Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Forever Yardley for women
dislike

Forever Yardley for women Videos
Forever Yardley for women Pictures

Forever by Yardley is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Forever was launched in 1991. Top notes are ylang-ylang, amalfi lemon, rose and marigold; middle notes are jasmine, african orange flower and white flowers; base notes are musk and sandalwood.

Ylang-Ylang Amalfi Lemon Rose Marigold

Jasmine African Orange flower White Flowers

Musk Sandalwood

Honeymoon

Forever Fragrance Reviews

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Ooh, I'm writing the first review - what a privilege.

To my nose this is a pretty and well-made fragrance, in the category of white floral/oriental. It's quite sweet, but not nauseatingly so.

There is a hint of citrus in the opening, which I suppose is the Amalfi lemon, but mainly it's about the flowers, with jasmine and orange blossom taking centre stage. I dislike a very strong jasmine but this is well-blended so not a problem to me. The marigold is minimal but there is a slight hint of it which I think balances out the sweetness nicely.

Musk and sandalwood are both detectable in the drydown but less so the musk, which is another plus for me.

Adjectives like "charming" and "ladylike" come to mind. This is so far away from anything made today that I can't think of a comparison apart from Vanderbilt's Honeymoon, which is similar but coarser. Dolce Vita did come into my mind so perhaps that's another possibility.

Forever is a refined fragrance despite its sweetness. In its time I expect it would have been considered quite girlish but now it would only be acceptable to a woman over thirty I should imagine, unless it was discovered by a young girl of great discernment and taste.

Sillage is average+ and lovgevity is very good - there's still a trace after 24 hours.

I also have Yardley Baroque and that is another of these charming and well-made fragrances that Yardley specialised in once upon a time. In the UK at least these fragrances turn up quite often on ebay and cost pennies, so I would strongly recommend both of them to anyone who likes conventional, well-blended and attractive scents, made with good-quality ingredients, that nobody else will be using.

Forever by Yardley 4.25 out of 5 based on 6 ratings and 1 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yardley Forever fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yardley Forever, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Forever by Yardley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Forever by Yardley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt Cacharel LouLou Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne) Estée Lauder Knowing Elizabeth Arden True Love Calvin Klein Euphoria Blossom MOR Belladonna Yves Saint Laurent Vice Versa MOR Marshmallow Kylie Minogue Darling Revlon Xia Xiang Revlon Fire & Ice David & Victoria Beckham Signature for Her FCUK FCUK Friction for Her Yves Saint Laurent Y Yves Saint Laurent Paris Elizabeth Arden Splendor Halle Berry Halle Estée Lauder Beautiful Bvlgari Jasmin Noir