Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

XXY Xerjoff for women and men

XXY Xerjoff for women and men
dislike

XXY Xerjoff for women and men Pictures

XXY by Xerjoff is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. XXY was launched in 2008. Top notes are bergamot, grapefruit and peach; middle notes are ylang-ylang, jasmine, iris and black pepper; base notes are patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, labdanum, vanilla and musk.

Bergamot Grapefruit Peach

Ylang-Ylang Jasmine iris Black Pepper

Patchouli Vetiver Sandalwood Labdanum Vanilla Musk

XXY Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

XXY is a bizarre name for a fragrance, given that it's also the name of a syndrome in which men have an extra X chromosome (XXY syndrome, aka Klinefelter syndrome), and consequently are sterile, have small sex organs below the belt and develop small breasts up top, and frequently suffer from other minor dysfunctions. I wouldn't be able to look at a bottle of this without picturing it, but that's what I get for taking biology in college... I guess.

Really weird name for a perfume.

Q80
Q80

too sweetish cloying to my taste! peachy vanilla with irisial Ylang Ylang blends! bursting out the cloyingness using the freshness that you can get from citrus notes. no sandalwood, no jasmine, no patchouli, no vetiver, and definitely no musk. the bottle is just amazing but the fragrance is not.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Description and notes-wise this reads and smells (thought I have not tested it) like GUERLAIN's "Royal Extrait" that Harrods sells currently as a store exclusive.

meama
meama

46)Tout ça pour ça?
A comment as short as the time invested in this perfume.

Note: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Peach, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine de Grasse, Orris, Black pepper, Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Vanilla beans, Musk.

XXY smells good, sometimes that is enough, sometimes it is not. At these prices, I honestly demand for more than simply a good smelling fragrance. Creativity (not there), uniqueness (not there), amazing drydown (not there. Woody amber anyone?).

The fragrance opens with a nice fruity/citrus combo immediately joined by a consistent dose of iris while jasmine remarks its presence firmly yet gently. So far, so good...Pepper breaks in and together with vetiver and patchouli provides a masculine twist that turns the initial feminine accord into something pleasantly androgynous. A strong deja-vu feeeling starts to materialize in my mind...Don't ask me why but I start to think about Coromandel, about L'Instand De Guerlain Pour Homme and, more in general, I think about Guerlain, Chanel...wait, a chypre without oakmoss, 31 Rue Cambon...Ok, just kidding, XXY shares (almost) nothing with the aforementioned fragrances but, at the same time, it's the classic type of composition that makes you think about something else...it's familiar (as opposed to unique).

After a couple of hours, the party get spoiled by the usual woody amber drydown. Now, my point is this: why we should splurge our money for an (overall) average quality fragrance? In an hypothetical world where fragrances could be compared to music, XXY would be just like an extremely talented musician releasing a new record made only of cover versions of trite songs and charging you for the full retail price.

I came to the conclusion that every country has its own "Creed". In italy we have Xerjoff.

Do yourself a favour, get a vintage Guerlain.

Rating: 6.5/10

XXY by Xerjoff 3.55 out of 5 based on 21 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff XXY fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff XXY, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify XXY by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of XXY by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Amouage Journey Woman Guerlain Cuir Beluga Tom Ford Tuscan Leather Xerjoff Irisss Amouage The Library Collection Opus VI Tauer Perfumes 03 Lonestar Memories Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Amouage Interlude Man Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 Oumma MDCI Parfums Chypre Palatin Giorgio Armani Myrrhe Impériale Olfactive Studio Chambre Noire MDCI Parfums Invasion Barbare Xerjoff Gao Yves Saint Laurent Splendid Wood Xerjoff Richwood Parfums de Marly Oajan