Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Boudoir Sin Garden Vivienne Westwood for women

Boudoir Sin Garden Vivienne Westwood for women
dislike

aldehydic
Boudoir Sin Garden Vivienne Westwood for women Pictures Boudoir Sin Garden Vivienne Westwood for women Pictures Boudoir Sin Garden Vivienne Westwood for women Pictures

This garden of sins was introduced in 2007 in a floral – woody – musk composition. It was designed by Marie Salamagne from Firmenich. It opens pleasantly with aldehydes and seductive freesia, all spiced with pink pepper. The heart is dominated by heliotrope, accompanied by violet and iris, while the base introduces sensuous notes of musk, warm and milky sandalwood, oakmoss and amber. The bottle carries the same form as the Boudoir one. The fragrance is available as 30 and 50 ml EDP.

Aldehydes Freesia Pink Pepper

Heliotrope Violet iris

Musk Amber Oakmoss Sandalwood

Boudoir Sin Garden Fragrance Reviews

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

I agree with Ouch's review. This is the extreme opposite end of the spectrum compared to the original Boudoir. Boudoir is the nasty slut doesn't shower but still attracts guys because it smells of honey and sex and smoking cigarettes after sex, but Sin Garden is the good girl. She's a little fairy that can't do ordinary mortal things - like sex. She is sweet, and girly but doesn't live in our world. It's an innocent perfume and in fact it makes a great intro to girls who are starting to wear perfume.

At the first spritz I got a light soapy aldehyde followed by lovely flowers of violets, heliotrope, and iris. There might have been a powdery rose note too. It's sweetly floral, and like little plastic flowers if they had a scent. This garden isn't real. It's like a fake garden set in a children's TV show. The dry down was weird and couldn't make out what it was I was smelling. Smelled rubbery, could have been musk, and amber. I looked up the note it has oak moss which I'm not used to wearing it so maybe that's what I was smelling. It was a bit smoky and burnt and herbal.

This is a pretty flower perfume but not the kind I'm used to. This is pretty light and inoffensive so it's easy to sport to work to school, anywhere really. It's pretty, doesn't make a statement, it's airy, innocent, powdery and nice.

I wear this when I'm around kids. I volunteer to read to children and I'm a mentor to children with learning disabilities and special education children. This fragrance always pleases their nose. They say I smell like little pink flowers. It's cute.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This is a gorgeous fragrance. It's really much better than the original Boudoir which, as beloved as it is, doesn't really impress me. This is a powdery heliotrope and iris scent, beautiful purple florals, a tad reminiscent of L'Heure and Galliano. The aldehydes are soft and fresh, sparkling, and there's also some sandalwood. It has oak moss as well which is rare to find nowadays as a note. This smells old fashioned and like a classic chypre. It smells Oriental, floral, but not heavy, and it's elegant, formal, classy. It's mature but not old lady-ish. I think it matches up with evening clothes and it's a perfume that is meant to be taken seriously. The longevity is decent. I really liked this perfume.

Sarcastica
Sarcastica

I agree with what a lot of reviewers have already said. There is nothing "sinful" about Sin Garden. The perfume is too clean and innocent for that name.

If I didn't know it was a flanker to Boudoir, I would never have made the connection between the two. It is only in the base notes that the relationship can be detected, but the similarity is more like cousins than sisters.

Overall, it is a very pretty fragrance, a gentle and unobtrusive floral with just a hint of playful bite. It reminds me a little of Christian Dior's Remember Me in character, although RM is slightly heavier.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Nice , but i prefer the "dirty" Boudior of the original !!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Hmm I'm not very impressed with this one unfortunately. While the opening had potential, the dry down is meh.

It opens with a soapy pink pepper smell, very pleasant...very soft..very feminine but also very familiar..I'm reminded of Lacoste Pour Femme (the yellow one).

Once it dries though, the abundance of soft powdery notes in this take over...iris..heliotrope, violet, musk. They all come together to form a slightly characterless perfume. :(
It just smells "pretty" but nothing special. Lots of soft powdery sweetness...and that's it.

While the original boudoir was full of character and was much more daring, this one falls by the wayside. There is nothing "Sin" in here at all. It should be called "Fairy Garden"

Lastly..the lasting power and sillage of this leaves a lot to be desired. I can barely smell it after half an hour. :*

thatsperf
thatsperf

Almost a dead ringer for Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere to my nose. I use this as a cheaper alternative to Eau Premiere. A very gentle aldehydic fragrance, soft,alluring and non-offensive.It smells of clean sheets. (Original Boudoir however, that's another story...).

Moonds
Moonds

This is similar to Boudoir, in that it is dense and deep, which seems a strange description for a light floral! But that's where the similarity ends.

However, it does settle and the pepper comes through and cuts into the floral, making it more sophisticated. At times this is a bit chemically and can lose the freshness. Like with Boudoir, don't over spray, perhaps layer, as too much can smell cheap, when it's really quite a lovely, summer scent.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Boudoir Sin Garden was developed by perfumer Marie Salamagne. I've read that it was inspired by English country house gardens. The notes are listed as freesia, pink pepper, aldehydes, violet, heliotrope, Florentine sword lily, amber, sandalwood, oakmoss and musk. The ad says it's supposed to be warm, aristocratic and magnetic.
On my skin the violet, lily and lightly musky oakmoss are the predominant notes. It really does make me think of an airy cottage garden. It really is a very feminine and airy fragrance. It's very light and nonoffensive (nothing like the the original Boudoir). The original Boudoir was magnetic & aristocratic. Boudoir Sin Garden isn't what I'd call warm, aristocratic or magnetic. I'd call it cool, white and innocent. It isn't very long lasting on me at all. Perhaps 2 hours, tops. It doesn't have any sillage at all on me. I have to plaster my nose to the crook of my arm to smell it. How can a scent be magnetic when others cannot smell it at all? Perhaps if you wore it in the Spring or Summer when your skin was warmer it would rise a bit better. Overall, Boudoir Sin Garden is not a bad scent, but it's one that's not for me. I was hoping for a more heady floral that lasted longer. I'm sure many ladies might like it tho. It's definitely worth a try. Perhaps I will revisit it this summer.
continued >>

Lorenna
Lorenna

I also get headaches sometimes...And I can't figure why, because I like this perfume very much.Maybe it's the aldehydes.

Summer0cean
Summer0cean

Boudoir Sin Garden is really fresh floral scent, and it gives me images of soaps. I want to wear this perfume in spring or early summer. I think it is suitable for teens or young women especially. I wish I could wear this scent again, but somehow I get heavy headache when I wear it... maybe I am not young anymore lol

A very "thin" Sin Garden. Again the name of a VW scent is not living up to its' promise. It's a light and fresh-green scent that doesn't last long.

Migotka
Migotka

Quite different from the original Boudoir, but I must admit, I quite like it, or even- I like it very much!

One thing that bothers me a bit is that indeed, sin has not seen the inside of this garden, just like Naughty Alice in Westwood's other fragrance is not very naughty.

But... but I can forgive Sin Garden's its lack of sin in this case. Because it is so wonderfully delicate and soft, it's almost mily, creamy, with the delicate freesia and iris combination. Slightly powdery, the garden seems almost like a secret one, with a door to it hidden among lush bushes and poison ivy. But once you're there, the delicate aroma of the flowers surrounds you.

Sin Garden is, paradoxically, quite an innocent and pure fragrance. Maybe changing its name would give it better justice?

Mimmi
Mimmi

Not an elaborate or elegant garden that might astonish, but a sensuous natural one that will seduce. This is where Lady Chatterly takes her shoes off to let her feet free. There seems to be no authority to obey in Sin garden, just freedom to enjoy. And I do - iris, freesia and violet in soft shades with added pink pepper for a playful bite. The flowers give way to sweet sandal and moist moss. Downside is the earlier mentioned lastingpower, needs reapplying after 4-5 hours.

Kranik
Kranik

There is nothing vicious in this Sin Garden as I expected...

lilith
lilith

You have just arrived at the country house. A classic English Tudor with beutifually designed fragrant gardens.
The journey was long and after refreshments you walk out into the garden with your beloved. The day is perfectly warm and there is a wooden bench where you both sit to admire the view of the gardens. In the air is the sweet scent of freesia, violet,heliotrope and iris. This bouquet mingles with the muskiness of his skin and the sandalwood of his cologne.It stirs in you a feeling of anticipated pleasure as you look into each others eyes......This is Vivienne Westwoods Sin Garden

Grrlscout
Grrlscout

It does smell like an English country garden in summer. English gardens tend to be designed to seem natural, an effusion of nature. This perfume manages to mimic that effect. The garden in question is maybe a bit messy and overgrown, but lush and beautiful and gorgeously fresh and natural, though manicured and well-designed.

It's a year rounder for me, though it does require a lighter hand in warmer weather.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

I got this for Christmas, it was cold and windy, this is definitely a winter/cold weather perfume, it smells too overpowering and unbalanced in summer with all that heat. The perfume dries down to a rich warm powdery smell it lasts long on me, stays to my clothes/ coat. I think this scent is too mature for younger women.

tuturab
tuturab

SOS my fellow perfume lovers! I have been seeking high and low to test all of the VW prefume without success here in Australia- the land down under! Would anyone be kind enough to share some of these amazing fragrance with me? I am happy to share my extensive collections for trade-have lots of other fragrance as you can see in my profile.

Please message me! :)

As Joy
As Joy

I regret not buying this fragrance when I first smelled it in England in 2007. It was summer time, and for me this perfume is very English. Just like it was meant to, it reminds me of a cottage garden.

Women in different countries smell really different, and this is what I think English ladies often smell like. At least there is a resemblance.

However, this perfume is in no way unoriginal or dull. It is inventive and interesting, but not overpowering. Very much unlike the big floral sellers that almost everyone like because they are so safe to wear. Unique.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

Very fresh and airy - definitely not what I would have expected from Vivienne Westwood. To me, this is a perfect spring/summer scent; light and floral, with a sophisticated, sweet (but not too sweet) powdery drydown.
I bought it untested simply because I love many of the notes, such as violet, pink pepper and heliotrope, and I have to say I was positively surprised.

mellybee
mellybee

Boudoir Sin Garden is definitely green at the beginning, you can picture yourself in a garden as the name suggests. But it turns surprisingly into very sweet on my skin. Like the flowers on a hot summer afternoon, they give off an extraordinarily strong scent before the sun goes down and they slowly closing up their cups. The drydown is similar to Donna Karan Casmere Mist's drydown, I think the milky sandalwood note could cause it.

Althea
Althea

I remember trying it a while ago, without hearing about it, just sprayed it on my wrist, smelled and sprayed on another wrist. I love it, I love freesia, I love the gentle character of this fragrance, something that I would never expect from Vivienne. Unfortunately Sin Garden disappeared from my skin after an hour.. So I didnt buy it. It is a shame.

Marianne
Marianne

I was surprised by the warm, powdery scent. Not too special, but definitely a good choice as a present if you don't know a woman's taste.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Boudoir Sin Garden was developed by perfumer Marie Salamagne. I've read that it was inspired by English country house gardens. The notes are listed as freesia, pink pepper, aldehydes, violet, heliotrope, Florentine sword lily, amber, sandalwood, oakmoss and musk. The advertising says it's supposed to be warm, aristocratic and magnetic.

It isn't very long lasting on me at all. Perhaps 2 hours, tops. It doesn't have any sillage at all on me. I have to plaster my nose to the crook of my arm to smell it. How can a scent be magnetic when others cannot smell it at all? Perhaps if you wore it in the Spring or Summer when your skin was warmer it would rise a bit better. I'm wearing it on a frigid February day, so that could explain it.

Overall, Boudoir Sin Garden is not a bad scent, but it's not one that's not for me. I was hoping for a more heady floral that lasted longer. I'm sure many ladies might like it tho. It's definitely worth a try.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Vivienne Westwood Boudoir Sin Garden fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Vivienne Westwood Boudoir Sin Garden, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boudoir Sin Garden by Vivienne Westwood. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boudoir Sin Garden by Vivienne Westwood represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.