Designers » T-Z » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Je Reviens Worth for women
dislike

aldehydic
yellow floral
Je Reviens Worth for women Pictures Je Reviens Worth for women Pictures Je Reviens Worth for women Pictures Je Reviens Worth for women Pictures Je Reviens Worth for women Pictures Je Reviens Worth for women Pictures

Je Reviens by Worth is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Je Reviens was launched in 1932. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Blanchet. Top notes are aldehydes, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are narcissus, lilac, orris root, hiacynth, cloves, ylang-ylang and rose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, violet, oakmoss, vetiver and incense.

Aldehydes Orange Blossom Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Lemon

Alameda

Je Reviens Fragrance Reviews

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

What I love about older, "clean" blends, like "Je Reviens", "L'Heure Bleue", "Blue Grass", "Chanel No.5", "Jean Nate" or "Vol de Nuit", is that they hearken from a time when "clean" and "carnal" could still go together and nothing was considered strange, about it; where soapy meant there should be a clean, human body underneath that soap, when it was still possible for clean bodies to perspire, without the industrial, hazmat sanitation force called in to make sure no trace of human musk was left behind underneath the florals and resins.

"Je Reviens" does have an underlying, clean private or public bathroom or hospital undertone to it but that's only because all those things were cleaned with benzoin, for a century and after a shower in the 1930's, the room smelled like creamy, crisp florals because that was the time before all soap had to smell like carwash detergent for people to properly register themselves as "clean". There's a piney, Avon's "Skin So Soft" woodland-esque vibe to it that takes the freshness of "Je Reviens" into a more natural realm.

After the initial burst of blue feeling, resin cleaner, with a mineral, rainwater kick, comes a velvety spray of dried, blue grasses and creamy, carnation-type florals, with a hint of sweet orange flower and hazy lavender. The drydown feels like all musk, sandalwood, pine and benzoin, resulting in a smooth, warm, creamy, sightly dusty woodsiness.

"Je Reviens" is a hard scent to suggest to those who aren't familiar with many older "clean" blends because modern association of soapy florals is often "public bathroom" or "Grandma" but that's only because popular, clean blends that don't turn people's stomachs, inevitably get appropriated to scent Public spaces and find a home as a life-long, signature scent for a generation. It's a matter of pleasing the masses, yet remaining distinctive, which is a good hallmark of a masterpiece. In ten years' time, most Public spaces might smell like "Coco Mademoiselle" and future grandchildren will be lamenting it as a "grocery market smell".

If you like the fascinating combo of musky, carnal and shower clean -- freshly scrubbed skin -- you'll love "Je Reviens". You don't get labeled "Grandma's bathroom" unless you've earned that esteemed status of longevity and popularity.

jessora
jessora

I bought this because of a print ad in Vogue. I think it was about the Fall issue, 1985. I had to have it because the ad of the blue bottle, some bluish flowers such as hyacinth, and the rest of the ad was rather white and receded into the background. I think I ordered a tiny mini of this (and Salvador Dali) from a mail order company that ordered 1/12 size ad in the Vogue under "fragrances for sale" and you could send off your check and check off a list of fragrances you could get for $10 or so. That's what I did.

So I got this tiny boxed sample of Je Reviens. I wasn't sure it would be any good, but whatever, I tried it on and it didn't smell bad, just didn't smell rip roaringly fun or amazing. At first blush was a tiny bit of white flowers, maybe iris, and a cold, clinical bite. I guess that's the aldehydes, but I really smell the white flowers, maybe lily of the valley, iris, and lilac. The drydown was just a bunch of friendly flowers in a cool, white room. It's a very evocative fragrance.

It's nothing to jump for joy about, especially on me since I burn most flowers, but it's so smart, open, and glamorous in ways of the 30's by when women had to clean their entire houses in pearls and dressed to kill, do the marketing and come home and dress a chicken and bake a pie and get her hair done at the salon. Maybe at night would be a Vivien Leigh movie and one cocktail in a taxi.

Still one of my funnest memories of looking through Vogue the first time was being captured by the print ad and wondering what is this going to smell like? Who took this photo, what are the flowers, etc.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

From the cap, it smells a lot like a hospital emergency room with yellow flowers and orange blossoms and then that medicinal type smell goes away and you get a woody powdery floral. Very nice!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Bluegrass and vintage rose scented bath cubes in a dark musty bathroom - throw in a splash of 9711 cologne to add a astringent lemony note and you have Je Reviens.

pronose
pronose

a true timeless scent ! when nose where true noses! je reviens is simply perfect!

cyanne
cyanne

My mom had Je Reviens and Blue Grass on her dresser forever and I rescued it from what must have been decades of neglect. It was in a round bottle and still in the box. She had moved on to the then modern (and truly hideous) Avon Mesmerize and wore it in all its permutations. At first, Je reviens blasts like a bugle call,and seems very much like the vitriolic room freshener, Blue Grass. But after awhile, it dries down to an orangey, vanillac creamsicle, which is very pleasant..at least this version of it was.

Talia
Talia

Hmmm, something really different!
For me it is rather aquatic, oceanic in an interesting way. I cant detect all these flowers, maybe only the orange blossom and tonka bean, and the sandalwood.
For summer in my opinion, because it is somehow cool.
O, not again! Maybe it is a new ingredient added because of reformulation, or the old perfumes just have vampirised. Great start, but later it is trying to kill you.
Or i am allergic to oakmoss,or what they put to be oakmoss.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Worth Je Reviens vintage eau de cologne
I love vintage formulas. I love the romance. I love how they create a story and how they evoke a memory. I love how they develop and unfold on my skin. Only a handful of modern perfumes can make me feel the way a good vintage does.

I simply don’t understand why everyone doesn’t own this one. It is a masterpiece of perfumery. It is simultaneously muted and bright, exactly like a vintage jadelite lamp from the 1930s.

It smells like a vintage formula, yet it’s fresh, green, and bright. It opens with a fresh burst of well-mixed citrus and aldehydes. The aldehydes are very muted and not at all at the levels of other classics like No. 5. From there, it settles into a mossy heart of true oakmoss, narcissus, hyacinth and jasmine with just a teensy touch of incense. It settles into a gorgeous base of warm sandalwood with just a hint of sexy ylang-ylang and musk. I find so much in common between this one and Caron Narcisse Noir. This one is the bright, sunny, day time fragrance while the Narcisse Noir is the dark, sexy, evening fragrance, but the narcissus is the star of both.

shushkin
shushkin

This was my dear Nans favourite scent next to Soire de Paris. You can probably guess from which generation she came. I remember going to her dressing table and spritzing myself with this scent. I screwed up my face as it smelt so strong and yuk on my 9 year old skin. I have many perfumes but only now have I decided to try it again. It must be because of my age but now it smells lovely and all my memories of my much loved Nan come flooding back. I smell like my Nan but hey I dont care. I love the invigorating hyacinth, narcissi and lilac. The dry down is warm and comforting. Average sillage and good longevity.

Plrowden
Plrowden

Je Reviens Worth is heaven in a bottle. Oh how I love the aldehydic floral opening! I smelled carnations blue hyacinth and iris. As the aldehydes faded so did some of the carnation leaving the purest of blue scents on my skin. Fresh, pure and so aromatic! The dry down is perfect! A touch of moss on rocks in a cool stream. The scent lasts on me for a good four hours. The sillage is moderate. This review is for the vintage splash EDT splash. I absolutely love it!

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

For me this equals "The Colour purple" in a bottle. The one who wears this is cloaked in the deep purple of self knowledge and self assurance of someone who can carry the colour royal purple. It is an exquisite fragrance. As a teenager I was given a body lotion and perfume as a gift. The fragrance from those bottles was exquisite. When I put Worth on I immediately recognized the fragrance from my childhood growing up with my mum working in a fancy hotel, everything about presentation and starched napkins, fine cutlery, crockery and excellent food. though I did not know the name when I was a teenager. It is sophisticated. Love the aldehydes! Long live worth!

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

This was the first perfume a boy ever bought me as a gift... millions of years ago. In fact it was also the first proper perfume I ever owned too. I remember it was floral and very grown up at the time and loved it so much. From that moment on I have ensured I always have great perfumes - it created a love in me that remains.

pantorini
pantorini

i think this is the perfume that lynn barber brings back to her teacher from her trip to Paris in her memoir An Education. :)

RozaMoisevna
RozaMoisevna

to anneculligan

I read somewhere that it was a predecessor of Lancome Climat.

larali
larali

Oh my goodness. This smells so good. It's almost glowing! I get orange blossom and strong aldehydes, with a little violet. I have just bought a 3.4 oz bottle blind, and I'm so glad I did. Will be wearing it all fall.

christianne1
christianne1

I have not smelled this in many years but I wore in in high school and took a stroll down memory lane by accident. I received a sample of Nez a Nez Bal Musque and after the pretty loud opening it settled into something nice that I remembered from my past but just couldn't place. I tried to figure it out all day long then it finally dawned on me last night that it was Je Reviens. Oh how I LOVED this fragrance! I have not smelled it in many years and have no idea if it even smells the same now. But the Nez a Nez perfume sample that I received (at about $200 a bottle) smells just like Je Reviens (after about a 1-2 hour dry down, but smells nothing like it when you first spray it). I think I may order some of this on Ebay or Amazon to revisit it. It is amazing what memories a fragrance can recover. Again, I haven't smelled this in years but I remember that it was just a beautiful powdery and feminine fragrance that I loved and wore for years.

anneculligan3
anneculligan3

Could some kind person find me something either similar or close to this perfume i am about to give the name of. It came out in the 1980's i can still smell it to this day it was called Chimere by prince matchabelli please find it it was my favourite of all time sooo sensual perfume thank you

9-na
9-na

Vintage. I like this scent a lot. The window's open, garden smells pour into the room, hyacinth and jasmine the strongest of them all, almost clinging to the warm, sun-bleached window frame.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

An aldehydic floral that I LOVE?!? Yes, it's TRUE!
Je Reviens is amazing. Normally I would not even consider such a scent, but it was 50 cents at a tag sale, so why not? Initially it is a huge blast of rather sharp aldehydes, but then the lovely mix of florals takes over. They are all flowers I enjoy smelling in the garden, especially the lilac and narcissus.
The middle notes and drydown are delightfully spicy and mossy, with a hint of musk.
This is not a super-sweet scent, but there is a whisper of sweetness which cuts the sharpness of the aldehydes.
The longevity is incredible----after 24 hours I still smelled great. The sillage is moderate and did get complements. Some folks were surprised that I was wearing such a traditionally "feminine" scent.
I think of Je Reviens as more "womanly"----it smells like something a slightly exotic and neurotic, but sophisticated, old-time movie star---Gene Tierney comes to mind---would wear.
Update: My friend Mel smelled the drydown and thought I was wearing a man's scent. This indicates to me that men could wear Je Reviens!

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I can't wear this as it just doesn't suit me, but I do adore it :) like other reviewers here, this reminds me of my mother as it was (and still is) her favourite perfume. It was also the first perfume I ever smelt as a little girl...there's actually a picture of the tiny little blue bottle that I smelt above ♥ I have a feeling in 10 years or so...I may actually start wearing this as I'm hoping by then it will suit me the way it suits my Mum. This is definitely her signature scent as it smells like perfection on her.

Grasse
Grasse

Bought this one recently, the little blue bottle pure perfume, I was very excited, because it remembers me of my dearest mother.

This perfume was really gorgeous at the seventies, I had the little bleu medaillon version at the time.
Very glad that is was available again in this time, Je Rieviens!!!
What was the new one a real disappointment, its not bad, but so very different!
Totally different, for me it is even so, that I can´t even recognized it!
Where are the lovely viollets?
I told my husband that this one was simply the best of the world, and now it is even so that it's for my feeling had never resist, where is that lovely scent that I remember, was it a fairy tail?
Want it so dearly back in this time, it was so wonderful.
I have a lot of perfume's, but this one was very exeptional.
Why oh why, with what reason has it changed, my beautiful memories are blowing away, not in a very positive way this time!

Moonclaw
Moonclaw

Used to wear this fragrance back in the 70's, had the ECD, pure perfume and a spray EDP in the Lalique "skyscraper" bottle. Loved this scent, the classic version and frankly have been put off the new version by many of the reviews I've read that are quite disparaging (glad to see below that some have found it pleasing though). But the classic is definitely superior in every way.

I was lucky enough to win 2 auctions on ebay for the vintage version, one the 2-piece set of EDC and perfume in the Lalique bottles, but this was unopened and still in the original blue box with white satin lining. Got it for a steal, I might add. Then today I found I'd won a bid out of the UK for the EDP in the blue round skyscraper bottle, also unopened and in its original blue box with satin lining! I thank the perfume goddesses who know how much I love this scent and consider myself hugely lucky to have scored these unopened vintage bottles that have been stored in their boxes all this time.

I have one small vintage of the perfume that I bought a few years back and was very surprised to find that it's freshness and lovely characteristics were still intact, despite the age. It's almost gone now, so I am looking forward to receiving my lucky purchases.

This scent is a perfect daytime scent, sillage varies from very very soft to sometimes moderate as it goes through the drydown, you'll forget it's on and then get a sudden POOF of another scent to remind you. It's a very clean and outdoor fragrance, reminds you of walking in a meadow full of flowers, yet not sickly sweet or cloying, rather light and delicate. Perfect for work, as it is very subtle. And, oddly, the cologne is very long-lasting which I find quite strange, but there are always surprises with our favourites, aren't there? I actually love the vintage in all its formulations, but am afraid it will be a long while before I try the modern version....

antfarm
antfarm

EDT: Soft and unassuming. Very office appropriate for the 1980s career-woman. Smells more like a deodorant than a perfume--it has that powdery freshness of something from a drugstore health aisle.

Lakambini
Lakambini

When I first sprayed it on, I had to run to my computer and check the notes for ylang-ylang, and sure enough, there it was. The opener is all ylang-ylang, coupled with a chemical sharpness. (The aldehydes?) The scent of this lovely yellow flower shades off into that of daffodils and something odd and burnt, as though the various blossoms making up the fragrance had been singed at their hearts. I had to apply more than I usually do, as for all its classic undercurrents, the current formulation of Je Reviens does seem rather weak and watered down.

Here is something macabre: when I was six years old, my grandfather died, and as he lay in his casket, us cousins took turns peering past the glass at his slack gray face. Candles dripped and occasionally smoked over our heads. There was a pervasive odor of wilting tropical flowers. To allay our tension and fears, we gathered ylang-ylang blooms fallen from the trees across the street, and stuffed them in amber-colored bottles filled with water and sealed with wax, to make “agua.” I am perturbed that after putting on Je Reviens it is this memory that welters up, after more than 30 years.

My review is for the current formulation. This is quite a strong, abrasive aldehyde to start. As a typical aldehyde does, it slowly starts to settle, allowing the floral notes to emerge. I swear I smell a leather note, beginning shortly after the intro, and well into the middle phase, where it is joined by an animalic musk. Eventually this dries down to a polite, slightly soapy, quite powdery base. I rather like the drydown but then, poof, it's suddenly gone. Nothing. Without ever smelling a vintage version, I can guess that the original had to be less sharp in the aldehydes, as I can only describe this version as a bit screechy at the start. This smells better than I was expecting, but I really wasn't expecting much. I don't know if I like it or not. I think the florals and powder are pleasant, but I could do without the heavy musk and cold leather like note.

migueldematos
migueldematos

I just bought one mini bottle (7ml) in a flee market, and it says LALIQUE on the bottom, it must be a vintage formulation and it smells wonderfully! However I can't use the perfume, too feminine.

stormyla

After reading more of the reviews here, I saw the comments about there being two current formulations. My EDP mini is completely made of frosted untinted glass both bottle and cap.

stormyla

I had a very small sample bottle of this back in the early 70's, used it but never purchased anymore. Last week I bought a mini of the current formulation.

I absolutely adore this fragrance. Captivatng, pleasing, feminine, elegant and classy are some of what come to mind while wearing this beauty. It's easy to imagine Tippi Hendren or Grace Kelly trailing this lovely fragrance.

The problem is this EDP only lasts two or three hours on me and after the first two hours it has no sillage at all. I chose this fragrance as I've been looking for a classic that has withstood discontinuation and a ruinous reformulation. This one fits both bills.

I like this one enough to search for a buy on a vintage version. Alas, if I find one and it does last on me, then I will have another fabulous fragrance that is a collector's dream. I doubt that good sense will rule here.

Tam
Tam

I've got both the new reformulated version (tall bottle with the black top) and - thanks to ebay - just acquired a battered vintage gift set of the original Paris Worth version (Lalique bottles of one EDP and one Cologne). I've done a spray of vintage and modern on each arm as comparison. Although the powdery, aldehyldic floral notes are present in both the way in which the two versions develop is very different. The original vintage is comforting - creamy, powdery and will wrap you up in sweet dreams whatever your mood or state of physical well being. The new version is OK but has a sharpness that I can imagine could be nauseating if worn with illness, hangovers, period pain, pregnancy etc, etc. If possible, I highly, highly recommend people seek out the original of this wonderful fragrance. It is really quite different.

mereltje
mereltje

This is a perfume I always wanted to smell. I bought a vintage miniature bottle and OH LALA this smells heavenly! It is really an floral aldehyde, and it HAVE lasting power. Some perfumes have the habit of changing a lot after a while. Then I think in the beginning: Oh, I like this perfume and after a while it changed into a bleh! smell. But this is really a lovely and an unique perfume.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

I wore this for about 2 years in the mid to late 90's enjoyed it. I do not know when it was reformulated but it came in a flowered bottle of the same shape as the current one, it had a large gold cap and came in 2 sizes. I bought it at one of the discount stores, T.J. Max or Ross or Marshall's. It smelled just like a sample bottle I had years earlier. It was distinct, intense scent not like any other and very pleasant mostly. There were times when it was to strong and overwhelming for me, but never did it remind me of cleaning products!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I agree with all who have commented about what a mess has been made of the current offerings under the name of Je Reviens. They are not the true Je Reviens. The drugstore cheapy Je Reviens offered now is an aldehydic scrubber, really it is.

But, I have two bottles of vintage Je Reviens and they are just as wonderful as I remember from my youth, evoking a hazy memory of powdery flowers held together with basenotes of tonka and just a tweak of oakmoss. In its vintage version this is a beautiful, feminine fragrance that lingers on your skin and can only be smelled by someone very close to you. It reminds me of lazy summer days in a light cotton flowered dress having a picnic in the park with your honey on a Saturday afternoon. If you are going to try this do go for a decant of the vintage. If you like white powdery florals you will not be disappointed.

margien
margien

Blind buy, I thought I knew how it smelled: but I didn't. Too much a dry narcissus/carnation? scent to my nose... I find it repulsive...unfortunately... (the review is for the rather cheap version you can buy nowadays). Will give it away...

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I bought this today, the pharmacy near me was getting rid of the dreaded EDT everyone talks about,and I just HAD to get it, sometimes, when I read bad reviews, it actually makes me want to buy the perfume even more, must be the hard headed 12 year old rebel in me .
Well, it's nice, that's about it, I won't even go into notes or a longer description. I can imagine that the original was amazing, but this is just a nice soapy scent. I asked my husband to sniff my arm and he started sniffing up and down ,up and down, until I realized he couldn't find the perfume.
I guess on me it just smells like nice clean skin.
I am going to stick it in the fridge (I saw a few reviewers mention they did this with the EDT) and use it on days I don't feel like wearing a scent :)

ailishlu
ailishlu

I had a bottle of Je reviens EDP as a teenager in the late seventies and absolutely adored it. It had a powdery, smokey floral scent that was so unusual at the time. It just followed me around. Incidently I do think that Je reviens could also mean the longevity of the scent, meaning that it leaves a trail of powdery scent that will alway come back to the receivers nose. As you know, our noses do have scent memories and I think that the creators meant people to know that this particular perfume will never be forgotten. Very clever! However, back to review. I did see this again about 10 years ago in a retail store. It was a clear bottle with a black top. I bought it. It wasn´t quite the same. I can still smell all the notes, but somehow it´s rather watered down and dries down like some kind of chemical soap. How disappointing. Might try the Je reviens couture if I find it.The vintage is divine though and I still have good memories of it.

--------------------------------------------------

I finally received Je reviens couture and it is really lovely. More like the original. It goes on strong and has a lot of presence. Unfortunately it doesn´t last too long on me, but that is the only minus point for this one.

icekat
icekat

I would like to state right from the start that this review is for a modern drugstore reformulation in clear bottle with a black cap. There is another modern version called Je Reviens Couture, which I haven’t tried yet.

I had this bottle for many years. I knew that it was not my cup of tea when I got it blind back then but I was hoping that one day I will see beauty in it. I am still not impressed today but I think what I see in this scent now is a poor shadow of what this scent used to be as I can definitely appreciate the composition’s complexity despite of the crude ingredients and cheap feel.

The opening of the scent is sharp and rough. The aldehydes are strong and to the point of being unpleasant. The green notes are also strong and very chemical. This stage is so unpleasantly chemical that I had to fight my urge to scrub it off. The scent improves while it transitions into green and crisp, slightly soapy, floral bouquet. I definitely smell narcissus, lilacs and hyacinths. As the scent settles on my skin, there is a slight powdery note that mixes with green floral arrangement. But there is still an off-putting chemical note mingling with the scent that I find quite disturbing. The perfume softens towards the dry down into a powdery, woody and green scent which is quite pleasant and complex.

Overall score 3/10. This version of Je Reviens is definitely not what I expected based on raving reviews I have read on other blog sites. I hope that Je Reviens Couture version will live up to its glory as its poor cousine Je Reviens does smell like a household cleaning spray (and not of a good quality).

le mouchoir de monsieur
le mouchoir de monsieur

I have hesitated and pondered over the daunting task of trying to do any amount of justice to "Je Reviens" with mere words: I was asked outright by a BN cohort to submit a review, to which I responded that it would take a novel to render all of its facets, all of the elements that make this one of the most unforgettable perfumes in the world. "Je Reviens" has few peers. It is one of those singular scents that nobody ever succeeded in imitating: It has its place among the greats--Joy, Shalimar, L'air du temps, one of those rare scents that can be conjured to perfection by memory. To begin, it is indeed a confusing assignment to even try to describe what "happened" to it. In it's day, it was a wildly luxurious fragrance, extremely expensive, and made only with the finest ingredients. Many reviews compare it to the chanel woman's 5. In 1932, the 5 would be considered sassy and common, even vulgar next to "Je Reviens." Charles Frederic Worth was the very founder of Parisian Haute Couture: In its day, his house was the grandest, and the greatest of them all. Though later created and launched by his two sons, its perfume division maintained a standard that was unrivaled in its time, untouchable even by Jean Patou himself, the Great Innovator. Witness how everything about "Je Reviens" goes against the vogues of the time: Here is the very essence of elegance, not remotely, not even faintly concerned with fashion. In 70 years it has known countless "incarnations," making its name all the more ironic. Translated by Worth in English as "I Will Return," "Je Reviens" means more specifically "I'll be right back:" It's a present tense, difficult to understand in other languages, least of which English. Perhaps "I am returning" would be the closest, though somewhat awkward, translation, and "return" it did: In steps, it disintegrated all the way down to its current incarnation as a two penny "sent bon" made in England. Somehow, though, its spirit has survived: When you smell it, even today, it's still "Je Reviens," and could be no other: The brightest, most resplendent thing. Even if the current eau de toilette lasts but an hour, there is an "air de famille" in it that is unmistakeable. It blows on like glitter, and brings a smile, a caress, an aura of cool, comfortable richness. It's an heavily organic scent, very much in the way a field of overblown casa blanca lilies would be: One is perplexed that it wouldn't attract bees to the wearer. What it does attract? Men. "Je Reviens" must be the sexiest perfume ever to be put on the face of the earth. We understand why Viagra is that shade of blue once we have inhaled "Je Reviens" on the nape of a pulsating neck, in the crux of a bosom: It's a fragrance that heats up and gets all moist and sweaty in the most delightful way. Among the fields and fields of flowers, there is dark, erotic resin in the earth from which they bloom. The sweat stained and breathless afterglow is so sumptuous that finally we understand why a dumb insect will just keep poking its sucker in over and over and over, even when the flower is spent. Those who truly wish to experience "Je Reviens" in all of its promise of unimaginable splendour must procure a vintage extract: The year does not matter as much as the provenance. It must be made in France. The real deal clearly states: "Made, bottled and sealed in France by Parfums Worth, 128 rue Saint Honore, Paris, France," and even comes equipped with a tricolour French flag. Ladies: Any of you lucky enough to be in possession of one of these blue lalique bottles, use it wisely. The spell it casts will see you keeping hairy beasts at bay with a whip and a chair. Gentlemen, slap some of this nectar of eden on the veins of your prey and witness the effect down under. Who would argue? If something has refused to disappear for this long, even barely breathing in the bottom of the bargain barrel, surely, there must be something magic in it, and there is. The positively lyrical "Je Reviens" could be as close to perfection as perfumery has ever come. A grand statement, yes, but very frankly, there is nothing in it, nothing at all, that is not absolutely, mouth-wateringly delicious.

PrincessAzurea
PrincessAzurea

My sister used to wear this in the 70's and I absolutely loved it. I recently bought the perfume and EDP and EDT. All are horrific. I don't know whether it's been reformulated or whether my tastes have changed (or both), but now I can't even use it as a room fragrance... sad.

Matusha
Matusha

I have a vintage bottle from the 1960s. My granny loved this. She passed it down to me and I hardly ever get it out. Its very endearing to me. I think it smells like the color blue.

There are a lot of flowers here after the aldehyde passes. Its refined and ladylike. I always have to wear a dress with this.

I understand its not the same today. I have enough to last me for years. I wish to pass it to my grandbabys, as old school as it is. You must respect it for its quality.

Shakespeares granny
Shakespeares granny

I bought Je Reviens a number of years ago, being somewhat disgruntled re 'celeb' and newer fragrances, I decided on buying Je Rev. Yes, I was dismally disappointed with the fragrance, although going back 30 odd years I didn't think it smelt like something you'd wash the pots with, or plug into a wall to rid nasty smells - you'd be covering one nasty smell with another! will now purchase Je Rev couture, Thank You

TheFeatheredDuchess
TheFeatheredDuchess

OK so the first thing that needs clarification here is that there are currently two different reworked versions of this scent currently in production.
First is the large clear glass bottle with the black lid, the one shown in the picture at the top of this page.
Second is the couture edition that is being made in the ridged dark blue bottle.
For those of you in olfactory shock from the first of these two, please don't be put off the Couture rework of this scent is utterly beautiful.
I've smelled the cheaper chemist/drugstore version and would have to agree that it belongs in the household cleaners department not the perfumery.
The Couture edition, however, is like a big blue transient angel of a scent.
If blue had a flavour, this would be it and when you wear this scent you can actually taste it.
My advice would be to try putting this on and then venturing out on a frosty crisp morning it's sensory overload.
I love everything about it, it's ability to entirely confound my senses by smelling like a colour, the shift from hyacinth to the peppery/aniseed of narcissus, the sweet lilac and above all the cathedral like space it creates around you.
Breathtaking.....

Midnight50
Midnight50

HORRIBLE! JE REVIENS IN FRENCH MEANS "I'LL BE BACK" BUT THIS NEW VERSION MEANS IN THE REALITY "I WON'T BE BACK ANYMORE" HOW DIFFERENT IT WAS THE OLD VERSION! I THINK TAHT ALL THOSE MONEYMAKERS OF THE PARFUME INDUSTRIES SHOULD BE SOON FINED FOR CONTRAFACTION: THEY CONTINUE SELLING BAD COPIES OF BEATIFUL OLD FRAGRANCES NOW AND FOREVER DESTROYED. ANOTHER LOST!

saritarose
saritarose

I'm afraid I o/d'd on this back in the '60s and have not been able to stand it since. BTW I agree that it doesn't/didn't smell anything like Chanel No. 5, which my mother wore back in the '50s; it was wonderful. She only stopped because it got way too expensive.

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

I've NO idea what they did to this incredible perfume...but it is NOT the luscious scent of the late mid-70s to early-80s. AT ALL. And never, EVER get the eau de toilette version...good God...the EdT smells like bug spray. lol I disagree 1000% that the original Je Reviens smells anything like Chanel No. 5 (which is a hideously cheap scent to me and gives me a migraine every time). They're in the same floral aldehyde family and that's where any resemblance ends.

I'm not sure when they changed the perfume formula; but if you ever get your hands on Je Reviens perfume from the 70s-80s...get it. It's divine. :)

petal49
petal49

I love this perfume and have worn it since my days as student nurse. Now in my sixties I still enjoy the lovely scent.

Alexir
Alexir

Divine. Just received a bottle of this again - have not worn for 20 years, and is as beautiful now as was then. This is a perfume for all times and all seasons. Elegant, romantic, provocative. Very special scent!

Decodawn
Decodawn

A classic fragrance from the Art deco period of the 1920's, 1930's. I used to wear this in the early 1980's, my grandmother used to wear this. Very powdery similiar to white linen, chanel no 5, l'air du temps but at a fraction of the cost.

winkie11
winkie11

Pure Parfum Je Reviens

I bought this on impulse......to remind me of my mother who always wore Je Reviens in [ 50's, 60's and 70's]....++

I am shocked!!! The pure Parfum smells like fabric Softener now!...It has none of the enticement and wonder that I remember as a child. What a disappointment this once lovely fragrance has become
in reformulation. A total waste of money!

Migalex
Migalex

Similar to Chanel nº 5 in the opening, just a bit better, and to white linen in the drydown. The drydown is lovely, actually, and much better than the opening. After the aldehyds, hyacint gets quite noticeable, and the iris note makes the drydown very nice. Much nicer and more noticeable progression than nº 5. As for this aspect, it actually resembles very much white linen, which also changes dramatically from the opening to the drydown. Not bad at all for the price.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a funny, slightly wan little scent these days, which smells really strongly of angelica to me. It's a herbal, floral melange and I appreciate it's historical significance but I won't be wearing it as it kind of makes me feel sad. I wouldn't mind trying the re-launched 'couture' version which I think might be a truer interpretation.

calliope07
calliope07

I fell in love with this fragrance in the early '60s when I was a teenager and continued to wear it for nearly a decade. I found the aroma unique and fresh, with a scent that reminded me of iris and rain. I've only used the parfum and it has been many years, so I don't know if the newer versions of it are comparable. It has a light touch, but I found it to be long-lasting and anything but 'old ladyish'. I was always asked what I was wearing. I've always had a devil of a time finding it for sale.

sistertricked
sistertricked

By owning the new reformulated juice I refused to think it could be similar to Blue Grass. The drydown of the reformulation is nevertheless slightly woody, not sweet and very pleasant for work. I also own the Je Reviens eau de cologne 90° in a rounded transaprent glass and it is another story, even if similar in feeling to the reformulation but not in depth and evolution. The vintage eau de cologne turns out to be a clean lemony-powdery scent, with lilac making itself present and with a soft woody drydown indeed silimar to that of Blue Grass (this happens when I spray not on my skin, but on my clothes: the woody smell that remains is very similar to Je reviens eau de cologne that I've got). I think that when talking about Je Reviens people should mention which juice they are talking about. One strange thing: I did not have a favourable approach to any of these two twin fragrances, I started to use them by tentatives and now I realize I have used a pretty good amount of both of them, especially at work. I am a fan of orientals but I appreciate a subtle and complex scent for close enounters.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I agree fully with one of the writers here who mentioned the fact that the parfum is far better than the EDT. The parfum, for some reason, is a really beautifully clean and powdery scent. I bought this for my mother many, many years ago, and although I don't know if she loved it or not, I recall smelling the parfum and thinking it was really beautiful.

I have been told that it is not what it used to be - that is smells almost exclusively like lilac powder now, but it does hold it's historic place.

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

Got this as a gift 2 years ago, not sure I liked it then, gave it a year on my dresser and nothing so I gave it away..... I think there are far better scents out there that can take up space on my dresser!

Lindamch
Lindamch

The new formulation is not nearly as nice as it used to be two or three decades ago. The striking thing about this perfume was that men of all ages loved it and always told me how nice I smelled. My 70 year old boss and the ten year old son of my neighbour both complimented me on it on the same day about 20 years ago and I have never fogotten that. That has never happened with the much more expensive scents that I more often wear these days.

ballooning64
ballooning64

I very much love this beautiful, floral scent. However, I only like it in perfume form. I have a very large vintage bottle of eau de toilette which is truer to the perfume version. However, the newer version of the eau de toilette with the smooth blue cap is just awful. They changed the formula and cheaped out.

Try the perfume if you can. It's very nice. Avoid any other formulation.

krmarich
krmarich

I discovered a 1960 era blue bottle of Je Reviens. Everything about echoes a bygone era, yet there is something that holds a promise of tomorrow in it. Yes, inaccesable to todays market. However, like its name it promises to return.

The aldehydes seem to burn my nose. The soft florals give a lullaby atmosphere. Lilac, iris and narcissus give a nod to the "powdered wig" crowd. Its formula could have originated in 1769-perhaps it did! The drydown is brilliant and worth trying.

The bottle reflects the art deco skyscapers of NYC in the 1930s. It longed for tomorrow in a time that seemed hopeless. Its original formula carries all of the hope and dreams of those long forgotten users. Perhaps in the future Je Reviens shall return, just like it promises...

Celebrity=Joan Crawford-her favorite perfume.

Zinderella
Zinderella

BUMP.. written as Guest before I joined.. bumping so it goes in my reviews... I hope that is ok :)
I really wish perfume houses would leave things alone and not change the way perfumes smell. When you buy a perfume because you love it and then try to buy it again and it smells different it is very disappointing... Je Reviens by Worth... it used to be unusual and wonderful, now it just smells like cheap granny perfume. I have had to search Ebay for old bottles to get the original fragrance. One should not have to do that.. when you fall in love with a perfume you should be able to love it forever and it should not change.

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

There are two versions of Je Reviens available (apart from vintage) currently and this might explain some of the widely divergent reviews -

1.)The 3.4 oz EDT version in the bottle with the big black cap is a rather watered down one, and the other is
2.) The dark blue crennalated bottle of EDP which comes in a 1.7 oz size. This appears to be closer to a true floral aldehyde and the quality is significantly higher than the EDT.

Of the two I definitely prefer the EDP dark blue bottle with ridges. But I will have to use it a few times before I can review.

On the other hand, since floral aldehydes are something I can take or leave right now, these are both up for swap if anyone cares. The EDP is brand new in box and EDT is in box too but sprayed a few times.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I remember trying this as a little kid (my mom had a bottle) and feeling really grown up wearing it, because it is a very mature scent. At the time I didn't love it or hate it...if anything it was a nice, comforting scent.

However, I sprayed some on my wrist recently for the first time in years and it's a lot worse than I remember. Perhaps it's changed drastically in the last 10-15 years, but now it smells a bit like a musty dusty attic to me.

I don't generally like aldehydic perfumes, and this one is not an exception. It took three tries to scrub it off my wrist... so points for longevity if you like the perfume as it does have serious lasting power.

I can see why some people might like it if they are into this sort of fragrance...and I guess it does smell less mildewy on people with different body chemistry. This perfume is not for me though.

Tiktak
Tiktak

This was my first grown up fragrance. When I was 13 my mom let me pick a fragrance from Strawbrige's Dept. Store. I picked this and I still love it. It really agrees with my body chemistry. This will always bring back good memories for me. Even people who say they don't like it on them, ask me what I have on and can not believe that it smells so different on two people. It's a keeper for me:)

truffles
truffles

This is a review for the new/modern formulation, I don't know what the old one smells like.
Well, I would describe this as an abiding heart-note of plastic, surrounded by a delicate spicy frill.
Although it contains cloves (my big hate) - and I thought carnation although I can't see it in the notes listed here - it doesn't offend me in that way although the plastic is a bit of a shame.
It's not an unpleasant aura though, reminds me a bit of EA Blue Grass, it's just not for me.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Review Vintage Pdt)

Admittedly I had very high expectations for Je Reviens, but this fragrance smell just like blue bathroom tablets.. SO disappointing, I'm really in shock about this.

I don't even want to try the reformulated EdT.

blueberry
blueberry

oh gee.. that's a killer in a bottle! Seriously, there should be a warning on the package:
SUFFOCATION HAZARD!

I bought it unsniffed as I am usually enjoying blind buys and this turned out to be the biggest mistake, luckily it was just less than 10$ for 100ml EDT at a sale inTKmaxx.

I sprayed it only twice and suddenly I felt my throat constrict, my nose itch and my lungs out of breath! This could be poisonous and I swear I am not exaggerating and I don't suffer any alergy to perfumes. Anyway, this is so pungent and harsh that safe application of Je Reviens is very problematic. OK, after the first shock connected with application, I indeed got the smell of 'old age'. It has nothing to do with the term "old lady smell" so many use to describe scents for mature people, this is really the smell of antiquity, which I am not particularly fond of.

The fragrance disappears from the skin pretty quickly, but it stays for some time on the clothes. It is quite soapy and clean, almost bleach-like, but rather in an ordinary and poor way, so I do not find any particular use for this fragrance, it is simply too much...
For me it turns out to be a complete waste of money. My recommedation- do test this before buying and don't get tempted by the low price, as there is a very strong probability you will regret the choice.

parfumeguru

I would be incredibly ashamed of gifting this thing to anyone. I would rather get them a real soap or nice smelling candle from the $1 dollar store. Seriously..:((

parfumeguru

Ohh my God...this is gross gross gross gross!

I remembered how this was considered as one of the gems, vintages, and "soapy"? With all the respect, where do you get your soap or what soap are these people using?

When I saw this at the store, bought it unsniffed today.. For me soapy means Bvlgari Voile de Jasmin..not MIGRAINE inducing moldy stink. Again, I do apologize for fans of this.However, do please understand I have had this big time migraine (yes accompanied by nausea) for the past hour.

I repeat, I find this dis-gust-ing!! (not to mention my empty pocket)

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Trying Je Reviens I feel like I could become the uber-efficient mom who does it all with a smile on her face. If you manage to force Paperwhite bulbs in Winter, your lipstick is always securely adhered to your lips, your skin flawless and you are not prone to sweating, then JR will seal the package.

JR is clean and soapy with LOTS of narcissus. I get no incense at all (which typically goes straight to stinky-girl on me) perhaps only a wee little musk that adds a bit of warmth. JR is not horrible, it's just very efficient.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hi,

well.. Je Reviens I would think this to be a scent of Angels, not maby ArcAngels, but Angels of Love, Hope and Empathy. I take Je Reviens to be Beautyfull floral scent. If I think how first heavens would smell like, I would say This kind.

gazelle
gazelle

I was about six years old when an older sister brought home a round bottle designed like a world globe with baby blue lotion. I was fascinated by the bottle and the scent though at that time with my first grade reading ability I couldn't make out the name. Years later I came across a bottle of Worth Je Reviens, and upon testing it, was carried back immediately to the back screened porch at home where I'd sneak to with the "globe" after Sister left for work, and delight in breathing in the scent of "blue flowers." I wear it rarely but to me, I'm transported to early 20th century gardens and children collecting flower bouquets for Mother in early morning as dew has almost evaporated from lawn. I can't pick out the moss, but I am so attracted to chypres, i believe this has to be the first scent I ever sniffed with moss.

Annica
Annica

I bought the EDT spring 2009. The reason was that I was going through a period when I thought about my teenage years. (LOL) My best friend had bought Je Reviens and I was very impressed that she had so much money that she could afford to buy her own perfume, but also by how good it smelled. The perfume I bought was not even close to the wonderful smell I remembered. Now I realize that it was the EDP she had bought. IMO it's the EDP that does justice to the name Je Reviens. EDT is just a soap. A nice soap though - but still a soap.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A classic, gorgeous, powerful and unique ladies perfume - I just love this on a lady.

perfumoplus

My Number 1 of all my perfumes.

The day they stop selling it will be the day I will never wear any perfume again.

Kiku, you are spot on.

Kiku
Kiku

Fresh, fresh, fresh. Like walking barefoot through a spring meadow at dawn. So ethereal it seems to have fallen from the heavens like raindrops. Sweet with just the right amount of spice and a haunting dry down. Perhaps the most feminine fragrance ever.

guest_Zinderella
guest_Zinderella

I really wish perfume houses would leave things alone and not change the way perfumes smell. When one buys a perfume because they love it and then try to buy it again and it smells different it is very disappointing... Je Reviens by Worth... it used to be unusual and wonderful, now it just smells like cheap granny violets. I have had to search Ebay for old bottles to get the original fragrance. One should not have to do that.. when you fall in love with a perfume you should be able to love it forever and it should not change.

guest_LD
guest_LD

I've worn this fragrance on and off since the early 80's. I wore it at my wedding. I found this site today as I, for the first time, detected a black pepper-like note when I applied my Je Reviens lotion. I'd never noticed it before and wondered if it was included in the ingredients.

Some of you know that I have had some issues with perfume sales women that cannot stand a question out of their regular range of questions. But I found a big perfumery here in the city centre that is now ordering my transparant atomizers on demand. I had to arrange a lot of effort for this service, but I was glad they took me seriously. This weekend I went to pick up my second order and the people in the store were wondering why I needed all these atomizers and what I am using them for. So I explained that I am part of an expert group collectors (with that I mean you guys..) and that we exchange hard to get items through atomizers, when we have no backups available for swap. Then the women behind the counter starting dreaming about her long lost love Je Reviens. I said: 'Oh I have it! You can have it'. I think she had trouble understanding what I was saying. So yesterday I brought it to the lady and she couldnt believe it! Well, i am pretty sure I will have no trouble getting more atomizers from now on!
;-)

nyoka
nyoka

Some have called this grannyish but,its anything but.It smells like a fresh,woody floral scent.I love jasmine.it is rare that it is one of the top notes.But,it combined with oranges id wonderful! then another favorite orris root,is in the mid notes instead of making u wait for it in the end.THe beautiful,dripping with dew lilacs enhance the orris roots sweetness.ITS lasting fume.BUt,the tonka bean,oaknmoss ending is worth waiting for.I just love it.It seems to b a very modern scent,not old.My grand daughter in law,is very young and she begged for my bottle.CAnt do without it tho.Ill get her one.It fits the bill when u want a dew kissed flower garden on the edge of a forrest.Fresh,but,deeply sexy.Its inexpensive too.IT has a lot of other notes u might like but the ones ive mentioned r sum of my favs.TRY it ,it might just b ur fav too!

to me this scent is very nostalogic because my granny wore it all the time and her house always had the warm, inviting scent of je reviens. Now im sixteen and i wear it all the time for happy memories to flood the senses and to wear it in honour of my late Granny.

Sissi
Sissi

This is a Cheap Nickle & Dime Drugstore
Supermarket attepmt on Chanel no 5 for the working Classes since the average
Joe or Jane can't afford Chanel so they
made this. the Aldehyde in this seems to
be more synthitic more plastic then the
earthy and more woodsy Chanel no 5.
The color is Antiseptic like in Hospitals like the color of nurses
And Doctors Scrubs or Bathroom Disinfectant with a Bright Turquiose
Blue Liquid. There is a Leather basenote in this but it fails to have
it's own Idenity in a trend of the once
Popular perfume Trend The ALDEHYDES!!!

One of my childhood memories is being occasionally given small samples of Je Reviens by an aunt, miniatures of the blue round bottle .. have come across Je Reviens occasionally but afraid to buy in case it was gone out of fashion! However, last weekend I bought Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque (hair conditioner) for my highlights and opened the tub to find it smells the exact same as Je Reviens, I'm getting the lovely violet-y hit without buying the perfume itself :)

arianperfume
arianperfume

I have an EDT of this and I find it very lovely, it smells dominant of narcissus to my nose. Not sure about the other concentrations but this one I find quite refresing at not at all old lady,very good for summer I think!!!

Draci
Draci

I got a bottle for my 16th birthday in 1960 and I have loved it ever since. Great scent which will last and last.

Je Reviens is one of those cheap classics. While the EDT is the most popular buy, I had the opportunity to test the rather hard-to-find EDP.

This fragrance is indeed very powdery and complex, but more so in an old-fashioned, vintage sense. Since Chanel No.5 started the floral aldehyde trend, there have been many fragrances released since that smell very similar to Je Reviens and No.5.

Despite the dominant, powdery aldehydes, Je Reviens has a very clean and soapy feel, partly due to the citrus and floral notes. That refreshing quality, while safe, is extremely likable.

I can't say that I've ever smelt this fragrance on anyone close to me. I am surprised at this seeming that this fragrance is very popular and cheap in my country. However I am very certain that there are many ladies over the age of 60 who wear this fragrance everyday.

I was thankful that Je Reviens didn't turn out to be an aggressive powdery scent, however due to my personal tastes I couldn't warm to the scent either. The EDP had rather average lasting strength, however due to a slight case of perfume snobbery, I must admit that I didn't expect much.

Based on Fragrantica members' rave reviews, I decided to add a bottle of JE REVIENS to my cart the last time that I went perfume shopping online. I love floral aldehydes; it was practically free: what did I have to lose?

The good news is that I like the drydown of JE REVIENS a lot: powdery, warm, a bit SHALIMAR-like, in fact. The bad news is that for the first time ever, upon initial application, I suddenly understood all of the complaints that so many make about "old" perfumes. Honestly, the opening reminded me very much of an attic filled with old clothes, or some other place where dead skin cells have been accumulating over a number of years.

It might be the incense/aldehyde/ylang ylang combination. All I know is that I really did not enjoy wearing JE REVIENS at all until the final phase. But I am happy to have tried it, nonetheless.

The 3.4oz edt bottle will now find a comfortable home in the back of my armoir along with what appears to be about a gallon of CABOTINE purchased in gift sets for the shower gel and lotion--which I do like, as evidenced by the fact that they are all gone...
(-:

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is a way unique scent!!! I wore it in the 80's. I was a perfume addict back then in my 20's. I don't even know how to describe it, kind of citrus and sharp although it is not classified as such.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I wore this in the 70s. Bought it fairly recently because I've been feeling nostalgic for scents from my past. Anyway, it's been reformulated, hasn't it? It is a lighter, fizzier version of what I remember. Maybe I'd originally owned the EDP and now I have the EDT? Sigh.

om
om

For me it is like transpharent, a bit glazy curtains made from hitech syntethics or even steal..
In other words it is very clean, cold, but very powerful and long lasting flower bouquet.
Could call it frozen flowers;) Colour of the box suits perfume perfect! But this heaven is not for me, as it hits my nose to pain - it is obious I belong to another realm:)

swedeangel
swedeangel

The scent of angels, the scent that dreams are made of !

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

The male version of "Je reviens" could be called Brut- Fabergé!
>.<
Both merries very well... the same powdery and soapy/balmy dry-down on each other, just with some bit floral in JR and some lavender in Brut!
Great and beautiful classic!
Nostalgic rules...

*EDIT: I think about it... and the male version couldn't be Brut, but could be Palio- Lorenzo di Siena!

moonruby
moonruby

Ugh, am I the only one who could detect notes of herbs and urine?!

I see this being sold for under $20 in chemists and now I understand why

It's horrid!

amelie
amelie

I bought it only because it took me back to some memories. Very nice, quite a strong fragrance, which somewhat recalls the smell of grandma's old shelf in the closet. I love floral aldehyde fragrances, only a few drops of fragrance enough to enjoy.

capless
capless

I first came across this when it was being heavily promoted in the Lalique bottle one Christmas in the early 1980's. I thought it was something new and didn't realize it was a classic until I heard it mentioned in an old b&w movie. This is a scent that became a memory. I wore it exclusively for about a year. Now when I open the bottle I'm 22, unmarried, and having the one hell of a good time! It's a glorious scent and has a little of everything but not too much of one component or another. A nice balance. It has very good staying power but isn't obnoxious. I have found that it ages quickly and the scent changes radically so I buy the small bottles and don't save it for best. I've kept the empty original bottle for close to 30 years. This perfume invites sentiment and good memories.

swampyg
swampyg

I so agree it is a piece of history in a bottle. The first perfume I ever bought, and the one I go back to. Amazingly good value but don't be put off by the low price - it is absolutely gorgeous.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

Beautiful, I bought some recently and went on a journey back to 1975 when I first bought it on a holiday. What can bring back memories better than scents?

Flybethy
Flybethy

What a fantastic and lovely fragrance this is. It's like rolling around in Art Deco. It's warm and cool and clever and complicated. This has got to be one of the most under rated smells ever. I bought this yesterday for £4.99 and yet it's history alone should put it up with the greats. I love that during the war soldiers would give it to their sweethearts because Je Reviens means I Will Return. Please lets stand up for these amazing retro fragrances, this is a piece of history in a bottle and it's fabulous.

weegee
weegee

Je Reviens is consistently available for so little money that I think some might think it just can't be good but nothing could be farther from the truth. This classic has such staying power at the dry down and such a lovely sillage that I think it has to be one of the greatest frangrance bargains around. I tend to wear it more in winter because it seems more oriental on me than floral. A real "must have".

update: It wasn't until I read Doctormod's Sept. '09 review that I realized I've been in love with a pre-reformulation Je Reviens. A recent sniff of what's currently available revealed "nail polish remover" as she said. I ordered the edp in the crenelated bottle she describes and can happily report that it's the "heaven in a bottle" I remembered. Truly sublime.

barbiot35
barbiot35

This is a real floral one...And I agree with the people who found it old stylish but this doesn't mean it's boring or demoded!...
All the flowers listed are detectable on it in a classy harmonie.And I agree with coriander too, it can be worn at any season...

lilinah
lilinah

Je Reviens is a lovely feminine perfume. Polite, softly floral, subtle, classic. A true old-fashioned (but not "old lady") aldehyde floral.

The scent is complex, but well-blended. No one note dominates - unlike many modern perfumes. Rather they all work together to form a delicate veil.

While not my usual style, it is clearly the work of a master. All the floral, spice, citrus, and animalistic scents sing together in harmony, like a well-balanced choral group.

Leesee
Leesee

Je Reviens has always mystified me a bit. It is both worldly and innocent, simple and complex. In other words, it is both fish and fowl, so to speak. The scent opens with an aldehydic rush reminiscent of Chanel No. 5, but its midpoint is a little hard to pin down -- I detect rose, but not much, and the clove note seems to elude me completely. The drydown, though, is confectionary heaven -- buttercream glaze mixed with a sprinkle of secret spices. A bit of a puzzler, but ultimately a worthy addition to any perfumista's wardrobe.

guest_Tala
guest_Tala

I do love this one. I came across it shopping at our local grocery store. It was on sale and I sprayed some on and continued my shopping. All of a sudden I was transported to a time in the past when women wore mini skirts and poofed up their hair with a lot of hair spray. My mums hair spray smelled like this. Smells clean, old, perfumy, and all together very different to what is out there right now. Later on in settles to smell a little like opium by EveSaintLaurant. Nothing synthetic about it. I love how natural it is.

Coriander
Coriander

This is a beautiful composition, a historical scent, very ligth but with a great sillage. A classic, perfectly suitable in any season, any time. Reminds-me the olfactive line of the compositions for the 90´s. Created in 1932 but for my nose, smells like 3000!
Have long lasting too.

JE REVIENS for WOMEN by Worth EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
JE REVIENS for WOMEN by Worth EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Je Reviens Perfume by Worth, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Je Reviens Perfume by Worth, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Worth Je Reviens fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Worth Je Reviens, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Je Reviens by Worth. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Je Reviens by Worth represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.