Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

coconut
yellow floral
Monoi Eau des Vahines Yves Rocher for women Pictures

Monoi Eau des Vahines is a limited edition for 2012 and is ideal for use on the beach. The fragrance exudes exotic notes of tiare flower, ylang-ylang, coconut and vanilla. Available as 100 ml EDT.

The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Gracia-Cetto.

Ylang-Ylang Vanilla Coconut Tiare Flower

Prodigieux Le Parfum

Monoi Eau des Vahines Fragrance Reviews

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Wow..this fragrance is the summer,the sun,the sea, and all that evokes the summer! Strong opening of Tiare flowers,fresh and sunny. In the dry-down becomes creamy thanks to the coconut and vanilla, which make the fragrance almost gourmand, but keeping the harmony and the initial light... great fragrance for the summer. I like it!

Sillage: 6./10
Longevity: 7./10
Scent: 8./10

Overall: 8.5/10

wiley001
wiley001

It's high quality, and has quality ingredients, including coconut oil and extract of tiare. It smells nice in the bottle and when I put it on, but unfortunately after a while I start smelling like an overripe papaya. Not in a good way. I think this is the fault of my body chemistry. A lot of things end up making me smell rather putrid, so I'm sure this would work a lot better on someone else.

Alisa90
Alisa90

This perfume smells like sun cream! It reminds me of sunny weather, sandy beaches and palm trees! I simply love it! I also have the shower gel/shampoo Monoi, it smells just like the perfume.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

This is summer in a bottle ! A beautiful and long lasting sweet fragrance of vanilla, monoi and coconut. Smells like being on the beach - like warm sunny skin . It also has a retro or vintage vibe going on. Smells like how I imagine a sexy Hawaiian pinup girl from the 50's smell! The bottle is also a bit retro which I love ! I also use the shimmer oil, regular dry oil and bodywash from this serie which makes the beautiful scent last longer . In colder weather it reminds me of Lolita Lempicka Elle L'aime, which I sometimes use at the same time for evening wear. A very affordable little gem <3

wera
wera

Ilove this scent ;) I am true lover of seet, musky, vanilla, powdery scents, to begin with, not a big fan of flowers because often they are sour and then automatically reminds me of bathroom fresheners, don't know why...
This scent is not sour at all on my skin, it is sooo optimistic and feminine, creamy, a perfection :)
and also it doe not give me a headache, while the majority scent do, unfortunately :(

Musky4
Musky4

I had high hopes for this but am a bit disappointed. It's certainly a tropical suntan lotion scent, but to me it smells very synthetic and harsh. I'd have liked a creamier coconut note and a fresher, more natural aroma overall. It does remind me of Terracotta. Lasting power is good but I think it would be too suffocating to wear in a hot and humid climate.

UPDATE
Having worn this quite a few times now, it's really grown on me and my opinion has changed. Weather makes a big difference to this fragrance - I've been wearing it on warm days and the harsh note that I disliked has softened very quickly leaving a lovely warm, exotic scent which reminds me of a bowl of ripe apricots! I'm definitely getting more sweetness and creaminess now. This is really delicious and I can imagine wearing this lots during the summer. In fact, it'll probably be my new go-to perfume for warm, sunny days.

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

I absolutely adore this scent! The tiare note is so creamy, sweet, it is almost fruity. This fragrance is tropical indeed, perfect for summer, but I would imagine wearing it also during the other seasons. Unlike some YR perfumes, it lasts quite a lot (5-6 hrs I would say) and the sillage is moderate as well.

plum
plum

Received it for free as a "thank you" gift for my order from Yves Rocher website.
Used it yesterday for the first time, and, to be honest I couln't stand myself! Used it today again, and again, I was walking and wishing I could run away and leave this smell behind.
I wasn't familiar with tiare flower and I don't like it I guess. To heavy and overwhelming. It may be better for holiday in tropics or for just very hot weather becuse it takes you into that holiday mood. I almost found it inappropriate to wear in the spring time in the city.
Not sure if I want to wear it again.

christina.cvetkovic
christina.cvetkovic

Awesome summer scent! LOVE IT! From the beginning to the end. Very nicee!

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

This is a little budget spring and summer gem. Tiare flower is the star of the show. Its a simple, clean scent that isnt fruity or sweet. The vanilla is creamy. The Ylang Ylang is the other dominant note dancing with the Tiare flower.

This is perfect to layer with Alien Extraordinaire. I like to add coconut to Vahines to make it more tropical. On my skin, the coconut doesnt show up. You can use it with Alien Absolute to cut the syrupy goodness in that to make it more spring/summer.

This leans definitely floral than coconut tropical. If you love tiare to wear in warmer climates this is a good choice at a great price. Wait out the opening blast. Its strong but does get better and mellow out.

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I got a shock when I ordered this as due to the tiny picture on my phone I mistook this for body oil!
I was pleasantly surprised (even if I still need a body oil!).
This is pure sunshine in a bottle. Yes, it is very suntan lotion-y, but in the best way. It is such a happy scent.
I was surprised to see people say it doesn't last. To me it is very strong. One spray to a scarf and the smell has gone on and on. It is still there after two days.
I really like it. It is a carefree holiday smell. It isn't complicated at all. It just smells of sunshine and holidays.

Piscean-Blue
Piscean-Blue

Yaaasss... Yaaaaaassss...

As one of the reviewers here said, this is summer in a bottle. Nothing super complicated going here; it's a very simple composition and it works. You get coconut but not too much and (thankfully) not too sweet. Ylang Ylang and Tiare, two typical beachy florals, are thrown in there to complete the mix. Wonderful. I almost like it as much as Estee Lauder's "Bronze Goddess".

And so simple it's very layer-friendly. I especially like it with fruitier as well as deep smoky scents (but it doesn't work well at all with sharp green florals imo).

An awesome cheapie-but-goodie. You're getting so much for the price. The one issue is longevity; it's not the worst but don't expect this stuff to last all day. Oh, and it does smell like suntan lotion-ish. Personally I love that scent but if you have issues with that you might want to stay away.

Hoolly
Hoolly

I do not like it. I was waiting for a fresh sweet coconut and tiaré scnent. Instead of I got a very syntethic shower gel scent. I do not smell any coconut at all in it. It lasts only for 10 minutes. Very disappointed.
Guerlain terracotta is 1000% better then this YR. They are not in the same category, not similar at all.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

The holiday fragrance.
Reminds me blue ocean, white sand and coconut trees, cocktails and hot caribbean nights.
Simple & delightfull.

This is a bargain, thank you Yves Rocher !

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I really liked this as I typically love tropical inspired scents. I love tiare, vanilla and coconut so its hard to go wrong with this combo. YR Monoi Vahines open very bright and sunny but also a bit sharp and harsh. The tiare is obviously the most concentrated note with the vanilla and coconut background providing a creamy base and a touch of ylang to add the exotic touch. It is quite enjoyable and lasts quite a while on my skin. However I probably would have loved this had I not already owned and loved CSP Aloha Tiare EDT. IMO CSP hands down is a much better composition with a heavier dose of coconut, vanilla, and ylang and added bezoin which IMO softens the intensity of the tiare better and adds more warmth and depth.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I like this, but not as much as I'd hoped, sadly. It's definitely not a love for me. The gardenia is just too strong for my liking. The coconut is also very much overshadowed by the florals. The opening is really harsh on me as well. I enjoy it best after about an hour or two, once it's calmed down. This is very tropical and summery, but it's more of a sun dress and wedge heels or sandals kind of perfume, not for a bikini and the beach. At least that's not the vibe I get from gardenia, or any summery, heavy white floral perfume, for that matter.
Longevity is 8+ hours and projection is strong to moderate.

amberd
amberd

This is a tropical beach vacation in a bottle. Sweet, flowery, coconut. Yves Rocher always had many products with Tiare flower , so I was really glad when this fragrance came out.
Oke, it's not a fancy EDP with different layers of notes, but for such a budget friendly fragrance, it has a quite good sillage and longetivity.

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

This is absolutely summery, relaxing and gorgeous. Like diving into a pool of fragant oil, gardenias, coconut and vanilla. Whenever I wear this I feel like a nudist hippie or one of those exotic women portrayed by Gauguin wandering across the beach. This is the same smell from Yves Rocher Monoi hair and body oil. I´ve been using their oil for my frizzy, curly hair for years and always wanted some eau de toilette with some staying power featuring that wonderful yet volatile smell, and here it is.

Not extremely long lasting and moderate sillage, but I´ve discovered that it lasts longer if I rub some of the oil on my skin before spraying it. Not a complicated fragance, in fact it´s very simple but so beautiful in it´s simplicity.

Curiously, I can´t smell the alcohol denat in this, it smells so very oily, almost the same as the very Monoi oil itself.

goldiloks
goldiloks

Yummy! Smells just like Monoi Tahiti hair and body oil, though not as sweet. I imagine layering the two would be beautiful.

It lacks warmth on my skin, and I feel like I want it to be oilier and sweeter, but I might try layering with some coconut oil, or perhaps Palmers Cocoa Butter will do the trick :)

If you like Roberto Cavalli EDP drydown, but want something more day-friendly, less heavy, then you'll love this cheap and cheerful summer frag!

Grodanmimmi
Grodanmimmi

Summer in a bottle, sweet seductive and yummy! Enough said

star24
star24

Carmen Miranda at the Copa Cabana with Boney M singing hooray hooray its a holiday all rolled into one very plain little bottle(anyone not born in the 70s may need to look up these references!!!!).Tropical yum in a bottle,white floral,yummy coconut and vanilla simple and sooo cheap this is a no brainer must have.
Don't expect complex blends of hidden notes or expensive price tags just enjoy this for what it is a lovely summer tropical treat at a super price.Oh and it has better lasting power and sillage than many high end edp's and this is edt.Now all I need is a beach body to go with it!!!

lfarinas
lfarinas

My favourite to take on vacation, performs great in hot humid salty climate. Smells like Tiare flowers and coconut, nothing extravagant yet very nice relaxing smell.The entire Monoi line from Yves Rocher I find quite pleasant, prefer over other expensive brands that release similar products every summer ;) For the price you pay for this can't really go wrong. They also have an alcohol free body spray that's great to have on your beach bag, as well as couple of oils that don't leave residues and soothe or enhace skin after a day in the sun. I recommend all of the products from that line.

Blåsten
Blåsten

I like it, but i was expecting a little more exotic feel from this, than powder. i get a very sweet smelling powder from this, but people compliments me on it, and says it smells like peach. so not bad.

mystica
mystica

I found that Monoi Eau des Vahines has a soothing effect. It's so sweet, soft, light, delicious, summery, beachy and relaxing... And detectable. When this combo goes with filter coffee and biscuits, it instantly dissolves stress in any environment. Go for it. Other people too seem to love it.

Java Sparrow
Java Sparrow

A delicious, uplifting and calming scent of tahitian gardenia and oily coconut milk. It is very tropical, not in a beachy but in a classy way. I like to use it in a cold european climate and during colder seasons. In summer I like it too, but then it seems sweeter, heavier and more coconutty. Anyway, I always love it. I think it's a great complex scent and not a simple summer spray. The bottle is also very nice and unusual in its exquisite simplicity.

unmonotiti
unmonotiti

This is definitely a fragrance for warm, humid weather. I tried wearing it during cold weather, and it smells synthetic, like one of those bathroom sprays. Terrible. However, when I wore it in hot, humid weather, and even went into the pool, the scent was much nicer, floral, not synthetic.

Katrin77
Katrin77

I have an almost full bottle of this for swap, without the box. PM me. It smells exaclty like the YR sun tan lotions. Also reminds me of some fragranced erasers in the 80's :)

lizakaya
lizakaya

I picked up a bottle of this on vacation in Mexico, and it was perfect for the hot humid tropical weather. The sultry hot weather really calls up the coconut, vanilla, sea salty accord that really makes this monoi scent pop. On the heels of the success of Terracotta Le Parfum by Guerlain this summer, everyone and their mom swears they have the perfect dupe. This is the closest dupe to TLP I have smelled all summer, this is just a touch less delicate but also a touch less animalic. I can spray liberally without being offensive and tend to use almost like a body spray. I will surely plow through this bottle very quickly and need to repurchase.

vos
vos

a truley exotic fragrance. Nice for hot summer days on the beach and most of all very cheap.. no call it inexpensive. it has quality.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Sweet tanning oil! I adore tiare flower so there was no way I wasn't going to like this. Is it unique? No. But it's a fun, sweet summer scent that you can pick up for peanuts. If you're looking for a sweet sunscreen, look no further. This is it!

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

Fantastic for when you're in the mood for an exotic, beachy summer scent. I'd like to get the oil and try layering it with other perfumes to give them a beachy vibe. Don't know of it will work but it sounds promising.

evacecilias
evacecilias

At first sniff - wooahh a horrific synthetic blast.
It is not often I have to wash stuff away.
But since I can't get rid of it in swap , I figured I try it again !
The heart and drydown really improves and actually gets close to the Guerlain terracotta , that I just had a little sample of.
They are both weak , skinclose after hours wear. But pleasant and I can see how they both appeal to a crowd.
I find vahines to be slightly fruitier but
I would pick Terracotta out of the two If I had another go
But got this recently in a swap , cause reviews were so good...
I can only reply that it has to be combined with its cheap prize cause I still find the composition quite synthetic and its hard to pick the individuel notes.
I now know I can wear it , but it wont't be my first choice for hot summer days

polly golightly
polly golightly

il profumo dell'estate è questo, per me. tiarè, cocco, ylang ylang e un lieve accenno di vaniglia affumicata. nonostante le note fiorite siano predominanti rimane un'impressione di spiaggia sul pacifico, gradevolissima. la persistenza è davvero notevole, il prezzo ottimo. molto più tollerabile di intense tiarè di montale.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

This is such a gorgeous exotic smell I can't believe how cheap it was. It's floral, creamy and dreamy without being cloying, exotic and feminine.

Lovely sweet tiare and nutty coconut with a hint of smoky vanilla, it is very floral and reminds me of my most treasured Burberry London, which also had tiare in it.

This will be my holiday scent meaning I don't have to worry about my Burberry evaporating in my bag on the beach!

It is Edt but 1 spray on each arm is still projecting really well, my neighbour just asked me what I was wearing whilst we had a natter in the garden!

I got the Monoi de Tahiti traditional oil at the same time and it smells almost the same and sinks in really lovely, it doesn't just sit on your skin but leaves a sexy scented sheen.

I can imagine this being lovely on your hair & skin after a day in the sun.
Go on, get both and feel exotic & gorgeous!!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Love at first sniff.

I have no idea what tiare smells like, but this perfume smells like REAL bushes of warm flowers blooming in the summer.
Not fake or synthetic. Not harsh and sharp like most other floral perfumes.

Almost gourmand, creamy, smooth...

Vanilla, coconut, honey (!?), and mild, mild lotion-y flowers are what I can smell here.

And the price is just amazing. I can`t believe I haven`t tried this until now.

CPelly82
CPelly82

Absolutely beautiful. I wanted a summer scent with a heavy coconut fragrance and I got it. This can be worn day or night and the scent lasts. Thank you Frayja for swapping with me again. This truly is one of the nicest perfumes I own.

Elen70
Elen70

Hm, that's great. It was a blind buy - but a good one. Tiare and coconut. Coconut and tiare. Very simple line, but it is perfectly worked out. Tropical summer in a bottle. Warm and happy, it can make you smile whole day. Highly recommended if you want a very good perfume but you don't have too much money ;) It is at least as good as Montale's Intense Tiare is. (And I really like the Montale perfumes!)

Cruinneach
Cruinneach

I decided not not like it 'cos when I was few years younger I've had times when I have used both coconut and vanilla so much I can't stand overpowering smell of neither of them.

Now. Close your eyes. You are at the Mediterranean coast. It's afternoon and you are relaxed in a beach chair by the hotel pool. You can hear people talking distantly while you are almost in a sleep. It's been long day shopping at the bazar. The sun is burning hot though you just get of the pool. Only a slight wind from the sea brings the smell of local flowers combined to the smell of sun oil. The smell is not sophisticated it's relaxed smell of holiday. More exotic and warm than superficial.

That's Monoi to me.

It's not like Hawaiian Tropic sun cream, unfortunately. Hawaiian tropic has more fresh, fun and young coconut scent.

At first you can smell Piña Colada with a warm spicy and floral scent, after few hours you still got left warm floral vanilla.

It's not like the old Monoi fragrance - the old one was a way lighter and milder.

rainbowwriter91
rainbowwriter91

I agree a lot with DarkViolet because I was born in the middle of summer. To me this smells aquatic, fresh, flowery and strongly vanilla. It's very long lasting with a moderate sillage so I would call this a high quality fragrance which surprised me for its low price. This is actually the best vanilla fragrance that I've tried yet compared to S by Shakira and Rise by Beyonce. This became one of my instant favorites but I'm still not sure if this could become my signature. It's anyway worth buying and trying and I cordially recommend this to other summer souls alike myself! Would buy this again.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

I was born at the beginning of summer, and I guess that’s one of the main reasons for me to adore everything related to the warmest time of the year :)

For long time, much before getting seriously addicted to fragrances, I had been fatally attracted by beauty products containing coconut and tiare extracts or - more frequently - monoi oil in all forms. I still wasn’t aware of the existence of a flower named gardenia tahitiensis, neither I knew exactly what heavenly concoction produced the creamy, nutty, overly exotic scent of those famous Hawaiian suntan ointments: all I wanted was to possess that scent to renew the feel of the sunbeams on my skin, of the warmth of sand, of all the pleasant sensations connected to a holiday at the sea.
Back then I would have never imagined such a wonderful mix of smells could make a fragrance on its own, otherwise I would have searched for it high and low (ignorance is bliss). Truth is, since Aloha Tiaré by Comptoir Sud Pacifique this genre of fragrances has notably increased and this trend doesn't seem to stop, so last year I wasn’t surprised when I saw Monoi Eau de Vahinés at an Yves Rocher store; I had a little spray of it on the back of my hand, and in the end I decided to go for the oil from the same line (that could easily work as a scent itself during summer). Probably I found this EdT a bit too simple, too linear, too fleeting.. not what I craved for at that moment, although the scent for itself was very lovely.
We all know things can change easily when it comes to perfume, so last week I went again to that store and found it for about half of the price tag (less than 13 Euro for a 100 ml, a steal). I couldn’t leave it there! In the meanwhile I had been testing the above mentioned Aloha Tiarè, which I liked only partially due to the strange soapy-synthetic opening, and realized I just needed a carefree fragrance, a mood lifter, something able to transport me to unknown places where everything feels peaceful.

This fragrance does all that, it is a straightforward but very effective take on monoi where each note’s quality is amazingly enhanced by each other to give a stunning feel of wellbeing, relax and exotic sensuality. Uniqueness is not to be expected from this scent, you won't find nothing extra-ordinary here... still, few other fragrances feel so natural and "complete" in their simplicity.

On my skin tiare feels extremely lively, creamy and luscious from the first moment, almost buttery and gourmand, with that slight “pink” fruity nuance that’s typical of some white flowers; soon after the coconut appears, providing depth and increasing the overall sweetness without getting cloying. The connection to sunscreen gets more and more evident from there on, with tiare and coconut playing harmoniously together without overwhelming each other and melting with skin like a veil of lotion or tanning oil would do. What’s left after a couple of hours is a delicious trail of vanilla and coconut, with a caressing breeze coming from the exotic white flower that lingers for hours on my skin. Even the bottle is really pretty, and the goldenish color of the juice is a perfect match to the scent for me.
My only complaint about this fragrance is maybe the lack of intensity after the initial blast of tiare: a more noticeable sillage would have made of Monoi Eau de Vahinés the perfect tropical scent for me, but as for longevity this scent is unbelievably tenacious for an EdT! (about 8 hours on me).

In the end, I would recommend this YR scent to everyone looking for a honest coconut+tiare based fragrance... and to those who are not familiar with monoi and are in search of a creamy fragrance to use during summer I wholeheartedly advice to get their hands on this unpretentious (and very affordable!) beauty.
As for me, I will enjoy this Edt for the entire upcoming summer (planning to buy the body spray too, that doesn’t contain alcohol so it can be worn during sunbaths).

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Monoi Eau des Vahines reminds me very much of Roberto Cavalli perfume. They have that same sort of honeyed sunshine vibe. I don't get much coconut here - mainly tiare and vanilla. It's sweet and has some crazy lasting power - I showered and can still smell it on my wrist. I find it a bit too strong for my taste to wear during the day in the summer but it will make a great summer night fragrance and I bet it's even good to wear when the weather cools down.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I was really excited to try this out, because as a child I used and loved the Yves Rocher Monoi de Tahiti showergel. It was blue, and it smelled soooo good. I've really missed that scent since the bottle ran out. When I read that one of the bloggers I follow had bought this, the perfume version of the lovely smell I remembered, I had to buy it. And I'm sure as hell not disappointed! This is exactly the smell I remember from my childhood. And now I have a huge bottle of it. It's so tropical, the perfect scent for summer. I'm really picky about tropical scents with coconut notes, because the coconut can be really synthetic and overpowering, but not in here. In this perfume, the Tiare flower is the star of the show. It's so well blended, and the price is amazing for the amount of perfume you get.

Emma0714
Emma0714

This is straight up an amazing summer scent. My kind of tropical, not to sticky sweet, but creamy floral and coconutty. It opens up a tiiiny tiny bit on the synthetic side with the floral notes, just the first minutes or so then the vanilla and coconut breaks through and balances the whole thing out.

It smells like sitting underneath the shadows of a palmtree, next to a tiare shrub sipping on a Piña Colada.

My favourite use of this is as an "after sun" scent. Taking a bath, then layering this over The Body Shop Polynesian Spa Monoï body balm, and then mix a cocktail.

Marli1973
Marli1973

I love Monoi eau des vahines so much that I got two bottles. The price is a steal for such a lovely scent. That comes to show that a perfume doesn't need to be expensive to be good and not all expensive perfumes are good. 10/10

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I just received my Monoi EDT in the mail today and I have to say I absolutely LOVE this fragrance!I have been searching for a monoi/tiare tropical fragrance for a long time.I was skeptical about ordering from Yves Rocher because yes I admit I can be a bit of a fragrance snob and usually spend a liitle more on my perfumes.I only paid 19.00$ on this large bottle of perfume.I sprayed some on and waited.I was really shocked! This is a gorgeous natural smelling tiare scent.This is perfectly blended.The tiare flower is the dominate note the coconut is there but it is more blended in with the floral note.When it dries down it is this beautiful soft tiare vanilla coconut ocean breeze.This is a perfect beachy surfer girl or island goddess perfume.It is tropical wthout being fruity.The silliage is medium and longevity very good.You might not want to over apply in the heat of summer because even though this is fresh it is a warm fresh smell and it is on the sweet side but this in no way is gourmand sweet.I ordered another back up bottle and 2 bottles of the matching body mist.I will purchase this as long as its available.I like this much better than Estee Lauder bronze goddess fragrance spray which smells like chemicals and makes me feel sick.Yves Rocher Monoi is natural smelling and very high quality for the price that you pay.I would pay full price for this fragrance.If you like tropical white florals like Michael Kors or sun tan lotion scents like Bronze Goddess you have to try this fragrance.This is a tropical island beach bottled.The packaging is not fancy and my cap leaks when I spray it but I will deal with it.This is a beautiful island girl fragrance.Try it you won't be dissapointed!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This scent smells like a REAL flower. It is precious, creamy, simple so tropical. I love this. It is so South Pacific that it can transport you there in the middle of an arctic winter. Last for ever and even longer on your clothing. Cheap and great? What's better than that?

miaou
miaou

This one's smell is a lot closer to actual Monoi de Tahiti than YR Monoi de Tahiti body spray's smell. I can surely say that, cause i'm a monoi maniac, and i own both fragrances and a bottle of real Monoi oil.
Previous commenter is absolutely right about AG Songes - and i own it too : )

Turtledove
Turtledove

I'll admit I had high hopes for this, I love the smell of monoi (I haven't tried the Yves Rocher version of the actual oil) but Eau des Vahines just doesn't measure up. Now, I'm not one to bash low-cost perfumes, there are some that are well blended and amazing, but this one just smells cheap, it's a little thin and synthetic.

There's something a little too sharp and detergent/chemical in the floral notes that don't like, and the vanilla has a powdery-plastic tone to it, like doll hair. It does have tons of tiare with that buttery-rubbery tuberose feeling, but regular monoi oil smells much better to me, it's more rich, dense and sweet but also softer, this just feels like a thin, watery imitation. It's light and it smells nice enough if you don't overdo it, I'd consider using a body spray like this, but I wouldn't pay retail for a perfume.

If you're looking for something similar, I'd try Annick Goutal Songes or Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar. Songes has a gorgeous jasmine-vanilla-tiare, it has the dense, waxy-honey richness of monoi but with a little more depth, and it lasts for ages. Indian Coconut Nectar has the same creamy gourmand vanilla-coconut combo as Eau des Vahines. It's as cheap or cheaper than the Yves Rocher, but doesn't smell as thin and sharp. Outremer (or L'aromarine) Vanille is another affordable option, it has a similar waxy-honeyish vanilla.

Hieroglyph
Hieroglyph

so i read this post on a beauty blog and this girl wrote an article and it said that monoi is her fav summer scent so i got really curious, when i first got it, i almost died, in a negative way obviously, it was so strong, i felt like i was going to faint
but idk i reallyyyyyy like it nowadays, its nice, but if you dont like the strong scent i would reccomend the BODY MIST, it a lil cheaper obviously and a lil lighter

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I was looking for a facimile of Ambre Solaire Sun oil, and this wasn't it. In saying that, it's not awful, just too darn buttery and cloying to wear in the heat. Maybe in Autumn/Winter it would be nicer? For a bit of an experiment, whilst running a bath, I thought it might be nice to try fragrancing the air with a bit of this, hoping the steam would diffuse it a bit. It was good. Brought out the tiare whilst letting the heavy buttery stuff disappear I know not where. I'll try it again in winter, and let you know.

dreadpiraterachel
dreadpiraterachel

This was a blind buy based on a blogger's review. I wanted a nice, tropical summer fragrance, but this was not it. On my skin, it develops into a warm, creamy, rice-pudding scent, with hints of coconut milk. It's lovely, but far too cloying for summer. Now that the weather has cooled a bit, I've started wearing this fragrance more, and I really do love it for autumn. I can see by the reviews that my experience is not typical, but I'm actually happy that this is more of a cool-weather scent for me, since where I live, the cool weather lasts nine months out of the year.

My husband loves this on me; he's a big fan of sweet, gourmand scents, and when I wore this for a date night recently, he told me I smelled "edible." I'm assuming he meant it in a metaphorical, non-cannibalistic way.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is really the EDT version of the famous " monoï" also from Yves Rocher. As simple as that. Don't confuse it with the Eau Parfumante either, this one contains alcohol, and you shouldn't use it under the sun...
The lasting power is good, it's one of the most beachy , summery , holiday scent I know.
Weird Yves Rocher took so long to launch this EDT whereas the monoï oil has been existing for ever ...

li_day
li_day

Just right after spraying it, I love it. Smells like "coconut oil" and its delicious. If I close my eyes, I can perfectly imagine myself lying on the beach. But after half an hour when it sets on my skin, I cannot stand it anymore. At that point it gets overly sweet and makes me sick. All I can think is "This would be perfect diluted with water".
I'm glad I waited and didn't buy it on the spot. I would have regreted it. I really want to like it, but it's just too much. The vanilla in it may be the one to blame.
Monoi de Tahiti was similar, but in my opinion it was more fresh and wearable. It wasn't THAT sweet.

Lovers of coconut and those of you with a really sweet tooth, that's for you~~

Sannee77
Sannee77

I really wanted to like this... But yuck!! I bought it blind based on the notes listed, thought that it would be a great beachy summer fragrance at a nice price. But I'm so disappointed! Smells really artificial and cloying. Thumbs down from me.

Edit: It's quite similar to Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess, which I also find to be a sickeningly artificial disaster. If anybody knows of a coconut scent that is fresh, crisp and natural smelling, please let me know!

coffeebee88
coffeebee88

I bought it blind, and unfortunately I regret doing so. I really wanted a summery coconut scent, but the tiare overwhelmingly dominates and I find it really quite cloying. I guess it just doesn't work for me. Interestingly I really like the companion shampoo and shower gel, I'm contemplating purchasing the body spray in the hope that its similar!

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I expected nothing at all of this fragrance but I like it a lot. It works for me as my tropical and summer version of the creamy tuberose and other white flowers scents which I adore so much. When in the middle of the very warm mediterranean summer I miss my flowers after many days of citrus and fresher blends, the use of this easy comforts and settles my anxiety. Love the fact that I can feel ylang ylang tiare and coconut much more than vanilla which is there but not reigning the whole thing. A sweet creamy and cheap alternative in summer nights.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Nice summer beachy tropical scent! Light and comfortable wear. Tiare flower-coconut-vanilla just as listed. It smells like those wonderful spf lotions from 80's, oh how I miss those! This scent is a beach in the bottle! Keep on telling myself 1 more month till Mexico vaca:)
This was swap and I'm very happy about it:)
Can't stop smelling it! Hangs around for 5 hours, Love it!

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

I have long had a passion for the tropics since I visited the Carribean several years ago.

My visit helped since get me started in my interest of collecting palm trees and tropical plants to decorate the interior of the homes I've lived in.
That's how I fell in love for with the fabulous gardenia flower, so fragrantly unique.
Now that I am interested in wearing those tropical scents, I have been searching for the Tiare flower in a compsition that fully displays it's unique character.

I have a couple of tiare scents, such as LouLou and Mariah Carey's "M", but these have only made me want to search further to fully identify the flower's scent.
I settled on Monoi Eau des Vahines because of it's description in reviews, and in the end I was able to pick one up for a reasonable price (Thank-You CeeCee!).

With the first few spritzes, Eau des Vahines smelled like a vanilla candle- a total bummer. After showering, I spritzed it on liberally, then in about an hour, I started to smell a sweet and spicy floral surrounded by yummy ice creaminess, then the floral accord developed further as the coconut and vanilla disappeared. Then to my delight, beautiful gardenia made it's appearance, wafting through as the composition took another turn.

Monoi Eau des Vahines lasts several hours, smells lovely but stays close to the skin after settling. Could be great layering with other Tiare or tropical scents. Would be great for taking on vacation to any beach destination this spring or summer!

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

Tiare, coconut and vanilla a summer beach day in a bottle. Lovely.

freddinos
freddinos

Oh my God, this is so beautiful! It's all I ever imagined Aloha Tiare by CSP would have been(and wasn't)! A lovely tropical scent, sort of thick and 'oily' in a way that it reminds me of beach products (suntan oil etc). The subtle coconut is paired amazingly with tiare, and the result is perfect to my nose! Roll on summer!

Krissiii
Krissiii

I love this fragrance and although it is an Eau de Toilette, it is very long lasting and soft. It reminds me of my last holidays in Hawaii, especially on Frangipani flowers. I simply love it and I hope that the limited edition of this fragrance isn't limited any more when my bottle comes to an end!

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

I'm surprised at how much I like this fragrance. I get a nice whiff of tiare flower with subtle but definite accompaniment of coconut. Vanilla is more subdued to me and it plays third fiddle to the tiare and coconut.

The coconut in this fragrance is not sweet candied coconut, it is a tad bit decadent (for want of a better word); smells more like coconut oil, rather than coconut itself.

And through it all, I like it. The fragrance has a soft, creamy rounded comforting quality, and it can be easily worn even in cold dreary weather - it seems to have a warming effect. Love the bottle, it is ergonomically well designed and cute to boot. Eau de Vahines may not be a ground-breaking fragrance but it is both cosy and wearable. Good longevity as well.
Thanks to the lovely melbritt24 for giving me a sample, which led me to acquire a full bottle.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Wow, this smells a lot like Comptoir's Aloha Tiare. To some, this may sound like a good thing, but for me, it's one of my least favorites of the Comptoir line. It's not bad, but to be honest, I was expecting a little more from Monoi Eau des Vahines. I really wish I was able to smell more of the vanilla, or even the coconut. But unfortunately, all I get is a huge blast of tiare flower. I don't like saying this, but I would not buy this again.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

This feels like a time machine in a bottle to me. It so strongly reminds me of 1950's glamour that I tend to wear red lipstick and dresses when I wear this, and I feel like I should be at a party with a gardenia tucked behind my ear. Even the bottle is perfect; it looks retro/old-fashioned and feels nice in my hand. I am not usually one for strong white florals, but this is just so beautiful...A creamy, coconutty tropical tiare flower on a base of vanilla. It has a wonderful trail for the first couple of hours.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I just received this in the mail today and immediately sprayed my arm. It is very strong at first and I thought wow...very pretty tiare (gardenia) flower. However, after about an hour it got very cloying and I washed and washed my arm to get it off. I couldn't get this off fast enough!! The coconut was there in the background and I never smelled vanilla on me. I am disappointed because I was so ready to fall in love with this. I think I will stick with Bronze Goddess and Brasil Dream!!!

Adiro
Adiro

Just bought it based on reviews and my new-found love of white florals.
Well, the first three seconds smell chemical to me ( a little like play dough) after which it quickly settles into a pleasant summer scent dominated by sweet vanilla and something like tiare flower. It is way sweeter than I expected, and waaaay more vanilic as well. It smells a little like Jil Sander Sun, and it strongly reminds me of tanning lotions, not sure if the smell in itself or the mental association with summer, vacation and beaches. Because it does not have enough of a white flower presence it does not cut it to my LOVE fragrances, and might go straight for swap. Surprisingly good lasting power and projection for an edt of this caliper.

lilou
lilou

Nice, creamier than Monoï de Tahiti but quite similar.
Excellent for summer, makes me think about holidays on the beach.
Not expensive, correct lasting power.

Lee79
Lee79

I had this in the body spray many years ago. I really enjoyed it and I'm happy they made it into a EDT now. Its a very warm, creamy tropical smell. Smells just like the body spray and the oil. Tropics in a bottle.

Minze
Minze

I absolutely dislike this scent (on me). To me it smells like rotten coconut. I hoped it would smell elegant and mild like Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse but it's not. I'm wearing it today and I had to go to the restrooms to wash it off otherwise I think I'd have to vomit. Regrettably the scent is still in my clothes and I can't wait to get home and take a shower.

Brenwen
Brenwen

I couldn't wait to try this one! I have a bottle of Yves Rocher's Monoi de Tahiti Traditional Gardenia Oil which has a lovely tropical scent, and which I use as a perfume [instead of for sun tanning]. I was thrilled to discover that this Eau des Vahines smells a lot like that oil, but even better!
To me, this is the perfect tropical/summer perfume. From the first note to the very last, this is gorgeous.

ivyheel
ivyheel

Love at first sniff! This is very lush, humid, tropical. It does go on a bit heavy, but it's so beautiful that I just can't get enough of it. I smell mostly tiare flower and vanilla. If you get it on sale (which is basically all the time for Yves Rocher), it's practically a steal.

5354alice
5354alice

I absolutely love this one! It smells like sea, beach, coconut and flowers! And it lasts long (on me)!

suesue
suesue

This is such a great fragrance! And it costs only 15€ for 100ml. Smells like holiday :) at first it is very strong, but after 10 minutes it is very soft and beautiful. I love it, my boyfriend also does :)

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I wanted this or the other one from Yves Rocher. But neither of them made me scream "I want this". I like this version better though. It opens heavy, but the drydown smells much better. You have to wait for it to soften up.
I tested it and afterwards when I came home I washed it off, because it was getting too much for me. But several hours later I can still smell it. So lastingpower is very good! Also sillage is good, because I sprayed once to test it and after that it was all I could smell. So if you like the perfume, it is a good lasting one.

It smells on me like a coconut "oil" and Tiare flower, which I think it's almost the same smell as tuberose. Yes, it's heavy but it settles down nicely. No Ylang-Ylang nor anything overly vanilla here. I find it to be totally exotic and unconventional for todays summer fragrance.

ellukka85
ellukka85

I was expecting much more from this..I wanted a coconut/suncream kind of scent, but this was very floral and VERY strong scent. I was looking for a nice coconut scent to remind me of my holidays to exotic places but this just doesn't do it..
I don't smell the coconut at all, as someone else also said. The tiare flower is the only thing I smell.
The smell is not bad, it is still good, but I am returning this, because I don't know where to use this srong scent. But if someone is looking for a strong and long lasting scent, tis might be a good choise.
And note, someone mentioned that this has no alcohol, but it HAS alcohol (written on the package) so do not use this in the sun!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A delcious tropical temptation of sultry island life! A beauty.

You will discover all the notes listed, but they wont compete with each other just blend in harmony. Some may believe it to be linear because of this. I say its consistent. A wonderful marriage of tiare, vanilla, and coconut from beginning to end with a bit of gourmand yumminess to top it off.

The only down side... it made me wish i was on vacation. And next time I go, this tropically exotic delight will be coming with me. :0)

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

This scent is probably one of my favourites now because I was so lucky to travel to French Polynesia, the home of the tiaré and frangipani flowers. On the plane, we all got this lovely tiaré flower and I fell in love instantly with her scent. As it was an incredibly long trip (almost 20 hours of flying) I kept on having the scent of the flower in my nose. In Tahiti I've bought practically every product I could find having tiaré in it. This perfume brings out the memories about the most beautiful trip of my life.

Wearing this for the first time today and earned my first perfume compliment coming from a co-worker. This is definately a divine, innocent floral sweet scent. Not for babies though, as it is quite harsh at the top notes. A real splash of tiaré.

In the beginnen I had pure floral notes, after a few hours I got tiaré/coconut, now I have a mixture of coconut and vanilla with a little bit of tiaré left.
I'm wearing 2 spritzes, behind the ears.
Superb sillage, good longevity.

Scent: floral, sweet, but not overly sweet thanks to the tiaré
lasting power: wearing for +4 hours now and still very noticeable
sillage: enormous the first hours, gets softer after a while
no-no: if you don't like gourmand scents (cause you get a lot of coconut/vanilla)

my score: 4/5 (nothing is perfect :))

sukudushi
sukudushi

I have heard so many people rave about this line. So I decided to order this eau de toilette. I really wanted to like it but I was very disappointed. I did not like it all. It's strong and too warm. I don't smell the coconut at all. It gave me headache, I can't see myself wearing this in the summer without getting sick. I'm sorry but to me it smells like those heavy perfumes that some older ladies wear. Needless to say, I'm returning it.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I love this!!!! Monoi-tiaré Tahiti Wonder! Beachy without trying, mild and rich yet not cloying. Since there is no alcohol in it your skin will not develop those brownish spots due to the sun. A sweet tropical breeze. I have the body wash, the dry oil and the fragrance. When layered, it lingers beautifully on my skin all day. I do not think it is meant to project much but when I wear this yummy combo I am often complimented. Great summer fragrance!!!! I sometimes layer it with Cocoon (Y.R. also) to mellow out the patchouli. good day all!

Unikko
Unikko

Mainly a sweet, tropical tiare with vanilla. I don't get much coconut, just a whisper. Great scent for summer, it really smells like a vacation in a bottle. This is my fave version or YR Monoi. Ohers have had an oily note that I don't really like. The oily note is gone in this version. Very, very nice inexpensive summer scent :)

Kimberlyweyen
Kimberlyweyen

Like it! Smells sweet and gives you a summerfeeling! :)