Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Anglomania Vivienne Westwood for women
dislike

leather
Anglomania Vivienne Westwood for women Pictures

Presented in 2005 as floral – oriental fragrance, it was designed by Dominique Ropion. The composition opens with cardamom, coriander and green tea. The heart belongs to enchanting rose, tender violet and nutmeg. The base is warm and soft, with leather, vanilla and amber. This is a very mystique perfume, carrying both English and Asia essences, sophisticated but not naïve. The bottle was inspired by the Chinese pharmacy vial, colored in red and available as 30 and 50 EDT.

Coriander Green Tea Cardamom

Kingdom

Anglomania Fragrance Reviews

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I ordered this on a whim because I enjoy Boudoir and how distinctive and well composed it is.

THIS is like the missing part of my collection ... I feel like it's my soulmate perfume. Everything about it just grabs me and really seems to be something that accentuates my personality and personal themes and interests.

The use of cardamon and rose is perfect here and it reminiscent of Amouage Epic Woman, which I do love, but this dries down in a way that is similar to how it starts out and basically smells the whole way through whereas Amouage hangs on but fades in its initial feeling and this just works better, for me anyway.

The spice and rose is really *haunting* but in a good way and befit cooler weather, the romance of the wintery months. It's black coats and velvet skirts, fishnets and dark lips. I truly love this and it's also much, much cheaper than Amouage too, which is a plus. :) But that said, it could compliment almost any outfit and is just so spunky and full of personality and sass. It also has the cherry-plastic kind of thing going on, which I realise doesn't sound attractive, but trust me when I say there is that kind of vibe going on.

I will also acknowledge that raspberry sodastream note that takes me straight back to my childhood. It's a note in Amouage and it's obviously a very particular rose-spice presence that takes shape in this pairing. It's just so damn sexy and warm and happy. It edges on a kind of girlishness without going overboard. Punk geisha anyone? Kimono shirt and doc martens? I think so. :)

This is a really wonderful perfume if Lady Vengeance, Epic Woman, White Patchouli, Cannabis Rose are your favourites.

polly golightly
polly golightly

essendo molto anglofila, almeno dal punto di vista musicale, ero assai curiosa di provare questo profumo. e vivienne non ha tradito le aspettative, con un meraviglioso accordo che si inaugura freschissimo. le prime evanescenti note sono infatti a base di tè, rosa molto realistica e non caramellata, violetta e un tocco speziato di cardamomo. quindi si insinua il cuoio, morbido in una prima fase, preponderante dopo, quando duetta con un'ambra (che ricorda ambraliquida dell'erbolario) secca e iperresinosa. si tratta insomma di una fragranza che evolve in maniera dicotomica, partendo da note verdi e quasi dissetanti, per approdare sul caldo balsamico. notevolissimo.

shushkin
shushkin

I have had this on my "to test" list for a while now so when a bottled popped up on EVILBAY for a song I couldnt resist. The first notes to appear for me were the rose, tea, cardamom and coriander. This perfume sort of represents me as I am half English and Punjabi. It appeals to my love of the cardamom note and my love of tea. I do love my roses to and grow only the most fragrant. I love the violet note as well but its pretty weak in this. To say its fleeting could be an understatement but then violet is such a fleeting note anyway.
You could be forgiven to think that this must be a spice bomb! Well, fear not as the spices are used with much restraint. The suede and the tea really enhance each other with a soft dry suede effect running through the fragrance. The notes that last the longest are the rose, suede, tea and faintly the cardamom and coriander.
Its such a shame that its longevity is poor and also a weak sillage. I will try it over some grape seed oil to try and increase longevity.

Dark Curls

Dug this out recently..it had been literally years - dug it out because of my newly discovered infatuation with leather scents all thanks to vintage formulas of Chanel Cuir de Russie - I fell for Anglomania all over again..whilst having a clove cig during lunch with a work mate, he complimented my perfume after watching me smoke for a bit and said it (Anglomania) complemented the scent of my clove cigs. This stirred quite a bit of delight within me ;)

lolitajade
lolitajade

discovered by accident as have all three. Anglomania, Little Black Dress by Avon and Anna Sui by Anna Sui are all VERY similar :)

cul-de-sac
cul-de-sac

uniqueness - 10
projection - 10
longevity - 10

This is a true masterpiece, i'm so happy to see it on UK ebay again. It was my perfumery alter ego for many years, then it had gone from perfumery shops for ever. i was sad and cried every night. A year ago i accidentely saw it on uk ebay and ordered the 30ml edp version. I opened the classic deep red box and my dream came true. NOTHING HAD CHANGED! The same notes pyramid, the same impressions, the same compliments from family, friends and even strangers. One lady asked me to write down the brand and name of this scent. As You know, some fragrances came back with cheaper composition and weaker projection. Yesterday i ordered another bottle from the same seller. My guarantee of happiness is on the way. Bravo, Anglomania! Bravo, Vivienne Westwood! Bravo, Dominique Ropion!

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

squirted it on a card:
...mmmmmm, lovely. but i would not describe it as bold or powerful as some have...it is soft and girly and sweet and sadly a bit generic that way. nor would i name it Anglomania! it does not smell Anglaise, i can tell you...or manic. more english students having a quiet boozy night in China town wearing nice hair product. Sorry.

squirted it on me:
pepper?! made me sneeze when i sniffed it straight after spraying. Is this the cardamon and coriander?? strange. it's pink pepper...then leather, lovely leather. that has pretty much gone away (15 minutes later)...and seriously, nothing is changing and i agree with "Dorothy Grace" (your name sounds like a perfume!)...

"I think I must be sensitive to one (or more) of the manmade aromachemicals because there is something in this that is reminding me very strongly of Dot, Truth or Dare NaKed, J'Adore, Forbidden Euphoria, and a couple of others that have slipped my mind."

this is in the middle phase and all i can smell is the part of Truth or Dare naked and actually, now i think about it Maitresse aswell....the part that i don't like. (despite them having few, if any, notes in common). it is a strange chemically syruppy thang. like fake honeyed amber, which i suspect is something in the base of all three that sits there from the very start and overpowers the whole thing for me. it is ALL my nose can smell. someone mentioned something "blocking the way" of the other notes...and yes, that's it! it blocks the other notes from my nose.
ahha!...i know this smell!...it is in my kid's de-tangler spray and my leave in conditioner. i don't want to wear hair product as a perfume!

i dont get spice (except that peppery beginning - which i liked), zero powder :-(
Nor rose sadly...vague violets at the end, no nutmeg, no vanille...nothing for this overpowering "aroma chemical". ho hum. to me Anglomania smells like Si Lolita gone wrong with TOD naked on top and some PG tips (not green tea on me, i'm afraid) thrown in.

dry down....oh rose, where are you!? powder? nope. sniff sniff (not just my wrist, sniff sniff, tears). it's wearing off and still smells of our lovely hair products. still waiting for the leather and rose.

i shall stick with the unbelievably lovely and clever Boudoir and Let it Rock (which keeps growing on me)...both of which are winners.

will try it again in the morning and in a week or two, but me thinks it's not a keeper, despite the lovely rouge bottle!

AveParfum
AveParfum

Anglomania--a nice perfume, but I was hoping it would be darker; more leathery. I smell powdery violets atop vanilla and syrupy amber, made fresh by strong green tea. It has a dark and vampy retro thing going for it. It has personality.

Glarnere
Glarnere

This one is strange, not bad, just strange.
I tried it several times and never felt the connection between me and the fragrance, it just "not mine"! Unfortunately i did not get anything soft or powdery.
I gave it away to my mother...
So my suggestion is - don´t buy blind this one, it is indeed very unusual! Chemistry is a strange thing...

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

This was a blind buy for me and I am still trying to understand if I like it.
I surely do not dislike it, though.
The fact is that it seems to evolve very very quickly, at least according to my nose; in the beginning there is a gorgeous blast of coriander, cardamom, vanilla and flowers (I cannot really tell the rose from the violet and vice versa, but I do recognize the flowery notes).
After 3-4 minutes, all this magnificence seems to have gone and I am left with a beautiful suede-vanilla note, that lasts forever and ever, and makes me think of scented leather gloves.
Very nice and very interesting, but what happened to the beautiful top and middle notes? Are they supposed to fade away in less that 5 minutes?
Anyway, after 8 hours I can still smell the suede note on my arm... it's staying power is amazing!
It also reminds me a little of "Putain des Palace" by Etat Libre D'Orange, but Anglomania is really better, as it features all the sexiness without the dirt and the sexually trasmitted diseases notes...

Update: in spite of the nasty-vulgar-childish comments by TS on "Perfumes - the Guide", I cannot smell any gourmand top note nor any PVC raincoat in the dry down. Somebody must have been suffering from a severe nose-fatigue issue! This is a gorgeous fragrance if you like rich leather notes.
I definitely like it, although I wish the beautiful spicy top notes could last a bit longer.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I don't smell leather at ALL! The first few minutes of this is pure Parma Violets, sweet violet candies. Then the drydown with some tea and some spice..wow! It changes character so completely and suddenly. From innocent little girl to feminine rocker chick in about half a second! The drydown sits really close to the skin. I can't stop sniffing it! I never thought this was a fragrance that would appeal to me but I'm intrigued and find myself wanting a bottle. It's like a beautiful lacy lilac dress paired with a torn up leather jacket and studded boots.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Anglomania or how in 5 minutes to turn from perfume-holic into...crazy foxberry!
I kind of understand why its discontinued - you suddenly getting obsessed with sniffing and spraying, spraying and sniffing. Probably some hospitals just tired to admit patients whos fingers were clenched around the scarlett bottle...Circle after circle you repeat these ..actions...All other flacons like old jealous dolls just sit on the side tables looking at you and Anglomania with "wide eyes open"
I do smell spices and green tea, I do agree its totally crazy, mad, cheerful and most unusual juice, but still - its pure Foxberry (just look at this top) on me with its sour-sweet, tart resinous TASTE.
Someone, take it away from me and hide it(without smelling) at least till the next weeeeeeeek.......If you will be able to unclench my fists)

Revontuli
Revontuli

This immediately reminded me of Alexander McQueen's My Queen. I get more violets than rose in this scent. And lots of cardamom. But no, I'm not disappointed at all. And that bottle... The reason why I blindbought this actually.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Beautiful scent, classy and gorgeous just like Vivienne, a very heady mix of rose, leather, vanilla, and amber on me. Kind of a cross between Red Door and VS Very Sexy, although not as bossy as RD or as sexy as VS, perhaps the more prim and proper sister.

evacecilias
evacecilias

I looove this scent and even if I got a whole 30 ml bottle in swap from lovely Sumokorente recently , I am bothered with that it is discontinued.cause It is such a treat...warm rich but with the freshness from several exquisit spicies. Cardamon and coriandre at top creates an interesting start telling you - don't mess with me , I''m different I'm special !
The mixture of violet , nutmeg and rose is heavenly..
.drydown isn't to be ashamed of either...with a nice leather and musk drydown .
Why does it have to be so hard to find ?

SS79
SS79

Was lucky enough to get this in a swap! WOW its a beautiful scent! I love the leather in it.. its not in your face, but a well rounded one. Its a real intoxicating fragrance... I really can't stop smelling my wrist! Im very glad to have it in my collection!

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Gorgeous, Classy, Sexy, Mysterious, Calming, Refined, yet a bit of a Rebel

This is very chic, a rose leather that's slightly powdery and strong notes of tea.. that's just as well suited for a man as a woman

Strange, in the beginning it's overtly feminine, but as it dries down it becomes more masqueline...but the kind of masculine that is androgynous ....for a powerful feminine woman or man

Quite original and lovely, long lasting , light to moderate sillage.. just perfect

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Full bodied, sexy and voluptious! The spices are warm, the cardamom is warm but sweet and alluring with other spices and amber and leather.

Nothing less from ginger haired queen ;) aka VW

LaSimba
LaSimba

Oh I want it so bad! If anyone has it for swap or sale, please pm me!

n.chin
n.chin

The description of the perfume being bold and powerful was a little bit intimidating to me. But it turned out that on my skin, Anglomania is not as bold as what I have expected (not that it's bad or anything).

The opening I got was at first a spicy tea. The tea is strong for a moment, then the smell of muddy rose kicks in. But on me, the rose disappears very quickly. The dry-down is very lovely and warm. I don't smell much leather but a lot of vanilla and amber. The dry-down is very creamy and long lasting on my skin.

This is just my humble opinion, I'm not a professional at sniffing perfumes. At first spray, I was a little bit confused with it, to be honest. But I grew attached to it and finds it more beautiful each time I use it. Sometimes I feel as if it smells differently on me each time I use it. I think Anglomania is an interesting perfume and I'm quite lost to find out that it has long been discontinued :( .

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I wish id discovered this sooner ......yet again , i find a perfume I really like and it is "hard to find" , so i am looking for something similar. Im surprised to see its only been out since 2000! I assumed it must be a very early VW perfume for it to be now so scarce.

I only have a lotion and a mini , and i use those on "special occasions" . I find this gorgeous scent to be as big an aphrodisiac as "Boudior" ....Sexy stuff indeed. The lotion is such good quality that no perfume is needed , i can get away with wearing JUST the lotion and be scented all evening.

Loving "Vintage -scents" review , I must try "Jolie Madam" , and indeed "hermes Kelly Caleche " too .

If anyone has this and wants rid , feel free to PM me for swap/sale :)

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

I bought a bottle many years ago at Marshall's and did not like it, maybe I could not appreciate at the time as I was so heavily into Boudoir. Maybe I was wrong.

Bandit
Bandit

I don't get Vivienne Westwood. You'd think that this female icon would eventually choose to give her name for an edgy fragrance. Nope.

"Anglomania" is not edgy, if you like Ropion's style, which is pretty mainstream. He loves his flowers, he loves them heavy and not well blended, in this case rose and violet. Unfortunately Ropion uses the same violet as in "My Queen", which is a fail. This is not the violet of the famous and beautiful vintage queen "Jolie Madame", but a cloying, very modern version of violet. I don't at least feel reminded of "Jolie Madame", to compare "Anglomania" with pre-reformulation "JM" is not justifiable.

That being said, "Anglomania" is a better perfume than "My Queen".

"Anglomania" starts with tea and cardamon; this is, I suppose, what others discribed as the "damp" smell. I don't like tea in my fragrance either. Very soon the leather emerges and gives the perfume its only edge, imo. With leather come flowers. With faiding of the leather you get, what is signature of Vivienne Westwood's fumes: The 5-year-old girl's dream of a perfume: A very powdery, immature vanilla base with a little, but unfortunately very tame amber. I feel like having tea with Barbie. No beast there, no animal to find. I guess, this is a "sexy" perfume (same with "Boudoir"), if you are a sexy beast to begin with and want to bewilder the smeller with this discrepancy.

Is this british? You tell me... ;)

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

To me, Joile Madame, pre-reformulation, is the best leather I have ever smelled. Anglomania comes very very close. It is to me, all about the leather and roses. Pink ones, to be exact. This is all things vintage that I love. It is not a brand new Italian leather handbag, it is an aged old delicate leather purse from the 20's or 30's, filled with old makeup,powders, lipsticks. Exquisite.

Anglomania has a bit of a wild side, too. For some reason, I think this is what Kelly LeBrock's character Lisa in 'Weird Science' would be wearing. In any case, I really love this bad girl. It's a great boudoir scent, another hit from Vivienne Westwood!
I love the fact that vivienne Westwood perfumes have the ability to be both sweet, innocent, powdery, vintage, and have a bad, wild, 'whips and chains' sort of attitude.
Love it!
Longevity All day
Sillage Moderate

ancelicah
ancelicah

I got Anglomania as gift, and my friend said that it is exactly my type. My type? Nope. I hated the heavy woody, leather perfume. I thought it smelled very british, but in a bad way. Late autumn/winter, when everything is damp, molten and old. I don't like cardamom, or cinnamon either. I started wearing it anyway, and managed to use the bottle. I thought of Victorian Age beautiful women, hiding their gorgeous underwear in a old woody drawer. Retro-sex from 19th century.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I treated myself to this a couple of years ago as it was going very cheap on Amazon- I wish now that I'd stocked up. It's funny because if I'd read about the notes before I bought it,I doubt I'd have bothered- it was a complete blind buy. This is one to really sink your teeth into,it is bold and interesting and very seductive. Tankgirl mentioned Memoirs of a Geisha- this could be the Geisha's version of Boudoir. The opening is bright and fragrant green tea,coriander and cardamom which gradually deepen and then you sink down into voluptuous fragrant roses and soft leather . The spices do remain but are subtle and blend together warmly and the smooth amber and vanilla leave a rich powdery base which is just so delicious. When I wear this I cant stop sniffing my wrists and EVERYBODY wants to know what I'm wearing- you may be in danger of total strangers sniffing your neck.

gashdown
gashdown

Vivienne bottled the spirit of the first Suede album, added a dash of heroine-chic, made it look like a vial of poison and smell of a leather whip slashing roses. This is Love. This is Beauty. This is Hardcore. This is what the Venus in Furs smells like when she walks in beauty like the night.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

First of all, I cannot believe that people voted the violet note as the fifth most noticeable note. I get a LOT of violets throughout the entire experience. I would say:
Rose-violet
Leather
Cardamom
Amber
Vanilla
Tea, etc.
but that's just on me! (Although if I spray close to the skin to get a concentrated spray, I get much, MUCH more leather, and it is so nice!)

I just sprayed this on for the first time ever (just received my bottle) and I must say, it is not as extreme as I thought it would be on my skin and according to the reviews. 3 full sprays on my forearm and it is not that strong. It does, however, remind me of the colour RED very vividly! It is quite sexy! The bottle is magnificent in the 50ml and heavy. It feels good to hold.

In the opening, it is not without reminding me of the rose in Chloe INTENSE (with the black ribbon), a dusty, vintage, sad, beautiful ripe rose. In the first minutes, it really smells like I am wearing Nanette layered with Chloe intense, sprayed underneath my leather jacket. It shares a few notes with Nanette (Amber, rose, violet and spiciness). I already have both of those fragrances so I am not super crazy excited about the opening, although it is gorgeous. The tea note adds a little originality to the mix. The violet and spices make it a drier-spicy sort of feminine scent. I like that is is strong-minded without being overwhelming or cloying. It's almost like a texture more than a perfume.

I am reminded of a leather jacket that would still carry all of your favorite perfumes on the collar, just where you would spray your neck.

The coriander is now coming out and gives the fragrance a fresh, woody lemon smell that goes very well with the amber.

The leather is more of a clean soft leather or suede than a thick musty leather like the one in Kelly Caleche. I dislike Kelly but I like Anglomania. So if you don't like the leather in Kelly, you might be able to like this one.

Someone said it is punk rock in a bottle.... I wish I could agree. That initially made me really excited because I used to be in the punk scene back in the early nineties and I have been looking for a "punk" fragrance for a long time (I would say something trashy like Gucci Rush is more like it!). If anything, this is more like a sultry beautiful chinese lady behind an intricately patterned curtain, in circa 1950 China, smoking a cigarette and wearing a long silk dress slit on the side. Maybe waiting for her next victim to walk in because she... is an assassin!! haha yes, that sounds more like it!

The more it dries and the more I can smell the spices and violet. Of course the rose is still much there but it doesn't have the lead role anymore. The cardamom is quite sweet on me! It reminds me of a very old bath powder in a tin can, but in a very good way!

I get most of the leather after the first 20 minutes and the vanilla keeps it girly. Much complex fragrance and I can see it reacting very differently on different skins.

A must try if you like Nanette, Chloe intense, the soul of Prada Amber, the dryness of violets combined with sweet spices and everything Vivienne Westwood.

muskymoi
muskymoi

Just gorgeous. Such a spitfire of a perfume. I'm starting to know myself a little bit better by the perfumes that I choose, as opposed to the perfumes I *think* I'd like. What I realize, if walking down a perfumed road and hit a fork in that road, is that I tend towards the skank fragrance route over the sweet/light/virginal/fruity fragrance route. And, I think it's because I've finally realized that I'm a grown woman, not a chick, not a girl, not a gamine wide-eyed virgin who has never suffered/lost/regained/found peace.

The notes here are just enormous right out of the bottle. The spices and smoky quality are really vibrant and it smells almost like I'm seasoning myself with this perfume. To say the least, this is better worn by a Lauren Bacall type of woman rather than, say, a Drew Barrymore type of woman.

Oh, and this was a blind buy based on the excellent reviews/descriptions on fragrantica, by all you wonderful peeps.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

This is a love, for sure! It is a sweeter, more modern day version of Yves Rocher 'Orchidee', although Orchidee does not list which spices I can clearly pick up atleast the same corriander and cardamom.

A bit flat upon initial spritz, but in a few minutes in transpires into a fuzzy soft, sweet and spicey, powdery sex kitten 50's style... this is very rockabilly!

The amount of amber is just perfect! All the notes seam to prety much support each other, and not a single note taking center stage. The leather is hardly noticable, only enough to add that buttery skin eliment...and the vanilla is delicious, just Fabulous!!

Another take on this, ...if you can picuture this. You wake up in the wee hours of the morning, silence, peace... a well being, safe, protected, happy place, as Bjork would say ''When it's oh so quite'', time to reflect on the day aheaed, and the days past. Time to reach for that expensive chai tea you save for just such moments. You sit in your very cushioned soft leather chair... sipping your freshly made warm tea... hints of spices from the tea hit your nose as you sip.. some cardamom, coriander, perhpas some hidden cinnamon, there's a vase nearby with freshly cut flowers from your yard, you know those purpley/blue fuzzy soft kind of flowers.... aaaaaaaaah, can you smell it?

This scent is comforting and sexy, unique, with a touch of the old. Oh and don't get me wrong this is all woman, very feminine, but i do detect the slightest masqueline note all the way through to the end. It might be the tea with leather, it's not a light tea with milk, this is a full flavored black tea, As I explained, it does mellow out, but still stays fairly noticable, right through the drydown. I'm not absoutely sure on this, but I think that maybe just maybe the right man could pull this off.

Sillage is moderate, longevity 4-5 hours. I think this could be worn any time of the year. While, it's warm with amber and comforting sweets and spices... it's prety mellow, i think the tea eliment and touch of leather really help balances things out...what really make this such an amzing, intruiging perfume. I dont see this being too cloying any time of the year, even summer

8.5/10

Very reasonably priced, money well spent!

By the way, does anyone know where I can buy the lotion? Is there a lotion?

From Viviene Westwood
A modern, clear-signature leathery rose expressing the duality of a woman picking up the best of different cultures. A bewitching fragrance for the contrasted, extrovert facet of a woman. Spiritual, eclectic and modern woman. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania blends Asian influences with roses redolent of English gardens in a floral oriental harmony that is both fresh and sensual, distinctive yet easy-to-wear. Enticing spicy top notes of cardamom and coriander mingle with vibrant green tea to conjure an initial impression of piquant sophistication. In the dry-down, an original leather harmony underscores the fragrance's unique personality, while vanilla and amber feel soft and warm against the skin.

krmarich
krmarich

I had the priviledge of being in NYC in 2006 when the Anglomania exhibit was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I had liberally sprayed some on and experienced its drama first hand. Pure punk rock style in a bottle. Such a beautiful apothecary bottle too! It feels great in your hands.

The main inspiration is the London Chinatown connection. Dragons, roses and tea! Genius! This is a very red floriental that works best in colder weather. There is a powdery touch within. Iris and violet? The big red waxen rose dominates the composition. Its elegance lasts for hours.

Sexy? Somewhat. London chic? Very.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

This is a 'butch' fragrance. If you love pepper and spices, you'll love this. There is a tiny hint of sweetness, but apart from that it is VERY dry and savory. All you dominatrixes out there - you'll love the leather!! You have to have a strong character for this one. Similar to Alexander McQueen's My Queen, but much drier.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This sounds absolutely divine, and i'm sure not to run into anyone else wearing the same :) I'd love to swap for this one. It sounds like a soft sexy dirty rose

--update! I've just purchased and wowzerz :p this is really very girly, the violet and rose play off each other, the cardomon and tea are very noticabe... it all blends so nicley into a powdered sex potion :D

Dominatrix? hardly, lol, this stuff is sweet, powdery voiolet spiced tea...super girlly sexy, i dont really pick up alot of leather, it's rather powdery so maybe a bit of suede?

It almost reminds me of what flowerbomb might have smelled like in an alternte universe, lmao.. i'm so happy with my purchse and the longevity is great, I'm fairly certain I'll be buying another bottle especially since I could only find a 1.7

lastly , the bottle is very cool, love that chinese medicine bottle look!

Reminds me of Guerlain's Samsara, only more modern with more of a girly feel and very sweet on my skin

lara0905
lara0905

Soft, warm spicy floral, sensual embrace. Somehow innocently charming scent.

After the powerful opening tea, cardamom are disappears quickly and rose, vanilla, leather take over the role, swirling tenderly with violet and musk.
The base is gentle and calming soft touch of rose, leather, violet, vanilla and musk.Slightly spiced purity.

Stunning fragrance, sophisticated and refined elegant.

id
id

For me it also reminds Kelly Caleche by Hermes because of leather and rose notes. I love both.
rich. a colour of the bottle fits the scent a lot. sweet but not too much. Leather, tea and rose. A bit of cardamom - and all this creates a special fragrance.
Longevity is good - about 7 hours on my skin.

persefonex
persefonex

I bought it cause i love vanilla and tea. I've never feel the tea. The first time that i used, it seems familiar to me. Today recognize notes of Noa by Cacharel in it. I like it. Is delicate, rare, misterious. I think that is a scent remarkable but prescindible; something for a woman very unique. My husband jumps over me, every time that i use it;) maybe is the vanilla with the roses.

To my nose, Vivienne Westwood ANGLOMANIA is something like a cross between Burberry BRIT RED and one of the Sonoma Scent Studio burnt-cedar perfumes. There is also a touch of plasticity in the opening, vaguely reminiscent of Rochas POUPEE, but it's not strong enough to ruin the perfume in this case. All in all, I would say that this composition is just okay: wearable but not really compelling.

ANGLOMANIA occupies the same general olfactory neighborhood as Leonard LEONARA, but the latter is much more appealing to me. As a fan of Dominique Ropion, I acquired 50ml of this creation scent unsniffed, and although I have no regrets, I doubt that I'll buy it again since I'll probably never need to replenish my supply. I do appreciate the bright ruby red ANGLOMANIA bottle, especially its Hermès-like smooth curves and heft.

I couldn't find much in this one. Very strong, somehow acquatic and spicey and "unusual" yes, but usually I like "unusual". This scent to me seemed rather stinky.

mirisaba
mirisaba

Every time I wear this someone asks what perfume I`m wearing.
It was a blind-buy and it didn`t disappoint me. It`s a warm, mysterious fragrance with a dry note. I can`t detect any sweetness there but some sort of smokiness.
A unique perfume, worth to give it a try.

My darling
My darling

But in wither this is exactly the smell of Kelly Caleche!

cloyd42
cloyd42

Alleluia, have a cuppa tea. Right now I haven't decided how much I like this perfume but it's definitely fun. It opens very smoothly with lots of tea and what I initially thought was lemon. As it's developed I'm beginning to think that in addition to the fairly subtle rose some rose hips may have gone in. Whatever it is the acidity definitely elevates the perfume. Vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom have joined the amber for a soft rich brew. (The leather never did show up for me.)
This is a brisk attractive scent for a confident woman. Not a date scent but ideal for work, outdoor events, a walking vacation. Seems to be a perfect match for linen and pearls rather than silk and diamonds. (Think Katherine Hepburn in "Summertime".)
Sillage: relatively tight
Durability: will last most of the day
Fabulosity: is cool-eyed glamor fabulous?
Price to value: very good if it's on sale

archangel
archangel

Very unusual scent, sometimes too strong, but you can't imagine how beautiful it is when you pour it on wet hair!Try to use this perfume this way, those who didn't like it on skin.

TankGirl
TankGirl

(Thank you Tane4ka for this amazing swap!)

I like Anglomania very mutch, I was not expecting something like this from Vivienne Westwood after trying Budoir.
Anglomania is extremelly strong on my skin and surprise surprise! very sweet.
Its smells like an expensive tea house, it reminds me of how a geisha house should smell. Its woody, wet, sweet and powdery. Do you remember the movie memories of a geisha? The delicate kimono made of silk around their pale perfect skin? Well, if they had to putt a perfume on it would Anglomania, its apparently innocent when in reality it is a dirty mind, its sweet but spicy, and after all this, it is extremly clean and soapy. Its a very original perfume, that I'm going to wear on summer nights when I want to feel flirty. Really sexy in a wicked way.
I like it a lot.
The bottle is gorgeaus, reminds me of chinease perfume bottles, the black dragon also gives it an "dangerously sexy" side.

Sillage: Very good
Lasting Power: Lasts all day

arianperfume
arianperfume

Ha ha, this is the exactly copycat of Cantata from Yves Rocher, guest_moi was absolutely right, allthough I find Anglomania more modern, of course.

guest_moi
guest_moi

Powdery, warm, spicy scent with roses but by no means a typical rose scent. There's some leather and darkness in this, but something about the fragrance just didn't do it for me. I found it a bit too young and timid for the idea that it tried to represent. (or what I had hoped for). Luckily I found that idea unexpectedly in Yves Rocher Cantate (discontinued but easily tracked down on Ebay) which is like Anglomania's older, wiser and more interesting sister. If this one didn't quite live up to your expectations then try Cantate and you'll see what I mean. As a side note, this fragrance also reminds me of Kingdom (A. McQueen). It has that powdery, snuggly spiciness.

nyoka
nyoka

ON me this is a lite tea scent.That develops into an intense spicy floral cloud.VEry bold and outgoing.sillage is good.BEautiful for fall.Too much for summer but a lovely fragrant fume.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Anglomania starts out with a sharp green blast of herbs and red red roses. I actually GET the coriander! I always miss that one. There's definitely a lot going on here. I so wanted to find a nice "dirty" rose and this is it. The rose stays strong throughout the middle along with the green herbs, and it has a powdery and slightly leathery dry down. I could actually go with a little more of that powder so I could see layering it with a smooth amber scent, like Molinard Ambre. All in all, this a very interesting take on rose and one I am really enjoying.

Anglomania reminds me of big red roses crushed under a horse-drawn carriage in 1860's London, then trod upon the sexually frustrated wife of a wealthy banker. You know she's going to break out that whip sooner or later...

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

Remember the rabbit in Monty Python's Holy Grail? The cute little fluffy bunny which turned out to be a vicious beast who'd rip your throat out with its pointy teeth?
Anglomania is its complete opposite.
Even the tiniest spritz opens with a harsh blast of scary strong spices and a very sharp alcohol smell; kind of like that one time when your spice rack fell off the wall and landed in your moonshine stash, smashing it all to pieces.
But give it a few minutes, and it reveals its soft, cute and cuddly self. The roses never get more prominent on me than a vague soapy note in the middle; it's all bold, fresh spices wrapped in sweet baby powder vanilla, on a deep, dark leather base. It reminds me a lot of a woodsier, less sweet Agent Provocateur's Strip.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

Spicy, spicy tease--all red patent leather, cinnamon hair oil coating a black bob, clove cigarettes and peppered cola, a'la "Dr. Pepper". But all this cheeky play takes place in a lovely drawing room, complete with heavy red drapes that are so old and fraying, that with each pine-laced breeze from an open window, the dried material gives-off a nostalgic cloud of dusty tweediness, while bowls of cloved orange and dried rose potpurri mix with that woody-sweet scent and perfume the air. A smooth hint of polished mahogany and--oh, is that a mug of "Earl Gray" tea with honey and lemon, steeping by the bedside? Isn't that considerate of a nice, London club girl, to think about hydrating her man before she wears him out!?

Jillzilla

Thanks to Malegria, I am testing this again in the warm weather, and it is a much different experience than it was in winter! I had clearly given up too soon.

I get sparkly, refreshing green top notes. A spicy, powdery note enters in the heart (mostly rose, cardamom, and nutmeg) and I can smell the leather on it's way. The base is somewhat dry on me, like a Japanese incense showcasing rose, cardamom, leather, and vanilla. It's because of this incense effect that I like the fragrance. A chill-out scent that whispers to my inner hippie...but I still wonder if it's a bit too dry for me.

guest_careful
guest_careful

Just be careful on blind buying this as I did. It kinda smells like Cartier Declaration that I truly hated it. So, try before make the big bottle decision to buy. Too overpowering for me. Not a keeper, I will pass this along.

Sissi
Sissi

In a Pink Vinyl Room Red Roses Over the
Leopard Print rug Silver Cromed Sofas
mirror balls from each corner of the room Dalisque Pictures hanging at walls
Incense Burning across the room Hookah
Filled with Marijauna all the party guest getting stoned Plastic flowers
of all colors hanging on walls there
so low you can touch them. Circa 1973
you and your two girlfriends are at this Party and then the Mirrored slided doors open you can't Belive your eyes
is Ziggy Stardust wearing white vinyl Leotard with white feather angel wings
glued at his back Firey red Hair sticking out like electricity Silver and gold paint and bright Red Lips Over
his face you and your Girlfriends
with your Colorful Mini Dresses and Mary Jane Shoes with Pokerstright Hair Parted in the middle One Blonde one Brunette And one Light Brown Faint on the Leopard Floor by the sight of his Presence.

This Perfume is the epimthy of English
Chic. A bit Refined With Rose But Bad Ass with Leather.

Bang a Gong Get it on.

hollycat
hollycat

All I really get is the violet in this. And its very quiet, barely there kind of scent on me. Reminds me of Creed's Love in Black.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Dirty?! Really? Well slap me down with that maxi-pad...for me this is the polar opposite!

Such super, super comedy reviews but I must be in the minority here - I love the opening! Slightly stripping green tea, warm fragrant cardamom, tangy, thick & heady rose, which at this stage is a little tart & sour. I am urging the leather to burst in now & take charge of this funky fragrance...but no. No driving force.....just a learner's leather that takes the very back seat on this 12 hr powder trip to roseville.

As this scent progresses I start to lose interest. The rose grows thicker, sweeter, deeper. Very powdery violets vie for attention. These flowers are intense, pumped-up on plant steroids, & so, so sweet yet somehow they remain soft & feminine. Very odd.

I am left with the feeling that here is a sweet&sour perfume pulled from the artistic imagination of a radical, risqué slightly slutty, creative queen yet appears to have been formulated by a parma-violet-candy-driven-powder-crazy-rose-child.

Strangely addictive...which shocks me.

Dark Curls

this is a lovely scent but is very light, not something to wear out. Perfect to spray on after shower before bed.

Jillzilla

I got this in a sample-swap from a wonderful fragrantica member, and I was really looking forward to testing it! ...And I was so disappointed to discover it didn't agree with my chemistry.

It's a dusty, slightly peppery scent on me. I get no tea, or rose, or leather. I think the nutmeg and cardamom are working together to create a peppery effect, and my skin is turning the vanilla note into a "dust" note. I've had it on less than two hours and it's almost disappeared. I suppose that's a good thing considering how my chemistry is reacting with it.

Dark Curls

this did not disappoint! i will have to wear it all over for a day to get the full effect..but it smells wonderful. My fiance says this does not hold a candle to Boudoir in his opinion though...

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This is a scent that I was fully prepared to hate, as I do hate so many florals of all types, but putting it on this morning I was in for a surprise. The notes were all pleasant, starting out with a powerful green, floral, ambery, slightly spicy note, quickly progressing to a super powdery rose and something on the violet-to-leather continuum. It's sort of like a big 80s perfume that's been modified to actually smell good, or even something from an earlier era. Thanks to the forum member who sent me the sample! I'll wear this one repeatedly, until the vial is empty.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I love leather and its smell so i hoped to like this one like other leather scents but NO..It is to strong and disturbing to me,and i am sorry(to the fans) to say it..But i think it smells like a slut..I dont know why but i just imagen that this one suits very good to a prostitute..

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

Mmmm, what a perfume, a true delight for my senses! It starts with a burst of juicy fruits and roses, if I could compare the opening notes to anything, it would be champagne, that's how sparkly and bubbly it is.
Then, it settles... beautiful, soft, refined: honey, suede, violets.
I consider it to be part of the same category as Kelly Caleche( Hermes) and Daim Blond (Serge Lutens), with the same soft, heneyed suede smell, but less flowery than Kelly and more audacious than it.
Imagine yourself going into this gorgeous italian leather shop and trying on the most beautiful, classy and soft leather jacket, as soft as a glove. It will leave a faint, but delicious smell on your skin. Now, with the smell on, go home and crush rose petals, then add a drop of honey: this is Anglomania for you. Bold, beautiful and such a show-off!

Malegria
Malegria

Red red rose, not a live one, but a velvet scored artificial rose from a theater wardrobe - with leather leaves, reeking of rose oil and the scent of the skin of whoever wore it last.Spiced,exuberant rose...slowly fades to my beloved Tazo Rose petals tea.
Is it truly born in 2005? I would never have guessed. It screams Dark Ages.
Love it.

PS It lasts forever, too. I guess it`s VW`s signature mark - all her frags I tried before have this super staying power!!!!!

tuturab
tuturab

SOS my fellow perfume lovers! I have been seeking high and low to test all of the VW prefume without success here in Australia- the land down under! Would anyone be kind enough to share some of these amazing fragrance with me? I am happy to share my extensive collections for trade-have lots of other fragrance as you can see in my profile.

Please message me! :)

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A very feminine and sensual perfume. The rose in the base notes is not shy at all - it is really sexy and luscious. The drydown is warm and leathery and the lasting power is very good. I'd recommend Anglomania for evening wear in colder weather.

weegee
weegee

Never for the office unless you act in porn. Wear only around someone with whom you're already intimate or would like to be.

The opening is a dare and a warning shot of green tea sharpness with the bite of fresh green coriander (cilantro!) and warm, incensey spice of cardomom. Enter if you hear the music, feel the rhythm and want to dance in the dark. Enter if you dare.

Beyond sexy, the drydown is a boozy, rich, deep, wet slick of sweat, warm leather, pipe tobacco and a wafting vapor of burning incense (amber) wrestling with the oily, resinous scent of the darkest of deep red roses. Dazed, you realize the heart of roses has been there all along, pulsing its hypnotic beat. The violets and nutmeg make the rose-heart deeper although I can't parse them out separately.

This is the way we might wish the bedroom to smell the morning after a particularly lovely evening. Try a single spray at the nape of the neck to be warmed by your hair and another over your heart. Will last from dusk on through breakfast.

Same nose as Miss Boucheron, Ysatis and Safari; Anglomania has the same depth as these other treasures.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

anglomania is amazing. lush red roses, soft leather and lots of sweet powder. it makes me think of a beautiful woman all made up laying on an antique leather chaise lounge with vases full of roses around her. gorgeous and long lasting. also love the packaging. it would be a good first leather for someone who feels a little interested but nervous.

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

Ah! The scent of a fresh maxi-pad! A freshly-powdered crotch! An aromacoepia that can only whisper 'feminine hygeine'. Anglomania is an offering leached of great potential darkness. Like Anne Geddes babies in bondage leather with cat o' nine tails clenched in their chubby fists. Innocence and experience not playing well together at all. Olfactory effects in either direction are canceled out, as any bestial, sexual qualities Anglomania aspires to are flash-sanitized, rolled through the de-lousing chamber, and sprinkled with Love's Baby Soft on the way out.
And it lasts and lasts.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

Gorgeus perfume! Very unique and strong. Unforgetable!

Moyra
Moyra

Anglomania is my second foray into the Vivienne Westwood's perfumes, and it has not really been easier than my first (Boudoir), so much so that when I read the notes and the reviews extolling its sweetness, lovely roses and other marvels and smell my wrists, I wonder if I may not be suffering from olfactory hallucinations.

I really, really have to strain through the sharpish, screeching opening that lingers on and on in order to derive even the slightest rose, violet or vanilla. It could be the cardamom, it could be the cumin, or it could even be the strong green tea, but something blocks my way into the sweet, softer places in this composition.

On the positive side, it is an unusual spring/summer scent, it lasts about 8 hours, has decent but not earth shattering sillage (thankfully?) and the bottle is quite elegant.

So far, Vivienne Westwood perfumes and I do not have a comfortable relationship. I do know they are special and interestingly made, definitely not run-of the-mill scents that everybody smells like or that smell the same on everyone, and I keep trying to make friends with them because they are so special.

But I tell you, its WORK, not an easy relationship at all!

Miertje87
Miertje87

maybe it is my skin chemistry but I really didn't like this at all. I bought this based on the great reviews and thought it would relly be for me..I was quite dissapointed, I couldn't smell roses at all only coriander and cardemom..

ktv0926
ktv0926

I've just recently found out that I have a thing for leather scents. Anglomania has very sensual and deep leather aftertaste, I love it! The opening is a bit strong for me, but the middle notes and drydown are really worth waiting!

solocha
solocha

I'd say it is a perfume for young girls who are not particularly those girly girl types, but not very original either. The scent in the beginning is, for me, a rather generic type of sweet, uncomplicated, not very heavy floral scents with (according to current standards, they can even call it 'oriental'). Vanilla with chocolatey flavour. In the drydown it is getting more interesting - it goes through the soap-y stage to the quite lovely, again uncomplicated, baby powder. It sticks to clothes very well and leaves them with a completely different impression in the long term than the impression it wanted to do in the first sniff. The baby powder note overlaps with leather note, the result is a clean, soft fragrance.

Boggi

I need to add that this has a georgous leathery smell in the drydown. Reminds me a little of Bvulgari black.

Boggi

When I was a kid I had a little bottle of True Love from Elizabeth Arden. I loved the fragrance and treasured every little drop of it. Recently I bought a full bottle of True Love and the disapointment was big. It did not smell like the little bottle I owned many years ago.

But now when I got a tester of Anglomania, I discovered this smells very much like the true True Love! Mysterious, wonderful warm roses! Perfect for a walk outside in cold weater or for a day you (and people around) you can take a really strong perfume.
This makes me feel different! Love it!

rebella
rebella

The opening fragrance is so good that I could drink the perfume right from the bottle, but I don´t. A hot, sexy and warm fragrance with a whole lotta roses. ;) Avoid overdose, because it´s so strong you might get a headache, somedays I don´t manage this strong fragrances. The drydown is wonderful, warm, tender and in a way calming...
Try it!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Anglomania, is definitely what this perfume gives me! I find Anglomania sensual and exciting. On my skin the middle & base notes come out the best. Spicy and yes, a bit powdery because of the violets, but not overtly so. The rose is a sexy rose with the nutmeg and amber giving it a spicy tone. The leather, vanilla and otto give it the sex appeal. The green notes give it the lasting power. I find Anglomania quite exquisite. The lasting power is excellent too. The bottle is gorgeous, as all the Vivienne Westwood bottles. I find myself reaching for this spicy and intense fragrance much more than I thought I would. Love it!

TOP NOTES: Green Tea, Cardamom & Coriander. MIDDLE NOTES: Rose, Otto, Violet & Nutmeg. BASE NOTES: Leather, Vanilla & Amber.

elgab89
elgab89

Bold! Powerfull! Gorgeous! For a woman with confidence. Caution - is not for everybody - however, if you need a power boost this is it.
I loved the bottle, too.
Not a pretty in pink scent, but sexy in red!

2007