Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

cinnamon
honey
yellow floral

8e jour by Yves Rocher is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. The fragrance features iris, jasmine, ylang-ylang, cinnamon, vanille, myrhh, rose and white honey.

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Cinnamon Vanille Myrhh Rose white honey

Nohiba
Les Parfums Mythiques - Organza Indecence

8e jour Fragrance Reviews

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

Just received a sample of this (thank you, Norgirl!). Not sure if it's edt or edp, but I love it!
First few seconds: a spicyness similar to Nohiba and vintage Opium edt.
Then I was sure I smelled nutmeg, like in vintage Organza.
But after that, the cloves and the rose began to glow, indeed very similar to Coco edt (with maybe just a tiny bit of honey).
Imagine all those lovely scents in one perfume! I have to get a full bottle of this!

leFemale72
leFemale72

Very very similar to Nohiba,E.Coudray,same kinds classy women fragrance.God,how much I am missing these old brilliant perfumes from YR.This is not wright that all them are gone Just sad...

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Just in case anyone is still interested in 8e Jour, I would like to mention that, imo, there is a world of difference between EdT and EdP here. I have recently found some EdP to compare and have noticed a big difference.

The EdT, while pretty, is noticeably weak, and certainly doesn't have the richness or staying power of the EdP.

So, whether or not 8e is a credible substitute for Indecense, I think you need to try the EdP to give the comparison a fair shot. And anyway in general I consider the EdP to be far superior, if only because of the potency issue. After all, who wants a weak apologetic oriental? The notes have been extensively documented in the reviews below, and I agree - it's a lovely oriental with a strong and beautiful cinnamon note.

ashandasphodel
ashandasphodel

This was my favorite perfume growing up, and I couldn't wait to be old enough to wear it. I stole my mother's bottle when I left home. This is so sultry and exotic. I do notice a resemblance to Coco, but a little heavier, and headier. Coco's little sister in black stockings. If you can find a bottle, buy it.

scentdeman
scentdeman

A wonderful rich fragrance that says "this is one rich woman". Take that as monetary or in a life-sense, but it definitely does not smell cheap. I hate to even use that word in a review of this masterpiece of the fragrant arts. It is a warm scent, lovely in complexity, nothing stands out, but all is enticing, womanly and perfect. My son, who is 32, sat next to me at church and after the service was over asked me what scent I was wearing. Before I answered he said, "Because THAT is really, really a great perfume. It smells SO good!" I told him he had a good nose, because I feel it is one of the best in the world.
I own the perfume and the eau de toilette. The top notes are gone within 20 minutes and the rich depth comes out then with an almost musky finish, probably 5 to 6 hours later. Beautiful fragrance!

freddinos,
I see we agree wholeheartedly on this Indecence issue.

I was wearing regular ORGANZA yesterday (as opposed to ORGANZA INDECENCE) and far along in the drydown, when the florals really begin to assert themselves, I was reminded of 8eme Jour. So that got me wondering, maybe people are mentioning ORGANZA INDECENCE when what they really mean is ORGANZA?

I allow for differences in everyone's experience with a given frag, but this one I had to comment on because the comparisons to INDECENCE are SO far off base IMO.

Aside from the fact the only notes they share are cinnamon and vanilla, 8eme Jour is a sharp, floral perfume, whereas Indecence is mostly about vanilla and has round edges, very smooth. I would never recommend 8eme jour to someone looking for vanilla. That's not what it's all about.

freddinos
freddinos

Apologies in advance to the fans, as this is a negative review: I received this blind in a swap, basically because some of the reviews mentioned resemblance to Organza Indecence. Well, it couldn't be more different! Do not spend your money thinking you found an alternative for the amazing Organza Indecence, as 8e Jour is a womewhat old fashioned -in a 90s way- a tad suffocating floral. I could not detect the cinnamon, only a very familiar scent from my high school years, when many of us girls wore cheap-ish perfumes from Yves Rocher, The Body Shop and Avon. I reached the conclusion that indeed a friend was wearing this back in the days! All in all I didn not like 8e Jour, found it quite uninspiring and, most importantly, not at all similar to my beloved Indecence. Sad:(

candymarie

This is a strong, spicy, in-your-face floriental, with very strong floral notes, resin and cinammon, and it's great, but I am baffled by the comparisons to Organza Indecence, which reminds me NOT ONE BIT of 8eme Jour. Indecence is a big fat vanilla bomb, where vanilla overshadows all the other notes completely, whereas 8eme Jour is nothing of the sort. I would hate for someone to blind-buy this hoping for an Indencence substitute. It isn't.

Joliecat, thank you so much for describing this masterpiece so well!!

joliecat
joliecat

Action, Thanks to your reviews, I now have 8e Jour and I like it very much. Yes it's gourmand, very softly touched with cinnamon, and MOST similar to Organza Indecence in strength and character. Comparatively, 8e Jour seems a bit more "buttery" smooth and more gourmand than Organza Indecence. I don't find it much like Opium or CoCo, since both of those are stronger and more spicy on my skin, and both project MUCH more strongly.
8e Jour is smooth, soft, rich, more honey sweet than floral on me. It's gentle, unique, tasty, and lasting.
Thank you ALL for your reviews, and especially Action, for bringing this beautiful vintage fragrance to our attention and spiking interest in it.

Kysyona
Kysyona

I first smelled this in a newly opened YR shop in Belarus, in the mid-90s. I was a wide-eyed freshman (freshlady? do they say that?:) ) and was sooo in a hurry to grow up! And at a first sniff I knew: this is what I would want to smell like being a grownup woman leading an intense mysterious life! :) This scent is somewhat of a double nature: when u spritz it on a paper, or even on the skin, or just sniff it from the bottle - it comes across as very spicey - black and white pepper, nothing red in there!-, then there's a certain sandiness ( a bit like in Dior's DUNE ), and even bitterness, all of that resting on a deep dark velvety base: colourwise the bottle represents all of that perfectly. But on me, halfway into the drydown, it bursts with a very intense brown sugar splash and becomes from the dark mysterios evening fragrance into quite a hot peppery-sugary I-don't-know-when-to wear-this thing! I must say, since I have oily and moist skin, all sweet notes, even when barely there, thrive on that and become very prominent ( I have no idea what would happen if I tried the new Lancome's La vie est belle! - I am keeping an obligatory safety distance to the mall stand with that one! ). So as much as I liked the idea of it, my chemistry takes away the edge off this scent. Nevertheless, I got a bucketload of compliments on my 1st day wearing it, so perhaps it's the matter of taste or even expectations. Had a 30 ML bottle and was glad t get to the end of it, because the amount of heat, spice and sugar were suffocating me as soon as I would stop moving. Really torn apart about this one, but will most likely repurchase for the mere fear of never getting a whiff of it again! Hard to believe YR were once capable of creating interesting complex scents: very disappointed with the current soooo boring "modern scent" selection they keep expanding, to my greatest amazement...

Thank you so much Lisa!! I am really happy to have helped you with the selection of this masterpiece!!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Oh my! This is beautiful! I'm currently on the hunt for cinnamon perfumes. I recently bought some Organza Indecence after falling in love with it, and since it is discontinued and expensive, I'm looking for something similar. While the underlying base scent on this is very similar to OI, this one has the most beautiful floral notes floating on top which to me, sets this apart from OI. The cinnamon is not predominant but does exist. This is not an OI replacement. The florals are too strong. But that is not a detractor for me. In fact, the florals just add to the mystique and romance of this. So far, the florals are top and heart. I'm wondering if the base is where this transforms, finally, into OI's sister (?)

I'm a very picky floral person, and I'm very surprised at my immediate love for this fragrance with its striking florals. I must have smelled this before on someone, because the scent out of the bottle was very familiar to me. This is powerful. It projects. I don't know if it is the iris, ylang ylang or jasmine I detect. (Jasmine seems to have different personalities depending on what perfume I smell it in, so I just can't say.) This has a powdery aspect and from what I understand, this is probably the iris. Very nice! I do detect the rose, but it is not the dominate floral to my nose. While I was worried about the comparisons to Opium due to Opium's heavy soapy quality, I can testify here and now that there is no soapy. And I would venture to say that this is what I was hoping Opium would smell like. The florals predominate though, and so for me, the "incense" and "spice" that others are mentioning do not present themselves to me.

Props to Action for being so encouraging and insistently supportive of this perfume. I have seen so many of your reviews on this site and think you have great taste. It was your influence here that persuaded me to try a mini. Less than 5 minutes into sampling the mini, I popped for a 2.0 oz vintage bottle on eBay and can't wait to possess it.

christine.fregeau
christine.fregeau

I LOVE this Fragrance. I still have almost an entire bottle. And Yves Rocher's Voile D'Ambre is very close to 8e Jour, just so people know!

You are right Spudchick! They should let someone else produce those gems from the past in their original formula!

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

Ooou! i found this unique oriental scent like magic today at the flea market wow!! a little 7,5ml but a precious one i just can't wait to remind some sweet memories.. Hope it still special

spudchick
spudchick

This was one of those YR originals that got compliments every single time I wore it, and made me feel absolutely beautiful and confident. A great winter and special evening fragrance, it is unique and deserved to continue on as a perennial classic. Like all earlier YR scents it was non-irritating and had that wonderful, authentic tone that can only be achieved by using high quality natural essences. If YR can't or won't reproduce some of these incredible formulas, they should sell them as a set to someone who can.

niuchpol
niuchpol

I had it in late nineties..and yeah, I want It back!
Addictive, seductive, precious spices: clove, cinnamon, amber...like an ancient incence. I thnik I still keep that bottle somewhere, just to turn back the time.

spirithorse
spirithorse

I am sadden they have discontinued this one. I want it back!
8Ejour

youriko
youriko

This is one of my most precious perfume in my collection and it not a perfume for delicate pallets. It's rich, strong, have character and I love it uniqueness. Some may complain off it lac of sweetness but frankly how many sweet perfume do we need.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Maybe I got a bad bottle on ebay. It was supposed to be vintage....smelled uh, not good. To my nose it was very musty. Not at all like Coco or Opium. Again, maybe a bad bottle. Another poster here said it was like "ancient incense" - yes, I agree, but I don't want to smell like ancient incense!

Update: after the drydown, it gets a bit more mellow, sweeter and pleasant, similar to Opium or Obsession...but sorry, still not for me.

lapurrla
lapurrla

Cinnamon appeals to me on a fresh sugared doughnut or a tea-cake but not in a perfume as it turns out.

jufconnie
jufconnie

In the eighties I loved KL by Lagerfeld and Coco by Chanel. This fragrance I think is very similar and I like it very much. I owned a full size bottle of it and used it all up. (that doesn't happen often I don't often finish bottles even though I love the fragrance) I still own some mini's with this perfume.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

just want to concur that yes indeed this is very close to original indecence!!
cinammon, vanilla, honey and yes it does have a slight civet feel to it like opium

You are right Amarilia about the resemblance with Coco and Opium. The most similar to my nose is Organza Indecence! You should test it with that one in mind!
;-)

You are so right Amber!! I actually never realised the resemblance until I put on my bodycream Organza Indecence and I was transported to 8e jour right away!!

AmberLove
AmberLove

I am so happy to posess this one again, found a brandnew mint bottle online!!!
Action, you are so right, this has a certain resemblance to Organza Indecence, wich is a new favorite of mine. They are definately from the same family!
This beautiful, unique fragrance is unfortunately so rare...This would be a staple in my wardrobe!!! Have used it as a teenager...brings back so many happy memories...
The myrrhe, incence and cinnamon bring the mystery to life in this scent!
I can easily detect the iris, rose, ylang ylang, all the spicy notes...except the honey note is very far away for me now...
Feel very lucky if you have it!!!

Fedi
Fedi

OMG i know this 1 in 1995, it's a greattttttttt frag

This week I discovered some great similarities between this perfume and Organza Indecence. The cinnamon in both perfumes is so nicely combined with a very sweet note that they both become gourmand! So this is a category like a gourmand version of Opium and that would be something like Organza Indecence.

delphine67
delphine67

Passionflower, yes it happens that they fill mini's up with water. A real shame it is to do that just for a big sale

Actually Passionflower, that sometimes is the case, people filling mini's with water. This happens when a collector is collecting mainly the bottles.

Passionflower
Passionflower

The weirdest thing happened to me with this scent. It's like I can't smell anything! If I try hard, I can smel something sweet and very light, but it's allmost like someone filled my mini sample bottle with water... Very peculiar.

guest_snork
guest_snork

it is the best perfume in the world for me. So warm and vibrant

floriana
floriana

I agree, this scent is unique, I'm not fan of YR but, must confess - this scent has great composition, it's verry noticeable,pleasant, and wearable.
The best of YR.

This vintage is in the family of Opium, but again not the same. Very high quality perfume.

Amarilia
Amarilia

I had totally forgotten this heady, spicy oriental of Yves Rocher. I got it as a Xmas present, when I was propably 13. I remember not liking it on my skin, but adored the shower gel and lotion. The smell was incredible, like freshly baked gingerbread, vanilla sticks,insence and warming spicy cinnamon candle burning on a cold, snowy Christmas Eve. Very unique, strong and confident scent! I miss that smell now.
EDIT : Thank you Action for letting me have this amazing, erotic and unique scent in my collection again. I'm saving it for upcoming Christmases only :)
I also noticed now that 8e Jour reminds me a bit of Coco Chanel and Opium.

8e jour by Yves Rocher 3.91 out of 5 based on 140 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher 8e jour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher 8e jour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 8e jour by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 8e jour by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.