Designers » T-Z » Woody Chypre « Groups

Hedonist Viktoria Minya for women

Hedonist Viktoria Minya for women
dislike

rum
Hedonist Viktoria Minya for women Pictures Hedonist Viktoria Minya for women Pictures

Award winning Hungarian perfumer Viktoria Minya acquired the art of fragrance formulation in the cradle of modern perfumery, the picturesque French city of Grasse. After working for various perfume houses in the region, she decided to embrace her own talents fully through the founding of her own company and signature fragrance line, for which she cherishes the use of the finest quality ingredients and original creation techniques. As an independent artist, her creativity is not bound by any constraints; Viktoria carefully formulates her creations by following only the inspiration of her heart and deepest emotions. She currently lives and practices her art in her studio in Paris, France.

Hedonist, the first fragrance in the Viktoria Minya line, calls upon the spirit of hedonism - the art of devotion to the pleasure of the senses. Indeed, this bold creation's aim is to provide a prolonged sense of indulgence to its wearer. The perfume is not only an enchanting olfactory experience, but an overall celebration of the infinite delight of the senses. To delight the sense of sight, this unique and heady scent is artfully presented within a beautifully crafted bottle filled with hundreds of genuine bohemian crystals that sparkle brilliantly, suspended within a divine golden liquid. To delight the sense of touch, the bottle itself is enclosed within a handmade wooden box fashioned to capture the sleek look and feel of snakeskin leather.

Designed for the woman who dares to be true to her desires, Hedonist is a rich and provocative fragrance that combines the sweetness of love with the power of lust. Lush floral notes of jasmine and orange blossom absolute flirt with the dark intensity of rum absolute and the subtle spiciness of the world's finest woods for a scent that is as captivating as it is unforgettable.

Top notes: rum CO2, bergamot, peach

Heart notes: jasmine absolute, orange flower absolute, osmanthus absolute, tobacco

Base notes: vetyver, cedarwood, vanilla

Hedonist was launched in 2013.

Peach Rum Bergamot

212 VIP

Hedonist Fragrance Reviews

malika1979
malika1979

Hedonist is Art, with capital 'A'! The scent is poetic, like a love letter wrote in an better century, shining like the one of those warm summer days, but still has a modern vibe to it! Although I only own it since a few weeks, it's become one of my favorite! For me it is more a mood booster then a dirty, sexy scent, but it definitely has an effect on men!

lovepie
lovepie

Recent blind buy, and I have to be honest here, it was mostly for the bottle, but this turned out to be my new favorite scent, it is SEXY! On my skin I detect honey and sensual woody notes, less the flowery part though, that people seem to find very appealing.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Viktoria Minya Hedonist
The first time I saw Venice, Italy, I wept. It was dusk and the sky was my favorite shade of blue. There was a warm gentle wind. The canal glittered with the soft glow of flickering lights. Elegantly dressed people jumped into boats and jetted back and forth over the Grand Canal. Lovers walked arm in arm over the cobblestone streets. People were dining casually along the water’s edge eating sumptuous food from gilded plates, laughing and talking excitedly. It was a feast for the senses.

I am from a county whose creed is “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” but this was my first taste of hedonism, or the pursuit of pleasure. Happiness is so difficult to quantify. How will you ever know when you’re truly happy? Pleasure is so much easier to attain, however, once you feel sated, you run the risk of overindulging; never wanting the good feeling to end. Also, the pursuit of happiness involves an endless reaching for the brass ring, whereas with hedonistic pleasure, you have to stay at the top of your game; to look your best and to be your best self in order to attract the greatest pleasures in life to you. This is the first time a perfume has made me feel that way. I feel like myself, but much much better.

This perfume was so appropriately named. It is the ultimate skin scent. It is soft, warm, sexy, mysterious, fresh, rich, indulgent, clean, and opulent all at once. It opens with a clean sweet osmanthus that wears like a musk similar to Bellissima Intense, but where Bellissima becomes sweet, Hedonist becomes sultry with tobacco and honeyed peach, but the honey is the star of the show. Kama Sutra makes an edible honey powder for intimate moments that is applied to your partner with a feather. This is that same idea as a perfume; it is as soft as a feather and as rich as honey, yet it melts perfectly into the skin, enhancing your own natural skin scent with a subtle sweetened scent. It’s your skin, but much much better

danaklein
danaklein

Although I'm more into vintage perfumes, this recent discovery gives me hopes that traditional french perfumery is still alive. Hedonist reminds me of the big classics while it has a pleasant modern vibe to it.

tamarababa
tamarababa

The fragrance is surprisingly sexy and luxurious on me, the bottle is a must have for collectors.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Very pleasant scent of osmanthus, rum and peach, quite dense and sweet. It does smell like spicy and boozy honey but I do not detect any woods. I like it, do not love it, and find it overpriced for what it is. I would have considered a bottle if it was reasonably priced but for almost $200 for 50ml I will pass.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

Should you need less beehive, and a lighter approach to peach centred perfumes I would recommend Nectarine Blossom and Honey by Jo Malone; it is indeed less creamy and oppulent but it's fresher and- mind you- younger. The resemblance of the two potions is more evident once each perfume's initial notes silence, where the drydowns betray their relation.

proverbialromance
proverbialromance

Picture a meadow with trees full of ripe, boozy peaches.
Now imagine a beehive slowly oozing rich, succulent honey down onto the peaches from the branches above.
A breeze stirs the air, bringing the scent of flowers basking in the golden rays of the sun from the meadow and the hint of shadowed woods nearby.
The slightest trace of tobacco lingers in the air from a mysterious stranger who passed through sometime before.
That, my friends, is Hedonist. I treasure every second this perfume lingers on my skin. It lasts around 8 hours before fading to a whisper of scent that clings for a few hours longer. Sillage is moderate, dependent of course on how much restraint you are capable of having when it comes time to douse yourself in this glorious concoction.

professorlilith
professorlilith

I purchased a sample and have worn it for a few days. The opening is stunning--a deluge of orange- and peach-scented honey. It calmed down within a few minutes on my skin and then became nicely sweet and a little smoky, and in the end I mostly got vanilla and a little sandlewood. So for me I opens gorgeous but--and my nose isn't all that sophisticated, so others may smell more--the rest of it is good but not awe-inspiring. I get moderate staying power from just a couple of dabs, so you probably get more with the atomizer.

Update: I've worn it for about twenty hours now and have found it sticking around for 8-9 hours quite well this time sound. The honey smell lasted for a couple hours, too, before moving to the second note. The weather is much colder and drier today, and I didn't put on moisturizer before applying the pefume.

...and another update. It's some weeks later, and the weather has turned very cold (5-15 F or -12 to -15 C) and suddenly the honey and orange stay on my skin for hours. The sillage has expanded, too. It now trails me by a few feet for several hours and then stays about half an arm length for most of the day.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Definitely a sweet gourmand. I love good quality honey dripping from the comb, and if nothing else this is an homage to bees - wonderful, underrated creatures that our entire ecosystem relies on

But it's a bit like being force-fed ladles of honey. Hedonists are unashamed over indulgers but it depends what you want to over indulge in. Are hedonists allowed to be discerning? If not then I suppose I'm not a hedonist.

Overwhelmed as I was I couldn't fully appreciate all the other notes as I was drenched in sweetness, but yes the tobacco and vetiver emphasise the smoky quality of honey on the comb very well.

Excellent quality, in its field, buzzing with busy bees

pravda48
pravda48

(blind testing) this started out all incense on me, which I really didn't expect. I'm not sure, maybe the tobacco in it is such a type as to remind me of incense? :) But then as it dried down I definitely got peach and vanilla, albeit still a smokey toned peachy thing; like a peach incense stick. Warm and inviting, I enjoy it.

Initially it does have the tobacco/jasmine vibe of Jasmine et Cigarette by ELDO, but w/ other peachy tones in the background as well. I get no booze from this, thank goodness! (Still to date the only real booze I've ever gotten in a frag. was from Kilian and Frapin =P)

I'd gladly douse myself in it if given it but I won't seek it out at that price unless someone tries to get rid of a bottle on ebay (and why ever would they!)

EDIT: honestly, it's a bit too smoky for me. And I always thought I adored smoky frags, but the more this dries down the more the tobacco seems to get a big rough for my tastes. I think it's tobacco + cedar + peppery vetiver in the drydown that makes this happen on my skin. Only this and Jasmin et Cig. have had that effect on me so far w/ tobacco, but w/ that one it's immediately too much... vs the kind of slow-burn I got from this baby.

timmd75
timmd75

I absolutely love this fragrance. I originally bought it shortly after being released for a birthday present for a close friend however after smelling it, I found it so sexy and enticing that I couldn't give it to her and instead sits on my shelf waiting to give to "the one" that deserves to wear this as I want to appreciate during intimate moments and not on a friend. All the women I have let smell this quite enjoy it but I think their husbands are likely to love it even more....if it has the same effect on them that it has on me. ;)

cmagot

After a few weeks of wearing Hedonist, I dare to claim it to be the feminin counterpart of Creed's Aventus. My husband says this is the sexiest scent I ever had! ...Same for me with Aventus on him!

Roge'
Roge'

I wiffed on the gender meter and thought the accords would over-compensate for Fragrantica's feminine tag for Hedonist. I was wrong and should of deemed this a scrubber but i hung in there and decided to test it. With that being said, this is a decent fragrance for anyone interested in white fruity florals. I will say this much: I didn't get any rum, the peach is minimal and the jasmine is in full effect. Be forewarned, the opening is very cloying hence not meant for tight spaces(a la airplane). In all honesty, im not qualified to judge this perfume but if you're a woman, you should check this out.

le feu
le feu

Oh my gosh! That's perfect perfume for me! Everything is perfect. Every detail! The box. The name. Funny and lovely playing bunch of the crystals in the bottle. Bottle itself is a piece of art. And the fragrance.... so rich, so uplifting and feminine! Deliciously elegant blend of rum, peach and osmanthus. Lasts forever! At least 7 hours. Base is also very interesting and unique.
I'm in love with Hedonist. I'm the Hedonist :)

ultracat
ultracat

Peachy honey vanilla rum, in that order. Then more honey in the drydown. Warm and yummy. Gourmand scent lovers should definitely give this a sniff. Though I'll wear it out and about sometimes, I mostly like to spritz this on before bed, or at home when I'm in my pajamas curled up with cocoa and an ebook. Delicious and comforting, very fun to wear.

gomt
gomt

Peach, rum and tobacco. At times it reminds me a little of By Kilian's Back to Black, but it's sweeter and more feminine. The first fifteen minutes or so really went to my head, then it turned cosy and sensual. A beautiful perfume to spoil yourself with (do it, do it!).

Michelina
Michelina

This is one delectably adult fragrance. Heady and sweet, yet so far from cloying - the sweetness is lush rather than sugary. Peach dominates in the beginning, but melds beautifully with the orange blossom and vanilla giving one that smooth-as-silk sillage. Rum, cedar, and tobacco accords add a slight dash of spice and intrigue to the mix, ultimately creating a lovely, long-lasting fragrance that is as elegant as it is so very voluptuous.

And need I mention the ridiculously charming bottle? The price, however, is no joke; this would make a gorgeous gift for someone special.

batkitty
batkitty

Hedonist starts out as pure orange blossom honey on me, not so much peach as many seem to smell. It's a nice accord, but it takes about an hour for more notes to emerge. By that point I start to detect a bit of osmanthus, vanilla, and maybe a touch of rum, but at the same time things have quieted down so much that I am only vaguely aware of a sweet peachy waft in the air. It seems to last about four hours for me. Oh well, I enjoyed my sample, it was quite pretty but I don't feel the need for more. But I really envy all of you who got the best out of this one. I can imagine it's wonderful on the right person!

floof
floof

a rich, boozy peach covered in honey. if you like the sound of that, consider a sample. the depth and sophistication might surprise you for such sweet ingredients.

i love it and dont have anything like it.

cmagot

Unprecedently beautiful packaging, probably the most beautiful bottle I own. The scent is quite special, changing and charismatic at the same time. I would say this perfume is not for everybody, you have to have the guts to wear it. Not because the scent is so extravagant, actually it is very easy to wear, but casue it has a unique masculin side to it which is pretty loud at the beginning.

Youssef_Maggi
Youssef_Maggi

Beautiful fragrance, it is absolut magic, a real love affair!
I cant stop smiling when wearing it! First it comes off as harsh and overwhelming, but it calms quickly down to a luxurious caress.

STRAG
STRAG

I almost didn't care what it smells like cause the bottle is a must have anyways, but the scent turned out to be stunning! One of the most remarkable niche perfume I've got to smell recently.

magdalena.shiu
magdalena.shiu

Unique scent, it's sweet, mysterious and sensual. From all my collection, I get the most compliment when I wear this perfume.

Py
Py

I love this scent so much. The longer it wears the more the elegant honey peach comes out. It's sophisticated while still being sweet.

VM is such a sweetie to deal with, not to mention super talented and with great aesthetic taste to boot.

Everyone loves this scent, me, the boy, my sister, random strangers...

I just can't seem to find another scent I'd want a bottle of more than this one! I only wish that she sold bigger bottles so I could spray with more abandon!

paojaime
paojaime

What a delicious parfum... it is an experience. I ordered a sample online and it arrived yesterday. I tried it on my wrist after I finished cooking and the smell was intoxicating. It is pure honey and peach nectar, but it evolves with the rum and tobacco. It's a grounded scent, almost classic and yet something you've never smelled before. This is where I coincide with other reviewers and bloggers that it is old fashioned and contemporary at the same time. It is not a ripe sweet linear fruity fragrance for the common wearer. If that is what you are looking for, you won't find it in this perfume. The scent is sophisticated and mature, slightly floral with a lot of honey. The rum gives it a sort of darkness.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Surprising!
I really liked, peach is a feminine note, I can not sees it in men's perfumes, in my opinion and taste.
The alcoholic touch while the creamy vanilla, let him unisex for me.
There is something soap together, through intriguing, sophisticated.
As a luxurious dessert peach, something like that, amazing

patricia.goodnow
patricia.goodnow

I usually only read around here, but now I HAD to register here just to be able to comment on this perfume! It's the best creation I smelled since a few years!!!

It's full of emotions, as another commenter said, it completely mesmerizes its wearer.

Starts with quite strong bergamot notes, I directly smell the peach along with the osmanthus that makes it more natural and quite earthy - woody - dry. Then the perfume softens within a few minutes, it turns creamy and slightly sweet, but in a very mature and elegant way.
Classy and luxurious, the attitude reminds me of another favorite of mine: Narciso Rodriguez for Her. It doesn't smell alike at all, but it's effortless sophistication is pretty similar.

As time passes, there is more and more personality to the fragrance, and finally, for quite a few hours I can smell a wonderful base of musks, vetiver and patchouli.

Perfection.

zsuzsa.popucza
zsuzsa.popucza

It´s not the delightful, pink, forever happiness hedonism. There´s a lot sadistic/masochistic in it, of course not in vulgar way but still, need a different taste to enjoy it. Sensual and erotic but i feel more volume of the emotions. It says: I need to suffer to have the balance and it´s even better coz I love this pain.

xliMilx
xliMilx

I love it, its amazing and am getting it for my wife, unless I did drink it!!

alright after its been over 16 hours, i can still smell it on my skin, but its lost its sillage, i cant describe its smell and notes like most people BUT, i can say am smelling an art combined with quality, me as man i find it the best thing that my wife can wear for me.

jamjazz
jamjazz

very unique fragrance! although the name would suggest something loud and overwhelming, it is an elegant perfume at first and only when develops, it becomes very sexy. Hedonist starts surprisingly dry, even though there is a decent amount of osmanthus and its peachy effect detectable, the vetyver and noble woods add a special luxurious feeling to the compostion.

mariamaria23
mariamaria23

Hedonist is extremely wonderful! It's a very pretty scent, very unique, with beautiful packaging! I had a hard time finding recently a niche gem that is UNIQUE and easily WEARABLE in the same time!
I smell mysteriously dry vetyver with sophisticated osmanthus, and a lovely woody-musky-vanilla base that stays on and on and on for hours, the perfume really has great longevity.
I have to admit at first sniff, I didn't find it sexy, for me it's not dirty or provoking but it definitely has an effect on my BF, who finds this very sensual on me!!! That's all what matters!!! ;-D

If there could be a dessert that was made of a thin layer of rum-soaked spice cake, topped with baked peaches drizzled in honey, that's what I get from Hedonist at the first spray. But it becomes a skin scent on me far too quickly.

Hedonist seems to be gourmand on me, not chypre. I don't get anything chypre here, maybe just a little bit of woods, but I don't think that makes it a chypre.

When I first wore it, I was certain I smelled spices like cinnamon and clove. I finally realized there is a note of tobacco, which tends to smell like ashy cinnamon on my skin, a quality I generally like.

I don't really smell flowers, maybe osmanthus.

The scent of it is really golden, reminding me of honey and ambrosia with a glass of Alsacian gewurstraminer.

I wouldn't describe it as hedonistic. It's like peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream, which is not something I associate with their description above of desire, love, provocation, or lust--unless you are referring to gluttony. But it's still very nice. I bought it without sampling first. The bottle and presentation are indeed beautiful. More perfumers should care about those things.

The actual perfume is only a "like" for me, but the beautiful presentation almost makes it worth collecting. It dries down to a bland peach juice scent within an hour, and all trace of scent is gone from my skin within 5 hours.

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

Its an impressive fragrance. It rivals the top of the line brand fragrances out there on the market. It you won't to be identified as wearing nice expensive fragrance that makes people shout amazing things about the perfume you are wearing then consider this above all the other ones that have taken you on a orgasmic ride. Very nice, creamy, and seductive for any women who wants to be noticed anywhere! Also this isn't a copy cat or a common fragrance that is on everyone but exclusive. Try it and you won't regret it!

Dove01
Dove01

I received my bottle of Hedonist this morning. I am in love already. The bottle and the presentation box are beautiful. The scent is honeyed peach, warm and sumptuous. It's creamy and intoxicating. I get sparkling peach and rum to start, then orange, jasmine and vanilla. It's decadent and delicious. Very feminine and unlike a number of other niche perfumes I own, instantly wearable. It's a classic beauty. I also think women of all ages will appreciate this. I think the previous post restricting this amazing scent to the over forties is not the case. I don't think it's for teenagers but it's certainly edgy enough for confident twenty somethings! I am in my thirties and it's my new crush. Absolutely worth the money. I was also lucky enough to have Viktoria call me to check that my order had arrived. Such a thrill!

fraggy25
fraggy25

I saw the bottle in the suggested perfumes on the left bar of fragrantica and I couldnt not click on it!
It is so rare these days to have a bottle so beautiful that I would even put it in my saloon instead of a artwork. These days, the bottles are the cheapest most simple one... I like when the perfume is not only a scented liquid but a piece of art by itself. or else, let them put it in a plastic bag!
I would definitely buy the bottle and show off with it :)

SMIG25perfumes
SMIG25perfumes

the whole packaging is soooo sophisticated, so artistic!!!! but the scent is the purest luxury, so unique and sexy!

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is a gorgeous fragrance, but I have smelled this somewhere else before.

I also would like to point out that this fragrance is for someone over 40, I do not see this fragrance on anyone younger than 40.

The smell is very rich honey like with some very interesting undertones, it lasts and lasts ( nothing lasts longer than 1 hour on my skin ) but this perfume lasted several hours.

The bottle is obviously perfection, if you want to spoil your mom for mother's day give this to her as a gift.

I would say it's worth the money of 180 dollars a bottle, because it is a truly gorgeous fragrance in a truly gorgeous bottle, a real perfume.

torilar
torilar

I received the sample in the post today after reading the review on Fragrantica. I think this may be "THE ONE"!!!... I have never smelt anything quite like this before. Now I just have to find the 130 Euros to buy the bottle.

jeca
jeca

This is a beautiful classy fragrance, sweet, fruity, gourmand and chypre ;o)) I've enjoyed wearing it, especially when the weather was quite cold and rainy (in Italy during Esxence), it was my ray of the sun, a very cheerful fragrance ;o)

claudia0219
claudia0219

Amazing fragrance, sexy and sensous all at the same time. I definitely get some Peach in this, but its deep and luscious, nothing child like or fruity here....all grown up sexy woman scent.

gettheetoanunnery
gettheetoanunnery

This is really pretty for want of a better term. I first got a big hit of peach melded with vetiver and jasmine, with the vanilla lurking in the background. After 15 minutes the boozy tobacco note arrived - but it was clean instead of intoxicating, if that make sany sense - perhaps the vetiver keeping it in check? After several hours, a lovely cedar and vailla combination with a fruity underpinning (couldn't discern peach at this stage, just fruit)
Lovely as it is, with wonderful longevity, on my skin, feels like a piece of the puzzle is missing.
Still - really nicely blended,notes melded well without vieing for a solo performance.

Spartan25
Spartan25

Whatever is inside, i love the bottle for my collection :) if what is inside is nice like everyone says, it will be "the cherry on the cake" like we say in french!

VKersjes
VKersjes

This perfume makes me think of lazy summers when I first use it. Warm lush evenings, with bees buzzing. It also gives me images of elegant ladies in white dresses in rowing boats, like the ladies in some of Monets paintings.

Sampat
Sampat

Just bought it; the scent develops very well and becomes amazing after around 15min on the skin

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Finally.....a perfume for the unashamed Hedonist!

Hedonist by Viktoria Minya 4.32 out of 5 based on 164 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Viktoria Minya Hedonist fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Viktoria Minya Hedonist, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hedonist by Viktoria Minya. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hedonist by Viktoria Minya represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.