Designers » T-Z » Woody « Groups

Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu Yves Rocher for women and men

Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu Yves Rocher for women and men
dislike

Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu, launched in 2003, belongs to the collection of fresh herbs fragrances. This is the scent of mountain forests and blue cedar wood. Available as 125 ml of EDC.

Virginia Cedar

Balmain H&M

Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This did not work at all for me. Faint whiff of stale body odor, the faintest woody-cedar note, then absolutely nothing: nose to skin, nothing.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Another discontinued lovely, a very simple linear scent, soft cedar, with no sharp edges, underpinned by something subtle and pleasant; a hint of vanilla, just barely there. The bottle says Eau de Cologne on the bottom, so this isn't meant to last, which adds to its charm. I used 5-6 sprays and was good to go for some hours. I hate using it up, it being discontinued, but the smell is so great :)

Museumgal
Museumgal

Lovely rich ceder note, just a bit smoky and warm. Not a green note but more like a fireplace or dried wood. Lovely and rich. Doesn't last long maybe 3 hours but that is the only drawback. Great single note scent! Perfect for anyone looking for a straight up cedar scent.

Nirti
Nirti

Please YV bring it back!!! It was so beautiful!

Mnekb
Mnekb

Another discontinued beauty...

This one was very unique i didn't smell any other perfume similar to this. I hope Yves Rocher launches this with a different bottle or maybe a perfume oil some day. Oh, perfume oil would be perfect!

It smelled velvety, wet cedar. It was so plain, natural and rustic. Lasting power was very weak but it was cheap anyway!

lsh55
lsh55

I had it and I loved to take a shower after a hot summer day using the shower gel and then a whif as a body mist before I went to bed. The clean woody scent made me feel so cool and clean and made me sleep so well.

Lakambini
Lakambini

It’s not foresty so much as woody – the clean honest smell of cedar planks, or the inside of a chest or cupboard. A bare cedar, separated from the pure air and verdant foliage of its origins, and already prepared for domestic use. There is a touch of vanilla, or the benzoin that, to many, registers as vanilla. When I wear it, it’s not the color blue that comes to mind, but a warm beige: a masculine beige, as this is a warm, rather masculine cologne. And although I’m a woman that suits me just fine.

This is a cologne I will reach for when I know I’ll be working alone, no people to please or impress, just me and my keyboard and my thoughts. The bottle is sleek yet unprepossessing, and it’s all of 125 ml, meaning I can use it (1 burst from the sprayer is strong enough) without worrying I’ll run out.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This can be used by both women and men. It's a nice tender, sweet, fresh, woodsy scent. If you don't feel the need to wear a perfume, but still like to smell good then this would be perfect.

Gorgon71
Gorgon71

I had very low expectations of this fragrance. Id received the shower gel and fragrance as a gift. But I have been delighted. The two combine bring a decent longevity about 6 hrs.
Obviously cedar is the main note, but slowly gentle sweets musks appear.
On me it has qualities of The body shop white Musk for men but with more woody notes. This is no olfactory masterpiece but still enjoyable and cost effective.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

shower gel, after 5 minutes the scent disappears

diaspro42
diaspro42

I have great memories of this perfume because I was wearing when I met my current boyfriend. I remember that I loved wearing it, evoked good feelings. Fresh and sensual, nothing special but enjoyable.

nero77
nero77

A fresh and pleasant fragrance. Light woods and powdery vanilla. Very enjoyable scent that lingers and settles down into a sweet, almost musky-like skin scent. Good anytime of day. Will brighten up your day as it is very agreeable and inoffensive.

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

I like this one a LOT! Cheap and rather ugly packaging, but what a great scent! I spray it in my hair and twice on my neck. Topnotes fade fast, but the heart is rich woody and sweet. I don't get powder. It blends great with my skin and it comforts me incredibly well. I felt a little ill yesterday and I sprayed this one on: head ache disappeared, nausia disappeared. Amazing.

It's EDC, but I believe it is EDT worhty. It's not just plain cedar wood either. It has some sweetness to it too in the dry down. I don't consider it unisex though, it's too feminine for unisex.

relaxing day time perfume, great after sports
comes in a biiiiig bottle (125 ml) for a cheap price
saison doesn't matter in my opinion
lasts +6 hours
sillage: comfortable, non-offensive
no headache, nausia
2-3 spritzes

puddley
puddley

A very odd journey..
I bought this incredibly cheaply on the Yves Rocher website charmed by the promise of mountainous air. It sort of does but in a peculiar manner.
The first hit is a great thwack of bay with a slightly curry leaf odour (note 'odour' rather than fragrance). After 10 minutes or so it warms up and a vanilla base seeps through. There is a definite woodsy whiff at this point that for a while is quite lovely. This is a little reminiscent of the Chanel Exclusifs fragrance 'Sycomore' in that there is a smokey quality, albeit a much fainter and less like your laundry is being flavoured by the neighbour's bonfire.
On me it seems to more or less disappear after about an hour leaving just a slightly synthetic vanilla hint so really it's a short walk in the woods, not a long hike..
At about £10 a bottle depending what offers they have running, it's not bad. It's one to spray liberally after the bath, many squirts required. It's also a good one for the boys being essentially rather masculine.
I won't buy it again but I'll probably enjoy this unusual bottle. Recommended for those with a quirky nose at a fraction of the price of niche fragrances. Just don't buy it as a hot weather cologne, it's not, it's a cosy one.

UPDATE A MONTH LATER
This has grown on me.. It's gone from a 'quite like-not bad' to a 'wear it in bed every night after a bath' This is what has changed; the curry-ish hit at the top seems to have lessened, either I've become used to it or I was having an odd fragrance altering hormones day when I wrote the review. I'm feeling the woods much more now. The outcome is that I'm amazed Yves Rocher have made something this good that costs so little, superb!

Plamka
Plamka

This is the specific smell of forests clean fresh scent of cedar wood,wow, a feeling of liberation and freedom! It is slightly sweet just about enough to be more girly than unisex. I finished it 2 years ago, but i remember it had very good lasting power.

themattsky
themattsky

This is a great and extremely cheap fragrance! It's very long lasting on me!

emi
emi

This scent is very well done and as for and edc very long lasting. I'ts fresh, sweet and woody in the same time. And little bit powdery with hint of vanilla in the dry down. I can also detect note of burned rubber in it but it doesn't make it smell ugly. It's little bit misterious and I hope that Yves Rocher will never discontinue thiat unique cologne.

firsttime
firsttime

Very sexy-feeling when sprayed. This one can mix & match to other sharp-note perfume. My personal Love to used this with Dior's Dolce Vita or Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle.

EDC but on me this one stayed strong 8hrs or more!

blakeoxygen
blakeoxygen

Warm, sweet and easily unisex. Open's with a hint of Cedar wood, but dries down sweet like a tobacco.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

This is light and not overpowering at all. I really like it. It's definitely cedar, but I definitely get vanilla in this as well. It is soft, but maybe a touch masculine as well. I don't want to say harsh, but it somehow has a bit of an edge, while being mellow. This won't be an everyday scent for me, but I'll wear it. It's very linear, as you can probably tell by the listed notes :) Not much for it to change into. I don't know that I'd have purchased it, but I got it in a swap and I'll hang onto it.

Deydria
Deydria

Maybe it's just me but I did love the smell but when it was on my body it smelled terrible, like sweat. So make sure to always try out a perfume before buying. However the deodorant with the same scent seemed to fine.

But I did feel that both products did not last very long or if they did they ended up smelling worse as the day progressed.

cheeks
cheeks

This is probably the most refreshing cedar scent I have ever had the pleasure of trying. It is cooling, watery and transparent, with a crisp woodsy bitterness underneath its crystalline surface. I am completely smitten! Cedre Blue is easily my favorite scent from Yves Rocher's Fraicheur Vegetale line (Bambou and The Vert are runner-ups). I agree with the previous reviewer about the very poor lasting power and would like to echo her request: Yves Rocher, PLEASE boost the lasting power of this gorgeous fragrance, make an EDT version of it!

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

I love the smell of Blue Cedar. Its cooling and there is something very refreshing about this. But the lasting power is pathetic! I have a request for YR - if they ever read this! Please boost the staying power on this one. Its a gem but honestly, I cannot justify ordering something that is so barely-there, even after dousing myself in it. But I would like to order it because I love how it smells.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Very subtle and sexy unisex frag. I just adore the smell of cedar! I have the shower gel and roll on deodorant to match this toilette spray when I want a light yet sexy and slightly masculine scent for day or evening! Very appropriate for balmy spring and summer!

This is more a body spray than anything else. Refreshing and more for men, I think. It smells very woody and herbal, kind of acquatic too.

vertigo
vertigo

Finally!

Cedre Bleu is the most beautiful woody smell.
Sweet, calming light woods.
My perfect choice for autumn days.
Definitely a comfort scent ...

Doesn't last long, but it's an EDC.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fraicheur Vegetale Cedre Bleu by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.