Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Royal English Daisy Yardley for women

Royal English Daisy Yardley for women
dislike

Royal English Daisy Yardley for women Pictures

Royal English Daisy by Yardley is a Floral fragrance for women. Royal English Daisy was launched in 2011. Top notes are granny smith apple and green leaves; middle notes are hyacinth and white rose; base notes are musk and sandalwood.

Granny Smith apple Green Leaves

Daisy

Royal English Daisy Fragrance Reviews

ebishop24
ebishop24

Nice, unoffensive pretty little scent.
Very light, sits close to the skin - no chance this could offend anybody!
Very fresh, spring/summer suited, green floral.
Ideal office scent. Doesn't last long, but you can pick this up in the original, older style packaging (as pictured) for a bargain price, so spray often :)

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Such a romantic and gentle scent, suitable for young ladies and the price is very affordable.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Royal English Daisy is a trip down memory lane. I love fragrances that make me wistful and nostalgic.

When I was a child my grandparents ran a dairy farm in a beautiful part of Victorian countryside. On our summer visits my siblings and I would be out the door and into Grandma's garden early in the morning, often while there was still dew on the grass but knowing that it would warm up to be another scorcher.

This makes me feel fresh, innocent, clean and carefree . This fragrance is sweetly crisp with a faint grassy note. It wears a good few hours on my skin. Scent trail is soft. It is light but I still present enough to catch wafts of it hours after application. If you're not normally fond of light scents or rose scents, neither am I so don't be put off trying this one.

The sandalwood and musk are so soft and cottony providing a perfectly comforting base for the other notes to rest on. I love it and will wear it often in the warm weather, although it is a good choice for a relaxing day any time of the year.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

Simple, light and lovely. It's very short lived, but it's cheap so you can reapply often without breaking the bank. Somehow all the notes listed are blended to make "daisy". It's what you imagine daises to smell like. Not what they actually smell like. I can't really pick out any one note. They are all kinda parts of a whole. It's summer, sunny, and fresh. There is no real evolution of this scent on the skin. It's a basic linear scent with low sillage.

I like it and would consider buying it.

CatherineLaundon
CatherineLaundon

I'm not quite sure why this perfume is called Royal English Daisy, because there are no daisies anywhere near this scent!

The scent opens in a burst of Granny Smith apple and cut grass, making it smell not unlike Garnier Fructis (10-15 mins).

The middle is more of the same green opening but with a base of white rose (15 mins), which dies down to a musk at the base.

This perfume is great for a clean 'just-stepped-out-of-the-shower' smell: perfect in Spring/Summer.

Silage is soft and close to the skin, this is definitely a perfume you'd wear for yourself rather than to attract others.

The scent disappears completely after about 3-4 hours, but for such a cheap price, you can afford to keep re-spritzing during the day!

elderflowers
elderflowers

A modern apple, white rose, and lily-of-the-valley scent perched on just a dab of the old-school floral custard base (Yardleynade?) found in pretty well all of the the venerable Yardley soliflores like Lily of the Valley and April Violets. Royal English Daisy is like a gauzy handkerchief top worn with an A-line skirt. Still, Yardley have done a lot of updating, and Royal English Daisy could easily be sold as a department store scent – though I'm not quite sure which one. MJ 'Daisy' seems no closer to it than a lot of others in the same vein, but I've never smelled Live in Love.

Grassy-green floral scents are among the few florals I can wear, and my only personal criticism of Royal English Daisy, given its bargain price, is that the mild grass note could be stronger. But undercut with a dab of generic 'Cut Grass' body oil, this is the One Weird Trick that'll make people believe you naturally exude the scent of a May garden, like those Medieval virgins whose weapons-grade purity could be used to trap unicorns. I'm way past the age for mesmerising unicorns, but nevertheless, this combination has got me asked what I'm wearing, and that rarely happens.

I see that Yardley have ominously brought out a 50ml scent called 'Daisy', priced in the same sort of bracket as their fancier offering, Polaire. This may be a wise moment to stockpile a 125ml bottle of Royal English Daisy for less than a tenner.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

Nothing special, but still a bright, fresh summer perfume. Doesn't last too long either, but it's cheap.

pushya
pushya

High quality was a great surprise to me. It reminds me of estee lauder's emerald dream. Watery, light, sweet, elegant... I like it very much.

jahmoon
jahmoon

It is real blind buy for me. İ wore ıt only one day bacause ıt gives me headache and made me uncomfortable. It is a real third class parfume, like very cheap, not for me!!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

The only daisy flowers I have smelled have been bitter (a bit like dandelions). This perfume is certainly not bitter, rather it is a fresh but rather generic yellow floral; I can't get any apple from this but rather the hyacinth and rose from the heart. It has not blown me away but will be good and inoffensive to spray lavishly when summer arrives (if it ever does LOL!!) Sillage is very soft and longevity quite poor, but what the heck, it's cheap enough to be generous with.

Further findings on Royal English Daisy;

I recently bought Polaire by Yardley, a gorgeous scent and to me sexy too. However on offering my wrists to my boyfriend, once soaked with Polaire, the other with Royal English Daisy, he commented that Poliare is 'just beautfiul' but that he found Royal English Daisy uber sexy. 'It's the come to bed scent," he said, to paraphrase him for politeness sake. Surprise, surprise.

刚刚买了一个套装,想试试,现在在用玫瑰那款,味道实在太棒了!

peachflambe

Smells of summer and sunshine. Gorgeous.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Tried this and it do make you feel like you are in a meadow in spring time and its a bit like Marc Jacobs daisy but marc jacobs did not make me think of daisys.
Yardley daisy do feel like daisys

peachflambe

Beautiful, cheery and optimistic scent, very fresh, green and yet warm. This is an amazing find at an incredible price, am now going to try all the Yardley scents, think have been wasting £100's on other overpriced scents when this quality and beauty is available so cheaply from Yardley.

aficionada
aficionada

A very happy, summery scent. Very clean, light, and fresh. Makes you feel joyful and full of energy. Not intrusive. Decent longevity. Simply perfect. Will try other Yardley fragrances.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

This really took me by surprise. I suppose Yardley has a rather old fashioned reputation in the UK, and even my husband (who knows nothing of fashion/perfume etc) looked quite horrified when I made my way to the Yardley counter in the department store - he said he saw the Lavender & thought old ladies! But this is so modern & pretty, I can`t imagine any age limit to it. Firstly you get a blast of tart, dry apple. This quickly levels out to a grassy, green apple which sweetens into a soft hay-like scent. Very fresh & summery, quite beautiful - can`t wait for the Spring/Summer when I think it will become even better (its grey January at the moment). It lingers well on your clothes although the sillage is not that great, but I love that Yardley have a body wash, lotion & also soap in this range - I could become a fanatic!

Sasimeena
Sasimeena

I like this scent alot, sweet flowers more like apple blossoms; I didn't detect any fruity note here. One of pleasure scent in the bottle.

I got it as gift from London's friend and the quality of scent is more than expectation. I will buy it again once finish this bottle. FYI, I layer this with The Body Shop "white musk breeze", it's remarkable & sensual and last on me morethan 8 hrs. (without layering on me it lasts about 4-5 hrs. I think.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

A bit of apple, yes. But it reminds me just a tiny bit of Marc Jacob's Daisy. Definitely no Hyacinth note but there seems to be a pinch of caramel.
Light and soft, but not as light as Marc Jacob's Daisy.

The apple is very strong in this one. I would have guessed red apple though, before green. This smells quite sharp to me, as if it has some bergamot or lotus, but neither is listed. This is quite simple and green, but whatever is causing those razor sharp notes is not agreeing with me.

Patchouli Poppy
Patchouli Poppy

I first bought this for a friend on this forum and had it shipped directly to her without trying it myself. Then I passed it on the shelf recently and tried it more out of curiosity than anything.
I absolutely love this fragrance. It wafts new mown grass, meadows, fresh beginnings of summer and youth and innocence.
My only disappointment is that it has no staying power on me at all. I spray it repeatedly throughout the day. It's just as well that it's very affordable, although I will be getting through 2 bottles a month at this rate haha!
I agree with other reviews, it is highly comparable with more expensive siblings...

irin_ka
irin_ka

And another blind buy. Not quite what I expected (I thought it would be more white floral type)but it is nice. Nice but not fantastic to fall in love with.
Clean, simple, crisp, translucent and youthfull fragrance. Pure innoscence - there's nothing sexy about it.
Longevity is quite good, scent remains constant - just like the moment you've sprayed it.
The kind you can use everyday during spring-summer time.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

A sour green apple with flowers. Very nice and pretty )) The scents, containing apple often remind wc airfresheners, but this one is not that kind. I recommend it for daywear.

Jewel Bocks
Jewel Bocks

This new fragrance has just become available in Canada. Wow, what can I say, fabulously fresh and long lasting for a mere $20 - You cannot go wrong. Not only that, Yardley has excellent customer service and is very responsive to their customers' comments. You have got to get some. It is sold at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

ree88
ree88

I just sprayed this as my client Said I should try it Wow Wow I just went on their site n the sale is massive Woow I'm in love just so summery clean arghhhh

rubyred
rubyred

Swinging in the hay shed on a summer's day, the wind blowing through the bales..is indistinguishable from the super highly priced Marc Jacobs Daisy, this Daisy lasts longer and is just as sweet (dry hay sweet, not sugar sweet) and soft and clean. I grew up on a lucerne farm, and this is such an evocative scent for me. You can buy a 50ml EDT and 75ml body spritz for AU$17. Another beautiful, youthful fragrance by Yardley for a staggeringly competetive price.

janles
janles

A bright happy scent. The apple comes out right away, but then combines with the floral and musk. Glad I bought it.

crunchymama25
crunchymama25

Royal English Daisy smells exactly like laying on a blanket in a field full of wildflowers on a sunny spring day. Bright, fresh, and invigorating, it makes even the dullest rainy, cold winter days seem a bit more bearable. I use it as a pick-me-up for when I'm down or just feeling a bit blah. It's truly one of the best fragrance chances I've ever taken.

jadeashleigh
jadeashleigh

This perfume is such a wonderful surprise! It really reminds me so much of Daisy eau so fresh by Marc Jacobs! Stunning perfume for anytime of year (especially spring and summer though!) because it's so inexpensive you never feel guilty wearing lots of it ... and it has good staying power!

Arabelle
Arabelle

I found this fresh, unexpectedly delightful fragrance at TJMaxx and promptly returned the following day to buy the second bottle for $7.99! This perfume makes me feel optimistic and young, and is reminiscent of young love. In my mind's eye, I can picture a young, carefree girl, basking in the sun and frolicking in a fragrant meadow. I can't wait for spring and summer when I will be wearing this tasteful, warm, long-lasting scent.

I really need to get me the whole Yardley range! They just make exceptional perfumes for a super handsome price!!

Lassie
Lassie

Consider that the actual flower, the daisy, so cute and loved, actually....well, stinks. Some scents have the word 'daisy' in the name, and if they actually smelled like the actual flower, you'd be told to go take a bath!
I don't have access to Yardley scents, but reading the description, it's...apple! I do think I'd buy this just for the most charming name: Royal English Daisy.

Royal English Daisy by Yardley 4.04 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yardley Royal English Daisy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yardley Royal English Daisy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Royal English Daisy by Yardley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Royal English Daisy by Yardley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.