Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Orchidee Yves Rocher for women

Orchidee Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Orchidee by Yves Rocher is a Floral fragrance for women. Orchidee was launched in 1988. The fragrance features spices, vanilla, hibiscus and hiacynth.

Spices Vanilla Hibiscus Hiacynth

Nuit d`Orchidee

Orchidee Fragrance Reviews

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

To me this smells fresh, spicy and perfumy in a good way. The spice reminds me of cloves which I am not usually a fan of but in this mix I really like it. It has a very refreshing, a bit different and yet classic vibe. The freshness comes from flower notes I think, certainly no generic modern ozonic notes! It has a moderate sillage (perfect for me) but does not last long, for some hours on my skin. I can imagine wearing it summer evenings with a bunch of hipsters wearing quirky and beautiful second hand clothes! But it is also subtle enough to use as a work scent. Would probably also be very good for layering with other scents. This is the first proper spicy and proper fresh perfume I've tested that has a definite feminine edge without being sweet.

doormouse1
doormouse1

I loved this so much while it was still available and really mourned the loss when it was discontinued.

Lucky, lucky me. I went into a charity shop and found an unused full-sized bottle, still in its slightly battered box for the princely sum of £1.50.
Next to it was a similarly battered bottle of Ispahan - also £1.50. No Venice, sadly but I live in hope!

Both are in splash bottles not sprays, which is why I imagine they were so cheap. Still, atomisers are cheap and plentiful.

I have never scuttled over to pay so quickly in my life!

Welcome back my old friend, Orchidee. Such a beautiful and individual perfume. Yves Rocher should really revisit some of the masterpieces they have dropped.

Yohji
Yohji

Orchidee of Yves Rocher apart from being vintage fragrance from seemingly simple ingredients is also can effortlessly make himself into same VIP room as Houbigant QF Original and feel as an equal. That's speaking about quality of old Yves Rocher ones.

The bottle is simply stunning and deserves to have bigger size image on fragrantica page as well, four big leaves of orchidee on each side and the neck as flower coming out of the petals, - beautiful!
All about the scent itself was written before by lovely Action and each review here is fantastic – I share their admiration absolutely and completely.
I can smell a world in it – not just flowers, but separately petals, separately stems, grass around, then it goes into such a warm happy vanilla-spicy base that its almost becomes a new kind of fragrance - Flowery-gourmand-vintage-oriental)) That was best I can describe it, and this buy made me realize how much we lost
As Pia have mentioned – wearing Orchidee you just feel “yourself”...About how many modern ones we can honestly say the same with hand on heart?..

piahellgren
piahellgren

I smell a greenish spicy hyacint and mellow, mild vanilla in the background. I find it quite appealing. It is very different from fragrances made today and I feel very much like MYSELF wearing it. It is not as charming and succulent as many modern scents, but it wraps you within it in a way that it becomes a part of you. I have crushes on many flirty, modern scents, but they BORE me so quickly to the point where I never feel saitisfied. Weraing this I feel kind of complete- I don´t crave another yummy one, I am quite settled with the somewhat stand-off-ish spicyness of this one. I wish people would understand these types of scents. You need to give them time to develop and "meld" into your skin.

varykino
varykino

This used to be my favourite Yves Rocher scent when they were still making it, maybe as far back as the '90s. I haven't worn it in a very long time, so this is a review based on memory, but I was just reminded of it and want to leave a little love.

My favourite thing about this fragrance was that it felt both fresh and warmly comforting. It opened up apricot/orange'y and with some other fruity note that I thought was the hibiscus (I associated it with the red-fruitiness of hibiscus herbal infusions). The drydown developed a mildly spicy vanilla with a floral aspect, that reminded me of exotic orchids (maybe my conjecture because of the name) or the nutmeg spice of day lilies. As I recall it, it retained some tropical-fruity lightness throughout. The transparent golden-orange colour of the bottle felt really apt for the scent.

It wasn't a powerful scent in terms of sillage, but it did have some staying power and gentle projection. I had a big splash bottle and I used it up to the last drop, and when I wanted to re-order, it was gone. I'd order it in an instant if they brought it back.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I bought a vintage splash mini on Ebay. The top notes were off, so I had to wait a while before the heart notes made their appearance: a soft, powdery, ladylike spiciness. I am perplexed that hibiscus is one of the notes, as I know from experience it has no scent. I suppose what I smelled was the effect of the vanilla, the hyacinth and the unnamed spices. It does have the character of an elegant 70s perfume rather than a gregarious 80s one. The fragrance dried down to something extremely delicate and feminine.

Verdict: This is beautiful, even though the orchids it evokes are prom orchids arriving in a box with pastel ribbons. Not orchids as they grow in the wild -- green, lush and slightly malevolent. Yves Rocher, bring it back!

icecube
icecube

A very elegant fragrance.
I feel it is more of a 70 ies style then a perfume made in the 80 ies.
It is subtle, light and not in your face.
Dont get any spices but just a wellbalanced juice for real ladies.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

This is lovely - a soft and gentle, slightly oriental floral. As usual for older Yves Rocher fragrances this seems of very high quality especially for the price.

However, it's rather faint on me. In fact, not for the first time, I managed to splll the splash bottle and got it all up my arm (and down my jeans) and it STILL isn't very strong! That's a pity becuase what I can smell of it, i like very much.

Jacobi
Jacobi

So happy ! I found it as a treasure at a fancy fair. A full bottle new in the box for only one euro!
The smell is so good!

Ladydebra
Ladydebra

Oh, I forgot about this old friend!
I bought this from the Yves rocher catalogue, with my first paycheque from my after- school job.
The smell was so much stronger than anything else I had ever worn...in that it wasn't a sweet/sugar/fruit fragrance. It felt really grown up to me, without feeling like my Mums fragrance.
As far as I remember, it smelled warm, hot, amber, a little orangey, and floral. It has been a long time since I smelled it though, so it may be an incorrect recollection!
I loved the bottle - slightly irredescent glass with a stopper rather than a spray, and was a teen girl's romantic idea of what was sophisticated. I wear body shop's Neroli Jasmin and think it has a similar...something....to it!

Agree Amanita, Orchidee is awesome!!

amanita68
amanita68

In my early 20's, I first experienced Orchidee. I loved her and thought she was so me.

I bought a 100ml bottle and used it all up quite quickly, then got caught up in the twenty-something idea of buying of more expensive perfumes. By the time I looked for a new bottle of Orchidee she was nowhere to be seen.

I recently discovered that my mum still had a bottle of Orchidee and she brought it over for our Friday night sniff and a snifter session. I truly expected that, as my senses have refined with age, that I would not find it as enthralling as I did in my 20's, but how I was mistaken! It was even better than I remembered.

I realised that I still love Orchidee, but can appreciate her more now my taste has developed. For a relatively inexpensive scent she is truly gorgeous and quite uniquie, but inoffensive enough to wear for work even though your colleagues may frequently ask what scent you're wearing and tell you how awesome it is!

SouthLondonGirl
SouthLondonGirl

I absolutely love Orchidee, it's a warm, spicy and comforting fragrance which I often wear to bed. I love its softness and the fact that it smells fabulous the minute it's applied, so many fragrances have to 'warm up' before they are palatable.

Just wish it's longevity and silage were better, but I have a big bottle (thank you ebay) so can afford to be generous :)

Augustarina
Augustarina

I'm too embarrassed to say how long I've had this bottle of Orchidee. It's one of the few fragrances I completely love. Sadly, it doesn't quite have the same freshness it had xx years ago but I still enjoy wearing it. The aroma it leaves on my clothes, the bedsheets even, it's just so intoxicating. I used to have the shower gel as well, and it was slightly different but I was crazy for it! I had one bottle, couldnt find it again and made it last almost forever (till my step daughters found it and quickly used up the last "inch" in the bottle!)

The other plus to this scent is my husband's reaction to me when I wear it. It's almost too much. Heck, who needs thongs and stockings when you have Orchidee?

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I remember the bottle on my mom's dressing table ages ago. It always fascinated me. I kinda remember I liked the scent too but i was a wee kid back then. Can't be sure

Wauw Kitten steel, your review EXACTLY describes my feelings about this perfume!!!

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I had this perfume over 10 years ago. Yves Rocher perfumes was my "starting kit" into the world of aromas. I started with YR and then moved on to the designer perfumes. When I visited relatives just now, one of them showed me some perfumes she had. Mini bottles of different brands, among which she had 2 mini bottles of Orchidee. Since I remembered how much I liked this one, I asked if I could have one of them. It's nice to finally be able to smell this lovely scent again, after so many years. To me, the scent reminds me of Christmas, somehow. It has some notes that is in the air around Christmas when you cook Christmas dinner and bake cakes for Christmas. And it reminds me of the Christmas tree too. It must be the spices in the notes, that does it for me. It's a very comforting scent. I'm grateful that I can use it again. The longevity is amazing. Put it on in the morning and it's still there in the evening. Many expensive perfumes don't last half as long. The quality of the older YR perfumes(from 70s and 80s) are just as good as Chanel and Dior and other expensive brands today. I hope I can stumble on some more YR scents from the 70s and 80s. I miss them!

paleface

Thank you, dear Action, for your kind words! But I have to confess, that YOU are one of those persons whose review(s) enticed me to buy this classic :-D

What an amazing review Paleface!!!

paleface

Orchidee opens so sunny and crispy that you can't but smile. Orange/mandarin is not listed, but I am sure I get some beside hyacinth. The start is like liquid springtime, full of life! In fifteen minutes this lively blow has calmed down to a very nice flowery blend with a good dose of vanilla and something little edgy (spices?) - but sadly, now without that original burst of joy. When I first tried this after purchasing (a blind buy - you guys with your enthusiasm for scents and invaluable knowledge 1. arouse one's interest and thus 2. ruin one's budget... to the degree, that I have bought over 40 perfumes blindly only relying on your good taste and, may I say, NOT in vain!) I thought: Well, this is it. I was totally content but not overly impressed.

When time went by, Orchidee became creamier. It felt definitely feminine.

About 4-5 hours later something happened. Was it my chemistry or the perfume itself, who knows. EK says on her wonderful review, that she got a lot of spices after seven hours (kind of Iceberg's The Fragrance without pistachio and vanilla, if I understood right). I got something else (one of these days I have to compare this - wrist to wrist - to ITF which I also own), namely vanilla AND bergamot together, not orange as at first, but dry and savoury bergamot oil from the same olfactory family as orange. Hmmm...I just checked, ITW has also vanilla and bergamot. I really have to compare these two soon...

So, Orchidee offered a surprise after so many hours! It was never too loud but there was enough projection to keep one satisfied from the beginning to the end. And the metamorphosis in the course of time was impressive; a kind of round-trip, when you, returning home after years, find that some things in your hometown have changed, some are gone forever, some are vaguely same and some are almost like before you left.

Thank you, fellow Fragfranticas, from this blind buy, and keep sharing your observations others to learn and enjoy!

Reverie78
Reverie78

A fresh and delicate scent with descreet floral elements that don't bother you like other floral perfumes and i think this is the secret of its success. Α really seductive perfume! I strongly recommend it.

miracle99
miracle99

My mom had it many years ago and i still remember its smell. Fresh, floral and delicate. I hope that i'll find it.

EK
EK

This is something else for sure!
My mom-in-law gifted me this and a couple of other YR last week - she doesn't wear perfume anymore - and today I finally got around to wear Orchidee.
It opened sweet, strong and very floral. Lovely, it fits the sparkle and color of the bottle perfectly. about 30 minutes later the heart sneaked in, nice and calm, not-so-flowery, sort of woody on me. Very nice and likeable, but not one that stands out very much.
Seven - yes, seven! hours after I applied, a drydown explosion happened. Orchidee went stronger in the drydown than it was in the heart! Boom! I was surrounded by what seemed to be a whole new, spicy perfume. Even more surprising, it reminded me SO much of Iceberg The Fragrance without the pistacchio and before the vanilla takes over. Orchidee has vanilla too, but it's subtle here.
I don't really like to say 'this fragrance is like that fragrance', but this loud and wonderful drydown really did resemble the part if Iceberg that I love the most.
Now it's been over 10 hours since I applied this morning, and there's not much left. Over the last 2½ hours the drydown changed again into a soft vanilla with only little sweetness.
Reading up on my own review here makes me worry about the sanity of my own nose. But this was what I experienced.
Sillage - I'm not sure, but I think it comes and goes.
Longevity - 10 hours, I can't complain!
I'm so happy I have this lovely gem with its divine drydown and all its surprises.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I used to own this one and its a nice creamy Orchid with soft spiciness.
I liked it and haven't smelled anything similar so thats a plus because I hate when a lot of frags smell the same but this one too me is rather Unique.
Wish I still had some.
I will say that I would have prefered it to have a spray But the stopper is kinda pretty regardless though.:)

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

Here is another masterpiece from Yves Rocher that got flushed without a second glance. I loved this perfume.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I saw this one today at a car boot sale...wish I'd picked it up now! I think I was put off by the stopper? I pulled it off and it went all over my hand (oops!) anyway, it's a lovely semi oriental in the Ysatis mould to me, damn! If I see it again it will be mine!

malia
malia

Dear Action, it's magical indeed HOW the perfume can make you feel. I am so happy for two of you - Action and Orchidee. Enjoy, it's a true treasure.
I had this beautiful perfume years ago and did i love it! I hope i can find it again. But your review made me smile. Thanks ;-)

I just cannot say what kind of effect this perfume AND bottle have on me!

Just like the vintage Venice, it is just like it is magical. I feel sooo dreamy looking at the golden orange bottle, so shiny, with the glittery cap. And then the perfume itself, sooo comforting, so complete, so delicate and special. Again super dreamy and magical. I could really say it is like my soul perfume. It makes me happy and really cheerful!

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

I absolutely love this perfume. I remember my mother wearing it when I was younger. She kept the bottle to remind herself to get a new one. I came across this in a lot I won from ebay. It took me right back to sitting on my mother's bed while she got ready to go. I remember her using this in the spring. I had to get this one. I lucked out and found a big bottle for 5 dollars. This one is absolutely spring in a bottle. Nice, not too sweet, a good dose of florals without being sickly sweet. This one is absolutely timeless and ageless.

lilou
lilou

I would like Yves Rocher to make a new relesae of Orchidee. I've got nice and sweet souvenirs about this perfume. But I was too young to wear it. My Mum gave me the bottle but it was empty : the only thing I could do was breathe the few lasting drops. Anybody knows where I could find it ?

guest_flower
guest_flower

yıllar önce bir arkadaşım hediye etmişdi bir daha bulamadım inanılmaz güzel ve mutluluk verici bir parfum yaniden kullanmak istiyorum tabii bulabilirsem

milena
milena

I didn't know I had this perfume, till couple of days ago.I was cleaning the garage and what do you know this yr pops out of no where.I can remember buying this about twelve years ago.It smells beautiful and it is very delicate and alluring soft smell.The floral scent is not overpowering and it is very feminine.
.Classic. I have the big bottle.

Wauw Orchidlover, I never smelled a similar perfume (except Nuit orchidee of course), but I will compare it to Dolce Vita for sure! I always love it when we can find a resembling perfume somewhere. Especially where it concerns Yves Rocher perfumes, that are not widely communicated about their containing notes. For example the extremely complex vintage Ispahan and it's striking resemblance to Miss Dior vintage, the notes really do not give that away.

orchidlover
orchidlover

Really pleasant vintage perfume. It reminds me of Dior Dolce Vita but a bit sharper and a bit more spicy than floral. Feminine, nice aroma for winter.

I wore this one today again, and I am so in love with it!! This perfume makes me feel so happy!! I really think it has something in it, a certain note, that can really lift your spirit. Almost like a medicine to me. I am really so much in love with this one..

The staying power on me is enormous! When I put this on, hours and hours later it comes up from my skin, blowing in my face!!!!
But maybe some people are not able to smell it, like I am not able to smell Rive Gauche. But for those who DO smell it, it keeps on smelling all day!

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

Lovely fragrance, my very first from YR. Too bad they dont make it anymore. The only gripe I have with it is poor lasting power. I had to literally douse myself in it frequently to keep up the fragrance. This is a problem I have with some YR scents. Love their fragrance but such poor lasting power!
Their botanical scents (not listed here) are lovely, especially Honeysuckle and Blue Cedar. But you could literally bathe in it and still the smell does not last long. They are eau de colognes but I wish they would make them 2 ounces instead of 4 and amp up their lasting power.

Just yesterday I was talking with Amarilia bout this one, that she found it so incredible, so I just put it on again, and I just cannot explain the beauty of this. It surpasses time, it is divine actually, it is tasteful, classy, not in your face BUT with good sillage. It is a hidden treasure, if you find it, GRAB IT!!!

gesch
gesch

I really like the old-school character of this fragrance, even that it's not a spray but a splash(is that the right word?). The drydown is a bit like the typical AVON muskiness, but if you like that...
The first minutes are still a dream of creamy velvety flowers with this nice subtle spiciness though.
it is somewhat the feeling I get when smelling no.5 on my mother - they don't smell anything alike, but the aura is to me quite comparable.

guest_Tina
guest_Tina

Is it still possible to get this parfume? I really need to buy it for my mum but here in Slovakia we cant get it anymore.

swedeangel
swedeangel

I kinda like this oldfashioned,quite simple floral. An orchideescent that of course is sweet ,but not cloying - very nice indeed.

lillybee
lillybee

I ended up with two miniatures of this when buying a lot of miniatures for my collection. Orchidee does smell of orchids, hence the name, but instead of a single orchid note, the scent is made up of vanilla, spices and flowers, the components of the orchid scent.

The vanilla is herbal and smoky, the spices aren't really distinguishable and unfortunately I'm not getting the hibiscus note. I was expecting something similar to a hibiscus tea note I love, instead I'm getting something sharp, burnt and green, like oakmoss. It's not bad, just reminds me of chypre fragrances which aren't my favourites. This sharp note disappears in the drydown though, leaving a pleasant woody - spicy orchid combo.

katyas
katyas

I re-discovered this scent recently - of course, AFTER YR stopped selling it. But I had a mini that I'd kept around for years and when I got onto my current "perfume craze," I opened it up. And fell in love. I had no choice but to haunt eBay until I could get a big bottle for my very own ... It's floral without being cloying, spicy without being overpowering, and it lasts a long time. This is definitely one you should eBay if you have a chance - or maybe a massive letter-writing campaign to Yves Rocher to bring it back (and have it available in the US!).

Jeanette
Jeanette

My first perfume! Would love to have it again, many happy memories.
But as all the YR-"classics", it's off the market.
I hope for a comeback!

Orchidee by Yves Rocher 3.77 out of 5 based on 165 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Orchidee fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Orchidee, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Orchidee by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Orchidee by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.