Designers » T-Z » Floral Green « Groups

Pur Desir de Mimosa Yves Rocher for women

Pur Desir de Mimosa Yves Rocher for women
dislike

yellow floral

This fragrance was launched in 2005 and dedicated to the mimosas flower. Pur Desir de Mimosa, passionate and intensive scent, was designed by Annick Menardo. Top notes are pleasant with a mix of fruity and green notes. The heart is floral, with honorary sweet – floral rhythm of mimosas. The base adds up with a scent of mimosas absolute. This is one of the perfumes from 'Pur Desir de Fleurs' collection, dedicated to the flower that flourishes in the middle of winter period and mesmerizes delightfully.

Fruity Notes Green Notes

Summer by Kenzo

Pur Desir de Mimosa Fragrance Reviews

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

Ah how my mother used to stop my pocket money whenever I needed this. I love it! Always have done and would love to find a similar mimosa fragrance as I am craving the stuff!

EDIT: In a fybrofog I must have given the bottle to my mother .... I have my Mimosa back!

Pur desir de Mimosa is fresh airy and lovely. It has some similaritys with Summer by Kenzo - the fresh summerbreeze-opening. Pur desir de Mimosa is more aldehydes/Mimosa mix, a bit skinclose but very nice. Perfect for office or use as a every-day-scent. Lovely.

Pur desir de Mimosa är fräsch, luftig och trevlig. Den har lite likheter med Summer by Kenzo - den där fräscha sommarbris-känslan. Pur desir de Mimosa är lite mer aldehyder/mimosa-mix, lite mer hudnära men väldigt trevlig. Perfekt för kontoret eller som varje-dag-doft. Härlig.

mamufa
mamufa

I hope they will bring it back one day. I miss it so much, especially in winter. When I smelled it I thought of sunny day, of sun. Somehow I felt warm and happy wearing it.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a very green, fresh mimose scent. Fairly linear other than the green notes fading the longer it's worn, but the mimose is what stands out. Lasts well. Perfect for early spring and summer! It's floral and fresh without ever being overwhelming.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Bravo to Yves Rocher, who can capture the essence of plump acacia pods and crushed acacia flowers in the opening notes. Those who have grown up under a canopy of acacia trees will know what I mean. The scent becomes sensual yet soft and a bit fluffy. Somewhat almondy too; would pair well with that accord. Reminds me as well of old paper. Unmistakably floral but not the cool spring garden variety. Transfixing and transporting: heat, cotton dresses, temples.
EDIT: The nose behind this is one of my favorites: Annick Menardo.

negasarah
negasarah

I remember really enjoying this scent. It feels sunny and like spring, and it has unique enough ingredients that it is mysterious.

rasia
rasia

I don't know what happened... I like the scent itself but it clogs up my sinuses and makes me sneeze! It tickles my nose so bad it almost hurts. :-O
I'll give it another try later, hopefully this is just a temporary condition. :-D

fanciful
fanciful

Light, safe, fresh, feminine, happy, soft and unique daytime spring floral.

Fizzy
Fizzy

What is this? No parfum and no Mimosa, that is for sure. 99,999 % of alcohol, unpleasant sharp scent, no lasting power. Of the end there is a strong smell of creamy on the skin, nothing more. Such a creepy juice. If you want a truly lovely sweet mimosa, get for Molinard Mimosa EdT, or if it should be a green smelling sweet mimosa, get for Fragonard Mimosa EdT.

Pur Desir de Mimosa was one of my very first true "soliflores", and to this day is still very close to my perfumed heart. THIS is one of my mother's favorite perfumes of all time, and I can see why. It is (unfortunately) no longer available here in the US from YR, but it is pretty easy to find online.

The name "mimosa" comes from the Greek word for mimic (mimos) and in other countries is called wattle or silk tree, but these are actually nismomers. The fuzzy soft pompoms used here (Indian mimosa absolute) are actually from a specie of a thorny acacia tree. On spraying this again today for this review, the initial impression was one of a thick sharp green (the leaves of the tree?) and something vaguely reminiscent of peaches or apricots. Remember that YR is a natural company and anything drying on the sprayer can "turn" from contact with oxygen; so it should be wiped off after spraying, or it may smell funky the next time you DO spray it. After the unique fruity green smell fades, like a wind through the trees, the beautiful sunny blossoms begin to exude the most heavenly scent. Mimosa, to me, is the smell of warm carefree days and pure sunshine. This perfume smells as soft and fuzzy as the blossoms look: slightly citric (but neither sour nor zesty), freshly floral but warm and comfortable. If there are any another flowers lurking in this juice, they are demure and of the wildflower variety and only add to the wonderful spring-like vibe of the mimosa itself. The final drydown retains the yellow soft florals and hints of greens with a subtle woody feeling. This is a FLORAL perfume, yet it is not overly girly; just soft and natural. This is a wonderful fragrance for celebrating Spring and the return of the sun after a long cold winter, or to feel some floral warmth in the depths of winter. I am reminded of the John Denver song "Sunshine on My Shoulder" when I wear this one. And, it does (without fail) always make me feel HAPPY!!

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.5/5

Why something THIS beautiful was ever discontinued is beyond me! If you think you might like it, get some now...while it is still "around", because sooner or later you could be looking at nearly 100 US dollars for a 60 ml. EDT...like Pur Desir de Lys is currently fetching on eBay! Of all the Pur Desir line, this one is the most "unisex" and I would recommend it for men and women. Floral and smooth, it is not overpowering and can give you that "just right" cozy feeling without offending anyone.

Liina
Liina

You know how some people say that all Avon fragrances smell the same? Well, I have the same feeling about Yves Rocher while I love most Avon's perfumes.
I'm smelling Pur Desir de Mimosa on my wrist right now and I have a feeling that almost all the Yves Rocher scents smell like that. Well, not exactly the same but they all have the same character.
Actually Pur Desir de Mimosa is a really beautiful green floral fruity where all the notes have been balanced very well. But I can't get over the feeling that it smells "so Yves Rocher" that I don't want to wear it for this reason only. I'll pass it.

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

I just got it so this is my very first opinion about it.

I love the sourness and that its very wearable any season.

The thing that i don't like about it, it's the creamy or "creme anglais" scent to it. Hard to describe but it gives me a flashback to my youth and the early 90s.

Overall, i do like it and can't wait to use the showergel and bodylotion. But i'm not sure if i will purchase it again. Still, this is just my very first opinion!

distortech
distortech

Pure heaven. I will NEVER be without this in my collection. Well done!

Mimosa is not my type of scent (too citrusy), but I find this scent to be somehow a cheap version of Kenzo's "Summer". But the YR Mimosa was out before Kenzo ;-) If you like the smell of Mimosa, go for this :)

MsJitka
MsJitka

I’ve had this beautiful scent around four years ago. Recently I purchased it again (lucky me that it hasn’t been discontinued meanwhile). I would describe PDdM as smooth, delightful, suitable for everyday use – but by no means ordinary or boring. One of my favorites. The only thing I worry about is that after two or maybe three years my first PDdM has "spoiled" somehow – it has lost the mimose note and I could smell only the green notes instead. But I’m pretty sure I will empty my second bottle before its "vanishing point". I don’t know any other Yves Rocher fragrance, but I would definitely recommend this one to every woman.

Aliceinwonderland
Aliceinwonderland

I just tested it in a store - not really expecting much, because YR is way too simple for me - I'm more into somewhat more sophisticated perfumes usually, he-he.
The only reason I was interested at all is because my SO likes the way mimosa flowers smell :-)
And - surprisingly - right now (5 hours after the store and having taken a shower )- I can't stop smelling my wrists!
It's nice. It's floral and tender. Girly. Happy. Mesmerising. And simple, that's right, but I seem to like this simplicity :-)
On my skin it doesn't smell exactly like mimosa blossom, I'm afraid, but nevertheless I definitely want to have it!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I, too, remember Pur Désir de Mimosa as a green but warm scent.
Almost as if their Nature frag got a yellow touch.
A lovely spring scent.

camillia
camillia

It's "a tender cologne".
Smells of sun-tan lotion and freshly clipped tarry twigs, and mimosas. A mildly herbal composition that puts me at ease in a cheerful way.
It reminds me of simple outdoor pleasures, such as camping, or a picnic in the country, or a walk under the trees.
I imagine that this scent could also go well for mothers with babies, or for women in care professions.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

First i have to say, i don't like most perfumes from YR, but this is realy stunning!!!
It is so fresh, crisp, sweet/sour, mmmmm
When i wear it, i must think of my other beloved perfume Sensi. For me it is something between Sensi and Sensi white notes.Realy love this perfume.

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

OH.MY.GOODNESS.

I am in pure heaven!!!

Im a huge mimosa/cherry blossom fan anyway, such an uplifting scent, but this....is absolutely beautiful :)

This is the closest reconstruction to actual 'mimosa' you can get,combined with fruity notes(to which i detect alot of melon)to create probably THE best spring/summer scent

this fragrance is like pure catnip for me,it sends me on a dizzy 'high'

I just soooo wish it lasted longer on my skin, but for the time it does last, its perfection :)

Think they should make a pure perfume version.
I wholeheartedly recommend it x

Update=I purchased the corresponding shower gel and body lotion and layered them with the perfume and the longevity increases ten fold, fabulous, i keep getting soothing wafts of this scent throughout the day now due to the layering :) for you ladies out there who love this scent but find it too fleeting, i recommend buying the s.gel and b.lotion too x

rosered
rosered

I love Mimosa anything and this smells just like the real thing ! we have a mimosa tree in the back yard , when it blooms in the spring , you catch'' wiffs'' in the breezes
and this is just the same way , I too layer it with the body wash lotion and spray , its very light and charming a very clean fresh and lovely scent that I will always love and cherish

trax
trax

On me it is the closest thing I have come to the smell of Platanthera bifolia, a white flower which grows up here in the North of Europe called Lesser Butterfly Orchid. This will only be helpful to those of you who know this flower. It had great staying power on me, yet it was not at all a heavy fragrance. Magic :)
I had to order a new bottle tonight after writing this, once the memories came back ;)
PS! It smelled totally different on me now than when I was younger. Not much magic anymore. Perhaps it has to do with the fact I only drank water then, and now I drink alot of Pepsi, who knows :)

csorvi
csorvi

Herbal-floral and warm, something you can't get in every store.

I like the fact that it stays with you all day, but not with any other person in the room...

Chipa
Chipa

Delightful, uplifting, youthful and feminine would be the words to describe this fragrance. This is my favourite of YRs Pur Desir line.

Wearing it makes you feel fresh, clean and gives you kind of innocent and tender yet ultrafeminine aura.

This is the freshest mimosa fragrance I've ever tested, notes are simple and very clean. It's perfect for spring and summer.

guest_belissima
guest_belissima

i tried this scent.it,s marvelous.i,m a fan of yr perfumes.ciao

archangel
archangel

Very tender and nice. Pefect for spring days. When paired with the lotion it's really good.

katyas
katyas

I love the Yves Rocher Mimosa line - very sweet and flowery. Because these particular items are just body sprays, though, the scent won't last all day unless you layer - i.e., shower gel, lotion AND body spray.

rieuse
rieuse

This one reminds me of a green forest. It has no staying power but the scent is pleasant and refreshing. It's a nice fragrance suitable for office wear.

Lubaska
Lubaska

i ve chosen this one from YR Pur Desir as it was so close to genuin herbal scents which i like. Calming, suitable for spring time, real, making happines and relax.

vertigo
vertigo

very feminine.
and fluffy - like the balls of mimosa blossom :)

green but not sharp in the beginning, then floral but still light ... a perfect spring scent!

Pur Desir de Mimosa by Yves Rocher 3.79 out of 5 based on 178 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Mimosa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Mimosa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pur Desir de Mimosa by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pur Desir de Mimosa by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.