Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Vince Camuto Vince Camuto for women
dislike

rum
leather
Vince Camuto Vince Camuto for women Pictures Vince Camuto Vince Camuto for women Pictures Vince Camuto Vince Camuto for women Pictures

Vince Camuto is to launch his first perfume in September 2011. Well-known for shoes, purses, jewellery and glasses Vince Camuto presents his first ''affordable and accessible luxury'' - Vince Camuto perfume.

In creating the new fragrance, his wife and creative director of brand Louise Camuto was in charge of 'woman's touch' and perfumer of the edition is Steve DeMercado of Fragrance Resources. We have already written that the fragrance will be launched under license of the house of Parlux.

The first fragrance by Vince Camuto was created as chypre-floral. Its top notes are enriched with intoxicating notes of rum absolute and osmanthus nectar. A heart is opulent and floral, composed of Bulgarian rose and night blossoming jasmine enhanced with leather notes, while a base incorporates vanilla, absolute, sensual patchouli, hot Brazilian amber and leathery musk. The fragrance was announced as ''contemporary, sexy and sophisticated''.

Fragrance Vince Camuto is available in a gorgeous glass flacon with stylish cap shaped like logo of the company.

It can be obtained as 50 and 100 ml EDP accompanied by perfumed body lotion. Fragrance in 30 ml EDP flacons is also announced for overseas distribution. The fragrance will be presented in Cannes, at TFWA in September 2011.

Osmanthus Rum

Jasmine Rose Leather

Musk Patchouli Amber Vanille

Flowerbomb

Vince Camuto Fragrance Reviews

ell_bee
ell_bee

This has quickly shot up to high in the rankings amongst my favorites... That sticky, syrupy rum note is delicious! Without it, this sent would probably be just another generic "sweet-chouli", but the rum and hints of leather and musk make this unique and really versatile. My only beef is that I wish it lasted longer, I do find myself needing to reapply after only a few hours. I've been finding it lately at TJ Maxx and the like for under 20 bucks an ounce though, so for that price, I'll repurchase and re-apply away. Yummy stuff.

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

This scent is DIVINE and soo much better then Flowerbomb, at a fraction of the price. If you like the idea of an unholy marriage of booze, fruit, patch and leather then Vince Camuto will be your new best perfume pal.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

Some of us just jump in cold water , say ouch and stay in the water. Some of us wade in. I am the latter with regards to this perfume.
I tried the edp in the beautiful bottle! And I just could not jump in. I have gone around and around to try again since so many people like this. But never bought, it was stinking on my arm. Dry and stale and heavy. Yes similar to what perfumers call "leather" notes in fragrances. Real leather doesn't smell like this (smell your purse, your boots vs. men's fragrance)
BUT I did find an inexpensive body spray and yes, it worked on me. This lighter version allows it to be more feminine, less "leather", less masculine. And more tolerable. This version dries to rose note on me, this rose is older, drier, not green or fresh. Not sweet at base
It actually makes me feel more sophisticated. It is for evening and cooler weather. It's a body spray so it doesn't last long but in my case, this is a good thing
It does resemble to others in this category but higher priced and/or quality such as the Flowerbomb, Jimmy Choo, It has that "masculinity" that you often find in Tom Ford fragrances
This comes in a large bottle and knowing me, will be ready to try others when gone.
It is not LVEB, not Coco Mademoiselle or Chanel 5, JS Fancy Nights

JayO
JayO

I see it's widely popular, accords sound nice but it kind of makes me feel ill when I smell it.

emt1986
emt1986

It turns out that Vince Camuto is what I've been looking for, and I didn't even know I was still looking. It's replacing Ciara as my signature. It is THAT. DAMN. GOOD. Pretty and sophisticated but undeniably sexy, it will work for any occasion, from office to date night to formal. Versatile, but with a bit of an edge. Modern but classic. The opening is a fruity sweetness, but it doesn't take long for the leather to come into play, and the boozy patchouli drydown is killer. It reminds me of a more interesting Miss Dior. Great quality, too: VC is not overpowering, but projects better than average and lasts all workday on me. Best blind-buy ever!

Objections
Objections

This smells so lovely. The rum and leather MAKE this scent. This perfume smells pretty sophisticated for such a reasonable price which is fantastic. Its sweet but never in a child like way. If you like gourmands this ones a must try! Im in love.

NouveauDruid
NouveauDruid

This was my signature fragrance this past fall and winter and then even into early spring when the weather was still cool. However, it would work for spring and summer nights and let me tell you why. That RUM note! Arrr, mateys, it make fer a fanciful patio party scent!

But seriously, Vince Camuto smells unique and yet sophisticated from the very first spraying. Its bonus is its dry-down, which is rich, less sweet, smoky-tobacco leather with the barest touch of patchouli. If I still lived in Tampa I'd wear it much more often than I already do but alas, winter is over, I'm no longer there, and I want to save some for later, like a good bottle should be saved.

Inky Le Guin

Evesfolly, I feel strongly after reading your review that there either must be two versions of this floating around or that the bottles that are older smell deeper because when I first smelled this perfume it was in a perfume shop and it smelled exactly as you described. I then decided to order it as I am a gourmand lover and got a much different scent more like what is listed here in the notes.

EvesFolly
EvesFolly

I'm about to become very unpopular...I hate this perfume. This is my first blind buy disaster. It shouldn't have gone wrong: I love the notes and Steve Demarcado is the nose behind some of my favorite scents. So I was expecting rich, complex, booze-soaked darkness. But I should have paid more attention to all the reviews that said it was "fresh, soft, delicate."

I opened this box and got a waft of random "fresh n' fruity." I sprayed it on and it became ""nauseating rotten-fruit-floral." The baffling thing to me is that I definitely got a fruit vibe here, when there's no fruit listed! I could have sworn I smelled peach and freesia - could they have swapped this with "Fiori," I was thinking? Then a friend who used to work a perfume counter smelled it and said "nope, that's the one - the original."

After much thought, I think this is the problem: It's almost like they have used the muted, neutered, tamed-down versions of all the notes listed here. I see the word "rum" and I think pirates, dark, dirty, spicy: Sailor Jerry or even Kraken - this rum is cheap, white, Spring-Break Bacardi all the way. I see "leather" and I think a black leather jacket, stained with sweat and motor oil. This is frou-frou refined high-end handbag leather. (Which makes sense, given the brand).

I get no patchouli, musk, amber, or other earthy/animalic notes. The vanilla is fluffy and sanitized. The overwhelming fruity-floral I'm getting is likely the osmanthus; another reviewer described it as having a pear-scent. Perhaps NOT the right floral note for me.

I'd have to agree with the other reviewer who said this is Jessica Simpson sexy, not Marlene Dietrich sexy. Well, I'm Dietrich all the way. Guess I'd better stick to my old-fashioned or obscure perfumes, and stay away from the modern mass-market. It clearly isn't my thing.

Inky Le Guin

This is one scent i fall in love with deeper as time goes on, i crave it and can not stop smelling my self when i wear it. I open the bottle and sniff it a lot too. Its just so cozy yet respectable. The perfect blend of naughty and nice.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I think vince camuto definitely fits into the category of sparkly sweet patchoulis which were super popular 5 years ago. Still popular. I like vince though because it takes a bit of a deeper detour. Like flowerbomb wrapped in a leather jacket in a smokey bar. I think if you like the sparkly patchouli thing but wanted something a little less sweet you should check this out. I'm lovin' all these samples I got of this scent a few years ago at a rare encounter of a bin loaded full of them in a store.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

The bottle is like an antique expensive liquor bottle your grandparent's grandparents kept for years. And the smell is a delicious rum. The rum note really stands out. I'm trying to drink less alcohol so it's nice to smell alcoholic fragrances instead. This is a sweet boozy perfume. At the first spritz of Vince Camuto, you get the rum and an additional osmanthus which I love. Osmanthus is a fragrance I enjoy in perfume. The floral scents of roses and jasmines are there as the frag enters into it's second phase. There is also a lot of leather and suede. This part of the scent becomes masculine (unisex). Then the frag develops into earthy patchouli which is already harmonizing with the osmanthus. The patchouli is aromatic and a bit like incense. The vanilla sweetens everything up and then turns into that rum again but with a vanilla scent. The whole thing turns into a soft and warm glowing amber. It smells like a million dollars. It's an evening cologne. Ah smells so good. It smells even better when you let the fragrance waft into the air in posh hotel lobbies so everyone can smell how good it is on you. This fragrance reminds me of entering into a Four Seasons Hotel or a Ritz or the George V in Paris. Stunning stunning perfume.

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

i dont usually wear perfumes like this.I usually like sweet fresh floral fruitys....but im liking it. I cant really describe the smell. It just smells beautiful and elegant. It may sound weird but i layered this with Royal Desire by Christina augilera and they smell great together. Together they smell luxurious, almost like a super designer fragrance.

zyby
zyby

This one reminds me of some kind of expensive after-dinner cocktail made with dark rum mixed with pear essence, but there are many other notes here as well, including a hint of leather. This might not sound like a combination that would work, but it does. It's not a particularly sweet scent on me, but it's a very warm one, so I don't wear it in summer. The sillage is on the stronger side and the longevity is excellent.

The note of rum in VINCE CAMUTO gives this fragrance the feeling of something to wear to a party, but it's happy to stay home too. It might be a little strong for the office.

Norgirl
Norgirl

I realy love how this smell on my skin .
So chic so warm and sensual. the leather and the florals makes this stand out as a grown up mature scent.
This last for hours and hours on my skin . I love it from the start until the end . How it develops from a boosy warm start to a floral and leathery blanket in the end .
It make me feal warm , strong and makes me want to slow down and realy enjoy life .
I only have a decant of this and treasure it dearly. I put on this for thouse days i reay can enjoy scents just for me . This shurly works for any event for me . But to get the most of it jus for myself . I love to cuddle up in the sofa with this on my skin and a good book or somthing . Sniffing my arm and just enjoying life .
I realy realy want a bottle of this if anyone have it for swapp. I cant get this in Norway ( as i know of ..)

Inky Le Guin

Parts of the opening after the alcohol dries smell vintage floral but like 40's maybe or earlier. It's a great one for a successful woman to wear to work but who has refined and good taste in that she likes timeless things and so is a fan of the old as well as contemporary. It's certainly not over powering or "old lady" though. A woman in thirties could pull this off well but this would smell precocious on a twenty year old and a little like she is trying to run before she knows how to walk. It's not vintage enough to smell retro cool on a young person. Someone in their twenties may love this though, just my opinion.
The bottle is so beautiful and elegant in a vintage "rich" way, one of prettiest I have seen. You can't beat the price you can get this for now either, such a bargain for such a beautiful scent.
It's warm and floral and a bit sweet but that all dries down pretty quick into a powder resin warmth with soft floral whispers. It doesn't last that long for how powerful it comes of at the start, I use a couple sprays and I'd reapply later in the day or the night.
This is a colder weather scent and could be a sexy spring time evening scent but it would probably be too much in the sweaty summer and give headaches because of the florals mainly.
I am not a floral lover usually but I like a few that are sweet or have something that rounds out the dizzying effects of floral such as amber or sandlewood. I also love patchouli scents which this has so if you are not into that probably not for you. I feel the florals with the patchouli (which is not too intense to me) makes this scent smell very currant but also like it will never go out of style.
I have given this as a gift and I think it would please a wide variety of people. It smells expensive but the good taste kind of expensive not the I'm so filthy rich I buy things of poor taste because it's the only way to separate from and alienate the good taste folks in the upper middle class from myself and letting them believe we are on same level.

craftyminx
craftyminx

At first spray, I didn't think I was going to like this. It starts off loud and sweet, and the patch comes off a bit harsh. But give it a little bit, because once that first blast fades off, there's a soft, elegant leather-amber-wood scent underneath, with a vanilla that's snuggly without cupcake tones. I like this a lot better than I expected to. Definitely one of my better blind buys.

MrsR
MrsR

This was a blind buy for me based on reviews and scent notes. Leather, patchouli, vanilla, and rum? Um, yes please! Sadly for me I don't pick up ANY of those notes...this smells like a cloyingly sweet floral. The likes of which are a dime a dozen lately. I'm not sure which note rubs me wrong, I think maybe it's the jasmine or the amber, but the strong "perfumey" stank overwhelms anything else and I can't pick out any of the top mentioned notes. What a bummer. I'll give this one another try some other time and see if it grows on me.

xJessax
xJessax

"I see a burly bearded man, sitting in his leather chair, sipping some rum, His bills are long over due, and the various envelopes sit idle on his wooden desk. His wife comes in the room, bearing some flowers. She says she wants to "brighten up the room" and the man eventually gives in; letting the woman place a beautiful glass vase of vibrant red roses, and exotic osmanthus blossoms. She leaves the room just as quickly as she appeared; the lovely aroma of her vanilla scented perfume lingers...a smile forms on the man's lips."
Needless to say, this scent gives off a masculine vibe to me!
This perfume reminds me of crunchy fall leaves, and the simplistic beauty autumn brings! Vince Camuto opens with blooming osmanthus and rum which is quite soothing to the senses. I would say the leather note is quite prominent in this one, as well as the patchouli. I can see both men AND women pulling this one off as their fall/winter signature! It really is a unique staple in my collection. <3
Longevity: 5-6 hours (becomes a skin scent at about 4-5 hours, remains boozy and lovely!)
Sillage: Moderate

beautyscent$
beautyscent$

I remember my bf bought me this for Christmas (even though I asked for Prada Candy) at first I didn't like it, but once I got the disappointment out of my head, lol I realized I actually did! If you like sugary-sweet, soft-spicy scents, like VR FB &'LVEB, then you'll love this as well!

BabyClaire
BabyClaire

I get the leather and the spice, but Baby is still sniffing around for that rum. Doesn't linger as long as I thought it would.

sassy_shamrock
sassy_shamrock

Woohoo! Totally awesome blind buy for me today...LOVE this! It's a soft sexy sweet boozy rum & vanilla scent. The patchouli & leather sit softly in the background on me - which is a good thing. Remids me of CoCo Mademoiselle but softer and more sensual, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Estreen
Estreen

Looking at the notes, this looks amazing, but I am disappointed, even after multiple testings. Just another sweetchouli. I wanted to like this, but it is simply too sweet- a syrupy, harsh patch which scrapes it's way up through your nose, stabs your olfactory nerves, then doubles back to scratch your throat.

shell_bell
shell_bell

A sweet patch with an amber vanilla center and a pretty jasmine drydown - I REALLY like this one.
I'm not getting any rum, which is disappointing, but I guess the sweetness is the honey and it's perfect for these cooler temps coming up this month.

I'm a gourmand girl and usually steer clear of patchouli but this is beautifully done and I'm really enjoying it. This is nice and mature and most likely office friendly. The perfect level of sweetness.

b.a.denney

I've had this, unopened, and finally decided to try it out today. It came as a gift set, so I also had the lotion and shower gel. Wow, the shower gel is strong, so I just skipped the lotion. This perfume seems to be stronger than a lot of perfumes are right now. It definitely seems to project more, as I'm really able to smell in on me. I have one spray on my cleavage, and a spray on each wrist.

I can see why some people compare it to a Flowerbomb type scent. I'm liking this, and the bottle is just gorgeous. It's spicy, and you can definitely smell the patchouli, but it's not a total patchouli bomb. The rum note is nice, as are the florals in this. I can smell the leather note, and for me, I'm not a huge fan of that note, but it's not totally dominant here either.

This is nice, and it's wearing very nicely on me. Glad I got it.

Update: After wearing this for a full day, I've found the longevity and sillage to be pretty amazing. It's not often I can say that.

rococozephyr
rococozephyr

I have absolutely NO idea where people are coming from when they talk about the leather-rum-spiciness in Vince Camuto, and I almoooooooost want to be jealous, but I just can't. Because Vince Camuto turns into beautiful Christmas magic on my skin.

It's golden, warm, almost syrupy; it smells the way butterbeer should taste. Everything blends so seamlessly that picking out individual notes takes some concentration, but on me, it's predominately vanila-amber-magic.

It's not heavy enough to keep you from wearing it year round, but in my opinion, it's the perfect Christmas scent. It smells like something you'd want to sip from a mug while sitting by a fire, curled up in your favorite cable-knit sweater.

The sillage is moderate, and this stuff can last foreverrrrrr. I've actually woken up a few times still smelling it the day after I've worn it, though if you're worried about it interfering with other scents, it doesn't manage to survive a shower.

jessinamercy
jessinamercy

I like this fragrance freshly sprayed but after awhile it seems to get a very masculine smell going on with my skin. It stays and stays. I even smell it on some clothing after washing, that masculine spicy scent I referred to. My mom thinks it's offensive, but we have never agreed on fragrances.

Lizka7
Lizka7

Let me say this, everything is good in moderation.
I was intrigued by this perfume and its description.
I wanted to have osmanthus perfume. Unfortunately for me, it seems, that osmanthus is just an escaping dream for me. I seem to get very headachy with its presence on me.
At my first try I sprayed it intently, and it last 3 days on me.
Second try, i did just one spray. I made the rule for myself, two is the most sprays I could make, and not in a hot, intoxicated weather. It needs to be cool outside.
It is a beautiful blend, and the bottle is a little piece of art in my possession.
Love vanilla, rum, patchouli, amber and musk. Osmanthus, my love, I will win your heart eventually.

Lust87
Lust87

Vince Camuto is a nice, inoffensive and uncomplicated fragrance for everyday wearing. I think it's perfect for all seasons, but I'm aware, that for some people such type of sweetness is better for autumn or winter.
I thought the leather-patchouli accord will be more prominent as a good balance or counterpoint for the sweetness, but well... All I get is sweet, simple, pleasant vanilla perfectly blended with osmanthus, which gives that fruity (like a peach or pear, I can't decide), exotic feeling to the composition and a tiny bit of a good quality rum.
In the base I detect something similar to suede - warm, fluffy, cozy and somewhat elegant, I think this is that leather note... I expected much more leather anyway so I'm a bit disappointed.
If you are a fan of good quality sweet, pleasant and uncomplicated fragrances for every occasion, this one might be a good choice for you.
The longevity and sillage are rather moderate, Vince Camuto is not an overwhelming or overpowering perfume.

Lilithorvat

Oh my goodness...layer this with Chopard Casmir and you get a boozy, cinnamon rum with a rich Amber vanilla base. The patchouli from VC gives it spice!

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

Effortlessly flirty/sexy. I love the smell of this. I get the rum, leather, vanilla, the patchouli and what I think is the osmanthus mostly with a musky/dusty drydown but it isn't overbearing or heavy. I love it. It's a great everyday ( for those that like richer/deeper fragrances) effortless kind of sexy scent because it isn't very spicy...just slightly BOOZY. Sensual rather than straight on seductive. I enjoy the opening of this the most but the drydown is great too. Longevity on me isn't the longest however...maybe 2-3 hours and sillage/projection moderate to soft...but this is just with my body chemistry. Others may have better performance. I wear this in any season but favor it more in the cooler weather months Oct-March. Also works well for a date scent. I will def have to go purchase the bigger botle of this beauty. I love it. Its one of m new favorites in my whole collection. The bottle is also very pretty on my vanity tray.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Have yet to test it extensively but so far im liking it alot. Got this along with Fiori from Marshall's. $20 each,cant complain! I love patch so im good! :)
Returned this and Fiori....better cool it on the blind buys.

celebrity89
celebrity89

The body spray in the plastic bottle really reminded me of Fancy Nights and Tea Rose Amber. Very rich and musky, but smooth with no spice.

chjena
chjena

Unfortunately, on my skin is more like normal and ordinary vanilla sweet scent than mysterious leather-patchouli-rum work of fragrance art. It reminds me a kitten with very little claws and teeth, trying to be rakish or grave, but in fact it's still delightful and lovely. Too boring for me.

Mirandah-Sophia
Mirandah-Sophia

I fell in love with fiori, so I expected this one to be great as well. And sadly I can get myself to like it. It give me a headache. I don't know what it is. I just can't deal with it on my skin.

rockegg
rockegg

Bear with me on this: years ago there were several fragrances that made a woman smell sophisticated and interesting. Many of them, such as Youth Dew, fell out of favor with all but their loyalists. Various trends came and went. While smelling very little like Youth Dew or any of those earlier scents, Vince Camuto manages to project the same atmosphere of sophistication and complexity. It's not fresh or youthful or sweet, this stuff is serious business. Well done!

marenanne6
marenanne6

This was a gift for graduation. I knew this was one I had tried and liked. Unfortunately when I opened the box the bottle had broken, half the perfume was spilled out and had soaked up in the box, and the smell was so concentrated it hit me like a freight train. All that rum smell in such a huge amount made me dizzy and nauseous.
After returning it for a new one I'm afraid I've still not got over the sickly sweet smell, but I'm hoping over time I can get back to liking it.
In the meantime, small doses ya'll.

The bottle is gorgeous!

Kohla1
Kohla1

Just kill me. I found a 1.7 oz gift set for $15 at Burlingtons and didnt get it because I just wasnt sure about blind buying at the time. Now I tested it and LOVE it. I hate myself.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

I'm in love. I wish to buy an obscene arsenal of this perfume just so I know I won't ever run out. Bonus- the bottle is absolutely gorgeous. This was a blind buy for me and I wasn't sure if I would end up with something unisex or syrupy sweet. This is elegant but a bit daring.

Even though in the notes above osmanthus is listed third it's actually more noticeable than the patchouli, which is probably because people don't know what osmanthus smells like. I smell the osmanthus immediately from the bottle and that combination of bright nectarine blossom mixed with the leather & patchouli is heavenly and it lingers on my clothes. On my skin I get more of the vanilla but it still carries the osmanthus and it lasts for a long time without fading. I don't smell any rose and the trail on me is warm and sensual with great longevity.

ETA: The reason that people compare it to Flowerbomb is because both have patchouli and osmanthus. Flowerbomb is sweeter than Vince Camuto and doesn't have rum or vanilla but osmanthus has an apricot-leathery smell to it that is pretty unique.

vusanova23
vusanova23

I bought it not long time ago, before purchase i did try it and I love it but something of to me right now and I don't like it anymore very synthetic scent disappointed((((

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Sprayed it on and immediately went back to Overstock to get one for my 15 year old daughter...she is not a teeny bopper fragrance lover. This perfume is as decadent as the bottle. I would say it is a safe blind buy if you like rich leathery scents. The patchouli lays quietly in the background just enough to keep this fragrance together. If this is a "gramma" scent, then that is one HOT gramma!

GenuineR30
GenuineR30

My mom got this as a gift for her 60th birthday and I'm so glad she did because this stuff smells damn good. To my nose this has the same sweet powdery style as Angel, prada amber and the original Shalimar. This isn't a breakthrough in ladies fragrances but Vince Camuto has captured the quality scent of a woman.

At first application you get the sugary sweet rum and the vanilla amber which is softened by the rose accord. The leather lingers in the back ground which gives it a nice base without being animalic. This is a well done potion by Camuto.

My advice to the beauty that wears it: This scent demands and requires to worn by a sophisticated woman ages 25-70. My mom is 60 and she wears it proudly and very well. This could be a year round scent. The projection of this is awesome. My mom put it on and I could smell her subtly 15 feet away, on a nice mild 68 degree evening in Florida.

*Longevity 9/10 a good 6-8 hours
*Projection 10/10 caught my attention at 15 feet away outside
All day everyday, signature scent for the right woman wants to leave an impression when she enters a room

mschnabel666

Like the perfume addict that I am... I did let my curiosity win, and did a blind buy of VC. The rum, patchouli, and leather scared me.... but all in all.... I like this!
I enjoy the loud, juicy opening more... the rum and the fruity notes. The drydown is where I lose interest, I'm not into the generic sweet leather musk, but I think this will be good for layering... like adding another spicy vanilla after VC dries down 4+ hours later. Maybe Oriens or Truth or Dare: Naked.
Def a Fall/Winter scent as well. But I do love it.... Boozy, sweet, vanilla, rum, it's very nice! Nowhere near a Dior like complexity, but still a lovely perfume for the price! It has a soft decent lasting power, and is a sillage bomb for the first hour. Since I don't LOVE this, I think both the potency and sillage are perfect.
This is growing on me with each wear. Yesterday, it stayed very vanilla and rum sweet. Very happy I gave this a try!

PJOP
PJOP

just love the sophisticated touch this fragrance add to my day! It's intense without being overpowering. Just the perfect combinations of fresh and sexy.

GBoo
GBoo

She wore a black velvet riding habit with a plumed hat, and two pistols, and I think she smelled like this perfume. She was born Belle Shirley, and became Belle Starr, and became a legend. She married two outlaws, was a mistress to many others, and ran from the law from Texas to California and back again. No amount of Osmanthus oil from the Far East -- sweet fruity flowers -- could cover the truth. She carried the smells of the many men she used and let use her: the liquor, the stale smoke, the leather from the tack of the horses they stole.

As befits an Outlaw Queen, this perfume is showy with good projection and longevity. This reviewer cannot be held responsible for what you might be tempted to do, or be accused of doing, while wearing it.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Vince Camuto is one of my very favorite winter fragrances. It is spicy and just sweet enough. Although cinnamon is not listed as a note, it seems as if it is in the composition. I have gotten many compliments on this fragrance. For the price of 23.00 dollars, it is way too good to pass up!

mschnabel666

I really want to try this.... Amazon has such a great price! But I hate/loathe/get sick from too much patchouli... I can't wear Angel or Chopard Wish... I can tolerate patch in the winter because it hides in the cold, so right now I'm obsessed with Jimmy Choo EDP and La Vie Est Belle. I can also sort of wear Believe by Britney Spears in the winter. I like Oriens by Van Cleef and Arpels... Love Notes by Ellen Tracy is delicious in the winter. I live in the very cold Upper Peninsula of Michigan where we get winter for 6 months. So... fragrantica experts... Do you think I should blind buy/try Vince Camuto? I really want to... But I'm not a fan of spicy or patchouli or leather/oud/clove... I am a gourmand nut who loves to smell sweet/fruity/foody. Help! PM me. :)

I also smelled Black Orchid by Tom Ford in a magazine and about barfed... lol.... I also hate Euphoria.

I don't have Flowerbomb, but I like Pink Sugar Sparks. I also love Dior Addict right now, so spicy vanilla works. I love Black XS for her from Paco Rabanne too.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I don't care for this and I'm not sure why. I doesn't smell overly expensive and it has a very slight all spice, pumpkin pieish note to it that doesn't sit well with me. I don't get any leather, rose or rum in it at all. Its not flowery or is it spicy, it's just middle of the road in every way. A slightly creamy and sweet generic perfume smell that doesn't hit any distinctive chords at all. Projection and longevity are on the weak side. Pass.

kristinejane
kristinejane

Rest in peace Vince Camuto

Lily's diary
Lily's diary

I like it but not as many says that it smell like FlowerBomb! It has a note that i don't like but i don't know what is exactly !!

tneequeenie
tneequeenie

On my skin, this is patchouli overload! It really makes my allergies go nuts. I do smell a similarly with Flowerbomb as others noted-but in the drydown only. There is no floral to my nose, but there is almost something medicinal about the smell. I have this to swap if anyone is interested.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Like Flowerbomb but worse. I don't mean like flowerbomb as in flowery, but just in that overly sweet candy way (I never considered FB to be very flowery, at least not on me.)

Very synthetic with a plastic-y note I just couldn't get over. I never got anything resembling a rum note on me. Ended up giving away my brand new 3.4oz to someone cause I just couldn't stand the plastic smell on my skin. Might be a good alternative for people who like sweet flower-bomb type smells and don't mind a ton of synthetic vanilla.

Dara813
Dara813

OK so if Tom Ford's Velvet Orchid and Flowerbomb had a love child, this would be her. This reminds me of Velvet Orchid without the orchid and suede and at the same time, reminds me of Flowerbomb but without the tea and again, the orchid. If you were to add orchid to this, you just might have something that closely resembles one or the other. I am not an expert, so I can't say which but I will say that if you like either/or, I can't see you disliking this one.
It's a little spicier; rum and patchouli are definitely present in a really good way. The sillage is modest and the longevity is really good. I'm happy I found this; it was a blind buy at TJ Maxx and probably the best one I've made all year.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I agree, such a beautiful winter perfume. This perfume is so underrated. It is 'rum' at its best, however, one may argue TF velvet orchid to be better.
I honestly have been more complimented wearing this fragrance than several other ones I have, and it is absolutely more stunning than Flowerbomb. It is not saccharine sweet the way I feel Flowerbomb is. It has more spice, more deepness, more richness. It is like if someone took the original Gucci by Gucci and mixed it with some Flowerbomb, you might get this. The darkness of patchouli combined with the sweetness of rum, hovering over the bed of jasmine, rose and osmanthus works wonderfully.

perfumeaddict81
perfumeaddict81

Such a Beautiful winter perfume. Long lasting very elegant. I smell the white Bulgaria Rose. Amazing. It is nothing like flower bomb! ! Hands down! !! Beautiful Italian fragrance.

guest_luna rebel

I just figured out why this reminds me of Incanto Charms. The three strong players on my skin are musk, white florals (esp. jasmine), and rose which are the same three notes that stand out on my skin in Incanto Charms. Unfortunately for me, this floral muskiness of the middle notes overshadows the whole perfume and I don't get the leather, rum, vanilla, amber or patchouli. In essence, I am getting a much different scent than most of you because with my chemistry this takes a chaotic and sudden floral detour. Such a shame, as I would have much preferred the beautiful gourmand notes everyone else seems to be getting.

I wouldn't recommend blind buying it because, take my word for it, there are some rare cases of skin chemistry where this will not smell the way it should.

Missyee
Missyee

I want to bite my arm off. It smells so sweet and delicious!
I rarely like these type of scents but this one is amazing.

Mistressvoodoodolly
Mistressvoodoodolly

This may not be a clone of Flowerbomb but it's its fraternal twin. I LOOOVE the bottle. I kept it because it was so pretty. The price is good and it's definitely not a "bomb" like Flowerbomb but alas has poor sillage and longevity. I'd try thr parfum though.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I agree that the candied patchouli in this is reminiscent of Flowerbomb, but Vince Camuto feels more adult, particularly in the opening, a stage that I wasn't overly impressed by. Soon enough it mixes well with my chemistry, finally settling into the scent of cozy skin. Sadly, it doesn't last long. And even more sadly, it's the only perfume I've ever had an allergic reaction to.

Another one that's not a love, but a very strong like.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I can't wait to wear this again. It's an ONLY cold, crunchy, fall and/or winter season scent...to me. I fell in love with this instantly! I feel almost otherworldly wearing this, like no other! It's like a dead serious Coco Mademoiselle. This lasts and lasts without making those around you back away. I would imagine if someone didn't like this, and I mean really like this, it would be nauseating to them. Just an assumption. One good thing is that, they could back away and be fine with it. It doesn't fill a whole room...or so I think? hmmmm...
I think this is a bit on the masculine side. I just hate saying that because it's not manly! But a man could wear it? hmmmm......
asher.jessie made me laugh right out loud, because I do love that Pink Sugar shit also! I most often go for sweet, sweet, and more sweet. Mostly because that's what my body smells best in. I like to play "dress up" and pretend to be womanly, but for everyday, it's that pink shit! This could never be a "too often" scent for me because I'm just not "womanly" or mature (as in adult-like, not old) enough to pull it off. Well in MY head anyway. I'm terribly young at heart and stuck with a childish mind. For the most part, if a child/teen love a scent, then so do I.
I just want you to be able to try this scent with an open mind. The quietest wallflower can become an exotic beautiful woman in an instant with this. It's an incredible scent. I got mine at...a most common store during after Christmas sales for 10.00. Do look to try this during the holidays and see if you can be all growed up!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

This is, in my opinion, a dang sexy perfume!! When I first smelled VC in the store I was far from blown away. But, as is often the case with me it seems, I found a bottle for a steal, took it home, put it on, and the magic happened. Looking at the notes I can pick out the rum, (relatively clean) patchouli, and osmanthus, the leather is tame and more a warm supporting note than anything else for me. But there is something about the blend of all these notes together that feels sooo... Sultry. Yet sophisticated. It's not old fashioned, it's not boring, it's not run of the mill, but it's not off the wall either.

VC makes me think smokey eye, stilettos, femme fatale. But classy. She's a tempting little vixen, but don't think you can treat her like anything other than a lady. Intimate but not screaming sexual. Well behaved enough to be trusted in public :)

fire2heart
fire2heart

This was a bind buy.

There is something (perhaps the rum?) that gives me a strange sensation in the nostrils and it doesn't go away. I don't know how to describe it but it's the only perfume I've found that does this. It's not bad, just unusual that I get this sensation with it.

The amber comes out to play from the gate along with the boozy rum. I can almost detect the vanilla after about 30 mins. It lasts a good about of time on me and the notes don't change from the amber, rum and faint vanilla, only the intensity and sillage. I feel very rich and sophisticated wearing this

This is much better on me in the fall. I just put some on, it's a warm day in the summer and it's too heavy. Please excuse me now.... I need to go shower and wait until October or November to bring this out to play again.

twillocks
twillocks

I really like this. Great for cool weather.

Cookiefan
Cookiefan

I don't say this often about a fragrance but this smells very sexy and strong. You feel confidence from this scent.

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

One of my favorite blind buys. It's a big, sexy , unapologetic fragrance that will be noticed.
Nights out , smoky venues, and big statements.
Definitely not to be worn in conservative cubicles or around fragrance sensitive friends.

dreadpiraterachel
dreadpiraterachel

I want this to work for me. It smells so gorgeous when I first spray it on. In about half an hour, though, it starts to develop a distinct smoky scent--kind of like the scent of a smoker, though I don't smoke. It's not bad; in fact, if it would just stay that way, I would wear it when I wanted to feel a little rebellious. HOWEVER. Within two hours of spraying this on, all the original notes vanish, leaving behind only a generic, cheap, stale scent. The first time this happened, I thought I was just having an off day, but every time I have worn this, the pattern has reoccurred. WHY WON'T YOU WORK FOR ME, VINCE? I want to love you! Why won't you let me love you?!

*ahem*

It is so very frustrating, because I really do love the scent in the bottle, and the first half hour is divine, but I can't take the emotional roller coaster any more. I'm afraid Vince and I will have to part ways. Don't worry, Vince; it's not you, it's me. I just smell terrible when I wear you.

PARFUM FOR THE DECADENT CONNOISSEUR

This is a warm, spicy, luxurious scent. The spice in this is rich, yes it smells warm spicy, woodsy, and deep. Definitely a "drink rum with leather gloves, smoking a high class cigar" kind of rich...haha. This fragrance is fit for nobility. I have found another favorite, this was a blind buy, I purchased the mini bottle because it was adorable and looks fabulous on my perfume display and the price was cheap so what did I have to lose. I am glad I did, now I must purchase a large bottle of this, I love it! This is on par with my "White Diamonds". I imagine a rich, elegant lady when I smell this, not an old lady, but rich. There is something deep, sultry, and mysterious about this. The notes are simple and easy to detect which is another thing I like about it. I've been looking for a warm spicy perfume such as this, a unique gem and an affordable price tag. This is the scent of a powerful, confident woman.
Love it!

guest_luna rebel

I really want to like this, but on my skin it smells NOTHING like the notes. I don't get a warm scent at all, no rum or leather. Incredibly, on me this smells exactly like the floral aquatic Incanto Charms (which I do not like). I have no idea how this is even possible! I am going to give this a few more tries and see if it changes.

Megpeg
Megpeg

This is one of those wait for the dry down fragrances. On initial spritz the rum, patchouli, and floral note somehow combine to make this awful nail polish remover smell. Don’t let that scare you though because it doesn’t last long. Eventually VC turns into this warm, creamy, mature fragrance that has a little kick to it. The perfume is warm and pleasant, but by no means is it groundbreaking. There are plenty sultry, warm, and creamy smells out there, that have a lot more to offer in terms of complexity and/or distinctiveness. Something that does set VC apart is the bottle is brilliant, and you can find it for super cheap, I got my bottle from Nordstrom Rack for less than $20 I think. Really I wouldn’t call it a signature scent, or even a must have, however if you find it on discount I think it is worth having.

MonicaNikki
MonicaNikki

My 11 yr old son bought this for me because he knows I love Vince's shoes! It does reminded me a lot of Flowerbomb but a bit more sophisticated. I could see a 50 something, confident, business woman wearing this. I'm not quite there so this may just sit on the shelf next to the shoes ;-)

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

This was a blind buy, basically because the price was right (15 bucks for a set with EDP, body lotion and body wash) and the reviews tempted me.
I had problems with the spray cap, which was broken, so I just removed it and am sprinkling the scent through the little nozzle, which is aggravating but works. The bottle is beautiful and looks sort of like the Arabian oils bottles.
I love the rum/floral opening note. The rum does not fade at all, while the floral notes do dissipate quickly, and are replaced by a soft leather/musk/vanilla/amber mix. This does smell a little bit like Euphoria, but better in my opinion, due to the lasting rum.
The longevity is impressive, while the sillage is strong at first and then fades somewhat. The lotion and body wash help add to both the longevity and sillage.
This is a sweet scent but also sophisticated. I received many complements and questions as to what I was wearing. Many people said it was "different somehow".

mhubbard
mhubbard

I really like this scent and I'm pleased to see it has gotten quite inexpensive all of a sudden for some mysterious reason. Perfect for the cold weather and in small quantity could go to most offices. Ideal for winter evening, at home or out. I was expecting quite a bit more rum and leather, but mostly what I am smelling is sweet and spice. It makes me think of eggnog and the holidays. Yes, it is gourmand and reminiscent of FB and LVEB. But no "animalic" notes that I can discern, thank goodness. It would make a good Valentine's Day gift for the perfumista that has to have everything, like me.

b.a.denney

I got this at Walmart after Christmas for only ten dollars for the gift set. It had the one ounce perfume and shower gel and body lotion. I had seen a review on youtube about this being similar to Flowerbomb. I think it is similar and it also reminds me of a Euphoria type scent too, but not quite as strong. Which suits me just fine. I would like Angel and Eurphoria better if the patchouli was not so overwhelming. I like a strong perfume but I'm not a huge patch fan. I haven't worn it yet, but for this price I'll add it to my collection. The bottle is adorable too.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

A nice sweet safe gourmand scent that has striking similarities to Magnetism. I am not getting the flowerbomb connection. Flowerbomb is cotton candy like and Camuto has a sweet/spice. The bottle is lovely and the fragrance inside is equally nice for gourmand lovers. I will post later on the lasting power after it's sat for a few hours. All in all a nice safe bet.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I seen gift sets of this in Walmart with the 1oz spray, body lotion && shower gel for only 20 bucks! such a nice scent for such a low price I jumped all over that! :D

antswife
antswife

Beautiful scent. Tested many times & finally bought it.

Similar scent to Flowerbomb & La Vie est Belle but more reasonable pricewise.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This opens with a lot of rum and osmanthus, drying down into a warm but not heavy patchouli with a touch of leather. The top notes don't fade, and the middle notes are passed by fairly quickly. I like it a lot. It's different, feminine but confident with an attitude. This would layer well with BBW Forever Red lotion! Wonderful fragrance, a little lacking in sillage but that can be made up for by applying more of it. This is ideal for fall especially, and works for day or night.

Lala2013
Lala2013

I would put this in a group of perfumes that have a Euphoria type vibe, which is what attracts me to it as while I loved Euphoria, I couldn't bare to wear it for some odd reason, so am always hunting for something in that vein...
So I would say its Euphoria like, but much sweeter,however much weaker also. The actual fragrance is good, but it needs to be several times the strength as there is no point to having a perfume that vanishes into thin air after one minute !!!!
I love the bottle, but Vince- you need to give it more punch !

lisaivette
lisaivette

Tried this at Burlington Coat Factory today. I was really looking forward to some yummy rum goodness based upon the notes. Not smelling the booze at all, just sweet fruitiness. So grateful I got to test, because a tester is rarity at that store. Hint of vanilla/patchouli/leather at the end. The bottle is is enticing, but I am not tempted to buy it. Would make a good safe gift though.

rithacha
rithacha

Yuck. This high-pitched whiny thing is the olfactory equivalent of jamming icepicks up both nostrils. It's got a shrill boozy sweetness that just won't quit, until the whole thing collapses into harsh musk and scratchy woods. The initial opening notes project halfway across the mall, and the whole thing is darn near impossible to scrub off.

Kiku
Kiku

The bottle is a beauty: rich and luxurious looking. But the fragrance is undistinctive, I can't make out anything but patchouli. No sillage and faded very quickly.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

I did not like this. But it was not entirely uninteresting. Today is a hot, humid day, and on me, this perfume smells like a hot toddy/hot buttered rum, which is a very winter/night climate smell (not one that appeals to me as perfume). But if that is something that appeals to you, this may be something to try, though I think found it a bit chemicall-y. It has AMAZING longevity.

I noticed some notes that are not listed, as did others on here, a sharp citrus on the opening, but not orange, and a spicy cardamom or clove. Of those listed: the leather slightly, and the osmanthus, slightly, which seemed a bit odd with the others, the patchouli somewhat, the vanilla a bit, the amber more so, the musk increasing over time, the flowers not at all, and a whole lot of rum. This is a perfume that won't smell the same on everyone/when.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I'm new to this website and I love the reviews! Some are so funny I laugh out loud, and all are very helpful. I just purchased the Vince Camuto Fiori which works well with my chemistry (I seem to be a "soft floral" gal), and I was given a little sample vial of the Vince Camuto. If I do get it, I'll wear it in fall and winter. I can't decide, though...there's something about the Vince Camuto that fascinates me, like I've had a fragrance that is very similar to it, from many years ago, but I can't recall what it was. Also, I think it's the patchouli in it that scares me and draws me back in, at the same time (after a few hours it smells better on me). I almost want to ask if it is like the old Shalimar but more refined (for lack of better words)? I really want to like this one. I'll keep playing with the sample, and get others' feedback on it. What does this remind me of??? It smells really familiar, and it is really bothering me that I can't recall what it reminds me of...hmmm.

P.S.: Okay, call me crazy, but does this remind anyone of a lighter version of Opium? I just dabbed some on my wrists and it reminded me of Opium, only less oppressive. My mother wore Opium for years.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

When I first tested Vince Camuto and came home, I kept sniffing my wrists. The fragrance was haunting me for hours on end. I couldn't get enough of it. So much so that I returned the next day to the store to purchase it. That's how much I adore this perfume.
For me, the top is a boozy pepper, altho pepper is not listed. Somehow, that's what I detect. Next delight is the leather crackling with the rum swirling in a decanter. Jump right to the base notes and all of them intertwine together delightfully for hours in a creamy, delicate manner. At times, little bursts of florals pique your interest but hide more than show themselves. The patchouli, vanille, musk and amber all dance languidly in the dark corners of the smoky nightclub of this boozy mix.
What a sophisticated, Great Gatsby type of perfume this reminds me of. I envision a woman with her huge brimmed hat, long slim dress, huge eyes that show restraint but sensual want of her soul. Vince Camuto is not an overpowering perfume, just light enough to attract attention, sensual enough to give allure, the base notes being a surprise mix to mesmerize all. It surprises the wearer and others. Not a gourmand, yet I can't help feeling I am in a bakery, perhaps choosing a warm loaf from an outdoor market early in the morning on a cobblestone street.
Longevity is wonderful, lasting into the wee hours of the night with one spritz. A beautiful scent that never disappoints. From the initial spray as the notes disperse, I am never let down. I enjoy all the the phases of this perfume.
A fragrance for any mood, for most settings, for all seasons, for self-assured ladies over 30. If you are that woman that exudes elegance no matter what you wear, where you are or what you are doing, this just might be your fragrance.
A very pretty bottle sitting in my boudoir with its pretty gold filigree cap and red ribbon.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Another boozy "winter" fruity-floral, with emphasis on sweet amber and just plain sweet. There's nothing offensive or traitorous about it, but I'd find a lipstick lesbian in Drakkar Noir a billion times more alluring than any woman wearing this. Actually, any woman wearing Drakkar Noir has the edge, period. Ladies, when you sample Vince Camuto, run in the opposite direction. Pick something dark and leathery. Aim for Ingrid Bergman or Marlene Dietrich. Vince is aiming for Jessica Simpson and Kim Kardashian. Your call.

Guys, especially muscle-bound macho men, I say give Vince Camuto Pour Femme a minute of your time, as it may enhance your machismo, your sex appeal, and bring you good luck (as a disclaimer I will add, fat chance).

Jama4
Jama4

Party in a bottle!!

Vince Camuto reminds me of Flower Bomb and Black XS. For Patchouli lovers this perfume is worth a try. It can pass for a unisex scent.

Impression
Initial Sprits: smells like expensive liqure and caramel
2 hrs later: liqure note has died down, I smell vanilla, caramel, liqure, patchouli
7hrs later: caramel, vanila, liqure, patchouli and amber
next morning (20hrs later): I can still smell caramel, patchouli and amber

My skin type: Oily / youthful
Office Safe: no too strong
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Projection: arm's length
Timing: fall, winter / evenings / parties
Longevity: 12 hrs+
Price: $30 for 100ml / 3.4 oz at Winners / TJ Maxx
Packaging: 10/10; the bottle is pentagon shaped and the lid is well protected in the box

Will I repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is gorgeous. For once, we have a sweet, delicious perfume for a REAL woman. None of that fake candy shit like Pink Sugar...this is a boozy, spiced-rum mixed with creamy leathery vanilla. The rose, patchouli, and jasmine are quite prominent to my nose, though not as separate accords. They mostly promote the leather, which blends perfectly with the vanilla note that carries through this fragrance until the very end. The opening is a strong, amber-sweetened rum, deepened by the osmanthus.

I'm impressed with the versatility of this sexy fragrance. While it is sweet and sensuous, it's also bold and sexual. The leather-rum mix makes this perfect for an evening out. The rum is so tamed and sweetened by the osmanthus and amber that you don't smell like you've had a drink spilled on you, like most boozy fragrances.

Vince Camuto has a TRUE winner with his first fragrance. It's fabulous, delectable, and so affordable. I nicked a gift set containing the 3.4oz, body lotion, shower gel, and roller ball for a mere $85 at Macys.

Caramels melted in a leather handbag. Heavy on the patchouli. I wish instead of rum the boozy accord was something with more bite. Perhaps whiskey.
Seems to stay very close to the skin.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

My husband brought a sample of this home for me, so obviously, he was a fan, at least based on the top notes... on paper. Vince Camuto opens with a bright grapefruit, sweet smell, but on the dry down, on me, it smells faintly of men's aftershave, not in a sexy warm way that clings, but on a too clean barbisol note, very "cool" smelling. I had to scrub it off.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

Flowerbomb has an anisic and patch-heavy opening to my nose. The VC opens with soft apricot, rum, and leather. I smell very little likeness between the two, and Im wearing FB on one wrist and VC on the other. I have been wearing this scent for 2 weeks now and haven't grown tired of it in the least. It's very easy to like and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. It softly lingers on skin and clothing but I do remember the paper strip I sprayed lingering for days. This is best tested on clothing.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

For those who want this but cannot afford it, you can get a PERFECT dupe for this: Yves De Sistelle - Manela Dream. I got ripped off and paid 80$ for MD (100ml) but online you can find it for 20$ (100ml). I swear MD is the same exact scent as this only that it's more watered down so basically it's not as heavy as VC. MD is great for the summer.

Anyway, my firt impression of VC is that it's a beautiful scent and I'm surprised that it does not have any cherry or raspberry notes listed on them. I couldn't believe that I saw leather listed here because this is more of a fruity floral scent.

However after a couple of hours my paper strip turned so cloying that now as I am writting my paper garbage can is reeking of this scent (yes you read that right: my paper strip "amplified").
I think that those who like Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir might enjoy this or those who WANTED to like LPR should this give one a shot.

Final verdict: this is a pass for me.

hazelnut
hazelnut

This is my new fave! Not at all what I was looking for. I had read the ingredients before I ever tried it and determined that I would not like this one....however, the sales lady gave me a whiff of this and something about it was interesting. I do not smell leather...nor do I like the smell of leather. What I smell is sweet, kinda smoky like curing tobacco leaves. Perhaps its the amber. To me its a rich, mysterious smell...not flowery. The colors that come to mind when I smell this are jewel tones...plums, burgundy, citrine. Lovely!

Tovah
Tovah

Man's cologne?? Here I thought it smelled just like Jessica Simpson Fancy...When I read about this fragrance it was all I could do to keep myself from dashing out into the night to buy a bottle, but when I sprayed it on a test strip, I didn't like it enough even to keep the strip in my purse for further contemplation. All I could smell was generic sweetness and vague florals. When I think of "cologne" I think of dry, citrusy eau de cologne, and I did not detect anything similar in this fragrance. In any case, I need to try Vince Camuto EDP on my skin, because my nose isn't good at picking up anything other than top notes when sniffing paper strips while surrounded by hundreds of other fragrances being tested concurrently.

A few years ago it seemed every other review compared every scent to Angel, whether or not the fragrance smelled like anything of this planet. Clearly Flowerbomb, owned by everybody and her great aunt, is the current icon. If you're looking for leather, sniff Not-Flowerbomb Bottega Veneta EDP! In the meantime, I need to retry Not-Flowerbomb Vince Camuto.

soulflwr
soulflwr

Compared to other Chypres I've smelled this is very light! I also don't really smell much leather. I mostly smell watered down rum with lots of sugar, like rum cake. A little vanilla and something fruity. Maybe the fruit impression comes from the sweetness of the rum note.

So I guess if I could sum up what this smells like, I would say it smells like a rum laced vanilla fruit cake (yes the christmas kind), carried in a satchel made of very weak smelling leather.

jventura489
jventura489

So far this is the only super sweet perfume that I can actually stand. I tried to wear Flowerbomb but it was way too overwhelming, and let's just say when it comes to perfume, I prefer minimalist and complex scents. This is definitely a winter/night out type of scent, but it is inviting and has a clean smell to it, which could be the Jasmine. I smell a lot of jasmine in this composition and I'm still waiting to get a whiff of everything else. I like it, but it will take me a couple of wearings to figure out where it stands. So far so good! I've been looking for a sweet scent that didn't make me nauseous and this seems to be it.

iMaverick
iMaverick

The scent was surprising, yet familiar. This, I guess was created in the era of the "new chypre", sans oakmoss. This scent is placed along with Gucci by Gucci, YSL Elle, and on and on. The remarkable thing about Vince Camuto is that it lets it be what it is. It doesn't over embellish, especially when it comes to adding a fruity note. It is not listed above, but I catch a transparent pear-like note, but it is used to enhance rather than sweeten the florals to the point of sickness. It would've been more an audacious scent if they increased the volume on the osmanthus with its spicier like qualities.

It is a light scent, this is more like an EdT than an EdP. The leather notes carry a slight rubbery quality, but it is not easily recognizable.

Easy to wear, easily likeable, simply gorgeous. It can be an instant favorite for those who prefer beauty through minimalism and simplicity. Thumbs up for this one.

cute tee
cute tee

I like but soooooo, any other better perfumes got the set for 85.00 @ Macy but im passing it on to my mother:-)

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Overwhelmingly powerful nauseatingly sweet synthetic garbage. I hate this so much.

lisarad
lisarad

Really enjoyed wearing this fragrance. didn't enjoy the first few minutes...but enjoyed the drydown. Stayed with me for only a few hours (i have uber dry skin). Enjoyed the soft wood scent. It didn't smell overly sweet to me...just a nice counterpoint to the oudiness! I'll come back to this again and again.

Addendum: Sprayed this today...and it was simply divine! Not overly sweet, just a touch to mellow the leather & light wood. I just love this fragrance. Was complimented several times (so rarely happens to me)...and it stayed with me! I was told that it smells pleasant and gorgeous! That is what I thought, as well. happy to have a fragrance smell good on me, not turn, and stay softly with me. a keeper!

Sassy1
Sassy1

I was hoping for a boozy leathery-apricot. So why am I smelling nothing but caramel?
This says Guess Marciano to me, but in a slightly better quality softer voice.
And I put a ton of it on...no sillage, which.tells me it won't last either.

So, while it smells nice and all, I can't see putting out bucks for it. Needs more "oomph".

dkny27
dkny27

This is the type of fragrance that I don't dissect... The whole scent just smells a little spicy, a little sweet and resonates, "it's ladies night".... It's a pretty, leathery, boozy, fall/winter fragrance and quite versatile I think, fun for an evening out......

ammebirds
ammebirds

Rum? Is that what I'm smelling? I do love mai tais so perhaps that explains it's appeal for me. Actually the initial note smells like blackberry to me... then it softens into a mush of vanilla, amber, and a touch of cardoman...? Using the sample, not sure I'm ready to commit.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

PASS!!.. i really see no resembles to flowerbomb..the initial spray smells pleasant.. that's what fooled me!!..once it dries down this juice stinks and is VERY annoying..ALOT OF WOMEN LOVE THIS STUFF ..i just dont get it lol ...try before you buy it...

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

I just recently tested this fragrance at the perfume counter, but I am still thinking about it. That generally means thart I will add it to my collection..I really like the rum note!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Vince Camuto for women is robust, dark, and distinguished. Rum and leather top notes with sweet vanilla and osmanthus to a dry down of patchouli, rose, and amber. A very sexy woody rum scent! Normally I don’t like my fragrances quite so strong but as an osmanthus lover I had to try this and am so glad I did! Absolutely beautiful fragrance, perfect for winter!

Debshee
Debshee

Really like the top notes but after 5 minutes, all the special notes are gone. Reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle's dry down. Have to vote dislike since there's no neutral vote. I don't hate it but I don't like it.

Edit: Much weaker than CM. After 20 minutes, I have to struggle to smell it.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Oh,
I like it.
Maybe not enough to buy a large bottle just yet because there are so many others I have wanted first -
It is def on my list though.

Predominant notes on me are the Rum and also Vanilla.
It is soft and cozy -warm and inviting .
"sigh" ---:)
I see it reminds some of Halle and that is one of my favorites -so maybe that is why I really like it also

EDIT: The more I wore it , the more I liked it and rec compliments as well.
So, I did end up ordering that large bottle after all -L.O.L
Looking forward to it arriving :)

starlight47
starlight47

I have tried so much to fall in love with this one. I think the bottle is so beautiful!! It just does not work for me, and to me it does not compare to Jimmy Choo. I really LOVE Jimmy Choo!!! I have a 50 mil. parfume of Vince Camuto I would not mind swapping.

Airdna
Airdna

Another sweet, warm, glamorous, and comforting perfume. The distinguishing note is a strong citrusy honey smell. Otherwise it's quite similar to Flowerbomb. A wonderful perfume on its own but after Jimmy Choo, I'm getting tired of seeing Flowerbomb dupes.

katemcq
katemcq

This makes me smell like I've spent the day at Yankee Candle company, in the autumn section. I enjoy the top notes which to me have a berry component more than rum, but these fade fast. What remains is again a very candle-like vanilla, slight musk, and a touch of pie spices. Certainly not offensive, but not that interesting, nor is it a particularly dressy fragrance. It also doesn't strike me as a men's scent.

Vamy69
Vamy69

To me this smells more like a man's fragrance than a woman's. On me it is smokey like there is some sort of a stale tobacco note in it. Typically I fall head over heels for a good smokey type of perfume but this one is just not it for me. I really don't get anything sweet here and just barely get any of the rum. It also disappears on my skin after a very short time. Just ok...nothing special. I would be willing to give it another chance in the fall or winter when it turns cold. It seems like it could work for colder months.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Very ordinary, reminds me of a million other scents, but that may be a very subjective opinion, im not into the woody / sweet combination ..

[email protected]
paiged98@gmail.com

Just got this and really like it. I get the rum, amber, patchouli and hint of vanilla. Altogether, this is a beautiful blend. There is no tobacco in here but something gives me a warm spicy pipe tobacco smell, not smokey, but the raw tobacco. I don't agree with Flowerbomb references. Staying power is very good, 6 hours and I still smell it on my skin. It does not smell like anything else I have. Sophisticated and structured for year round use. I can see this changing and becoming richer in warmer weather and being strong but quieter in the colder months. Lovely all around.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I liked it , a bit too sweet for me, but not bad at all.
I just used the only sample I had, so this is it.

dannysmom
dannysmom

This scent would be perfect for cool weather. It's spicy, warm, and reminds me of cuddling up in front of a fireplace, christmas cookies, and all things winter/holiday like. Would be the perfect gift wrapped up under the tree, and the bottle is gorgeous too.

Unfortunately; my Nordstroms decided to set up a display for this perfume in March, when the weather is starting to warm up. Very disappointing that I discovered this months after it was released because I probably won't get much use out of it in the summer. Oh well. It's on my wish list and I will be the first to buy it (along with the lotion) in Autumn.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Nice. Similar to Flowerbomb which I like a lot. A little "peachier".

Actually reminds me of a toned down Beyonce Heat Rush... which I love... so, yeah, this fits right into my genre. Nothing manly about this, by the way, unless you always just wear straight up flowers and powder. Then anything else would smell manly, I guess.

The longer this stays on me, the more I think it smells like Beyonce Heat Rush... there is no "peach" in the notes, but I smell something like that. Syrupy, but not overly so. Like maybe some bees would chase me were I sitting out on a hot patio right now... lol.

REALLY cool bottle. Looks nice sitting amongst my other bottles. Will reach for this often... OH, and unless the bottle in the pictures above (with the woman holding a bottle) is gigantic, or the woman is an elf, the bottle is NOT that big. But it IS hefty.

Will update if the notes morph on drydown.

Edit: Later: This gets REALLY amberish and musky over time. Sniffing under my shirt now, and its very animalic/musk... which is okay.... its just that I have a lot of that already, and it kinda gets me a little nauseous at times. BUT, I still like it... will just have to tone down the spraying, or layer it with something else that doesn't have the amber musk in it...

P.S. Geez, check out the flanker twin: Flight Of Fancy Anna Sui for women

ImperialsDynasty
ImperialsDynasty

Hubby and I went to the Dillards 50% off sale for New Years and OMG so many giftsets were gone but I did get a GREAT buy we found Vince Camuto 4pc Gift set for 40.00 OMG I had to get it!!! Vince Camuto is long lasting rich and ohhh so very sexy my Hubby really loves it so I had to get it. I really Love this sent and He loves it on me so u know it was on my list to get even off sale so this was a plus!!! This is a plus sent and a head turner for the single feeling sexy or the Married acting like they just met lol.

leeyah87
leeyah87

This is definitely not a Flowerbomb dupe, but I suppose they could be put in the same category. Vince Camuto is sweet, spicy, and mildly boozy. For an oriental, it is not too heavy. Flowerbomb makes me think of powdery candy, but Vince Camuto makes me think of rich, warm spices. Something about it reminds me of the holidays.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I am diggin' this fragrance sooo much! It has 3 layers to it and the only layer I don't like is the middle layer that starts about 5 minutes after it dries down on your skin.

Let me just say that I do understand where people get Flowerbomb with this. It spicier and this fragrance has a creamy base to it. It starts off like a spicy and sweet fragrance but 5 minutes later it turns into LEATHER sweetness and that drives me up the wall. I do NOT like smelling like a couch or car seats. It smells like a luxury car seat with a bit of sweetness and a bit of spicyness. After maybe an hour or an hour and a half the leather is gone and it dries down to a creamy sweetness thanks to the vanilla and amber. It does share that certain sweetness that Flowerbomb has but this one is spicier and if you do believe this is a rip-off of Flowerbomb you will NOT think that after 3-5 minutes when that LEATHER comes in

dawn.smith
dawn.smith

LOVE IT! Everytime I wear it I am constantly stopped & asked what I have on!

Sammie-Ma
Sammie-Ma

This is a 21 early century Niki de Saint Phalle Niki de Saint Phalle for women. At first I could not put my finger on what it reminded me of. It's not bad I still may break down and get this one.

sweetgirl

i love flowerbomb and anything vanilla amber rich like this!

sweetgirl

this smells great on me....creamy,soft,pretty,vanilla floral.....love this...its very femme on me...dont get any manly scent..it works for me...i love rum,vanilla,notes...great for a classy nite out in fall....a winner!

almarie
almarie

It smells quite like a man's cologne. I was very disappointed. Plus, the packaging could have been better.It's just too masculine for me. I much prefer Jimmy Choo and Flowerbomb.

stephie28
stephie28

I bought this perfume @ macy's and I love the scent but it doesn't last on my skin. It's a great perfume but it phases out too quickly.

raye60011
raye60011

Smells like what I would imagine an italian mob boss wife to smell like lol. It smelled like sweet and flowery rum!

MsJPham
MsJPham

The initial spray was was uniquely sweet and pleasant. The dry-down was just as pleasant, but it faintly reminded of a softer and sweeter version of Chanel #5.

C2it
C2it

Smells like a very light version of Flowerbomb except Flowerbomb last a lot longer.

vicki94
vicki94

I love the smell of this! I have to disagree that it has any smell of a mans cologne!! I have smelt it over and over and cant pick any smell other than womanly! Would recommend it! To me it has a different smell, I have noticed that it seems like so many kinds carry the same distint smell with a small veriation. This has a more classes smell with some romance to it!

secretcrush
secretcrush

I had a chance 2 smell this @ Macy's and think it will make a nice fall nighttime fragrance due 2 its dark n heavy essences such as patchouli n leather... definitely too heavy for warmer weather in my opinion...

Peggspark
Peggspark

I smelled this from a magazine insert too and it was love at first sniff! This will be a beautiful scent for the cooler weather of fall when it arrives. I want this one for sure!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vince Camuto Vince Camuto fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vince Camuto Vince Camuto, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vince Camuto by Vince Camuto. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vince Camuto by Vince Camuto represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.