Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Magnolia Yves Rocher for women

Magnolia Yves Rocher for women
dislike

A white, gentle magnolia is the muse for this beautiful floral perfume created by Yves Rocher in 1983. Its intensive, intoxicating southern scent, apart from magnolia followed by apple notes at the very beginning, includes a whole range of white flowers: jasmine, tuberose, lily and gardenia. Patchouli, oakmoss, woody sandalwood and white cedar notes, vanilla and musk leave a trail. The production in France was stopped, unfortunately, but Magnolia produced in other countries with a licence can still be bought.

Magnolia Apple

Tuberose Lily Gardenia Jasmine

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Vanilla Oakmoss Cedar

Anais Anais

Magnolia Fragrance Reviews

kati77
kati77

I have a small amount from original bottle made.
I dont detect magnolia flower on my skin ,yet denifetly i can say its classic. Reminds me of Knowing by Estee Lauder. But a light version if would exist. like L'eau de toilette Knowing.
Great mixed juice ,all ingredients together making a composition. not my style, long lasting.

I own a small bottle from back in time. It was perhaps a gift from a neighbour and at first I was not so happy about it because the bottle reminded me of Cacharel Anais Anais which I could not stand since the beginning. Silly girl I was! This one smells clean, simple and a good magnolia rendition, still perfumey but lovely and utterly feminine and got no pungent smell like Anais Anais that was so widespread around.
Old Yves Rocher Magnolia is relaxed yet knowing.
It is the smell of a feminine clean charme, but it is a dated scent. Not a bad thing in itself, rather nostalgic of times when women still smelled like flowers and not like bubble-gum.

Profumanta
Profumanta

This scent is the one of the scents of my youth. My mother used to wear this, and she gave me a bottle as as a present. The Yves Rocher shops nowadays don't sell it anymore. I only have a very small bottle left (a miniature) and I savour it (i.e. smell it one in a while, never use it).

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

Just bought it , at first spritz it was a bit sharp & reminded me of Anais Anais which I don't like at all !! but it setteled into something really "cleaner" as most people here would describe it... Very strong magnolia plus lots of oakmoss & no apples or vanilla at all ...Old school floral without any sweetness ..I love a bit of sweetness with my florals ,but this is a nice addition to my collection anyway , as it's so different from what we have now ...The bottle is sooooooo beautiful white ceramic & very well made ...I love a beautiful bottle can't deny
Update : I have tried it again and think I am really loving it , very unique :)
Another update : Loving it for the Summer (I live in a warm country ) clean , refreshing and still elegant ..MUCH better than Anais Anasis by Cacharel which I never loved its animalic notes ....

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

Wow! This was my very first perfume and first purchase from Yves Rocher back in 1983 or 1984. I was still in elementary grade school. I have great memories of owning this scent. All these years I could remember the white bottle, the light soft scent, but I couldn't remember the name. Nothing but happy memories.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I remember YR Magnolia as a feminine and soft white floral scent. I had a big bottle in my twenties that I enjoyed to the last drop. If I were to smell it again it would bring back happy memories.

Soignee
Soignee

I love this perfume. It's so feminine, sweet and summery. However it has no staying power. On me it lasts 2 hours, tops.

nawele5
nawele5

doesn't have anything to do with the original magniolia

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Pretty, nice, charming, feminine - these are the kind of words that spring to mind here.

It's the usual good-quality, well-crafted old style Rocher fragrance. I don't get much of particular notes, just a well-composed melange of white flowers, with maybe the jasmine slightly dominating. The drydown is mostly musk to me. No oakmoss, that's for sure.

The longevity is quite poor on me which is a surprise for a Yves Rocher composition. Usually the lasting power is spectacular from this house. Sillage is moderate.

You can see why these fragrances are no longer made. The presentation is irretrievably dated and mumsy. However, the juice is of high quality.

acronia_1989
acronia_1989

Good old days.
First birthday gift for my mother bought with my own money,I was 10 years

»likeable

Drutttungen
Drutttungen

I remember this perfume cause it was my mothers signature scent for many years. I loved it. A fresh feminine unique scent. I have tried to find something similair but havent! I really really whish that yves rocher would produce it again =(

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

First I thought I'll buy Cacharel Anais Anais, but then I opted to buy Magnolia. To me they smell very alike, but Magnolia somehow smells "cleaner", if that makes any sense:) My Mom used to use it about 20 years ago, and I used to steel a little here and there:) I rememeber how much I liked it, and although my taste in parfumes changed a lot I am pretty sure I will still love this beauty once I receive it! Just ordered a 100ml, not many to find nowadays, so I thought I'd better grab one before they completely vanish...:/

Kysyona
Kysyona

OK, it actually managed to settle on the skin before vanishing into the unknown ( as opposed to Vie Privee that is definitely nothing but a ghost dissipating instantly into thin air ). It is a soapy floral, wearing which could actually be nice after a long bath, emerging all fresh and clean. BUT - the initial surge of floral powderness dries down to nothing, a faint soapy scent detected only with your nose buried tight in your skin and only for the first 15 minutes, after that - forget it. I got to give it to YR, it does have the loveliest bottle ever: so romantic, reminding me of vintage porcelain painted over flakons our grandmothers used to have.

purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn

It's a very clean, fresh floral scent. Definitely smells like something more popular in the 90's, and definitely reminiscent of the stuff my mom used to put on me when I was 4 (after all, scent is the strongest sense tied to memory).

Obviously, the strongest note in here is the magnolia. I do get some of the lily, tuberose, and jasmine... but it all mixes together to form this 90's era-like scent, if that makes any sense at all. Personally, I love it. I love clean soapy scents. It's something I'd splash on right after a shower on a warm day.

craitza
craitza

In the 90's it was one of most popular perfumes.Floral,fresh,green,feminine...like the wind of the spring.I don't think it was a sweet scent.Very pleasant...

Manya3
Manya3

Soapy, peppery, clean white floral with a complex composition. I really, really like it - it's an instant mood uplifter!
It's very similar to Anais Anais, and I would say that they're close enough for me to not miss Magnolia, should I never find it again.

And I love you Sofia!!

distortech
distortech

Simple and nothing spectacular. Nonetheless, a nice take on magnolia and nice to have in the collection.

guest_mira
guest_mira

I just love it!! It's a beautiful, very feminine floral perfume; a heavy one...

guest_PuPu
guest_PuPu

I miss you.

judeaqua
judeaqua

Magnolia reminds me of my most favourite fragrance Anais Anais, and feels almost the same, as in everytime i wore them, they made me feel like an Alabaster Greek Goddess in a crisp, gossamer white flowing gown with a bit of green gauze lattice-work. romance of Gods according to me :)

jedikitty
jedikitty

I recall getting a small bottle, just tad larger than your regular sample sizes, with my YR cosmetic order way back when.
This fragrance was pretty but too flowery-sweet for me. The name "magnolia" was right on, a very strong magnolia indeed. All I was getting on my skin was 80% magnolia + 20% vanilla. No real lasting power though.
I gifted the bottle to my friend and she loved it.

Well, Sherihan I do not know a perfume exactly the same as this one, but it is a 'cleaner' version of the perfume Anais Anais in the vintage formulation. It is like they cleaned AA from the animalic notes that went on too strong. Then you have somekind of Magnolia.
Magnolia is an extremely complex perfume that you wear like an aura, you cannot always see it, but it really imprints your mood and spirit!

It was my lovely Aysu that gifted me a big bottle of this perfume. I have been treasuring it ever since. I was able to buy one bottle of this gem later on and decided to offer that 2nd bottle to my sweetheart Persephone. It is like liquid gold to me, it is sheer heaven and one of the most beautiful perfumes ever. Thank you Aysu, your gift stayes with me always.
Love,

guest_meme
guest_meme

Was given this by a French family as a thank you gift for showing their son around the countryside in the states. I relished the combination pack, and used it sparingly. I'd love to get it added to my regular parfumes.

Nemia
Nemia

I had this in the 80s. Much too white for me, like Anais Anais and Lily of the Valley... a pity because I'm certain on others, the fragrance is lovely. But it did nothing for me. Too sweet, too strong.

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

One of YR's best fragrances. I wish it was still available. I remember it as being a soft, floral delicate scent. Hope YR makes it again.

Thanks to Aysu I now finally have a larger bottle, the 60 ml! SO, Persephone, whenever you want to try out my 15 ml bottle, let me know!!

jeca

If you are looking for a fragrance with pure light living magnolia, Magnolia by YR is not light floral.

This fragrance is created in the style of 1980-ties. Oily, fruity, intense heavy floral. Some perfumes of that time I can describe as mix of everything ;o)) When I was young, I didn't think so. This fragrance together with Creation by Ted Lapidus were my "light" florals ;o))

I like it.

guest_princess
guest_princess

I remember this perfume my antie had it and once it a while i used to spray some on me . I was about 12 years. Now I'm almost 30 and I still remember the smell it was very nice .

Another true Yves Rocher vintage...
They have so many beautiful ones..
This one is actually quite green!

guest_Mae
guest_Mae

Fell in love with Magnolia since I was in high school...thank you for this website, we can give testimonial about the perfume we love...looking for it since then, it's not available in my area, hope you can produce large quantity for the world to know.

guest_annellz72

I got this stuff as a birthday gift when I turned 17. Im now 36 but I can still remember it scent that really leaves a trail. It's my all time favorite & I'm really longing to have it once again.

guest_Immortellebelle
guest_Immortellebelle

Its my very 1st perfume I'm in love with it. I bought the largest bottle when they were still selling here in Asia, and I'm reaching it's bottom, to it's last drop. I hope to continue using it but where on Earth have I get this? !!!

katyas
katyas

This was a lovely scent - I wish they still made it. It was soft, feminine and seductive without being overly anything.

Allegra
Allegra

Do they still make and sell this fragrance? Because the last time I sniffed it was probably in 1992 or so. A long time ago anyway! Brings back memories from my teenage years :)

jeca

I saw it in several Russian online stores...

tackica_ns
tackica_ns

One of my first perfumes, very nice, fresh and long lasting. I had several bottles.

jeca

I love it, maybe because of sweet memories. :-)

2007

Magnolia by Yves Rocher 3.71 out of 5 based on 230 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Magnolia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Magnolia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Magnolia by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Magnolia by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.