Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Shafali Fleur Rare Yves Rocher for women

Shafali Fleur Rare Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Shafali Fleur Rare is an oriental fragrance. Top notes are citrusy, fresh and floral. The heart is filled with white flowers such as jasmine, while the base is dominated by vanilla.

Citruses Floral Notes

Charlie Gold

Shafali Fleur Rare Fragrance Reviews

Soie
Soie

Oh my, this was a gift to me from my mother years ago, which I tried once or twice and then just stashed it, and forgot about it.

A 2 ounce bottle of this is going for more than $100! Anyway, I think I'll hold onto mine for a while.

It does remind me of other fragrances; perhaps Classique and/or Alien, two fragrances of which I have tested and/or owned in the past. It is also reminiscent of Gucci Accenti: both have an balsamic aspect; are powdery; and feature citrus, white florals (I detect lots of orange blossom in this), and a note of vanilla. Shafali Fleur Rare, however, is softer and more understated than the richly vivid and mildly spicy Gucci Accenti.

After its resinous opening has mellowed out a bit, I find Shafali Fleur Rare to be soft and calm and comforting -- a fragrance quality I especially enjoy when feeling overly stressed.

Tamsey
Tamsey

one of the best Yves Rocher ever made... sweet warm scent

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Yummy, similiar to JPG classique but not the same.. A beautiful floiental, lots of vanilla & white florals.

Good sillage, short 3-4 hour longevity on me.

Lots of these on ebay, both the red & yellow cap verisions are listed as edt, so I have no idea why the different colors..

------- edit 11/10/13 (2 months later)

I now have a mini with the red cap and a full bottle with the yellow (both splash on)... They both seem to be the same strength and have the same lasting time so I dont really think the cap color makes any difference.

finanna
finanna

Definitely my favourite YR. If it was more long-lasting, it would be in my top-ten. I agree with the previous reviewers, it has some similarities with JPG classique (sweet vanillic floriental) but what I really love is the slightly bitter narcissus-like whiff in the opening.

The opening is very strong but it quickly settles down to an arms-length radius sweet floriental cloud with a hint of honey or pollen. Warm and gorgeous but sadly gone in 1.5 h :( (I had the yellow-cap version).

sistermoon
sistermoon

Shafali is a beautiful floriental with white flowers/neroli and balmy notes. There is also a perfect combination of vanilla and citrus. It reminds me of JPG Classique because it combines bitter with sweet and has a bit of that makeup-y smell.

I remember seeing the beautiful bottle of Shafali in a YR catalogue ages ago, but I was in highschool then and too poor to order it for myself. I was always so intrigued by the shape of bottle, golden orange juice inside and the oriental sounding mysterious name. I won two bottles of Shafali on ebay, after it was discontinued and it was an instant love.

YR produced so many classics and this is one of them. This is how it's supposed to be done. Lovers of vintage fragrance, grab this one if you see it!

Moonclaw
Moonclaw

Got this as a little mini set (2 bottles 7.5 ml, one with a red cap, the other a yellow cap), the one with the yellow cap was strongest, so am assuming it was the EDP, the red cap lasted a a much shorter time and was I assume the EDT. Both were lovely, but the staying power and subtlety of the stronger formulation was very very nice. Never a big fan of jasmine (though not disliking it), I quite noticed it here but it was pleasingly blended with other scents. This one is "different" in the best sense of the word, will definitely wear this again.

To the reviewer below, I found these two (along with Ming Shu) in a set on eBay for $9.99, they were all 7.5 ml and I thought that was a real steal. Keep looking, I'm sure you kind find another deal. I'd buy this one again for sure!

Jacobi

I was lucky to find this one. Some person has swapped it with me for a bottle of vanille noir.
This one is hard to find or expensive at Ebay . Yes indeed it has the same notes as JPG classic. The asked my if I was using JPG and it was Shafali that I was wearing.
I wish I had a time machine then I go back to the time Yves Rocher had this one in the collection. In that time the give it often as a present at a ordering for free!

Jacobi

Is there a difference between the parfum with the red ore yellow cap of the parfum bottle?

rasia
rasia

I went to visit my mother last week. I like to raid other people's bathroom cabinets (I think everyone does it!) and as a result of my little exploration I found this gem sitting on the top shelf. Shafali is very lovely, calming, feminine and somehow even cozy. I dabbed it on my neck (yes, no atomizer but an old-fashioned dabber/stopper) and wrists and headed to a night out in a rock club. I got so many compliments and all the metal heads wanted to know what I was wearing. :D I didn't even bother to tell the brand or name of the scent, I just answered "never you mind, you can't find it on stores anymore".
Which brings me again to the question: Why does it always happen to me? The same old story: Whenever I find something I really like they are always discontinued or somehow hard/impossible to obtain. NO FAIR! :D

menka
menka

When I was 20 I wanted to buy it. I did it. I found it was rich, warm and oriental. Now, I am 30 and I think it is the best for (very) mature women.

Kysyona
Kysyona

This was one of the 1st perfumes I had. Saw/sniffed it once at my best friend's place (her older sister owned it ) and by the late 90s standards in my post-USSR homeland it was something to envy of. Needless to say, I longed for it for years and got my hand on the 1st bottle I could afford. It is very much an afternoon oriental: plentiful amber, a pinch of musk, white floral notes and a hint of vanilla, all held together by woody resin undertones. To my nose it is a rather nice comforting bouquet with a lot of positiveness and sunlight. I can't call it sophisticated or pretentious, it does not impose anything on the wearer and there is nothing here to live up to but your own femininity. I see myself wearing this having a lavish early 5 PM dinner with best friends on a summer day on a balcony or in the garden with a lot of bubbly and loud laughter ( since the former is always the source of the latter :) ). I like this feel-good and sensual feminine scent and will make sure to always have a bottle in stock to wear it for a girls' night in. I also find it original: compareable - perhaps, but it could not be mistaken for anything else as far as my nose is concerned.:)

natural
natural

I recently bought a bottle online... it is as beautiful as I remember it from my childhood! I love it so much, it is such a wonderful powdery - oriental scent!

annetw
annetw

One of my first perfumes, I had the solid / cream version in a little tin (looked a bit like lipbalm). I took it with me everywhere I went! Re-application was almost addictive ;)

I was pretty young back then (12?) but Shafali woke up my love for orientals!

Friends kept wearing airy, blue, easygoing scents all the way through high school and for a while I tried to stick with those as well.. But Shafali and my mom's oriental / musky scents kept beckoning :)

Barbarasvc
Barbarasvc

BEAUTIFUL PARFUME, THOUGH NOT IDEAL FOR SUMMER DAYS `CAUSE IT`S A BIT HEAVY, BUT ON MY TOP TEN LIST DEFINITELY!!!

Agnes Cross
Agnes Cross

My favorite

tschiepchen

Yves Rocher have struck gold when they launched this fragrance!

Shafali EDP is a wonderful floriental fragrance that takes a few moments to settle - the initial citrus blast is quite strong - but then it is plain magic.
The most beautiful jasmine, some soft, gentle and feminine flowers and deep and cosy resinous notes that give Shafali its oriental feel.

I am saying this as an Alien lover:
I see why it is compared to Alien, but Shafali is so much more refined and sensual; it is really enchanting!

The flowers and resins are blended in the most perfect manner; this virtuoso composition is divine, round, full, seriously intoxicating and addictive!

Shafali creates a fabulous scent cloud (as if stars fluttered around you) and leaves a sensual and dreamy trail (like the most beautiful melody that has yet to be composed).

The lasting power is impressive; Shafali last easily 12+ hours on skin and forever on clothes.

Although Shafali is not in my top 5 fragrances, I think it is one of the best fragrances ever and cannot mourn it enough.
11 stars for this discontinued masterpiece.

cmoca
cmoca

Classy, feminine, warm, oriental... Very long lasting.
My first perfume when I was ..12 or 13. Loved it then, love it now. I just wish it had a spray nozzle! :)

To me it smells very similar to Samsara.

paleface
paleface

Shafali starts with citruses, but after some minutes they are gone and flowers present themselves. First I notice a pastel-coloured bouquet but very soon white flowers, jasmine as a star actress, come to the stage. They are perfect together! Even jasmine have patience to hear what others have to say. It's a good play with beautiful thoughts, right sentences at right time. There is no shouting, the audience is seduced by alluring, heart-catching talk, even whispers. Oh, but quite too soon actresses, one by one, disappear from the stage! At the third act there comes a hero, a sensitive handsome man, perhaps an artist, and has an love-affair with jasmine - before this unforgettable lady dies. The hero - resin with vanilla - grieves quietly but also accepts his fate: living rest of the life alone, recollecting irreplaceable memories from the past... calming down, being content with what is left... The End. Curtain. Applause.

This is a play you are ready to see again and again until you remember even the tones of the voices and expressions of the faces.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

I always thought Yves Rocher made great fragrances. I'm sorry they discontinued this one. Feminine and floral without smelling like shampoo or relying on baby powder or candy notes. And how adorable is the bottle? There is something fun about the old fashioned stopper instead of a spray.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

People are comparing this to both Alien and JPG Classique, and I can kind of see where they're coming from. It's like the perfume makers took the best of both perfumes and blended them into one.

Whereas the intense white florals of Alien make me sick, and Classique can be a little cloying at times, Shafali strikes a balance between the two while simultaneously reminding me of Chanel no. 5 in a very lovely way.

Ladylike but not "old lady" - I adore this fragrance.

wingz85
wingz85

I think I got this perfume from a friend years ago and back then, I hated it so much I was thinking of giving it away. A few days ago, though, I found this perfume a the very back of my closet and I'm very surprised to found that I actually quite like it. Its still a little bit too strong and woody for me (wouldn't wear it in daytime) but still quite nice.

meret
meret

Used to wear it in my early twenties when I was crazy about oriental scents; think I was in constant craving for warmth and comfort. :) But I'm still wondering how I could get away with it since it's very-very strong and sweet. Beautiful though.

Lilii

I bought the eau de toilette recently and I wanna say for people that consider buying it: The Eau de toilette is very different from Eau de perfume. I smelled the perfume before and fell in love with it :) but the eau de toilette rather disappointed me. It seems like 1,2 drops of shafali in to a bottle of water. Though it is very longlasting like the perfume but it smells very soapy and oldish with a hint of real perfume. Still I think it smell good but nothing like what I had expected when I bought it. So if you consider buying this do your best to buy the Eau de perfume.

lapurrla
lapurrla

I loved the opening minute of this fragrance but after that my cat Nikky decided, for the first time in his life, to wash me, and to get rid of that funky smell. It was like he was saying "Linda, I love you, I really do, but you need an intervention because but you stink and now I must fix you". Sadly he was right, it wasn't for me. Now I have two large minis as pictured above and I feel bad for those of you who love it as I just can't love it.

If you are missing Shafali, have a look at Isabel Derroisne (house of Yves Rocher): "Pour L'Amour de L'Inde". To me those two scents seem identical.

dadulka82
dadulka82

long lasting, warm
strong flowery fragrance, nice
classy

Cocacolapeachgirl
Cocacolapeachgirl

I always got nice compliments whenever I wore this scent. People wanted to know where I got this and I told them It's french. I adored the way it smelt on me, very soft, excotic, not overshadowing me, which I have asthma and cannot wear more heady perfumes. A perfect scent that lasts.

PerfumeKeeper
PerfumeKeeper

Because I totally agree with Action ( men and women complement this perfume when you're wearing it) I really feel for you tschiepchen:( ... because just like you, all I have left is the bottom of a 60ml and it's breaking my heart. Mainly because I remember how really inexpensive it was for such an adorable and good quality fragrance.

Ameeba, you are so right!!! This is a wonderful white flower perfume in the manner of Alien, with dominant Jasmin!

Lilii

This stuff is very pure and long lasting, I am in love with it, it is all I want from a perfume, I want to buy a huge bottle of this.

ameeba
ameeba

This reminds me of Alien EdT, or rather Alien reminds me of this! It took me two days to figure out why the scent of Alien was so familiar and this fume from ten (or more?) years back is the culprit!

guest_Lili
guest_Lili

I recently bought several vintages from yves rocher perfumes I cannot wait to recieve them.wait for my review :)

tschiepchen

I still have a tiny rest of a 50ml dab-on bottle and I intend it to use it this autumn before it goes off.
The scent is very feminine and more suitable for the colder months.
I always found it too heavy for summer because of the floral notes and the warm base notes.
It definitely is a classic.
Even my mum loved it.

guest_moi
guest_moi

Shafali is like a softer, more pleasant JP Gaultier Classique. I'm detecting spicy neroli note, softened by non-sticky vanilla and something gorgeously resinous and addictive in the dry down. Beautiful floriental gem and perfect comfort scent for autumn. No longer in production but can be found on ebay.

If you are lucky to find this one, grab it while you can. This is for me one of the most sophisticated perfumes ever made. It is long lasting, not in your face, warm and sunny without being overwhelming, soft but strong, just like a lot of Yves Rocher vintages, it keeps balance like few perfumes can.
Grab it when you see it!!

lucifera
lucifera

i liked shafali too! its kinda powdry floralfruity xD very nice too bad i didnt bought it!

WONDERFUL perfume!!!!!! GREAT Yves Rocher vintage, absolute must have!!!

Shafali Fleur Rare by Yves Rocher 3.81 out of 5 based on 196 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher Shafali Fleur Rare fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher Shafali Fleur Rare, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shafali Fleur Rare by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shafali Fleur Rare by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.