Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Hedonist Iris Viktoria Minya for women

Hedonist Iris Viktoria Minya for women
dislike

Hedonist Iris Viktoria Minya for women Pictures Hedonist Iris Viktoria Minya for women Pictures Hedonist Iris Viktoria Minya for women Pictures Hedonist Iris Viktoria Minya for women Pictures

Hedonist Iris by Viktoria Minya is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Hedonist Iris was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Viktoria Minya. The fragrance features bergamot, pink pepper, black currant, iris, cedar, cacao pod, musk and labdanum.

Bergamot Pink Pepper Black Currant iris Cedar Cacao Pod Musk Labdanum

Hedonist Iris Fragrance Reviews

lilalina
lilalina

This starts of with a lot of iris and musk, kind of suede feel to it. Then it settles into a more tangy/fruity black currant musk.. not sweet, more bitter with a slight sharpness to it.

archivist
archivist

I've never smelled blackcurrant used to such gorgeous effect, so judiciously, so artfully. I ordered a sample of this from Minya's website, as it is quite difficult to find in the states. I haven't smelled any of the other Hedonists, but now I would very much like to do so.

This review is of a dab sample, not a spray. I did sacrifice a new decant atomizer by sticking it in the dab vial and spraying from it, and the difference between the two methods is substantial. That's my only caveat.

This opens as a very elegant iris wrapped in white mink; the first impression is of high quality, elegance, understated opulence. There is nothing pretentious or ostentatious about this perfume's wealth; it is simply present. To be honest, I was expecting it to be ostentatious because of the bottle design. I mean... You know. It looks a little over the top to me, showy. But this is an excellent perfume, crafted with such subtlety. Like a silk scarf that has a rolled hem instead of stitched - you can't see from any distance whether it's the former or the latter, but you can tell because of the fluidity of the silk. A rolled hem gives the silk an undulating quality when it moves with motion or a breeze. Stitching takes a great deal of suppleness out of the silk. A rolled edge costs the moon, it takes time, it is done by hand, meticulously. A machine cannot do it. It is art, not technology. This too is art, not technology. You perceive this even if it cannot be analyzed. The materials retain their soul because they are treated with respect and love and understanding.

As the perfume melds with the skin and warms up, the blackcurrant and cacao bring a hint of kindness and comfort to the forefront. These two notes are almost always overpowering to my nose - nothing has the capacity to turn me off more than syrupy blackcurrant and cacao that feels unpleasantly thick in the nose. Other reviews of mine about other perfumes feature my dislike of those qualities in the use of these notes.

Here, they are done with the most graceful and artistic strokes - I never even imagined that this kind of deftness was possible with blackcurrant and cacao, it seemed like they were inevitably going to be the bulls in the china shop when used. But here...

Maria Callas envelopes you in a hug and kisses you on the cheek.

Elegant, so elegant, but with such warmth and sweetness just under the surface.

Viktoria Minya is Hungarian, and her perfume house is Parisian, but this perfume to me is Maria Callas - Italian and Greek: elegant, poised, confident in its individual and non-comparative perfection, perhaps a bit aloof at first but ultimately unafraid to be vulnerable and kind.

I've seen iris paired with blackcurrant and cacao many times before, but this is exceptionally good. That said, I think I'll stick with my Iris Odori, and DelRae Mythique if it comes to a bottle purchase of a fragrance I don't have, because those suit my personality better.

TassieDk
TassieDk

This is alright, but I won't buy a full bottle. I think I can clearly smell the iris, and not much else, but that's alright.

TeresaParker
TeresaParker

This perfume has surpised me. It's just fantastic. When I wear it, my husband becomes crazy about me. If I go with my husband to an evening, or to the theater, many people are looking at me. I can see it on their eyes, that strangers are asking in their mind, what's that perfume, what is she wearing. I shew it to my collegues at work, and they are just facinated. One of them I think already ordered one. It s just great. Another friend of mine got one for their anniversary. Yes it's a perfect gift, but beyond that it's just something fantastic.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Minya's Hedonist Iris is a truly stunning iris that will make iris lovers everywhere rejoice. It opens with a cool buttery iris note and a strong cacao pod note. The pepper is there, too, but the combined pepper and cacao come across initially like spice notes. The cacao pod is a bit "funky" smelling at first, but it smooths out to a stunning balance to the musk and currant notes. The drydown of this scent is rich with cedar. To my nose, the cedar becomes more prominent during the mid-phase of the scent and then starts to fade a bit after a few hours. The cedar is so well balanced with the other notes it does not smell anything like conifer trees.

Longevity on this fragrance is a good 6 hours with some sillage and a skin scent for much longer. Hedonist Iris is never a strong scent. It has subtlety but longevity at the same time. I could smell it as a faint skin scent after 12 hours.

I love this fragrance because it is not your mother's iris. There is no violet or rose in this baby; it's different and modern. It goes its own way but Hedonist Iris still delivers a beautiful, elegant, well balanced smooth iris fragrance. I find it to be unisex although it does have some softness and a bit of powderiness to it. The currant gives it a nice edge that makes it appropriate for a man or a woman. Finally, the bottle is spectacular and the box is a beautiful presentation also.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Every time I wear my sample, I fall deeper under the spell of Hedonist Iris. It's a slightly (not overly) powdery iris with a fairly strong dose of cacao and a surprising touch of tangy cassis. I know there are many members on this site who are big iris lovers, and I would highly recommend this. I have owned a couple of powdery perfumes with cacao, but I think Hedonist Iris smells like the finest such fragrance. It is classy and discreetly sexy.

I believe the cacao combined with iris is what gives it a velvety, buttery texture that reminds me of suede. It is not sweet, so a man who can handle a bit of powder can wear this and smell sexy too. Sillage is charming, not overpowering, and it amplifies as the perfume warms on my skin. I am not typically a big fan of iris, but this is one iris perfume I truly desire. Very nice, very nice indeed...

[Update 8/21/15: I now own a bottle, and it is even more gorgeous when you get a nice big spray rather than dabbing from a vial. Sillage is great, and you can really smell the complexity. Definitely a luxurious, sensual scent]

attila1945
attila1945

This is the "cleanest" scent from the series! I agree though with others claiming that it has a very elegant feature, a posh type of allure, which I appreciate too. I have no idea how IRis root smells like, but I can confirm that the iris flowers have this delicate aroma that the perfume catches well.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Hedonist Iris" has a cool, creamy texture that reminds me of body milk. I get a smooth, natural blackcurrant warmly embraced by a very subtle and dry cacao pod. It is not gourmandishly sweet at all, which surprised me considering the cloying intensity of the original Hedonist. Nor is it densely powdery. It has the same charm to me as "Premiere Figuer" by L'Artisan - obviously with completely different notes, but with the same soft, balmy quality.

Much like the other release "Hedonist Rose", it quite reserved and fairly linear, but the structure, texture and balance achieved here is much more impressive. This is a good day wear scent; gentle and non-intrusive.

danaklein
danaklein

I would like to find my new signature fragrance, I'm trying Hedonist Iris. I'm trying a sample size to see how this one wears with my skin. I am used to vintage perfumes, cause I feel there is more "depth" in them, and I really think of expressing myself with scents.
I was suggested long time ago to try Viktoria Minya's Hedonist, as it seems, there is a vintage aspect to it. It is definitely full of amazing materials, I can smell that much, for sure! I loved it, still one of the most unique in my collection, however I find it overpowering some days.

Hedonist Iris is much much easier to wear, although it still is very unique, even among the growing number of irises out there! This one concentrates of the flower instead of the root, hence it is less powdery and more feminine!
The initial spray of this smells amazing on my skin. I'm almost at a loss for words here, simply because with my chemistry- which can only handle good old creations like vintage YSL and Chanel usually.

The longer this wears on my skin, the more alluring it is becoming - but I'm still at a loss for exactly what to say. It is almost indescribable, although I studied the ingredients carefully. I get the green juicy blackcurrant, I get a flowery cuddle to it, and I get a lot of LOVE - as weird as it sounds, this triggers a lot of emotion.

20 - 30 minutes into the scent, it suddenly becomes sexy and mysterious and very alluring. It doesn't have a great sillage, which at this point I rather appreciate, as I prefer to have an intimate relationship with my frags.

About 4-5 hours of wear, and this has dried down to a soft and pleasent scent, still very pleasent, but like before, stays close to the skin.

After 7-8 hours, the perfume is still present, not much changed in the last few hours, sillage is becoming lower though.

All in all, I think I might have found the One I was searching for, and although I was hoping it will be a cheaper bottle - this one has real Iris Butter, which the girls in the forum are telling me cost a fortune.
I think this will be my self-Christmas gift, an amazing quality scent that triggers so much pleasant emotions, not offending anybody, very different from anything I own and well, yes, the bottle is pretty amazing too.

malika1979
malika1979

adorable frag, very easy-going AND classy in the same time!

Sampat
Sampat

Great job Viktoria Minya!!! Another great fragrance refined and elegant.

tloret
tloret

My favorite iris. My favorite fragrance in general among all latest releases. It's a stunner!

It starts with a sublime mix of red fruits and bergamot, I get also watermelon for some reason, but definitely acquatic too, in a unique and original way, not like cool water stuff.
It's rich and refined, sweet and cuddly, but all the way luxurious and elegant. Fabulous!

Towards the drydown, it becomes more muted and suede like due to the cedarwood, it's less sweet and definitely stays closer to the skin. Wonderful, but very quiet. I have a very dry skin, usually i have a problem with longevity, not sillage - in this perfume I get less sillage but I can smell it almost for days on my skin!!!
I literally smell fresh and creamy ,powdery and musky and luxe- all at once.
I tried Hedonist by Viktoria Minya before, and I liked it, it's a very sensual scent, but it is Iris that will go on my Christmas list, and I'm so much looking forward own this beauty!!!

glucio
glucio

The perfume is gorgeous! The scent is brilliant! Love it :)

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

An extremely beautiful scent. Just GORGEOUS and lovely and pretty and basically all things wonderful. It is clearly well thought out and planned, with time taken to ensure a quality perfume. I am not good at detecting individual notes but I can say that it is sweet, but not cloying, and definitely more iris flower based than root (which is a VERY good thing imo). Extremely delicate and feminine. Surrounds the user in a cloud of soft, sweet iris and cocoa. The ingredients used smell very high quality as well.

My only issue is that it's so soft and delicate that I do have a hard time smelling it. This may not be true for other people who have better noses, but it is just too light for me. I was hoping more for something like her first original Hedonist, which had great sillage and longevity, but this is a very true skin scent that is hard to smell.. :(

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Viktoria Minya Hedonist Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Viktoria Minya Hedonist Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hedonist Iris by Viktoria Minya. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hedonist Iris by Viktoria Minya represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.