Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

tuberose
So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum Yves Rocher for women Videos
So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum Yves Rocher for women Pictures

The French house of Yves Rocher is launching a new edition from their So Elixir collection. Name of the new perfume is So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum and it follows previous 3 editions.

The new fragrance is very seductive and attractive, ideal for self-confident women full of power and energy. It is built around the central note of tuberose, which is milky and sweet like honey in the same time, creating this fresh, herbal and fruity composition.

So Elixir Purple opens with bergamot essential oil and continues with opulent tuberose complemented by a strong vetiver note. A base closes with benzoin, vanilla, tonka beans, frankincense, patchouli and woody notes, providing a warm, soft and woody trail.

Eau de Parfum arrives on the market in September 2012; sizes available are 50 ml EDP and 30 ml EDP. The collection also offers perfumed body care products: 200 ml shower gel, 200 ml body milk and 100 ml deodorant. The whole collection is colored in shades of purple, which fits in with the name perfectly. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne.

Bergamot

Tuberose Vetiver

Tonka Bean Patchouli Benzoin Vanilla Woodsy Notes Incense

Eleccion Pour Femme

So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

Just lovely. Smells like the color purple to me.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is sweet and fruity to me, like grapes or blackberries, and maybe a little lemon zest with something warmer underneath. Even so, it seems like it would suit winter best, it has something dense and cozy about it, although I don't get any outright woody/spicy notes. Doesn't really seem very floral or woody at all. It's a little screechy sweet in the opening, then it calms down and warms up a little to have a jammy kind of feel, it reminds me a little bit of a fruity version of Parisienne, it has a touch of leathery vetiver in the drydown, but still very light. I used one of the little towelette samples, if that makes a difference.

iow-pam
iow-pam

This has a strong sweet, almost bubblegum smell, when first sprayed. It then settles to a more subtle and pleasant sweetness. I really like this perfume but sadly it just doesn't last and the sillage is almost non-existent on me.

Mcfluffy
Mcfluffy

This does smell a bit like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle very briefly when first applied. Settles down to a much softer fragrance. Lovely smell, but such a shame you can't really smell it after about 20 minutes. If you like very subtle fragrance then this would be the one for you

possession83
possession83

It's a bit too strong at the beginning, but then it evolves into pleasant and comforting scent. Patchouli and tonka bean are dominant and you get a hint of bergamot as well, but I can also smell dark grapes in the drydown, which is not one of the notes, so I'm perplexed. It's too sweet to wear it every day, I like it the most during cold autumn evenings. Longevity is very good, I also like the simplicity of the bottle.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

Hooked! Hooked!, i am going to take a 'Selfie' with new favourite scent lol. I just rubbed the sample card on my wrist today and was entranced by it's romantic aroma. This hourglass creation by Yves Rocher is spicy & woody but most of all a stunning. Purple Elixir is so seductive & mischievous, nice & sweet also fruity and floral & it comes across to me bright in away. Yet this scent caress my skin with the sweetness in mind of parma violets but i feel a fresh coldness. In contrast to the designer fragrances mentioned below like's of Alien or Angel this by far is a whole lot softer, even translucent & easier to ♥. The tuberose is sweet like honey & with the Patchouli & the frankincense really warms the heart and give it an earthy feel. Beauty in a bottle & planning on buying this purple delight to my perfume wardrobe soon, love it!!.

Mintalus
Mintalus

I'm just gonna cut right to the chase and say this smells like hair dye! A few months ago I dyed my hair at a really expensive hair salon, even weeks after I had dyed it my hair smelt amazing and everyone who had a whiff said it smelt amazing! It was of course the hair dye that had made my hair smell as lovely because when I was getting my hair dyed I could really detect a strong smell! This perfume smells exactly like that hair dye! Of course this smells nice and so but I wouldn't want to always walk around smelling like expensive hair dye!

babskrimpen
babskrimpen

So far any perfume I did not like turned out to have patchouli in it, and/or rose. Yet purple is my favorite color so when I saw I could get a bottle for free with an order, I decided to take the opportunity. I am happy I did so far! I have had it on me yesterday during a long evening and re-applied to keep the smell going because I kept sniffing it! So good for winter couch potato sessions! I do smell incense/earthy stuff lingering around something sweet, which is tuberose I think because it smells a bit like honey. I do not know exactly what bergamot or vetiver smells like but I assume those are the notes that 'burn' my nose a bit, but in a nice way. It 'heats up' the scent, especially in the beginning. It dries down into loads of woodsy notes with incense, the benzoin and tonka bean keep it together in a warm and almondy sweet hug :)

It seems like I only like patchouli in YR scents since I fell in love with the male scent Ambre noir which is heavy on patchouli and also has lavender in it which I really hate (in air refreshers and scent candles so I avoided it in perfumes so far).

osiris5
osiris5

I got this as a sample. But its unbelievable how Yves Rocher has done this.
This perfume is great. It reflects a greatness like the great perfumes. Its spicy with a deep scent of the tuberose. The incense and the vetiver give a unisex scent to it.
Deep down there is some musky flowery mix of scent.
Again a great perfume for a low price but with the greatness of a well know perfume.
Is it only for women? I don't know but unisex is a quality that belongs to all great perfumes.

Luckily I can't smell much tuberose in this fragrance. On my skin, it is pleasant aromatic & woody scent. Mysterious, feminine, elegant, suitable for a night out.

Rux2589
Rux2589

So Elixir Purple is so much better than I expected! It is like a sweeter So Elixir, perfect for Spring/daytime wear - in a word, exactly what I want for the next season. I don't perceive it as a mature scent, to me it's just a sweet and playful floral.

ecerusen
ecerusen

it is very similar with belle d'opium by ysl with cheaper price :) if we think about the belle dopiums' poor longevity and sillage, this is the best replica for me :)

lanhua
lanhua

Such a great perfume! I honestly did not expect this from Yves Rocher considering my last experiences with the brand were with Yria and Comme Une Evidence - two perfumes that are very mature and demanding. This fragrance is complex but much more lively.

On my skin I mostly get patchouli and bergamot, on the dry down incense and tuberose also get more prominent and I can sniff some vanilla after a bit but the patchouli-bergamot kick stays for quite a while. Unfortunately, considering how much I like tonka bean, I am disappointed there is no trace of it on my skin.

This fragrance really reminds me of Midnight Poison which also opens with very prominent patchouli and bergamot. It also smells a bit like DKNY Be Delicious Night when both fragrances dry down (I can be imagining but I can sometimes smell berries in So Elixir). I saw a lot of people find similarities with Alien and was really surprised because I did not sense anything like it but only until a friend tried it on. And now, this is a truly good fragrance in my opinion - when it has the potential to develop differently on different people rather than those boom-and-gone manufactured scents.

Juliana6
Juliana6

Mystery, sensuality, grace, inner depth and simplicity in one. Fresher than "So elixir" but in the same time more feminine, more versatile, subtle. Sometimes reminds me "Alien" by Mugler. The same mysterious vibe ( but more acceptable for everyone than "Alien"), dreams, impossible hopes, desires and an adult winter (because it's warm, balsamic and rich, but just with a touch of freshness) fairy-tale. A generous chipry wonder. French chic careless attitude, an intoxicating and elegant scent.

la louve
la louve

Simple, but nice.
I got it as a present from Yves Rocher... :-)
For me its not fruity... no grapes... not cheap...
On me it is a little bit "growing"...
not heavy,... but remarkable: patchouli and tuberose! ... simply nice :-) LOVE, LOUVE
<<<<<< 2 days later now: the more I "wear" it.. the more I like it !!! <3
Together with the SEP body-lotion (which contains Mandarin) it smells nearly like "Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir Givenchy for women" ! <3

AIRAM

OOOPS sorry I just hit the submit button a little to much LOL

AIRAM

Just LOVE this perfume, bought the EDP Purple based on reviews, boy was I glad I did. I also purchased the So Elixir as well, Which I think is stronger, but something about Purple just wins me over.....LOVE it

emi
emi

So Elixir + grape juice + tuberose = So Elixir Purple

Ouch!
Ouch!

I agree with some of the reviews here.

This opens with something like sweet vanillic grapes, and something that gives it a slight similarity to TM Alien. But that changes.

I'm convinced that it's not tuberose in this perfume, it's orange blossom. As it's drying this starts to remind me of the same orange blossom that I find in Elie Saab. So... It ends up smelling like a sweet, grapey orange blossom which is nice but nothing amazing. It's very floral and smooth.

It's not however, something I'd go and buy.

Not bad, a little bit on the cheap side but interesting enough.
It opens with a good blast of grapey smell, not too artificial, then it's floral but vetiver is quite strong in the middle. Then comes the patchouli and the final effect is a soft patchouli fragrance with sweet notes around. Nice and quite longlasting but nothig thrilling here for me.

The tuberose note is the leading in this fragrance for sure. Only in this fragrance it smells like Isabella grape. I know its flavor very well, because this grape grows in my Moscow area garden. Dark and purple!

A little bit reminds by the smelling like Isabella grape tuberose note Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker, but So Elixir Purple is darker.

This fragrance is charming. I wish it was only more noticeable and long-lasting. The same thing I wish to all fragrances by Yves Rocher.

I love it and i'm not disappointed at all. the beginning smells slightly grapeish or plummy to me, then comes the patch and i'm so glad it's not overwhelming to my nose. I love this for cooler weather. the incense and woodish notes are perfect for the cold. lasts well over 4 hrs on me and I can still smell it slightly.

ayarniknit
ayarniknit

I agree that this has a touch of Alien to it, but with less depth, and a more painful, alcohol ridden drydown. Nothing too offensive, but I just keep smelling 90 % sweetpea and 10% flat florals. Is it just me or does no one else get that sweetpea vibe?
All in all a bit of a disappointment since I love a good many other fumes from Yves Rocher.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Interestingly enough, I smell Patchouli and sweet purple flowers.... iris predominantly. My nose agrees with a previous reviewer, who smells no tuberose whatsoever. Perhaps I am too much influenced by the color!

All in all, a far less interesting and complex fragrance than Yves Rocher's (discontinued ) Iris Noir or Avon's Imari Seduction. They are very similar in aura, but So Elixer has a distinctly simplistic attitude. Not offensive, but hardly memorable.

It does, however, come in a rather lovable bottle - which nicely presents the way the actual juice smells. In addition, there seems to be a touch of Alien here, but with a gentle, inoffensive presence.

My conclusion:
Although I personally prefer either of the "purple" fragrances listed above, So Elixer is a safe giftable for your favorite fruitchouli lover.

Not being much of a fan of the original Yves Rocher So Elixir, perhaps I should not be that surprised to find that I do not really like So Elixir Purple either. I will say that it is a true flanker--the original juice is present and accounted for, but it has been dressed up in purple. This means that if you number among the fans of the original, then you might or might not enjoy wearing this variation on that theme. What's a pretty sure bet is that if you never liked So Elixir to begin with, you're unlikely to like this.

It might just be the color association, but I am also reminded a tad bit of my memory of Sarah Jessica Parker Covet Pure Bloom. Well, except that the (abstract) flowers were louder. Maybe the overwhelming sense of very tenacious chemicals in both is tying them together in some way. Or the fact that I will probably never wear either of them ever again.

Here there seems to be a blob of grape jelly tossed into the original So Elixir and mixed. The combination reminds me a bit of one of the Britney Spears fragrances, except that the unmistakeable sweaty musk of the original So Elixir completely dominates this scent. As for the alleged tuberose said to mark this flanker as distinct, well, to my nose it remains only alleged...

Not for me.

magickmaven
magickmaven

I found that spraying on this perfume was like slipping on a soft comfortable sweater. One that also happens to drop low in the neckline and hug your form. Comfortable and sexy is not a very common accomplishment but So Elixier Purple really managed to do that for me. If sprayed on my skin I really don't get a grape or Dimetapp scent at all, but I will say I've noticed it cloying to a scarf so I think body temperature is an important factor here.

I don't really think of this as either a night or a daytime fragrance, you could wear it almost anywhere any time.

ZELJO
ZELJO

I find that one perfect for a real woman, proud and sure of herself who wants to seduce and knows how to seduce, a very strong tuberose suitable mostly for women older than 35, thats a great scent than would be a worldwide success if Gucci ,ysl or a similar company would have launched

truffles
truffles

Yawn. A million modern perfumes smell just like this. Chemically 'fru-chouli'.
Cheap-smelling - like something a modern young teen would love. 'Fake grape' sounded really nice but nope, I'm not getting that at all. I LOVE patchouli but it's just murdered here.
Have a new mini bottle which will probably end up in a swap or something.

yanayanakieva
yanayanakieva

really reminds me of Alien.nice one

miaou
miaou

To begin with, i wanted a large bottle of So Elixir EDP, but i ended with having this one instead as a result of a swap. So Elixir Purple is much lighter than So Elixir, and it reminds me of grapeish Coco Mademoiselle, slowly turning into sweet powdery something, reminiscent of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDP. It's less strong and heady, and also less patchouli. Three, even four misty sprays of SEP are ok (i always spray in front of myself and then step into fog, or spray from the top and turn around fast while the tiny drops are falling), while one of SE edp almost gives me headache (it's a great perfume, but you should be very careful with the dose).
I'm suprisingly very pleased with this perfume and i hope i won't get tired of it soon (after all, i still prefer niche, and my fav perfumes are Annick Goutal), though i still think i would never pay full price for the bottle.
The longevity is very good - i sprayed my wrist one time before bed, at 1AM, now it's 11:30 AM, and it is still there.

hintay
hintay

I dont think its similar with the original. It smells cheap on my skin , so bad :( .I love Yves Rocher perfumes but not this one. Like I have grape chewing gum in my skin when i use this So Elixir Purple .
But the good thing is , I only buy the travel size haha

clancyann
clancyann

Very nice! It's strange; when I first sprayed it, I really got that menthol/muscle rub scent, but then it dried down to a floral-patchouli smell. Upon reapplication about an hour later, I get that fruity zing at the very beginning, what people are calling grape-y but I imagine is really the bergamot, then a lot of vetiver. The vetiver is probably what was registering to me at first as muscle rub. I don't really smell tuberose, interestingly enough, or it's blended in such a way that it doesn't stand out.

I got this in a swap, and I had been hoping it would fall along the lines of very edgy, niche-like French fragrances that are outside of my usual fruity-floral-gourmand boundaries. It's as I hoped! This will be one of my "don't mess with me" perfumes.

Edited to add: this fragrance has become a great love of mine, and I now have a backup bottle and the lotion thanks to a most generous Fragrantican!

naen
naen

Instant love. A bit exotic, sensual but playful thanks to the (purple!) grapes, sweet but not exaggerated, somehow harsh but in a very pleasant way. Wearable in any season, as long as it pleases you. And it does please me, everytime.

tini.milburn
tini.milburn

I like this scent,Has a grape/blackberry hit nice and warm scent,It's my summer evening scent as its not too heavy and kind of mellow,find it quite similar to Black XS for her :)
which I also like,Got this by chance as a nice person sent me a small bottle,so a bargain :)

polkadotcat
polkadotcat

I didn't realize someone'd say it's similar to the original version. When it appeared I didn't pay much attention and even never tried, coz really used to think, So elixir Purple is something between Iris noire and So Elixir(original). The other day I saw it being sold in small bottles, in the beauty market, the price was under 10$, the same day I went to YR store to buy the new blue mascara, occasionally I smelled Purlpe elixir, and I was really shocked. Completely different from original version and even from all the YR-perfumes(which all have something familiar unside)! Like a crazy I dashed back to the beauty market thinking where exactly I saw it. Got there 10 minuter before closing, bought it. It's so wonderful! As I wrote above, if I had tried it before not knowing it was YR, I would think it's Snoopy fragrance(Swedish, for teens). First it's like grape bubblegum or grape lip gloss and then it goes out into sweet-sour notes but still keeps the top grape notes, just intensifies them in some way. So, it's great surprise for me! This perfume is definetely for summertime and good choice for girls! Yesterday I bought a new Hello kitty top, they perfectly suit each other!:)

gabi

So today I sampled it in the YR store, it is very similar to the original So Elixir in the begining. I then forgot I d put it on and when I got home I thought to my self why am I smelling Bvlgari Rose Esentielle(which is my favourite perfume)???? And I smelled my wrist and there it was, So Elixir Purple is very similar to the Bvlgari in the drydown. Overall, a beautiful scent!

gabi

I don t know how it smells but i find it funny that people compare it with Alien EDT, So Elixir and Cacharel Amor Amor temptation which are not similar at all lol ;)))) So which one is it????

5354alice
5354alice

For me this beautiful scent is not similar to Alien at all: I can feel lots of blackberry, Alien is not fruity.

dormir6
dormir6

I adore this one! So Elixir is woody and fruity at first, mostly I get grapes, then it becames something delicious! Mouthwatering and seducing at once. The fruity accord keeps it fresh and vivid, the wood accord makes it deep and seductive. A very good combination! Very lively and feminine scent, both flirty and serious. Perfect for fall because it reminds me grapes and vineyards, but could be wearable every season except from hot summer days.
One of my favourite fragrances was Miss Dior Chérie (2005) and I can get something similar from this one. A small amount of girly fruitness, depth, a little sharp tuberose that keeps it vivid and some standard patchuli base. Great!!!!!!

dness92
dness92

Wow! I received three samples with my purchase from Yves Rocher (Vanille noir, flowerparty and this) and So Elixir Purple surprised me the most! It is the fruity smell I love! Quite dark because it's a dark berry/ dark grape/wild strawberry (however you interpret it, I smell dark berries) scent and it's very intensive. It has a stingy fruity feel to it and it's a total love from me.

I would say this is a feminine fruity smell due to the fruit here. Red fruits come across as girly but this is definitely a purple fruit scent, which gives it a darker, more mysterious vibe.

Love love love.

bakinom
bakinom

Black grapes were the only thing I could smell first two days (bought yesterday). Not bad one, actually I love it as I love black grapes. I was just really surprised because a) I didn't remember smelling grapes when testing it couple weeks ago b) not listed in notes and it was reeeaally intensive (almost as this was one of those artificially-fruity YR "Les Plaisirs Nature" perfumes). Then I reallized that I applied it mostly on clothes. After spritzing on wrists, it gets more deep and floral, hard to guess what is it as I have no idea how tuberose itself smells :) Anyway I definitely like it :) both fragrance and beautiful bottle. It has big chance to become one of my favourites

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The bergamot in the opening is a little bit overdone, making SEP into a grape lollipop BOMB of a fragrance to begin. The dry-down is quite pleasant and nicely blended, however. I like it, but the wait can be tiresome. At my age I don't really want to leave the house smelling like a child's candy. This is aptly named - it's VERY purple! Other than the grapey opening, this is a win for me. I'd wear it, but only when I could spray well in advance of leaving the house.

danusianusia
danusianusia

I am not a big fan of the original So Elixir EDP but I absolutely love this one. It lasts for about 10 hours on my skin.

grazzia
grazzia

What a pleasant surprise! I feel like this one could be a bit underrated. I tried the tester on my skin and I had to return to the store to get the whole bottle!

I would never have thought this one would work well for me... I have a typical "love-hate" relationship with patchouli and I don't like other "Elixirs" very much... Patchouli is not overpowering and gives just right amount of depth. I agree that tuberose works beautifully in this one, not too agressively. The incense (another note I wasn't sure about) is perfectly wearable...

I got tons of compliments last couple of days. This smells like thousand $$$ on me - love!

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

This is a very well done 'daytime' incense. I didn't like the first 20 minutes of it on my skin, smelled like the sharp EDT So Elixir, however then it developed to something deeper, woodier and creamy.

This scent is exactly what EDT So Elixir lacks - a sweeter accord to balance out all of the sharpness. It's not a ground-braking scent, but I don't think it ever strove to be one. Daytime incense is the best way to describe it!

plum
plum

Another blind purchase. And I could only detect fish food. Do you know the smell of the "powder" that you use to feed fish in an aquarium? Huge disappointment as I love original So Elixir.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This smells exactly like all the other Elixirs, death by patchouli.
The Yves Rocher company really loves their patch, and I hate it.
Hate. It.

LaPetite
LaPetite

So , this is the first flanker of So Elixir . I don't think it is going to be a limited edition, because there is also the deodorant, body lotion and shower gel that come with it.
I already had the So Elixir EDT , so I can tell you that the connection with the original is clearly here .
This one is a little bit darker, syrupier .
To me , it's a cousin of D&G La Roue de la Fortune.
They have quite a lot in common, but still different though.
I had a discount for buying also the shower gel and the deodorant. And if I want the smell to stay, I have to use the whole set . This is an EDP , I shouldn't have to have to do all this to have a decent staying power.
This scent is not as good as the original So Elixir, like it's happening with flankers most of the time.
Nice , but not outstanding.

DistantSamantha
DistantSamantha

What a fitting name! I've heard many people call YSL Opium / Belle d'Opium their very own "opium", so I guess I could easily call this my "elixir".

Blindbuy which I fell in love with instantly. I bought So Elixir EDT a couple of years ago, but wore it only once or twice - didn't really suit me. This one has all the good features of So Elixir, but is definitely more exciting and diverse.

I'm often skeptical when perfume lists tuberose as one of the notes - it's seems like 9 out of 10 times tuberose is wayyyy too powerful and dominant, leaving no space for other notes.
Luckily that's not the case here. In So Elixir Purple the tuberose note is absolutely beautiful! Honey and milky, addictive... Yes, SEP's very sweet, so sweet in fact it reminds me a bit of Midnight Heat (Beyoncé) and Midnight Fantasy (Britney), but fortunately tonka bean makes this much more pleasant and mature fragrance to wear. Patchouli, vanilla, incense and woodsy notes also work together beautifully.

Be careful with the application! So Elixir Purple comes with a strong sillage. Longevity's great too: stays on my skin up to 12 hours.

I'm so glad I didn't give up on this just because the original So Elixir (or the EDT) didn't really have that _magic_ in it. Absolutely stunning fragrance from Yves Rocher. Looking for a mysterious, purple night? This is it, bottled.

I didn't get any myrrh from this. I found it quite close to the original So Elixir - with a little twist. So it's like many sweet gourmands. When I tried this scent, I had the impression that I had smelled it so often already before. Since I'm not fond of the original So Elixir, this one doesn't speak to me either.

tracytucker
tracytucker

I was disappointed with So Elixir Purple EDP and glad I only bought the purse spray. I was curious to see what it had to offer, since I love wearing So Elixir EDP. These are very different perfumes, but I suppose they share the balmy/patchouli notes somewhat. The strongest notes I can describe are grape candy, fruit/berries, acetone, menthol, smoke and pine - very flat, no warmth. I am missing out on the vanilla and softness others are detecting, glad to see some enjoying this scent anyways.

gomt
gomt

I don't think this one is as good as the original So Elixir. And it's not as good as So Elixir Eau de Toilette either, in my opinion. I don't mean it's bad, though - it is pretty nice, actually, but I somehow feel the composition is incomplete; especially compared to the opulent original. Just an OK fragrance.

It's woody and sharp, which I kind of like (especially the woodiness), but I guess I'm expecting a complementary soft, warm note - instead, I get a chilly grape note like a lot of you.

It lasts for hours - hours, really - staying pretty close to the skin, in my case.

bleuciel
bleuciel

I agree with Happyme2009 below who says she gets grape jello. Sometimes I catch a whiff of a grape-like accord. But it doesn't bother me at all, it makes it more casual and wearable this way.

It's not fruity-floral, what is Fragrantica talking about? It's floral patchouli, you can definitely smell a floral patchouli vibe that reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle (w/o the citrusy sharp note) and Miss Dior (Cherie, the new one - w/o the sweetness).

Upon first application it is very floral, but then it warms and sweetens. Due to the patchouli and woody notes, it becomes comfy and skin-like. I find it elegant and classy, w/o the price tag of designer brands.It's also very modern.

I find it works better applied directly to skin than on clothes or hair as I usually apply perfume. It's much nicer on the skin.

I wouldn't pay full price for it, but I got it at 50% discount which was a bargain. And I received a free full bottle of Comme une Evidence!

It's warmer, a tad sweeter, less sharp and more romantic than the original So Elixir. Not so crazy about the colour of the bottle, I like the original one better, but it's just a bottle, who cares...

daliflora
daliflora

On my skin, it is lighter than the earlier "So elixir" and after a while it becomes slightly more romantic, and yet fashionable, though in a stick-to-the-skin way. So forget about the smoky and powerful "So elixir". The vetiver in "So elixir purple" is a smart solution to downplay the possible suffocating effect of tuberose. Vanilla is soft and understated. I would definitely recommend it.

Inesis
Inesis

Oh my gosh I love this scent! It's perfect. So interesting and strong enough for others to smell this on me. My boyfriend commented that "Finally an Yves Rocher perfume that doesn't smell like grass!"

I don't know about others but I smell licorice in this and thus this fragrance reminds me a little bit of Diesel Loverdose. Licorice is not listed as a note, but still. I guess it might be the incense too.

All in all, very nice! Great for the night too. It lasts for hours and sillage is great too. I definitely would like to try the original So Elixir too since this Purple is so good. Excellent work!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I purchased a mini, luckily.... not a full bottle...It smells like grape jello on my skin... no tuberose, no patchouli, no insense..... what a disaster! Most likely I am being influenced by the color of the juice too, but that is no explanation for this distinct artificial grape flavouring I am smelling.
Sorry to those who love it...

Liina
Liina

So Elixir Purple is more of a night time perfume. It little bit reminds me of Beyonce's Midnight Heat. But the patchouli and benzoin are too overpowering for me in this one. Tuberose doesn't balance it out enough for me and it's too spicy. I wouldn't say it's floral fruity at all, it's mostly about the oriental base notes.
Although So Elixir Purple is not my kind of a scent I think it's better than the original So Elixir, more sensual and mystic.

milkyway
milkyway

I was really skeptical about this perfume, as I never liked any of the Yves Rocher products before. I was pleasantly surprised. It's very sweet, yes(blame the tuberose), but the earthiness of patchouly and smoky incense make it a more pleasant kind of sweet. It settles down into a lovely powdery smell, still sweet, but bearable. I like it, and I may buy it if the price tag is as attractive as the other YR products:)

NB- i think it might be great layered with a spicy masculine fume,

leila_mic
leila_mic

I bought it as a gift for me for my birthday ... I like it, it has a note that reminds me of something beautiful, fresh and of youth ... but after a while it turns into a warm, sexy, strong perfume ... it makes me desirable!

great sillage, longevity super!!!

I love them both - so elixir and so elixir purple :)

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

On my skin, this smell floral fruity,nice fragrance, but nothing special.Longevity and projection is very good. Little reminds me So Eliksir-note Coco Mademoiselle,this not smells chip. Sorry, my poor english.

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

I really like how this perfume changes through the day. From wake up call to sleep tight fragrance. It's just lovely and suitable for every occasion. I have no idea about sillage (haven't ask anyone if they could smell my perfume :p) but longevity is good. I believe it's rather skin close but really good. But yeah, I'm an YR fan.

I get:
vetiver
tuberose
patchoulli
Benzoin
vanilla (tiny bit)

smells way better than the original for me.

I have the shower gel too and I believe it enhances the perfume.

sharon1984
sharon1984

Just received my sample in the mail from YR. When I smelled it I immediately thought of angel&demon secret elixir, they smell so alike!!

Lamilla
Lamilla

At first sniff I liked it a lot, i fell in love, but the drydown is too simple for me, nothing interesting, but there is something annoyingly sharp in it :-(

estrellita
estrellita

So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum smells on my skin exactly like mix of Alien EDP and So Elixir EDP. Both I have and both I like very much. However the combination sounds promising, try it first before you buy it !! I did, and now I know it is not for me. Unfortunately, there is something in the smell bothering me, and even causes to sickness. Maybe winter time suits to ´Purple´ better, nevertheless 'll stay with my So Elixir for the future.

ailishlu
ailishlu

This is one of the lovliest scents by YR. My husband bought it for me today and I`m so happy.

Top Notes: Bergamot and fruity and sweet, but not too much. Very subtle. Think of BS Midnight Fantasy without the sour cherries. It reminds me a little of this, but less sharp.
Middle notes: This is where I`m really not sure. It smells somewhat powdery and slightly sweet and woody. Just lovely. I guess this is the tubeberose and vetiver. I guess the dry woodiness of the vetiver really tames the tuberose somewhat and they blend together really well.
Base Notes: Tonka Bean and Patchouli are both there for sure. A warm powdery vanilla and incense are what wraps the whole thing up. And it last and last, but remains very subtle. Every note in here is a favourite of mine. Well done YR. This is a gem!!!

lilou
lilou

I've got my sample today at Yves Rocher's : it makes me think of So Elixir EDT. Fresh at the beginning, then it smells something creamy, woody and floral, and incense is very present on my skin. It's deep and comfy.
I love So Elixir Purple as I love So Elixir EDT, and even more : it's a soft and sweet version of So Elixir EDP (the EDP is excellent but too strong to me).
It's one of my favorite fragrances.
The lasting power is very good.

nicesmell66

Ok, maybe I was a little quick in my judgement(below) of this new perfume. I applied it about 6 hours ago and was not too impressed at first. BUT,I do have to add that it has actually changed to the better. It does not smell as similar to the original So Elixir any longer. What I thought was somewhat plain has turned into a longlasting pleasant (skin)scent. I probably still won't be byuing it, because it is far too soft, but on someone with the right chemistry, this may smell wonderful!

nicesmell66

I was excited to get a hold of a minibottle in an Yves Rocher store(Sweden).
I really like So Elixir-Edt(mainly because it reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle) so I had high expectations, but unfortunately I'm a little disappointed.
It does remind me a lot of the original, but somehow I think there's something missing in this perfume. It is not bad at all, but just a little plain and most likely it will be left unused.
It did have a woody note that I like, but that is not enough. I think it has some kind of fruity note that I don't care for and that is not listed, so I'm probably not the right person to even write this. I'll just keep using the original Edt instead. It may just have the right combination to be perfect for someone else.

So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher 3.58 out of 5 based on 387 ratings and 69 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.