Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men

Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men
dislike

Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures Paper Passion Wallpaper* STEIDL for women and men Pictures

A very interesting and successful collaboration connecting Wallpaper, Steidl, perfumer Geza Schoen and famous fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has been established. It has resulted in a new fragrance ideal for fans of books! The new and unique perfume Paper Passion was created with an intention to reinterpret the characteristic scent of freshly printed books while accentuating passion for paper and combining several arts – literature, design and perfumery.

Cooperation between the prominent designer, avant-garde perfumer, publisher and manufacturer brought about a complex fragrant and artistic performance. The perfume was inspired by a line of leaflets by German publisher Gerhard Steidel and the movie 'How to Make a Book with Steidel' where he mentions his favorite scent – the scent of freshly printed books. Gerhard Steidel has been in book printing and publishing for 40 years.

The possibility of celebrating and glorifying the book as a work of art but also its characteristic chic scent that should relax and reach in each of us a certain amount of concentration and meditation, just like when we read books, was achieved.

The idea of the scent of freshly printed book was olfactively embodied by perfumer Geza Schoen and this characteristic perfume-book will be exhibited at Wallpaper Handmade Exhibition in Milan.

He eventually succeeds with the help of four or five ingredients including ethyl linoleate and woody components to accentuate dry wood chord in the composition. Geza Schoen manages in this particular fragrance to place his vision of simplicity!

Collaboration on creation of 'scent of fresh book' as spiced successfully by designer Karl Lagerfeld who created the outer carton and named PAPER PASSION. Lagerfeld has also got the idea for the outer packaging that will be book-shaped and will be opened like a book.

Bed is cut in the bright red perfume pages of the book - an empty space in which a glass bottle is placed. Inside the book there are short essays on the subject of books written by Karl Lagerfeld, Schoen, German author and artist Günter Grass, and Wallpaper's editor-in-chief Tony Chambers. Paper Passion was launched in 2012.

Woody Notes

Molecule 02
Not A Perfume
Paper Passion
Another 13

Paper Passion Fragrance Reviews

kitpower
kitpower

I bought this perfume believing it would have the lignin/vanillin scent that old books smell of. Old but majestic. I was VERY excited to smell like books :) I got the perfume in the mail and was delighted by the packaging... it came cut into the heart of a book, with poems about scent, books, etc. When I tried the perfume itself, though, I was initially disappointed that it did not smell like what I was expecting at ALL. Folks, if you're wanting the scent of a 100-year old yellowed book, don't come here. To me, it smells more like a fashion magazine, with the perfume insets inside. Maybe a little less caustic and inky. That being said, I do *like* the scent. It's light, but not too light - not like mineral water, like some users said. Not to me, at least. I'm not sure how else to describe the scent other than it smells like a glossy magazine in a bottle. I do wear the scent often, so I'm not just completely turned off by it. It just doesn't smell like old books, like I was originally hoping :)

Cormach
Cormach

I absolutely love this fragrance and right now if I could only choose one from my collection, this would be it. I don't know why but I feel different/special when I'm wearing Paper Passion

rashi
rashi

Reminds me of leafing through dusty books, and I love it. To be honest, no book smells that good.

cumberry
cumberry

I've tried it twice, couldn't smell anything at all. Looks like the rest is saying similar things, maybe this is a scam.

Edit:
On my scent-tour today I came across Paper Passion again. I picked it up, thinking it wouldn't be such a bad idea to retry it. After all, what harm could mineral water do to to anybody? At worst, I would smell like water... Never would I imagine what followed next... The cute little glass flacon happened to be broken on its bottom. For some reason it was still left on the shelf, standing upside down. Unaware of that fact, I ended up washing my hands in "Paper Pashsion"!!!
...
And the smell?
Well, not really mineral water, but mineral water PLASTIC bottle...
On second thought, this could also be the odour of a musty-dusty library... Lol :-)

advabart

Beautifully packed. A real masterpiece indeed...
But, unfortunately, smells like pure mineral water :-(
Personally, I find Geza Schoen's creations kind of Emperor's new clothes...

Giabbotomato
Giabbotomato

It does smell like ink on matt paper, but it's really really subtle and light that I hardly smell it. Not having the atomizer, doesn't help to appreciate it all. I love it at first, but, now that I tried it on skin, I would reccomend... I would give it as a present to someone who doesn't wear perfumes. It's a really nice supersuper light woody scent.

duncanchelseal
duncanchelseal

It has a nice, subtle smell but unfortunately for me is not too remiscent of paperbacks.

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

Hello Tetatu:

The parfum comes in a 50ml flacon.

tetatu
tetatu

Could you be so kind and let me know, what's the bottle size? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere!

walkdogg
walkdogg

Paper Passion is a wonderfully subtle treat. The box it comes in is HEAVY grey cardboard. Inside the grey box you find a book wrapped in luxurious red fibrous paper, not crunchy or stiff, but soft and pleasing to the touch. The red paper encases the Book which serves as the primary container for the fragrance. The book itself is 6.5" x 4.5" x 1.5" with red edged pages.

The first pages of the book tell a story of the fragrance and books and paper. Buried within the pages of the book in a perfectly sculpted cutout is the simple shaped bottle of Paper Passion. With a black cap and white label the concept is not lost on presentation!

The scent of Paper Passion is an oddly subtle yet distinct scent. Reminiscent of scents like Molecule 02, Le Labo's Another 13, Molecule 01 and even "not a perfume" by Juliette has a gun. The smell is not colorful, not bright, not full bodied, not loud in any way. It's linear, flat, matte, quiet and airy. With eyes closed you can imagine the concept coming to life in your minds eye.

A wonderful concept and creation. Geza has done it again!

Paper Passion by Wallpaper* STEIDL 4.15 out of 5 based on 38 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Wallpaper* STEIDL Paper Passion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Wallpaper* STEIDL Paper Passion, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paper Passion by Wallpaper* STEIDL. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paper Passion by Wallpaper* STEIDL represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.