Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Alexandria II Xerjoff for women and men

Alexandria II Xerjoff for women and men
dislike

Alexandria II Xerjoff for women and men Pictures

Alexandria II by Xerjoff is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Alexandria II was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Chris Maurice. Top notes are lavender, palisander rosewood, cinnamon and fruity notes; middle notes are lily-of-the-valley, rose and cedar; base notes are amber, musk, agarwood (oud), sandalwood and vanilla.

Lavender Palisander Rosewood Cinnamon Fruity Notes

Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Cedar

Amber Musk Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Vanilla

Tamima

Alexandria II Fragrance Reviews

HorlicksB4Bed
HorlicksB4Bed

This is a niche version of Escada Magnetism, they smell very similar

enigmatic_jd
enigmatic_jd

This Fragrance Is Amazing.
Smooth - Sweet - Woody And Spicey But Not Offensive Spice Just A Background Kick Of It!

This Fragrance Isnt Really About Oud To Me, More Sandalwood, Cinnamon With Wood And A Touch Sweetness.

Quality Juice, Very long Lasting, Unique And Great Sillage - Perfect

Only Made More Special By The Fact It Is Hard To Get And The Presentation.

5/5 Easily For Me

*The Price Is A Killer Though Not Gonna Lie

beata4u2
beata4u2

Alexandria is exclusive to Fortnum & Mason in London. I'm so happy that one of the perfumista's on here introduced me to the lovely second floor in F&M. Anyway, back to Alexandria. It's a part of Oud Stars collection. For starters it's very, very long lasting. I had a paper strip sprayed on Saturday and I can still smell it on Wednesday. Smell it not only when I bring the strip straight under my nose but also from about a meter distance. I would describe Alexandria as woody floriental. The notes I can definitely smell through different stages of development are: rose in the opening and middle, lavender - I think the slight whiff of freshness comes from it, very subtle oud throughout the whole life of Alexandria, and finally sandalwood, vanilla and cinnamon in the drydown. There is also something that smells like bitter almonds - not sure what that could be? Maybe just my sense of smell?
I enjoyed this fragrance a lot and it's now on the top of my 'to buy list'.
Now, on a side note, I didn't really think much of Xerjoff after my big disappointment with Iriss. And I only smelled few Xerjoffs from the Shooting Stars collection but they didn't make my heart beat faster. But Alexandria proved that Xerjoff has beautiful things to offer.
Also, another exclusive to F&M is Emery from the Shooting Stars (it's not listed on Fragrantica yet and there aren't any information on the net yet). Emery is a stunningly wonderful oriental rose. I fell in love with it instantly. When it appears on here I will follow with a description of my beautiful experience with it. :-)

Update1: I just found Serguey review of Alexandria on here and it says there were only 120 bottles which sold out immediately and that Xerjoff wasn't going to make more. Somebody also mentioned that they did release Alexandria 2 - so maybe that's what I sampled? Need to go to F&M again.

Update 2 (26/11/2013): Yes the current version in F&M is Alexandria II. I actually met Sergio Momo in F&M yesterday and had a really nice chat with him. He explained that the only difference between Alexandria I and Alexandria II is the oud. The one used in A I was 25 years old. The one used in A II is 5-6 years old but it comes from the same plantation. The rest of the notes is the same. Sergio also explained why they needed to name it Alexandria II saying that even though it's almost identical fragrance yet still the main ingredient is different. That little chat really made my day! Yay :-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff Alexandria II fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff Alexandria II, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alexandria II by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alexandria II by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.