Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Courtesan Worth for women

Courtesan Worth for women
dislike

cinnamon
Courtesan Worth for women Pictures Courtesan Worth for women Pictures Courtesan Worth for women Pictures

Courtesan by Worth is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Courtesan was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are cinnamon, cardamom, clove, pineapple, red berries and bergamot; middle notes are orange blossom, magnolia, jasmine and rose; base notes are sandalwood, peach, raspberry, caramel, dark chocolate, cacao, amber, vanilla and musk.

Cinnamon Cardamom Clove Pineapple Red Berries Bergamot

Orange Blossom Magnolia Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Peach Raspberry Caramel Dark Chocolate Cacao Amber Vanilla Musk

O Feerique Sensuelle
Femme de Montblanc

Courtesan Fragrance Reviews

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

So hard to define, and I love that, in a perfume.
Courtesan has a little bit of everything, it is such an impossible mishmash of notes that what it does on skin is simply astounding.
It's a gourmand with an ultra sophisticated, too sexy for your clothes yet disarmingly cuddly edge.
Not exactly sweet, it is a decadently savory fragrance, a salty caramel on skin brushed by a silky mane of hair in a ghost veil of powder so light you're never quite sure you actually smelled it but you can't stop thinking about it, kind of scent.

But I would not, could not wear it at a dressy event: it's too personal a perfume, to my nose. I love it in jeans and a cozy sweater, or when I steal my DH's shirt, to me, Courtesan has a much more profound impact when paired with messy hair and no makeup, it suggests the intimacy of real people with an added mysterious aura that's impossible to define.
Intriguing.

mpbrown
mpbrown

I usually gravitate to deeper, darker, heavier fragrances so it was a huge surprise to discover how much I love this light, pink cloud of a thing. The visual image that came to me continually as I wore this fragrance were scenes from Sophia Coppela's Marie Antoinette - women in powdered wigs piled high, berry-stained cheeks and lips, voluminous silk pastel gowns, soft feathered fans, heaving scented bosoms, languid, dreamy baroque watercolor landscapes..... soft, frothy, lush, opulent, deliciously mouth-watering, powdery and spicy with just a touch of skank. A very sensuous, discreet and personal fragrance with incredible longevity. I love this thing, it's the perfect fragrance to wear before going to bed, also perfect for scenting hair and lingerie.

Gabriellitjie
Gabriellitjie

Warm, spicy, with top notes including cinnamon and cloves? Yes, I thought, this would be perfect for me. It was not to be - sweet, oh yes, very. Spicy - where? Musky, yep. Oddly enough, it reminds me somehow in some strange way of Je reviens which always manages to give me a headache.

Edit:
The dry-down makes it a much gentler scent - smooth and powdery. Still sweet, but in a much softer way. (And, oops, no correlation to Je Reviens anymore!) It's turned out quite nice, but has rather little personality.
Is there a perfume with lots of cinnamon, cloves, some patchouli and incense? If so, I want it!

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Courtesan is an "adult gourmand".It's not super-sweet like some other scents in this group, and is extremely complex. To me it is powdery, woodsy, with a hint of spicy sweetness and fruits, just a hint of chocolate.
The drydown is slightly animalic. I really enjoyed this scent as it is a gourmand but clearly different from other ones that I enjoy.
The longevity and sillage are on the high end of moderate.
Cora Pearl was actually considered a bit "vulgar" by her contemporaries,although she was very beautiful, so I wonder if she would have worn Courtesan or if she would have preferred something more cloying.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

I am as fascinated by this perfume as I am about the lady that it was inspired by, Cora Pearl. It is so beautifully translucent and sheer, skin soft. Many lovely faucets are incorporated in this fragrance...powdery, spicy, decadent, seductive. I can see her wearing this, on one of her escapades, seducing the courtiers with her bedroom eyes.

Yes, Courtesan is a boudoir scent, sexy and sultry, just as she was all those many years ago dancing naked in her saloon on a floor covered with orchids and soaking in her sterling silver bathtub filled with champagne.
So go ahead, pamper yourself with this gorgeous bedroom scent ;)

antfarm
antfarm

Worth Courtesan is a beautiful, refined fragrance with many layers of development. It smelled nostalgic/familar to me, and then I realized that the overall effect is that of a craft store near Halloween time: spicy and soapy, with slightly sweet and tart berries. When I sniff I visualize exciting aisles full of fall time cornucopias displayed along with shimmering apples and sugar skeletons.

In the first stages I get a lot of real berry juice and elegant hand soap. Mid-wear I detect cinnamon mixing very softly and subtly with the refined bath soap with only a whisper of berries now. During the final stage, the soapy and fruity elements are gone and I can smell something very earthy resembling soil or patchouli. Lasting power is good; about 5 hours with many stages.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This courtesan is rather shy, smelling of flowers, vanilla and sandalwood, rather than musk or any other more seductive notes. Think fluttering eyelids peeping out from behind a fan, or a flash of a well-turned ankle. It's powdery and old-fashioned. Not a little girl scent at all. I bought it in a sample pack of supposedly "animalic" perfumes, but this one has no animal magnetism for me. It has soft sillage and lasts 3-4 hours on my skin. This courtesan is not warm and welcoming, she is cool and aloof and just gets on with the job.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i was tempted by courtesan's notes in the pyramid.
it has a lot of notes in common with one of my obsessively in love-perfumes by faberlic.
and yes, indeed, by the first blast, it smells e-x-a-c-t-l-y like it: faberlic o feerique sensuelle but less sweet, heavy and sultry, the chocolate aroma is not that present in this one and also less the savory sweetness of syrupy plum in o feerique...
both fumes are created by the same nose Pierre Bourdon, a very fameous perfume-creator, who did many all time classics for several haute couture and high street houses.
courtesan is a powdery vanilla gourmand, slightly spiced with cinnamon, not really outstanding, but easy to wear and just lovely. the sillage is decent, stayingpower good, but lingers very near the skin. on clothes it lasts far better than on skin.
i would call it a really lovely daytime scent, almost a blushy pinkish skinscent or makeup-pouch-scent, very wearable for any occasion, very safe and flattering. it isn t naughty or sexy as someone could imagine by it's name 'courtesan'.
it's very feminine and elegant, leaving a nice powdery jasmin, musk and vanillic warmth on the skin. i pick some hints of creamy rasperry and just a tad cinnamon as well. i like it, but i prefere faberlic o feerique sensuelle, which i do utterly love since i met the first time, also because of it's exeptional strength, personality and complexity.
courtesan is rather a uncomplicated dusty scent, which wears like a pink cashmere pullover. means: it's a very good alternative for those, who like the aroma of o feerique sensuelle but find it too heavy and sweet.

nb. montblanc femme obviousely has the same notes as well, similar aroma, yes, but it's juicier and lighter - suitable for hotter days - because it hasn't that powdery makeup-feel at all, and this fact changes the complete character of a scent in my opinion.

all in all courtesan is a very nice and timeless perfume, but as i do love my o feerique, i don t really need this one very similar to it. if someone wanna have my bottle, plz ask for, i would possibly swap it for something on my wishlist.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Courtesan its a great surprise, very gourmand, spicy, warm but in a mature way.
Like so many said here, this is a perfume for a woman, not girl. The scent itself is very interesting, for some reason I get a note that reminds me of carnation, mixed with the sandalwood and the cinnamon. Its a very dusty perfume, that perfectly portrays a courtesan dressed in velvet, it somewhat reminds me of the drydown of Femme Rochas.
This is a serious perfume I believe, but not serious enough to be considerated old. I think Courtesan is at that perfect line where so much more perfumes should be nowadays, its not to modern, to classic, to mainstreem or to "different", it doenst smell old like your Femme Rochas (really hard to wear I believe), and it doesnt smell to vulgar like your typical mainstreem sexy-chic perfume (you name it, there are a 100 of them). Well you know what I mean, this scent its very good, with the right amout of sweet and spicy.
Great job!

8.5/10

Ealing64
Ealing64

Creamy, velvety scent. Cozy, comforting, close to your skin. Wear it with a cashmire pullover on a crisp winter day or for that important tete-a-tete...
It leaves a dirty, almost skunky note... extremely seductive, definitely not a teenager fragrance, you need a woman to pull it off...

eljayebee
eljayebee

Going by the notes and the name, I was expecting something skanky and seductive. Instead, on me, it's just mild and pleasant, with little lasting power. Big disappointment.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

So sad I didn't get a single whiff of chocolate in this. It's fruity, musky, and sharp. Not my style. For my chemistry at least. I was expecting so much more warmth. It just left behind a cold trail. My husband said, "It smells like Zest soap."

Not sure if I agree with that... LOL

annabolina
annabolina

For me it starts out with some great bunch of fruits. - not surprisingly reading the notes. Not too sweet. Not too heavy. Not too interesting. On me it is like a nice fruity body butter. That is all.

adele l
adele l

This is not what i expected with all those gourmand notes- very soft and pretty on my skin, really not spicy. It's slightly sweet and not very strong- nice but not really striking or offensive in any way.

Cereza
Cereza

At first I really enjoyed it, because if you the notes you expect yet another sweet vanilla scent, but Courtesan does not open like that. Courtesan starts sour, cold and bitter. Cardamom and cinnamon all over the place. Somehow masculine and very, very addictive. I truly enjoyed the first 20 minutes of this fragrance, deeply inhaling it from my wrist, but then...what happened? Something from the notes hit in and I started to feel something metallic, almost blood like, which I did not enjoy at all. Too bad that it lasts for an hour. The drydown is still little bit metallic, but it's not so bad. I don't feel any vanilla and sweetness at all.

Eh. Pitty, it could be such a lovely fume, bet the hour with "blood" on my wrist - no, no.

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

I have a bottle of this not very well known Worth fragrance, but I have to say it's a very weak vanilla scent. Shy and sublime. A pleasant, not too sweet vanilla skin-scent I would say. I love sumptuous and strong fragrances with great staying power. I will not buy Courtesan again. I can't say WOW when I smell it. The dry down is a soft vanilla/musk/amber-concoction. Really nothing special or remarkable.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Oooo this courtesan has a cold, cold heart - it's true!

In some ways, Courtesan is Roma's odd little sister - they share a note that reminds me of cold, dry, grey slate & baked earth.

Where they differ is in their warmth & level of spice. Roma embraces you with a truly cosy & comely beauty, full of voluptuous curves & womanly charms. Courtesan knows her magnetic attraction & holds it like a steely gun to your head, keeping you at arm’s length with her chilly reserve & firey nature.

I adore spices & here they are all on show, not heavily & daringly as in Jungle, but in a refined way. I also find a distinct white pepper note that remains in the foreground throughout. Looking at the notes you may wonder where all the fruits, caramel & chocolate are: on my skin Courtesan isn’t candied, “frooty” or juicy in any way. It showcases the natural sweetness of cinnamon with its calm, dusty & dryness, echoed again in the cacao, & offers the wearer a grown up bitter-sweet berry tartness.

The base is very sensual…she knows how to please……soft musk, creamy woodsy sandalwood & a gentle amber. Yet, throughout the life of Courtesan a cold, grey blood pulses through her veins: the whole fragrance is built upon these great, grey foundations!

The longevity is good & the trail is obvious but modest, it is one if the most mysterious fragrances I own. This perfume is very unusual & well worth a try if you like distinct, dry fragrances with a cold, white heat. If you have ever read Memoirs of a Geisha I am reminded of Sayuri, the beautiful, tough Geisha with cold, blue eyes.

Such beauty held in such a cold embrace.

Ldymrmlde
Ldymrmlde

This scent is amazing IMO. It might be slightly cloying but I don't care. lol...it's not an everyday scent for me. I wear it at special events.

rebella
rebella

Courtesan is for me a perfume filled with expectancy... It is a stunnig, redheaded woman preparing herself for the amazing party she´s going to later that evening. She´s smiling to herself in the mirror while brushing her hair, she toroughly put on make-up and having troubble chosing the most striking outfit... She feels like her stomach is filled with butterflies, she look at the watch, drinking a glass of wine... Taking a last look in the mirror and then she´s off to the longed for party.

Really pretty, amazingly soft considering the notes, some gourmand feeling without being gourmand. I dont know why, but for me Courtesan is a before the party-perfume... It always manage to make me feel like I am looking forward to some funny and adventorous happening! But in my opinion a little to nice for the actual party.

Really great tough, don´t miss it!

veruska
veruska

I like Courtesan although it has a bit of a grey dull shade in her core, and i do'nt find her very seductive as the name implies.Still it's warm like a cashmere blanket and that's enough. It sarts with red berries and cloves, and little by little the floral heart of jasmine comes in the picture.In the drydown it becames woodier, but with a strange juicy feeling that is very pleasurable. I don't detect the myriad foody notes of the note's pyramid, and i kind of like it cause i wouldn't like a lot of chocolate and caramel there.

One of my all time favorites. It has foody notes, but it isn't gourmand. Rather, it suggests a beautifully made-up face, with rice powder and cream, scented lipstick and a faint perfume rising from a warm decolletage. There's definitely the suggestion of food in the vanilla/chocolate, but it is more of a perfume that ends with a scented musk. Simply delicious.

Courtesan by Worth 4.05 out of 5 based on 86 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Worth Courtesan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Worth Courtesan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Courtesan by Worth. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Courtesan by Worth represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.