Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

Nio Xerjoff for men

Nio Xerjoff for men
dislike

Nio Xerjoff for men Pictures

Nio perfume from the Shooting Stars Collection is a refreshing stroll through the southern Italian countryside. Rich and tasty Calabria bergamot and neroli are mixed with mysterious spicy notes of cardamom, nutmeg and pink pepper. This unique combination is blended with a dry woody base of cedar and Guaiac wood, Haiti vetiver, amber and Indian patchouli to create a timeless blend of romantic memories. Nio is a lasting example of elegance and style.

> It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Nio was launched in 2009.

Neroli Bergamot Green Notes

Nutmeg Cardamom Pink Pepper Jasmine

vetyver Patchouli Guaiac Wood Virginia Cedar Amber

Eau Parfumee au The Bleu
Mandarine Glaciale

Nio Fragrance Reviews

heathhaze
heathhaze

What a rare feat is this. An encapsulated Mediterranean orchard, complete with sunlight - something that I thought would never be possible, seems to have been bottled by Xerjoff. In my holy grail search for a citrus based fragrance that would last longer than my ability to hold my breath underwater, with a projection that would extend beyond my noggin, Neo seems to be that rare thing, a multi-season citrus based gem. Dries down to a beautiful mixture of neroli and woods. You will have to mortgage your soul to purchase this, but you will smell great when you have to go down there!

Leo8780
Leo8780

Nio is the best citrus based fragrance i have smelled to date. The opening scent is not the greatest or freshest but this one lasts like no other. While it is pricey, you definitely get your money's worth out of this one. Neroli comes through and settles with a woody base for a bright fresh scent that can withstand the heat of summer. It shines in spring and summer months while other citrus based fragrances would have already faded. The only downfall is the price.

ivanserbolin
ivanserbolin

Timeless creating from Italian Luxury Fragrance House. Immediately captures you and your senses, feelings and attention with its splendid Mediterranean Citrus and Spice accord, involving you every moment in a summer whirl of warmth, freshness and openness. Different plants and woods from all over the world support lasting power of the fragrance and unleash all imaginary borders letting you accept universal freedom.

Gabri031982
Gabri031982

Luxury is The only Word apply to this masterpiece , this is The Summer édition of clive Christian x , if you Know What i mean .
It Would be an easy 10/10 if The projection And longevity are more stronger And for The Price tag ( if its 100 ml bottle or atleast 75 ml no problem )
This is unique , i sampled over 600 perfumes And never smelt it in any of my samples , and im sure No one can mention a single similar scent .
Enjoy !

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

It opens with lemon and Neroli. Then it follows by Cardamom and Pink Pepper in the middle note.
I think the scent of lemon,neroli and Cardamom are more dominant in this masterpiece.I recommend it for all seasons.The dry-down is very soft.
I suppose that the projection is good and the longevity is considered moderate.
It is a masculine.
I recommend it for using on days and nights.
This perfume is my recommendation for those who like soft scent.It really smells awesome.BLIND BUY it.
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

SirCharles
SirCharles

The opening is a familiar neroli/citrus blend, but once I got about 20 minutes into the drydown, this fragrance made me just stare into the distance and whisper "holy. shit."
The neroli and citrus freshness sticks around, but once it starts to get backed up by the cardamom, patchouli, and woods, this fragrance becomes absolutely unreal. This is the fragrance you wear when you're overlooking the Sahara Desert at dusk with a beautiful woman by your side who is intoxicated by your scent drifting on the desert wind. Nio has gentle dominance to it that I've smelled in very few other perfumes. Fresh and smooth with a bit of warmth, this is one of the most elegant and distinguished perfumes I've ever smelled.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - neroli, vetiver & bergamot.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Does anyone notice the uncanny resemblance of this with Atelier Cedrat Enivrant?

I cannot justify this purchase because it is so stinking close to cedrat enivrant....ughhhhh

fsulka
fsulka

Where to begin with Xerjoff's Nio. It is breathtaking, fresh citrus and so natural smelling. I only have a small decant of 15ml. I wish I had a full bottle but it is so expensive. I don't ever see me being without this fragrance . I will find splits and individual decants when I can to make sure this stays in my warmer weather rotation. If you haven't smelled this fragrance you really need to. I believe I paid $50 for my 15ml which is actually a pretty good bargain. I realize how silly that must sound because there are many fragrances in which you can get a full bottle for $50. However, those fragrances aren't Nio. Nio is exceptional and is priced accordingly.

ChubbyPillow93
ChubbyPillow93

First of all, I am NOT RICH and I was just a student when I bought it.
But this fragrance is just too fantastic for me.

I remember the first time that I sprayed this on my wrist, and I was totally amazed.Just like some reviews said, the citrus notes in it is sparkling and juicy, with a bit green note on its side, it's almost an explosion of citrus.As a "citrus maniac" I've tested like 80 or more citrusy fragrances, a lot of them cannot even meet the condition of being juicy and refreshing——and some of them have only a few seconds of pleasurable beginning and then they turned into some aromatic mass. Nio doesn't have these flaws.

Xerjoff Nio, compared to most of the citrusy fragrances I've tested, is almost "freezing cold", it doesn't have the sweet trait of bergamot, though there's some neroli in it.BTW I can also smell mint in it(idk why mint is not in the pyramid).You're gonna need this in a burning-hot summer day, trust me.

And the last thing I want to say is:
The bottle is incredibly gorgeous.BELLISSIMISSIMO!

iam_aries
iam_aries

Fresh! Remarkable! Zesty! Enchanting! Sprightly!

Just a few things that come to mind. The embodiment of summer. Like walking down an orchard. Orange, bergamot & a myriad of citrus trees with a hint of that damp vetiver in the air because it rained yesterday. A stroll through the Italian countryside. Or... browsing a fruit stand at a farmer's market, stopping by to smell and sample a juicy orange. In the background you smell the wood & wood-shavings or hay from the box that was used for packaging.

Versatile since it's relatively work safe, can be worn in summer or winter (it does remarkably well for a citrus based perfume). Among the best of citrus scents IMHO.

landshark321
landshark321

It seemed appropriate to try Nio as my first Xerjoff, as Nio is one of the more hyped warm-weather high-end niche fragrances that repeatedly shows up in reviewers' top lists, though the hype makes an objective review more difficult with the expectations unavoidably higher, especially given the price ($260 for 50ml, $490 for 100ml).

Two common core top notes, bergamot and neroli, provide for one of the more intense openings I've experienced, but as it dries down and the spiciness comes out via the pink pepper and cardamom, I cannot help but detect a synthetic peach vibe. I'm not sure what creates this sweetness, but it probably takes the peachiness from a certain combination of non-peach notes like Hermes' Un Jardin en Méditerranée. This is, to me, what holds this fragrance from being truly great, and instead is simply good, to my nose, but I would say that this warrants smelling, probably by both men and women.

7 out of 10

youngfragranceconnoisseur
youngfragranceconnoisseur

My first impression of this fragrance is that is smells like cheap detergent. Honestly I was so surprised because I love bergamot, but this does not smell like bergamot 22 or acqua di parma's bergamotto di calabria. Not very impressed with this fragrance, especially for the price!

steve1991
steve1991

Waaaaay overpriced. They should have spent more money on the juice, less on the presentation. If you got money spilling out of you, grab some and buy it.

waelh
waelh

I want to get the 100 ml bottle.
If someone knows where to get it pm me.

Pare159
Pare159

Too much hype. Bergamont quality summer fresh with other citrus notes. Nice but Eh over rated there are others that can do the job better.

cityscape
cityscape

This is a very well done citrus fragrance. The smell is very natural and longevity (even on top notes) is strong. I respect this fragrance, but it just doesn't wow me. I think this is in part because while well done, it is a fairly straight-forward and singular smell, IMHO.

For those who can't find a sample but want to know what this smells like, it's very similar to Bliss's lemon scented soap to me.

I also have a sample of Uden (same house) and find it more pleasing, especially in the dry down.

amirdoust
amirdoust

I usually don't write reviews or anything, but for Nio I just have to. Great and amazing fragrances don't necessarily have to be complex. One way a fragrance can be great is by taking simple ingredients composing it with the utmost quality. Nio is simple, it opens with a blast of green notes along with bergamot. I usually dislike bergamot because it can easily smell like dishwashing liquid/cleaning products (this fact along with Summer heat + sweat makes the typical fragrances of this genre a nightmare). In Nio, the bergamot is photo-realistic, in the same way Orange Sanguine has a natural smelling blood-orange note. After a while you can smell some nice lush neroli. Neroli as Roja Dove says, easily puts a smile on your face. The drydown is very nice and woody. If you could liquefy the sun on a bright spring day, along with the energetic and positive feelings associated with it the result would be Nio. Nio has great projection for a citrus fragrance and is very long lasting as it has 31% perfume content. Add the high quality in with its performance and you can see why Nio is a winner in my book.
Peace

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

Opens very natural, smells like bergamot still in shell, stem and leaves, not much citric, but with a slight floral touch and delicate, remains so for a long time.

After an hour the natural scent evolves into a soapy smell creamy , expensive soap by the way, and so he spends most of his time on my skin.

Finally, I smell some spices getting more attention. Middle longevity in me, good aroma, but in my humble opinion, common good, nothing surprising for the price it costs.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Nio is a fragrance you can say, improves our mood and it's impossible not to like.
A breath of freshness, opens with a natural citrus blast, bergamot with a beautiful green chord reconciled and aromatic nuances and a floral touch of an amazing neroli, which cleans, purifies the soul, a legitimate royal bath.
In drying appears discrete woody nuances, is a rich citrus excellence, with a refined and so natural aspect that comes desire to drink.

class
class

Wow! over $250. for 50 ml.?! No thank you, it's much too pricey. I'll stick to FABU's plush for a citrus juice, which is great and is much more cost effective.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

The opening is a dead ringer for Boucheron Por Homme EDP. Roughly 30 minutes later its the same thing but more subdued and softer.

If you like this you should definitely experiment with Boucheron before you commit. Chances are you will go for the Bocuheron.

Not worth considering IMO.

seekritdude
seekritdude

A neroli bomb on my skin. Very soapy, clean, fresh sorta smell. That as it dries down becomes greener and woodier. I suppose if you like stuff like neorli portofino, pradas amber etc that sorta vibe you will probably like this. Just a of course because of the price better quality yadda yadda. But you know what for me.. This one is meh

Let me say that I dont care for neroli in general. It just doesnt do anything for me. And considering the rave reviews this gets, its kinda lost on me. Not wowed at all myself. So I guess what im basically trying to say, despite the hype for this. If you are like me and are whatever towards neroli frags, this will not change your mind. There is nothing ground breaking about this, no interesting twist on it, to make you think twice about the next neroli fragrance to come in the future...

For what its worth as well, some of the props for this fragrance have been that not only does it do this type well, but performance wise its great. For me, it was nothing special. And just average. =/ Maybe it was my sample but hey thats what I got...

A pass from me.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

اذا اردت ان ارشح لك عطر يحتوي ويرتكز على الحمضيات الرائعه المنعشة فحتما انه
Nio

البداية واضحة للحمضيات ولكن ليس ابدا كما تتخليها في الكولنيا
البداية برقموت نيرولي وروائح خضراء
الثلاثي ذلك بالنسبة
اقرب الى رائحة الترنج واوراق البرتقال وكذلك الترنج الجافة تخيل عندما تقطع الترنج وتضع عليها قليلا منال السكر اليس ذلك لذيذ ومنعش وجميل هذا هي بداية العطر مع لمسة دافئة جدا من الهيل قد تلمح اضا بعد رائحة خضراء كاناه رائحة الخيار
ساضيف لاحقا تطور العطر

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Wow, only two months and I'm STILL raving about this one....... "The Holy Grail" of all citruses.......... SERIOUSLY though....., frags differ from nose-to-nose so many may disagree with what I have to say about Nio and I totally respect that.... Having talked at length about this summer citrus beauty, I'd love to read some of YOURS in fragland- your TOP 10 citrus-based niche scents!!!

Here are mine:

*James Heeley Sel Marin
*Sospiro Verde Accento

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

On of the best citrus scents out in the niche market! I like it but simply cannot love it enough. The cleanest bergamot scent I have ever smelled!

Every note in Nio is exquisitely crafted and the quality is apparent right form the get go.
The opening is bright wonderful bergamot so natural but not at all sharp and with a leafy green nature prehaps with some galbanum too? reminiscent of Ninfeo Mio from Annick Goutal.
It then goes very much into the white floral territory with waxy, clean neroli coming to the forefront in the next few minutes. Then the florals get sweeter with jasmine which completely makes this fragrance better than the neroli alone. I smell a warm base in the drydown and the subtlest hint of cardamom.
Still a very good effort from Xerjoff, Nio is a superior citrus/white floral to be sure, definitely among the best I've tried but if you're not that keen on this sort of fragrance it still doesn't quite convince me enough to love it.
Longevity and projection are pretty poor too.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

It has often been said that wearing Xerjoff's Nio is like taking a leisurely stroll alongside the Italian countryside.... Never been to Italy personally (BUCKET LIST), but I can say the following about this Holy Grail of Citrus:

Xerjoff Nio's opening is the most beautiful citrus opening I've EVER come across. It sparkles, shines, sparkles, it radiates, it's shines like a brilliant sun....

The bergamot is somewhat tart & tangy, it tantalizes the senses and reminds me of my childhood and one of those Starbursts that just explodes in your mouth- you know, that tingling sensation on the tongue that you feel when you get that blast of juices and citrus .

Very full bodied, well-rounded and it has tremendous bouyancy for a "Citrus scent"..... IMO, that punch of Jasmine gives the Neroli that strength coupled with some creaminess contributing to its longevity.

It's projection is beyond strong, it is DyNaMiC! The top notes are REAL BEASTS considering what they are composed of. Based on past experience, I came in expecting these vivacious top notes to just fade quickly and settle into the base. For me, this citrus is abnormal and I mean that in a GOOD WAY! For those of who find citrus based scents very boring, linear and uninspiring- then get ready to have all your notions turn upside down.....

About 4 - 5 hours in the citrus notes finally begin to transition into the heart and Nio's true nature reveals itself as a Vetiver based fragrance complimented by spicy notes. At this point, it begins to kind of hold closer to the skin, but interestingly, still radiates with the slightest perspiration or movement...

Overall Xerjoff Nio is for ME: one of the all time great citrus based fragrances I've ever come across. I challenge you- the reader to please enlighten me, if you've come across any that will force this Monarch to abdicate his thrown..... Masterpiece??? Absolutely. And probably THE FINEST in its class. What it accomplishes is nothing short of a miracle: the appearance is simple and repetitive, but the result is magnificence with depth and complexity.....

To you all I say this: BUY IT! Buy it blind....... And luxuriate in the osmotic power of this masterpiece from the house of Xerjoff....

Projection - 8.5/10

Scent - 9.510

Longevity - 9/10: Like no other citrus I've ever seen...

Compliments - 10/10

Roge'
Roge'

6F Club stuff right here. Fun, Fresh, Floral, Friendly-Faced, Fortifying and Favorited. Without looking at the notes, I was given the impression that I was inhaling a heavy dosage of Lily of the Valley and maybe Osmanthus. After scanning the note listing, I can see why I hypothesized that. The alleged Osmanthus was actually the combination of Bergamot with Neroli and "my" so-called Lily was actually the Green Notes/Jasmine combo. In a nutshell the first 30min has a nuance of Dove white beauty bar with lime. The added pink pepper gives this the transcedency needed to overthrow citrus based frags in its classification. The woody basenotes in Nio are commonly found in gourmand scents but no worries; Acqua Di Nio(As I call it) never takes the gourmand path of doom, hence staying true to its personality of zesty clean fun. There are an abundance of people that are turned off by Xerjoff prices but this is absolutely the Xerjoff worth buying. Prepare to sunbathe in Nio for the next few summers....

BLIND BUY WORTHY

GMK
GMK

Fresh , cool , minty and spicy from the top till the end, a very good option for hot and humid climate due to loads of citrus (I also detect a hint of Lemon ) and cooling mint, along with Vetiver, I definitely smelt a similar fragrance before and its none other than Guerlain Homme a Mojito based fragrance which I prefer over it keeping in view the price , longevity and originality.

Jwaks
Jwaks

There are kings. And then there is the king of kings. When it comes to green, fresh, floral citrus scents. Nio is the king of kings. Alpha and the Omega.

MyNoseKnowsThose
MyNoseKnowsThose

This is hands-down my favorite cologne. Aventus was my go-to cologne until I purchased this and it has sidelined my previous favorite. The notes are masterfully configured resulting in perfection in a bottle. This truly is the Michael Jordan of fragrances, not just citrus-based, but fragrances in general. It's a bit pricy but if you can afford a bottle, I without a doubt say its worth it. Perfect for all occasions.

prodigy
prodigy

My oh my i will make this short and sweet. This is the best citrus fragrance i have smelt to date. Very fresh, green citrus that actually lasts. Smells like the peel of a lemon but much better. I will have to agree this is the holy grail of citrus scents. So invigorating. The only fragrance from the shooting stars line that I personally think is worth owning. Smells nothing like mosaic. You don't get any mineral water pavement vibe from Nio.

LupeX
LupeX

Xerjoff Nio's opening is the most beautiful citrus opening you will ever come across. It sparkles, shines, dazzles, is bright, it's blindingly brilliant, like a flawless diamond - that describes the teXture of its opening.
With bergamot that is so tangy, tart and tantalising that one gets that tingling sensation on the tongue that you feel when u taste lime juice. This ultra naturalistic accord is given eXtra bouyancy with the heft and creaminess of the Jasmine and Neroli. What you get is a citrus accord that is amplified beyond belief. It's projection is beyond strong, it is eXplosive!
Where Nio is a miracle is in the tenacity of those top notes. On a subconscious level, we're trained by repetition of eXperience to sense the vibrancy of zesty top notes fade quickly ... Nio's top notes seem to defy all that is normal. I call Nio the supernatural citrus. I say this as a person who has always held disdain for citrus fragrances, describing them as basic and boring
About 4 - 5 hours in the citrus notes finally begin to transition into the heart and Nio's true nature reveals itself as a Vetiver based fragrance complimented by spicy notes. These notes were always there as the woody base that the citrus composition rests its laurels on.
Overall Xerjoff Nio is one of the all time great citrus based fragrances I've ever come across.
This is a masterpiece. Truly one of the finest in its class. It manages to seem simple but it has profound compleXity and depth.
It's my most complimented fragrance. Illiciting oohs and aaahs from perfect strangers at an alarming rate. Its performance is incredible for an aromatic citrus woody fragrance.
Longevity - 9/10 *for a citrus
Projection - 10/10
Scent - 10/10
Compliments - 10/10

lwil6605
lwil6605

This is the holy grail of citrus scents. Bergamot specifically.
*women find this "delicious" I heard that 2 or three times now and iv'e only been wearing it about a week.

walkdogg
walkdogg

Nio is a spiced, citrus neroli-orange floral scent. It walks in the same line as Voyage d'Hermes EDP version. It has a strong white floral base through which the brightest, freshest citrus notes radiate from.

This is a definite summer scent, but, because the citrus in play is a kin to the same citrus scent which relate themselves to the holidays, it may just be a reasonable scent to wear throughout the holiday season as well.

Sadly, I cannot say that I find to be Full Bottle worthy, however, it certainly stands as the reference standard for neroli, nutmeg, cardamom collabo's.

fuckoff123
fuckoff123

If you like citruses this will be your personal God. Nio is very thick and projects like nothing i've ever smelled, from just one spray.

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

This is really nice! Fresh as hell!
But try Hermes Voyage before you buy this...
that price is much better than this...

velb95
velb95

EN
I discovered this company at the fair Fragranze 2012 in Florence Italy. It wasn't easy to find then the store that sells fragrances to the regular customer like me, but in the end I was able to buy the whole line from the site ausliebezumduft.de

I must say that there is a system to buy perfumes Xerjoff paying the relatively low price (the normal price of the bottle of 50 ml is up to US$ 260-325).

Since the Shooting Stars line and the Oud Stars line are the masterpieces of artistic perfumery, it is worth to buy the Shooting Stars - Discovery Sets - Part One and Part Two and Oud Stars Collection - Discovery Set that cost US$ 208 for each of the first two sets and US$ 254 for the Oud collection set. Of course there are the Discovery Sets for
XJ17/17 Collection (US$ 331) and XJ Casamorati 1888 Vintage Collection (US$ 182), but personaly I do not like the last two lines, so I didn't order them.

In each set there are 6 fragrances of 15ml each and therefore the price for a volume of 50 ml drops to US$116 for Shooting Stars collection and to US$142 for Oud Stars collection instead of USD$ 260 and US$ 325 for full version bottles.

IT
Ho scoperto questa casa di profumi alla fiera Fragranze 2012 a Firenze. Non era poi facile di trovare il negozio che vendesse i profumi ad un mortale come me, ma alla fine sono riuscito ad acquistare tutta la linea dal sito ausliebezumduft.de

Devo dire che c'è un sistema per comprare i profumi di Xerjoff al prezzo relativamente molto basso (il prezzo normale della bottiglietta di 50 ml arriva a circa €200-250).

Visto che tutta la linea Shooting Stars e la linea Oud Stars sono i capolavori della profumeria artistica, vale la pena a comprare il Shooting Stars - Discovery Sets - Part One and Part Two e Oud Stars Collection - Discovery Set che costano €160 per ciascuno dei primi due e €195 per la collezione Oud. Ovviamente esistono anche i Discovery Sets per
XJ17/17 Collection (€255) e per XJ Casamorati 1888 Vintage Collection (€140), ma quest'ultimi a me non piacciono.

Nel ciascun set ci sono 6 profumi nelle bottigliette di 15ml e quindi il prezzo per un volume di 50ml crolla a €89 per Shooting Stars collection e €109 per Oud Stars invece di €200 per Shooting Stars e di €250 per Oud Stars.

QVT
QVT

Quite simply the best citrus I've ever smelled in a fragrance. I don't care how they did it, whether or not it's "synthetic" or "natural" or anything. It just smells so good. This stuff is completely gorgeous. I love it less when the citrus burns off, but that first hour is incredible. Excellent longevity of the marginally more generic heart and base. Wish it was less expensive, as I often do. Avoid the silly box and get the silk pouch with 100 ml!

Scent (first hour): 10/10
Scent overall: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

dulcimeire.andrade
dulcimeire.andrade

Wonderful !!!!

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

Nio Xerjoff for men starts with a huge bunch of citruses. The note of Calabria bergamot and neroli is pretty good to recognize. On my first impression it is chemical, like some cleaning agents, but then it is turning into one of the most natural scents I ever smelled, tipical of all Xerjoff perfumes. Delicious and fresh, without being a typical Citrus Aromatic.
With the citruses notes make Xio smell like a addictive! The cedar is skulking somewhere in the background and therefore it is hardly noticeable, but the combination of vetiver and patchouli in the drydown is wonderful and create a timeless blend of romantic memories.
To me Nio is pure relaxation in a bottle, bright, sparkling and joyful, wonderful for spring / summer nights.

Long story made short: Top quality (synthetic) citruses on a well balanced spicy/woody base. Far from being original or groundbreaking (I think I've seen this before) yet pretty darn good if you like the genre. Fresh and energizing. Overpriced.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

This is a lovely fragrance. Like all the Xerjoffs I've sampled, it appears to be of the highest quality and construction. I don't know how they do it, but it's one of the few citruses that can carry the note (well) beyond the top notes. Xerjoff should be proud of this juice - it's very nicely done. If you want a citrus-neroli perfume with a very elegant base of various woods this just might be it. That said, I personally can't get past the cost here. You'll need to sample it for yourself to gauge whether it's "worth it". For me, if I want this sort of light, citrusy scent, I have no dearth of bottles on my counter already which I love very much. Nio isn't distinctive enough to warrant another.