Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Damarose Xerjoff for women

Damarose Xerjoff for women
dislike

Damarose Xerjoff for women Pictures

Xerjoff collection of fragrances is so alluring that each new edition attracts attention of the public. XJ 17/17 collection has been presented recently, in flacons with spray as eau de parfum. Two brand new editions have been added to this luxury collection at the same time.

Xerjoff XJ 17/17 includes 6 fragrances available as EDP, in spray flacons shaped like flacons of the Shooting Stars collections. Two new fragrances are named Damarose and Richwood and they promise a great concept with their names.

XJ Damarose is a chypre edition with accentuated Turkish rose absolute, Sambac jasmine, freesia and red berries. A fine cloak of patchouli and precious wood adds a dose of elegance and beauty to the composition, along with a sensual trail of amber and musk that linger on the skin. Damarose is available as 100ml EDP. Damarose was launched in 2010.

Bergamot Lime Red Berries Freesia

Turkish Rose Jasmine Ylang-Ylang iris Lily-of-the-Valley

Patchouli Vetiver Sandalwood Egyptian Rosewood Vanilla Amber Musk

Damarose Fragrance Reviews

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Wow!!! Where do I even begin with this stellar offering...?!?! Damarose is all about rose... Damarose opens with fruit but this is a sweeter fruit note than many rose-based offerings... I.M.O, it is the right choice to lead into the heart. It's a beautiful Turkish rose that is at the heart of Damarose and it is simply gorgeous. However, this rose does not stand alone, it has an equally adorable partner- jasmine sambac, which pairs perfectly together..... The presence of the jasmine adds foundation to the rose and creates an unusual depth in the heart of the fragrance.....

Rose and ylang-ylang are the primary notes that my nose picks up coming out of the fruit and at this point Damarose starts to smell oh so familiar- yes, like so many other rose fragrances out there. This sambac jasmine, not only pairs with the Turkish Rose, it actually starts to dominate the composition and seems to meld into one intense sort of rose-like accord. Damarose is just a CLASSIC ROSE CHYPRE!!! For me, it is very sexy, very seductive; and yet, at the same time it's poised, sophisticated and elegant………... If the price of $645+ does not deter you, then please do add this masterpiece to your collection and wear it when sheer elegance is called upon......

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Absolutely stunning rose but the price is ridiculous. I might pay 2-400 for this, but 645? Sigh. Noped right out of there.

I am very envious of those of you who can afford this, however. It really is a rose that combines the best elements of the flower- it is sweet, cool, noticeable and very luxurious smelling. It's not really a jammy rose or a dark rose, more like a rich raspberry rose. The "coolness" of the scent keeps it from being cloying or too strong. Despite me describing it as cool, warmer facets come out to play after a while-- it is strengthened and heated up by the amber, giving it a super sensual, languid type of feeling.

Recommended to at least test for all who love rose.

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

High on the list of "must-haves". Had it been in stock it would have wrapped up, paid for and taken home in a jiffy with an enormous smile.

Freshly delicate and warm with a lasting feeling of being enveloped in the joy of wearing kashmir.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

This is a review based on my first encounter with the pure perfume oil of Damarose in Murano glass bottle. When I first smelled it on paper, it was a straight forward rose chypre with prominent fresh powdery rose. After about 30 minutes, it became just a bit sweeter with hints of a slightly tart berry note but without much development. I then tried it on the back of my hand and it smelled totally different. It opened with quite fresh, green, peppery, slightly bitter and zesty citrus notes among a delicate fresh rose note.

As the oil develop, the rose note became more prominent among other green, sweet and slightly powdery floral notes. The floral heart is most elegant and can be worn daily or in formal occasions. Although this fragrance leaned towards the feminine side, IMHO it could definitely be worn by a well groomed man who is confident of himself. I tried pairing it with the perfume oil of Xerjoff Homme and it worked out wonderfully as well.

After wearing Damarose for about five hours, the soft, woody, ambery and musky base notes started to come forward to enhance the sensual floral phase of the fragrance. I am now in the seventh hour of Damarose and it is still smelling wonderful on my skin.

I would recommend any serious rose fragrance lovers to at least try this absolutely gorgeous fragrance. As a matter of fact, I love this perfume oil so much that I ordered myself a bottle of it despite its outrageous price.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Follow-up: if it IS in fact too "biatch"- then can you recommend a nice Rose that isn't as femme...... ? Thx!

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Opinions please???? Can a straight guy get away with wearing this one?!?! I got the 15ml bottle from a friend's Xerjoff Discovery Set..... It just blew me away....., but I couldn't help wondering and wondering: "isn't this a bit too bitch for a guy to wear"?!?! Please advise guys! Thx.....

All the Xerjoff are interesting for some reason. they have many and all different. i don't smell too many duplicates in this line, which IMO it's sign of some "work" behind. They are very concentrated and longlasting and also well-layered.
Damarose was the one that especially attracted me as a rose-lover. I'm no expert to say if it's 100% rose. Maybe they use a higher dose of naturals together with chemicals, I don't know.
Anyway Damarose is a special rich luxurious rose that stayed on my skin until washing away several hours later and beyond.
The overall effect is about rose or rose-based perfume.
The rest of the composition is beautiful but very blended in.
It's an elegant and sophisticated scent.
I don't own it but I enjoyed multiple sprays from testers and every time, even after a few years, it keeps me with nose on my wrist.

beata4u2
beata4u2

For me this is undoubtedly The Queen of Roses. I'm a sucker for rose centered fragrances and they come in all sorts of forms and shapes. Or should I say: concentrations, formulations and from different corners of the world. We have pure, innocent roses like Diptyque Eau Rose, we have roses who pretend to be loud but are in fact shy: Juliette has a Gun Midnight Oud, we have hidden roses Amouage Lyric (sorry but I cannot smell rose there!), we have slutty roses pretending to be ladies FM Portrait of a Lady, we have rose that will carnage your nostrils Armani Prive Rose d'Arabie, we have mysterious, spicy hot roses Guerlain Rose Nacree du Desert, we have roses that smell almost like armpits: LL Rose 31. The cool, restrained and refined rose in Pierre de Velay no11 and the hot, sunny, optimistic rose in Xerjoff Emery. And so on and on... And then then there is XJ Damarose. My first thought when I smelled it was: this is royal. This one is few steps above any rose I've ever smelled. It's sophisticated, alluring, captivating and its beauty almost made me cry. It's not loud and it's not quite. It doesn't demand attention but it's impossible not to notice it. It's smooth, mellow and almost warm but also cool. It seems to be so close to you and yet somehow it's also distant. It's like the best of all roses you smelled before but it's none of them. To me Damarose whispers: here I am, the way I am, the best I am. I fell in love with this scent!

Update 1: managed to get a sample of this o Ebay. I got so excited I accidentally splashed almost third of it on my neck. (Damn!). But dear lord I do smell heavenly.

Update 2: Got the FB. I love this scent to bits. My friends love it. Everybody loves it! And dear lord, it lasts and lasts, and lasts. 10-12 hours at least and that's with my skin that loves to eat scents... so not really sure why others had issues with longevity?...

indult
indult

Very nice perfume but on that costly price it should b stay longer, i bought it and like it but never buy again due to poor longevity X high price.

demby
demby

gracias xerjoff esto es un puro aroma de rosa, vale la pena el precio tan alto, es exquisito, puro, exóticoy netamente aroma de reyes, adoro esta fragancia.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

Damarose is classic feminine rose chypre fragrance, a type of fragrance known for its balance of seduction and poise.
It's is a lovely, soft and romantic type rose with a trail of ambar and musk that evolves into a fresh and dignified rose bouquet wrapped in what almost smells like fresh wood shavings.
I wish it could last a little longer on my skin, but even so it is a unique rose fragrance that you certainly should have.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff Damarose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff Damarose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Damarose by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Damarose by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.