Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Lira Xerjoff for women
dislike

caramel
cinnamon

Lira by Xerjoff is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Lira was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Chris Maurice. Top notes are bergamot, blood orange and lavender; middle notes are jasmine, cinnamon and licorice; base notes are musk, vanille and caramel.

Bergamot Blood Orange Lavender

Vanille

Lira Fragrance Reviews

Winter Sweet
Winter Sweet

I'm not a gourmand or caramel lover but if you are,do give it a shot.It's a very well blended smooth caramel scent. Not suffocating or sickening.

Soofiya
Soofiya

It was a long time that I loved xerjoff lira
Whenever I went to a perfume shop and saw it's tester,I sprayed some on my wrist and turned to the happiest girl in the world.I never observed it's notes,I just let it feel my heart with warmth.it smelt like a spicy orange cake and I felt it's buttery and heavy on caramel
Finally my lovely hubby bought it for me.I couldn't believe when I had it's luxurious bottle and box in my hands
It's not as buttery or caramelized as I remembered.it opens with a citrus blast.lots of sweet orange and a hint of lavender,then it becomes very powdery and spicy,I can detect lots of cinnamon powder and vanilla powder. Liquorice adds a very lovely twist to scent.kind of powdery bitterish,burnt liquorice thing that I die for it in pink sugar is present here too.dry down is warmer,sweeter with Musky caramelized vanilla,very soft and cozy
It's definitely a fall,winter scent and a gourmand without being childish or syrupy sweet.it's very similar to L de Lolita but that one doesn't have the liquorice twist and it reaches drydown sooner
I love lira so much that it worthes every penny for me.it's among my top ten and I can never think of living without it.it makes me so relaxed that I even wear it before sleep(although I feel kind of guilty because it's pricy here,a 3.4 bottle is 200$ when it's heavily discounted,it's 300$ here when they sell it full price)
Longevity is great.it stays on my dry skin for more than 12 hours and I can smell it easily myself after hours
Xerjoff is one of my favorite niche brands.I've only tried lira,bouquet ideale,mefisto and granballo and I love all of them
❤❤❤❤❤

Bibi85
Bibi85

Lovely gourmand but with a twist and not cloying (Tendre Madeleine is incredibly sweet and has a cloying cinnamon touch compared to this one IMO. I don't think it is a dead dupe for this scent sadly and I disagree with the price of Lira even though I love the scent and always spray it on me in the shops). I was hoping Tendre Madeleine would be a close enough dupe so I got it instead and I am disappointed.

Back to LIRA:
The incredible thing in Lira is that while it is sweet the lavender, blood orange and hint of bergamot just break up the sweet vanilla/cinnamon mix with a touch of tuberose and tonka. It ends up being sweet, just a tad refreshing and a little floral herby. As well as changing with each hour in the dominance of each note it just does not want to make you gag (unlike Tendre Madeleine). I don't smell a lot of florals in here or musk directly but something of the sort is underlying in there most definetly.

Here a recommendation for others who like me find Tendre Madeleine too cloying (super strong and too cinnamony to the point of gagging). Try mixing it with a citrus based scent or tester you may come across (I had Annick Goutal - Eau d'Hadrien lying around so I tried). It did help get it a lot closer to Lira and less cloying. In future I will add some lavender oil and maybe an orange oil and experiment a bit, after all TM is cheap and 100 ml. I don't doubt it is possible to get it reasonably close to Lira with a bit of patience and effort. I would be interested to see if anyone else has come up with a similar concoction. If so please POST!

illahuasca
illahuasca

Agreeing that the similarities between this fragrance and L de Lolita Lempicka are remarkable. The latter has a slight curry/masala note from the addition of Immortelle. Lira is a bit rounder, sweeter, and smoother than L. L is a touch more floral in the drydown. The citrus and vanilla in both are strikingly similar. You can tell that the quality of Lira is higher from the strength of the scent and its longevity--it outlasts L by half.

If you have L de Lolita and want an upgrade, or dislike the curry spice note, I'd suggest Lira. If you already have Lira, there's no need to get L de Lolita. You already have the upgraded model :) In any case, you can still purchase L for around 60 dollars on eBay and I'd suggest it as a budget alternative if you're saving your cash. For me, it's worth it to own Lira!

LLB_addict

UPDATE: I can honestly say that I have never smelled anything like this....ever. How the notes combine with my skin and nose. I just keep shaking my head because it's hard to wrap around a combination that I have never experienced.

LLB_addict

People........I HAVE to tell you to wait - patiently - for the drydown! O.M.G.! So delicious! I thought, initially, that it was a "how can they charge that much for such a "meh" scent?!?!" But a half hour later.....it is EXACTLY how they describe it! Anyone need a left kidney? lol JK

Madrona
Madrona

I mean, it's nice. I see the comparison to L de Lolita Lempicka but they are clearly different. A surprising amount of bergamot and lavender comes out on my skin, flanked by caramel, cinnamon and vanilla (in that order), not a lot of blood orange. Absolutely no liquorice. Pleasant, but for that price it would need to give me a nose-gasm. It doesn't.

topdogrwd
topdogrwd

I feel the opening is very similar to Tendre Madeiline and Panah Italian Citrus. Lira has strong caramel settlement which can be overwhelming in hot weather so careful there.

Most of the fragrance lover prefer Lira because of its opening and base however at this price points I think tenra and Italian citrus are amazing grabs.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fruity floral with spicy and gourmand candied notes. I rarely wear fragrances like that but this is a very grown up sweet scent. It has citrus and lavender at the first spritz. I do love lavender. The jasmine flower is the only other flower I detect. It also has licorice and sweet notes of vanilla and caramel. It smells very girly but at the same time very sophisticated. I don't know what it is that makes this smell luxurious and elegant, like a caramelized version of a jasmine-Oriental perfume. It's an evening perfume because it does smell way too formal. It makes me want to wear my hair up and wear black gowns. It's luxurious, and although not mysterious, it has a bit of a "take me seriously" vibe, despite the licorice scent. Very nice perfume and the bottle is to die for. I don't know if this is still selling. I would prefer that all my reviews were of fragrances that can still be bought in order to entice my readers into either testing out the fragrance or going out to buy it.

ficusmuskus
ficusmuskus

Holly molly who designs these hideous bottles, seriously in one bottle they put a portrait a tassel and a spike all in gold!

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

My first foray into this house. Lira is truly a lovely vanilla gourmand. But not unlike other equally lovely vanillas for a fraction of the price.

uniqueq86
uniqueq86

عطر سويتي لذييذ اشبه برائحة الكيكة المخرومة في المنتصف(الألبا)اراه مائل للجانب النسائي وأفضل شبيه لعطر فانيليا من فرانك بوكلت

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

The word 'overrated' in itself seems 'overrated' in its use nowadays but if anything, this House fits this concept perfectly.

Yet somehow, it manages to have some of the Highest ratings on this site.

I mean, it's all good as I'm happy that people are taking to appreciating the definite step-up Niches are. But it's just I never understood Xerjoff lol.

The Quality is certainly there (mostly) but I feel is done at least as well or better by other Niche houses that charge much less.

Maybe it's just Xerjoff's 'style' but they seem to have a recurring theme of overdoing a certain note or accord that just doesn't fit what I want.

Well, nevermind about the rant. Lira is an intoxicating Gourmand that does everything that good gourmands have done.

Vanilla, opulent and rich, sweet black-candy and amazing hints of spice bun.

But then it adds the 'signature' Xerjoff citrus (orange) and floral (lavender). Why an Ultra-niche Outfit like Xerjoff insist on sticking to these notes, I have no idea and with reference to my rant above I cannot find myself liking it because of those designer-y notes that you can really detect.

It's just the nature of lavender I presume and Xerjoff seem to like theirs loud and powdery!

But I mainly think it's the associations to the most popular designers (Lolita Lempicka) that really get people going and Xerjoff just have this thing of relating to the crowd very well.

Their credit but as of now, the only one of their scents I like is Mamluk. Not this one for sure.

I rarely praise bottle designs too but in this case, just wow. Totally fantastic, it's a modern yet classic ornament in it's own image, amazing!

My rating: 5/10.
Scent Quality: 9/10.

danieq
danieq

This smells a great deal like many others in the genre. It's syrupy sweet, the caramel is strong. Very much a gourmand and it does this genre well, but it's not the least bit unique and so, for the price, I suggest finding something else in the genre for a fraction of this absurd price. I mean no offense, but to me, the purchase of a fragrance such as this, at this price point actually seems a bit like 'the emperor's new clothes'.

ETA: I have now acquired a dupe oil version of this from Universal Perfumes for the price of $3 since I purchased a lot of 12 different scents. The likeness is good and for this price, I'll very much enjoy wearing it. It's projection strikes me as more persistent than the original and the scent a bit deeper on the honeyed front. Lovely and a great value besides. I may experiment with adding so perfumer's alcohol to create an EDT.

SlasherLady
SlasherLady

Heard so much good about this, so I had to sniff it at the store..and oh my god. To my nose it was absolutely repulsive, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to smell like that. I was, unfortunately, really disgusted by it.

malia
malia

God!!! HELP!! I fell in LOOOOOVE with this one!!!

sunkissedcoral
sunkissedcoral

This is a masterpiece. I cannot exactly put into words the beauty and joy derived from smelling Lira. After spraying initially, I got a strong blast of spicy, yet musky licorice, lavender and blood orange, then it transforms into a strong, rich bergamot-vanilla and dries down to a sweet vanilla and caramel gourmand with a slightly boozy accord that manages to keep a dry composition. I like to blend it with Roxana's Illuminated Perfumes Figure 10: Blanc (a gourmand Tahitian vanilla bean orchid accord), which is a beeswax solid and I put that on first, then spray Lira, for a fuller, richer composition. For me, it's the perfect fall and winter fragrance. It exudes warmth, sensuality, and exquisite richness.

lilalina
lilalina

Amazing gourmand, candy sweet. Tangy, tart citrus. Beautiful quality, very gorgeous. Just wish the bottle which comes with the juice was more refined.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

This is nice, but as others have noted, it smells just like L de Lolita Lempicka. Cinnamon orange buns, very syrupy, thick and Christmas-y type of scent. Evokes the color dark orange in my head. It is rich and decadent, with great longevity and sillage.

However.. my main complaint is the price. For this kind of money, I would just go with the Lempicka (although discontinued, it can still be found readily and fairly inexpensively on ebay.)

ginepro
ginepro

Lira reminds me a lot of L de Lolita Lempicka. Lira is a soft, cozy, warm vanilla with a touch of citrus to freshen it up, and avoid it to be too sweet and cake like. It is nice in its softness but since L de Lolita Lempicka has been one of my favorites for years (and I just recently tried Lira), I will stick with my much more affordable L de LL for now (which also comes in a beautiful bottle!). Also for that price, I think I expect something more interesting than "just" a warm, very likable cinnamon-vanilla cake (which to me doesn't smell that much cinnamon even).

bcoops
bcoops

this is gourmand madness, i would go crazy smelling this on a woman!

can a guy pull this off?

13.th
13.th

point of no return.
a lethal embrace.
you cannot exempt by this scent.
no sweet but satisfying.
caramel liquefy on your skin whil vanille and licorice fasten your wrist.
lavender and musk breathe on your mouth.
it's the end.

والحمد لله رب العالمين
والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا محمد

new friend
new friend

Lira: عطر نسائي جورماندي بسبب كثافة الكراميل والفانيلا رغم الافتتاجية الحمضية الفوجيرية من برتقال الدم وبرتقال الدم والبرجموت الفل والقرفة وعرق السوس الواضح جدا جدا في القلب ثم القاعدة الجورماندية الكثيفة من الكراميل والمسك والفانيلا قد يغامر بعض الرجال باستعماله بسبب وجود القرفة وعرق السوس

PatrickM
PatrickM

This fragrance reminds me extremely of an "insider" perfume called GOLDEN DUST (aka Alraml Al Dahabi) which is a big hotcake in the GCC and also in Iran...

zimmer73
zimmer73

Love this! I bought a set from Casamorati with 6 small bottles, where Lira is one of the best..
Sweet and yummi, with a gourmand vibe to it.

mblair206
mblair206

I received this as part of the December 2015 Olfactif sample set called Coming Home. All three fragrances featured vanilla. I like a good vanilla scent but this one ranked number three out of the three. The other two fragrances were Vanille from DSH and Black Flower Mexican Vanilla from Dame Perfumery Scottsdale. In comparing Lira to Vanille and Black flower, Lira seemed a much sweeter fragrance on me. Black Flower is described as a dry and boozy vanilla where as Lira was described as a caramelized, floral vanilla.

To me Lira seemed more like the fruit of the vanilla, ripe, raw and juicy, rather than the essence of vanilla. So these elements lend that impression of a more 'wet' or sweet fragrance. Top and middle to me offer that sweet vanilla and perhaps the blood orange.

Then, interestingly, after dry-down I get an effervescence of the floral notes, they are ever so slight and fleeting with the a caramel-vanilla base. A little rose, and perhaps a little jasmine and lavender.

The fragrance seems a very thick-sweet-syrupy type vanilla. This is coming from someone who prefers a more oaky, boozy, whisky-like vanilla.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Oh... My... Word!!!
I know I have used the word 'amazing' many times before when describing a perfume... I just wanted to use it again for this ridiculously delicious Lira, but to be honest... amazing simply would not suffice to describe this masterpiece!
There's just no word to describe this heavenly deliciousness!
Lira just made me about to delete any fragrance off of my want list, just to put on only Lira itself...
This is soooooo expensive,... but I soooooo want a bottle of it now, I mean... DANG!!! This smells awesome!
The absolutely most perfect blend of Caramel, Orange, Cinnamon and Vanilla I have ever encountered!
I can't stop sniffing my wrist, it's so addictive... I'm in love!! Yes! With a perfume! Am I ashamed? No freakin' way!!!
It's official now,... the niche market has got my motor running, a few more tastes of fragrances like this and I'll be running out of fuel fast!
Oke,... I seriously got to clean out my want list... if y'all will excuse me, I'll be back later to update on performance, thanks! :)

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´

Edit: oke, this baby performs! I only sprayed my sample once and the sillage lingers really nice for 2 hours, then of course it settles down, becomes softer, but it lasts for many hours more!
*•.¸♥¸.•*´*•.¸♥¸.•*´*•.¸♥¸.•*´*•.¸♥¸.•*´*•.¸♥¸.•*´

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Lira is a delicious scent, no doubt about that. Its vanilla heart evokes equally sweet memories of my younger self....but....there is a very nice vanilla showergel by Yves Rocher that smells about 99% the same on me as this very expensive perfume.
Needless to say that I will never spend that kind of money on something that I can have for less at YR. Xerjoff cannot count me in on this one.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I have L by LL and also Tendre Madeleine by Lawrence Dumont.
To compare these three; L by LL would be a day time casual and very girly version, Lira the romantic one and Tendre Madeleine the evening powerhouse.
They're all very similar, Lira is more about the blood orange opening and the caramel dry down, it's serene and beautiful, like a warm cuddle by a loved partner. L by LL in this comparison is the caring mother, less citrusy, less caramelly and a bit more vanillary and heavier on the cinnamon.
Tendre Madeleine I would use if I want to smell straight up like a sexy cinnamon bun with lemon sprinkles, it also projects far more than it's cousins L and Lira.

I do appreciate Lira. It's extremely easy to wear, supremely cozy and with the 3 sprays I used it, never gets cloying. It does have excellent longevity as well, 10 hours on me.
The blood orange in the opening is mouth watering, the cinnamon provides an olfactory warming sensation and the vanilla and lavender mixed with a hint of musk, gives the impression of a fond embrace of naked bodies between clean sheets. It never gets overtly sexy, it never aspires to be, it's the girl you introduce to your parents and marry and treasure for life.

I actually don't feel the love for the bottle. To me it looks like cheap body lotion packaging. Nevertheless I would go FB if I didn't already have L and TM in my possession, two firm staples in my wardrobe.
Right now I will use up and very much enjoy my sample.
Thumbs up, thoroughly recommend trying.

Estebanz
Estebanz

I know what I'm going to say it's a big statement , but this crown jewel its already in my top 5 favorite fragrances in my entire collection as of right now,yes, is that good, presentation is drop dead gorgeous, the best presentation I've seen by far,and the scent,OMG the scent, the caramel on "LIRA" smells so good, it literally makes me wanna cry...the Blood Orange in LIRA is so juicy and mouth watery, it will make your mouth salivate,as simple as that,rich Blood Orange that has almost a Raspberry taste to it and a delicious sweet Cinnamon to add Spicy and distinctive character to the scent, ,and yes I said Taste,not just a smell,because this is not just a fragrance, once you experience this Hypnotic aroma you would understand what I mean,its so yummy,is ridiculous,then to make things even more nutty/yummy and irresistible I get an Almondy accord and the jasmine undertones just add the exotic expensive Floral Quality to the scent that at times feel dessert like due to the use of the best caramel Note I've ever come accross,and there is a slight bit of licorise as well, but in a nutshell what You gonna get from "LIRA" is all of this yummy elements (almond,licorise,blood orange,citruses, cinnamon, jasmine) all surrounded/ enveloped by the most spectacular caramel you could ever imagine.
OMG fragrance Family, this has been by far and without a doubt my best purchase this year.
I love every single one of the 16 Xerjoffs I currently own ,but "LIRA" might just be proclaimed as the crown jewel of them all. My New Queen LIRA.

Cereza
Cereza

I had extremely high expectations as this is the first fragrance from Xerjoff I've had the luck to get my hands on.

I've been also in crazy caramel run these past days and had sampled both caramel offerings from LINARI, both added to my FB purchase list

So I was very eager to try LIRA. I love cinnamon, so it was a no brainer that I would enjoy this. And yes I do. LIRA is a gourmand and extremely potent caramel/cinnamon fragrance. The blood orange at the opening and heart is also very strong, it actually disturbs the composition for me, though I seem to somehow enjoy it after the heart part as there cinnamon seems to dominate. Cinnamon in LIRA is very close to the real deal, it seems almost too foody, I mean - really, I can even smell the powdery quality to cinnamon powder used in baking. Isn't that crazy? Never expierenced this aspect of cinnamon.

I did not fall in love with LIRA. It seemed too edible, too cloying. When it finally calmed down in it's drydown phase, I was not happy about LIRA being too simple (really, just caramel with vanilla for me). It is a nice gourmand if you love these, but nothing too interesting to justify a FB.

Silage was all over the place and as for staying power - after 18 hours I could still feel traces of caramel on my wrist.

kayley123
kayley123

Lira is my HG scent...however, that said...
Laurence Dumont Tendre Madeleine is VERY close to Lira. In my side-by-side comparison, Lira had slightly better lasting power--Tendre Madeleine lasted about 6 hours, Lira lasted more like 9, but both were significantly weaker after about 3, with Lira more easily detectable the whole way.
The major difference I found was that the cinnamon in Tendre Madeleine disappeared quickly, but in Lira it hangs around for at least a few hours. There is also a slightly woody note to TM that makes it feel slightly more powdery to me. I got slightly more caramel from Lira also, whereas there is almond (still similar, just nutty and sweet instead of the buttery thick sweetness of caramel) in TM. Since I am a fan of cinnamon and caramel and am not such a fan of woody notes; I do still like Lira better. (But I only notice these differences if I am wearing them both at the same time and taking very close and careful sniffs.)

SO: although I like Lira slightly more, it is probably NOT worth $300 more! TM is a near-perfect dupe. I just wish the cinnamon lasted longer and was a bit stronger! And I prefer the sweeter, thicker caramel of Lira to the almond.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I get mostly caramel and blood orange, I can kind of smell the lavender/jasmine in the background. I found this perfume very interesting the first go-around, it used to be one of my faves, but it has gotten to the point where I just... don't like it. Something about the mix of caramel and blood orange just smells synthetic and strange to me. It lasts forever, though.

SarahNichole
SarahNichole

Wow, this smells just like Tendre Madeleine, which I already own at a fraction of the price. I put my Lira sample on one wrist and a spritz of the Laurence Dumont on the other, and I can't tell the difference at all. The quality, the scent, the silage, the longevity, they're all the same. The only difference I can find at all is that TM costs $40 for 50 ml and Lira costs $295 for 75 ml. It's a gorgeous fragrance, but I'll stick with the more affordable option.

yacoco
yacoco

I wish it less sweet I love the bottle anyway lovely smell and yummy
long lasting

deborahfrancoise
deborahfrancoise

I'm so fonf of this perfume, but I'm not sure of its longetivity. I don't smelle it on me ! It's a pity, because it's so fine !

Attar
Attar

Very Sensual, rich, floral-gourmand, a bit coniferous. Tasty fairy-tale in a bottle. For cold (autumn-winter) time is a perfect match. Uncomparable weapon of allure, charme, enchantement.
I'd recommend this odeur for brunettes from 20+ (maybe 25+), seeking for undisputable weapon of stealing men's hearts (surtout, jeunes hommes)!

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

If somebody ask me to describe this scent in only one word I would say it is a MASTERPIECE.
It is by far one of the best sweet gourmand parfum I ever wore in all my life, simply wonderful !!
The blend of vanilla and cinnamon makes this fragrance very sweet and of course it is not so good to wear in a place like the one I live when summer reaches 40 degrees and winter does not reaches below 20 degrees.
It is a very sophisticated and elegant scents perfect to wear in a cold or rainy day.
This starts with a bergamot, whith a dark and sexy shadow (blood orange and lavender). And then it develops into a delicious and powerful vanilla with a warm hint of caramel and cinnamom to die for wich will last all day long. Wonderful !!!

Kankuro
Kankuro

Lira is a scent for lovers of very sweet gourmand parfums (I am one of those). If you spray it on, all you will get is a hypnotic and sensual blend of vanilla and cinnamon, with a hint of fruity blood-orange. Lira is probably the sweetest fragrances one could imagine, it smells like christmas! Almond biscuits, sand tarts, cinnamon star cookies... Lira is soothing and after a half an hour I can smell candied rose and jasmine petals. It's not a strong floral aroma, just a hint to keep Lira interesting. You would think that such a sweet perfume has to smell very sticky, but Lira is elegant and not at all sticky.

The base is soft with less cinnamon, but more vanilla and caramel. The musk is really faint, but that's ok. Who wants a gourmand parfum which is animalic (animalic christmas cookies are not funny!)? The lasting power is amazing, just spray once and the fragrance will last all day, with plenty of sillage.

BEWARE: XerJoff released a fragrance called ,,Verona 010" last year, which was a limited edition (only 101 bottles were made). Now that all of those limited bottles are gone, they released Lira which is identical to the discontinued Verona 010. The Verona was $424,50 for 3.4 fl.oz. Lira is $305,64 for 2.5 fl.oz.