Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

dislike

yellow floral
marine
Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube Yves Rocher for women Pictures

Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube by Yves Rocher is a Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are pepper and sea notes; middle notes are water lily and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood and vanilla.

Pepper Sea Notes

Varens Original Borneo Dream

Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube Fragrance Reviews

cirmi
cirmi

I love it so much! Actually just loved, because I haven't seen this in the shops for a while, although I'd really be happy to buy it again. I love florals a lot and this scent reminds me of the flowery oils that I bought in arab bazaars in Egypt. Not all oriental perfumes contain oudh, some are just full flowers, like this one and they give some fancy names to them. This scent just brings me back beautiful memories from Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco.... I feel heartache and pleasure at the same time, therefor I have very strong feelings for this.... So is it discontinued or what? :

MihaelaT
MihaelaT

This is a very pleasant perfume, light and romantic in the same time, good for summer and spring. If only it would last longer :( ...it's very poor in that field unfortunately, maybe they can improve that feature somehow..

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I bought the small 30 ml bottle, and it was a dabber! Not a spray perfume!
I`m so disappointed, I have no use of "dabbers", I want to spray a lot, and especially when it`s a very light scent like this one. It`s so stupid.

Otherwise it smells very clean and fresh. It`s one of those "just got out of the shower" - perfumes.
The ylang ylang is very dominant, and even though the ylang smells clean, it will probably cause a headache on a lot of people with it`s sharp "perfumey" smell.

passionata20
passionata20

20. january 2013

I guess the notes listed here are if not wrong but very incomplete! There should be lotus or waterlily or some other aquatic notes listed. And because they are not i thought it is not the same as the modern "Ming shu" which i dislike very much. So i have bought it (thanks God very inexpensive) and was very dissapointed.
Let me tell you that this is just the same as the modern "Ming shu l´eau de toilette" just with a pepper and a hint of vanill (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ORIGINAL FROM THE 90´S).
If you like the modern "Ming shu" then you will like this one as well. Same aquatic waterlily scent, it starts out as a regular "Ming shu" and only then pepper note appears after several minutes, stays for another 15 minutes and then is gone, leaving you with that waterlily note. That simple! Vanilla appears only in the drydown and only as an echo, i´m still waiting for the ylang-ylang but either it does not appear here at all or appears only for such a shot period of time that i have simply missed it.
Not my cup of tea at all! Sorry, but you have to really like these kinf of smells, and while on someone it might be a bliss, on me it is a catastrophe.

UPDATE (few days later): Ok, now admins have added finally the whole rane of notes upon my request, and as you see it is very aquatic, so i was right. The voting for notes is not fair, since water lily and aquatic notes weren´t available until now so people couldn´t rate them. Actually the main notes ARE water lilly and aquatic notes with just a hint of ylang-ylang and a note of pepper.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

AUNZBOX
AUNZBOX

THIS PERFUME, VERY STRONG AND SHARP, I DON'T LIKE IT AT THE BEGINNING. WHEY IT DRY DOWN, ON MY SKIN, I SMELL LOTUS, A LITTLE BIT SYNTHETIC, FRESH AQUATIC WHITE FLORAL AND THEN VERY POWDERY. I THINK IT IS BEST FOR RAINING SEASON OR AFTER SHOWER IN THE SUMMER TIME.

lilou
lilou

Fresh and modern, as the 1st Ming Shu. Vanilla is very present, so it's more comfy and sweet. I love it. Perfect for spring and summer and good lasting power.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Am confused about this fragrance -- I bought it blind from the Yves Rocher website in my country, based solely on a test dab of the delightful Ming Shu Fleur Rare. It is pleasant enough, but I don't find the soft creamy nature of Fleur de l'Aube agreeable at all; I kept sniffing my skin hoping to get more of a distant, watery astringency, which I liked better. It doesn't smell at all like the ylang-ylang of my childhood, but of course that pleasant green-floral odor must be tempered (or blunted?) by the vanilla and sandalwood in combination. Unless I come to terms with this "creaminess" I'll have to go through my perfume wardrobe to find something greener to overlay this fragrance with.
Edit: Dabbed this fragrance on again after my shower this morning, and the ylang-ylang note is definitely there, but if you over-apply it gets lost amid all the others.

daliflora
daliflora

I've just purchased a bottle from e-bay. It's very similar to the other two Ming Shu fragrances I had (Ming Shu and Ming Shu Fleur Rare), but it's more spicy. The ylang-ylang note is very perceptible and, together with the pepper, adds to this fragrance an intriguing personality that wasn't suggested by the others Ming Shu. Fleur Rare was too mild for me, and I believe this one is a more successful version.
It's less aquatic than the original Ming Shu, which used to be a fabulous floral-aquatic (too bad it couldn't be found anymore), but it still has the same soft-oriental bouquet. I like it and would recommend it to lovers of nice and slightly intriguing spicy florals.

Update: 1. The lasting power of this is rather poor on my skin and the sillage is not fantastic too.
2. Yet, as the winter approaches and the air of the city is now rather chilly, this frag gives me an invigorating impulse whenever I wear it. It's almost like the flavour of the grapejuice (before the wine time), with an exotic twist.

arubadream
arubadream

The first time I sprayed it on me I didn't like it so much, but I decided to put it on everyday for 1 month to actually let it grow on me and decide if I like it or not.

The opening is quite strong, and Ylang Ylang is very prominent, pepper is hardly noticable, after a few hours it gives a very pleasant dry down of creamy vanilla, very soft and tender. It makes me warm which I like it alot.

The sillage is great so as the lasting power, it stays on me for about 12 hours. I took a bath and it's still there,I can still smell that creamy vanilla scent.

I would really recommend it for those who love Ylang Ylang because it smells like real Ylang Ylang which is all over the place in my country except in Ming Shu is a little bit sharper and warmer in a good way.

For me it's good for rainy days because it makes me feel so cozy and warm :)

vallin
vallin

too sweet and boring. mixed it up with original ming shu when i bought - dissapointed. understood it recently only. all this time i tought - this perfume cant smell like lotus and peach haha, and it was right

picasso_x
picasso_x

I buy this perfume for my daughter and she love it. This perfume is fresh flower sweet but not over power. Soft and gentle beautiful and so feminine. Good long lasting good for every day wear. Good one from Yves Rocher.

omixochitl
omixochitl

This scent is very nice. It's a strong floral. I am not a fan of the opening, it's too cloying for my taste. The drydown is amazing though. On my skin it smells like white flowers, beautiful. I really recommend it for those who are looking for a clean, fresh strong floral.

Poor longevity though.

I shooked my head and groaned, when I read in the regular YR monthly offer: "Ming Shu got a makeover!". The changes sounded nice, but after smelling it, I preferred the original EDT...

Notes from YR:
TOP: marine notes, pepper
HEART; nymphaea stellata, ylang ylang
BASE: vanilla and sandalwood

This particular formulation opens just as fresh with subtle hints of peppercorns. An interesting contrast to the fruity fresh opening of the Fleur Rare, it is more fresh than spicy and warmly watery. The heart still has the water lily blossom, but is made richer with the addition of ylang ylang, full and heady, with a hint of the tropics. As the top recedes, and the heart opens, I detect something very synthetic(?), and kind of bitter; thought this disappears as the flowers loom larger. The drydown here is more oriental with a sheer vanilla and creamy sandalwood. I had this, and usually like rich florals with an oriental finish; but actually only kept the 15 ml purse spray, and gifted the FB, shower gel and lotion to a friend. I definitely prefer the older version of this(Fleur Rare). FR is more appropriate for daytime and spring, where Fleur d'Aube is more suited for night time, to my nose, and its richness is actually nicer in the warmer temperatures of summer or early fall. This is definitely the more feminine of the two versions...

Sillage: good
Longevity: great
Overall: 3.5/5

I can see why this may have been a better seller than the Fleur Rare, but FR will always be Ming Shu to me; and this I refer to as "Flower of the Dawn"! A very nice reformulation for sure, but not as wonderful to me...

RainbowWriter
RainbowWriter

I love this perfume. For several years I used to wear just this. Beautiful, pure scent. It's even a little bit meditative. I love the bluish colour effect. This fragrance is like my nature, 'cause the colour reminds me of water and my feelings are as intuitive and vary as water's flow. For me this fragrance has quite a cold heart and I'd wear this in the summer night. It's romantic and intimate too.

marcela86
marcela86

I bought this last year and I didn't like it, i gave it too my mom. Last week I found this in my mom's bethroom and i try it again. This time I truly love it, so floral and fresh, and after two hours develops so beautiful, almost divine. I couldn't believe that smell it's mine, I thought somebody else it's smelling so lovely.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Everything within you breathes in harmony with this delicate, voluptious fragrance when you wrap yourself in this scent of serenity.

Josie_the_duck
Josie_the_duck

My mother used to have this perfume and after few years I decided to buy it because I remember it to be so fresh and beautiful. I like this perfume very much, it's soft and very-very fresh. It's not overwhelming and I wear it very often. The bottle is fine, it has interesting color which changes at the light, like a color of petrol. These perfume is a great buy for me.

sasadeen
sasadeen

I like this scent a lot. Smells so good and perfect for summer. Waterly fresh, sweet and peaceful.

try2t
try2t

I prefer Fleur Rare, I bought this one by accident. The smell is quite strong at first and then the middle note was more "digestable" and the base note is the classic Ming Shu "image".

katyas
katyas

This is a more intense version of Ming Shu - it has a bit more of a bite when you first put it on. I suppose that is the addition of the pepper to the top notes. I like it OK - the bottle is gorgeous. You can't tell from this picture, but it is sort of ... glazed ... with iridescence. That alone was worth the price of getting the perfume. If you like Ming Shu but would like it to have more "oomph," you should like this one.

Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube by Yves Rocher 3.55 out of 5 based on 146 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ming Shu Fleur de l'Aube by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.