Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Dans la Nuit Worth for women

Dans la Nuit Worth for women
dislike

Dans la Nuit Worth for women Pictures Dans la Nuit Worth for women Pictures

Dans la Nuit by Worth is a Floral fragrance for women. Dans la Nuit was launched in 1985. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Blanchet. Top notes are aldehydes, green notes, violet, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, cinnamon, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, vanilla and vetiver.

Aldehydes Green Notes Violet Bergamot Lemon

Carnation Cinnamon Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Civet Vanilla Vetiver

L`Air du Temps Cristal d`Or
Niki de Saint Phalle

Dans la Nuit Fragrance Reviews

Kiku
Kiku

No one could hate the expression, "old lady" more than I but Dans la Nuit is a perfume for the older woman. The notes are lovely: predominantly lily of the valley with supporting notes of violet and big smooth roses. Such notes should have made this faintingly feminine. But Dans la Nuit was formulated with such a heavy hand it overwhelms. It takes maturity and self-possession to wear a fragrance that will make you noticed and remembered. If you are young, this is one for the future, when you reach that point where you think there is nothing new to experience. A pleasant reminder that there is always something new to discover in the world of perfume!

Bedhead
Bedhead

I just purchased a bottle of the 2000 version -- a blind buy because I love my vintage Worth Je Reviens. I get the Maurice Blanchet nose, but only slightly. Maybe if I didn't know this was his fragrance, I wouldn't notice because I wouldn't be expecting it. It's that subtle.

Since I don't have the 1920s or the 1980s version to compare this to, I can only comment on what's in my bottle. It's pleasant and complex, but it doesn't possess the uniqueness or the staying power of Je Reviens. Upon first spray, I had the sense that the sillage would be heavy, as would the longevity, but neither is true for me. Funny thing is that I can still smell it on the coat I wore this morning, but on my skin... it's gone. The drydown is much more floral than I expected, and much lighter as well. The spice note is just right, and while I haven't owned Niki de St. Phalle in a very long time, there is something in Dans la Nuit that reminds me of that elusive scent. It could be a single note, but there's something there!

My experience is similar to missveronica9 --I also don't get the woody or Oriental aspects of this fragrance, nor do I get the heavy aldehydes of Je Reviens. If the vintage version is a lot better, it must be just spectacular, because I'm very pleased with my bottle of Dans la Nuit. It's uncommonly beautiful and hard to analyze as a result, like trying to explain why a calla lily is beautiful. It just is. And the lily doesn't last, either.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I bought this scent because it has a beautiful, exclusive bottle:)
The same scent reminds to me racily vintage the floral , Paris-scent.
For me this not smell like Samsara but like Nina Ricci scents before 1970.

evesoho
evesoho

Dans la Nuit was launched in 1924. Worth clearly made an effort to evoke the nighttime with their marketing/packaging; I looked at the ads online. I think they were right, and that this perfume is for deepest night.

I have a mini of the parfum apparently from the 70s. The dark blue glass is in the minimalist, art deco design of a cuboid with 2 rounded sides and white rectangular cap, not the Lalique sphere. In a way, I like this design better; it's welcome in a collection that doesn't already include a dark blue bottle or minimalist-art-deco. I couldn't give it up no matter the scent. . . But, ahhhhhhh the scent. . .

In my mid-twenties I was a marketing executive for our city's symphony. Our orchestra was very good, the hall renowned for its acoustics... and the concerts were populated by the elderly. I never wore scent to these concerts, because there was already a heavy amount of perfume in the theatre. If I'd had Dans la Nuit back then, though, I'd have been one of the fragrant ones.

My trick to this perfume is applying between 2 and 3 hours before leaving home or attending a late-night event. This *is* a midnight perfume, and I love tarasapphire's image of dancing in a garden. Dans la Nuit, just like you, needs a lot of time to get ready for a big night out. Apply just 2 dabs after dinner, because eating during the opening experience of this perfume would make everyone at the table uncomfortable including yourself. I repeat - Dans la Nuit is not a dinner date perfume.... is *any* perfume, really? (I guess I'm not overly fond of the dinner date - I like walks on the beach, baseball games, concerts and art galleries, lol!)

The art of wearing perfume can be subtle... the seducer... or any person who *uses* scent for certain aims... might make a note of the exact number of minutes it takes for a perfume to drydown on his or her skin... As Bob Dylan once said, "know your song well before you start singing," I would say know your perfume before you start wearing. ;)

The first thing to know about this perfume is that it's a floral. Perhaps the Eau de Toilette is woodier than the parfum? The latter has a wood accord but to a lesser degree than the floral ones. It isn't oriental, but like missveronica9 says - it's rich. Almost like how Nahema, by Guerlain, is rich, although Nahema is oriental (and more beautiful than Dans la Nuit, yet they are equally evocative).

The funny thing about Dans la Nuit is that when I think of it to myself, I'm always calling it "*Danse* la Nuit" - Dance the Night!

Who would I be in the 1920s wearing this? Would I be a mild-mannered, white bread wife-and-mother-type, living in an area of the city that had just put up these new-fangled electric streetlights, for whom this bottle served as a reminder that a completely alternative, new and mysterious lifestyle existed out there "in the night"... and scared me if I thought about it too much? Would I be a prostitute, wearing this because that's what all the regular johns were giving us tiger lilies those days as a symbol of newly celebrated licentiousness, all the while feeling threatened by the modern, unmarried ingenues who were now "giving out" sex and flirtatious companionship to men for free!?!? Or would I simply be as I am now, an average woman working hard to build a career in the arts, elated to receive a new perfume to explore?

That was fun! Dans la Nuit isn't the most beautiful perfume I own, and it doesn't make me feel comforted when I'm home alone. When it dries down, it does make me want to put on my best dress and get outside... find a garden... find a partner... find a party... find the music and dance the way we danced in 1924 and still dance today.

glorious1
glorious1

I am wearing vintage Worth Dans la Nuit and it is beautiful! I have less than 10 ml that someone sent me.

galex
galex

This one is awful. I get headache when I smell it. I've bought a mini package of 5 worth perfumes and they smell all bad except je reviens. Waste of money!

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

Hasn´t anybody else noticed that this smells very similar to Samsara?

truffles
truffles

I have received a 10ml bottle of this in the modern edition 'love poem' set of 5 perfumes by the same Worth 'nose'.
My main impression of this is 'brown lemonade'. I don't know if you can get this in other countries but we did as children in Northern Ireland and it has a very distinct smell of its own. It also reminds me very much of Max Factor Le Jardin D'Amour (the black one) and of Rochas Byzance.
Was thinking this was one of the set I might keep but unfortunately after a while that plasticy smell I noted in Je Reviens started to come out. Hmmm...
Update: No, I actually like this, it's the first 'spicy' scent that feels right on me, just been outside walking the cat and kept catching lovely whiffs of it. The true test for me, wearing a perfume out in the fresh air.

guest_Courtney
guest_Courtney

Dans La Nuit is a classic, and hard to find. I am wearing it today and are reminded again how for me the oldies are almost always superior to me than much of anything new. If it's available new I haven't been able to find it.

missveronica9
missveronica9

I have some bottles of both the original formulation (EDT) and the new (parfum). Both are quite lovely initially, but the new version falls flat after just a few minutes.

To me, the vintage Dans la Nuit has a Worth 'signature' that I can also smell in vintage Je Reviens. I can imagine someone wearing Je Reviens by day and then topping up with Dans la Nuit for the evening.

Unlike Je Reviens, Dans la Nuit is not heavy on the aldehydes and salicylates, therefore it is less 'powdery'.

I don't notice the woody or oriental aspects that other reviewers here mention. To me, Dans la Nuit is a sweet, rich floral with its sweetness possibly provided by prominent jasmine and ylang-ylang notes.

In my opinion, two similar modern fragrances are Il Bacio by Borghese and Vivid by Liz Claiborne.

Maki
Maki

This is launched much earlier than noted here (so tarasapphire is right!) because I'm reading the diary my mother wrote during the war (heartbraking!) and at one of the pages she mentioned recieving Dans la Nuit as a gift from a boyfriend...
I haven't smelled this scent ever, but if it's the scent I'm getting when turning the pages, it resembles Mitsouko and/or L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain...maybe a mixture of both...
But it might as well be that she wore one of those two as well at that time...
I'd be interested to smell this one for real!

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I like this warm scent. It's woody and a little sweet.

tarasapphire
tarasapphire

Dans La Nuit was actually first launched in 1924, relaunched in 1985 and then again in 2000. It is a Woody Oriental and one of a kind. Just an incredible perfume. It conjures images of dancing beneath the stars at midnight in a luxurious garden. I had it many years ago and have spent years trying to find it again.

Dans la Nuit by Worth 4.00 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Worth Dans la Nuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Worth Dans la Nuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dans la Nuit by Worth. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dans la Nuit by Worth represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.