Designers » T-Z » Woody Chypre « Groups

Richwood Xerjoff for women and men

Richwood Xerjoff for women and men
dislike

Richwood Xerjoff for women and men Pictures

Xerjoff collection of fragrances is so alluring that each new edition attracts attention of the public. XJ 17/17 collection has been presented recently, in flacons with spray as eau de parfum. Two brand new editions have been added to this luxury collection at the same time.

Xerjoff XJ 17/17 includes 6 fragrances available as EDP, in spray flacons shaped like flacons of the Shooting Stars collections. Two new fragrances are named Damarose and Richwood and they promise a great concept with their names.

XJ Richwood is a fragrant saga intertwined of the finest notes composed by prominent perfumers from Grasse. A rare and precious ingredient Mysore sandalwood will take you for a fragrant journey along with luminous accords of lemon, queen rose and elegant patchouli. The fragrance can be purchased as 100ml EDP. Richwood was launched in 2010.

Bergamot Grapefruit Tangerine

Damask Rose Black Currant

Patchouli Sandalwood Labdanum Vanilla Musk

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel

Richwood Fragrance Reviews

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I think this has way more in common with Histoires de Parfums "Ambre 114" than "Coromandel" in my opinion. In fact I find them practically identical.

"Richwood" is all patchouli oil, rose and plush vanilla powder, with very little woodiness to speak of. The patchouli is fairly clean here, in contrast to "Coromandel" which is unabashedly rubbery and dank in its opening. The rose has an ozonic watery quality owed to the blackcurrant note and there's a transparent, soapy 'baby-wipe' accord in the background. If I didn't have the notes in front of me, I might have pegged iris as the culprit, but I'm guessing the labdanum and grapefruit are giving off an acutely bitter tang which I find to be rather shrill and unpleasant for the first 30 minutes, at least until it gets softened under the vanilla.

As for sandalwood, I hardly detect it. Sifting through the oily, soapy powder, I'm sure it's in there somewhere giving a creamy substance to the composition, but it's certainly not the authentic Mysore I was expecting for this price. "Tam Dao" is a much richer and more realistic sandalwood perfume in my view.

Overall "Richwood" is a feminine powdery amber very similar to more affordably priced alternatives such as "Ambre 114" and "L'Eau d'Ambre" by L'Artisan. Nice, but not great.

ConsumerThis

This is a great fragrance, but to cost more than ll it's weight in gold , I find that hard to swallow and I'd pay no more than $200 per a full bottle, anything more than that you're really just getting pounded...HARD

rumpusraider
rumpusraider

Having tried various Sandalwood (or supposedly Sandalwood) based fragrances, I was certain this note was not for me. Reading these reviews even cemented that thought even more...until last Thursday.

Stopping by my local store, I was told by the proprietor that they just received both Kobe and Richwood. I tried both, one on each arm.

Richwood's opening is, to me, in a single word, foul. It reminds me a great deal of Roja Dove "Danger" and Guerlain "Heritage", neither of which appeal to me or work with my skin.

What happened next was magical. The skanky Danger-esque opening subsided and was replaced with a deep, fragrant but fresh patchouli and rose (I did not get any black currant) that was somewhat reminiscent of Chypre Palatin. Even later, the fragrance changes and I finally got to the combination of Sandalwood and Patchouli and vanilla.

Longevity is AMAZING. The awful opening lasted all of 15 minutes with the mid going for 2-4 hours and the base extending its life to around 10.

I have not found too many fragrances where the base is my favorite part of the fragrance (Caligna is a notable exception). Undoubtedly pricey for the FB, this is DEFINTLEY one of the best Sandalwood fragrances around and a definite buy if money is no object. If money is an issue, I strongly suggest getting a decant...

This stuff is AWESOME.

ConsumerThis

This is some very powerful juice guys! Super powerful and lasts forever. It better considering one could pay their monthly mortgage for the price of a new bottle.
It's not Home Depot aisle wood. I didn't like it at first bc I was expecting a hardcore wood fragrance. It's dry and dusty feeling. This is what I would expect a billionaire to smell like on a night out on the town. It does a powdery vibe to it as well. I need more time with my large sample, but these are just my first thoughts and impressions

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - sandalwood, patchouli & vanilla.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

Majja67
Majja67

Has no one noticed how close this one is to Thierry Mugler Angel? The rawmaterials are without a doubt very high quality and not synthetic in theire scent , but anyway this is as close to Angel in impression you can come!

K1
K1

Don't let the title fool you, you're not reading reviews on a pure woody fragrance. Richwood is warm, moving and strange boozy inky in the opening with bold-yet-filtered and rendered patchouli.

Then it transforms into more woodsy vibes but patchouli is still the king. It's an archetypal floral woodsy fragrance with iris and patchouli based on soft powdery creamy structure of rose and sandalwood. In overall it's a nice classy powdery sweet woody fragrance, nighty and formal. No innovation but the title but the quality is astonishing. It has precisely calculated projection and tenacity. I imagine it could be released under Creed boundaries and would have brought more success.
★★★★

Fragboy702
Fragboy702

Just purchased this and i have to say this reminds me so much as my Xerjoff dhajala.very similar. Both have that very smooth creamy vanillic floral vibe.Yea this has a bit more woods and sandalwood and dhajala has a bit more cinnamon.to the average nose they won't tell the diff.i blind bought it, can't complain it's very sexy.this is also somewhat similar to my sospiro capriccio which is also from the xerjoff franchise.and yes they all 3 got similarities but differences also of course.

JMSG
JMSG

Did this one right. Ordered a sample, adored it, waited and pondered. After some months, finally bought (my God, the price!). It arrived two days ago.

Unboxed it in front of one of our two resident skeptics, the Rational Engineer. The Rational Engineer is tolerant of my fragrance hobby, but understanding; he is the same way with guitars, and knows that everyone has their Thing.

(Understand that the RE wishes that there were rabbit pellets for people, so that they wouldn't have to think about how to fuel themselves all the time, they could just graze all day and every nutritional requirement would be taken care of. The RE is profoundly practical.)

I sprayed my inner arms and right away held one out for him to sniff. His face lit up. And throughout the day, whenever I offered him my arm again-- as I did occasionally because Richwood tells a beautiful long story-- he was never bored. I knew more what to expect and was gratified; for him, it was an ongoing revelation. Every time he smelled it his eyes widened and I could see him thumping his metaphorical tail.

Yesterday I said, "I think you should have this." And instead of "Nah," or "Why?" he said "Thank you."

Richwood is all the good things everyone has said in previous reviews: "complex and wonderful," "spectacular and extraordinary," even "a creamy, sexy dream." But it is also surpassingly elegant. It smells divine on man or woman. I don't care if the RE wears it or I do, as long as I get to be around it frequently.

Trying to imagine which famous person or character would wear this, but it demands very careful thought.

(Most of a day later) John of Gaunt (1340 - 1399). Richwood is a noble, universally attractive, epic scent. (Two days after that: also Lord Asriel from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, whenever his manservant might remind him of it. This is how you get a powerful witch to sleep with you, not to speak of Mrs. Coulter.)

Recently the RE went so far as to say: "I kind of like this." While he was wearing it. Which, for him, is huge.

seekritdude
seekritdude

This is a interesting scent to me if simply because, many fragrances I feel will leave you with a nice scent trail to bring you in, and then for better or worse once smelling it up close you can decide if you like it or not.

This is the opposite. I do not like this scent the first couple of hours from far away. Its pretty unpleasant I think I get a lot of patchouli and rose and im not a fan. But if you fight through this to take in some big wiffs up close the first couple hours are nice. And you get that great fruity mix with the black current etc, and its nice with the sandlewood etc....

As it dries down you lose this gross(imo)patchuli rose combo, and its easier to enjoy, but at the same time, by the time this happens the funniest part of the fragrance the nice fruity mix to it note wise have all disappeared.

After that your basically left with a smokeyish sandlewood, that slowly because much more sweet as the vanilla comes out more and more. Which is pleasant but nothing amazing for the price. Not that any portion of this fragrance would ever be worth the price for me but, it is what it is.

For what its worth, the first performance on this I thought was pretty decent, especially the first couple hours but again I dont like it from far away at the same time so maybe it seemed strong because of that???? But ya for what ive tried in performance/longevity is good.

Also id like to say at least in terms of frag com talking about great sandlewood fragrances to try this is waaaaaaaaay better and smells way more like sandlewood to me then something like that le labo cucumber santel 33 or whatever it is lol.

Q80
Q80

to be honest it's not the bombing as everybody is describing! it's a fair bunch of wood bench sticks, mixed with fruitable notes like black currant i would say with a hint of vanilla sweetner, and a bit of cloying sugar on top with Xerjoff's signature of anise note. i thought for once it will be too woody and plenty of agarwood as the name was inspiring such image but no it isn't. it's ok but quite overpriced, and i guess the price is like that because of the superb quality of notes.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A perfume that seems not made by humans.
Richwood, perfect name and presentation consistent with that luxury in the form of aroma, full quality in its ingredients, I think it's the best sandalwood I've ever felt in my life, creamy, woody, milky and rich.
Moreover, unerringly mixed with a lofty patchouli accord, appearing with unprecedented precision, camphorated and a little bitter but also delicate by the rose, a flawless velvet aureate, perfectly combined with sandalwood.
You count on fingers, perfumes with this quality and also will be left many fingers, superb!

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

THIS IS AWSOME!!!!!! my signature upscale night out!!
11/10 I never give a high rate like this is it expesieve oh yes my friend is it worth it dam right!this is the king of xerjoff!

top 10 fall winter fragrance
2-jub xxv
1-xerjoff richwood

Kain
Kain

This review is going to be short.
A simple and quality creamy vanilla and sandalwood along with rose and patchouli (maybe some coffee as well!)

At the beginning I can smell a sweet vanilla which is creamy and very delicious along with some faint coffee note, soft sandalwood, lots of patchouli and some rose in the background.
The patchouli note gives the start a sharp aromatic and kind of peppery aura but because of creamy vanilla and rose it calms down.

As time passes patchouli settles down a little bit and rose gets stronger along with a little stronger sweetness (still creamy).
Smells nice with good quality (not great) but $700 for this scent is a big NO, NO!
Projection is above average and longevity is around 4 hours on my skin.

این بررسی خیلی طولانی نخواهد بود
یه ترکیب ساده با کیفیت نسبتا بالا از رایحه خامه ای وانیل به همراه چوب صندل که در کنارش رایحه نعنای هندی و گل رز هم قرار دارن بهاضافه به نظر من کمی هم قهوه که البته تو رایحه ها ذکر نشده

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی نیمه شیرین و خامه ای و یه جورایی خوشمزه وانیل شروع میشه که در کنارش مقدار نسبتا زیادی نعنای هندی، رایحه ملایم چوب صندل و مقداری رز هم وجود دارن
نعنای هندی اولش یه مقدار زیادی قوی هست و یه حس اروماتیک و تند و تیز و یه جورایی فلفلی به عطر میده اما به خاطر وجود رایخه شیرین وانیل و رز تا حدی فروکش میکنه و جوری نیست که توی ذوق بزنه

با گذر زمان نعنای هندی ملایمتر میشه و رایحه رز قویتر میشه و بوی عطر کمی شیرینتر و وانیلی تر ولی همچنان شیرینی عطر در حد همون خامه ای باقی میمونه
بوی خوبی داره و کیفیت رایحه ها مناسبه (خیلی عالی نیست) اما 700 دلار برای این عطر به نظر من به هیچ وجه ارزش نداره
پخش بوی متوسط به بالایی داره و خوبه اما ماندگاریش متوسطه و حدود 4 ساعت روی پوست من بیشتر نیست

siomes
siomes

Got a sample of this.straight out of the bottle all I get is sandlewood but the real magick happens during the dry down when the vanilla creeps up and mingles with the sandlewood it's amazing but I wouldn't pay for a full bottle.its very nice but there's equally as good Sandlewood purfumes for more than half the price of this bottle.

Me.Teejay
Me.Teejay

Richwood - silky rose-patch Wood.

Thanks to a generous friend, I got to sample Xerjoff's Richwood, which had caught my eye because of it's name and price point.

What do I smell?

- Right off the bat, I get a citrus-y opening, soon joined by the combination of rose and patchouli, with a very milky,smooth accord- sandalwood.
This combination feels very familiar and flat, like few other scents that I can't remember. I'm somehow also reminded of the creamy patchouli that is present in Coromandel.
One can easily smell the three main notes, and for most of it's life, they are all I get mainly.

Richwood is all about the buttery smoothness and finish, a slight camphor type vibe which feels like been there,done that. The whole feeling is very perfumery in nature, with the combination of its notes being used quite often.

Honestly, I'm very disappointed with Richwood, as being a fragrance at this price point, one must be wowed or be in pure ecstasy for $700. It does neither for me.

muzzbait
muzzbait

the vanilla is just too prominent in this, unfortunately...there's some serious smoothness in this, but it's ruined by the 'high' vanilla scent. it's there in the background and it doesn't calm at all throughout the trip. i wish i could smell this WITHOUT the vanilla component (or with less vanilla), it's just too much for me...

Ginger Kitty

I have yet buy the full bottle, but for now have sizeable sample ( a nats shorts of 30ml) that for me is pure bliss to own and use.

Is it on my list of future purchases?

Most definitely yes!

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

Last April while my daughter was busy counting the bones of a recently excavated dinosaur, displayed at the Dubai Mall I went to the Xerjoff flagship store there. The Sa was a very polite girl who allowed me to try all the Xerjoff scents.

Of all I found this one the most spectacular,rich and extraordinary. The Xerjoff people have done a splendid job on this.If you are into woody scents then your search ends here.The Maharaja of Mysore would have gladly made this his signature scent. In todays world this one suits a chairman who owns a private jet. I request Xerjoff to rename it as ultrarich wood lol

Then the question of price- I remember it close to $700. Thats
more than double the price of amouage perfumes but then
Amouage doesn't have anything like this.

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

Simply beautiful scent!! The best wood fragrance I have ever smelled. I own a decant and I can tell that this is not an everyday fragrance. The rose-sandalwood combination with rich vanilla and blackberry note what I mostly smell out from this beauty. I think a forest in heaven could smell like this! :)

scentedtreasures8

ok,update....now for the drydown...A lot of sandalwood,i can smell the vanilla also..A very rich and creamy woody drydown.Overall this perfume is extremely rich,smooth and luxurious and would only wear this out for night time...

scentedtreasures8

This thing is seriously the most beautiful scent I have smelled in a long time.Opening a slightly citris,creamy sandalwood ,then I smell a beautiful mix of patchouli and sandalwood that slightly softens with a rosy/fruit smell.I havnt got to the base yet but so far,WOW!!!

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

***** Xerjoff Richwood *****

Ohhh what a beauty!!!! And not even i am fan of Patchouli (few options with patchouli as main note i do like - and i do not like Coromandel as i feel it too bitter on my skin, i can not stand to). But Richwood is Rich and this is all about precious woods... It's lovely and adorable!

The Patchouli is detected more on the beginning, first hours on skin. Its aspect here looks dry and slightly camphorated, well balanced with other top and middle notes. Patchouli here is not overpowered and not even black out the other notes. The roses are beautifully blended and look so soft on skin.

The first minutes i feel the orange-like citrusy accord, so natural and pretty. I could also detect during its first hours on skin a beautiful and unique fruity/citrusy/acid feeling: black currant - it makes everything perfectly done here, the "cherry pie" of this masterpiece.

I could also detect during its evolution a lovely and masculine leathery phase which comes from the labdanum note - so nice!

Going further, i could feel an amazing sandalwood, which is so natural, pretty, smooth and dry (high quality one) till the dry down, where i can find a musky and vanilla ending!

Thrilling & Terrific <3

This is my last Xerjoff sample (probably ever!) and I was really hoping for the masculine tones of the last one I tried 'Kobe' (I think?)
Anyway, the opening is absolutely spectacular in that I was completely tricked into thinking I knew what to expect from this fragrance.
WRONG!!!
That opening is a quality wonderfully spicy sandalwood, labdanum & musk absolutely intoxicating. Okay it's not very original but very masculine and the quality of ingredients is translated clearly for me.
However that lasts all of a few minutes before Richwood becomes unbearably floral and has a creamy edge from sandalwood and vanilla which is being soured by other notes to come off as hand cream.
There's still some vague fruitiness and Remanence of that opening which just about makes it bearable and interesting to sniff.
It's a remarkably well blended fragrance again from Xerjoff but not something I enjoyed all that much except the first 3 minutes or so.
(update: it does improve again into the drydown and becomes woodier again with lovely sandalwood then right at the death... earthy patchouli which smells really, really nice when this subdued and in the vein of something like LIDGE or Tom Ford Noir.)
The argument about price will rage on. I've said it time and time again, I believe if you have to take price into consideration... you can't afford it! This is what luxury brands rely on, people who have the money regardless of how much quality the ingredients have. The price reflects the exclusivity and name of the brand and that's what you're paying for!
I don't have a huge disposable income but I do love fragrance and purely on my personal taste I could be tempted by a fragrance at this price point but it would have to be very, very, special indeed! More and more I realize that many exclusive brands like Xerjoff just aren't worthy of the expenditure.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

RICHWOOD
بالنسبة لي توقعت اني سانبهر من العطر بمعنى اني كنت متوقع انه ساحضى برائحة جديدة مبهرة لكن للاسف بقدر ماهو جميل وفخم الا انه ليس مميزا بالنسبة لي لربما بسب اني سبق واطلعت على عطور تشبهه عموما نذهب للعطر :
بداية العطر (وصف للعطر خلال الدقائق الاولى ....)
ستشعر برائحة خشبية تميل الى
رائحة كريمية بلسمية سببها واكاد اجزم انه خشب الساندل فهو يتصف بتلك الصفات سشتعر بدور الباتشول هنا اللطيف بجانب الروز الذي تميل رائحة تماما هنا لرائحة الروز او باقة الورد عندما تقربها لانفك لتشمها تلك النوتات شاركتها وباستحياء لمحات من الفانيلا فالبداية في هذه العطر ناعمة جدا لطيفة عبيرها رائع مما يجعله مناسب كثيرا للنساء لانشازا ابدا في هذا العطر !
تذكرني بداية العطر بعطور:
Oud Maison Francis Kurkdjian
وكذلك بشيئ بسيط من عطر شيرجي ؟
وايضا يكذرني بعطر
1826 Histoires de Parfums for women
خلال الدقائق الاولى لم استطع ان اميز نوتة :
والكشمش الاسود
المسك الذي اتوقع انه سيتضح اكثر عندما ياخذ العطر وقته اكثر ...
وكذلك روائح الحمضيات في المقدمة

بطل قصة هذا العطر هو الساندل القادم من ميسور والذي يعتبر احد افضل انواع الساندل واندره وتصل التوله احينا اكثر من الف ريال,,,

مكونات العطر رائعه تشعر انك امام مكونات منتقاة بعناية اكثر شي اعجبني في هذا العطر هي الطريقة التي قدم فيها الروز
العطر فيه لمحات من الفخامة
تقييمي لجمال الرائجة 8.5/10
هل يستحق العطر الاطلاع عليه نعم وبكل تاكييد ومن هو مغرم بنوتة الساندل سيعجبه كثيرا هذا العطر ...

Ginger Kitty

I have to agree with the comment by "martinwejbye".

The similarity (to my nose) between "Animale Animale" for Men by Animale as well as "Angel" by Thierry Mugler, is surprisingly close. I get a lot more intenseness and life with "XJ Richwood", but given the price difference I can perfectly understand and respect why many will be happy with a cheaper version.

if it is strength, life and stunning quality then XJ Richwood is the product to buy (if you are able and willing to pay for it).

Definitely worthy of testing for yourself to experience the subtle differences !

Which ever you choose, I hope you enjoy it :o)

martinweibye
martinweibye

In my honest opinion, this reminds me of Animale Animale for Men by Animale. I should point out this is the first time I'm wearing Richwood. But I've worn Animale Animale many times, and sadly it's very close smelling. Would've expected something a little different from this one

LupeX
LupeX

$650, Is Xerjoff Richwood overpriced? This is a central debate in locker room, water cooler, cigar club, chat room talk and all annals of perfume debate worldwide. Are luXury fragrances with such high price tags overpriced?
Let us start off by debunking a common place myth - No fragrance is priced at eXactly the market value of it's inherent ingredients, NONE! Therefore every fragrance is overpriced to some degree. & When it comes to niche perfumes the pricing strategy is infinitely more convoluted than you or I have interest to delve into in this short review. The fact is that the price is what it is, validation of the price is irrelevant.
The question is do you like it or, to be more accurate at this price point, love it enough to pay the MSRP? It is worth the price to you? This is not a price issue, it's a utility issue. A fragrance that is terrible and I would never wear wouldn't be worth $1 to me, @ $1 it is $1 overpriced because I will never use it - I would derive 0 utility from it therefore its worth to me is $0.
This evaluation process is entirely subjective and delves into other convoluted conversations and series of inquiries. Questions such as 'what is your disposable income?' 'How much utility (satisfaction) will you derive from XJ Richwood?' 'Are you a casual fragrance consumer or a fragrance fanatic (or more accurately addict lol)?' 'Do you prefer quantity or quality?' 'Do you perceive great quality in Richwood?' etc. These are all personal subjective questions that only one person can answer, and answer for themselves.
The price for Xerjoff Richwood is what it is and I would not pay that rate for 100ml of this fragrance at this point in history but I own an official 15ml discovery set mini of this fragrance which, mind you, I paid dearly for. It cost me more than many a dep't store fragrance ... and to me, it IS totally worth it!

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

$645? No thank you.

fooluae
fooluae

i disgree

(This stuff is expensive? Hm. I have learned that the worst fragrances aren't the cheapest ones and the best fragrances aren't the most expensive ones.)

some smell so cheap it cost nothing to make

also these one dont deserve the price at all

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

That opening was pretty fierce, but I didn't get citrus out of it. I was mentally taken back to when I worked maintenance jobs at Lockheed Aircraft. This smelled like some kind of solvent I used to use. (Methyl ethyl ketone, perhaps.)

Then it turns into a strong, hideous, sickening floral... by then I realized that I'd had enough.

Scrubber.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

I was socked in the eye and knocked out completely by the most powerful acidic citrus. I saw a bright light and realized I was in a temporary state of shock. A strong wood base is heavily present, however, this blast of citrus has decided it will not share the stage.

Scrub scrub, scrum, I thought. In the back of my mind I knew that I had to give this nausea inducing fragrance a chance because the sample had been a gift from a friend. Oh I could love this! I could, if only that screaming lemon would back up off of me. Poor sandalwood, poor patchouli, I doth love thee so but I cannot tolerate this blinding lemon that has put me down for the count.

This could have been a fabulous fragrance if only, if only somebody wasn't a little too eager to add a twist to a perfectly fine blend. Ok call me biased because I am anti citrus but take my word, this stuff will knock your lights out! As much as I enjoy a good romantic woody scent, the stark abrasiveness of this fragrance was much too much for me to handle. Miss Rosé was nowhere in sight, she was the smart one!

Thank you to the kind member who generally gifted me this sample.

Ali88
Ali88

I have a sample of this wonderful fragrance, and I really like it. Not good for a signature scent, nor for a night out, nor for warm weather. I can only think of wearing this on a special formal occasion to impress peers, and to draw compliments from the same sex, mind you, straight guy wise.
Too bad it is ridiculously expensive, maybe a bunch of sample vials would do the trick given the exclusivity of the projected usage.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

Xerjoff Richwood is all about the sandalwood, by the way, a very complex and wonderful sandalwood. The opening is all citrus as mandarin, bergamot, lemom.... so that as the sandalwood begins to rise you are ready to take it all in. Those strong floral notes, by their contrast, expose the woodier aspects of this sandalwood. It feels like a sun-warmed wood next to a garden. The sandalwood and patchouli just radiate for hours and very slowly vanilla and labdanum allow those two notes to fade to black.

Another "no, no, no" for the guys at Xerjoff. As many of their other deliveries, Richwood is well crafted with top-quality ingredients but fails to coalesce into an outstanding fragrance due to the strong deja-vu vibe I get throughout its evolution.

A rose/patchouli fragrance laying on a solid sandalwood/iris base that smells rich (maybe too much) and will appeal to anyone who like to ostentate and show off. Strongly perfumey. Stereotyped luxury.

Perfect for anyone attending a charity event on a stretch limo.

Rating: 6.5/10

Geordan
Geordan

Henri's review is spot on. I'm a fragrance nut in the truest sense of the word, and haven't been monogamous with fragrances for years. However, if I had to make a choice on one fragrance for the rest of my life, this would be it. To me, Richwood is a creamy, sexy dream. The "top-shelf" notes are blended to perfection and last for hours. Richwood is balanced and could be worn by both men and women. It's been moved to the top of my full-bottle wish list (I'll buy four less full bottles so I can get this one... I mean, what's the point of settling?). Give yourself a treat and get a sample/decant from someone (or don't, if you want to save your wallet)... this is quality and artisanship in the truest sense of the word.