Designers » T-Z » Aromatic « Groups

Samarkande Yves Rocher for men

Samarkande Yves Rocher for men

Yves Rocher Samarkande consists of basil, lavender, geranium, ginger, patchouli and cedar. Available as EDT. Samarkande was launched during the 1990's.

Lavender Geranium Patchouli Virginia Cedar Ginger Basil

Samarkande Fragrance Reviews

OMGoodness how the world changes...this is my first Y.Rocher review, because 20yrs ago to my mother + me YR meant ONLY EXCELLENT nightcreams, certainly NOT 'real' perfumes, having still all the 'good ones'like Coco/MissDior ecc that the perfume-world has turned 180degree and we search for every LEFT recepient of THOSE years...she gave me today a orange/brown box with gorgeously designed 100ml splash-bottle in 70s-style but dating fr early 90s( or late 80s )with 'upper-elbow' of copper, cool dark-brown cap and smokey-yellow glass-bottle in flat rectangular 'pocket'-shape, anatomicly curved ....
Inside: a very strong juice ( EDT of 100ml is 80 left ) that she used as a curtain/old closet refresher.
Don't think the above notes are complete or appliable to original version because for start, this stuff is SO strong and rich that I suspect a good amount of oakmoss but also a few notes like amber/musk. It's very 'warm', the lavendel/basil is well depictable in aromatic start that calms down and develops later in a gloomy/warm kind of POWERBOMB, so I'll name it a ' western oriental fougere'. Wouldn't surprise me if containing also a modest leather/civet note. I've great trouble detecting leather in modern scents, but usually I'm not so bad at noticing it in the 'oldies'.
Unfortunately my experience with male-scents is too limited to come up with 'reminders of..'... only stating that it's VERY longlasting with modest/strong-sillage and it 'might' be suitable to those searching a semy-oriental-lavendel 'beast-mode'.Once finished the juice, the gorgeous bottle will hold my own 'try-outs', unless before that happens it would end up under a male nose in search for this.
If having interest/ questions you can pm-me. 10/10. For a YR ....

Same vintage in orange-brown box on EBay $ 74,- - $ 150,- just checked.

My dad had a bottle of Samarkand After-Shave in his medicine cabinet and was kind enough to give it to me when I was visiting this weekend. The bottle is half-full and at least 20 years old. I recall him having it when I still lived in New Orleans. Honestly, this smells like a sexy Crayola crayon. It has a waxy, dry quality. It reminds me of a niche scent with a clever name. I have to wonder if I'm smelling anything remotely like this did when new. It is just that weird. But as all the other bottles my parents gave me this weekend smell much as I remember them, including a 50 year-old bottle of Chanel No.5, I'm thinking Samarkande was just an unusual after-shave.

I found a similar, Azzaro pour HOMME the classic, thank you again @action .

Samarkande is to me a simpler version of Jazz, missing santal and coriander. Very natural. I love Jazz and I love this.

OMG! If this is still the original composition, then this is the mother of my entire fragrance collection! This was one of my very first fragrances in the late 80ies and it reminds me of ripe summer, when the wheat and other grains were harvested and you have this aromatic, warm air around full of summer fragrant potency. Warm woods, rosemary, lavender, roses, fresh cut grass, oranges, lemons, bergamot....I loved it and everyone was commenting on it.

A very natural scent.

A very manly aromatic from one of my very favorite houses. The only bad thing I can say about YR is (besides being quite expensive lately) they discontinue their fragrances far too quickly. I have a large collection and seldom if ever buy 'backups' as I'm afraid they will go bad on me. This wonderful juice was released in 2000 and already gone by the time I found YR in 2005, such a shame!

*Thank you very much Action, for this stunning manscent!*

This begins warm and herbal and at first, I had to let it dry down some, as it was very intense. The ginger adds a juicy heat to this and the mint makes it so very fresh and the two together are divine! The masculine florals of geranium and lavender are dry and sharp, yet very sexy. The patchouli and cedar base is woody and earthy with a very clean and slightly oriental, very sensual feel. I remarked at first that this should have been an aromatic fougere, but on seeing it through realised that it is not green enough and is, as I have said, very aromatic. This scent is warm, rugged, dry, strong and sexy-something YR should think about recreating these days...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: decent
Overall: 4/5

If anyone has one of these discontinued gems available, please contact me, and we'll barter!!

I used to live in the upper Sonoran desert and there is something in here that reminds me of that wonderful place: the warm air, the mountain woods, the spicy flowers...the Dry Heat and utter earthiness of the whole region is summed up so eloquently here. A real classic...

Samarkande by Yves Rocher 4.47 out of 5 based on 23 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Samarkande fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Samarkande, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Samarkande by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Samarkande by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.