Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Rose Ispahan Yves Rocher for women

Rose Ispahan Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Launched by Yves Rocher, Rose Ispahan is an unusual oriental floral and spicy fragrance. Besides the main notes of rose and vanilla, it also features mimosa, spices, clove, amber, patchouli and vetiver.

Available in a 75 ml bottle.

Vanille Rose Mimosa Spices Clove Amber Patchouli

Pousierre de Rose
Rajasthan
Rose Jam
Rose Praline

Rose Ispahan Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

Amazing review from Jitterbug Perfume Lover, just as always, but here I can hardly add anything, your desription is perfect. Candied mimose and patchouli around beautiful rose is exactly how it is, plus I love vetiver in this perfume, its like among cute vanillic surroundings you enter into circle of those candied patchouli and deep down the velvety Rose iself sits on a Vetivery throne which makes her dusty dry rose.Perfume for Alice In Wonderland

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan vintage EDT
This perfume is an artistic interpretation of an Iranian dessert of the same name. Rose Ispahan was a dessert created in the 1700s. The dessert is layers of rose, raspberries and candied lychee sandwiched between 2 macaroons. The rose featured in Rose Ispahan – in both the dessert and in the perfume is a rose from Iran of the same name. 'Ispahan', also known as 'Pompon des Princes', is a clear pink, half-open kind of Damask rose (an early type, introduced from the Middle East in European breeding during the crusading 13th century) according to Wikipedia.

This perfume opens very loudly, but like a burst of joy. Rather than raspberries, it opens like a pure rose absolute, covered in a bright, sugary mimosa and amber. The mimosa is candied and smells almost exactly like loquat jelly. This initial opening lasts about 1 hour and then the heart comes forward. The rose and loquat jelly is still very pronounced, but it softens just a bit and I get what I initially thought was white chocolate, but now, because of the recipe, it must be a fluffy vanilla note which was supposed to represent the almond macaroon. The drydown is a very softened rose/vanilla/amber with just a touch of spice and a candied patchouli. This is really the nicest, sweetest patchouli I’ve ever smelled. Honestly, it’s so complex and well blended, it’s hard to pick out notes. The only draw back is that the entire experience only lasts 2 hours. I know I will search out a bottle of the pure parfum.

I am adding this to my top 5 favorite roses, and it would be in the running for my list of top 5 gourmands of all time. The rose notes and the mimosa notes are perfect, but the fact that it’s all candied makes this even better!

Hollie

Celebrity89 was right when she said that Cherry Vanilla smells almost exactly like Rose Ispahan...in fact...I love reading her reviews because she always has very good comparisons! I have both perfumes and side by side they are extremely similar. I've already given my review on Rose Ispahan a while back....still have it too if someone is into a U.S. trade.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This is a unique, sweet vanilla/rose oriental combo. Very gourmand and edible. It reminds me of Hanae Mori infused with rose/strawberry steroids, but settling softer. It also reminds me of a strawberry shortcake dolls from the 80's, not only because I envision this being how strawberry shortcake smells, but also the soft plastic scent of the doll is evident within it too. Creamy, vanilla scented rose with an amber infusion spicy powder aura. Could be my new comfort scent, because I am reminded of children's dolls and comforting blankets when I put this on...My only critique though is that the lasting power could be better.

Hollie

I have a 2.5oz bottle (about 85% full) that may be vintage ( the juice is golden in color and the writing is printed on the bottom of the bottle instead of a sticker) It's up for trade if anyone is interested.

So..although I'm willing to trade I still think this is a beautiful scent. Like an above reviewer mentioned, it does smell like Loukouhm.....(Turkish Delight!) It has that rich,rosy, jellied sweetness that feels coated in soft, white powdered sugar. There's a note in there that makes me a little uncomfortable and that's why it's not a "love" for me....I think it's the Mimose. Other perfumes I have with Mimose give me that same trouble...it's a sort of "scratchy" sweetness...for lack of better description. If there was a bit of woodiness and it was heavier on the amber and clove, I think it could be love. I know how hard it is to find these days and how expensive it can be too so I think I'd prefer it to live with someone who really, really loved it.....could it be you?

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I think to say that this smells like Gloria from Cacharel is a stretch... a really big stretch. I love both and find them hardly anything alike, maybe they both share some powderiness and sweetness levels.or perhaps the same kind of feel.. but they are acytually very different. I cant believe how many are claiming they are similar... test before you buy

Gloria Cacharel is a vanilla perfume very heavy on the ameretto/ almond caramel, with a hint of rose, and Rose Ispahan is definently a rose perfume with hints of vanilla, patchouli...etc...

I wouldn't say that one is better than the, other I thin they contain equal greatness, just in different ways... rose ispahan is an ol' school loukouhm rose perfume and Gloria is a very modern vanilla perfume. period, pretty simpLE...they both have great longevity but the vintage (even though it's ed, formula) Rose ISpahan lasts even longer, I get a full 12 plus hours. oooh and I swear I smell a touch of oud, but so little that even oud avoiders shouldn't mind it at all :)

and btw.. R.I. has quality that far surpasses any modern loukouhm type perfume that I've ever used,,,which includes the infamous keiko mecheri's loukhoum. Now mecheri's du soir actually is m favorite, it's not as sweet and only slightly powdery....I find the others, the original and the 'poudre' to be much softer but closer to R.I.. RI, is a POWERPOWDERHOUSE :P

And I wanted to mention that R.I. when first sprayed is a little scary, but if you give it a few minutes it transforms. I think possibly it's the oud that I'm smelling upon initial spritz, but as I mentioned the oud is actually very light in this perfume and that's the only time you'll really be able to pick it out, is those first few minutes.... then it turns into pure loukouhm goodness

oh, and spice levels are very low, and the patchouli is nothing like what's in dior's midnight poison.. this is very light almost edible, prety patchouli, not loud at all

celebrity89
celebrity89

If you cannot find this anywhere, I think Cherry Vanilla by Parfume di Vanille is very close. You can find it at WalMart.

Moonclaw
Moonclaw

Just had an order with this in it arrive from the Netherlands. I tried the Rose Ispahan first out of my three buys, and I must say I love this fragrance. Yes, the vanilla is there to start but the drydown of the rose and mimosa is just lovely! I've had it on for 8 hours now and am just starting to get the grassy vetiver of the base. This is a lovely lovely scent, complex, sweet at times, spicy at others. I'm moving this one up to one of my favourites!

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

One of the most beautiful orientals, in my opinion.

Yes, rose and vanilla, but also so much more. The notes above give a hint to the subtlety and complexity of this fragrance.

Longevity is great too.

A masterpiece.

opa
opa

Delicious, comforting,very well balanced with a decent lasting power - loving this one!

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Soft vanilla, warm spices and the right amount of roses that didn't make this scent too floral or too sweet, nor over powering. Lovely bottle. I remember the scent lasting ages.

Kysyona
Kysyona

The crown of Yves Rocher's creations together with the regular vintage ISPAHAN. I sniffed it in a newly opened YR shop in Belarus about a decade ago, just when we started to embrace all things western businesswise, and I dreamed, and dreamed, and dreamed for days, months and years of owning it and to be able to spray it on an early sunday morning wearing a soft white or pink angora cardigan while drinking hot steaming tea and looking at the runrise through huge wndows overlooking a blossoming garden! I wanted so much to be that happy grownup woman who has it all, and by all I mean Rose Ispahan as nr. 1 on the list! more than 10 years later - I still don't feel grownup, but there's a bottle of this perfume in its extrait version sitting on my dresser, and I start learning to embrace life the way I thought I would have at this age: I am learning to feel content and search for happiness from inside, rather than looking for a source of it elsewhere, and Rose ispahan is just the best catalyzer for the process! The only true "rose" rose fragrance - pure rose scent, unspoiled by any oher competing florals (if they are there - they don't intefere) with a hint of musk and white chocolate or white rum or something. I hadn't smelled enything similar before and I haven't found anything comparable after: it is indeed very unique, extremely feminine, strong and yet not overpowering and so oh so soft!!! It is like a halo that floats around. I am in love with it and have been for many years. Hunting down every pure perfume bottle I spot on ebay and will never stop wanting more! Even the EDT version is strong enough to last for hours, and the packaging is just so beautiful, especially the matte glass of the bottle! - it actually visulally depicts the scent's auralike qualities! There was a time, when the purpose of creating a scent was producing something SPECIAL, unlike other perfumes, something distinct, something making a woman feel like she's the only one wearing it. And this is that kind. If you get hold of it ( discontinued years ago, so doesn't make a frequent appearance ) - take a chance on it: just for its uniqueness it deserves to be worn at least once in a lifetime.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

I ran out of this wonderful perfume over a year ago and can't find anything I like as well. Ebay is outrageous! I have spent a small fortune looking for something I like as well and nothing comes close! I miss this scent so much it makes me sad thinking about it. to me, it was subtle and intoxicating even after wearing it over a year. Why it is no longer being made, is a crime. why are all the wonderful scents discontinued and tacky stinky ones replacing them? I suppose after wearing something for a really long time, it becomes part of you and it really hurts when its all gone, like a lover who has left for ever. I still miss it!

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Oh, how can I put this in words? Rose Ispahan is the scent of an luxurious chocolate-rose praline. Smells nichey+expensive. A work of perfume-art! Sadly hard to find today! Reminds me *A LOT* of Les Parfums de Rosine "Rose Praline". BUT Rose Ispahan smells even better - How is that even possible? Amazing Amzing Rose Ispahan!

AND! Look at this gorgeous golden bottle. Isn't that a beauty in any perfume-collection? I have 2 bottles. If I stumble upon a 3'rd or 4'th, I will get it - because I want & need this in my life! LOVE!

nelle2
nelle2

I used to like this one, 10 years ago,but at that time i really liked,heavy sweet,vanille rose fragrances. Exactly what's this scent is all about. I still got a bottle of it, but now it's way to sweet for me. i don't like the vanilla in it,I'm more into musk,or classic perfumes these day's

distortech
distortech

Absolutely stunning! Hands down my favourite fragrance from Yves Rocher. This needs to be brought back exactly as it was.

anjusha
anjusha

I had it long time ago, and it was my signature perfume. I simply loved it. But now, my taste has changed and I don't think I could wear it again. It is simply to strong and sweet and oriental for me now.

Juma
Juma

Deep vanilla with powdery rose on my skin. A bit amber, so I can stand it.

I would expect better longevity and sillage.

spudchick
spudchick

I miss this fragrance, but fortunately it seems that unopened packages stay stable for a long time (unlike some others, like YR's Ode de Joie which I also miss terribly). I opened a new bottle purchased recently on eBay and am getting as many compliments on it as I did back when Yves Rocher was still selling it. It's very feminine but with a richness and sensual gravity to it. Am trying to work up a similar fragrance from essential oils.

When Yves Rocher switched over from father to son, the fragrances really went downhill and many favorites were immediately discontinued. None of their more recent fragrances really do it for me, and I don't get compliments on them either. Very sad, as for years they were my secret weapon.

missveronica9
missveronica9

Despite the name and bottle shape, I don't smell any connection between this and the original Ispahan. It's not a terrible scent, but to me it smells just like red cordial! If I squint my nose I can think of it as a rosy vanilla smell - but the association with cordial is just too strong :-( The scent stays that way over time, too. So glad I just bought a mini!

Allinug
Allinug

I got this perfume yesterday and I'm beginning to love it. It smells so wonderful of creamy roses that wraps around me and make me feel so good.

It's a beautiful rose perfume, creamy and soft.

Lucifera, the strength of this perfume is enormous. It has a real killer sillage and staying power!

katyas
katyas

I adore this fragrance! It has the most unusual scent! While it is true that sometimes the rose can appear to end up lost underneath the other scents at first, if you are patient the rose slowly wends its way up and out and you will start to notice it now and then, peeking out. It's not really a "rose" fragrance, despite having rose in the title - or at least, that is what I've discovered; yet roses are indeed growing in that garden. To me, this is a desert garden, the flowers growing there hardy and not given to ostentation, saving their energy for staying alive rather than flaunting themselves with strong scents - so the spices of the desert rise in the wind, and underneath that, we get the hints of flowers sneaking in. I can't think of any other way to explain it! It's a pity it isn't available anymore ... unless you can find someone who had the sense to stockpile some and is now selling the little bottles on eBay for %40 or something :-)

*sophi*
*sophi*

This Rose is definitely one warm sweet deep spiced oriental vanilla masterpiece !!!Wearing this travels me to the desert ..red rocks and beige warm sand !I get the image of Petra's Palace in Jordan!
This perfume is my best of rose !
The "desert rose"!!!I LOVE it!

Sissi
Sissi

I'v got this from a swap from the Lovely
c3c but it wasn't what i expected i
thought it was going to be a a sharp
daring scent but i'v got is a tame
scent of cloying vanilla
i don't smell any evdidence of rose or
spices and i can detect cherries like
cherry cough syrup it does smell like
cherry cough syrup. i ponder that should
i swap it or not because it's hard to find but i'm not crazy about it's scent
i don't hate it but i'ts nothing to go
ooooooooh ahhhhhhhh about i have to think this over.

lucifera
lucifera

yumm i used to have a mini of this and some test tissue or so..very nice perfume just cant remember the strength
anybody else does?
can't believe they dare to sell it for such an expensive price on ebay!

Rose Ispahan by Yves Rocher 4.12 out of 5 based on 128 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose Ispahan by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose Ispahan by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.