Designers » T-Z » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Yohji Yohji Yamamoto for women

Yohji Yohji Yamamoto for women
dislike

Yohji by Yohji Yamamoto is a Chypre Fruity fragrance for women. Yohji was launched in 1996. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Kerleo. Top notes are bergamot, green notes and galbanum; middle notes are raspberry and blackberry; base notes are vanilla, sandalwood and musk.

Bergamot Green Notes Galbanum

Raspberry Blackberry

Vanilla Sandalwood Musk

Yohji

Yohji Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

verde e aromatico, gradevole, con una forte componente di sandalo, assai unisex, è ormai fuori produzione da anni (ne esiste una riformulazione che non ho annusato ma che dicono essere lontana da questa versione) e per questo è diventato una sorta di pozione magica tanto da costare una cifra. è bello, sì, mi ricorda tanto qualcos'altro che non riesco a focalizzare, forse il cacharel uomo, ma anche scent sceer di costume national. forse. dico questo nel senso che tutto sommato è un profumo nemmeno troppo unico come tanti credono. l'assestamento è lieve, di skin scent, e rimane legnoso ma dolce sulla pelle. buono.

avagard
avagard

I have just bought two FB of this from an old shop in my country, it's the vintage edition, when it was still produced by Jean Patou, back in 1996.You can't imagine my joy when I read the rear of the see-through box. I've been looking for this for many years since my first bottle when it came out and disappeared and I find it totally different from the latest version, from 2013 ( not bad, but not exceptional either, in its average cleaniness) . Galbanum, rasberry and sandalwood are the most prominent notes in this "vintage". On me it lasts more than 12 hours, it's totally unisex and I guess YY didn't want to make a "female targeted perfume". In the "Homme" eau de toilette ( another masterpiece, back then) you could read "homme" whereas this one even if FRAGRANTICA defines it "for women" is beyond any boundary of gender. It's not an eau de toilette for the lasting power, it's more like a "parfum the toilette" and it does resemble to nothing else; I've smelled a lot of weird perfumes in my scented life, never sticking to many but this and a few others cannot be forgotten, for the unique fairy-tale vibe exuding from this juice. It has reached skyrocketing prices and they're well deserved, maybe it wasn't a commercial success for Jean Patou in 1996 but the trained noses behave differently from the tastes of the masses, I can quote the apparent example of NU, almost ignored when it came out ( You could buy it half price in shops) and then an expensive icon of unisex chicness among perfumistas...

VolDeNuit37
VolDeNuit37

A very nice unisex scent, full with star anise, licorice, and warm spices. Can't understand the depicted olfactive pyramid. Similar to Body Kouros, but even better.

MarleneDietrich
MarleneDietrich

Really unique winter scent; although listed as feminine, I found it perfectly unisex.
A star anise centered scent, at its best, very pungent and persistent. You will not be unnoticed ,due to uniqueness of the fragrance. On my skin it lasts about 7-8 hours, even more on my coat.
Strongly recommended the "Jean Patou" version, as reported on the vintage transparent boxes.

David Mellard
David Mellard

I have a true passion for fragrance. and I can honestly say that this is a true fragrance in the making. an iconic contemporary masterpiece witch was launched back in (1996) by the cosmetics giant Proctor & Gamble. although I started my career within the fragrance sector in (1998) this fragrance caught my attention. it wasn't just the architectural Avant Garde lines of the packaging but also what we call in the industry the juice within the bottle in itself. I hadn't smelt anything like it before and I was drawn to it. it is a very unique perfume and everything It says in the description of the fragrance with the right balance just hits it on the nail. it also works very well with my body chemistry as I am of darker skin so I tend to produce a lot more oils but again it depends on your skin type as well or if you like pheromones. I also think when I purchased it back then I bought it as an eau de parfum witch is the next best strengths in fragrance. but this time around I bought the eau de toilette witch works just as well on me because of the high volume in this fragrance and also there are certain ingredientses in this fragrance witch works well with me as I know that they used a lot in aromatherapy oils. I am also glad that this fragrance has graced our lives once again with its presence and all the other Yohji Yamamoto icons after a long long absence. I hope that it will never be discontinued again. just like the other iconic fragrances I used to wear back then like (Jill Sander Background)and just recently discontinued (Byredo Green)witch I just managed to purchase a bottle in Paris a few weeks back in a store called Collette and I bought the Yohji Yamamoto fragrance at the Paris fashion Boutique. a trolley unique gem and every where I go I always seem to get complimented. even though after all these years I am glad to see that the formula has not been changed as it is usually the case with some of the cosmetic companies. they sometimes change the perfumes slightly whenever they reissue them just to give them a more modern twist just to keep in line of the current trends out on the market. and that is sometime a bit of a mistake.

Kind Regards.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Theres a comment below that is spot on. This is not just a little like dream angels heaven from Victoria,s secret, they are almost twins! And even though it's not listed, dream angels most definitely contain that same soapy clean note which im about to gravely misspell..I believe it's called gablanium. Now im sure the guality of the materials used in Yohji are superior to those of which v.s uses, however tmmost untrAined moses.....they are twins, and the longevity of dream angels (if I'm recalling corectly) was pretty darn good, almost 8 hours. So instead of hunting down the m.I.A. , the infamous 'YOHJI' and chopping of an Dm or leg, or selling your first born, (as joe pecsi would sAy) .''fhughetboutiht'' , just visit ur local v.s. or mix a fruity perfume with something like safari by r.l. or try guerlIns l,instant . ... the trashheep has spoken...''nah,nah

''

bethyblue
bethyblue

Very unusual scent, smells to me like Star Anise with a subtle hit of Vanilla. Only negative is that it is very weak and doesn't last long.

jessicajernigan
jessicajernigan

I got this as part of a "green" sample set from The Perfumed Court. I guess there's some green in there, but, on me, it's totally overwhelmed by a fruity smell that's almost sour and and a cloying sweetness. I'm not getting the bergamot at all, and I guess the musk is maybe somewhere in that sour scent. Glad I was able to sample it.

Redpula
Redpula

Every perfume has to be perfected.

Many failed and a few is almost there.

Yohji does not require too many words to be praised.

A few lines are enough and come, dip, deeper, to an unforgettable olfactory journey on a very rare perfume with pure pleasure and one among the few.

Every perfume has to be perfected. Many failed and a few is almost there. Yohji does not require too many words to be praised. A few lines are enough and come, dip, deeper, to an unforgettable journey to a rare perfume with pure pleasure and one among the few.

calina
calina

Yohji is unique in that it starts off with a blast of synthetic green notes that is strangely intriguing even though it smells overwhelmingly chemical. Furthermore, the berries in the midway development somehow do not steer the scent towards sweet fruity territory. It remains quite linear from its second hour onwards, with the synthetic green notes mellowing down to the vanilla and berries. I do wear this scent about 2 or 3 times a year as a reminder of how inventive modern fragrances done well should smell like. It is the sum of all parts rather individual components that make this so interesting. Its sillage and projection is enormous and it lasts well beyond 12 hours.

This is a one of a kind formula that no one tries to imitate or reintroduce. That in itself is a formidable feat considering the amount of smell-a-likes out there. When Patou Parfums were bought out by P&G, they quickly axed the entire Yohji line including the equally mesmerising Yohji Homme. Neither of these are out of the box everyday fragrances. It takes a certain confidence and quirkiness to pull it off.

In short, this is a work of art for the nose; mysterious, oddly bright yet indescribable. It's the sort of artwork you come across, tilt your head and think, "what is this supposed to be?".

We (the Yohji cult) live in hope that someday both Yohji and Yohji Homme will make a comeback.

Pari88
Pari88

I recieved this in a swap. It is similiar to Victoria Secret Dream Angels Heavenly. The difference however is that there is no powdery undertone, and this one is slightly more unique. But otherwise, very very similiar. This frag has an earthy feel to it. The initial spray is a blast of bergamot, spices and "green notes". The green notes are possibly berries before they have ripened. Almost immediatley after it settles on skin the galbanum comes out. It also resemple Nicolai Sculpture. Except, I find Sculpture to be much better, sensual and feminine than this one. Oh, Yohji is definetely Unisex. Up for grabs if anyone is interested, check out the swap thread.

dontcallmyname
dontcallmyname

Today it was lucky Sunday morning! Because I bought this scent in EDT contained in a black cute box with white lace through it. As I took the cap off and touched my nose, it was possible for me to smell the magic aroma, and I was into it immediately. The matter is 'Yohji' makes me feel that I have a valuable classy vintage perfume to be proud of. It is as sweet as I like it, no more, it's warm and gentle the way I love it, and spicy and deep enough to please me. Right, I am happy I found it, just only 10ml, but I will keep hunting for more. I'm positive that my being enthusiastic about it will be helpful in this adventure.

lundgren
lundgren

I HAVE 1 100ml, OUT OF THE BOX BUT STILL FULL AND IN PERFECT CONDITION. UNTILL THIS DAY UNUSED. IF YOU ARE INTERRESTED IN MY EXCLUSIVE BOTTLE YOU CAN SEND FOR INFORMATION TO THIS ADRESS.. [email protected]

Cereza
Cereza

The first moments of this scent feels extremely masculine and at the beginning I almost thought that maybe there is a mix up in my sample and I'm actually having a mens version. But soon it fades out and settles done as a really cosy fragrance, but on my skin - nothing special. There is still the masculine note (maybe from the green notes listed), but really, on me - yes, interesting and unique, but not enough to buy a full bottle, based on the price . Well, I must admit that if it wouldn't be discontinued and would be still available, I would consider buying this, but now at the price asked for it on ebay - no, no.

relle
relle

I'd really like to love this, but I can't detect any berries, anything more than a lovely powdered vanilla. I've tried the edt and the solid perfume, even layered them together, yet it still seems simple. Maybe it's the simplicity that makes it, or it could just be my skin. I'd love to try the edp, but it's super pricy. The lasting power is good and yummy.

parisa
parisa

I adore Yohji. Not so much opening notes, too sharp and bright, but the next stage when cumin from the base + red fruits take over. I adore cumin (not included in the notes here, but it is there, check other sources), smell of a clean man`s sweat. Red fruits note is similar to one in Montana, very dense. Yohji is very tenacious and strong. Not everyones cup of tea, I guess. Too bad it is discontinued.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

One of my absolutely favorite fragrances ...
I love the complexity ...
very warm, light and heavy at the same time, spicy and sweet fragrance.smoke of incenses....

Could a fragrance actually convey a color..??
Yohji for me is the color of Indigo!
a unique color ..much like this fragrance

* In line with the other colors of the 'purple family,' indigo was also a color of nobility and aristocracy. In the Elizabethan times, People of distinction and class only were allowed to wear this color. '
* In chromotherapy índigo assumes narcotic properties, eliminating the fear of darkness as well as to treat certain mental and emotional disorders.
* According to Hinduism -
Indigo is the color associated with the The Third Eye Chakra is located in the center of the head behind your eyebrows. This Chakra is related to our ability to perceive clearly. Intuition, insight, and imagination are also associated with this Chakra.

Somehow ...Yohji
manages to convey all of
Indigo's Unique Color Meaning and Symbolisms as a Fragrance...

Amazingly it makes me feel distinctive and rich..
there is a narcotic thrill in its complex smell....."makes my heart pound a little harder"
and yet I utterly feel incredibly at peace with myself...

This is a Fragrance that demands be experienced .. not just smelled!

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Yohji, I miss you so much! :o(

guest_Marie
guest_Marie

This is my farorite fragrance of all times! Will never be without it, and I have 4 bottles stocked up!
For all the people looking for it, just go on ebay, that's where I got mine-I always go back to the same seller, i.heart.went,it seems she got plently of stock, and it's the real deal! She shipped it to me twice already to London!

guest_jasmine
guest_jasmine

hi there. if anyone would like any yohji, and are having trouble getting hold of it please let me know [email protected]

guest_bamboule
guest_bamboule

and its pretty expensive! plizzz Yamamoto could you launch this parfume again!the most unique frangrance!

guest_Bamboule
guest_Bamboule

Dear girls, I cannot find this parfume for 3 years now, its discontinued and its my mothers favourite one, and she still keeps bottle of it with little drops just to smell it. and i dont know where i can find Yohji yamamoto..

Natalia78
Natalia78

This is a big WOW amongst perfumes. Just like his clothes. Absolutely magical, though totally ripping off your finances (50 ml costs around £120):/

sugacube
sugacube

I can't believe this has been discontinued, my friend first introduced this to me many years ago, when i smell the last few drops of this bottle, it brings happy memories. If it ever come's out again i'll be first in the queue!

rebella
rebella

I am -almost- speachless. This could very well be the most unique perfume I´ve encountered... Absolutly adorable, stunning and make my heart pound a little harder. How does it smell? As F_A write below, it is filled with complexity and opposites. Very hard to describe... This is a perfume you must really experience. If you ever come across the chanse to smell Yohji, close your eyes, inhale and feel how a big smile is painted on your lips... and your body tangle with well-being.

It is impossible to belive why this perfume is discontinued!?

Did I say I was speachless? Oh, you know me I love babbling about perfumes, but there isn´t likely my words can do this magic potion justice. Cause magic it is, it is unique and still I can smell a lot of similarities to many of my favourite perfumes in it, just to discover that they are gone and back again over and over again.

It could be a perfume for angels, if it was possible to make perfume from stardust and diamonds and the rainbow, maybe it would smell almost as good as Yohji!

Thank you again F_A! It get straight up on top of my big bottle list! Surely we must get this one back in production as well?

I´m sorry folks, I am aware of my poor ability to describe how the actual perfume smell... But it could very well be one of the most beautiful perfumes ever! Love it madly!

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Extremely rare but I had the chance to swap one of my perfumes for this gem.

Yohji Femme has a really strong and heavy start. It begins with extremely synthetic green notes and it reminds me of some kind of hair spray. These green and strange notes soon fade away and then you start to feel its red-fruity portion, mainly the raspberry note.

This stage lasts quite long in my skin and the final movement of this lovely fragrance is a really warm, confortable and inviting combination of red fruits, vanilla and woods.

Although it's labelled as a female fragrance, men can wear it without any serious problem, but I'm pretty sure not everyone will like this. It's that kind of love-or-hate perfumes.

It works great for a night in the club or a working day, but due to its hard to find condition, I tend to preserve it for some special occasions.

Highly recommended, if you can find it for a reasonable price.

guest_lamiasaffo
guest_lamiasaffo

It's my favourite!!! But now I' finishing and I'm desperate. It was able to create "something more" in special occasion...

I really love this fragrance, and I wish I could find it anywhere online, but it seems only to be the essencial that I can get...anyone know where I can find this?

dannynguy3n
dannynguy3n

This is one of my favourites. It has a very different smell, kind of strange but in a good way.

F_A
F_A

This is absolutely my No.1!!Unfortunatelly, it is almost "a mission impossible" to buy this fragrance nowadays as it is not in production anymore. It's a very warm, light and heavy at the same time, spicy and sweet fragrance. It's like you've entered a room with smoke of incenses, where someone has just chopped the citrus fruits (though their are not in the pyramid of notes). The fragrance is full of incomapatabilities - filled with energy and quietness, dark smoke and sunny summer day, good and bad in the bottle. It's incomparable to anything i've ever smelled. It is my No.1!!!