexy. Masculine, spicy and irresistable. Love this on my boyfriend.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

Very strong on initial blast off. Be careful of not overspraying. It initially reminds me of Big Red gum. The drydown is really nice but the initial is not so great. Definitely a spicy scent.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I tried a test sprayer at Nordstroms, being dubious of a scent with the word "bomb" in it. (Am I a cockroach, to be bombed?)

It's sort of like a peppier Old Spice, but on steroids. My wife liked the base notes and so did I, but it's overpriced, I think. And that bottle - ridiculous. I'd feel silly having it on my bathroom counter.

For twentysomething males, I suspect. Once again I am not in the intended demographic. NFM. (Not for me.)

---

Second wearing: my opinion hasn't changed. This stuff smells great but is too faint. Little longevity, no sillage.

gabripe

without snuff would have been excellent

Calatea
Calatea

The opening smells EXACTLY like Jacomo 08. The middle note is somehow disturbing, but it's quickly gone. What remains has some resemblance to Gucci PH. I wanted to like it, but I already own Jacomo, so why bother... But it's a nicely done scent, although not very original. Lasts pretty long (3-4 hours).

Kdu

This fragrance is like the first time I felt the Pure Malt, love at first sight!
I think some hard person not to like it, mix cinnamon with a hint of tobacco with a sweet and sour ... Perfect, I can say that everyone can buy in harvest, without fear, and hope is to use the praises of girl lol

Evam28
Evam28

tested out about five+ diff ones for my partner i had already had in mind today at the shops and this was hands down the winner!lovely!hint of spice,not too much.yumm.

susana75
susana75

I just bought this treasure to my beloved husband for his BD and it's just WOW!!! , powery , smoky, sexy masculine, can't resist him when he wears it, I can smell the saffron ( which I adore it in everything specially food and perfumes) and the smoky luxury tobacco , LUXURY spicebomb.

Siouxsiesparkle
Siouxsiesparkle

One of my favorite fragrances for my husband! It's powdery, smokey, spicy, & warm. Everything I wish Viktor&Rolf would make in a woman's fragrance. ;)

pailin
pailin

I love it on my skin. that's it!!
sweet but cool of pepper, fresh and clean.

hunterblu
hunterblu

Smells great on the tester strip and on my clothes but turned to musty and moldy damp cardboard on my skin. Must be a chemistry thing!

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

Sweet and spicy cinnamon, with a bit of a boozy tobacco vibe.

Great projection for about 2 hours, then it drops down and remains very close to skin. Lasts quite a while.

One of my top fragrances

sybaris
sybaris

Got a sample of Spice Bomb today. It reminds me of Romeo Gigli with a hint of Joop and Grey Flannel. I like it. Will get a bottle when I can.

Kdu

Perfect, perfect and PERFECT!

murillocezar
murillocezar

sweet, sweet and sweet!

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

I was sent Spicebomb to review for a magazine, and while I was impressed that the bottle actually had some heft, and looked and felt like quality, I thought the juice was a little lacking. The first spray opened with a sharp burst, and I thought it was going to be a keeper. However, during the dry-down it became sweet and somewhat cloying. I could still detect it on my skin the next day - definitely some power packed into this bomb! I ended up giving it away as I knew I wouldn't really wear it much, if at all. It is not an offensive cologne, and for some, it will still hit its target.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

I love this on my husband. It smells sweet and yummy. I get sweet tabacco/tea leaves, light floral, light leather hint of citrus. I think the name is misleading.

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Estaba deseando poder oler lo nuevo de V&R.

La primera vez que la olí, me resultó algo similar, pero no recordaba claramente.

Cuando pasaron un par de minutos, esta claro. Me resultaba bastante similar a La Nuit de L´homme y La Nuit de L´homme Frozen.

La pimienta se nota cláramente desde el principio, para quedar finalmente el cuero , y alguna nota más dulce.

Nada nuevo, aunque, como me encanta el olor especiado, posiblemente la compre.

No me agrada para el verano, sería, pienso, más acertada para el frío, incluso para días lluviosos ( la he mojado y no se enrancia ).

Resumiendo: especiada, con fondo un poco dulce, para épocas frías.

CDGfan
CDGfan

All Fluff, no stuff!
This is just bubble gum with cinnamon thrown in. Very similar to 1 million as others have mentioned. Good for teenagers not for men, just too banal and one dimensional. I am surprised VR came out with this fragrance, because antidote is FAR superior.

Srben
Srben

A very good alternative to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. More consistent, and a better price, too.

doyourownthing
doyourownthing

Very good. As it has been said it is very linear and does not feel like a "bomb" at all. Very long lasting. Great sillage. I have the small and large version and will purchase more when I am done with them! :)

praizy
praizy

Hmmm to pricey , nothing ground breaking, too sweet, sillage,smell and scent life moderate, not for my scent shelf

trickykid300
trickykid300

So this smells good, but it is very linear and seems like a cheap smell. The scent is very much like cinnamon gum so im not sure why it is so pricey. I only bought a tester of it and it is all i will get. Since it smells like cinnamon gum so much I dont reach for it very often since i have 20 other fragrances that are much more exotic.

Cwalker97
Cwalker97

Well, I had not ever heard of this fragrance until I was in a Sephora store and one if the sales ladies suggested it to me when I asked for a spicy winter scent. I sprayed it on paper and the first whiff was intriguing, so I asked for a sample. Today I applied 3 spritzes before school (I'm a sophomore). When I first put it on in the morning, I had to agree with the reviews on here that it was not a "bomb" and it was very much unisex, but it was a little spicy. I definitely caught the pink pepper and cinnamon.To me, it smelled a little like one of those cinnamon candies and maybe... Some rose? Anyhow, about an hour afterwords, it was a little more masculine, but still not to my liking. I began asking peers their opinion. The answers were extremely varied. They ranged from simply "that smells amazing!" To ".. You smell like my grandma" and still yet "...umm.." At about five hours in, it began to lose all spiciness and it smelled simply like a sweet rose. I will say however, I put it on around seven and it lasted until about 5 and that was because I washed it off to try on another fragrance. So, if a unisex scent is your thing, it's not bad. But in my opinion it's too feminine for me. I will give it props for longevity, however

mse-21
mse-21

Sweet. Warm. Pleasant.

What I do get here is basically a slight hint of Le Male, 212 Sexy or maybe One Million by Paco Rabanne. Its amazingly nice, well crafted and balanced but definitely lack of originality is an issue here.

On my skin its more of unisex if not feminine scent!

It's gonna stay for a while to please with very appropriate projection.

gzalvares
gzalvares

A serious love affair! Certainly my fragrance to reveillon!

Sharks2431
Sharks2431

On my wish list. I do agree it smells peppery. Slightly reminds me of Gucci 2 pour homme. I think it is pricey though and would preffer Gucci for this price.

My score: 8 out of 10.

shmells_so_good
shmells_so_good

i didnt like this one too much :/ to me it just smelled like pure pepper :P it may smell very nice on some people though :)

pbluberry
pbluberry

I really like the way this smells. Reminds me of Christmas. It's very woody, spicy, cinnamon, almost like a christmas tree with those cinnamon pine cones you find around the holidays. Although I like it, it's kinda of a cheap smell for such an expensive brand. Smells almost like the plugin air freshener you find at the store.

Bruno2theV

So, a friend of mine went to Paris this week, she said that probably next year, or not, Viktor & Rolf will launch an Eau de Parfum of Spicebomb. Lets just hope that it will be as awesome as this one :)

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Just checked it at store. Real Christmas candies in the bottle. Cinnamon+Cinnamon+Vanille and +...ok...Cinnamon.
Sweet, cute, non masculine at all. Pooooor longevity and no sillage. I'm hesitating to buy it.

RobbieX

Well this is a very nice mildly spicy scent which I like. But in my opinion, Spicebomb is nothing too special and it's way over-priced.

chrisaxp
chrisaxp

I just bought this over the weekend after having samples for a few months. I really like this scent. The initial notes are spicey and peppery and it warms down to a simple vetiver and leather.

It brings to mind an image of a second date. You already know this woman a bit and you want to draw her in closer so you can see if there is a spark there. Definitely a recommended buy!

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

It's a huge explosion of pepper with a soft, floral note. VERY peppery without the sneezes. Very fresh and strong.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Where are the spices??? where's the bomb??? My good, huge, huge disappointment. Scent, 2 points. Too cheapy,a clear example of the damages of marketing on perfumery.

Castor
Castor

Paco Rabanne's One Million in disguise: top notes are very attractive until the mid ones, for the similarity to PR's infamous / iconic (your are free to make your choice) best seller and the myriad of smell-alike scents come to mind: Carolina Herrera's 212 Vip Men, Antonio Bandera's The Golden Secret, Ted Lapidus' Black Soul, Ted Lapidus' Black Soul Imperial, Bogart's Silver Scent plus the amazing amount of PR's 1M knock-offs sold around the globe.

Yes, blame it on a molecule invented by one of the big five corporations specialized in essences in dare need to break even money spent in R+D. Lucky for them, the molecule is adored accross the globe. And here it is Spicebomb, in the right place to fill demands for a better blended albeit similar fragrance.

Hold on, the base notes are nice. So, to wrap it up... it would be an excelent scent if it were not for the midnotes.

Antidotes is a better choice if looking after V&R's masculine scent: it is way more original.

readymadepv
readymadepv

typical and totally boring...

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Blind Bought this today and first thing i have to say is that the frags name is totally misleading.There is nothing spicy in that one except a really faint base of cinammon and pepper which is hard to smell.Overall im getting a sweet bubblegumish smell(its not THE sweetest frag out there though)...The opening is great with some citrus notes.All that are blended to my opinion perfectly.
Now the part tht everyone is comparing it with 1 million.Yes some notes smell identical but hell not,its a lot better than 1 million.1 million is as i said for wanna be kiddos but that one is for man that are confident and more mature...
Another thing that was really awsome was the sprayer,im totally amazed how the right amount of perfume is coming out.
Now longetivity is good ive seen better but lasted about 8-10 hours on my skin...
Overall score 8.5/10

cezanne526
cezanne526

i originally got this for my boyfriend, but it smelled too sweet for him, so since i love spicy scents i tried it on me and it was great. on my skin after the first 5 minutes it didnt smell like a mans cologne at all, just a nice spicy deep scent...

sparkybish
sparkybish

This reminds me of a spicier version of Bvlgari Black, with less rubber. It's a nice scent to snuggle up to my husband in, but it's definitely not sexy. So, not like Bvlgari Black there. It's like Bvlgari Black's mom got into his closet and said "What's with all this rubber and leather? You'll never get a nice girl with all of this rubber and leather! Let's put some cozy sweaters, and here bring an apple pie on your first date!" Moms shouldn't be in charge of sexy.

It's not that I don't like it, In fact I like it for me a lot, it's just a little neutered to call sexy, which is what I like for a men's scent.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

1Million with lipstick note

craniumbash

I kind of sense Raat ki rani (hindi name for Cestrum nocturnum which means queen of the night) in the dry down, this may be the reason some people find it sweet, the flower has a really nice sweet smell which it emits only at night time, still i dont know why i detect this smell whereas its not supposed to be in the notes :/

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Not just for the guys! I love this on me AND on my man. The cinnamon is soooo in your face! Bam! Spicebomb for sure. Yes, there is a sweetness, but bubblegum? Too sweet? I don't know. Smells like straight up cinnamon to me. And it's even more spicy on my husband, with little sweetness. A very enjoyable Fall/Winter frag. I think this would layer amazingly with LaVanilia Laboratories Pure Vanilla, at least on a woman! I would definitely buy this for my husband, and then I would secretly probably sneak some a spray here and there. This is one of the few fragrances my husband actually likes. He is very picky! Sillage and longevity are great!

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

too sweet

pb0330
pb0330

i LOVE this scent. i was searching for a spicy fragrance in women's perfume (i am a woman), but they were all too oriental for me. i got a sample of this from sephora and this is what i had been searching for. it is not a very masculine scent, it's more unisex. i don't get apple pie from it either. i guess it's kind of a cinnamon smell that makes it spicy, whatever it is i LOVE it

AbBlue
AbBlue

I suppose apple pie bomb was not a very commercial name...
No spices here. If you are looking for something like this, try Eau des Baux.
For something between what is in the bottle and what should be in the bottle, try Kenzo Jungle.
I think this bottle should contain something like Zegna intenso or Declaration.
Is not bad, but for the price... there are better options.
***
Supongo que Strudel bomb no era un nombre muy comercial...
No hay especias aquí. Si buscas algo como esto, prueba Eau des Baux.
Para algo entre lo que hay en la botella y lo que debería estar en ella, prueba Kenzo Jungle.
Pienso que esta botella debiera contener algo como Zegna intenso o Declaration.
No es mala, pero por el precio... hay mejores opciones.

markart123
markart123

This fragrance is very similar to 1 Million. Right off the top you get a sweet bubblegum scent. The scent kind of reminds me of a sport deodorant from the drugstore.

I wore this a few days and will not be wearing it again. It's too sweet, playful, and boring in my opinion. I do like the fact that it does not project like 1 million. This makes SpiceBomb pretty inoffensive for such a sweet scent.

It lasts about 6-8 hours on me. Please try this before you buy. I wouldn't waste my money or time on it though.

flashax
flashax

This is a definite signature of mine, i get so many compliments wearing it, and since my taste in perfume is...well...expensive, i feel i can wear this every day without feeling like I'm waisting it or 'saving it for best'

Its obviously suitable for men to wear (if you like a sweeter spicy smell) but most of my female friends spray themselves with this if i happen to have it on me!

I do have to be in the mood for something sweeter (its the cinnamon) but its not sickly or overpowering, but if you only ever go for earthy, powdery or even citrus type smells you might want to avoid this.

I would encourage every perfume lover to at least give this one a try, i had to wear it for a few days to really get used to it (as I'm used to wearing less sweet smells) but it turns out you might just enjoy something new if you give it a go!

I love the Viktor & Rolf brand and aesthetic and this bottle is, i feel, so cool! You have to pull the little pin out of the glass grenade to spray it and i love the adverts for this also!

craniumbash

Love this fragrance, my second new favourite after Burberry London, has a nice projection, one of my friends could smell it from 4 feet away (just one spritz!!!) which I had applied to my wrist like 40 minutes earlier, stayed on me for 6 hours plus, and i sprayed Allure Pour Homme on one wrist and spice bomb on the other and asked friends and family for suggestions, the bomb won hands down :)

magnusmagnus
magnusmagnus

I just bought this today and I'll tell everyone EXACTLY what it smells like; a freshly baked cinnamon apple cake! I quite like it actually. If the smells of freshly baked products works for supermarkets to be more inviting then why not for people?! 8.5/10

Aegis
Aegis

Starts similar to 1 million : yes

The drydown is similar to Burberry london: yes

Unique: No

Worth Buying: Sillage/longevity are superb, so yes for me.

Its better than 1 million? No for me, but its up to you to choose.

Grade: 8 from 10

Mumutio
Mumutio

I wanted something with those heavy base notes of 1 million, but in a perfume less common, so that I won't smell like every other guy in the club and on the train.

This somewhat resembles 1 million, it is like 1 million goes spicy.

Same type of smell, almost equally good sillage and longevity, but spicier. Less clubby and more autumny/wintery. Really good winter and autumn smell, less common that 1 million. Although pricey.

Smell 8/10

Longevity 9/10

Sillage 7/10

Overall 8/10

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Different, Sexy, and stays along , sillage very well.
Recommended for all ages

Ziad81
Ziad81

Love this fragrance. It's one of the best scent's releases of 2012. The longevity is great but projection is average or less (for me). If you are in spicy-sweet-tobacco fragrances then it's no-brainer choice. I would take this scent over Burberry London any day, and the fall/winter season is just right for it.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Gorgeous! Very nice sweet tobacco smell, great depth like mugler's. I'm in love with this.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Girls Review: been looking for a scent with cinnamon in it for a while no matter whch one i try i can never smell the cinnamon, but in this i get mostly cinnimon in a LOOOOOVELY way. I love this sooooo much its crazy, one of the best fragrances i have smelt and I have smelled alot. I must own this soon. Putting it on my xmas list for sure.

Felipebr
Felipebr

I felt in the Drydown similari with the armani code fragance, the top notes and drydown have de same notes. I'll try again, cause today was a hot day, an this didn't get longer as I wished.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A warm, cosy, smooth, winter frag which starts very strong but soon goes close to the skin...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hours. 1.25 foot projection, strong. This is inviting, warm with nutty like cinammon with an ever so grown up feel... a "Hunky Uncle-y" type of frag, for the man who is your best friend but never your lover. Warm, delicious and moorish. Smooth and not spicey at all!!

1 hours - 2 .25 hours - 8 inch projection. Lovely, not as complex as a niche frag to some perhaps.

2.25 hours - 4.5 hours Yikes, projection just drops out of the sky. 1 inch

4.5 hours - 10 hours - Lasts a long time on the skin but no projection. Smooth and nice. Gets a little soapy at the end

Nice scent, extend the decent projection to 5 hours via an EDP

Rankn504

Naw no way shock smells nothn like this. this stuff is sweet shock is totallydifferent.

leecher88
leecher88

try Calvin Klein CK Shock its very very similar and cheaper :)

nevertheless both are good and i love them !

Rankn504

This is a sweeter versiob of 1 million. its nice though i like it.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Spicebomb isn't really a spicebomb. If you're expecting a cloud of spiky, spicy cloves, cardamom and pepper, you should probably try YSL Opium (the women's version) instead.

Does it match the initial impression caused by its name? No. Does it smell good? Yes. In fact, it's actually soft and smooth with a vein of creamy-tart bite to the sweetness (cinnamon and saffron) that I personally find absolutely delicious without being like dessert.

I love the woody-earthy drydown of tobacco and vetiver, and had initially been worried that the leather might be too sharp and tarry, but it turned out to just be a soft sensual hum that gives texture to the scent.

halloween27
halloween27

There is a scent insert in the November Vanity Fair issue, Daniel Craig cover. As a woman, this would smell good on myself, another woman, and of course, a man! Very unisex.

gqbredrin
gqbredrin

Smells just like Eau des Baux L`Occitane en Provence for men. And i get 6-8 hours on my skin. It is pretty nice.

sebjar
sebjar

I was given about 10 samples of this when I bought a bunch of Aramis Lab Series products from Bloomies recently and all I can say is it smells cheap but is trying to be an expensive fragrance.

I'm glad I have the testers though as I've tried one spray and it disappears right away. I tried 2 sprays and it doesn't last and was finally up to 5 sprays and even though it's there but it's completely gone in a couple of hours. So Spicebomb hardly has any longevity.

I thought I was going to totally love it when I heard about it. I like spicy fragrances but I don't get much spice from this except for the initial spray. It fades into a sweet light syrupy essence that quickly fades away into nothing very fast. Truly disappointed but I love the bottle. At least it's got something going for it!

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

I really dont get the 1 million comparison. Spicebomb starts out spicy and sweet with the pink pepper,paprika, cinnamon, and saffron. I think it's a pretty linear scent with the spices dying down and the tobacco and leather joining the cinnamon and saffron. This fragrance reminds me of those floral potpourri blends, but the tobacco and leather keeps this on the masculine side. Projects for the first couple of hours and last for about 7 hours. I have gotten 10 hours spraying it on my shirt.

crazyoney2k

i love spicebomb i think its beautiful very sweet but i love sweet its very masculine

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

What's with everybody comparing this to One Million? SMH. -__-

PerfumeEmporium
PerfumeEmporium

Can definitely work as a unisex fragrance. Great for fall! It smells like "cinnamon, spice, and everything nice" :) Lovely notes of Sweet Cinnamon, Spices, Pink Pepper, Leather, and Tobacco. Love it!

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Another bottle that impresses with quality and elegance. Just found the box it a thinner paper than other perfumes that I have here. If handled carelessly, think tear easily.

The opening citrus soothes very fast. Really in a fraction of minute changes quite fragrant. Refers to the tone of bubble gum in line 1 Million, but at this stage begins to emerge something something very spicy, loaded with cinnamon and a light touch of pepper. Turns a spicy bubblegum. Here the phase of bubblegum sweetness calms in 15 minutes to something more dry, just like the sugar and now you're chewing cinnamon and saffron and a little smoky tabacco ... lol. After a few minutes I again feel the sweet tone is less spicy. This bid means I also felt the mutant antidote, however Antidote is still more complex. I have not done a full wear with Spicebomb, but it's a scent that can be used at parties, despite not seem monstrous projection. It also provides for nightly use at other times more reserved.

Detroitcolognereview

I think that i have bought this before...only difference is that it dangled from my rear view mirror disguised as a tree when i bought my first car...

They definitely let the fellas down with this one. How shitty...bubble gum machine at first then a lot of unrefinement.

scenturian

I think it should have been launched as Sweetbomb, I don't get any other spice than sweet cinnamon.
Beyond unisex rather feminine.
If u want something more masculine with cinnamon give a try Chanel Egoiste or Boucheron Jaipur however they can be worn by women as well :)

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Spicy, interesting and definitely unisex. Sadly, on me, it develops an artificial, burnt plastic note.

I would have preferred it to be warmer, ie. more of the sweet cinnamon and less of the very harsh red pepper. Certainly true to its name.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

very unisex..smells very similar to Paco Rabanne 1 million ... if u have 1 million you can pass on this because 1 million last longer than spicebomb..

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This is actually in the women's fragrance department at Nordstroms. I asked the SA if it was common for women to purchase this and she said, "yes, that's why we have it here"...I tested it on the wrists and liked it. It faintly reminded me of something else I once had. I could smell very clearly the cinnamon and chile pepper blended nicely with the bergamot and vanilla. It definitely reminds me of the original Dior Addict before it got reformulated. So ladies, if you're missing that Dior Addict original, grab a sample of this and see if it works with your skin.

scenturian

IMO this is unisex. Women can wear it easily.

EarthBoundMisfit
EarthBoundMisfit

After a very focused 9 month search...trying dozens of scents everything from Velvet Vetiver ( very nice and may end up in my line up) to L'Instant (weirdly acrid on me), most YSL ( which were so very close, but missing something for me ) Eau Duelle ( vanilla with a side of vanilla ), Chanel Egoiste (way too mercurial and assertive), Polo Double Black (really nice but a bit ordinary), Mechant Loup ( LOVED the Hazelnut/Licorice but it turns headachingly "perfume-y" on dry down) ... I have FINALLY found the right balance of zest, spice and warmth in Spicebomb. It does something magical with my chemistry ... a chemistry I might add that turns pachouli into concentrated " eau de litter box" and devours anything citrus the second it hits my skin. Spicebomb is inviting and a tiny bit dangerous. Terrific longevity on skin and clothing. Getting wafts throughout the day transport me into spiced mocha with whispers of pipe tobacco. Addictive and intoxicating!

Bruno2theV

Frags thank you for the answer. But is it better then A*men?

ravjan
ravjan

It just arrived in my country. It's very yummiable! The bottle is a nice toy, too. Obviously similar to One Million.
Might have it but won't kill for it.
Antidote was definitely much more ground-breaking.

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

"I'm like a grenade for you" sings this perfume to me, but i'm wondering: how can a grenade be so sweet?. I was a little intrigued after trying on this perfume and enjoying it for a while that it is marketed as a men's fragrance. Say what??? Pfff hahaha, it is at most a unisex perfume. If you like Hermes's Ambre Narguille, this is a cheaper version of that. To my nose this is not as synthetic as the big mass of perfumes, I can actually smell the spices. I like it and can't wait to purchase it to cover myself in a cloud of sweet oriental spicy cake.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Unisex. Smells like Jungle L'elephant by Kenzo. I like it a lot, but I have the kenzo one, so I will not buy this one.

Smells like cinnamon and spices (cloves).
Great lasting power but like other Viktor and Rolf fragrances, overpriced.

fragsforyou

It is certanly not like A*men, these two are worlds different from each other! :)

Bruno2theV

Unfortunately this fragrance didn't arrive to my country yet (Potugal). I actuallyasked in the perfume shops here if they were going to receive it in the Autumm and they confirmed. I always wanted to try this and they told me that this one was a lot like Thierry Mugler's A*Men. Can anyone confirm that please?

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Sweet and spicy!Bold,brash,naughty, & nice.
Everything a man should be,contained in one
bottle!Combines the traditional male notes of
tobacco,leather,and vetiver,with the bold notes
of paparika,saffron,pink pepper,and cinnimon for
a sweet spicy appeal!The top notes of bergamot
and grapefruit instill a fresh crispness, so the
essence never becomes too heady.Viktor & Rolf has
a winner,although this does remind me of Sexual,
Sugar Daddy by Michel Germain,less money,same
wow factor.It is well blended and long lasting.
Gentlemen,move a little closer,so I can breathe
in your essence! :-)

bammo_kun
bammo_kun

el supremo... I luv it and great lasting power. As for the bottle... *War Zone* love d concept

regui8er
regui8er

Eh, overrated

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Sweet pumpkin pie with cinnamon sprinkled all over.

Suffocating projection early on, but painfully low projection after the first hour.

At $95, and no online discounts, this is hard to recommend for those on a budget.

zelmu
zelmu

I loved it when I first sprayed it. After 1 hour of application my nose got so overwhelmed by the cinnamon that I almost died.

Never again.

Akhan
Akhan

this one is certainly very similar to PR 1M but a whole lot better. A much much improved version which is classier and tame so can cater to older people too (30+).
For me the fragrance projects opulence, it certainly is louder than what i would generally wear but it has taken my fancy. I like the way it evolves from its very harsh opening (not unpleasant though) where it resembles closely 1M to the drier stages where it is classy and pleasing. Love the interplay of spices, where cinnamon and pepper are smokey with the tobacco. cant say i can detect the vetiver, which is a great thing especially since this truly is a SPICE BOMB!
Sillage: great - 9/10
Fragrance: great - 910
longevity : excellent - 12 hours + on skin and more than 24 hours on fabric :-)
but do test please, you might not like the little bit of sweetness that keeps the fragrance arrested in the first hour....

Ezzik
Ezzik

Very sweet vanilla pipe tobacco with heavy cinnamon note. First note is citronella like those mosquito candles it is like soft citron. Mid note is vanilla cinnamon with hint of pepper and it lasts very long maybe almost to end of the scent. Heart note is also vanilla but little bit different than mid note vanilla. It is like vanilla pipe tobacco and I also find synthetic leather and very little of vetyver and surprisingly citronella comes up again.
I like this scent is long lasting and sexy as hell

fresh_scents

My much-anticipated sampling of Spice Bomb fizzled out to a major disappointment. My left arm offended me the entire ride home. I highly favor spicy fragrances but, from the sample card to my skin, I just couldn’t take it! The spice was non-existent.

Our taste preferences are very subjective, as well as individual body chemistry, and I’m giving this product two thumbs down. I was ready to pay the full retail price today, and even considered an online blind buy, but that top, middle and awful base note projection, on my skin, was nauseating.

I hope others have better success. : o(

holyxhooker
holyxhooker

spicy and sexy, mediocre opening but appealing drydown, sweet and musky but strong and masculine at the same time 8/10

antonpan
antonpan

Spicebomb is different from PR 1 million, but it could be described the same way: sweet, loud, synthetic and popular. I had high hopes for this because I love Tea for Two; in fact I got something sweeter and less comfortable to wear. It starts sweet and spicy in the manner of, for example, John Varvatos fragrance (a mix of vanilla and cinnabon?) than it becomes more and more similar to Tea for Two, still with that synthetic sweet aura.
The scent is quite unique, though I wish it were elegant and mature.

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

This smells so tasty I have a hard time resisting the impulse to lick myself. The cinnamon is definitely dominant with this, but I get the tobacco and pink pepper notes too. The lasting power is great, but it fades down to quite a skin hugging scent.

I would say this scent is more feminine than it is masculine. I don't think it would raise any eyebrows if a man was wearing it, but it works on a girl just as well. The bottle isn't that great though. The concept worked very well for Flowerbomb, but translates poorly to a more masculine design.

It ain't pretty, but it smells gorgeous.

fragsforyou

Really poor longevity on me with avrage projection, but the smell of this is just amazing.

ssyed1
ssyed1

Haven't really received any feedback (negative or positive) on this scent but it's really doing wonders for my nose - as of right now, this is my favorite

After the initial burst of pepper, the tobacco and leather really move to the front and the cinnamon and saffron sweeten the whole package. After about 30 minutes, the scent stops transforming and gains an additional "waxy" layer (akin to candle-wax), which, to me, makes it absolutely beautiful.

For those who are worried about it being too sweet, I suggest you test it out first - on my brother's skin, it smells very sweet and very feminine. On my skin, Spicebomb's sweetness is rather tame.

p.s. the sprayer on this thing is UNREAL, better than Creed's bottles...

e.anderson
e.anderson

Intrigued by the bottle and name I tested it at the airport and initially I liked it. It was a spicy peppery blast like an explosion to start off. Then it lost me and went to a floral smell but it was very compatible with the spice bit just not me. The dry down reminds me of 1 million but maybe a hint more cinnamon. I would have to test one more time before buying.

carolinedb
carolinedb

I love it as a woman's scent, but I think it's too sweet for men.

dromidreza
dromidreza

برخی از دوستان فرنگیمون میگن این عطر زنانه س.اصلا اینطور نیست.همین فلفلش کافیه تا از زنانگی بیفته!!.بسیار خوشبو و یه ته بویی از مشروب داره.بنظر من اگه به آنگارو2 چند قطره بربری لندن اضافه کنین و قدری فلفل قرمز بریزین توش میشه این عطر.ماندگاری و پخش بوی خوبی داره..

definitely masculine and manly.not feminine not unisex.

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

It took some time to me to understand this fragrance. I saw it at an airport and I didn't like too much the bottle shape. Besides, I'm not a big fan of modern releases, but I tried it, and quickly liked it. Such a a strong spicy aroma that explodes at the first spray. Later the pink pepper scent turns into a cinnamon one and gets softer (but persistent) and closer to my skin. I bought it immediately.

Next day when I was remembering the fragrance, I was thinking maybe It had a strong opening but maybe It was an ordinary scent and I was starting to think it was a compulsive buy and maybe I would regret it.

Yesterday I tried again and the same strong but delicious spicy scent showed at the opening, but I paid more attention on scent developing and I noticed those cinnamon notes and surprisingly I feel there's a hidden soft rose note too. I saw there's no rose in notes pyramid but I'm sure there is in composition, and I love rose scent. The drydown is fantastic on me, the fragrance gets powdery but not too much, closer to skin and smelling incredibly good. I'd say it's not a fragrance for those who like strong projection, since it's strong only the first fifteen minutes, but lonvegity is very good on me.

Now I'm convinced, I like Spicebomb because I like to feel this persistent and close to my skin fragrance. One of my favourites that perfectly matches with my skin composition and don't disappoint me by leaving me quickly as other modern fragrances. We'll be good friends for a very long time!

jpql01
jpql01

I think it's too sweet for a man in the beginning, kind of vanilla-based note. Then change into spice smells like cinnamon, pepper later.

imthesamyouknow
imthesamyouknow

I once bought Tonka Beans online from a black magic shop. This smells exactly like that.

AmoreProfumi

I finally own a bottle of the beloved Spicebomb!, treated myself today && got the large ugh I love this stuff so much!, I sprayed a bit on in the store I asked my friend if she like it she said && quote "oh yes! I would f**k a guy up wearing that!" In a good way of course ;) hahaa So yes do get this you will not be disappointed! ;D

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

One thing for sure. Can't go by somebody review on this page. I happen to like this fragrance not everyone have the same taste nor same skin. I get my rewiews from creditable people myself.

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

I really don't like it. it's too 'foody' and reminds me of sultanas. Good in a curry or a cake but not on a man in my opinion. Big no no. I would also say you'd have to have a BIG personality to work this!

Anissa
Anissa

This is absolutely more feminine than masculine. When my hubby bought this I really hated this on him. It`s too soft, sweet and vanillary. (I like my hubbys frags sporty, fresh and masculine) But when I tried this on me, it`s absolutely lovely, peppery and leather tones mixed up well with tobacco and vanilla. I think I`ll use this myself on special occasions on winter. This will be a perfect match for a little black dress. Bottle is awesome.

four_strings
four_strings

Not for men. This is a very feminine, "pretty" scent. It may work for some men, of course. I don't mean to offend any guys who like this. In my opinion, it's not a masculine scent and, honestly, I don't think that I could pull this off.

wchickillo
wchickillo

my first time smelling spicebomb i wasnt sold. I received as a gift about a month later and sprayed it on my arm and absolutely LOVED it. Just as its name suggest, its a very spicy fragrance that has a lot going on in it. The opening is spicy, yet almost fruity at the same time. However, its done very nice and they seem too compliment each other. It dries down to a sweeter, yet still spicy middle. It lasted a long time on my skin. In my opinion, spicebomb is probably a hit or miss for most people. I think that its a very interesting fragrance thats different from other fragrances.

overall 9/10

senore01
senore01

I have mixed feelings about Spicebomb. I guess it's because I expected more from a fragrance created by Olivier Polge. Higher expectations usually lead to disappointments for me when it concerns new fragrances. I sort of like the scent but it is too gummy like One Million, though it is a step or two better than One Million. I guess this is due to the pink pepper and leather notes. I also agree with other reviews that a woman could easily pull this fragrance off.
Longevity and projection on me is so incredibly poor. The scent is gone in about 60-90 minutes.
Spicebomb is worth a try, especially for a younger audience. Don't expect much in the way of spicyness.

bobkat
bobkat

Expected a spicy, musky heady explosion....got a rather delicate vanillary cinnamon tobacco mix up....sooo not a typical masculine scent...but after the initial drydown...quite delicious! Still not sure I would want to smell this on a man, but after the initial hit of vanilla (thought this might be headache inducing!)the warm pepperiness comes through and gives a very warm, soft, get close scent.
However, about 4 hours after application, I am struggling to find the fragrance on my skin

lalelu

sickly sweet scent with bad longavity and projection .. fail :(

Zenith
Zenith

Is this a decent fragrance? Yes

Is it worth the $100+AU pricetag? Not even close

I think this product is relying mostly on image to sell, and I'll be honest, the packaging and concept is very cool and very well done. However unless the product reflects that it will always come down as disappointing.

There notes are mostly fresh and spicy with a lot of cinnamon and pepper, and the longevity and sillage are decent. The fragrance however I feel does not live up to the name Spicebomb, or live up to the fact if comes bottled in a grenade.

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

this is actually not a bad fragrance although terribly cheap raw materials and and overload of cinnamon are used here. at one point it nearly smells somewhat chemical and metallic?! however overall its a nice sweetish and at the same time mature scent with a blast of pink paper, flowery and powdery notes that go over to spicy and balmy.

bonarelli
bonarelli

if u hate on this product u have issues , i just purchased a second for my car ...i gotta make this one my personal scent for a little while.

yacoco
yacoco

50% of the scent is similer to Gucci Pour Homme II
for me its the same and you could cheak the note

lovely but boring

When trying Spicebomb in the department store, I was surprised by a sales assistant that suddenly appeared around the corner, and immediately asked, "are you looking for a perfume for yourself?" At this point I replied with a yes, expecting a long spiel about how Spicebomb is a men's fragrance, and that Flowerbomb would be more 'me'. Instead the sales assistant nodded her head and continued by saying that Spicebomb had many female fans, and that they bought it for themselves rather than for their loved ones.

As I sit here and inhale deeply, I somewhat agree with Spicebomb's feminine tendencies. This fragrance is indeed quite spicy, however it also has a rather sweet and gourmand edge. In this respect, it smells quite beautiful, like something a woman could wear with ease.

The opening was when Spicebomb was at its most sweet, with cinnamon, candied citrus and a dash of pink pepper. The blend is smooth and sensual on the skin. I must admit that on the right man, Spicebomb could smell very alluring to the opposite sex.

Do not fret manly men, because fortunately the sweetness does dissipate over time, becoming increasingly more masculine towards the drydown. Tobacco and subtle leather accords balance out the composition, providing a somewhat masculine touch. I found the drydown very different from the initial stages of Spicebomb. It was almost an entirely different scent, which brings me to conclude that it's a rather complex blend overall.

Spicebomb is pleasantly soft and inoffensive, which was a really nice surprise seeming that I was expecting a literal 'bomb' in terms of sillage. The longevity is good too, which I suppose makes up for the rather high price tag. I'm impressed, but admittedly not blown away by Spicebomb.

plastik
plastik

To my nose, it's very similar to 1 Million by Paco Rabanne, with a little bit of tobacco in the opening. So, if you already own 1 million, I would pass on this, or go with 1 Million instead, since it's priced lower.

Dougczar
Dougczar

IMO, This is a combination of 1 Million, Tobacco Vanille, and Tea for Two.
I like all 3 of these scents, so it stands to reason that I like this one too. And I do.

Many have criticized the bottle, but I think anything other than a bomb or grenade shaped bottle would have been a horrible marketing decision given the name of the product. Definitely for a younger crowd.

gatsby
gatsby

I want this perfume. Anyone that have it - for (almost) anything to swap, PM, thank you!

manofscents

and just to touch up on my first review, after a few days of smelling this i do get that mixture between 1 million and pure havane that others have mentioned. With 1 million being good and pure havane being great, spicebomb falls right in the middle of the two. if theres a word for something being right in the middle of good and great spicebomb would be that.

manofscents

Just picked it up today at nordstrom and before i can smell any spices i smell fruits, which normally right away screams !!MAINSTREAM!! which for me is hands down a turnoff, but then give it a couple and the spices come ushering in turning it into a nice smelling concoction. A good great step up from the terrible smelling antidote. The bubblegum effect is true but dont let that deter you as it almost did me. without using "fragrance note" terms but instead regular terms that we can all relate to, here we have at the end is fruits, spices and smokey insense with a touch of powder as a result of the latter. with a 2012 release of a modern designer mens fragrance this is surprsingly a very good smelling composition as i normally dont like present day releases of mens fragrances for obvious reasons. Yes it does smell "modern" (not in a bad way) yes it might slightly remind you of something else, and yes this will be a good buy!

sumpunk85
sumpunk85

I do get Paco Rabano One Million(fruity), Gucci Pour Homme II(tea note), Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille(tobacco), Hermes Ambre Narguile(sweet notes) & slight hint of JPG Le Male(vanilla) all mixed up in this fragrance. They all seem to work together amazingly. They honestly took the best notes from very good popular fragrances & added them into one..Brilliant!

The first 20-30 mins you get the really sweet spicy pink pepper & little fruit. This fruit note mixed with cinnamon & tobacco could come off as a bubblegum flavor.

After about 30 mins it seems to get close to the skin, but everyone says they still smell it on me. I applied this at 6pm, & could still smell it at 10am the next day. Heat really projects this one. Summer nights could easily be pulled off, but cooler weather is where it will really shine, hopefully ;). This fills my craving for Tobacco Vanille very well. I haven't been able to test both, due to it being summer.

I would not recommend this for a clubbing scent though, not powerful enough, & too close to the skin. It should be used for nice occasions with the ladies. This is being added to my top 5.

lalelu

this smells like a mix out of pure havane, gucci homme2 and paco rabannes 1 million. If you like those ( espcially hommme2) you need to try this.

ian85

I bought it... Good fragrance, far better than his brother Antidote, but the same problem : this fragrance reminds me many others. Well done, but not original; sweet and young, and closed to the skin dry down. 7 /10

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

I tried this today, and my verdict is that it's nice, but stomach-churningly sweet. I do adore a powdery fragrance, but something a little sharper would have made this a little more bearable.

When I first sprayed the testing card, I thought 'Oh my god! This is perfect!' and proceeded to liberally spray my wrists and neck. (note: another scent which I had this reaction to, headnotes only, is Si Lolita, by Lolita Lempicka, also heavily featuring pink pepper)

After walking out of the shop and promising myself to buy a bottle duty free (close to $200 NZD for 100mls?? Say whaaaat?!) I quickly regretted it. Fortunately I'm not the type to get headaches, because I think this would have caused one. Walking down the street, past a greasy fast food joint, all I could smell was a strange gooey-sweet scent. This could be from overspraying, but still...UGH.
After half an hour later, on the train home, I was surrounded by a comforting, gingerbread-y scent which I could live with. A pity it took the nauseating middle to get to it.

Not a must-buy, but not a scrubber either. I can live with that. In saying that, I realise that it's totally addictive. I love it, and I hate it. I can't get enough, but I can't stand it. My relationships are similar.

@dooli
at the end of the day you started this with saying spicebomb smells gay it is utter stupidity on your part how can anything smell gay? of course people are going to take offence when you say things like that you could have just said it is not to your liking and left it at that it seems to me you wanted to provoke a reaction by saying those things so why dont you just agree to disagree with others about this and move on there is no need to have a full blown argument over something so stupid

sarlouben

i think when people say something smells "gay" or has a gay vibe they mean it smells feminine which is quite silly really because i know quite a few men who wear womens perfume and they are not gay

louisdav
louisdav

The generic mainstream chemical note found in so many masculine fragrances destroyed this.

frangrancejunky
frangrancejunky

Sweet Spicy I'm afraid it's somehow deja Vu. However I might buy it in the future for a reasonable price

AndreAABK
AndreAABK

My sample arrived this week and i tryied this one.

Openning grapefruit being controlled by elemi and pink pepper on the back. It's not like the one million's grapefruit, is less sweet by the elemi and the pink pepper. In evolution goes to cinnamom (a lot of one) mixed with the grapefruit and the drydown shows up the leather. A rival against One Million, 212 VIP and other modern fragrances for evening use, but it isnt a original fragrance like Antidote, is a little overpriced and, definitly, is not a spice bomb!

Projection is good for 2-3 hours (not like a bomb, but like a good perfume to evening use), the longevity is around 8 hours.

Despite, i'll buy it, i liked it and is better than the perfumes forenamed.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I tested it the other day and I quite like it. My husband thought it was too spicy and sweet for him but I would wear it myself. I do get sort of smoky cinnamon scent with a hint of tobacco(kind of like cigars)and its kind of sweet. I sprayed it on the card and it seemed like scent came on strong then burned itself out in mere couple of hours. After that, I could only smell it if I pressed my nose to the card. Hmm, I am sure person's chemistry would decide how long it would last but it seems like on the paper, its lasting power is not great(and with fairly expensive price tag, it should be)

zoebo1403
zoebo1403

To me, this smells like Ambre Narguile, i dont see the comparison to Tobacco Vanille ( and i own both ).

jtappenden
jtappenden

Tried it today.The title of the fragrance is correct.A very spicy men's perfume.Absolutely wonderful.For men who really enjoy life & fashion to the full.Again,it's a wonderful product.

armaniboy

@dooli first of all where on earth did you get my beloved bois d argent??i cannot find it- literally- anywhere!!second, in my opinion there is no gay vibe in a smell...only the spicebomb commercial gives off this vibe. Its a stereotypical observation which is unfair. As i have mentioned before using the word gay as something bad or something that needs to be avoided, well that's just ridiculous. We are all humans-whether black-white-yellow-str8-gay-bi whatever. All i am trying to say is that a smell cannot define a gender. people,close mindedness and racism does that happily-usually to differentiate themselves from others and feel superior. Companies also have to make money...Marketing fragrances to men, women or unisex with a concept and a preconceived image-idea seems to work just fine to them. Apart from that my idea is if it smells good and makes you feel good wear it. Thats what eastern countries do. they wear anything they like. So a huge amount of people fall for the idea-that men should smell like that- a real man is macho enough and blah blah. Men can be sensitive strong and gentle. women too. thats what humans do.If you like stereotypes fine.but this is not where life is heading...and on the other hand why smelling like a woman should be offensive???or like a gay guy?or like a black guy? maybe the Jews have a smell of their own...or the Greeks smell poor and gay because of the crisis...come on people a fragrance is a fragrance. get real. i love the way my dog smells...maybe i m talking nonsense but i hope some of you get the message...thank you :)

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I'm very confused. What on earth is a "Gay" vibe? Sounds like something a straight man would say when he wants to wear a fragrance that's too.....unmanly for him. Seems very insecure and very offensive. Please clarify this. It's been used here quite a lot

GreenMan
GreenMan

This reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme II a lot! I guess it´s the bergamot, cinnamon and tobacco.

kassinator
kassinator

Waaaay too much spice and nothing to back it up. Like boiling a bunch of spices in plain water. I love spice in a scent and in my food, but it needs a base! If there is nothing to season then it is just as boring as the next dish. I found this to be dry and dull.
Side note: this is NOTHING like Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. Tobacco Vanilla is a warm full bodied tobacco fragrance ripe with honey. This is incredibly weak watered down unsweetened chai tea.

Lifesaver0
Lifesaver0

Bought a bottle of Spicebomb just before leaving for vacation in NY at the end of February. I was really anticipating the release of the 2nd mens fragrance from Viktor & Rolf....but.....in my opinion, not nearly as fabulous or luxurious as Antidote.

After applying Spicebomb for the first time, I definitely get the cinnamon (reminded me of a spiced cinnamon apple) and rather potent in the hour or so after application. It is a scent that doesnt cool down on me, but rather leaves me with warmth....so definitely not something to wear on a warm or humid day/night. Then, I realized.....wait, I have smelled something quite similar.....I have had something quite similar....had to dig back in my memory banks....and it came to me.....Egoiste, by Chanel! Immediately following that recognition, I realized why I wasn't feeling as taken as I was with Antidote, or Egoiste for that matter. On my skin, the sillage of Spicebomb just didn't have that lasting power. As a fan of mens powerhouses of sillage (Antidote, Fleur De Male, Egoiste, to name a few) Spicebomb didn't quite reach. I like the fragrance, and hope that maybe I was having an off day, but it didn't vault into my top 5 or 10.

Lana Lool

Been testing this for a while now, and I have to say that it has grown on me as a casual attractive smell good type of scent. It is like a mix of Pure Malt, Pure Havane, and Creed Royal Oud. Nothing groundbreaking, but a very attractive fragrance, and one I will be purchasing a full bottle of, and that is rare these days. I was very skeptical at first, but V&R has won me over with this one. Nice work!

Linden
Linden

Wow! Cinnamon! Spicebomb has lots of it and the opening is quite dry and harsh to my nose. Develops quickly into a sweet, almost pastry-like aroma with a peppery undertone. I don't pick up much tobacco or vetiver at all, which is disappointing to me. I was expecting something more virile based on the ad campaign I suppose...LOL Pleasant and warm, but not all that exciting and I don't really want to smell like cinnamon rolls.
The bottle is beautifully crafted and I commend the designer.

Detroitcolognereview

You’re gonna piss people off wearing this. I don’t like it at all. Initially, I thought that it was a trip down all things wonderful in fragrance. Now that I am smelling the dry down, I am almost repulsed. They should have made the “spice” more subliminal maybe. The spice that’s there isn’t balanced at all and it is noticeable. Huge run in the Spicebomb stocking that no remedy can fix.

ian85

I hope I will try this one soon, but it seems to me that many people like it because it reminds them of another one... It was the same syndrom with Antidote... I don't think it's a good way to create fragrance, when you're walking on other perfumer's highway. Shame...

donkey_kong
donkey_kong

actually smells alot like ck one shock on the dry down , which i am loving because i get the great ck one shock smell without the disgusting bottle

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This smells like Red Hots candy. Not necessarily a bad thing.

pinhead188
pinhead188

I love it. It has notes that remind me of Pure Malt, With a hint of Paco Rabban, but not that strong grape candy crap, The notes change quick. It drys perfectly close to the skin. I Plan on wearing this to go out this weekend and will see what comments i get from the ladies, but i usually buy cologne for how i feel wearing it. this one fits me, I am a huge trend setter, but in this case i wish for everyone to smell it first, it may not be for you.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Amazing stuff! It`s THE BEST male designer fragrance released in years. BRAVO!

spoombung
spoombung

Wow, this really does indeed smell like a 'Greatest Hits' perfume; as if someone has simply poured in well known fragrances (1 million, CK Shock, Tea for Two, Tobacco Vanille, Musc Ravageur) and given the bottle a good shake. Well, there's nothing wrong with that, I suppose!

I do find it exceedingly pleasant in a powdery cinnamon way (although my GF says it smells cheap) and it's inevitably going to win a lot of fans because it mixes up expensive niche/designer perfumery with high street blockbusters... and is sure to nag your olfactory memory and remind you of another perfume in some way. Clever idea.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

" A spicy , peppery woody harsh dry serious scent".
I'm just kidding , this was the idea in my mind of it.
In fact , this is a cinnamon , candy sweet powdery scent that ressemble one million by paco rabanne in a more quality way but still in the generic sweet scent category to my nose.
Unique bottle but smell is commun.
Suitable for fall and winter, casualy, for any age.
Like all other members of this family , i bet that it will get compliment.
Not bad , maybe very much "seen before".
Longevity and projection seems good.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@junior halston....your review forced me to check out Burberry London again and yeah I can see the similarity only in the dry down which to me is the best part of this.

The thing I have with this is just like Antidote before it,it simply isnt a standout.Antidote had everything thrown in and comes across smelling like many other fragrances.Already the list of fragrances this smells like is growing by the day.I could list what I have picked up from blogs-Tobacco Vanille,Rochas man,Boss Bottled,CH 212,Fahrenheit?,Midnight in Paris,Kenzo Power,Creed's Royal Oud,Pure Havane,Egoiste?,The Dreamer?,Tea for Two?, Bang,Bois d'Orage,Eau des Baux, 1 Million,Burberry London and Shock at the time of writing this and there's no guarantee it wont grow with strange noses throwing in mind boggling "smell-alikes".

Bizarrely,this isnt even listed as an Oriental even though it smells like one-an oriental spicy to be exact.I really dont detect any woods if any at all for it to be classified as Woody Spicy here.Well I may be very wrong on this and stand to be corrected...

I was expecting to be wowed by this given the level of expectation and the name but there's clearly no originality here and that's why I give it a thumbs down.Like I said for Antidote you can get rid of the colognes/fragrances in your wardrobe that smell similar and keep this.You save a fortune that way.

It must be a ploy by Viktor&Rolf each time they release a mens fragrance to mess with the most primal of all our senses-smell!!!

junior halston
junior halston

I don't see the 1 Million comparison at all but I do see the Burberry London with it's sweet spicy tobacco notes.

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

smells like a cheaper tom ford tobacco vanille. smells good but id go with tobacoo vanille.

rmf1112
rmf1112

I wanted to like this frag, because the name, bottle and notes sounds appealing, but for me it doesn't add up to enough. The initial smell I get upon spraying is cinnamon grapefruit, and little else. After the initial blast of cinnamon-citrus, I don't detect much other than a slight floral scent. When I saw saffron included, I immediately thought of nice and musty smelling saffron threads, but this is apparently the flower itself that I find too feminine. In fact, I would say this is at the very least a unisex scent, definitely not very masculine, if at all. I'm sure it will be lovely on my wife, but it's not for me. It's worth mentioning that it's not a bad smell, it's just not the spicy, leathery-ness I was expecting.

AmoreProfumi

FINALLY!! just smelled this @ Nordstrom's today finally lol OMG! this BOMB fragrance is so warm && lovely && not even hardly spicy its actually quite smooth && beautiful , as for it it smelling like Ck Shock && 1 Million eh maybe a lil undertone of shock but it has something else with it tooo that makes it 10x better. To me on my skin I get an ever so lovely smell that subtly reminds me of my midnight in paris when it drys down which is why I think I like it. I really pick up on the leather && cinnamon which on me I'm also picking up a vanilla smell??...maybe the tobacco? plus this smells way diff on paper then on skin so deff. try it out && perhaps smell midnight to, to see my comparison...then again everyone's nose is diff so that prob wont matter...It wears on me kinda close to the skin I could only really smell it when my nose was like an inch away from my skin && it lasted for about 5-6 hrs...anyways I think I do want it now!! haha I was to busy on going off reviews I almost didn't give it a chance that'll teach me (WOA) deff. try something before you judge it. :)

midos
midos

If u like Cinnamonin perfume, then this is urs!! not bad

lfmars98
lfmars98

Sampled it today. Disappointing to say the least. Very similar to 1 Million; its spicier, but has that same bubblegum vibe as 1 Million; less loud though. Not worth what they're charging for it. I wouldn't buy it!

Edit: It smells similar to YSL La Nuit de L'Homme and 1 Million. It sticks to the skin but longevity is pretty good (10 hours). It's geared toward the younger crowd for sure. If you own one of the other two I mentioned here, don't buy this! 7.5/10.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Spice? Perhaps. Bomb? Yep - complete non-plus for me.. Overall? Meh. I would completely agree that this is similar to Ambre Narguille (my wife had me smell hers at the same time I was wearing Spicebomb, the Hermes was far preferable). And I'd definitely agree with iMaverick in that tobacco and leather aren't apparent, and the dry-down its a simple cinnamon but not much else.

All in all, I was expecting something that pushed the envelope much more. Something powerful, something striking, something that would leave a love-it-or-hate-it impression with me. Instead, this was really very common smelling. Citrus at the top, cinnamon at the heart, and a powdery dry-down that was underwhelming at best. For such a great list of notes, it's a disappointing outcome.

Not a buy.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This is One Million with a good dose of spice but does not get annoying and without a headache inducing cedar overdose. Why are a lot of scents for men created this way these days???

The initial spray is very spicy, and the overall sweetness and spiciness of this scent is tempered in the beginning with a lot of citrus notes, much like Hermes' Jardin sur le Nil. But it quickly fades, and the spiciness and sweetness comes full bore. One starts to think this is definitely the male counterpart of Flowerbomb. There's even a hint of booziness in this scent with starts to make me think of A*Men Pure Malt. In fact there's even the familiar plastic or waxy note that comes through in this scent, like Pure Malt.

The spiciness fades towards the drydown, and becomes candylike, and I start catching floral notes. It ends with a candied amber note.

I bought this scent knowing that I have a hard time wearing One Million and this is a more socially and nasally friendly scent.

Oh, and leather? What leather? Same goes for tobacco.

toohappy
toohappy

Love this juice. It reminds me of Ambre Narguille. Ver gourmand. I keep smelling nuances of it throughout the day. Definitely must get a full-size bottle. Love the grenade design too.

DULLAH
DULLAH

Victor & Rolf's newest offering, Spicebomb, fails at living up to it's moniker, it's packaging, and it's ad campaign. Fortunately, it is a very complex and interesting scent, with only a few awkward or out of place stages.

It begins with an electric rush of tart Bergamot, tart Grapefruit, and oily, fresh ground Baies Rose Peppercorns. I really like this opening, but it quickly morphs away from all the tart citrus and vibrant spice, and hits an embarrassing stage........an overly sweet, pre-teen-fruity bubblegum. Imagine a sweeter, more powdery version of the fruity pinkish-red candy from Paco Rabanne's 1 Million, and you have this stage cornered. This candied fruitness and powdery bubblegum overwhelms anything below it for some time, giving the wearer no hint as to what kind of beauty is to come. i don't get much Elemi, but I'm sure somewhere amidst all that fruitniness some citral is to be found, giving it a hint of credibility and sensible, warm, resinous citricness.

Eventually, this overly sweet candied fruity bubblegum gives way to a pleasantly cool, floral/spicy heart, where a mixture of both wet, dewy petals and powdery floral notes are smattered with several sweet and blunt spices. The moist, cool flower petal notes here really give this scent an interesting contrast, and make it's applicability in several different seasons more apparent than almost any other scent I've tried at the designer level. I don't have quite enough experience with Polge's Flowerbomb, but I will go back and test that one uber thoroughly to see what floral nuance or note they share, as it has been mentioned by others that their floral nature has similairites. All I can say is that the floral notes are pleasantly powdery (think Bvlgari man or Invasion Barbare), very cool,/chilly, and give a very contemporary unisex freshness to the overall sillage and effect of SpiceBomb.

As for the spiciness of the heart, Cinnamon and Clove are the most prominent, and at this stage one begins to detect a similarity to the initial rush of Cloves in the opening of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, amidst all the fresh, cool floral notes. Upon further development, the muted/blunt nature of both Saffron and Paprika add to the masculinity of the latter half of Spicebomb's heartnotes. And a very green, leafy vetiver&angelica accord moves in, and in conjunction with the remaining peppercorn, gives a light impression of Marc jacobs bang, or Malle's Bois D'Orage. I guess you could compare Spicebomb's use of green vetiver to the level of vetiverol used in Dior Homme Intense, amidst all the floral, woody and gourmand notes. Different scents, but similar proportions of floral/green/woody/gourmand.

Soon after the spices wear away some more, the scent becomes more and more like a cool summer version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille or L'occitane's Eav Des Bavx. Lots of Tonka Bean and Pipe Tobacco, but it has enough cool powdery floral notes, and green leafy vetiver/angelica to make it more than a spicy gourmand. At all times, Spicebomb seems like a true multi-season scent, even at it's most gourmand stage.

After the Tobacco Vanille sweetness dies down a bit, Spicebomb takes on a cinnamic bready/toasty quality alot like the latter stages of Creed's Royal Oud. I'm not exactly sure if it's the combo of Angelica/peppercorn/gourmand notes, but there is a stage they share, and I am mad for this stage of both scents.

Finally, after much of the sweetness has left the scent, it becomes more woody/floral/green/musky. I guess there might be some clean leather here as well, but I'm not much of a leather afficianado, so all this nuance is likely lost on me. the woody and floral aspect of this final drydown is not unlike the final quiet gasp of musk/cedar/floral notes/hint of tonka from Creed's Windsor, and the evergreen/white musk aspect is alot like the absolute final gasps of Mugler Cologne, Creed's Original Vetiver, or Guerlain's Cologne Du Parfumeur.

All in all, I think it ranks second in the younger Polge's resume behind Dior Homme....and if it had substantially less of the fruity bubblegum, and slightly more of it's spicy notes,tobacco/tonka notes, green notes, and woody/musky notes....I'd actually rank it as his #1. perhaps Spicebomb will yield enough success to produce an intense flanker with just the sort of aforementioned tweaks. God willing.

Great work Olivier.

On paper, Spicebomb has a cool spice and clean peppery aroma. However, it becomes warm with a lot of spicy sweet cinnamon on my skin, which reminds me of One Million by Paco Robanne and fellow closely by Original Santal by Creed. After 2-3 hours, it becomes smokey powdery vetiver with the same sweetness that projects throughout the scent. It smells clean and dirty at the same time, which is hard to explain. In my opinion, Spicebomb is more like an "Oriental Woody" than "Woody Spicy". It is not a must have of 2012, but I would love to collect this bottle nontheless. So I will wait for a while til I find it at a lower than retail price.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is a super spicy gourmand fragrance on my husband. There is a candied quality to the spices, which may be the way the heavy tobacco note is interacting with his chemistry. It's absolutely divine!!! The base is warm and heavenly in a way that reminds me of Givenchy Pi. It makes me want to sniff his wrist every few minutes. It's a unique woody-spicy scent, and I'm glad it doesn't smell like anything else out there (to me)! I want to add this to his collection as soon as possible.

$$
$$

I think its really dope but it should of came out in the begining of the fall.It smells similar to tom ford tobacco vanille when its first sprayed on but then the dry down takes over then its worth buying!
Like BAM NO WAY!!

Lana Lool

Yeah, nix on the leather or anything really animalic. The strongest notes are the elemi and tobacco, and I really love the use of the elemi here. Makes for a deeper darker borderline smoky dry fragrance. Leather would have been beautiful here, but I don't detect any. The whole thing is wrapped in kind of an artificial saffron, almost giving it a cardamom vibe when mixed with the cinammon. Not bad. I would have been happier with even more elemi and a touch of dry oud even. :)
After a couple of days of testing. Would I wear this? YES.
5-6/10

rickylai
rickylai

I like this fragrance! It smells very similar to Joop Homme with a bit peppery top note!

AmoreProfumi

Ah ok TY jon well even though I really want this I guess I can wait 17th's only a week away that's pretty good, && there's a Nord's just a 100 miles from me :D

jonr951

@AmoreProfumi Yeah you can order it now but it won't ship till, I think the Nordies site says the 17th. It would be awesome if you can get it early but the Nordies site does say the 17th. I hope you find it! : )

jonr951

Ok so I went to Nordies to test Spicebomb today and it's pretty great stuff! Unfortunately for me, they only had the tiny lab tester bottle so I wasn't able to bring a sample of it home to test it more. I agree 100% w/ the other reviews that it isn't the SPICE bomb that the name implies. Which is a ok in my book. I was afraid it was going to smell like the A*Men Taste of fragrance which is some pretty scary stuff in my book. On my wrist, Spicebomb reminded me of a much much much lighter version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. Which is wonderful in my book because the TF is just too syrupy sweet and strong for me. All the notes are perfect together if you ask me. It's lighter than I expected, it doesn't have the greatest lasting power, and it stays close to the skin. It's the perfect counterpart to their Flowerbomb but Flowerbomb's strength outshines Spicebomb's completely. Which is fine bcuz it is an edt. The drydown reminds me of something and it's driving me crazy that I can't put my finger on it. I sure hope someone can give their opinion of it because I am still drawing a complete blank. I could not be more thrilled about this one! Bravo V&R! It's definitely my favorite launch so far this yr. : )

Oh and it is only available for pre-order so I couldn't take a bottle home. SO sad! : (

2/26/12: I FINALLY got my bottle! So great! Ok who ever thinks this smells like Ambre Narguile, I agree 100% now! I think I'm totally off on the Tobacco Vanille comparison now. Haha. Great comparisons everyone. : )

Akahina
Akahina

Well, my favorite SA approached me at Nordstrom's last week and quickly sprayed a sample of this from what she called a "lab sample" bottle, not the pictured bottle in ads, just a small plain bottle. My first impression from smelling it on a card was, "I'll be darned, this smells great...a designer fragrance I may have to buy!"

I took my sample with me and decided to wear it yesterday.

On the card I could smell some spice and cinnamon and yes, some flowery notes and it was lovely. Very fresh and clean more than spicy. When I wore this I got very little spice at all, mostly just a sweet scent that reminded me of soap or maybe powder. I am not a powder fan but it was a clean smell that I enjoyed even if it did seem sort of powdery. Opens for me with citrus and a touch of spice...not a bomb of spice. Drydown was pleasant enough with just a hint of leather and more soapy clean smell. I go against what I have read about this lasting, for me it became a skin scent after a very few hours, about 3 I would say and I reapplied several times that day. It may last for some, but I use some powerfull scents that are quite concentrated and compared to what I am used to, this is weak. And yes, it reminded me of something and the best I can come up with is Kenzo Power, but I prefer Kenzo Power to this.

My short review would be, "Soapy, clean, a bit feminine and a nice scent for a young man that does not want to offend anyone and maybe attract the young ladies...who may want to steal his scent to wear themselves." I like this scent, it is simply not for me though, so yes, this is a bomb of sorts...and I was liking it at first and thought I would buy this. In the end, I will not.

I honestly do like this scent so please read my review as my opinion for me. This is better than most designer scents and one to check out, just don't expect all the spices that the name suggests!

AmoreProfumi

OMG! I'm actually excited for a fragrance! I guess because I love the way flower bomb smells, that I hope the men's version will be just as enjoyable, ugh I guess I just have to wait && see I can't wait for March, I tell ya if its absolutely amazing I'm so splurging on the bigger bottle! :D

armaniboy

Seriously it has been a looong time since i was excited by a fragrance. What i can smell here is a cross between potion-haute couture-midnight in paris. A leathery cinnamon like dry-down which to my senses is fantastic-not to mention it made me happy. Will be getting one "bomb" soon.LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

p.s i hope it doesn't get too popular :) just popular enough :D

tuscany
tuscany

I just bought myself a bottle of this juice to day at Debenhams,here in Cyprus...sweet smell but you can smell the tabbaco and the cinnomon mixed together,really amazing..

at the moment I'm getting 4hrs and still going strong,has settled but to a relaxing tone..

Bottle is abit cheesy but it's what's in the bottle..

marioslg3
marioslg3

I tried this yesterday for a while. for me smells like spice with cinnammon buble gum....this with 1 million, shock by CK and 212 vip men, are sharing a lot of similarities..different perfumes actually but they are sharing a lot....
I would not see anyone above 25 max 30 to wear this. it is a collage perfume, not for mature men. The smell is delicous somehow but too sweet. Cinnammon sweet buble gum, this is it with pepper.

jonr951

I NEED this NOW! There's a fun video for Spicebomb on youtube. March is too far away! : (

querelle
querelle

Very nice and interesting opening with the citruses and saffron united in a subtle bitterness, a bit of leather for the moderate macho-ness, the whole thing lasts, more or less, ten minutes and after that what you've left with is FLOWERBOMB!
I really, really wanted to like this one but Victor and Rolf fell for the trend which haunts modern perfumery: confusion, mediocrity and lack of inspiration..

Excellent bottle though..

janine76

Love this Fragrance, as I love Flowerbomb, Eau Mega & Antidote, This mans frgarnce is def nicer than the Antidote, Love the initial blast of pepper & vetiver , and dry down is very powdery
Def be buying this for my Fiance, been looking for a special fragrance for our wedding Day and I think this is the one for him!!

Hilaire
Hilaire

Just bought this at Harrods, where it's exclusive till March or something, and despite the fact that it only comes in EdT I really really like it. I was surprised at how floral it smells, the spices revolve around a rich floral heart (which I think must be the Saffron, which does have a floral character), creating a soft and elegant melange which sometimes feels fruity/floral and sometimes has hints of Egg Nog or Creme Anglaise.

I think many men will find this too feminine, I find it gorgeous and very sexy.

Can't comment on longevity yet, but I think it's fair, and sillage is moderate.

P.S. My mother wants her bedroom to smell of this apprently. LOL

tomkbh
tomkbh

Tried this in Paris Airport the other day (they had just finished putting them up on the shelf!)- it smelt great - keeping up with alot of the current trends as many fragrences of early 2012 but it is certainly a fragrence to younger people - it has alot of spicy sweetness - so right for me - i got a bottle ;)

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

Just got an email from Viktor & Rolf's site yesterday, and still gonna have to wait til March 7th to be launched worldwide.

Fragboy80
Fragboy80

Yes I can't wait for this one the notes look amazing hopefully the store I work for gets this one. The bottle will look great on my armoire.

kevinmok
kevinmok

This bottle will be fun getting through the airport customs...true story, i got pull up with HUGO BOSS - Boss In Motion Electric...good luck for this one

angelic4296
angelic4296

I agree, ridiculous to even try to analyze the smell of it before you've actually smelled it! Come on, be serious!

RIVI1969

It is very interesting reading reviews of stuff is not even out yet!!

Finally my wife gave me this perfume as a birthday gift and instantly became one of my top 5 scents. Love the spiciness, and seems I read many reviews that Hanae Mori HIM is a better Spicebomb, then I cannot wait to try it too.

OrangeSatchel89
OrangeSatchel89

been waiting for the "bomb" pour homme... cant wait till january.. it must smell great from the notes...

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I don´t know whether the perfume is a bomb,but the model sure is a sexbomb :)

angelico
angelico

The Combination of Tobacco & Leather with a top note of Bergamot & Pink Pepper ... it make this fragrance Fresh & Elegent at the same time, Leather as a luxurious Note as well as Tobacco,Bergamot & Pink Papper as a relax and frech notes, vetiver and cinammon represent warme nature & a classical farme house where we can fell the smell of (pure cup tea, rain, pure air|) :) I want deeply to test it

wellhellothar
wellhellothar

Please quit giving it positive reviews before it's even out...

bp
bp

It seems to me to be excellent.
For now I can say that the bottle is spectacular.
Advertising is also fantastic.
I am eager to test it.

Spicebomb by Viktor&Rolf 4.14 out of 5 based on 1801 ratings and 418 user reviews

Aftershave 3.3oz
Perfume.com
Spicebomb Cologne by Viktor Rolf - 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Spicebomb Cologne by Viktor Rolf - 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.04oz
Viktor Rolf Spicebomb Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3.04oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.7oz 2pcs
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette 3 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Viktor Rolf Spicebomb Titanium Edition 3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Viktor Rolf Spicebomb Titanium Edition 3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.04oz
Viktor Rolf Spicebomb Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3.04oz After Shave Balm 50ml 1.7oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.7oz 3pcs
Viktor Rolf Spicebomb Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5.07oz
Viktor Rolf Spicebomb Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5.07oz
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette 5 oz.
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette 5 oz.
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette 5 oz
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette 5 oz
Eau De Toilette
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette
Viktor Rolf 'Spicebomb' Eau de Toilette

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spicebomb by Viktor&Rolf. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spicebomb by Viktor&Rolf represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.