Designers » T-Z » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Blue Hope Xerjoff for women and men
dislike

leather
Blue Hope Xerjoff for women and men Pictures

Blue Hope by Xerjoff is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Blue Hope was launched in 2014. Top notes are bergamot and mandarin orange; middle notes are saffron, cedar and jasmine; base notes are vanilla, castoreum and musk.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Saffron Cedar Jasmine

Vanilla Castoreum Musk

Palo Santo

Blue Hope Fragrance Reviews

enigmatic_jd
enigmatic_jd

To The Long RANT Below There Is So Much I Disagree With On....
But Lets Just Focus On One Point - Price:
Tom Ford Private Blend $295 AUD 50ml $410 AUD 100ml
For A Department Store (Estee Lauder Owned), Over Hyped, Hit And Miss Fragrance Collection IMHO.

I Think Most Of The JTC / Shooting Stars And 1861 Collection Are Cheaper Or Similar In Price And Rarer/ More Exclusive And Better Presented Than A Sticker On A Bottle. Also, To Than Compliment A Roja Dove And Whinge About Xerjoff Pricing Is Rather Comical.

Yes I Think This Fragrance Is Average,
Yes i Think It Is Overpriced For What It Is,
But No I Will Not Trash All Of Xerjoff's Fragrances And Brands Because Of This One.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

I think I shouldn't be really stating it to clearly here but the Xerjoff house is seriously unimpressive, overrated (by some) and certainly hideously overpriced.

At least for me. It sounds stinging but scents like these only fuel the fire; all the cliched pitfalls of Niche are here; saffron, orange, jasmine and that pre-requisite fur-skin note.

This house is a Champion of the mundane and mediocre, maybe not for Quality of materials but where is the 'reference point' with already excellent Houses for superlative raw materials like Creed, MFK and a bunch of others - all with more competitive price tags and interesting blends - in my honest opinion.

I'm no scent 'hardcore' aficionado, or even knowledgeable in my terms but I can spot who's doing what and make a honest-fact based take on scent-profile comparisons.

Even Amouage offer much better value I think and they're usually, no, *always far more adventurous or challenging with their products.

While this one is Ok with it's creamy vanilla, it's too offset by the usual 'game-spoilers' I listed above; Xerjoff really need to take a leaf from houses like T Ford that use, not necessarily 'daring' notes but simply more exciting ones.

Like Raspberry. Cannot recall a single Xerjoff basing a scent of that while not including orange or saffron. Apple? Nope. Apricot? Nope. Bananas?? Hell, no. Even a Roja scent uses a banana note now, one that I think is pretty excellent actually!

While this will obviously please those who like an orangey-creamy floral vanilla, it's not that this hasn't been done by countless others, at a lesser price and even then with far better value.

I can name 2 Montale scents off my head at $100 per 100ml bottle that easily better this and many other Xerjoffs: White oud and Oud melody. And I don't even enjoy those ones!

I think I'm done with this house, even their samples weigh in at more than the others!

Sorry if this appeared a long rant that was obtrusive to anyone's views on this house but in the end I am only honestly trying to point out where exactly this House lies in terms of upscale valuation - and they really have a lot of work to do. All I can say is time to pull your socks up Xerjoff or pull the insane price tags down!

But I think they're happy enough in their own bubble.

*Edit: I forgot the 'Sospiro' brand, that do come 'under' Xerjoff. While I haven't tried any of that line, I do find their note-lists much better than the 'Xerjoff' moniker ones. So, I'll give those a try, maybe they can 'redeem' something for Xerjoff.

As for coming back to this scent, the usual.

My rating: 5/10.
Scent Quality: 8/10.

Lana148
Lana148

Musty saffron and cedar with a touch of citrus and sweetness, feels very rubbery. I don't get this one, to me it just smells bad. What the point of releasing these type of fragrances? I wish perfumery would be about quality not quantity!

Ani1978
Ani1978

Blue Hope opens with a mix of citrus and saffron creating sweet hard candy vibe to it. In my opinion this is more sweet than Red Hoba but the sweetness isnt cloying in this one. The white flowers and cedar are noticable but its most sweet vanilla, musky dry down , simple and safe. I feel this could be used by some younger generation like under 30 yrs. Somehow it doesnt suit the older ones.

KBF1982
KBF1982

This one is much better than red hoba which it was released with. The opening is fresh with the citruses and it progresses into a nice woody floral. I like that it's somewhat fresh but also has depth with the saffron, woody notes and florals. A very nice scent but not worth the price for what it is in my opinion.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff Blue Hope fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff Blue Hope, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blue Hope by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blue Hope by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.