Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

Cabo Yachtsman for women and men

Cabo Yachtsman for women and men
dislike

marine
Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures Cabo Yachtsman for women and men Pictures

From the exhilarating life force unleashed with each wave, to the majestic rock formations of “lands end”, Los Cabos provided the inspiration for the first of our fleet of Yachtsman fragrances, Cabo.

Cabo captures the freshness of life on the water, with notes that include Bamboo, Ocean, Tangerine, and Clary Sage, and explores its depth with an undercurrent of Teak, Patchouli, and Cedar. Arouse your senses, and experience the breathtaking beauty that is Cabo. The nose behind this fragrance is John Verde.

Bamboo Sea water Tangerine Clary Sage Teak Wood Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Cabo Fragrance Reviews

nickflick
nickflick

Tobago and Cabo are my favourite Yachtsman fragrances so far. I think Cabo is perfectly unisex, even better than CK one which is one of my favourites. Soapy, herbal and aquatic at the same time. This is delightfully refreshing in all seasons and I wear it when I need something subtle and captivating but inoffensive to people in close proximity to me. In fact, I challenge anyone to find this fragrance at all offensive. Overall, a great scent for casual or office wear.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

this one has a bit of everything - first spicy with a little freshness, then fresh with a little spice, and at the end it dries down to this salty, clean and soapy goodness with a hint of spice.. it does feel like a journey out at sea .. very well blended, no sharp edges.. it is my favorite :))

Yamba1
Yamba1

Cabo is fresh and salty with slightly earty undertones giving it depth and character. This would be great for holidays at the beach, summertime, or causal wear- easily worn by both men and women. I think I would like to wear this in the office on days when I'd like to be somewhere far, far away. This will definitely take me there. Great work Jon!

F_A
F_A

Wanna jump into the fresh indigo blue sea and play in the waves under the hot summer sun and bright blue sky? Put some Cabo on you and close your eyes - it will bring you there...
Cabo is very fresh and light, little salty, dry fragrance, like the mixture of sea water and a hot sea wind put in a bottle.
For my nose it's a bit more masculine than feminine, but as a masculine summer fragrance I find it terrific!

Liina
Liina

I don't find Cabo very feminine because of the salty sea water and the herbs notes. It's more woody than fruity to me.

It made me feel kinda nostalgic when I sniffed it for the first time. It takes me back to the times when I was a little girl and it was a big deal when somebody brought or sent us a perfumed soap because there were no such things here in Estonia at the Soviet times.
Those were the days when I got to put a little nicely smelling hotel-soap in my closet where I kept my underclothing or bed-linen so that they would smell like in a foreign country.

Must be pretty darn special fragrance to wake my oldest memories like that.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

It is a warm day mixed with a cool breeze today in the Bay Area (Oakland/San Francisco) a perfect day for Cabo.

I enjoy the citrus opening but love the bamboo and the Clary Sage notes in this fragrance.

Cabo is a light refreshing scent that allows you to enjoy a relaxing day with friends.

mandi
mandi

Although it's a unisex fragrance i think it is better suited to men. It is a light aquatic fragrance with citrus nuances.

I requested it based on the reviews here that said it was more feminine of the four but now i wish i had asked for Tobago instead.

It just goes to show that each nose is unique, what one person may perceive as very feminine another may regard as quite masculine.

I gave the mini to my brother.

naheed
naheed

I thank Jon Verde for having me an opportunity to test his fragrances. My impression about Cabo is Sweet, fresh, clean, soapy and make you feel as if you are sitting by the sea and very soft to the sense of smell. The first time I tested it, I felt it like soapy and sniffed it with my eyes closed I felt as I was standing by the sea at the time of sunset. It was beautiful feeling indeed.

I tested it today the second time. Still have that feeling of the sight of the sea. The top notes are like flowery and fruity and this gives a very fresh start to the fragrance. As the heart settles it is something soapy and so clean and fresh as if I've just taken a morning shower. The base is also like soapy and woody.

The lasting power is also good between 3-4 hours.

First of all I would like to thank Jon Verde for giving me the opportunity to test these wonderful scents in his collection.

Cabo is delicious. I'm one of those young women that tend to avoid anything with the word aromatic involved in its description. Citrusy notes and herbs don't usually appeal to my rather picky nose, however Cabo has me impressed.

The scent opens with a clean and crisp orange-y note, most likely the tangerine. It smells fresh and realistic, like a freshly juiced fruit picked from a tree only minutes before.

This delightfully fruity opening softens into a soapy heart. It smells a little like washing powder in my opinion, those tropical scented ones. I like this quality however, it's unique and refreshing.

I feel comfortable in a scent like Cabo. It gives me the sense that I can do anything I put my mind to. It helps me to stay in control due to its rather subdued and conservative like feel.

The drydown, despite the ingredients like patchouli, teak wood and cedar, remains rather soapy and clean. Only a subtle musty earthiness created by the patchouli can be felt.

The lasting power is quite good, however I did apply an unscented lotion before applying this fragrance to my pulse points. I do believe this may have contributed to the longevity of this scent.

Cabo is aromatic, yet different to what you may expect.

A clean scent, with crisp cedar and green notes. Not aquatic or masculine, it's smooth and gentle, very nice. Could be worn by either sex. Only caveat is that it's very very light and has almost no sillage. It lasts the longest of the four I've tried, though.

Kiku
Kiku

Very Asian in it's balance: it is clean and fresh in it's water, fruit, and herbs and sweet and spicy in it's patchouli and cedar. I think women will prefer this to the other Yachtsman fragrances.

melia
melia

Jeej I've got my parcel today! :D Unfortunately, half of my trial sample of Cabo was allready spilled when I opened it :( But allright, sometimes perfume bottles want to be loose and free when they're travelling :) Now, about the fragrance: I do not agree that this is the most feminine of the four. Based on the comments below I made my choice to ask for a trial size in Cabo (and Zanzibar), but I wished I had chosen Tobago instead (bit masculine, but soft and sweet too). Cabo's opening just smells very manly on my skin, and later on, the fragrance has something very addictive to it (I think it's the salty sea note). But it also pushes me away somehow. I just think this one does not suit my skin type.. Now it does smell soapy, which is kind of refreshing. In other words: I would like it on someone else anyways :)

When I received my Cabo today in the mail and smelled it for the first time with my mother (who is also a fragrance lover) she immediately appropriated it as her own! She's picky about scents and doesn't like anything too perfumey or overpoweringly floriental and she thought this was just perfect. Looks like I'll be ordering another Cabo soon...

The freshness of the mexican seashore is truly captured by the tangerine, sea and bamboo notes. Pure, fresh and watery; one can almost feel the breeze and see the brilliant blue sky. The teak and clary sage feel warm like the sun on your face and the cedar-patchouli drydown is strong and earthy like the sand and pebbles beneath your feet. This is a fragrance that captures the sea without being too "aquatic".

Sillage: good
Longevity: 4 hours and still goin'
Overall: 4.5/5

This is the 2nd Yachtsman fragrance I've tried and though I prefer Zanzibar this one is a real gem. As mentioned it is the most femme of the four; however, it can be worn by anyone due to the phenomenal balance of the pure ingredients. This a real breath of fresh air in a world of synthetics who aspire to what Cabo does effortlessly...

jeca
jeca

This fragrance is the most feminine from the collection of four.

I thought it's an exotic fruit or exotic flower in the top of the composition before I saw the notes. In the combination with woods it reminded me of polished wood surface (I had the same feeling smelling Sampaquita by Ormonde Jayne). I like the combination. The sea is like an echo. Sometimes salty notes could be too salty, too prominent and uneasy. In this fragrance they just enhance the idea of freshness and cleanness.

This fragrance is like a clean fresh shirt, so easy to wear, nothing annoys you, everything pleases. Very light. They do serve the idea of sailing the sea.

As I said this fragrance women might like, but it would be also very interesting on men. Fruits together with aromatic notes (One Million) are very actual today. But this fragrance is better balanced and lighter.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yachtsman Cabo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yachtsman Cabo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cabo by Yachtsman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cabo by Yachtsman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.