Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Pivoine Yves Rocher for women

Pivoine Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Pivoine is a vintage perfume from the house of Yves Rocher, featuring the notes of peony and other flowers.

Peony Floral Notes

Pivoine Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

I dont know what I did expected but its just in billions times better. The only fragrance I can compare - ( hope you are sitting now) is Jacomo Silences
Yes, its THAT good and complicated.
Incredible Vintage greenness, I do smell lily-of-the-valley and vetiver in it, narcissus and hyacinth, aldehydes
Its soooo underrated, I think the lack of notes over here plays role, its hard just to deal with nose and imagination while you just "guessing"
Its so perfectly mixed that the only hint that you are wearing "old" flower-green fragrance will be its incredible quality. Smell of a posh lady, who just entered the house from her garden on the morning, holding fresh-cut peonies, - lasts like nobody's business, it's a privilege to know, you, Pivoine

Plrowden
Plrowden

What a joy it was to experience this lovely old formula fragrance! Pure green freshness at the beginning, just as a green peony bush loaded with buds. It doesn't take long for the gorgeous peonies to bloom, and bloom they do! Big luscious soft pink peonies abound as the top note mingles with the green, but soon chases the green away. The dry down is, on me, a very soft mixed floral skin scent that I quite enjoyed while it lasted. Unfortunately for me my skin drank this fragrance up so quickly, I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked! I will have to reapply often and I will! I found the sillage to be quite soft.

I love the milk glass bottle and green peony top! So very vintage looking and classy at the same time! I really do like this fragrance!

Lakambini
Lakambini

On first application, I got a soft spicy note and the lush yet clean sensation of sniffing at the very heart of a ruffley, newly-opened flower, stamens and pollen and all. I don’t recall how the peonies in my garden smell, it’s too early for them, but this was certainly a natural sort of scent. As it dried, I searched my memory and thought I smelled lilies with a wee bit of freesia, and a hint of magnolia. Then it hit me: this has echoes of Anais Anais, but without the leather accord.

It is certainly complex in that the scent moves from green to spicy to soapy to creamy and back, all within a tight, pale pink and feminine space. Sillage is intimate, inviting closer investigation. Oh why did Yves Rocher have to discontinue this pretty, pretty thing?

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Very pretty. A soft and gentle floral that becomes a little powdery over time. The peony note is distinguishable but not excessive.

A lovely fragrance for spring in my opinion.

Sillage is moderate, as is lasting power.

This Yves Rocher classic is in marked contrast to their Pur Desir de Pivione. The latter is very much more potent and pungent, with a strong and to my nose rather bitter aspect.

I much prefer Pivoine myself.

Prunella212
Prunella212

I still have the bottle but I don't remember what smell it is, where can we buy it ?

agagusia
agagusia

Does somebody know what year are these perfumes from?

vld
vld

Got this many years ago. It is almost pure Peony. light, fresh, all flower.

aemtramp
aemtramp

I have never worn “Pivoine” until today.

After, the UPS delivery of my auction winnings of a lot of 1 containing 8 bottles of “Pivoine” by Yves Rocher from Liquidation.com, I sprayed the lovely fragrance on my wrist and was delightful pleased by both my blind purchase and the wonderful new find!!!

Of course, as I said, I did not know the fragrance so, before I placed my bid, I “Googled” to check out the stats on it and ran across this site, and found it delightfully informative; encouraged, I placed my bid and won…

Before today, I was going to use the procurement of this fragrance as random gifts throughout the year, birthdays, graduations, etc., but on first dry down, and the realization of the discontinuation of the fragrance, I concluded that all the bottles would be just for me!!!

“Pivoine” is softly beautiful and just downright yummy and very sexy in such a glorious way, I love it…

tschiepchen

♥Action♥, you are too sweet, you sweet thing, you!

I went through my empty bottle collection this morning and managed to get one tiny drop out of my dab on bottle - and there it was:
A fragrant universe of flowers that evoked memories of me wearing Pivoine 15+ years ago.
This tiny drop turned out to become a real scent adventure (!) that made my head (and my nose, too) spin.

An incredibly sweet trip dow memory lane. :)

Tschiepchen!! Never ever did anyone write such a good review on this perfume! Everything you say about it being very complex is true!
Thank you for giving it all the credits it deserves!!

tschiepchen

Yves Rocher's Pivoine is a great, strong, floral fragrance that used to be part of my collection in the mid to end nineties.

Pivoine starts out with a blast of floral notes.
Peonies definitely stand out the most but there is so much more than just peonies!
Pivoine must have been constructed around a multitude of pink and white flower accords with some added green spring freshness; I can definitely smell a fresh lily-of-the-valley note and I would be surprised if magnolias are not part of the composition as I always felt that Pivoine's sweet and dense scent effects were created by magnolias.
On top of all that there is something extremely feminine (sexy actually) about this fragrance in the drydown (after 8+ hours).
I am not sure how they managed to add sex appeal to Pivoine but they did it and it is just fantastic; especially if you take into account that by today's standards Pivoine does not fall into the category of seductive scents.

Pivoine's lasting power is more than impressive, it actually borders on the incredible (something between 12 and 24 hours).
The sillage is equally excellent; 3 sprays surround the wearer with an intense and extremely feminine aura made of dense floral notes.

Pivoine is heady, dense and incredibly feminine.
It has a certain vintage feel to it that is the complete opposite of today's modern light florals.
It is sad it was discontinued as the apparent successor, Pur Désir de Pivoine, is nothing like the original. Pur Désir de Pivoine is a nice fragrance by its own right but has not much to do with the über-floral beauty that Pivoine is.

Another incredible YR fragrance that was axed more than a decade ago.

a very light almost skin scent on me. a very feminine and soft floral, baby powderish. i think this is very nice. lasting about 2 hrs so far, but again it is very light. perfect for bedtime. i'm enjoying this so far, nothing about this is offensive.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I used to have a few small bottles of this and I thought it was nice but the scent felt like it would have been more suited towards a cream or a lotion instead of a perfume though.
This used to smell very soft and kinda soapy on my skin.:)

hooked2thegoodstuff
hooked2thegoodstuff

this perfume reminds me of my childhood. My mom used to wear this and I remember the fragrance lasting forever on her. In her memory, I bought a bottle off e-bay and I am pretty sure I am not going to use it. But yes, makes me very nostalgic.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a mini version of it and I remember I liked it. I didn't like fresh scents then (nowadays there are a few I like very much) but Pivoine was loved by me, used to the last drop and missed much afterwards. I guess nowadays I'd say it's a vintage perfume but I like orchid and a vintage touch sometimes so maybe I'd like it too...

I remember Pivoine was quite strong fragrance, very flowery one. Bottle brings Anais Anais to my mind a bit.

iboudesign
iboudesign

Sorry for people who love it and wear it because my comment will be negative, but a few years ago, I received a small kit with several small bottles of fragrance as a gift and Yves Rocher Pivoine was part of them. I really hated the smell plus it does not suit me at all. For me, it really feels too strong. Zero discretion. I just keep it because I collect perfume bottles but I have worn only once. Not my scent at all. :(

Back then I thought this scent was quite nice. A strong peony scent with some added flowers. The lasting quality was not so good. Today I don't like peony much anymore.

Cocacolapeachgirl
Cocacolapeachgirl

I had this a while back, nice scent, but never lasted long on me. It is a fresh floral.

malia
malia

Hey, Moraine, be strong... I know that feeling ;-)

moraine
moraine

Sniff! I used the last of my old bottle this morning! :-( ... I've had it since college (where my roommate used up most of it, grrr) and I will really miss it. To me it smells just like a spring garden on a warm day. It's deceptively simple, soft and gentle but with presence and backbone. Goodbye Pivoine!

aki777
aki777

I love peonies so that ordered this one but was very dissapointed after all...It smells very vintage, in a negative way unfortunately. I can detect a very sharp and bitter note and no peonies at all. Since it is a vintage perfum(mine is a mini version) it may be off now and that's why it has that sharp note. I don't know but the old lady vibe in this perfume makes it impossible to wear. Such a shame. I think this is the risk u take with many vintage juices while purchasing them.

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

This was my first grown up perfume.lol. I was barely a teenager but this was considered elegant and sophisticated for someone my age. I still wear this scent during the spring. It's also good for a summer scent. It's hard to find as are all of the best perfumes by Yves Rocher, but it's well worth it. It's light, natural peony at it's best. This is what a flower in a bottle should smell like. It's just a shame that they discontinue the best things and opt for the synthetic crap that they put on the market and sell for ungodly prices.

You are right Gypsy, Pivoine is an amazingly complex perfume. It goes in the manner of the following masterpieces:

- Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps
- Ralph Lauren 'Lauren' vintage
- Nina Ricci 'Nina' vintage

They are all complex floral creations, with a strong earthy note. And that's how I like my florals the most!! This perfume belongs to my Yves Rocher favorites ever. It is a very strong perfume, with amazing sillage. It is not a screamer though, it is really like the perfumes stated here above..

This is the true spirit of the peony, to me, and (as usual) the vintage is much richer than the modern reformulation: Pur Desir de Pivoine...

On first applying a few drops from my vintage mini (Thanks, Mari!!), I was greeted with a strange bitter vegetal type scent...perhaps it had "turned", I thought. But wait...what is this?! I am greeted (after it dried a bit and the aldehydes faded) with a lovely airy floral scent, not really spicy and not really sweet. More fresh and dew-soaked, with subtle hints of fruity sweetness and some stems and a light juiciness. It is easy to pick out notes in a perfume when you have the list above your review...but here there is so much more going on than just peonies and white flowers! I swear I can almost detect something clean and vaguely soapy, but also very refined in this wonderous eau de toilette. The newer Pur Desir version DOES smell exactly like peonies, for sure; but this has something very elegant, yet simple happening in it. To quote the old cliche: "They don't make them like this anymore..." hits the nail on the head. If a modern fragrance is called "X", it generally smells like X and little, if anything, more. There are peonies in here, yes...but also other delicate petals, some lovely greens, a bit of yumminess and also something sublimely earthy as well. If you like floral scents that are well blended and swirl other notes around a core accord, this is something you will like...I, for one, am quite impressed-yet again, by this House's past more than its present!

Sillage: close but nice
Longevity: average
Overall: 3.5/5

Peonies are huge flowers with hundreds of petals that exude a wonderfully sweet spiciness that is at once soft and slightly sharp. This vintage EDT is like a peony, in that sense; but here, the juice is so much more. Whoever made this, and whatever is in it; it has stood the test of time. No year is listed for its release but I am guessing sometime in the mid- to late nineties, when perfumes began to get subtler and less "massive". Being from a natural company, I was amazed that this fragrance still smells as wonderful as it does, after all these years! The bottle is adorable with the white milk glass (clean and smooth)and the peony shaped cap (floral spiciness) and mirrors the scent well, too!!

elm0505
elm0505

I don't know what happened to this scent (or to me) It smelled so wonderfully when I was a teenager, it was a light warm floral with a citrusy twist that I loved. Now that I'm older and I've managed to get hold of a bottle via eBay I just can't stand it, it gives me headaches, and all I get is floral and strong aldehydic notes. So sad, this brought so many beautiful memories...

Guest Lili!
YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT!! I am still astonished about this beauty everyday. And exactly what you are saying, sooo well balanced!!! Why don't you sign up here and become a member?

guest_Lili
guest_Lili

To me this perfume is a masterpiece, it is full of memories but at the same time not out dated or oldish, so complicated but simple at the same time. it gives me hope. It is very well balanced. I wanna buy it again but here I cannot find it.

I had Pivoine ages ago.
I knew I was too young to wear it as this is a real lady's fragrance but I wore it anyway.
Nice, feminine, strong, flowery scent with great staying power.

And we love it indeed!!!
One of the many YR fragrances that are unknown in terms of their real notes (must be a lot of notes, smelling the complexity) and I would love to know who made this beauty. I really wish someone of the company could provide info on the beauties of the past.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Yuck. This is not my thing at all. At first it smells of overpowering flowers and then it settles down into a soapy smell. It smells outdated to me. But I'm glad other people like it.

jedikitty
jedikitty

Oh, how I loved this one... The bottle is very decorative, too. The scent was a true peony, not some wannabe mix of flowers with a tiny hint of peony. No, with this one you actually got peony (and I LOVE peonies, and can never get enough of them when they bloom).
Hard to find now but, sometimes, you can get lucky on eBay.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Glad to see this is finally in the database! I used to own this and loved it. First of all the bottle is so very charming, especially sitting on a vanity. I remember it to be a simple but lovely and clean interpretation of of the peony flower. Never headache inducing for me or sharp. Wish they would bring it back - bottle and all.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Earlier I posted a review of this one, thinking it was transformed into the more recent Pur desir de pivoine which is in fact a different fragrance.

Pivoine is a very romantic and fresh, feminine and youthful perfume. I remember it had a touch of dewy green plants along the center stage peony, lily of the valey and jasmine, maybe magnolia, evolving into a soapy clean base. I never found it outdated, it was my first perfume around the age of 12 and I wore it until it was discontinued. I still have a gorgeous little bottle somewhere but it's empty alas!

What a great perfume. The smaller bottles didn't have a spray so you just had to rub the flower cap against your skin...:)According to my memories this is very similar to Ralph Lauren Blue and vaguely similar to Idylle EDT, maybe even Chloe.

This is an extremely well done greenish flower perfume!!

Pivoine by Yves Rocher 3.62 out of 5 based on 185 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Pivoine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Pivoine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pivoine by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pivoine by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.