Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Lily of the Valley Yardley for women
dislike

soapy
Lily of the Valley Yardley for women Pictures

Lily of the Valley is a beautifully contemporised version of traditional floral scent, based on the tiny white flowers that grow in the English countryside. Crisp notes are blended with a florals like gardenia and jasmine.

It is available as 125 ml EDT.

Lily of the Valley was launched in 1920.

Green Notes Lily-of-the-Valley Gardenia Jasmine

Lily of the Valley

Lily of the Valley Fragrance Reviews

lemonzest
lemonzest

This one in the box with dark green sides, this is the better by far of the two Yardley Lily of the Valley versions.

Green, crisp, sharp, and soapy, just the way I like my lily of the valley. Realistic and cruel as the month of April. Timeless; wearing it you smell like some Edwardian. Like a scent Beatrix Potter would have worn.

For a soliflore edt, this lasts incredibly well, but not as long as I want it to.

Konga5000
Konga5000

My 3rd Yardley after Rose and Violet.
Nice simple & light Lily of the Valley frag. Linear - wished it lasted longer.
I view these Yardleys as sorta "high end body sprays" but in a GOOD way as a large bottle can be had for under $20.00 and they smell very natural as well.

Refresh as often as you'd like !

emsilly
emsilly

Dominated by green (with a very slight initial twist of lily of the valley), this scent is very light and neutral.

My experience with lily of the valley in real life is basically walking by a patch and being overwhelmed with the unmistakable scent of the little white flowers. What a pleasure it is to walk by those garden patches, a glorious surprise to scent my journey! With this scent, I was hoping to be that patch for someone else as they walk by me. How lovely that would be for them (and me)!

Overall I was hoping for more lily of the valley and less green unidentifiable randomness. The first spray *sort of* meets my criteria, but after that something else happens, assumedly the green, jasmine, and gardenia come into play (but I can't really identify these notes, as noted above it's green unidentifiable randomness).

It's nice, but that's really it. Not a patch of lily of the valley, alas.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

Review for the new version

I was looking for a very simple, light LoV scent, and tried this.

My very first Yardley, extraordinarily inexpensive ($14 for a 4.2oz, including shipping!), and just a joy.

This is indeed, as reported by others, a very simple scent. It is also a truly lovely, almost photorealistic, take on Lily of the Valley. YLoV opens crisp, and sharp, exactly like the scent you get when you break the stem of an LoV. It is a wet, almost humid greenness, and is a good match to the experience of kneeling on damp ground, where LoV grows, to pick a few flowers.

LoV is naturally rather perfumey, and this shares that quality, but mutes it just a touch to make the scent more wearable. White musk is also clearly present, providing a subtle soapy undertone.

YLoV is light, delicate, natural LoV. Refreshing, relaxing, absolutely lovely. Also utterly simple, almost spare, which I find quite wonderful.

The only downside is that longevity is pretty poor, lasting maybe 90 minutes- but then my skin tends to eat florals. But at these prices, I've decided that I can fill a purse spray and carry it with me to reapply. This is one to wear on those difficult days when you know you won't have time for a breather, and you need a touch of serenity. I recommend!

Lasaraleen
Lasaraleen

I bought Yardley Lily of the Valley fragrance as it was my late mother's favourite. She wore it in the 70s and 80s and it smelled beautiful on her - fresh, green but with a warmth to it.
I was more than disappointed - it is now completely different. It smells very one dimensional - little better than good quality soap to me with none of the green sweetness I remember. It is my first big disappointment with Yardley whose fragrances I always recommended to those who can't afford expensive brands.

vintage_witch
vintage_witch

last night i got my paws on an old bottle of yardley's lily of the valley.

some of my favourite perfumes i got from my mom. in the 80s when she looked for a signature she ended up with quite a big collection that she never used! this time when i looked through her unwanted bottles i found lily of the valley crammed into the corner of her bathroom cabinet, the box covered in dust. who knew such a treasure had been hiding from me right there all these years!

when i put it on my wrist it started out with the purest most authentic lily of the valley i ever experienced in a perfume. simply beautiful. after 15 minutes the sharp clean flowers mellows and get a slight powdery feel but it is still very crisp. when it finally settles on my skin the fragrance has turned into soapy lily of the valley with just a hint of musk and something herbal. very vintage and very pleasant. when i wear this perfume i think of easter, expensive hotel rooms and those fancy bars of soap from france.

i dont get any spice, citrus, jasmine or that much powder like some of the other reviews have mentioned. maybe because my bottle have at least 20 years on its neck? it doesnt look like the bottle in the pictures either. the cap is hunter green and the label is cream with hunter green stripes. also its only 50ml.

i hope this little gem will become even better in colder weather. fingers crossed.

NikiZ
NikiZ

Let my start by saying that this was a blind buy, based on reviews and my romanticized view of Yardley in general [the notion of beautiful flowers blooming in English gardens, as well as "Yardley of London" being one of the oldest cosmetics, perfume and toiletry companies in the world - I figured they must be reliable and they know best, right?].

So, I've been wanting to get my hands on Yardley fragrances for years now [especially "Lily of the Valley"!], even though I never actually smelled them before - apart from "English Lavender". Problem is, I can't buy them where I live and ordering them online is not an option either, so when a close friend who lives in the UK said he'd come for a visit, I took my chance and asked him to bring me "English Rose", "Lily of the Valley" and the new "Daisy", all by Yardley.
I was so excited when I got them that I opened all 3 boxes at once and tried them all on different parts of my arms... and was instantly disappointed :(

It's not that I didn't like them per say...they just didn't come close to what I've read and expected.
As RainingRoses said before me, "This is a sweet citrusy scent with some jasmine." I can't detect any "Lily of the Valley" in it either; it has that spicy and powdery smell you find in those sachets you put in wardrobes and drawers, or the girly stationary with translucent pictures of puppies, kittens, flowers etc. I used to collect when I was a little girl... Mildly reminiscent of white flowers, spices and talc powder... I'm sorry to say this but I have a "Lily of the valley" air freshener that smells more like the flowers than this fragrance does...

I would be OK with wearing it as an everyday fragrance, while doing chores around the house or even when I go to the gym since the longevity and sillage are fairly weak and the fragrance is quite inoffensive to most people, but much like the "English Rose" and "Daisy", my husband "strongly dislikes" it, so it will stay in the very back of my perfume collection, until I find someone who likes it.

Alle Homme

I just love it. Clean and crispy green, best for summer.

rainingroses
rainingroses

This will be a short review, because I'm disappointed.

I blind bought this, because 1.) it was inexpensive, 2.) Yardley is reliable and 3.) I LOVE lily of the valley so what could possibly go wrong?

On my skin, this is not lily of the valley at all. This is a sweet citrusy scent with some jasmine. I can't detect anything remotely lily of the valley here. Nothing.

(Obviously I would never compare this to the wonderful Diorissimo.)

Don't get me wrong, I love jasmine. However, this is too citrusy for me to enjoy despite my love for jasmine. And as I expected a LOTV fragrance, it's an even bigger disappointment.

My search for an inexpensive, true LOTV fragrance will continue.

Kelsi87
Kelsi87

This was the very first perfume I ever bought myself when I was about 15. Still love it at 26!

Wilka
Wilka

Yes. It reminds me of "Le Muguet" by Annick Goutal. However, while "Le Muguet" is, somehow, an urban fragrance, "Lily of the Valley" evokes the countryside. I must also say that I find it "softer" than "Le Muguet". I agree with Vixie that it doesn't last long, but perhaps that's why you can wear it during a countryside holiday, in the evening. And launched in 1920! Believe me: that moves me.

pushya
pushya

Green, fresh scent which reminds me of yves rocher's fragrances. I like it.

RavenNess
RavenNess

I have the lotion of this...got it from TJ Max. MY FAVORITE. It is only every couple of years I can snag Yardley LOV from TJ Max, so I am often without this favorite of mine. So clean, so comforting. Never actually tried the spray, but I want it...I have been disappointed in the past by buying perfumes that I hope will match the lotions....so does anyone know how close this perfume is to the lotion?

Alle Homme

I love this so much, this is so different than other
lily of the valley fragrances. I fell the classical touch from the golden age. This is so unique.

ginadantas
ginadantas

Acabo de comprar um vidro de Lilly of Valley... Adorável, fresco, delicado, surpreendente. Ao passar essa fragrância, parece realmente que estou cercada de natureza. Nítido o aroma de lírio e de folhas verdes!! Combinou comigo e com o clima aqui do Brasil. Valeu a compra, principalmente porque essa fragrância parece durar mais tempo na pele do que a Lavender (que eu experimentei há alguns anos, adorei mas achei que a fixação era muito efêmera...) Lírio do Vale tem uma fixação melhor, mas ainda estou na fase de experimentação, então não cheguei ainda a uma conclusão de quanto tempo dura em minha pele. Mas estou adorando!! ^_^

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Yardley Lily of the Valley was my great-grandmother's scent. Tiny, fragile-looking woman with a firecracker personality, who kept us on our toes into her late 90s. I got a bottle as a chance extra in a swap, and oh, the memories. I shared a decant with my grandmother (her daughter) so that we could both have that little bit of nostalgia.

evesoho
evesoho

Deydria and Action are right - one spray only please! This fragrance is so strong that I spray only the bottom half of my body, and I can't sniff it from the bottle. Perhaps I'm sensitive since I don't adore the scent of lotv directly even in nature, I merely appreciate the general impression, and strictly during the day.

Yardley fragrances have a distinctive blanket-like quality to them which I can't describe very well. I purchased this bottle because it's a scent I can wear on weekend mornings while I'm sweeping, folding laundry, dusting, changing the sheets, tidying and getting a nice lunch ready. It's cheerful, but low-key unlike herbs or fruits that can needle.

I don't believe that this is a dupe for Diorissimo, not at all. It's different to me. I'm not sure why the reviewer below would say that unless he or she didn't bother to test them side by side. I did - because I always do. I don't wear Diorissimo without a spray of Yardley, since the former doesn't last on my skin. That doesn't mean that they are dupes (why would I buy both, then?). To me, they compliment each other and that's it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what is meant by "dupe" in consumer jargon.

Diorissimo is a scent to fall in love with. It's a complex work of art. Yardley Lily of the Valley, is a good perfume of excellent value. Musically speaking, they aren't only in different keys but they have different tonal quality, texture, volume and style! Yardley has a low pitch, deep tone, high volume. It's style? Yardley. Diorissimo, with obvious civet and sandalwood, is the one that's more delicate and airy when according to the notes it should be the heavier.

Please enjoy Yardley Lily of the Valley, but don't wear it on the red carpet, unless you want to attract a funny look or two.

AllieT
AllieT

Warm strongly scented floral yet richly citrus as well.
A little goes a long way and I feel bathed in this fabulous scent when I put it on. Not musky as some lily fragrances can be.
Smells delicious and very good value for money, one of the best from Yardley.

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

This is fresh and just perfect in spring. Not to pricey its really great if you are like Lily's of the valley

Lakambini
Lakambini

Every nose is different, so to me this scent bears only a slight resemblance to other famous lily-of-the-valley fragrances like Diorissimo and Jessica McClintock. I don’t quite get that waxy white purity I associate with those two muguet scents.

The delicate odor of the flower is there, but altered and rendered more sensual and sweet (as in confectionery, and as opposed to “dry”) – I agree with the reviewer who attributes this to a heavy dose of jasmine, which is evident from the get-go, and strengthens with the dry-down.

The result is so perturbing that when I wore it to bed one night I felt restless and had to scrub it off before I could find peace – it’s a scent that demands you rise and go seek the source: heavy heads of flowers luminous in the tropical moonlight, not lily of the valley-like at all.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Fresh and very pleasant fragrance. I am a man and I think shareable.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

This is no longer sold in my country, I have to keep on asking why, why and why... Back then when I was 9 or 10, my elder sister happened to fall in love to everything Yardley. She had the English Lavender range, the English Rose range, etc. So I felt like I had to have anything Yardley for me too, so I bought this Lily of the Valley body spray. (well that was the only thing I could afford). The scent as far as I could remember was really a clean scent, so delicately green, and dewy. I bet the EDT must have a far refined and well-made lily of the valley scent as compared to the body spray. In Malaysia, we have the Yardley range sold, from the English Lavender, to Men's EDT, but this.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Lily of the Valley is a very, very close dupe for Diorissimo.
Only it is sweeter, more tarte and in my opinion, more feminine.

There is almost a fruity juiciness embodied in this fragrance, compared to the more herbal whiff in Diorissimo.

Great price, lovely composition, reasonable lasting power.
A fantastic choice for spring/ summer and outdoors. It is effortless, easygoing, confident and elegant in its simplicity.

knife

Comparing this one with Diorissimo is bad. Yardleys is fresh,very fresh much fresh lemon. But you must wait 25 minutes. First time I bought it I think it was ok. Now its more than okey many notes fresh lemon. Diorissimo its so boring just lily of the valley and the price tag...

knife

In the beginning a sharp male perfume, spicy (not even unisex) About 25 minutes it turns to be a ok fragrance.I will bought it again.

stiepcia
stiepcia

I just got my 125 ml bottle.
Before I bought it, I was read A LOT(!!) opinions.
I was looking PERFECT lily of the valley scent.

This scent is very,very clean,I could say clean as musk scents are.
On the beginning its smell very strong, like a antibiotic, but just second later you can feel main scent lily of the valley, but scent is not pure lily o.t.v. flowers.I can smell something like little bit of citrus,and jasmine, with Im not sure I like it, because I was looking for pure l.o.t.v scent.
But,
It smells like walking in rainy summer:)
It smells like a making love in the middle of the green forest.
Scent is green, rainy, green trees,green fresh leafs,everything remaind me the place when you can get lily of the valley flovers.
This is not the perfect scent that Im looking for, but i like it.When I will finished my 125 ml bottle i will try something else, because not stay on my skin too long :(
I payed 7,80Ł and Im happy with that price. I will not give more for this fragrance.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

Very fresh and clean. Natural smelling, I agree with boruvka44. It actually smells like one has stuck ones head inside a load of these wonderful flowers and taken a deep breath. It is wonderfully green, clean, and crisp. An absolute gem of a fragrance. Such brilliant value for an amazingly quality product!

I have the body spray and the EDT so I layer both and find that it lasts a good 3-4 hours. It is so inexpensive that topping up several times a day doesn't break the bank and every time I do, the wonderful aroma of real flowers envelops me! I love it!

tarasapphire
tarasapphire

I've used the Body Spray for over 20 years and used to buy it in bulk. For quite a while I haven't been able to find it. I thought I was lucky to find it a few days ago and eagerly bought it. The packaging has been changed AND so has the scent. I had one bottle of the old packaging and one of the new. Comparing the two - the new is utterly foul. So disappointing.

Jellybean
Jellybean

strong lily scent, not in a nice way but rather cleaner and/or air freshener type of a scent. too sharp and resembles closely bathroom smell. yuck.

bosem
bosem

Strangely what I smell after a blast of citonella is mostly a geranium like rosiness.
The LOV is more prominent (to my nose) in their talc powder.
P.S. The package & the bottle I have look different.

Deydria
Deydria

If you love the scent of lily of the valley you will love this. It is exactly the same smell! I would put the flowers in my room and when I don't have them I just spray this as a 'febreze' type of room spray if you will, and I could not tell the difference between this and the real fresh flowers.

It is a very gentle scent but very concentrated, the kind where one spray is enough and where you wouldn't need to spray on yourself but rather spray and walk through the cloud of it.

The price is decent and the bottle is very elegant matching this clean, crisp provence smell.

I put on just one spray of this beauty yesterday and it was so amazingly STRONG!!! It even felt like it got stronger as time passed!! Again, Yardley making their affordable perfumes as if they were High end Patou or Niche! VERY high quality for a VERY good price! TAKE ADVANTAGE!!

Kiku
Kiku

Although gardenia and jasmine are listed as notes, my nose doesn't pick them up. All I smell is TRUE lily of the valley. Clear and green, sweet and moist: this is as fresh as a spring morning. Yardley's LOV has a cooling and invigorating effect that makes it a must for the sweltering days and sultry nights of summer. Add it to your collection of summer go tos.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

If you like Lily of the Valley then this is the one for you, as it is almost a perfect soliflore. This does have a softening hint of jasmine as it wears, but that really doesn't alter the fragrance much as a whole. And it's really good value.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

Truly I am very happy to see this one here and with a new bottle! I have not seen this one for a long time in my city; just the powders and soap.
This little number has very tender greens on top. A very nice and true Muget comes next. Like the tiny bells have just been whisked away by picking them from their tiny green stocks. A Clear and very innocent side to white florals. lily of the valley tends to be the traditional scent for youth; and I like many used to adore this perfume throughout my early teens. I never knew about the Jasmin then though but smelling it now, I'm delighted at how nice both florals are coming through. Crisp little flowers and the smallest hint of quality Yardley soap.
I have the Edc so longevity is not all there. I will be finding a way to get the Edt very soon. This is a classic in my book. A English company from 1770. I love the idea of a proper lady who may have smelled similar then. With luxury soaps and a dab of cologne and buff of their powder.

Vixie
Vixie

This is a very affordable quality fragrance. The delicate lily of the valley is beautiful, but does not last as long as the more flowery jasmine which overpowers it after it has been on the skin a while.

Lily of the Valley by Yardley 3.71 out of 5 based on 157 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yardley Lily of the Valley fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yardley Lily of the Valley, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lily of the Valley by Yardley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lily of the Valley by Yardley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.