Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Zafar Xerjoff for women and men

Zafar Xerjoff for women and men
dislike

oud
Zafar Xerjoff for women and men Pictures Zafar Xerjoff for women and men Pictures

Zafar by Xerjoff is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Zafar was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Chris Maurice. The fragrance features neroli, rose, agarwood (oud), green apple, pepper, white flowers, cedar, vetiver, incense and musk.

Neroli Rose Agarwood (Oud) Green Apple Pepper White Flowers Cedar Vetiver Incense Musk

Hayat
Languid

Zafar Fragrance Reviews

JayO
JayO

What to say about this fragrance.. ok, so after reading some reviews I didn't know what I'd get but I was extremely intrigued. At first I get that cheesy note but I'd liken it more to a soured milk more than cheese which is a little funky but instead of repulsion I'm drawn deeper to see what else is there, the top note fades rather quickly 10 minutes or so and is all but gone in about 30 leaving behind a unique creamy woodiness that has nice longevity which I get wafts of throughout the day (also its the middle of summer).

I gotta say, I thought I was getting to know oud but it's kind of like I walked in on it eating a cheesecake in a dark closet. I'd say this fragrance is quite niche and maybe not everyone would get it, but there's something about it..

Omarbar
Omarbar

Dear Xerjoff,
I think my Zafar is BROKEN! That is all.....

I love a scent challenge. I made this purchase soley because of the reputation it has acquired as being one of the most offensive fragrances created. Maybe it's not the Zafar that's broken, but my own nose. Where's the cow patty? Where's the Band-OUD? I want my own blue cheese experience!

For me, it opens sharply with pepper, apple, oud and musk. Once it settles after a few minutes, it becomes an apple and (quality)OUD scent. I'd say the first hour or two are the most comforting for me. Warm... Animalic.... Slightly smokey..... Outdoorsy and organic...... WAIT A MINUTE! OK, I can actually understand the comparisons but my mind only sees(smells) it when I think about it.

After a few hours, it settles to OUD mainly with some fresh apple and incense thrown in for good measure. There's also something faintly powdery trying to poke through when I put my nose to my skin but there's still no mistaking that this is an OUD fragrance... PURE HEAVEN! Will I wear Zafar out? Maybe not... I'm sure one day I'll be in one of those moods to have some fun at the expense of others with this assault on mainstream olfactory pleasures.

To any Zafar "neigh"sayers, I ask that you please direct me to the farm or animal(or pile) you ran into that smelled like this so I can snuggle it closely.

***FYI...One of my all time favorite fragrances is the similarly poo-compared LM Parfums Hard Leather.... Hmmmm. Oh HUSH!! :-)

Shibor
Shibor

An incredibly changeable fragrance!
It opens earthy-woody with some animalic notes. One can smell real oud in a remarkable concentration. Many can perceive this animalic note as too strong. But it’s definitely too early to form an opinion since this is not the essence of the fragrance.
After approximately half an hour this rampaging oud begins to settle down, and one can smell some fresh notes. Just at this time fine woods and incense begins to appear and getting stronger over time. Finally, vetiver takes over.
The development proceeds smoothly and fluently (the characteristic of all Xerjoffs imo).

When you are a fan of oud, you will truly enjoy this remarkable development! Highly recommended in my opinion!

muzzbait
muzzbait

starts off with a huge dose of genuine oud (maybe thai/cambodian, it's dusty and quite tart-sweet), and something in the background sorta-kinda woody. not quite sure to be honest, the oud dominates and doesn't allow anyone else to get a look in, sorta like a mic-hungry vocalist or something like that. i like it, but i just wish there was more to it other than oud...

prodigy
prodigy

Can't imagine why someone would pay $310 to smell like this. Its like paying someone to beat you until your ugly. It makes no sense. Smells of fecal matter, barnyard, cheesy shank.

demby
demby

lo siento no me gusto este aroma, al menos no para usar cuando quieres gustar a alguien, yo lo usaría para cuando no quieres gustar a alguien,huele plano no agradable.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

An amazing fragrance when you first put it on. YES I got the cheese note but it doesn't last for long and I like my fragrances skanky anyway...just like my women :)

This is definitely a heavy hitter of Oud scents and for those that wear the note well. If you like the idea of playing around with a few oud scents then I don't think this one is for you. If you are well experienced with oud and like to rock the eastern vibe thing this is great.

Manly and Exotic without a doubt.

UNFORTUNATELY even at this price point there are LONGEVITY issues. " Say it ain't so sam....but unfortunately it is"

Marvelous opening then (drum roll please) like most fragrances today is doesn't develop and it falls off the cliff in an instant...roughly 1 hour later I smell a powdery residue on my arm.

Buy something else besides this.

tymanski
tymanski

this is the elite in the plethora of 'ouds' out there. deep DEEP wood that only sweetens slightly with time on skin, then the (frank?)incense mingles so beautifully and convincingly. this is a heavy hitter that suddenly bails on the party about four hours; it literally just disappears, whicis strange from such an assertive scent. expensive but also trés authentic, which i wouldn't exactly say about some other in the uber-posh 'ouds' (you know who you are :) the packaging is xerjoff rococo. wonderful juice; if you can afford it. thankfully i got this as a gift from avant garde perfumista friend - sweet!

This is surely the most challenging delivery among the Oud Stars series. A blast of smoky agarwood opens this terrific composition bringing to mind of creamy bluecheese and animalic secrections. The initial accord is everything but pretty but it's a tremendously realistic interpretation of real oud. It's an assault to your senses in the meaning that unless you're completely aware of what you're just about to smell, you'll probably be disgusted. The fragrance clams down in a couple of hours turning into an intensely woody base of incredible depth. Vetiver and peppery hints reinforce the general severity serving as a discreet support to let the real star shine in all its complexity!

A no-compromise oud with little more added. Something that will make the happiness of the most daring perfumistos out there. Great stuff but definitely not for everybody.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

My fellow reviewer Jack Hunter was so right about this one. Talk about a "bumpy ride"- this is a roller coaster ride through the farm I think. This begins with a cheesy note and then goes right to the barnyard with a totally fecal smell. Sorry, folks, but that's what it is. I grew up on a farm and I know that smell-this one is somewhere between horse and sheep manure. It lasts for almost 15 minutes, then the juice smells like maybe flowers growing in the manure, and then like rotten fruit left in the garbage too long. I was regretting even the $4.00 I had paid for my tiny decant but decided to let it air for over an hour and see what the final drydown was like.

Finally after much patience, a pleasant oud, woody fragrance emerges, really smelling like fresh cut wood. To my utter amazement it was nice. This is definitely a man's fragrance, but if any of you guys decide to wear this, please warn your significant other that this one will take a while before it smells good. Otherwise they are likely to chuck that expensive bottle right in the trash!

Mr.Poet
Mr.Poet

I have this one as well and would have to agree again with Jack like I did with Mamluck.I got a full bottle of this and appreciate it more 30min.-1 hour after applied. I would deffinitely apply this 30-60 min. before going out in public.lol

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Strap yourself in and prepare for a bumpy ride.lol...... This opens with a strong smell of cheese in a barnyard with a peppery apple freshness. This takes at least thirty minutes to calm down into something acceptable and when it does a incense accord comes to the forefront with that apple freshness. Then woods and some florals start to come through the peppery incense apple freshness. In the drydown the woods & vetiver start to dominate over the incense accord. Are you still with me.lol

Well this is imo definitely one for the Oud connoisseur as I cannot see many people getting past the first half hour.

The ingredients are top notch as you would expect from Xerjoff and this does have real Oud in all its skanky glory. lol

If you can get past the first half hour or so it does become moore wearable as a woody incense fragrance but this one is just not to my taste.

Pv52fa
Pv52fa

Like Amouage's silver oud attar only lighter. While silver oud seems like it has been sitting around for centuries developing an increasingly complex olfactive profile (as though it were a precursor to petroleum), Xerjoff Zafar has been left to sit for 15 years, and over that time the Laotian oud has developed similar yet easier-to-love nuances.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff Zafar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff Zafar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zafar by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zafar by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.