Designers » T-Z » « Groups

So Elixir Yves Rocher for women

So Elixir Yves Rocher for women
dislike

So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Yves Rocher for women Pictures

Yves Rocher introduces its new fragrance So Elixir, dedicated to a successful, self – conscious, mature and sophisticated woman. So Elixir is composed by three famous noses: Olivier Cresp, Marie Salamagne and Jacques Cavallier.

This composition is concentrated on the notes of white flowers laid upon a woody base. It includes aromas of bergamot, Damask rose, jasmine, incense extract, patchouli essence and Tonka bean.

So Elixir will be available as 50 ml EDP, along with 200 ml body milk and bath and 100 ml perfumed deodorant.

YR So Elixir will be launched on market in September 2009.

Bergamot Jasmine Rose Patchouli Incense Tonka Bean

So Elixir Eau de Parfum
Coco Mademoiselle Eau de toilette
Little Gold Dress
Oriens

So Elixir Fragrance Reviews

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

A good quality jasmine perfume. Jasmine can often give off a waxy fume in modern perfumes but in So Elixir rose keeps the jasmine under wraps. (Please keep in mind I'm not crazy for jasmine. I'm crazier for other whites, like peony and lily of the valley.)

To chime in with everyone else: sure, I get Coco Mademoiselle on the dry down. However, Coco M. is overrated and So Elixir is more pleasant. I'm not surprised at the harmonious composition of So Elixir; as a brand I'm getting to know Yves Rocher as temperate, pleasing and linear.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I adore this perfume.I just received it as a gift for Easter! I think it's very rich-smelling and perfect any season of the year. It reminds me a lot of Chanel Mademoiselle but at a difference of the cost.Good for casual events, like lunch and coffee with my friends but probably perfect for "dressy" evenings!

plutodagirl
plutodagirl

If I would have to down scale my massive perfume collection to only one perfume, THIS would be the one I would choose to keep. To me, this smells sophisticated, sensual, elegant, but yet... erotic. Very long lasting also... I can still get whiffs of it the next day, even after showering. It opens up with this beautiful, soft, white flower note, I'm assuming the jasmine (but I swear I smell a bit of tuberose in this), along with an earthy and musky incense note. On me, the drydown smells exactly like the first initial spray, only softer and a tad bit more woody. When I wear this, I feel sexy, playful, flirty, and frisky!

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

I agree with hintay below. To me, this is more similar to Chance by Chanel. I have Coco Mademoiselle and Chance and they are similar but only in the dry down beings they have 6 notes in common. The difference is the rose and the sweet or sharp citruses between the two Chanels.

In this, the small amount of rose blended in this replaces the pink pepper note that is in Chance. The sweet incense note in this gives the olfactory illusion of the iris, hyacinth, and amber/vanillic notes in Chance. Tonka bean replaces the vetiver and the bergamot replaces the lemon and pineapple (the rest of the sweetness of pineapple is picked up by the sweet incense note). That leaves the jasmine coming to the forefront in this just like in Chance.

This lasts about 4 hours on the skin and best in cooler weather. Sillage is decent, but not overpowering.

ecerusen
ecerusen

it is very similar with belle d'opium by ysl with cheaper price :) if we think about the belle dopiums' poor longevity and sillage, this is the best replica for me :)

lauraworld
lauraworld

I just got a whole bottle of this perfume as a gift and I can not understand why everybody likes it so much. It's one of those headache scents..Sprayed it in my hair by accident yesterday and it still smells awful. Well, one of the good things is that the scent doesn't wear off that easily. Anyway, I don't like it that much. Too strong and balsamic.

CozyCat
CozyCat

It's compared to Coco Madmoiselle, but I prefer So Elixir a WHOLE lot more, I think this scent has more personality and is less uptight, warmer and more sensual than CM, and surprisingly for its price it also smells more opulent (maybe it's because CM is worn by everyone else). Also this is smoother and less heavy on the white-floral notes, more balmy, no sharp citrus like in CM, and no musk...just replace those notes with rose and incense and you get So Elixir. I love So Elixir, but CM is a plain old 'meh' bordering on dislike to me (not to mention it can be sharp and headache inducing). Very good sillage, not too strong nor too light. Longevity is the one and only factor that makes it inferior to CM, around 7 hours on my skin, not too bad I suppose.
I would purchase and wear with joy, it is 'Top 5' material for me, but it is also my sister's signature...in the event that she gets sick of it (doubt she would, it is so beautiful), I would surely get a bottle :p

megkaybeee
megkaybeee

this smells like Dior Cherie, Narciso R., and Coco mademoiselle to me. Pretty scent!

Lali_7
Lali_7

I blind bought it and I so regret I had not read the reviews before the purchase, cause it so does smell like Coco... I cannot wear this kind of scents, they make me uncomfortable. The opening is very strong, it settles after a while. Can't talk much about the notes cause I don't know what I'm smelling. The image I get is an older sharp dressed woman, lots of makeup, gold an pearls, and not easily approachable. Not a modern scent. Just a no-no to me.

Not impressive floral fragrance. It smells something like jasmine more. So Elixir Purple is much more impressive.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

Oh.. Strange. I think it's a beautifully composed fragrance, but I can't really like it. It does remind me of the "bath and body works" smells or the kind. To me it's reminiscent of bath oil too. So, objectively, I can say its a "good perfume" I just can't seem to like it. I'm curious about the "purple" version.

clancyann
clancyann

Instant love. I knew I'd love it given its similarity to Coco M. I thought too that it bore a resemblance to Perry Ellis Love, which I also adore, but interestingly enough, my husband complimented me on So Elixir, but he doesn't care for PE Love (or really any other perfume -- this one and Miami Glow are the only ones he seems to like!). Go figure. On my skin this is gorgeous, sleek, elegant patchouli. I could swear I smell some caramel in it too, but I guess that must be the tonka bean.

hintay
hintay

its good , elegant,smell expensive and I think its very similar to Chanel Chance eau de parfum.CoCo mademoiselle I dont have so I cant compare .

I dont have it but im sure I will buy

pastelkitten
pastelkitten

It's a perfume I got as a present not too long ago - I love the smell of it a lot because it's not too heavy and it does smell cozy, I will love using it this Fall season

Daniela_A
Daniela_A

I hate sweet perfumes and i love So elixir, so i don't find this perfume sweet at all. This is the opulent perfume of a refined and sophisticated woman. Use it with moderation, it is a strong and log lasting perfume.

lollsazz
lollsazz

Quite a mature and serious scent. I was positively surprised with this - it's very well composed. A complex floriental. Very long lasting. It deserves to be tested :) Just don't over-apply! If you liked this on, you might also want to check out the purple version.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Happily I am testing this rather than having bought a bottle, because it's not the one for me. (And that of course is what's so great about testing!) It's a very well composed fragrance, with good lonevity. However, the reviewers who have likened it to Coco Mademoiselle are right in my view.

And there's a note in C.M. that is also present here, which really disagrees with me. Same with Suddenly Madame Glamour. I wish I knew what it was!

As with Comme Une Evidence I think this is a very good fragrance at a very good price, and I can understand why so many people like both, but they are not my style.

magickmaven
magickmaven

Maybe it's because of the humidity hanging about here lately and all the pollen but I can't smell anything but SWEET in this perfume. Really sweet. There's no nuance, no seperate notes... Only sweet. And a syrupy sweet at that. I shall try this again in the drier season of this summer perhaps as all of the notes in this fragrance indicate that I would like it. And while many YR 'fumes don't last long on me, I've never had a bad reaction with body chemistry. Besides, even a sniff from the bottle... Just Sweetness.

Juliana6
Juliana6

Gentle, fresh and modern version of chypre. It reminds me Chanel Coco Mademoiselle or Shiseido Zen who have gone to the school and now they know how to behave. :) Bet deep inside I feel the same naughty, sparkling, citrusy- patchouli vibe I like so much. I feel also a hint of rose (and some sweetness of the honey)+ some herbal notes+ some fruity touch. Good for those days you just want to feel careless and free.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Quite wearable. A nice, non-offensive incense-based scent that can go where other, heavier scents can't. I like it and will definitely be getting a larger bottle when my sample is done.

ericrico
ericrico

I only write reviews on Women's fragrances that my wife has that I simply adore (and the world must know about). This is one, and I write this review for the Eau de Parfum of So Elixir.

A few years ago, when I first bought this for my wife from Yves Rocher, it was instant love (and a new release from the house). From looking at the scent pyramid, it could possibly be a man's scent - but 'how' the notes and composition come together is just incredible on my wife's olive skin. I wanted to think this magical "Elixir" - a truly apropos name, was a secret...one that I can share with my wife and no one else. It is one of her most heavily-complimented scents (hands-down!) among her entire collection. It is also one of the most incredibly sensual...heavenly! I like some of the reviews contributed here and wasn't going to write one, but the time has come. Hathor contributes a great review (my wife has a mix of Mediterranean heritage, ironically, and this is very exotic) - as does Aysu and rosembloom. However, to me, it is not like Flowerbomb though. One can compare similar notes, but the balmy warmth and amazing, rich patchouli in here (a note that I adore) is presented rather differently, mainly due to the incense extract and tonka bean (which is so deeply radiant and adds the vanillic sweetness) that is blended beautifully. The Damask rose is gorgeous in the heart and is incorporated perfectly (this is NOT overly floral or balmy - but a very sensual balance of both ). This is a liquid aphrodisiac in a bottle for me! Flowerbomb is, overall, sweeter - and has notes that take it to different places...the radiant Earl Grey tea and orchid interplay differently. The use of jasmine is different too - but a key note in both. I am not putting Flowerbomb down, but enough comparison.

So Elixir is always (hopefully!) going to be in my wife's collection. When I notice her bottle is running low - she gets a surprise from Yves Rocher or I seek out a bottle online immediately. So Elixir is composed by three famous noses: Olivier Cresp, Marie Salamagne and Jacques Cavallier...I greatly admire their work as individuals, so I can say that they did something truly great here, working together. There is a skin chemistry question here that I want to address. I believe my wife's naturally oily, olive skin wears this scent perfectly well - it is a harmonious connection for her. I am not sure it would smell nearly the same on everyone else. That said, I feel that her and I still get something unique and special from this incredible juice...easily one of the most sexually-stimulating scents that could adorn my wife's body.

Gorgeous. A subjective review as this seems to melt into my wife's beautiful skin and create an aura of sensuality...Merci, Yves Rocher. A love-making potion that smells incredible!

branda324
branda324

just so elixir

Adela7
Adela7

instant dislike upon first smell because it's very classic chanel which i don't fancy because i feel it's for old ladies and way too common.
wearing it for a few minutes now, i find a warmth and velvety sweetness to it that i begin to like. i think i am starting to understand it and accept it as a feminine scent, though i will always associate it with mature ladies who stay faithful to their good quality fragrance and don't bother about the trends.

boroboro
boroboro

Smells expensive.I think it suits women aged 25 above. Smells of nice floral and bergamot.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is my first Yves Rocher scent and I really love it. It goes on my skin as a very white floral, heavy jasimine, almost lily like and green in the top notes - I guess that is the patchouli kicking in. Then it melds together with the tonka and woods and gets all warm and utterly delicious. My husband and I both like this one very much. It's a lovely scent for a great price. I am very happy to have discovered the house of Yves Rocher. I will be trying many more of their scents in the future.

I find this to be a much better and more well balanced scent than Flowerbomb. This one wins that contest hands down.

rosembloom
rosembloom

This spicy, luscious scent surprises me so. The incense gives it that cozy feel while the spices and florals render it opulent and sensual. The longevity is awesome and the projection is quite noticeable though discrete. I chose this instead of Flowerbomb because I love it's clean and fresh drydown. It is not as sweet (though I do layer it with sweeter fumes) and is also an alternative to Coco Mademoiselle. I have both F.B. ( mini) and coco mademoiselle and to me , this one is mix of both. I simply adore it during colder months and it suits my personality. Nice as an evening scent for its depth yet light enough to wear during daytime. Props to Yves Rocher for creating such a lovely scent. Interesting that Oliver Cresp is behind it. I do find a similarity to Angel also: perhaps the Patch and the comforting foody tonka bean? Comforting is the word. This gets many compliments from men! Cozy, sensual, classy and timeless . I love it quite simply!

clairest
clairest

Very sweet, especially in the first hour. But pleasant, not heavy. Later it gets softer. Probably good to wear during sex, must try that.

leila_mic
leila_mic

very sexy perfume, even erotic ... I love it and wear it with pleasure

warm, sensual and sexy!!!!

YVES ROCHER - great job again

bad_flo
bad_flo

ah yes! i like it! it's such a warm and pleasant perfume .yves rocher does a gret job,as usually

diaspro42
diaspro42

I find it sensual and elegant... I like so much !! I prefer wearing it in winter.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Patchouli and I usually hate eachother, but in So Elixir it doesn't bother me a bit! My skin (and nose) tends to amp up patchouli, and it's usually very mediciney and loud on me. That's why it surprises me that i can't find anything disturbing or loud in So Elixir. It's just a soft, very smooth, creamy and well- rounded perfume. Sweet but not overly so. Longevity and sillage both great. I can see some resemblance to Coco Madamoiselle, but SE is more casual IMO, and so much easier to wear, never overpowering. Lovely one :)

Bettany87
Bettany87

My very first fragrance from Yves Rocher -- SO ELIXIR. On my skin, this fragrance is a beautiful blend of strong and feminine notes ... warm and spicy.

The initial spray was not my favorite part, I get the patchouli right away and although I do not dislike patchouli, at times it's just too potent. After letting it settle on my skin, it transformed into a sweet and luscious scent that I find so appealing. I get the tonka bean the most on the dry down which is reminiscent of creamy vanilla, I also get some light floral notes.

SO ELIXIR has the depth and complexity I usually find with more expensive fragrances. The longevity is impressive, too.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

So Elixir EDP smells like gooseberry and sweet tobacco (patchouli?). Very sour, not rounded at all.

But the sillage and longevity is very good.

electra7
electra7

This perfume has nothing to do with Diesel's loverdose. They're totally different.
So Elixir is a kind of scent that you want to smell again after trying it once. kind of an addiction.
there's something that possesses you..

SS79
SS79

Tried this today! Smells yummy! When My Flowerbomb is gone, then I'll purchase this! very nice.. not as sticky sweet as FB but just as pretty!

mona18
mona18

so sweet i love it

loonad
loonad

a perfume for when i want to smell spicy-challenges my senses..really love it.will buy another bottle of this.

misteriouswind
misteriouswind

One of my favorite perfumes. Just so classy,stylish,luxurious scent..a little bit of tobacco. Sweet but sour and smoky at the same time. It,s absolutely gorgeous and lasts a lot.

jellybeantree

This perfume rubs me the wrong way! It smells good at first and there is a coco mad resemblance but the patchouli is disturbing to me and it smells very strong! Coco mad is much more refined and the quality is not comparable with this fragrance. It's not bad but its not a love for me.

Mnemsys
Mnemsys

This perfume is just so pretty and feminine! It's only a little bit sharp and spicy, just enough to make it really intriguing! I have to admit, I keep sniffing myself when wearing this. The main note is a rounded patchouly, supported by white flowers. The incense is quite clear too, but not church-like; it deepens the fragrance, and gives it a cloudy, comfortable feel. Sillage and longevity are great, it stays on your skin all day, and I could even smell it on a sweater after one week.
I don't really see the similarities with CM, which is sharp and citrusy, there's nothing controversial in CM, while there is in SE. The patchouli in SE is similar to that in Flowerbomb, although So Elixir is not that sweet and flowery.

sofababe
sofababe

My initial thoughts on So Elixir.

Very similar to Coco mademoiselle at the start but after about 30 minutes its evolved into something softer and sweeter than CM. I would say it reminds me more of Lady Million at that stage, that sweetness, soft and sexy.

I like So Elixir very much so far but I've only had it a few hours, I may be back with further reflections.

I'm happy that I could try this one before buying blind, because I would have been very disappointed.
Many people here say that it smells like Coco Mademoiselle, which it's a total turn off for me as I dislike CM with a passion.
Actually Elixir doesn't smell exactly like CM at all.
I can see a few similaraties with both CM and n.5 but it's similarities we're talking here, not a real sharing.
Elixir starts strong, very strong in your face with a blast of juicy summer white flowers the kind of tiarè, reminding of some sun lotion. Not bad, if you like the kind. It's reminiscent of Lancaster Eau Concentrèe.
Then on my chemistry it becomes sour and dirty smelling and here I see the similarity with CM. There is a cloying, nauseating edge which kept me from buying it.
It's not a bad scent in itself and it's also interesting, even more than the hyped Chanels! If I was forced to choose I would wear this one instead of CM, even if the world seems to praise CM.
Anyway it's not my cup of tea scent. I like strong, intense, feminine scents like this one, but I don't like that nausea-inducing dirty edge.
The sillage is very good and also lasting power is tenacious! Considering the price this is much more kick back for your money.
I only suggest to try before buying, because it may change a lot according to chemistry.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a miniature perfume.

The fragrance brings sweet tea too my mind. There's too much patchouli though making the smell bleached after an hour or more. It's a well done fragrance - thumbs up - I even like it. What stops me from liking it much is the patchouli overdose.

Incense? On me there was a slight shadow.

Flowerbomb-ish but different.

Lasting power - good.
Fragrance: 3,90/5
bottle: 3,5/5

daniiq93
daniiq93

This fragrance really reminds of the new Diesel fragrance, ''Loverdose''!

I do like it, but on my skin, it's no good. It's also a very ''love it, or hate it'' kind of scent.

birdsson
birdsson

First time I smelled it i realised it's mine! It was in february and it was really cold outsude, Elixir could warm me up. And what I love about is Elixir is very strong and i can feel it even next day, then summer started and I realised Elixir smeels TOO much when it's hot and sometimes I could have a headache, so I think it's a very good decision for winter-autumn time, good luck!

aelias
aelias

Do not buy Flowerbomb....this is it for about one-third the price.

bucuriimarunte
bucuriimarunte

For me the resemblance with Chanel Mademoiselle is there, especially regarding the sweet floral notes. However, the similarity stops after the first 5 seconds. The drydown is very cute, formal, clean and safe ; you can defeinitely smell the patchoully and some other woodsy notes, but not powerful ones. It would get you noticed, as many women are looking for something a bit more casual and frienldy during the hot days of summer. So Elixir could be a winter perfume, but for me it works better during the second part of the summer, when the heat starts to settle down, and the breeze just caries you ( and your scent ) away. The final notes ( ? ) have a well behaved minty feel that stays close to you for the rest of the day.

melbritt24

Bought the EDT and like it better so I gifted the EDP to my mother. The EDT is much fresher but still warm and inviting to use for the fall months.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

This one smells very Chanel-like. You know, like that base you find in Coco Mademoiselle, Chance and Allure Sensuelle; though not as longlasting. If So Elixir is on sale, and when is there actually not a sale at YR, why not...??? But other wise for a few $$$ more you can get the real thing.

PivoineRouge
PivoineRouge

I am assuming that this is incredibly seductive for men, but to me it felt like eating a pot of strawberry jam in a Japanese temple. It was jarring. One thing I can say is that once you put it on, you will make sure the entire room smells like it, so you can be certain people will smell it on you.

After a while, it becomes almost sickly sweet and cloying. I almost felt as if I smeared jam on my body. As I dislike gourmand fragrances, this did not appeal to me at all. I suppose it may appeal to me more during the winter, but during the summer it is a no-go.

daliflora
daliflora

The accord between patchouli and incense strikes me as odd, though not unpleasant. I've given a bottle to my mother, and she thinks it's an amazing perfume. I guess this scent it's somehow similar not only to CM from Chanel, but also to Zen by Shiseido. The latter has a very similar (striking) accord between patchouli and incense. Only that this is a lot more affordable than both CM and Zen.

Update: I've borrowed a shirt from my mother after she sprayed So Elixir on her neck and the smell of this scent is still strong and persistent on the garment after two days. This fragrance is really smoky, and I can hardly stand it, yet is not headachy (at least).

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

It's the same as coco mademoiselle, if you like that one, you'll like this one. It's fresh, classic and elegant. Great for the 'chic' occasions.

pauluch3
pauluch3

I agree that it's very similar to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, but remember it's not the same quality.
Yves Rocher vs. Chanel: 0 to 1.
And the winner is ......
Chanel of course!

I love it that YR is more affordable:)

Adrien02
Adrien02

Strong, sweet, heady. Puts me in mind of Lumiere Noir pour Femme by Francis Kurkdjian. If you find it hard to obtain Lumiere Noir Yves Rochers' So Elixir is very close to it from top note to drydown. Walks the gourmand tightrope over a spicy woody oriental pond. If you can last through the beginning notes and stay for the drydown it turns out quite lovely. Lasts quite a while. On my wrists at least 8 hours easy although greatly subdued. A wonderfully rich fragrance, just like Lumiere Noir.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Very nice scent , yes it is sweet , but NO , it's NOT foody , i disagree , either girly btw .
I don't agree either about the similarity with flowerbomb . So Elixir is much more subtle , whereas flowerbomb is invasive , quite gross and sticky.
However , the staying power seam weak , i have tried it on my wrist , then went to toilets and wash my hands , and it's gone .
The Yves Rocher are sometimes despised (Especially in France, it is quite an irony) because they're cheap , that's stupid, they make quality scent , as much as some other which costs one arm and a leg.

rozaly
rozaly

It seems to me that this scent is a cheaper copy of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. But, guilty, i do like both.

This is for the gourmand lovers. It smells like something you can eat - sweets or candy. I'm not into gourmands, so I have to leave this to others.

melia
melia

Sweet fresh and a bit smokey at the same time. In the same family as Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb and Miss dior cherie. I will edit in a few hours what I think about the staying-power..

Emma x
Emma x

POWERFULL SENSUAL STRONG
************************
So Elixir is a strong and confident perfume, the patchoilli really toughens this blend up and stops it becoming too sweet. But throughout the time fo wearing this i can still smell the rose which makes it sweet and light. x

melbritt24

I have this in the body lotion and perfume spray. I layer the two and yet the perfume still dissipates within a couple of hours. I do have strong body chemistry and go for woody/incense/spicy scents because of it.

This scent if very feminine and warm. I like the dry down better than the opening and heart.

Notes to my nose:
opening: warm, spicy vanilla
heart: loud, obvious rose
dry down: shy patchouli and incense

Definitely an interesting scent...too bad it doesn't linger longer!

Norgirl

Wow . i just figuerd somthing out . i put some So elixir on my arm just to smell it again . and guess what . it smells almost like wild strawerrys . fresh just picked frome the garden and whit warm vanilla . wow , smells realy nice. by the way i love the incense in this one . just jammy.
this perfume suprises me alot , i normaly dont like Jasmin at all , but in this mix its just beautiful

alicektn
alicektn

Rather comfortable and lovely perfume. Very soft on my skin, but in a nice way. Somehow it smells like a combination of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker and Flowerbomb by Victor and Rolf.

Maeva
Maeva

I can't say I love Yves Rocher perfumes. In fact I do love them, but their lasting power usually leaves much to be desired. Anyway, this one seems to be a little different: 3-4 hours on my skin. I bought it after reading so many positive reviews here, and I can say I like it, but I don't find it such a special perfume as it seemed to be according to the reviews. For me it doesn't have a lot to do with Flowerbomb. It reminds me more of Christian Lacroix/Avon's Rouge. Maybe the citrus notes and the patchouli, and the fact that they are both Chypre florals. For me it's not a sweet scent either. It's sharper than that, but in a rather "delicate" way. It makes you feel energetic and dynamic, and romantic at the same time.

Norgirl

I adore this parfyme . smells fresh whit a toch of light floral Insence ( a good thing) a little muske, warm floral light warm citrus whit a toch of honey but not in a very sweet way . A light toch of Gardenia and jasmin but not in a clingy way . the Vanilla in it gives it a soft and warm touch . A sexy parfyme to use at anytime . got many compliments of this . maybe even a new favorit to me:) love it. simply great

moodindigo
moodindigo

I love Yves Rocher perfumes. They are reasonably priced, but don't smell cheap! So Elixir is gorgeous, but I don't go heavy on it. I have a feeling it might induce headaches in susceptible people. I really don't think of it as a floral perfume, but an oriental.

laura.poison
laura.poison

This one it's just perfect! It just says out loud "I'm hot and you know it!' Great jasmin mix! It has a great staying power and can easily hipnotise any guy! Goes best for night time and sparkling dates! One of my favorites.

Nuusutaja
Nuusutaja

People find it here similar to Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle? I can't find anything common in them. But for me it's alike Gucci Eau de Parfum - you know that dark brown liquid? Gucci is softer and more sophisticated, while So Elixir is more linear as people here have said already. But there is the same feeling of cosy spicy warm winter fragrance.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

OMG i love this !!!
it opens sweet but not cloying, almost honeylike, whit a hint of citrus, very syrupy consistant-like... feels like a sweat creamy coat on your skin, a truly elixir how i expect it to be from a elixir >>!<< the drydown i ve yet to wait, i put it on some minutes ago... but it seems to be wonderful!

i never have the problem of a headaches fortunately and i can t detect anything spicy in it!? i think a spicy edge would suit this as well to be a real oriental, but it's okay as sweet and round as it is, and it wears really comfy.

now the patchouli is introducing softly and i can detect a smoky hint of incense... the tonkabean, which i actually like a lot in the base, gives it the ultimate kick to be a delicious honeylike vanillic frag whit a seductive touch of oriental feelings.

maybe one will be bored a little when wearing it regulary, it's quite linear and not very unconventional nore very sexy. just very lovely and very cosy. this does not drive attention to you, it's almost nice to wear when you wanna smell foody good, sweet, nice and loveable, but not offend or seduce anyone.

Chanel coco mademoiselle ? nooo not at all.. almost chanel chance - yes ! but chanel chance is thinner !

jellybeantree

I tried liking this, but unfortunately this starts off strong sweet, but promising, after that it stays strong and doesn't really change until an hour or two, the dry down is missing something for me and smells kind of flat on me, I can understand some people compare it to coco mademoiselle but come on people coco mademoiselle is a trillion times better than this!!!!

lilou
lilou

I liked the smell which is yummy, sensual and spicy. It lasts all day long but it is too spicy : I get headaches because of it. That's too bad, it's too strong for me.
I tried the EDT and I love it. It's lighter and lasts all day long too. So, just one pschitt of So Elixir EDP, then more od So Elixir EDT and it's perfect.

HAnah
HAnah

for my taste this scent is too much sweet and it smells like vanilla and incense.
I think it begins to smell better after 2 hours you try.
Rgds.

Audryna
Audryna

I almost did not buy this as the description made it sound a bit too mature and sophisticated! Glad I did though! It's soft, and I find it to be a good everyday fragrance. It opens with white flowers ans citrus, but I do get a hint of incense - not a heavy incense, more like the smell of incense during the day when the windows are open. The dry down on me, (even the morning after I used it in the afternoon the previous day)is all about the Tonka bean, but there is a soft flower (not sure which) that stays with it as well.
I do understand the flower bomb references but the woman who said it reminded her of Chance is the one I agree with most!

Lilii

update: it smells really good while the bottle is very simple so people who love to have a luxuary like perfume bottle may get disappointed.

one positive aspect of the perfume is that unlike most perfumes the smell power doesnot differ dramatically from the start up to the end, so dont overuse it, otherwise people can smell before even get near to you.I smelled it loudly on some women passing me before I bought it!
It is also long lasting.

Lilii

I bought a 15 ml of this one for winter after reading the positive reveiws...the first impression when I smelled it was...nice reminds me of some herbal teas I used to drink in middle east, a warm nice smell...despite others I dont think it is girlish or sweet or candy like...it has a dark more serious side despite the sweet feeling. In general the smell did not disappoint me and I liked it somehow.

but there is one big draw back that hit me in the first moment...it is very popular at least where I live maybe for some people popularity is a good thing but I almost never wear a popular perfume, I even dont get near to them... I smell this perfume every day on other women.I will use it since the bottle is small but I dont think I will buy it again.

After all of my poking fun at Yves Rocher and all of the dead trees they send my way, I actually succumbed and bought some of the Secrets D'Essence edps, which meant that I got a bunch of free gifts, one of which was a large bottle of SO ELIXIR body lotion. I slathered it on after my bath tonight and was most pleasantly surprised. And then suddenly I remembered that in my initial order for Secrets D'Essence minis I had also picked up a roller ball of SO ELIXIR, so of course this was the perfect opportunity to give it a spin, to put the elixir to the skin, making this an intense layered-fragrance experience.

I had no idea that SO ELIXIR was such a recent launch, nor that three big, wide-nostriled noses were in on the composition. It smells very appealing to me, but I am kind of wondering why it took six flaring nostrils to tweak the patchouli frag template that is now found nearly everywhere you sniff! (But, hey, it's good work if you can find it...) Yes, I agree that the similarities to well-known perfumes abound. More feminine than COCO MADEMOISELLE and a notch lower in quality than both CM and ORIENS, but I like SO ELIXIR a lot and will probably acquire a bottle since it doesn't really cost $58 per 50ml. It really costs $58/2 - 10 = about $20. Perhaps I'm not telling YR fans anything they don't already know, but it's a fact that it's not at all difficult to obtain YR prestige fragrances for a fraction of their "official" price. Plus a free lotion to match! Bargain city! The lotion, by the way, even more than the perfume, carries Jacques Cavalier's tell-tale trace...

I only respectfully ask, Cher YR, that you stop slaughtering trees now that we've entered the paper-free period of human history...

passion gold
passion gold

I adore this perfume... It smells like Chanel Chance..It;s a glamurous fragrance

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

I find this very similar to Fendi Palazzo. This is a little heavier on the patchouli but in a nice way. Patchouli can go either way for me, in some scents I hate it and it ruins it for me. But in this one, the patchouli gives a nice sharpness to the sweet fruitiness. This is a really nice scent.

Oh wauw, people are finding this one similar to Flowerbomb?? My nose detects other notes for sure. I did find Oriens of Van Cleef & Arpels very similar, but a bit lighter that this one is.
And I always go for the strongest versions of everything I love..

emi
emi

I love this one a lot. For me this is liquid honey with a hint of bergamot and a little bit of patchouli in the background that gives a little sharpness to the scent. I can't detect jasmin, rose or incense in it but I don't mind it at all. I like the bottle, its simplicity is an advantage for me. The staying power is very good - about 7h. Very well done scent, similar to Flowerbomb and Coco M but not identical.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I was given a free sample of this. As many had said, I have to admit the opening is extremely similar to Flowerbomb. I even thought I could save some money switching to this one. But then it quickly fades into something indistinct and flowery. So, sorry Yves Rocher, I stay with Viktor&Rolf.

camillia
camillia

To me this is a well-behaved Angel, combed and showered and taught to smile, not to lol.

TanjaS
TanjaS

I got a miniature of this for free and had no expectations to it at all, but I must say it's really nice (especially after it settles). It reminds me of Yves Rocher's Cantate which I adored (no longer available). This one is less sweet and spicy than Cantate, but a good substitute. Tonka bean, rose and jasmine seems to be a good combination. I don't find this chemical at all, nor cloying (and I think many fragrances are cloying). Perfect for fall and winter. I can't wait to wear it! I will definitely buy a big bottle of this. The best fragrance Yves Rocher have at the moment.

It's very similar to Coco Mademoiselle EDP's opening. It doesn't last as long as CM EDP though!

Carnelian
Carnelian

If you like "florientals" this is a really nice pick. Yes, goes on sharp & slightly bitter, but once on, it develops nicely into a fragrance that is waxy from white flowers at the top, with the rest being rich, lightly sweet, spicy, and warm - it has the effect of being an amber perfume. The jasmine comes out more than rose to my nose. The patchouli at the base is right on the edge of overpowering the flowers, but doesn't (fortunately) and gives the rest depth. Long-lasting and beautiful. This would make a fabulous fall fragrance.

Later note: I am finding that this is definitely too heavy for warmer temperatures; the patchouli really overpowers the other notes, especially by the end of the day. I'll try it again in the fall and see if it's different.

Update: This reminds me quite a bit of Badgely Mischka, although a bit heavier and sweeter. It has that same fruit on top-jasmine/flowers middle-patchouli/vanilla base going on.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A luminous scent with an addictive power that leaves an unforgettable wake. Opening on a head note of Bergamot, developing into a floral heart of Jasmine Absolute and Damask Rose lingering on a sensual base of Patchouli, Tonka Bean Ansolute and Incense Essence. Woody, savory and so very feminine. For the woman who loves to leave an unforgettable impression.

Puma
Puma

Flowers, flowers, flowers!!!
It's very strong and floral with some woody notes. It reminds me Coco Mademoiselle.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i don't like it. it's too intense and synthetic. i can't detect a single note in it. it is like the perfume is made only from chemical stuff. really, it has nothing feminine about it... it has nothing in common with flowerbomb.

Hi AmberLove,
I really like your description of Yves Rocher. I too am a long term user, and I admire the company for their goals. Especially the vintage collection contains Masterpiece after masterpiece. And also the new perfumes qualify as wonderful, I am a true Rose Absolue addict. I love you being positive, because not everybody has discovered this genius house.
Good luck!

AmberLove
AmberLove

I have a soft corner for Yves Rocher products as I have been using it since I was a little girl and I really like most of the products. Good quality and affordable.
So I always try out their new fragrances. When So elixir came out, I immediately read all the reviews here and became very curious because of comparisons to Flowerbomb and Diesel Fuel for Life and even Coco Mademoiselle.
When I smelled it on paper in a catalogue, i liked it and ordered it immediately.
On my skin I even liked it more, and it indeed reminded me a bit of Coco Mademoiselle, its not exactly the same, just reminded me of it.

I find it a very luxurious, expensive smelling scent.
The bergamot gives its freshness to this scent, the incense and patchouli make it mysterious and the Jasmine and Rose give it a romantic touch.
None of the notes are too strong, they are very well balanced.

This is a beautiful fragrance, not sweet smelling on me but sophisticated and very feminine!
Its lasting power is strong and it has a good sillage.
An outstanding fragrance from Yves Rocher! A true sixer!!!!

hathor
hathor

i only bought this because it was a special introduction offer, and i was pleased with the recent secrets d'essences and was curious what yves would come up with next. at first it didnt do much for me. it came with a free small handbag spray so i took it on holiday to Egypt (my suitcase was dangerously overweight so i could only take something small). thought a jasmine would go well there. i was right. for me this smell is now for ever morning in a desert oasis, a lovely sunny hopeful morning with a day full of adventures ahead. i don't find it too sweet at all. i use it to sleep in sometimes and i drift off to sleep with memories of a happy holiday, with an endless horizon ahead. the perfume just seemed to harmonize with the surroundings. i think the bottle is nice, name doesn't really invite anyone to try it. i hope it will stay around for a while because i'll certainly replace it when it's finished

szafran
szafran

Cheaper version of Flowerbomb aka Sugarbomb ;). Massive pile of sugar-coated jasmine petals. Very very sweet, quite strong and heady. Almost gourmand. Not my thing, but if you like sweets and white flowers, go for it. I didn't find it very long lasting however.

jatzzie
jatzzie

Sweet, supersweet, it's like candy or like those old 80's dolls which had this certain sweet scent to them.To me So Elixir is very nostalgic, reminds me slightly of Juicy Couture. Very girly, flowery and something for spring.:)

CherryLou
CherryLou

It's a very interesting, sophisticated and beautiful fragrance. Notes are very well blended together and the result is harmonious.

So Elixir, aswell as Flowerbomb, is one of the few perfumes that has managed to get the best out of patchouli and make it perfectly balanced with other notes. For someone like me who can't stand patchouli it was a pleasant surprise to come across this perfume that actually made me appreciate this specific note.

It settles down on my skin in a beautiful way and draws compliments as the fragrance stands out from the mainstream fragrances you encounter all the time. Wearing it makes me feel very delicately feminine.

swedeangel
swedeangel

HORRIBLE! Strong and heady,cloying in an unpleasant way ,i dont know what in this i react so strongly to, if its the jasmine or what ,but it smells berry,blackcurrant to me ,and i think its a badly composed scent.

regie-reggae
regie-reggae

to me it's Coco Mademoiselle, just a bit more intense.

Stray
Stray

Not Flowerbomb, nor Alien! So Elixir is an absolute clone of FUEL FOR LIFE by Diesel!!! I just compared: beleive me, they are virtually identical Perhaps So Elixir is a bit less edgy, less extravagant than Fuel, a clear singing tone against a sensual raspy voice. But the tune sung is quite the same!

Bergamot versus mandarin; Jasmin as an overwhelming presence in both; patchouli base...
Is this similarity a coincidence? Jacques Cavallier is credited as a co-author of both, isnt't he?

I adore both, though: nice variations on the same theme. Yves Rocher's scent is more wearable than Diesel's; has a very affordable price, smelling unexpectedly expensive (and poor design, all has to be said, but that's inherent to the entire Yves Rocher Brand).

I agree with vertigo: it's the best from Yves Rocher. BUT FUEL FOR LIFE CAME FIRST!!!

Aysu
Aysu

Finally I had a chance to test it.
Liked it at first sniff! A strong smell with good staying power and sillage.
But my opinion is a bit different about the similarity to Flowerbomb, I found this fragrance a bit sour and sharp, strong on the patchouli side, that's why it didn't smell like Flowerbomb to me, Flowerbomb is creamy, and much more sweeter. Overall, it is a very good floral, that you can feel every single note mentioned here (sharp opening with bergamot, then comes jasmin&rose combination, heady drydown with patchouli&incense)
This fragrance has a strong base, and I found it quite serious :-) Good one

Solvita
Solvita

Very interesting fragrance,sweet,flowery.Is similar to Flowerbomb,but more flowery.I'll test it on my skin next time.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

I agree that this perfume reminds me of Flowerbomb, but since that is one of favorites, I don´t mind. The jasmine is wonderful and one spritz lasts a long time. Simply nice perfume nad nice price.

Nataliya
Nataliya

I've tested it today. It's very luscious smell with heavy musky notes. Smell - as if dirty (IMHO). I am disappointed :(

So Elixir by Yves Rocher 3.69 out of 5 based on 643 ratings and 99 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher So Elixir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher So Elixir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify So Elixir by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of So Elixir by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.