Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Black Tie Washington Tremlett for men

Black Tie Washington Tremlett for men
dislike

Black Tie by Washington Tremlett is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Top notes are galbanum, sage, saffron and walnut; middle notes are tuberose, rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, musk and vanilla.

Galbanum Sage Saffron Walnut

Tuberose Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Vanilla

Black Tie Fragrance Reviews

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

I love this, a unique scent (and does not, imo, resemble Dark Rose) but it seems to completely disappear on me after it dries. ?

mse-21
mse-21

Luckyscent website describes this to be 'a wonderfully modern creation if not avant-garde' and finishes singing praise for it by calling it 'stunning'!

I tried it several times and it develops to a boring dated scent on my skin which is everything but pleasant, avant-garde(!) and stunning! I can detect traces of rose and saffron; I like these notes but of course not in the way they are used here.

It is subtle with little projection and has moderate longevity. Definitely unisex if not feminine.

It gets 2 out of 10 IMHO.

If you find Czech and Speak No.88 or Dark Rose to be too much assertive you should probably give a chance to Black Tie. Rose, galbanum and geranium laying on a solid woody base. Vanilla, tuberose and hints of spices add to this aromatic fragrance, nice refinements. Well crafted and elegant but not incredibly compelling. Slightly decadent.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Riccardo
Riccardo

Now that I joined Fragrantica I re-post my review of Black Tie by Washington Tremlett.

This is for me a more gentle and sweeter version of C&S Dark Rose, with a good saffron and a good nutmeg, but I don't like vanilla in perfumes, and persistence is not good for an EDT. Not a bad fragrance, but not good enough.

guest_Riccardo
guest_Riccardo

This is for me a more gentle and sweeter version of C&S Dark Rose, with a good saffron and a good nutmeg, but I don't like vanilla in perfumes, and persistence is not good for an EDT. Not a bad fragrance, bud not good enough.

Ulysses
Ulysses

Tried but nothing special;a synthetic rose
a little boring.
Not worthing the high price.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Washington Tremlett Black Tie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Washington Tremlett Black Tie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Tie by Washington Tremlett. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Tie by Washington Tremlett represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Frapin 1270 Korres Saffron Amber Agarwood Cardamom Frapin Caravelle Epicee Parfums de Marly Lippizan Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur Miller Harris La Fumee Classic Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Parfum d`Empire Ambre Russe Czech & Speake Dark Rose Tauer Perfumes 03 Lonestar Memories Etat Libre d`Orange Rien Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114 Parfum d`Empire Yuzu Fou Serge Lutens Rose de Nuit Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux James Heeley Sel Marin L`Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Frapin Esprit de Fleurs