Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Neonatura Cocoon Yves Rocher for women
dislike

I have it: 421 I had it: 215 I want it: 264 My signature: 11

cacao

Neonatura Cocoon is part of the Yves Rocher "Neonatura" concept line, with fragrances inspired by nature. The fragrance wraps the wearer in a "cocoon" of oriental notes including vanilla, chocolate and patchouli. Neonatura Cocoon is an Eau de Parfum and is available in spray bottles of 50 ml.

Vanilla Patchouli Dark Chocolate Cacao

Boyfriend
Solinotes Patchouli
Laetitia Millesime
M by Marcel Marongiu
Attitude Extreme

Neonatura Cocoon Fragrance Reviews

Amethyststar

I have worn this for years, it is very much a winter scent. Hot cocoa and vanilla and spices. Without exception, when I go into a store wearing this, people--both men and women--will follow me and ask what that incredible perfume is. It clings to your clothes and makes you feel just plain GOOD. A comfort scent for me, it reminds me of going ice skating with my brothers when I was young, and we would come home all cold and smelling of snow and ice, and Mom would have hot chocolate for us. Memories--yes. This is why I wear a scent--not for anyone else, but for what it does for me.

XocoFlor

My favorite cacao perfume. It's fresh, airy, green, yet warm. Beautiful and natural. I guess if you were expecting a sweet, milk chocolate bomb, you were hugely let down (check out Angel Taste of Fragrance). Thankfully for me this is perfect "chocolate" fragrance. I do not feel juvenile when wearing this. Neonatura cocoon is a dark cacao scent, sexy and cool.

Ditta70
Ditta70

I very happily put this perfume on my 'had'list today, even if I sold it for less than I paid for it. Quite honestly, I do not understand the hype about Neonatura Cocoon. It smells vile, agressive, chemical, there is nothing natural about it. To me it is more repelling than cocooning. The patchouli is not bad, but that chemical cocoa just kills it for me.

Lizardbreath
Lizardbreath

Ok, I've coveted this fragrance for over a year, and finally got my paws on a bottle! That being said, I am so sad to report that I am very "underwhelmed" by it. :(

Firstly, I love patchouli, so I have expectations about how it smells, and this juice is spot on, for as long as it takes that wonderful top note to evaporate. This patch is dank, just as it should be. The chocolate really develops on my skin, so I get a very "coco-puff" vibe within minutes. And I don't know how I feel about that. It's chocolate cereal, which is delicious, but, on my wrists?

Overall, a mellow, humming, chocolate/maybe-some-patchouli-in-there scent. I wish it'd bang more for the bucks, but hey, serves me right for obsessing over a hard-to-get fragrance. At least the bottle is groovy and fun to hold. It looks like a little alien pod.

**EDIT** I feel compelled to add that after considering this fragrance and all the hype (low supply=high demand=high price), my bottle of Beverly Hills Polo Club Sexy for Her smells just as delicious, with a heavy dose of good, musky patchouli, and some sweets in the form of cinnamon and Tonka. Is this buyers remorse? Nah. Just a note to all you ladies and/or gents out there pining over this juice as I did, longing for a gourmand patchouli. BHPC is super cheap and, in my opinion, better than Cocoon.

XocoFlor

I cannot wait to try this fragrance! Need to save up for it...hopefully soon.

polly golightly
polly golightly

patchouli, cacao, vaniglia e cioccolato: una libidine incredibile!

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

A very generous and lovely Fragantican sent a partial bottle of this to me, I just received it yesterday. It is a quite cool Spring day today and Cocoon is just perfect for it. I am a dark chocoholic and this gorgeous edp brings some of the best truffles that I've eaten to mind (yum!) It is so earthy and encompassing. I will be treasuring every single drop. I love it.

pravda48
pravda48

ETA: If you love this but have difficulty finding it, try ALKEMIA's PATCHOULI CACAO! It's so similar but richer and inexpensive!

This does have a strong opening similarity to Boyfriend, but w/ a more dank patch note. As in, this one could have been patch leaves that stayed wet too long and the edges are just starting to get iffy. Also a cool, damp tone to this where Boyfriend is warm and slightly smoky-sweet. I'm preferred BF to this one until recently, when I got bored with the not quite top notch resins in BF... meanwhile my appreciation for Cocoon has increased quite a bit as my olfactory journey has progressed. Cocoon reminds me of camping in the woods of North Carolina in a fall thunderstorm last year :)

I do like it. It's very grounding, deep, & dark: it smells of wet earth and sharply green foliage in the background w/ a slight sweet tinge. On my skin it takes about an hour for the (strong!) patchouli to mellow out a bit and then it magically TRANSFORMS from cold/wet/dank/earth to warm/cacao edged coziness. Ah that switch, THAT is the part of this I love!

I had Beverly Hills Polo Club Sexy for Her & traded it; was cheap/soapy odd patch on me, not as delicious as this and the rose made it weirdly sterile to me somehow. I greatly prefer this. May snag a bottle when the chance arises!

Amethyststar

Possibly my all time favorite from Yves Rocher. Luckily I bought several bottles and have them stored in the refigerator, because this is discontinued.
Definately a fall/winter scent, it makes me think of coming in from raking leaves on a very chilly day, and having a cup of hot cocoa to drink. Warm, gentle, a comfort scent. I have actually had women follow me around in stores to ask what perfume I am wearing. Just use it lightly, lasts for many hours. I love waking up on a cold winter morning and smelling the remnants on my pillow--mmmmmmm........makes me want to snuggle down and sleep longer.

halloween27
halloween27

This has been discontinued; Fath Pour L'Homme by Jacques Fath is a good and price-cheap near-dupe.

jolieshirley
jolieshirley

C'est un parfum original, très agréable en automne-hiver. Sur moi ce sont les notes boisées et patchouli qui ressortent, alors que sur les vêtements ce sont les notes gourmandes. Il a une
bonne tenue, contrairement à d'autres parfums Yves Rocher, et le flacon est beau, rond comme un galet.
Le descriptif donne une bonne idée du produit, pour moi aucune ressemblance avec Angel (je ne connais pas Bornéo avec lequel certaines le comparent), je le trouve charmant et je le porte avec plaisir, je regrette qu'il soit discontinué.

icecube
icecube

This is so unexpected if I just look at the notes.
First the choclatnote - it is a mature kind of chokolate - not sweet - not bitter - just so right.
Neighter patchouli or vanilla take centrestage. In stead I smell a wonderfull pipetobacconote. It is bordering to the note when there is not much fire left in the fireplase - just glow - it smells similar to that to.
It is a very special kind of perfume - I have never encountered something similar.
I can se scene from Thousand and one nights -In his tent a Maharaji is standing in his long red silkrobe with goldbroderies. Smoking on his waterpipe and looking out over the sun setting in gold and red. A campfire in the distanse and the wind caressing the grains of sand to sleep.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

This here, Neonatura Cocoon, has a very special meaning to me. A very special and kind Fragrantican friend went above and beyond when she gifted this to me after my many failed attempts at locating a full sized bottle that was anything under $180. Initially, this lovely lady sent me a mini out of the kindness of her heart, just so I could try it. This was more than I could have hoped for and I still cherish it. Not too long after, she surprised me again with unbelievable news! She had managed to get another bottle from a swap and wanted me to have it! I couldn't believe it, I still get emotional about it. No strings attached, she just wanted me to have and enjoy it. I can't express my gratitude to her enough, although I've done my best to. She's an amazing woman who likes to make others happy and thanks to her generous heart, I can now enjoy this long sought after chocolatey treat. Thank you Dinosgirl3. I truly am enjoying every drop. Xo

tessa2809
tessa2809

I too discovered the awesomeness of this fragrance only years after being discontinued. However, I managed to snag both a full size and a miniature from auction sites such as Ebay and the Dutch Marktplaats. The prices can be pretty high but every once in a while you will get across a decently priced auction. Grab that chance, because this perfume is too delicious to pass!

sky76sky

Having learnt, all too late, about the discontinuation of this beautiful scent I have tried to track down a replacement from the same scent family.

I have recently tried SL Borneo & can confirm they are close relatives.

Borneo has a heap more patchouli, whereas I always found Cocoon to be heavier on the dusty cocoa-powder.

If anyone has some Cocoon to offer (or can point be in the direction of other similar scents) I would be much obliged.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Profoundly earthy, dark, loamy scent, without a trace of flowers, and very far-reaching, very intense. One spray lingered on a sweater for a week.

My brain interprets this as the rich aroma of chocolate, but it could easily be the odor of wet steaming earth after a good mulch, or the inside of an unaired wooden cupboard.

This summer, I grew a small pot of patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) from seed, keeping it in a south window. My living patchouli plant, as I clip branchlets to propagate it, or just idly brush my fingers across the tough, heart-shaped leaves, rewards me with traces of dark chocolate and earth. It smells exactly like Neonatura Cocoon!

Oleanna
Oleanna

Outstanding fragrance! There is nothing like it that I have smelled so far. This perfume is not similar to any other, it is unique in its kind. I agree with others here that have commented that it is incomprehensible why Yves Rocher has discontinued this wonderful perfume? Heavy cocoa, chocolate, yes, but my overwhelming first impression is Jamaican rhum, brown sugar, humid earthy dirt, decaying leaves..? I have about 2 ml left of my EdP - I must cherish it fervorously until it ends - since everything has to end after all...

Tovah
Tovah

My sister recently gifted me with a boxed, full bottle of this she has been saving for a long time. We both love this fragrance, and she knew I would miss it, so she saved it for a special surprise.

I cannot in my wildest nightmares imagine why Yves Rocher discontinued this amazing fragrance. Prada Candy is weak baby formula compared to this intense vanilla-patchouli, dry cocoa fragrance! The bottle is super ugly. Really bad. I don't even keep it on display, and I collect perfume bottles. I hate to say it, but the ugly bottle probably kept Cocoon from selling as well at it could have.

Fans of Louve and Bond No. 9 Lexington Ave would have loved Cocoon.

lily-woods
lily-woods

At one point, on the page of Jean Paul Gaultier's Kokorico, there were votes that it reminded them of Cocoon. Now the votes aren't showing any more.

Has anyone tried Kokorico and compared it to Cocoon?

700poodles
700poodles

I must illustrate my awe at how truly elemental and grounding this is by a personal experience.

I had just purchased the last drops of it online, blindly. I tested it, fell in love with it, then put it away to wait for colder weather.

A couple of days later I was walking my rural street on a very sunny day. Suddenly, I became aware of the air smelling richly of something very familiar and divine, but which I hadn't known long. It took me a couple of seconds to recognize Neonatura. I looked around me in search of such a powerful source of the scent, and I saw, on the left and on the right of me, ploughed earth in the gardens, warmed by the sun, being watered by sprinklers.

scentdeman
scentdeman

This is a total all-time fave of mine! It is warm, mysterious, definitely cocoa, yet many people don't catch that at first. Whenever I wear it, women/girls want to know what it is because they love it! It is unique in the perfume world and for that I especially like wearing it, yet it is not something that stops one in their tracks, but seeps in pleasurably. Suddenly, one has to know what it is! My one very small caveat is that although it lasts well on the body, it does not last quite so well in the bottle. Many perfumes I have had for years without change, but this one will not make it past two, in my opinion. This may be the reason for some negative comments, because I cannot believe anyone would not LOVE it, especially since there are so many chocolate lovers in the world. My disappointment is actually that I grow frustrated when it goes away. Love, love, love this scent!!!

stjernesol
stjernesol

Sooooo disappointed....smells agressive and like chemicals on me, really, really cheap scent :( Couldn't wash it of either, had to shower it off and still it smelled a bit. Nasty. I am 42 yrs and woman.

Gave it to my 22 yrs old nephew...(O.M.G) smelled lovely right away. He smells that perfect patchouli if you are a patchouli-lover ( I am), just the slightest hint of vanilla, and the cocoa nyances just like some musky, slightly earthy scent, layered just beneath the patchouly. The scent is slightly feminine on him but it blends heavenly on his skin and overall he pulls it off as a masculine scent anyway.
Got REALLY jelaous, got over it and will never buy it again.

On me - a flat, boring, undeveloping and strong chemical scent.
On him - a mild, musky, complex scent with layers.

Libran
Libran

I like this fragrance but I have to be in the mood to wear it. It is very dry and the patchouli very bossy and up front in the notes with the vanilla being a little more shy. The chocolate is slightly bitter and dark. Quite an intense perfume and it has very good staying power on me. It is earthy and raw but I quite enjoy how unique and different it smells from most high street offerings. Another review suggested it may be better for a certain hair colour, I don't feel that is the case but I do believe that if you have oily skin it may smell sweeter on you, body chemistry is, after all, what wearing fragrance is all about. Just my thoughts.

hippopotamus
hippopotamus

This fragrance is nice for the price (very cheap), but a little bit too sweet in my opinion. One of my favourite perfumes is L'instant pour homme extreme by Guerlain, which has the same choco-patchouli theme. This is kind of like the cheap little sister, not so well blended, a lot sweeter, but still very comforting and nice.

Bunnylove
Bunnylove

I heard many good reviews about this perfume and I wanted to try it for a long time. I was hoping for nice cocoa note but I get only delicate vanilla one. Still, I like to use it very much.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

Patchouli is one of the most basic and most primal earth scents. It is one of the most polarizing notes used in fragrance, which is not surprising considering its traditional use in magical rituals both to attract (love and money) and to repel (banishing spells). In both magical and spiritual rituals, patchouli is associated with the element of earth. In aromatherapy, patchouli is used to lift the mood and promote mental and physical well-being. In meditation and spiritual practice, it is used for grounding and centering the mind.

Cocoon envelops you in a warm, rich, earthy, and comforting cloud of patchouli and bitter, dark cacao. It awakens our most primal sense, our connection with the earth. As the description says: "Nature me donne sa force" -nature gives me her strength. Cocoon is not sweet or subtle, although it is rounded out by a touch of vanilla. It is soothing, comforting, and grounding. Depending on whether you love patchouli or not, Neonatura Cocoon can make you feel like you are cradled by the earth, or smothered by cold, damp dirt. I find it to be as comforting and soothing as the name implies. It's a shame that Yves Rocher discontinued this one.

jessbug
jessbug

Let me start off by saying I'm not a big fan of Neonatura Cocoon, and I do wish I'd spent my money on something else. I bought this about a year ago, tried it, absolutely hated it, tried it again, still hated it, tried one last time and then put it away, hoping to swap it someday.

Today I decided to try it once more. I still don't see myself wearing this on a regular basis, but I do think I'm better able to give this a fair and more nuanced review.

The patchouli in here is the very earthy kind. It's not like the patchouli in Angel or BS' Believe (which I love). Their patchouli is soft and kind of 'fuzzy', whereas this patchouli smells dark and earthy, even slightly musty. Maybe it's a matter of synthetic versus natural patchouli, or maybe it's just the amount of patchouli in the formula that makes the difference. The person saying Cocoon was 50% patchouli is pretty spot on; the amount of patchouli used in this is downright scary, lol.

The chocolate note is like very dark, bitter, powdered cocoa. I was expecting a sweet perfume, but Neonatura Cocoon is absolutely not sweet. Something in here reminds me of old coffee beans minus the 'coffee' scent, if that makes sense. All in all, this scent makes me think of the bitter dark 'pure' chocolate pastilles my grandmother used to keep on a saucer in an antique wooden cupboard (for weeks, I presume). The scent of that cupboard would infuse the chocolates, making them taste kind of stale and strange.

I don't get any of the vanilla; to me this is a dry, somewhat dusty, earthy perfume. Not very wearable for me, but interesting nonetheless.

I found the gourmand comfort scent I was looking for in Rihanna's Rebelle. The chocolate note is similar, but where Cocoon is dry and earthy, Rebelle is sweet and gourmand (the vanilla is very noticeable in Rebelle).

rosered

.I miss this perfume so much , I have been hording a bottle and now its half gone :( I love this soothing sexy scent , and how it lingures on my skin , very comforting without being overpowering .

rasia

Since my last review of this perfume it has become my wintertime signature. I just love it. I hoarded three bottles from YR clearance sale and buried a mini sampler bottle on the bottom of my perfume drawer for next generations in case this never returns to YR catalogue! :D
I guess at heart I'm a hippie girl with a soft spot for patchouli!

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

This is one of my all time favorites. It smells very strong at first then it calms down after 5 to 15 mins and you can really smell the warm and comforting cocoa and vanilla. Lasts for hours without the need to keep topping it up. Cute handy bottle too.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

don't waste your money on this perfume, you can have another one - much better - it doesn t last very much and after a few minutes you feel a cocoa scent with a little bit vanilla - soft baken cake aroma

Jacobi
Jacobi

So nice, warm and special!
Too bad that it is no longer available.

Kysyona
Kysyona

This perfume was pleasant and comforting to wear. I chose it at that point in life when I felt like staying at home, sinking under a blanket and watching feel-good movies with dimmed lights and candles burning. Neonatura contributed beautifully to this vegetation phase: woody, a little leathery, with a touch of dark cocoa and wet woodsy mist ( moss? ). Alas, it is not special enough for me to rebuy, but no regrets whatsoever about having it filling my dark danish winter evenings with cosyness once upon a time.

gomt
gomt

So many of you write it has been discontinued, but not longer than a week ago I saw it in an Yves Rocher store in Poland. I've just checked, and it's also available in their online shop for Poland. Maybe it's back?

I've been very curious to try this one, given the good reviews it received. As awful as I feel to write it, though - I hate it. It doesn't work well with my skin at all. It's strong, dry and earthy, patchouli only. I like patchouli, but not in such concentration and not in such masculine rendition. No sweet vanilla, dark chocolate or cacao...

I'm curious how it smells on others, women and men.

soonflower
soonflower

When we first met few years ago I truly hated Cocoon.
I found it as being too 'dry'.
The pure cacao and bitter dark chocolate pushed me away.
That aroma made me think that this is just too dry for a girl.
And that earthy patchouli - I hated patchouli years back.

Now my taste has changed radically.
I must say, I love patchouli in fragrances.

Dry cacao, bitter dark chocolate and earthy patchouli make together an incredible aroma. It isn't sweet at all. It's simple but very unusual.

Cocoon calms me, make me feel very confident.
I think it's perfect for autumn.

LucyGlass
LucyGlass

Let's get Yves Rocher to Bring this Perfume Back!

I've sent several emails to Yves Rocher asking them to bring this perfume back!
They always reply the same "It does happen, however, that a discontinued product line is brought back when there is very strong customer demand. Therefore, we have forwarded your comments to our Marketing department to this end."
So, if you can, please email them directly and request that they bring this perfume back. Maybe with enough requests they will do it!
their email: customer_services@yrnet.com

This is/was my All Time Favourite!
I've sent this as a private message to anyone who seemed interested in this perfume in the last year. Please email YRocher! Let's do it!

Annica

I have thought about Neonatura Cocoon for a while. It could be a perfect fragrance for men. Like a softened down Guerlain L´Instant. I am serious. Cocoon feels very unisex in my opinion. Lovely winter fragrance.

Leyla
Leyla

This is a treasure. I often layer it with Aquolina Pink Sugar. Love the combination + it helps to stretch my two bottles of Cocoon. It is still listed at the norwegian Yves Rocher site.

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

Reviewers are right: There's no coconut in the notes or on the box, only cocoa. This is a lovely chocolate/patchouli/vanilla scent. Actually, I layered it with Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights, which smells like elegant chocolate on me anyway, and the chocolate of the Cocoon perfectly complemented it! I couldn't smell patchouly in Fancy Nights, and the patchouly note in Cocoon blended in as well. That was a very successful experiment, and may help extend the expensive Cocoon. Too bad, I missed out on the sales prices and BOGOs in this country, after Cocoon was discontinued:(

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

It's discontinued and i'm lucky: i got 2 for the price of 1, their last perfumes in the store. I never even smelled it but I saw the rave reviews on this, and so I had to have it.

First spray: beh, nothing special.
After a couple of minutes: cocoa and patchouli.
It's earthy patchouli and earthy cocoa, nothing sweet.
After an hour i could smell the vanilla and now it's much better. Very nice. I get the comments on it being a bit masculine, it is a bit.

It reminds me of Angel taste of fragrance by Thierry Mugler and Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier, especially the last one.

I have 2 50ml bottles in original packaging (and still sealed)
Glad I got a hold on the last ones.

queenie21
queenie21

I used to order this through eves rochere, they discontinued it, I ordered it for almost 20 yrs. Does anyone know where I can purchase as many bottles as possible?

rasia

This is very lovely. It reminds me of a perfume I used to wear in my teens (Un Monde Nouveau Satan Instinct; unfortunately not listed in Fragrantica) so it brings me back memories. :)
But. Although Cocoon is absolutely adorable, I was very disappointed to learn that it is quite weak - you need at least five generous spritzes and still it lasts only about an hour or two. So sad!
Despite the poor longevity I really enjoy wearing Neonatura Cocoon - thank gods it's quite inexpensive so I can add an extra spritz every now and then. :)

noori
noori

The box says that it is like a comforting blanket, and yes, they are right, as the nice, warm, chocolatey-feeling hugs you, and supports you all day long. I especially like how the patchouli and cocoa complete each other to make it smell like some very expensive, elegant dark chocolate. Then, the vanilla gives it that classical sweet scent, to make it more complete. Good choice, if you like patchouli, or if you want to get to know it.

CozyCat
CozyCat

For patchoulli lovers!

There is no coconut in this scent at all, on my box it clearly states that the notes are cocoa, vanilla and patchoulli. And the scent itself is pure cocoa powder to my nose, but earthier and slightly sweeter. Dark, deep and ultra cozy, 'Cocoon' is a fitting name for it. I used to love it, then I began to hate patchoulli, found myself wearing it less and less, so I gave it away (to a male friend who loved the scent, yes this smells unisex). It does smell quite sexy and sophisticated on a man, while on a woman it smells cozy and rich.

passionata20
passionata20

I am sure that the notes here are misleading. There is no coconut in here, just pure cocoa. Dark, bitter cocoa. The first 10 seconds when i sprayed it on it reminded me of "baiser du dragon" by cartier but it quickly fades away and turns into a scent of raw humid earth mixed with cocoa. It balances on a border of a pleasant and unpleasant, but if you wait for a while it turns later to a very pleasant cocoa scent. I know at least 2 fragrances that are similar to this one: "kokorico" by JPG and "Angel the taste of fragrance". But this one is a winner in price segment. Patchouli here is not so overwhelming thanks to vanilla and cocoa. It has no killer sillage (and that´s great actually) but has a very good lasting power: over 10 hrs.

UPDATE: Now the notes has been replaced with the right ones, so there is a dark chocolate note listed now. Thank you!

Airdna
Airdna

I like quite a few perfumes from YR but not this one. Cocoon smells like a traditional Chinese medicine concoction to me, not that it's all bad, the herbal charm is there, just too strong and bitter for my taste. I think this would make a very sexy perfume for a man though, better than the ultra sweet Hoggar!

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

If you try this, you better really love patchouli, or the first 10 minutes of this will KILL you. After that, though, I got a rich, woody, deep vanilla without so much cocoa as itself, but as a modifier for the vanilla. There is nothing foody about it at all, but it is delicious, if that makes any sense. Other reviewers said that it was not appropriate for work, so of course, I had to wear it there. It was lovely! It was noticible at close range, but there was nothing overpowering about it at all. It seems to last about 4-6 hours, but I still got faded whisps of it much later than that. This will probably end up being one of my favorites.

Bandit
Bandit

For me this is my earthy chillout frag. Nothing too special, but it smells very hippie down-to-earth, a side of patchouli you can love easily, but I guess, not everybody does. Very male.

The gourmand notes are there and developing to become much stronger, but not like in the often compared to Borneo, where it all forms a concept. Neonatura doesn't do concept, it only tones you down. I cannot imagine me right now wearing it outside the house, but more than once I found myself reaching for it after a long hard day. I only do one spray, though.

EK
EK

Wow. This bomb is louder than Mugler's Angel! Yesterday was Big Testing Day, and I did suspect it to be strong. I used 3 TINY sprays and I was literally in a cloud all day. And I mean ALL day. I got up this morning and it was still there. I added one tiny spritz. Mid-afternoon I took a shower. It's now 8pm and I can still smell it! AMAZING.
About the perfume itself - the coconut note must be a typo, as everyone else said too. This is chocolate, rich, thick, spicy dark chocolate, the kind that holds 85% pure cocoa. You know what I mean?
Not to mention the patchouli which is almost as loud and forward as the chocolate. To my nose the vanilla binds it all together very elegantly.
It's very linear to me, the chocolate/patchouli is very much in front for the first... can I say 18 hours? In the late drydown the vanilla takes over, but not entirely.
I love this one. I don't like gourmand scents very much (especially not candy-ish), but this is just so delicious, round, smooth and spicy. True liquid dark chocolate. I think it would have been nauseating if the patchouli had been less prominent actually.
I can't figure out the occasions it would be suitable for. Dinner out? No. It would overpower any dish except chocolate mousse and probably that too. Work? No. There's no way you can use little enough to keep this one discreet. And I could go on. Otoh, life is more than work and dinners out! I'll work my way around that.
Anyway - I've fallen for this one. I'm almost sad I'll have to put it away when summer comes.

astamm62
astamm62

One of my favorites from Yves Rocher,the other is Vanille Noire...This scent is long lasting,and layers well with other scents.I like layering with Kate Walsh's Boyfriend,Coty Wild Musk.I find this scent addicting.I have everything in this line including the incense sticks when they had them.They made the house smell really nice.This is one of the few scents that I have bought a few times.If you like warm,cozy.earthy type of scents..You might like this.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

This is strictly for patchouli and cocoa lovers!
Incredibly earthy fragrance - the first thing came to my mind upon the initial first spray was mushrooms in a pine forest! I can even see how it resembles to a mouldy basement like someone has stated.

Personally I am in love with Cocoon, I haven`t experienced anything like it before. I love how cocoa gives patchouli a bitter, dark edge and I love how vanilla softens and sweetens it to be a wonderful, earthy, woody, comforting concoction.

You don`t always need to turn to niche and pay an awful lot of money to be able to have a fragrance which is different from other mainstream releases, Cocoon is the perfect example!

A daring, edgy, adventurous perfume from Yves Rocher.

To me this is not an evening or going out fragrance, I mostly wear it during the day for my own pleasure, it has medium longevity (up to 4-5 hours) and sillage.
Great value for the price.

mikiriti
mikiriti

Cocoon is not for me, on my skin all i can smell is patchouli .No cocoa or vanilla.I have waited hours before i washed it off,hoping it will change,but all i got is patchouli.Staying power is very good.Try before you buy it.

Allinug
Allinug

I got it today and first I thought I liked it but it's so much patchouli so no thank you.

I don't mind patchouli in a perfume but not when it takes over.

SheShe
SheShe

I don't think there's coconut - it's cocoa!

I had a bottle of Cocoon - it was a scent great for cold days, the bottle is perfectly designed - the fragrance wraps you like a cocoon, it's a dark but comforting fragrance - like being in your mother's belly ;)

Cocoon is warm, unique and a bit spicy. Nowadays it's not a kind of fragrance I'd like to wear often but I admit thumbs must be up! One of the best YR fragrances and very interesting one.

rosembloom
rosembloom

A friend of mine gave me a tiny purse spray bottle and I fell in love! Do not look for coconut notes here... pure cocoa!! (a dryer scent, more exotic) . It turns into a deliciously decadent mix of chocolate, vanilla, patchouli on my skin with a sweet fresh note of tiaré flower. To me it is a comforting fragrance for fall and winter, leaves a great sillage, has long lasting power and i get compliments whenever i'm wearing it so I know it is appreciated! With this, a little goes a long way!!!!

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

Coconut? What coconut? There is absolutely no coconut in this. The notes are cocoa (as in chocolate) vanilla and patchouli. Upon first spritz it's all dry, unsweetened cocoa and patchouli. There is just enough vanilla to soften the edges. Warm. Comforting. Understated. Beautiful.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I'm not wanting to offend those who love it , but i really dislike it .
Though i usually love the coconut , vanilla and patchouli notes , there's something like a disgusting "aftertaste" , maybe a nasty woodsy note hiding somewhere in this .
Dislike shelf ! Sorry :-(

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

The overdose of patchouli makes this one smells like a moldy basement, and nothing else. I get absolutely no chocolate. Fantastic sillage and longevity though, but in this case that is a bad thing. A very very bad thing.

cocobella
cocobella

this one smells like a warm chocolatecake to me :). it is so warm, soft and comforting. i am kind of addicted to it. combined with cacaobodybutter i am in chocolat-heaven (without any colories):D

vallin
vallin

dont feel any coconut or vanilla with patchouli covers it. would be nice with cocos smell but unfortunately too sweet and powdery for me who is fresh light smells lover.

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

that's right. at the beginning it seems to be very sharp and chemical, but then it turns into a cacao dream. hmmm very yummy and not too strong or sharp. it perfectly fits to my garnier bodylotion. :)

pauluch3
pauluch3

The first spritz is very harsh and almost masculine (could be unisex), but as time goes by it softens and goes heavenly sweet and warm, and goes like that for hours! Really comforting but has some "oomph" as well. Only for patchouli lovers.

I love it! I use it as my weekend comfort fragrance.

The best from Yves Rocher!

@Mad-Lainey: I get cocoa as well! :) On the box it says that the notes are patchouli, vanilla, and cocoa. So no coconut in this one.
*****

mirisaba
mirisaba

I usually don`t like patchouli but in this fragrance I accept it. It`s a strong perfume that makes a statement. I have to be in the mood to wear it...but then I think it`s simply gorgeous.
It exudes a warm, earthy and rich nativeness.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Lovely but a bit hard to get used to. Cocoon is a lovely oriental enveloping and warming fragrance, great for winter, may be too much for summer.
I do not agree with Cocoon being masculine - it is a rather bitter fragrance, quite heavy but I can't feel anything masculine about it.
I am only a bit confused as the fragrance feels like a pinch of bitter cocoa and the notes state coconut, patchouli, vanilla.
Anyone else has the same cocoa feel when wearing Cocoon, please?
x

I have to agree with the people who say: woody and masculine.

tsth
tsth

I've decided that this one reminds me of Boyfriend, but just a bit richer/darker. REALLY like this a lot!

t_russell335
t_russell335

I wonder if both perfumes (the light and dark one) were meant to have the sensuous theme of caressing, cuddly, comfort and intimacy? it seems to be that way

melbritt24
melbritt24

I think I have found a new favorite!! This fragrance is warm, sensual,inviting, cozy, slightly sweet, and earthy. The patchouli in the opening is very earthy and prominent, yet downplayed by the cocoa and vanilla notes that follow. I just love this scent!

elm0505
elm0505

I couldn't disagree more with the "coconut" notes stated in this website. As of the box that is in front of me right now, this scent is composed of pachouli, cocoa and vanilla, no mention of coconut anywhere.

This is a very interesting fragrance I've been in love with for several years, but I only decided to buy it a few days ago. It is a woody fragrance, with warm cocoa notes but at the same time I detect some balsamic notes that provide a certain freshness.

This is a very sexy scent, warm and woody with a distinct wild cocoa (not chocolate) drydown but no overpowering if sprayed cautiously, of course (remember it's an EDP)In my opinion it could do better in the staying power department though. Overall I think it's a very conforting fragrance, I like it so much I'm scared of getting tired of it.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Right out of the bottle, it's sharp, but light patchouli. On the skin, a little of the patchouli remains and transforms into a nutty woodiness.

As it warms up, it becomes a little milky and just a tad sweet as the vanilla begins to appear.

Definitely not a syrupy vanilla-type fragrance, but nurturing and gently warm.

Most defintely a comfort scent, but not a mood lifter. Ideal for reflective melancholy or quiet contentment.

PerfumeKeeper
PerfumeKeeper

I was afraid of this perfume and now I will finally give it a try thanks to all your reviews felow "fragranticans". I used to buy a lot of Yves Rocher from a friend of mine in college and she offered me a miniature of this one saying it was wonderful. I didn't even open the bottle and I could sniff (what I believe is )the strong patchouli. "What a bomb, I thought, a miniature bottle and I can smell it unopen!" I thought it would be intoxicating. Well I will give it a go and come back with news ;)
Edit-
I hate hate hate it

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

The patchouli is loud, sharp, and bitter, hanging around for a long time before it shuts its mouth and starting giving me vanilla. I almost thought I'd never see it! Thank goodness it finally arrived because I was about to dismiss this perfume altogether. I think you have to be a real patchouli fan to love this faithfully. I, however, am on the fence. I can't stand the way the patchouli develops on me with Cocoon... it's almost a medicinal type of smell. I can't tolerate the beginning, barely even the middle, but I do enjoy the drydown in its final stages.

Even so, this is one of those perfumes I will have to pass on. I just can't bring myself to invest time or $$$ on a fragrance that doesn't captivate me from beginning to end.

alicektn
alicektn

Neonatura has a great potential. Somehow I perceive it as a very personal scent, something I would wear only for my self.

It is of very natural quality, which is rather hard to find nowdays. On its best, it is bitter cocoa with a sprinkle of vanilla and a deep woodiness by the patchouli. Simple but GOOD!

I get a good result only when using it on my clothes though. On my skin it is not pleasant. You see, my chemistry tends to eat up patchouli. So, when I spray it directly I am left with a scent which is not deep at all, rather uninteresting and powdery.

edit: it seems to be a great perfume for layering. Do try it with eau des marveilles. It gives a very discreet chocolate pulsation and a very very discreet sweetness from the vanilla. The result is a sweet Eau des Marveilles, smelling like oranges dipped in cocoa and amber with discreet woods.

lilou
lilou

It's like a chocolate ! Intoxicating, sweet, lasting for all day long...When I was wearing it, everybody who smelt it told me this perfume evoked something from childhood and it's true. Everytime I breathe it, it seems to be like a souvenir I can't define. Amazing.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

One of my all-time favorite comfort scents. You know that wonderful aroma when you open a tin of cocoa? Well, add in some woods, a touch of patchouli, a very subtle vanilla, (even a bit of Kahlua??), and you have this scent. It's sweet without being cloying. Very natural smelling. It's my best friend after a long day at the office. I even spray it on before bed, as it's so relaxing! The bottle is wonderful, too...fits perfect in the hand and is easy to spray. Can be had for a very low price on Yves Rocher's website. Try it!

guest_moi
guest_moi

There is no chocolate or coconut in Cocoon, as far as my nose is concerned. I can kind of understand the cocoa reference though, but I think that is actually a combination of patchouli and vanilla resulting in dry, spicy, almost woodsy fragrance with warm, and appropriately sweet dry-down. Not the most original, but very cuddly, comforting scent. Does its best when sprayed on clothes rather than skin. Makes my wardrobe smell like autumn goodness without being too strong or heady.

TankGirl
TankGirl

This one its on my collection for years and years! I love it so much, it is such a simple fragrance! I use it as a bodyspray for my clothes (to uncover the cigarett smell bllaaakkk) and I love to mix it with other perfumes. The long lasting is poor but if you mix it with a good fragrance (I like to mix it with CK Truth ans BS white musk oil) you can actually smell the coconutt all day long :) The price is amazing also :)

scentous
scentous

white chocolate, milk chocolate, chocolate chip cookie... all about chocolate all the way down, does not change at all which is fine by me...I don't get either coconut or patchouli..a must have for vanilla lovers...not oversweet, on the contrary a very warm and comforting scent..staying power is very good

daria79
daria79

It would be nicer without patchouli. Unfortunately I don't like it that much, it is not bad, just not my type. Still I think some people can like it if they like all of the ingredients.

delphine67
delphine67

The notes of this perfume arent Coconut vanilla and patchoeli.

But are cacao, vanilla and patchoeli.
There is no coconut in this fume.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I find this fragrance too peppery, and too much like a rum chocolate or something similar like that (I absolutely cannot stand the smell of any kind of alcoholic beverages/chocolates, or anything 'boozy' in general). And unfortunately, because of that, it really doesn't agree with me and makes me alittle bit repulsed(Sorry!).

BUT, pair it with Jessica Simpsons' 'Fancy', and it's lovely.

I'm not a huge fan of 'Fancy' either, but when these 2 scents are combined, it becomes my-kind-of-scent. I no longer get that 'booziness' in 'Cocoon' like I did before, and I'm not just smelling Jessica's slightly boring 'Fancy'. I'm now getting a chocolately-vanilla sweet, slightly peppery, delicious mega-gourmand. To me, 'Cocoon' finishes off/completes what 'Fancy' should have been. This might just be my new favorite, personal scent:-)

trax
trax

This for me turned out to be what I had hoped for Amour de Cacao to be. I remember now that I once had a small bottle of patchouli essential oil and I would say this note is strong in Cocoon which is a very creamy deep and dark scent. Smells awful from the bottle though..
I had it for months never wanting to try it. Got it from my mom who got it from who knows who and she never wanted to try it either.
So if you have this jewel just laying around, brave up and try it!

Annica

Cocoon is a great fragrance and has become one of my favorites for the Winter. It is earthy but the cocoa and vanilla balance it very well and give it some sweetness. Yes, there sure is cocoa, not coconut in this fragrance according to the data on Yves Rocher´s website.

9154mf
9154mf

This opens with a dry almost masculine cocoa and the earthy almost bitter patchouli floats in and out softly. I don't get any coconut really which is what I thought this scent was about. A dry non sweet vanilla kicks in after a short while and now the scent feels kinda cosy and fluffy but still with that masculine edge. It's not bad but I won't be buying it as my hubbu already has il profumos chocolat amere which I love also.

FloresDelMal
FloresDelMal

i had it several years ago, and i still remember how comforting it was, give it a shot if you can.

AmazonGrace

Hmm...no Coconut here after all? Must say I'm surprised as I seem to get a bit of it. Wanted to add that I also notice ginger and what seems like a bit of amber here, as well.

AmazonGrace

This is one of my top favorite Yves Rocher fragrances. Don't be fooled by the short list of notes, there's a lot more going on here than meets the eye. It's masterful blending of Coconut, Vanilla, and Patchouli never allows any one note to dominate.

Instead: this seamless blend manages to allow the notes to enhance and complement each other--to the point where one will likely detect even
more, (unlisted) notes created by the basic trio. This trio forms a symphony of notes on one's skin during the extensive drydown.

I, too, can detect the cocoa note which is neither overly gourmand nor too powdery. A bit of honey and sandalwood also emerge on my skin.

Excellent longevity (9-10 hours) and good sillage, and though this is one of my less expensive fragrances--men and women alike ask what I'm wearing. In fact: this is THE most complimented fragrance of my entire collection!

If Cocoon was a fabric: I would liken it to mohair--the silky soft creation made from the hair of the Angora goat. Cocoon is the perfect name
for this fragrance, as it seems to wrap me in sumptuous layers of welcome sanctuary in winter months.

No butterflies to be seen yet, but Cocoon holds the promise of radiant, golden days to come.

calevacin
calevacin

I've been wearing this during the winter and I have to say the experience has not been pleasant throughout. All the reviews describing it as so unique lured me to test it and I bought it on the spot because I found it so special. The first thing you notice is how woody it is, it's earthy and deep. Here you are smelling cocoa which is completely different from chocolate. It's anything but sweet.
Unfortunately, the simplicity that makes it so unique was precisely what made me fall out of love with it. It became boring and the woodiness that was so appealing before let way to a "burned rubber" scent that puts me off. Maybe I haven't stored it properly although I've kept it inside my closet so light couldn't have affected it. Both on clothes and on my skin I find the fragrance disturbing now so I'm not wearing it any more. I have to say the lasting power is very good. I did not receive a single compliment while wearing it. I just think it was just not for me.

Amethyststar

I LOVE this perfume, I get definate chocolate scents, it is warm and enveloping and sweet. Every time I wear this, I have people tell me how good I smell and ask what it is. A winter fragrance, much too warm for summer.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The way these notes play together on my skin, I get sandalwood and cocoa powder. When I first tested it, I thought I had found the sexiest sandalwood fragrance ever, but when I checked the notes I realized it was just my chemistry playing tricks on me. The patchouli and vanilla are causing the cocoa powder note for me and sandalwood and coconut notes like to masquerade as each other on my skin.

All in all, it's a very sultry fragrance. It's warm and dry, and the scent stays close to my skin.

rosered

Great staying power with my chemistry , the simple smells distinct and fragrant ,
indeed the cocoa , and the vanilla and patchouli...

I love all three of these as warm and sensual scents together as in one cocoon ,its a favorite of mine from Yves Rocher
as with a few others :)

chelle2513
chelle2513

I love this scent. It really smells like a suanna to me, warm and woody. That is exactly what it smells like to me, warm, wet, wood, but in a good way.

I really like it. I'm not sure I smell any of the notes, but I keep sticking my arm in my boyfriends face saying "mmmm doesn't this smell good" and he says yes. This is definitley on my "to buy" list. I just can't get enough of this scent. It is warm but not in a cozy I want to go to sleep way, in a sexy way.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I am continually fascinated by how we can all experience the same scent so differently. "Comfort scent," "Sexy," "Earthy--not sweet," "Too sweet" etc. It seems most of us agree though, that this is a scent with strong appeal.
I was initially afraid of the chocolate note. I don't like Lempicka L or Jo Malone Blue Agave & Cacao because the chocolate notes in those were overwhelming for me. But in Cocoon, the chocolate, which is perfectly melded with the vanilla, coconut and patchouli, is just right--not overly sweet or 'cakey.'
Like Lillybee, I see a resemblance to Cartier Baiser du Dragon, but the Baiser is considerably dryer and more sophisticated. If Baiser is the femme fatale, Cocoon is her younger, sweeter, slightly naive little sister. On the sexy scale, however, these two are neck and neck.
In just a few short days this has become my winter-time go-to scent. All my other bottles and samples sit idly by while I wrap myself up in this egg-shaped bottle of bliss.
Addendum: I've recently been layering Cocoon with Idylle and love the combination. The roses in the Idylle cut some of the initial sharpness of the Cocoon, and I love how the rose in the Idylle melds with the cocoa in the Cocoon as the day wears on. What a lucky surprise!

c3c
c3c

Mmmmmm! It smells like milk chocolate with just a tiny bit of coconut and it smells fabulous! It's very linear which is just fine with me, I wouldn't want it to change!
Lasting power was good, around 4 hours. If your a chocolate / coconut fan this is a must have. Even if your not a huge coconut fan, it isn't overpowering here. There's far more in Versace Crystal Noir.

Migotka
Migotka

I am still not decided about that one...

At first, I did not detect anything disticnt. The scent was somewhat soft, fluffy, nice, cozy, but very volatile. I repeated the tests, and this time I was captivated by the sweetness of it. It is a very nice, warm scent, kind of making me think of freshly baked cookies and soft pullover, fore and chimney. A Cocoon indeed! When I look at the snow outside, and the termometer showing -10 degrees, I really feel like spraying it on me and going for a nice cup of hot chocolate with a thick layer of cream on it.

However, at times it seems like too sweet, too envelopping, the cocoon becomes too tight, something I would nt expect for a fragrance beginning in such a soft way.

This perfume has a strong own identity, and is not for everyone. But is you are looking for a special fragrance, that will sure make an impression, this one is a good choice!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I really dont get this scent like the rest,for me its strange,strong and gives me headache..I tried to give it a chance but no,it kept on disturbing me..

Zhara
Zhara

The best of the cocoa-patchouli numbers out there. Angel is of course the most famous, but in my humble opinion, too sweet and reeking of that mass-market artificial smell that gives away the fact that the stuff is synthesized by the tanker-truckload. So too, B&BW's Chocolate Amber, which may or may not claim a patchouli note, but is clearly in the same "non-candy cocoa" category.

Neonatura Cocoon on the other hand, has the dusky cocoa mystery done just right. In fact, the mystery is minimal, and it even dares to be happy, and just a tad comforting. Dry, dark cocoa powder and oakmoss, softened with perhaps a bit of musk? The patchouli is of the best quality, traveling as a mature and well-mannered companion to the other notes, not the attention-seeking eccentric that it can sadly become in other frags.

Definitely appropriate for everday wear, non-offensive for the office, and unique enough to make people turn their heads inquisitively.

This could easily be a niche market fragrance, poured into a more interesting bottle and saddled with an outrageous pricetag. Il Profumo's overly complex Chocolats would have some serious competition if that happened. Instead, Cocoon cheerfully defies expectations for it's cost, and delivers a clever and unique treat.

Magpie
Magpie

Its warm earthy and sweet, it blends perfectly with the natural smell and warmth of your skin- would perfect for autumn walks in the country side. Not really for people who're looking for something trendy and bright/fresh.

Description on box-
"Neonatura: Find strength in nature's roots.
I am round and comforting like a safe embrace. A delicate mix of patchouli, cocoa and vanilla, I am woody and warm, enveloping and deep. A perfume of refuge, I am the essential link to natures origins that balance and protect."

Amanda79
Amanda79

Simplicity at its best! Who would have thought that three single notes could create such surprising complexity! Neonatura Cocoon shows me the true depths of fragrance "notes", how they work and mix together and how powerful they can be.

First up, the patchouli. This is a warm, sweet and earthy patchouli. It plays the role of creating deepness and spice. So comforting and cozy!

Second, cocoa powder. Dusty and dry and just a little bitter. No artificial sweeteners or fake imitations of chocolate. Neonatura Cocoon captures the true scent of genuine cocoa powder!

And third, the vanilla. A tad more sweet than the chocolate. The vanilla would be the milk added into the recipe with a sprinkle of sugar. It softens the patchouli and infuses the perfect amounts of creaminess.

Neonatura Cocoon is a chocolate lovers dream fragrance! Harmonious amounts of each note create a sophisticated and well rounded gourmand for women. Perfect for the fall/winter when you just want to be comfy and warm!

jatzzie
jatzzie

First Neonatura Cocoon smelled like cocoa to me, but after some time it transformed itself to a cognac-like scent.Altho I enjoy the smell of cognac, I'm not sure whether I wanna smell like that myself.:)

Alara
Alara

Cocoon is grounding, comforting and long lasting. There is absolutely no coconut, as mentioned before, so if that's stopping you from trying it, please go ahead and try it ;). I find it to be a unisex scent, more so than some declared as such. The vanilla isn't sweet at all, the most prominent note is the patchouli. It's like a bowl of dry patchouli leaves mixed in with cocoa beans and you're grinding the blend into your own private concoction.
It's not girly, it's not mature, it's an Earth scent to me, the way I smell during and after gardening. :)
That simplicity doesn't take away from his beauty at all.

pmihova
pmihova

This fragrance is a proof of the fact that sometimes simple things can bring great joy.

Among my perfumes, this is the one that I can always count on to match every mood of mine, every weather, every occasion.

Composition begins with dry, powdery cocoa dust, like when you open the box to flavor your milk. Patchouli calls from the distance, as bitter, woody echo.

Vanilla is usually not my favorite note, in most cases it is too simple, cloying, cake-like, but here it is creamy soft, barely present, just enough to take the cocoa note to the next level - milk chocolate.

The aroma wanders between dry cocoa and chocolate, embraced by the earthy patchouli and leaves magnificent, sexy trail on the skin.

Did I mention I like Neonatura? ;)

A LOT!!!

guest_Ally
guest_Ally

Would the admin please replace the coconut note with the cocoa note and accompanying graphih image. Thank you.

LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Oh my God! There is something in the scent that makes me sick :( Too intensive, too much cocoa, to much vanilla... I don´t like it.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

This fragrance reminds me of cuddling naked by a fire with the opposite sex, sipping spiked hot cocoa with the snow falling outside....or lounging in a hammock beachside while the sun goes down. It doesn't matter how you dream it, this is silky and soft and sexy. To me very, very sultry.

sky76sky

What a find! A warm, inviting, unique & adorable scent that is reasonably priced & readily available :)

On my skin it is soft, deep, dark & delicious, with good sillage & lasting power. However, the listed notes do not give the best scent-impression of how this delightful perfume actually smells on skin: imagine puncturing the foil on the tin of some quality, velvety cocoa.....that warm, dry, rich, thick & earthy, not-too-sweet scent that fills your nostrils is the exact same scent-sation that is the main body of this linear fragrance.

If you do not like patchouli do not bother with this fragrance. I love to wear pure patchouli, & adore its sensual, earthy nature...but I can see this scaring away a lot of testers!

Also, I have had nothing but good comments from others when I wear this scent: "Wow - I want to eat you up!" & "Mmm, who's wearing the gorgeous dark chocolate scent?". I have written the name on scores of slips of paper for people who have fallen under its spell - it is a real charmer of a fragrance!

Cocoa straight from the tin made wearable....& an absolute staple in my wardrobe from now on! Bravo! :)

ice2fire
ice2fire

I always claim, that Yves Rocher is the only one from catalogue sellers (Avon, Oriflame) whose perfumes are on level of famous perfume producers. Néonatura Cocoon is (among others) one such proof - interesting and warm scent, where confident yet playful chocolate meets gentle spearmint. I love it.

lillybee
lillybee

A lot richer on me than the few notes suggest. It reminds me of a softer, vanilla-infused version of Le Baiser du Dragon, one of my all time woody oriental favourites. Cocoon is sweet and boozy at the beginning, like brandy then it mellows down into a fantastic patchouli - vanilla that's a lot better than it sounds. It isn't entirely a comfort scent to me, I wouldn't wear it at home, it's for a convivial night-out or a cozy dinner for me. Enchanting, light but with enough power to make you feel like a woman. Well done YR!

montieg
montieg

I'm wearing this fragrance now, and people keep commenting on how gorgeous I smell! I must admit when I first sprayed it I almost died - it reminded me of pine sol, but then, after 20 mins of the scent warming on my skin, this BEAUTIFUL vanilla, chocolate, patch smell came through and warmed me. Love it. Have patience for this to warm.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

What a deliciously comforting scent! Theres a warm-earthy sharpness from the spices (even though I'm not sure that there are any), with a punch of dried shredded coconut (though I don't think there really IS any...but on me it smells like there is), laced with a subtle vanilla essence. The patchouli intermixed in here is incredibly intoxicating & brings a warm & calming woodsyness. Perhaps it lends a hand in creating the spicy aroma I smell, as well. When I wear this I think of dried shredded coconut & roasted almonds wrapped in a delightfully spicy rich bitter dark chocolate shell. How absolutely decadent, elegant, and cozy. (And on the "right" day/season, etc...it can actually be pretty sexy.)

falovalo
falovalo

Very earthy and spicy. The vanilla does come through, but the patchouli is way more dominant, at least on my skin. It stayed a little masculine and I have to say, I was very disappointed because I'd read so many good reviews about Neonatura Cocoon. I can tell it would smell wonderful on the right person, it just doesn't on me.

sfsassy
sfsassy

This is a gem of a scent. Very sultry rich vanilla and patchouli. Long Lasting and a good retail price. Pick this up while you can.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

I used this for four years constantly. It was always there for me when I needed sth comforting. But a change in life also changed my like in parfums.
Wearing this, people assured how good it lingers around me, really:like a cocoon and how much they associate it with me.
It's the first parfum by Yves Rocher which I like and which has the courage to be different and a bit provocative.
A confident, smiling midget-woman from out of space and time, with sth. earth-like on her skin comes into my mind when I think about Néonatura. She asks the astonished people around her: can you handle that?

badusername
badusername

My sister borrowed me hers after I'd received the souffle version and I must admit, I like this one a lot more. I will definitely purchase this one. Calms me, is warm and comforting.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Sometimes I would like shelter, run away to safe place. Such, I will be fond in which safely, warm and quietly. It beguile island with patchouli, vanilla and bitter cholocate. Yet, I have such island, no, it's rather cocoon in wich I can to safe - it is Neonatura Cocoon. It's fine, natural, warm smell, which smells none perfume, but it smells charmed brown oasis of tranquility , calm. In second phase smells friendly pine forest also. Quiet, warm, oriental, unpretentious, simple, very natural smell. It's very similar to exclusive Borneo by Lutens, but it is cheapest considerably. And it next fine advantage Neonatura Cocoon. Probably, fairest smell of Yves Rocher and probably, one of fairest oriental scent in whole perfum. Very curious. It very pleases other peoples. They hook me and they ask about its name. Warm Neonatura Cocoon is curiously and beautiful.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Not everyone will like this perfume. If you want a sexy, provocative perfume, this is NOT it. If you want a winter perfume for dark days, this is it.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I adore this fragrance!! It is warm, comforting, yummy, and sexy all at once...a GREAT winter scent. Its name is perfect, and so is the bottle...comfortable and wraps around your skin like a glove.

For the first two or three hours, I really get the coconut flavored with an enticing vanilla/patchouli mix. After the coconut starts to fade, the drydown is soft and lingering.

I am amazed at how well composed this fragrance is...could easily be very over-powering (a lot of fragrances with coconut and/or patchouli are to me), but it is so beautiful and has the best of everything! A touch of fruit, a bit of gourmand, a hint of spice...PERFECT! :)

I would also like to add that a few years ago I bought a perfume oil from Victoria's Secret with some tropical theme, I can't remember the name of it. (Tahitian Vanilla or something?) Its note were mostly vanilla & coconut & patchouli, and in VERY small doses I liked it. Neonatura Cocoon reminds me of a refined and much more beautiful version of this.

Miss_Nightingale

UPDATE: This is my second day running of wearing this perfume, and I have to say I rather underplayed its merits.

I have had 3 separate compliments (one from a work colleague, 2 from strangers) about my fragrance today, and now I am getting a more complex amber among the base notes which I hadn't previously discerned at all. I didn't mean to make this sound as boringly "okay" as (reading back my original review) it eventually turned out.

Interestingly, all compliments commented on how spicy this was - which is something I don't think is immediately apparent on your own skin as you live with the perfume and let it settle. Along with the amber, vanilla and patchouli base notes, I get occasional wafts of black pepper and ginger, too!

This is definitely growing on me - I love perfumes that still manage to surprise the wearer.

Miss_Nightingale

What do we want from a bottle of perfume? Why do we choose one fragrance over another, when we like, love both of them?

This is rice pudding with extra nutmeg. This is home-made hot chocolate on a cold winter's day. This is an all-enveloping, extremely comforting fragrance that will wrap you within its cocoon all day.

Yves Rocher perfumes are very hit and miss - some are extremely well developed, some are hideous chemicals poured into cheap bottles. This sort of falls between the two. Although I love it, I wouldn't pull it out of my bag with aplomb. Perhaps this is partly to do with my snobbery, but I still feel this isn't on a par with my beloved niche designer fragrances, no matter how 'nice' this perfume actually is.

This isn't a perfume to make your heart beat faster, or to go into raptures about, or to spritz on with abandon whilst attempting to woo your heart's desire... instead, this a perfume that calms, nurtures, reminds you of the good things in life.

It so happens that my fiancee, who says "yeah, that smells alright" about practically all my fragrances, really, really likes this one - to the point where he will actually express a preference and remark about "that nice perfume you were wearing yesterday" if I ask him what he likes.

But I don't wear perfumes for him, or any other man: I wear perfumes to either suit & further enhance the mood I am in - refined ice-maiden; man-eater, mysterious, other-worldly vixen - or to utterly change my mood: to GIVE me confidence; to LEND me the air of an indefatigable character who swans around with a powerful nonchalance that sickens the lesser mortals around them.

Therefore, this perfume suits the moods when you don't know what you need. It melds to your being, it changes to suit YOU. Sometimes I smell nothing but vanilla creme, other times I get punchy hits of patchouli that are almost (but not quite) overwhelming. Mostly I get a musky, sexed-up My Skin smell, with added Crème Brûlée. Extremely more-ish, then, but not a signature perfume I will reach for in order to define the real ME...

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

i ebayed this one because i LOVED the name and the notes. at first, it smells very woody and masculine. i was a little surprised. it quickly turned into a warm nice smell and finished with an adult vanilla. i think maybe someone who only likes vanilla without too much sweetness would really like it.

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

so special this fragrance, it was love at second sight becasue first i thought it`s too woody, but it has also a feminine side in it, makes you feel earthy and save in yourself, brings you down in a positiv way, when you want to relax and you`re stressed, like a cocoon simply, the name fits absolutly...

Carmel
Carmel

Normally vanilla/cocoa scents don't do that well on me, but in this one they do. It's a really warm scent, very regressive and comforting.

Marianne
Marianne

In my opinion, wearing it could offend other people because of its enormous woody intensity. You have to be a strong character and have courage to wear this one. I got a sample but I only apply it at home. A bit too masculine in the base.

rebella
rebella

It´s nice. Varm, tender and very comforting to wear. The vanilla/cocoa smell comes in the end and is unfortunatly very discret. No one can get offended bu this perfume, you can wear it at work or around kids. Sorry enough that at the same time means that nobody notice how good you smell, and the perfume dont last long either. Maybe a perfume for blondes?

Neonatura Cocoon by Yves Rocher 3.77 out of 5 based on 535 ratings and 125 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Neonatura Cocoon by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Neonatura Cocoon by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.