Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Irisss Xerjoff for women

Irisss Xerjoff for women
dislike

Irisss Xerjoff for women Pictures

Irisss by Xerjoff is a Floral fragrance for women. Irisss was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Chris Maurice. Top notes are bergamot, carrot seeds and carnation; middle notes are iris, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang and violet; base notes are vetiver, cedar, benzoin, musk and incense.

Bergamot Carrot Seeds Carnation

iris Rose Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Violet

Vetiver Cedar Benzoin Musk Incense

Iris Silver Mist
Purple Rain

Irisss Fragrance Reviews

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

in the beginning i get a soft and rooty iris/orris note along with a strong carrot seed note. it's seedy and mildly earthy in a mildly rain drenched sort of way. i believe i get some violet and vetiver in the next few minutes- it's slightly earthy/rainy yet also smells like lipstick or vintage makeup. soon after the benzoin and incense emerge, deepening the scent, but it's still a light scent overall. in the end i'd say it's an iris/orris scent with incense. it's contemplative and intriguing. i love iris scents and this is a little more realistic than some but i love the unreality of those as well. i love iris in many of its interpretations, and irisss is no exception.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I am a huge fan of Orris. However, it often wears too cool or flat for me in a soliflore composition. Therefore, I rarely wear it alone, or have to find it in blended perfumes (Misia is a current favorite). In blends, I sniff endlessly in search of the Orris, never satisfied that I am getting enough.

Irisss is the exception. Orris is right there, the entire time. This is not so much a "perfume", but a performance, a perfect interpretation of Orris. While Oriss is by far the predominant note, and this perfume has the "feel" of a soliflore, it most certainly is not. Xerjoff has meticulously selected supporting notes, used in homeopathic quantities. In minute amounts, Jasmine and Rose add a palatable sweetness, Violet supports the powder, and Carrot Seed gives lift. Vetiver enhances the earthy quality of the Orris, and Musk adds a skin feel that Orris lacks on its own. I can't even detect the other stated notes. Doesn't matter, they are behind the scenes doing what they should- supporting the undeniable and perfect star of this show: Orris.

Yes, the price is absurd, but perfection doesn't come cheap.

Florista
Florista

This is absolute perfection. The longer I spend time with it, the clearer it becomes that Irisss is the great pinnacle of all modern iris perfumes, My next trip to London, I am taking my money to Harrod's to purchase the attar oil in the green crystal bulb. When you add up the cost of multiple bottles of inferior iris frags (this one has a beautiful opening but fails in the drydown, this one is too powdery etc.) it really isn't that extravagant of a purchase.
Edit: Beware when purchasing samples of this online. I paid alot for a 5 ml decant of this from a very well known dealer and they sent Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist in a bottle labeled Irisss. At first I thought the two perfumes just smelled alot alike but when I purchased Irisss at Harrod's later on, it was instantly obvious I had either been ripped off or a mistake had been made. A gorgeous Iris perfume, this still remains my absolute favorite. Expensive but wonderful.

oktober
oktober

I'm not too much into iris perfumes, but out of curiosity, I bought a sample if Irisss (catchy name)

So, yes, it smells good. like the ultimate femme fatale kind of iris. I find it somehow similar to both Silver mist and Hiris, but more to the second.

I think anyone would be ashamed to eat bacon or munch on chocolate cake wearing Irisss :))

Very strong lipstick edge. I say, if you're a fan of iris, this is well worth the money. Honestly, it's that good!

Adelinne07
Adelinne07

You can barely catch a glimpse of her through the imposing cedar trees that cast long shadows over the forest. If you look closely, you'll see her silver hair, like smoke undulating in the breeze, then her thin silhouette, like witch of the forest. She is on her kneels, picking iris flower. She keeps the bouquet in her arms, and her movements became frantic as the bouquet is taking shape. Among clods of soil, there can be seen the roots of the iris flowers, but just for a second, than she buries them quickly with her small hands, as she looks back over her shoulder looking worried. The movement makes her hair flow like a river over the petals. I look at her. She is unbelievably beautiful and she impregnates even the air around with her tenderness. She rose up. The bouquet's weight draws ghostly shapes on her dress. She starts to run but suddently she looked back and I saw her lips move rhythmically. Irisss, Irisss ... she whispers and loses her trace in the majestic forest.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

Sergio Momo of Xerjoff told me in person at a recent fragrance launching event in Hong Kong that the formulas for the Attars of the XJ17/17 line did not contain any kind of media (alcohol/Jojoba oil/base oil) to dilute the fragrance compound and the fragrances were 100% pure. I recalled he mentioned that Irisss Attar was made with mostly pure Iris butter with only very little of other ingredients.

This is a review based on my full wear of the Attar version of Irisss yesterday. I applied three drops of the Attar on my wrist at around 5pm yesterday and I could still smell the soft musky balsamic deep dry down of the fragrance when I got up at 7am this morning. The fragrance opened with prominent scent of the powdery carrot seeds mixed with rich buttery earthy note of the Iris roots. The scent was quite heavy but not over bearing to my nose. It was actually very comforting and I could not keep my wrist off of my nose for the entire time.

After about 45 minutes of initial application, faint floral notes started to emerge but the buttery warm Iris note remained the most prominent. Although the scent remained basically the same for another four hours, the floral and buttery earthy Iris notes just kept on rotating back and forth making the scent very complex and fascinating.

I could not detect any of the warm Bergamot note until after the Iris note finally began to soften in the fifth hour. After another couple hours, the fragrance became slightly balsamic and musky and lingered on my skin until the next morning.

I am not sure whether the Attar is made to smell the same as the EDP as I really could not detect any incense, Jasmine, Rose or Cedar notes as indicated in the notes description here in Fragrantica. IMHO, Irisss Attar is absolutely gorgeous and although it might be leaning a bit towards the feminine side, it is still very wearable for men who look for true elegant and luxurious scents.

Eos
Eos

As much as I've tried to resist, Irisss is my Holy Grail iris scent. I didn't even want to smell this because of the price tag, since looking at the notes gave me a premonition that this would likely be love for me.

Simply put this is the nicest, smoothest, most beautiful iris/orris I have ever smelled. Yes its floral, but its so much more: creamy-waxy like lipstick, papery and a bit bready, dry smelling and a bit earthy with a soft muskiness. From the sillage I keep getting tiny wafts of something a bit sweet--perhaps an impression of pear.

Why is this better than Serge Luten's Iris Silver Mist? For me, ISM beautiful but I get a bit too much peppery vetiver for me to fall head over heals. Irisss is all about the iris, nothing ever overwhelms its staring ingredient.

For those of you have ever wondered why the name is spelled the way it is, its because it's pronounced like Golum from Lord of the Rings would say it: preciousss = Irisss.

ETA: I'm wearing this again and must declare that this is in fact perfection.

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

pleasant enough. like someone exchanged most the balsam, wood and incense in iris silver mist for floral tones (note how prominent carnation and rose are in the notes above). but therein lies the problem. in doing so its less unique, edgy, interesting and overall somewhat forgetable as there are already a trillion florals already out the that this might recall (for example iris nobile from acqua di parma). Xerjoff is much more classically feminine whereas ISM is to my nose more unisex and utterly unique. Xerjoff is not necessarily derivitve of Lutens, just a different spin on iris but im sure someone out there is dying to part with the better part of 700.00 USD for the priviledge of so doing. whatever. ill stick with Iris Silver Mist and be forever relieved that i wont be haunted by something so absurdly expensive

kossjenka
kossjenka

just got sample and can not stop smelling it... so this is the scent of rare iris butter on vetiver and cedar refreshed by bergamot and enriched by violet and carrot seeds? well, it is amazing, rich, overwhelming, profound and after all somehow so familiar but not from perfume world. scent so ancient, calming, dare to say spiritual even. my soul reacted stronger than my body to it... absolutely adore it.

Nabila
Nabila

I think this is the most sophisticated perfume I own. Its feminine, lovely, and complicated because the Iris in it is so well presented and it keeps changing so you can smell its facets. The root earthy feel, the flowery aspect, the buttery aspect, and then the powdery at end. All of the iris unfolding. It makes me concentrate and think as I am enjoying this wonderful development ... after 30-50 minutes , the buttery flowery sexy feminine aspect stays and you know that you r indeed a woman putting on a womanly scent. But also you know that only you know how complicated this scent is and how it matches you in its complexity ..I guess that is why I say its sophisticated because it makes me feel and think. BUT dont be scared it is a beautiful fragrance..

PoderiFirenzi
PoderiFirenzi

Do you still have Xerjoff Irisss? I'm looking to buy it or to trade an Amouage attar or Maison Kurkdjian Silk Mood for it. Thank you!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff Irisss fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff Irisss, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Irisss by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Irisss by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.