Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Zanzibar (Najaf) Xerjoff for women and men
dislike

oud
tobacco
Zanzibar (Najaf) Xerjoff for women and men Pictures Zanzibar (Najaf) Xerjoff for women and men Pictures

Zanzibar (Najaf) by Xerjoff is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Zanzibar (Najaf) was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Chris Maurice. The fragrance features agarwood (oud), green notes, osmanthus, cedar, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, tonka bean, musk and tobacco.

Agarwood (Oud) Green Notes Osmanthus Cedar Patchouli Sandalwood Vanilla Tonka Bean Musk Tobacco

Zanzibar (Najaf) Fragrance Reviews

Calvini
Calvini

So I was at a store and wasn't particularly satisfied with Mona di Orio's Oudh Osmanthus, then I asked about this, and as soon as I tried it, I was in head over heels; this one has the best of both worlds: An amazing osmanthus note (fruity, sweet, yet realistic) and an amazing oud note (a bit dirty, dense, yet not fecal...It's funny someone below mentioned he prefers the "imposters" and I totally understand; I used to hate the real thing too, then I began to appreciate it and now I prefer the "inbetweens"...this is such, not as intense as Zafar and many other authentic ouds).
The overall effect is a bit syrupy, but definitely the best syrup I'll ever have!

micavana
micavana

I recently did a sample swap so I was lucky enough to try Zanzibar. (Thanks Todd!) Sniffing this out of the bottle I thought, clean and soapy. but after spraying this one on my skin, my initial impression was a medicinal chocolaty covered barnyard. A very interesting scent, but medicinal. chocolaty barnyard?? Really? Yes, really!! That is what my first impression is. The initial spay is very thick and heavy scent that fills the room. After about 1 hour it started to settle down on my skin to a woody scent with a touch of barnyard and a touch of sweetness. Much better! For the first 4 hours the projection was in beast mode. Every inhale brought in this delicious fragrance.

After about 6 hours it tones down a bit on my skin. Not in beast mode, but not a skin scent either. The barnyard dissipates and it becomes more of a softer medicinal woody scent with a little sweetness.

Bottom line, overall a very good scent. If you like the medicinal, barnyard scents followed by a woody scent, you should try a sample of this one.

ttt3008
ttt3008

This one is very nice, At initial application I find this a bit on the medicinal oud side. I get no animalic notes at all. There is a wet tobacco scent that overtakes most of the other notes. That's it! At least for the first 30 minutes. After that, the other notes marry together to make a beautiful and subtle sweetness and a medicinal oud touch that lingers throughout the day. The other notes seem to blend so well they are really tough to single out. I've never smelled anything like this one. Definitely worth a try! Because of its uniqueness and, its a wonderful smell BTW, It gets a Love in my book!

Shibor
Shibor

Very interesting perfume with oud of high quality.

But one must get used to the combination with osmathus and tobacco first. Probably the whole gives the scent an animalic note. It changes a little after dry-down though.
Thus better try before you by. Many oud lovers would appreciate the quality of agarwood.

muzzbait
muzzbait

wow...this one is dense.

hard to put into words. in some instances i'm reminded of 'terryfic oud' (by terry gunzberg), and other moments i'm reminded of 'black afgano' (by nasomatto). oud, wood, cumin and resin. wow. probably too intense for me but WOW.

MustafaDhyaaldain
MustafaDhyaaldain

NAJAF is a city in IRAQ !!

mendwillie
mendwillie

It is extremely hard at the beginning. Very strong smell of Oud absolute and sandalwood, then develops better and becomes more enjoyable. Gotta love Oud wood to enjoy this perfume. I like that.

I sort like this:
Smell: 8/10
Projection: 1000/10

I'm having a lot of fun exploring random samples of über expensive perfumes knowing full well that I'll never buy them. In some cases, I wouldn't wear them even if someone sent me a bottle as a gift! XerJoff NAJAF fits that description: definitely not for me.

On first spritz (and I could only take two!), I thought immediately of dark leather perfumes such as Serge Lutens CUIR MAURESQUE and Parfums d'Empire AMBRE RUSSE. Oily, thick, dark, totally intense, about as far from a feminine perfume--or any perfume--as I can possibly imagine. More of an experience than a pleasure for me.

Looking now at the notes, I see that I have been mistaking oud for leather. So this is the real thing: oud, claimed to be in so many far more genteel Westernized "oud perfumes" of late. Well, then, it's clear that I prefer the imposters! I really do not find this to be a pleasant wear at all, and I suspect that if I wore it anywhere people would think that I stink, though they might be too polite to say it outloud.

No, thank you very much, all the same. If anyone ever does send me a bottle of this composition, I'll forward it on to a fragrant friend of mine who finds a great deal to like in this hard hitter!

Next...

Alexa1024
Alexa1024

stinks like freshly opened can of snuff

*sophi*
*sophi*

Woody notes, Sweet notes, Herbal notes

Woody notes, Osmanthus, Cedar, Patchouli

Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tonka, Tobacco, Musk, Oud

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Xerjoff Zanzibar (Najaf) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Xerjoff Zanzibar (Najaf), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zanzibar (Najaf) by Xerjoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zanzibar (Najaf) by Xerjoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.