Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Vince Camuto for Men Vince Camuto for men

Vince Camuto for Men Vince Camuto for men
dislike

leather
Vince Camuto for Men Vince Camuto for men Pictures Vince Camuto for Men Vince Camuto for men Pictures Vince Camuto for Men Vince Camuto for men Pictures

Design house of Vince Camuto launched its fragrance debut, Vince Camuto women's perfume, in 2011, and is presenting its first fragrance for men, also simply named Vince Camuto, in mid-August 2012.

The scented formula is created by perfumer Harry Fremont of Firmenich as boldly fresh and woody. It opens with Italian bergamot, sparkling mandarin and black pepper. Lavender in the heart is mixed with nutmeg and sensuous leather accord. Precious woods, patchouli and vetiver are blended with musk in the base.

The bottle is of classic rectangular shape, wrapped in stylish black leather stamped with the family’s crest. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Black Pepper

Lavender Nutmeg Leather

Woody Notes Patchouli Vetiver Musk

Vince Camuto for Men Fragrance Reviews

perfumeaddict81
perfumeaddict81

This is exactly how a professional, sophisticated man should smell. Great longevity! Italian rich leather with a bit of black pepper to add to the aromatics. Love love love it!

houstcs
houstcs

Like smelling your wife's purse? Go ahead, put this on. I once sampled a full bottle and liked the spices/pepper added to the leather. I did not love it, so I bought a small .5oz bottle. It smells totally different than the full bottle. The small bottle, purchased from a department store smells like a purse with a few flowers in the bottom. Smell the full sized bottle of you are really interested.

ShengmingHu
ShengmingHu

My favorite cologne, not one of. 9.5/10

jozemo
jozemo

A nice all around fragrance ,nice low key scent for the evening ,longevity is decent around 4 hours if sprayed on clothing and then your pulse points,sillage is low to moderate but close to the skin which is quite good, a nice leather based alternative if you're looking for a inexpensive scent.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A soft fresh leather scent. Some spices added to give it a little silage but not much. It reminds me of the leather in MIP. Very soft and wearable for today's average cologne buyer. For the guys that don't like Powerhouse scents this or MIP would be perfect. If it projected more I would love it! Luckily I got a decant that will probably get finished in 2016. A good choice for an everyday fragrance and very office friendly.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

I sprayed this fragrance on, and I honestly didn't like it. (At first) So after 20 minutes I smelled my hand and it smelled like a person that forgot deodorant and tried to cover it up by applying too much cologne. So basically, a taste of a sweaty armpit with a lot of leather and lavender. But, the shocking part is that I actually love it. When I can't stop smelling my hand and continue to smell my hand every 30 seconds, I believe that I more than just "like" this fragrance. This is a must have for me. I will definitely be buying this in the future. It just smells fiiiiine to me!

jdfarley
jdfarley

Underrated fragrance. High class fresh leather scent, versatile for most occasions, although a bit too much for the summer. Not my favorite scent by a long shot, but will happily use up my mini bottle.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

A sweet leather scent that is very nice and masculine. It reminds me of a more pleasant and less spicy version of english leather. The scent has a slightly old school, mature scent. I found myself liking the smell. I usually don't lean towards leather scents but if you do, this would be a good leather scent for every day office wear

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I was surprised how much like this one. To me I get a really nice fresh-leather, lavender, woodsy, peppery feel out of it. This fragrance has average projection for the first couple hours and then transitions into a skin scent; moreover, it lasts around 6-7 hours on my skin.

There is nothing really outstanding or unique about this fragrance, except it really is quite a pleasant smelling and versatile fragrance: excellent date/event scent (has a sensual quality to it) and wonderful for a quiet day at the office (has a semi-formal business feel to it) when you're not trying to make a statement nor stink anyone out. It can be used day or night and during anytime of the year except the really hot and cold periods IMO.

Well-done! Sure it's not an in-your-face Tuscan Leather or Golden Boy leather fragrance, but one doesn't need to include moon-dust and essence of Holy Grail in order to make a lovable scent. Anyway, while not one of my favorites, VCM is definitely a must have leather fragrance in my collection...cool bottle too.

Scott201
Scott201

Come on Fragrantica, you guys are slipping, Vince Camuto release a new fragrance mid March called Vince Camuto Homme, it's in a blue bottle.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Subtle, fresh, masculine. Camuto has won a place in my collection as a very safe bet. It doesn't push the boundaries, yet its clean without being overly floral. It maintains its composure very well.

Opening: Opens with a fresh burst of pepper and citrus, with a very mellow leather smell lingering behind it. Pleasant without being overwhelming. Gets slightly more woodsy as it dries.

Sillage: Respectable. 1-3 feet for the first hour or so, then 1-2 feet 2-3 hours in.

Longevity: Decent. I find that it is gone at about 4-5 hours on me.

Gripes: At the price for the bottle, I have no complaints really. Genuinely a good buy.

Best For: The first date. If you dont know what she's going to like, this is the one. Its got an air of fabric softened laundry from the dryer, and I have yet to meet a girl who doesn't like clean laundry. Its subtle and charming and safe in any season.

Overall: If you're considering a blind buy of this one, go ahead, its a great one to have in your collection. Camuto comes out clean without needing aquatics to boost its ego. Girls like it, guys like it. Its like a clean white cotton towel: Comfortable.

8.5/10

guynspfld
guynspfld

I know this doesn't seem to be popular, but I LOVE IT! I picked it up to smell because I assumed it would be rancid and it leaked on my fingers. I FELL IN LOVE. It is hard to describe. It is fresh, but unique. It will not be mistaken for anything else and for the price of 55 it is a steal.

kigyo
kigyo

When Sunday morning you are wiping off some alien vomit from your fake leather sofa. That is exactly how this one smells like. Repulsive.

Nick M
Nick M

I ususally don't enjoy leathery scents but this one is very pleasant. It could be because it's so casual and subtle, but that's probably a big minus for any man with at least 10 colognes. It's a nice starter frag for someone looking to expand into the spicy/leather realm (me).

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I try not to be overly negative on my criticism for a fragrance. The reason I don't like this one is from the onset you know that this is going to be like a 100 other fragances crowding the counter and I guess (call it wishful ignorance) that someone would take just a bit of risk. I really expect this from a designer with such impeccable taste in clothing. It is sort of like John Varvatos. These designers are on the cutting edge of fashion and then seems to make their fragrances for the guy who buys his suits from WalMart (not judging just saying basic taste).

So that is problem with these guys. Why are VC's suits $500+, shoes 200+ and make a fragrance that smells like something made by Perry Ellis or Docker! Gorgeous bottle by the way. I don't really get anything from this fragrance outside of it being a "fragrance". Again line up Perry Ellis Night, Kenneth Cole Black and a host of other things you find on a Ross/Marshall shelf and this would feel like part of the family.

Again I have nothing against those above mentioned fragrances but I can say with ease they match the clothes. Nice, safe, sporty, dressy but sort of assembly line. I expect more from Camuto (and Varvatos for that matter)

cologneking
cologneking

Simply, a NICE cologne. Vince Camuto for Men is a lot lighter than I expected. This cologne, eventhough it does bloom somewhat on the skin, it stays pretty linear and close to the wearer which isn't necessarily bad; this is a lavender-violet-leather fragrance and stays this way. On me, I do NOT detect any musks, woods or herbs, however, eventhough light [or presumably] light, this scent is detectable and is very nice and wearable. On the last hours of life of this scent, I do detect a little bit of woods which seem to be vetiver.

The sillage is light to moderate and the longevity is on par with every other fragrance on the market.

Vince Camuto for Men is an absolutely perfect cologne to wear into the office; it is very nice and pleasant and very inoffensive...the wearer will get compliments as I have from several passerby's.

This fragrance is a sleeper scent, it is way nicer than expected, wears better the longer it is on, is a perfect office cologne and as a daily wear.

Would I recommend this cologne?...DEFINITELY, YES!...would I purchase a full bottle?...YES.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Sparkling Bergamot and green. Almost a Irish Spring soap vibe. Long lasting opening for a good hour. Very Herbal and natural. Strong and powerful open.

Dry down: Mellows into a nice ashy base with a hint of leather and musk.
Ash and leather are the dominant notes. Mature dry down, but not overly dark in its musk. Comes off fresh almost like a classic barber shops aftershave.

Projection: In heat projects well, colder weather it won't project

Longevity: 4 to 6 hours medium

Overall: I find this to be a hidden gem regardless of its low projecting and longevity issues. With a simular Creed GIT opening and a close to Aventus dry down this is one of my new favorites. I am not saying its a copy or trying to mimic these but it does have similarities. Regardless this fragrance has its own unique notes with its leather that makes it its own.

Purchase: BUY If you are a fan of GIT pick this up, or into any well made green/herb scents.

UPDATE: Ive worn this in the recent fall/cold weather and it smelt of harsh chemicals. A HUGE 180 from what it was. Im not sure if weather plays a role in this or my nose just picked up more of the notes.

cameroncaleb12
cameroncaleb12

I have a question about this cologne. I am on the fence about this one. The smmell reminds me of Abercrombie and Fierce. Should I purchase?

Budman
Budman

Fail. Smells EXACTLY like Hugo Boss Bottled Night to me. Especially the drydown. Nice bottle though.

caese27
caese27

I think this cologne is just what was needed in a cologne world of today infested with unisex and metro man type scents , vince camuto steps up and says i am a man and fellas thats what women want is a man i am the only guy in my city who wears this cologne i assume because people always ask what i am wearing and i tell them what it is and no one has heard of it , but thats a plus too i do not smell like everyone else . Good sillage good longevity good smell , to me thats the markings of a legend in the making.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Vince Camuto's masculine has one major redeeming feature for a collector: the bottle. I think it's nice, albeit overdone. The fragrance is sadly underdone, a washed-out fougere with dry citrus and herbal notes. It quickly thins into sueded lavender against a backdrop of spiced vetiver and white musk. Might make a terrific aftershave, but virtually all pre-1990s aromatic fougeres crush it like a grape, and if I cared enough to delve into the canons of masculines from the last five years, I hazard I'd find at least a dozen or more that surpass it in both quality and originality. Try harder, Vince.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I find this absolutely undistinguished - it's generic and boring. And I agree with the very first review, here, that of Junior Halston's - it's very timid. It has little to no projection and not much longevity.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

got my nose on this today and wasn't really blown away..its very masculine and smokey just like Creed's Aventus ..not bad but not great either.. try before you buy

kazewayz
kazewayz

Fresh, spicy, citrusy, woody it's a pleasent scent. Beautiful bottle. Not much impressed by the juice, this one is lacking character. In in the initial spray I got freshness, but then it develops into something boring. It's not unique. The smell is not bad, don't get me wrong, but it isn't anything new in the man's fragrance world. Try it.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is horribly boring and completely without character. This smells like a baseline aftershave, offering nothing but a generic, stereotypically "masculine" spicy, woody "cologne smell".

The bottle felt really cheap in my hand, and the design is quite corny.

Seriously, this combination of notes is done again and again, and I'm quite tired of it. Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather, Pepper, Lavender...everything you'll find right beside this bottle at the men's counter, aka boring non-innovative fragrance wasteland.

If you're looking for something new, this isn't it. It's essentially a less unique Gucci Guilty.

RUDOLFO512

This is my second review on Vince Camuto. It has taken me a while to get used to this magical fragrance. Now it is one of my favorites. It is earthy and very, very masculine, soft and not overpowering. I sprayed some on this morning and I still smell it on me. It is great for a dinner date or just going out with friends.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

از شروع رایحه های سنگین وادویه مانند میتواند برای شما که در کنار این مرد خوش پوش و جذاب ایستاده اید را بسادگی نمیشود از دست داد رایحه قلب این شیشه تمام وکمال از چرم ومشک انسان را وسویه میکند تا با این شخص ارتباط برقرار کند.

mse-21
mse-21

I randomly sprayed some on a card and then on my skin, and got really surprised! It's a lot better than what I was expecting!

It's a very well made manly scent composed around Leather, Vetiver and I guess Patchouli plus some woods with a nice touch of musk. I really like the way it smells on my skin; its serious manly stuff...most probably will be added to my wardrobe.

The projection wasn't that good though, and it stayed about 4 hours on me. Definitely give it a try if you are into chic manly scents!

RUDOLFO512

I got this cologne as a Christmas gift from a client. This cologne is very fresh and clean and it lasts a long time on me.

before_n_afta
before_n_afta

My girlfriend got this for me as a Christmas present because she loved the smell of it. The first time I smelled it, it reminded me of Green Irish Tweed. Now I feel like it smells nothing like it. My girlfriend and I have very different tastes in fragrances, but I must say that this one has grown on me, and I wear it to work more often now than any other fragrance. I find it very pleasant, with leather, spice and patchouli being the most prominent scents to me. Longevity is good for me too, and lasts a good 6 hours. Bottom line, I know this won't be popular with everyone, but this guy really likes it.

Rankn504
Rankn504

Lmfao LANIER that review was soooo unnecessary gesshhh!!!

SteelerOpera
SteelerOpera

I work at the men's frag counter at Macy's and when this came in my first reaction was that it smelled like a combo of Aventus and a little Royal Oud. Vince Camuto has a wonderful opening, masculine and refreshing with some smokey undertones. My only problem is that it seems to vanish on me a little too quickly. I will say that I have yet to wear it when I am not at work so that could hinder my perception. My only other concern is that as much as I show it to people it's not a big seller and is not getting much attention in the fragrance community. Having said that I look forward to purchasing this when we have our deep discount in a few weeks :)

andres01
andres01

I really enjoy this cologne, also very long lasting

At this point, I have no idea who Vince Camuto is, but the bottle looks nice so I have to try. This fragrance, to me, has a cologney aftershave feel to it. Not old school but actually modern and well balanced. I also get something very cool and sharp metallicky that reminds me of Davidoff Echo for men. It's been just 30 minutes, and it's pretty nice. Not something I urge myself to purchase on the spot, but I am sure it'll make its eay into my collection someday.

WayneDN
WayneDN

I purshased this two weeks ago at the recommendation of the sales clerk. I sprayed it on me and began to walk around the store when someone stopped me and asked me what I was wearing ad it smelled clean. I returned to the counter and purshased it. One thing is that on me it is not long lasting about 2 hours. I myself don;t find it as anything special but it is fine for a day cologne. Would I buy it again? No.

LANIER
LANIER

My mother had style. One summer in 1977 I went up to visit my mother in Washington State where she now lives. And on this particular afternoon about which I am going to tell you we went into Seattle to Pioneer Square for lunch and a little sightseeing. You know, “Underground Seattle” and all of that tourist stuff that we love to do in other cities but loath to do in our own.

We entered a smart eatery on the Square and were seated in the greenhouse which was covered with lilac vines. Our seat was by the door and we faced into the dinning room. It must have been a ladies who lunch convention for the entire room was packed with middle-aged women dressed to the nines. I was the only man in the room except for a man seated facing us alone on the other side of the room.

As mother and I settled into our seats and were handed those huge old fashioned menus you can hide a Buick behind we noticed an air of excitement in the room. The place was positively atwitter. Like when a tomcat gets into the giant birdcage at the zoo. The tomcat in this case was the lone gentleman facing us.

I lowered my menu to see what all the hubbub was about.

“Mother don’t be obvious but isn’t that Cesar Romero over there?”

Mother peeked over her menu. “Why yes Lanier, I think it is.” The menu went back up. “I am having the Salmon, what about you?”

Cesar Romero was a romantic Latin matinee idol of the movies back around the time when my mother was a little girl, the 1930’s. That day in Seattle he certainly had not lost one iota of his charm or Movie Star looks. He was indeed impossible not to notice, and he was making sure that we knew he was there. He must have carried his own personal key light where ever he went and it was always turned on. You could not ignore him. There he was a real 24 carat Hollywood Star like they didn’t make anymore.

The women in the restaurant were making regular pilgrimages to his table and nearly curtsying as they asked for his autograph. He was gracious and gave his signature on napkins and old envelopes to them with a blazing smile. Mother lowered her menu and that was when he saw her. One eyebrow shot up and his tractor beam of white hot glamour narrowed from the entire room to just her. He spent the entire lunch trying to get her attention. All eyes shifted to our table and the twittering doubled. Mother played it cool and never gave him an inch. For me this was a revelatory treat. My mother could play a movie star like he was a smitten teenaged boy. Neither of us even acknowledged what was happening. By the end of lunch the trickle of ladies to Mr. Romero’s table had subsided. They were transfixed over cold plates just waiting for something to happen.

The check came. Despite my protest mother insisted on paying it. When we rose to leave the place was like a tomb. It was so quiet you could hear a mouse pass gas. Suddenly there was the sound of wooden table legs scarping across the floor. Everyone turned toward the sound. Cesar Romero was standing at his table. He bowed elegantly to my mother. The ladies some with their mouths agape all turned their heads to my mother. At the door to the square she half turned and gave him a hint of a smile and a nod then swept out with me in her wake.

Safely outside we burst into laughter. Then it hit her.

“My god! That was Cesar Romero!”

“And he was flirting with YOU!”

“You don’t suppose I could have had an affaire with Cesar Romero do you?” She said all giggles and suddenly sixteen again.

“Maybe mom, but what you just had in there was probably a lot better than an affaire.”

We laughed about it all the way home.

Vince Camuto the new men’s cologne by American shoe designer Vince Camuto is just the kind of fragrance you would imagine a man like Cesar Romero would wear. From the uber masculine glamour of it’s leather clad bottle design with its silver “wax” seal and gun mettle top and cap it is a stunner to look at. It would look good in the dressing room of any star from 1930 to today.

The bold gorgeous bottle gives the impression that you are in for a big show, “Major Studio Premiere Tonight” kind of thing. This Woody Aromatic perfume opens brightly and all smiles for the camera with a delicious pop of pepper, bergamot and mandarin orange. At first I thought, oh here we go this is going to be a powerhouse masculine scent. But no, the opening is misleading. Like popping flashbulbs at a 1940 movie premiere it’s what comes after the red carpet entrance that counts. The three starlet openers of pepper, bergamot and mandarin drop way within twenty minutes, enter the real stars of lavender, nutmeg and a new fresh smooth leather. It becomes subtle and soft like beautiful Spanish leather boots. It takes its time and holds back just enough to be enticing. Like a big close-up at just the right moment. The leather is sumptuous and sensuous how appropriate considering the house of Camuto is all about shoes. It moves closer to the skin in the dry down of musk, patchouli, vetiver and wood keeping the subtle masculine aura alive though to the fade out and…. The End.

Vince Camuto has a wonderful old world meets old Hollywood feeling. It is made of elusive star shine and a dash of the stuff that dreams are made of. Like Romero’s tractor beam of glamour Vince Camuto narrows its focus fairly quickly and then stays on track for about seven hours of wear. Never pushy or loud or the kind of fragrance that calls out for the paparazzo’s attention, I find that Vince Camuto does not wear you. When you wear it, you, not the fragrance are the star.

FOUR GOLD STARS ****

TaivasVarista
TaivasVarista

The reviews here about this scent are very different, so I will say this... TRY THIS SCENT YOURSELF and then decide.
I tried before actually making the purchase at a store and after about 30 minutes I bought it. It is very subtle, will not overpower the wearer and it is suitable for Autumn and Winter without it being too woody or spicy, which I detest.
Oh, and the longevity is amazing even on my shirts after washing them... the minute the material touches the hot iron, it erupts in a soft and wonderful fresh scent.
Definitely this scent is going into my collection of perfumes to have. :-)

zippy
zippy

It's a nice clean scent. Lasts a long time and won't offend anyone.

samatl74
samatl74

I just did a sample of this at Belk. I am a huge fragrance freak but never heard of Vince Camuto. I called my sister up and it turns out this guy is well known for designing womens shoes and other clothing. I took a whiff of this frag and honestly I was blown away by the fresh, woody, clean, and peppery dark this fragrance was. It really caught me off guard how good this stuff smelled. I have NO idea on the longevity of this but this is def a beautiful fragrance in every way. I own over 50 frags with several of them being Niche but still haven't found my PERFECT scent however I get compliments all the time with what I wear. I have a feeling this frag is going to be a serious contender with the higher up frags. It is very well blended, peppery spicy, fresh, woody. If it as good as the smell on my wrist and has some staying power I may have found a new signature scent. If the longevity isn't great, I am still going to get it and get an atomizer. I don't see how anybody could not like this scent nor be offended by it. It's MANLY and I believe could boost ones confidence after a few sprays on the neck. 9/10

Update: Bought the frag. I love it, especially the clean earthy drydown. There is nothing ULTIMATELY super unique on the frag other than it smells DAMN good. It is simply a new take on things that have been done before. This is one of the few colognes that I actually DO spray on the clothes. I go 4 shots with this one..Two on each neck pulse point, one under the shirt, and one ON the shirt. I have found my self sniffing myself throughout the day. There are indeed frags that have a similar vibe, but I find this one especially interesting for its spicy darkness that is not overly harsh. This could go all seasons but really fitting for a cool evening or fall. If you are looking for an over the top completely intense unique fragrance, this may not be for you. If you are looking for something daily, clean, spicy, and a bit mysterious this could be the one for you.

Just because your nose can't smell it intensely after an hour doesn't mean people around you cant.

jonr951
jonr951

Beyond boring. I've smelled this a million times before So disappointing seeing as how nice the woman's was. Oh well. On to the next one. : )

stromboli77
stromboli77

When I first sprayed this on, the leather note just completely got my attention and I've been hooked ever since. Very much an "earthy woody" scent, this fragrance starts off a little fresh but dries down to a semi-sweet, spicy "dirtiness" that I just absolutely love. And when I say dirtiness I mean that in a VERY good way. Although one can see this as being clean, Vince Camuto carries heavier earthy accordes that mix extremely well with the lighter ones but allows the earth and spice (and leather!) to come more to the forefront, while the freshness and sweetness take a step back. I see this more on the mature side, a bit heavy but with just the right amount of aeromatic ability to keep it modern and fresh, and SMOOTH. For some reason, when I smell this I'm taken back in time. I feel like this could have actually been released over 20 years ago, but like the original fahrenhiet, would still be able to hold up very well with today's style of fragrances. A gem.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

The initial first spray is the most interesting part of Vince Camuto for Men, and then almost immediately allows the pepper and patchouli to take control. During it's transition, my first thought was... "Givenchy Gentleman." Salty leather and raw patchouli. Not my cup of tea, but for those who enjoy a herbal leather scents may enjoy this composition.

teketeke
teketeke

Department store dude with a lazy eye had me try this--reminds me of a watered down Gucci Pour Homme or maybe Tommy Bahama. Similar rum over patchouli deal going on, but nothing too special.

$$
$$

i think this is a nice woodsy,earthy,manly cologne.great for september/october weather and nights.i can say it does last on your skin for a long time.it smells like a light version of ysl l'homme libre without the star anise and basil.dont sleep on this fragrance i had women telling me what a nice scent your wearing!

junior halston
junior halston

Smells like a small drop of fragrance diluted in water.

Vince Camuto for Men by Vince Camuto 3.76 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vince Camuto Vince Camuto for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Vince Camuto Vince Camuto for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vince Camuto for Men by Vince Camuto. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vince Camuto for Men by Vince Camuto represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.