Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanille Yves Rocher for women

Vanille Yves Rocher for women
dislike

A toilet water from the collection LES PLAISIRS NATURE Eaux Gourmandes. This is a true embodiment of vanilla Bourbon scent – sweet, attractive and tasteful.

Original vanilla bourbon extract is available as 20 and 100 ml EDT. Vanille was launched in 2010.

Vanille

Vanille Bourbon
Vanille CollectOR
Vanille Bourbon

Vanille Fragrance Reviews

nvenus
nvenus

Hmm, I don't know... I had higher expectiations. It's plain vanilla and the edT is a little weak. But it's good, both the scent and the quality. If you like the scent of a natural vanilla pod with a tiny bit of sweetness added to it, this is it :)

(I like it but I feel this is like 3/10. A small bottle of weak perfume... There are better vanilla scents out there)

MyersAlice
MyersAlice

I use Yves Rocher Vanille Bourbon Body Lotion and then this perfume over it. I find this perfume to have a lighter smell to it and I don't know if its just me but there is something citrus about it. It melts into a very nice fresh vanilla after sometime. The lotion makes it very warm and I get so many compliments whenever I wear this.
People also tend to say they get hungry or ask who's baking.
It lasts very very long for me.
It's a lovely scent!

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Is it strange that I love this so much I use it as a room fragrance? I literally spray this anywhere anytime I need to relax.

1. Room (75%)
2. Skin (20%)
3. Clothes (5%)

I always have the 20ml in my toiletry case when I travel.

This is a vanilla fragrance that doesn't try too hard to smell good. It simply smells like pure vanilla beans, very organic.

And the best thing is, its price! If it was labeled with any designer/niche brand, I am sure this would have cost a fortune and called "Intense" or "parfum extrait". Imagine this was named "Vanille Absolue" by Guerlain or Serge Lutens. It is simply that good!

-AB-

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

This fragrance is great for layering since it is a simple scent. I pair it with the body shop's Chocomania, these two paired smells so good, stimulates my tastebuds haha!

endge
endge

Organic. Really. Nevermind, suppose it is, a girl can hope. Yet the first blast is disappointingly synthetic (like I have any right to be disappointed with stuff at 6.5€/100 ml). At first I could not quite put my finger on it (initial thought was: canned pineapple?), if I squint very hard I suppose I could call it lemony meringue. And then I realized: it is really more like sugar-powdered sour gummy candy. It lasts very long too, easily an hour on my skin, and even longer than that on fabric, when at last vanilla begins to break through this thick gummy capsule. When it does, it smells like inside of a vanilla pod (which is not as mellow as cooked vanilla, like say in a custard). This gourmand stage is thick and delicious, lasts on me 3-4 very enjoyable hours, gradually petering out. I am not sure I am prepared to soldier on for an hour smelling like a gummy bear, waiting for vanilla to emerge. Having said that, the stuff is of course a perfectly good bargain, I am having lots of fun tinkering with it. It goes really well with YR Coconut, YR Monoi de Tahiti, BodyShop Sandalwood, Guerlain Mandarin Basilic and EL Sensuous.

Minority Reporter
Minority Reporter

The best smell ever!

SwishingtonGrimble
SwishingtonGrimble

The best, and coincidentally best value, straightforward, natural vanilla available and I have tried many. No complexity at all and that's what we expect here.

I douse myself in this stuff and spray it all over my jumper drawer too - there is something about vanilla that suits wool ;)

app9
app9

I had a bottle when I was a teenager. I bought a big one, since I liked to spray it on a LOT. Sadly, one stupid rainy day, I smashed it in my backpag. Everything I owned smelled like vanilla for many years. This happened more that 10 years ago, and I still have some books that smell like this.

Needless to say, I HATE this perfume.

Marina_22
Marina_22

I have a 20ml EDT of this. I asked my mother for a vanilla fragrance and she bought me this one from Yves Rocher. The first time I smelled it, I thought that it was artificial and it didn't seem like it was made of pure vanilla; it has some citrus note (maybe this is the reason why my nose found it artificial). Anyway, the more I wear it, the more I'm getting used to it and the more I love it. Also, today it happened something that I would never thought it would happen with this EDT; I received a compliment. My friends literally said: you smell like vanilla with chocolate and cookies! When this EDT settles down on your skin is when the smell is lovely, even though you can't smell it because your nose is used to it.

So in conclusion, if you are a gourmand person its worth to try it because maybe you will love it.

rougenoirmakeup
rougenoirmakeup

This is a nice simple scent (well, obviously, hence the name Vanille...) that smells exactly like vanilla sugar to me. I don't know if it's very common outside where I live, but here it's used often in baking instead of vanilla extract. The sugary impression makes it slightly powdery, which kind of reminds me of icing sugar. So I guess to me this smells like vanilla flavoured icing sugar. Now, that doesn't mean it smells very authentically vanilla-y to me, because it doesn't - it smells slightly artificial, but somehow I don't mind it. It's not an overpowering artificial quality, it just reminds me of the synthetic vanilla used in some foods. That being said, it's not the perfect vanilla scent I've been looking for, since in an ideal world I would love something authentic and warm, but this one is nice to own for now and I will definitely use it up. It's convenient to have for layering as well - to my surprise I've found that I love to wear this with sea salt-scented things.

Minah
Minah

It's pure vanilla smell. Sweet, warm and delicious <3. This is one good quality vanilla fragrance that you can wear it just as it is. I think it's more suitable for Winter or colder days but I personally enjoy wearing it on cold Summer days as well or when I just come out of the shower because the smell is so calming and...did I mention delicious?

dede f
dede f

I bought one glass and I am awaiting delivery .
I hope like this vanilla ....
I hope it's a warm and cozy smell ...

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Why this is so bitter?! I expected something between Si by Armani and Dahlia divin by Givenchy. Instead I smelled very harsh and synthetic vanilla. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

Well, the description only says vanilla, but there's a definite freshness to this because I put it on and all I can think about is a vanilla and lemon cookie with a lot of powdered sugar over it. So, there's a real foody citrus touch here for me. It makes me smell like I spent the entire day baking cookies and I'm all about smelling like that!

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

Very realistic vanilla but not suitable to be a perfume, in my opinion.

I don't really want to smell so "edible", not even at home, it really smells too much like something to eat to me and feels uncomfortable on the skin. So sorry but I think this is going to be recycled as room spray.

Mrs.Chance
Mrs.Chance

This is my favourite vanilla scent. It's very warm and sweet scent. When i sprayed this scent, i smell like a vanilla cake, vanilla cupcake. It's very funny for me. I love it.

danusianusia
danusianusia

I hate artificial vanilla fragrances but this one smells like pure organic vanilla! I absolutely love it! Gorgeous fragrance

aysegulsec
aysegulsec

One of the best vanilla scents ever!

I don't know if you've ever seen a real vanilla bean; it is one of the most expensive spices in the world (actually the second, first one is saffron). Even though its flower is beige-cream; beans are black and when you cut the thin and long bean; its content is a black powder too. It smells just like this scent.

So the cheap ones are the ones which smell like plastic or articial flavors or vanillin.
The only ingredient this perfume has is organic vanilla for God's sake! The real and the expensive one! İf you have no idea about what vanilla is, or you know what the vanilla is and you do not like it; stay away from this scent because it's for real vanilla lovers.

It's warm, smokey, delicious; it's gorgeus!

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

Vanilla is one of my favourite notes. But this isn't my favourite vanilla. It's just Okay. This one isn't as sweet as most usually are (not that, that is is bad thing). It's good for layering. It's very one dimensional.

Daniela_Beatriz
Daniela_Beatriz

Simple and plain vanilla, very lovable and long lasting. Soft, silky, smooth. Good for layering.

elmizakamarulzaman
elmizakamarulzaman

I never like vanilla until I tried this. Its good on me. I love the simple warm vanilla smell with a bit of sugary and chocolatey smell after an hour wear it. What's more to say? I feel like I'm surrounded by delicious cookies and cupcakes. Now, I'm addicted to vanilla.

Atka
Atka

Sweet, pure, soft vanilla:)
Simple and evident.
I love this warm scent which reminds me my childhood, home, delicious mum's cake and Sunday's tasty deserts:)
Vanilla rules:)))

daniellepolet
daniellepolet

The name says it all: vanilla. I used it on an every day base, when I want so smell sweet, girly and sexy. I'm quite sure I'm going to repurchase this one, because it's a smell that is always useful.
A friend of mine once said, while I was wearing this perfume, that I smelled like a freshly baked vanilla cupcake. And yes, it is definitely vanilla that you smell, but not to overpowery.

imawallflower
imawallflower

I like to layer randomly the perfumes from this line, and vanilla goes well with them all... Vanilla and coconut, vanilla and red berries... So yummy. :)

CozyCat
CozyCat

The first few minutes were promising, but when it dried down it smells exactly like vanilla powder used in baking, the kind you can get for less than a dollar. I have a bottle of quality vanilla essence and I'd rather have that on my skin. It's also giving me a headache. I'm shocked at how cheap and flat this smells because I'm such a big fan of Yves Rocher and they have so many beautiful fragrances. My favorite affordable sweet vanilla remains to be The Body Shop's discontinued Vanilla edt in the yellow bottle, it had just the slightest citrus-peach-floral touch that made a world of a difference. I have two 30ml bottles right now and trying not to use them up too quickly...if anyone knows of anything that smells similar to that one, please PM me.

stephanie.cheng.108
stephanie.cheng.108

My best friend was interested in vanilla note scents and thought she might like it, so she got it... but she hated it and said it smelled like corn kernel. I guess it didn't suit her body chemistry and vanilla is not her taste. Haha! She ended up giving me the 100ml bottle and I'm LOVING IT!

I love Vanilla scents and most of my perfume has vanilla note in them. I guess my body chemistry goes really well with it.

I am a chef, and I've worked with high quality vanilla whenever I'm in the pastry kitchen. Gosh! The smell of it is just heaven! If u got a man that loves cookies, cakes and desert... This scent would deffinitely turn him or anyone into a puppy dog...
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach and happy childhood memories... ;)

amelie
amelie

I agree with Action, and for me it is too simple and a bit boring, but certainly very pleasant. Warm vanilla, maybe gourmet... more like a puff of vanilla.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

As I could currently hear the echo in my bank account, this scent litterally saves me from going out without perfume. That said, I'd not normally wear it, even though I enjoyed two bottles in a row of the body lotion before moving on to the coconut. It seems pretty good for layering though, as most reviewers here agreed. YR Vanille is a woody and dry vanilla that gently moves into brown sugar grounds. Even so, it is not sugary sweet per se.
In short, a semi woody/semi foody enveloping vanilla scent that lasts a good 6 hours (overnight on clothes and hair!) with noticeable projection.
These mono-note eaux of YR have always been fill-ins for moments like that. I'd be happier though, if they brought back the Miel d'oranger one, I really liked it. Gave away my last 1/3 bottle to a friend in need.

hintay
hintay

how to say ? I love the body lotion so I buy the Vanille EPT 20ml to try , I like it alot , not so sweet but very cake candy haha , I think my boy will love this scent on me

SherrryFreddy
SherrryFreddy

What can i say..smells so good.it is one of my must have vanilla perfume in my drawer.since i always love vanilla perfume/oil, this is my new member vanilla collection. Sometimes i mix/layer it with other perfume like tbs etc

Inesis
Inesis

Pretty little vanilla scent. Too bad I have the constant fear of reeking to others, since at least in my country many people associate vanilla with teenagers and overdosing it. I have also noticed that pure vanilla scent can make some people nauseous, even I myself might feel that way after wearing this for a day.

Nevertheless, I like it. It's nice, but only once in a while. I wouldn't ever wear this even for two days straight, it's just too vanilla-y. I know I would get fed up with this if I wore it more often.

Vanilla has a medium projection, which is great. I wouldn't want it to have a large sillage, it just would be too heavy. Lasts for hours.

morphineblues
morphineblues

i like vanilla smell so much, and my favourite vanilla smell is from the body shop / body mist vanilla.
I thought i would love this one too since i love vanilla.
but i find it too bitter! something is just wrong, a very cheap vanilla to my nose.

chimidoro
chimidoro

This is one of my all-time-favorite vanilla scents.
Smells, to me, almost exactly like vanilla ice cream.
Heaven (for approx five hours) in a bottle. Extremely sweet and potent, but also fresh and effervescent.
I only wish it lasted longer! Luckily it is extremely well priced & comes in 100ml bottles, so I can spray as often as I like! (Though I have found it to be a little sickly & headache inducing if I over-spray!)

Previously, one of the only sweet vanilla fragrances to really rock my boat was Eau des Vanilliers by L'Occitane, but it's far too floral to be my favorite. This, on the other hand, is simply in-your-face, sweet, gourmand, creamy vanilla ice cream.

I wear this mainly at home as it's such a cosy & warm vanilla scent; it brightens my mood without fail.
Now all I need is to find a matching coffee scent to create the perfect cappuccino fragrance, then I can die happy.

Must add that this layers very well with Yves Rocher's Vanille Noire for evening wear.

JokeI2
JokeI2

To me this one smells like vanilla extract with something berry-like in it (raspberry?). Like other comments said straightforward vanilla, not warm, not creamy, just vanilla sweet gourmand smell and nothing else.

Longevity is good on me(10+ hours) with moderate sillage.

Personally, I don't like it on its own. I find it difficult to wear (vanilla extract), but I really enjoy it when it has been layered with some other fragrances. Try it by yourself, it's fun.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

yuuuck, it smells like musk and sugar, a very dark vanilla scent, i do not recommend!

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

A very sweet and heavy vanilla scent. Which is rare to find as most vanilla perfumes smell watered-down and weak in comparison. Last for hours and the scent stays true to the first spray. Will always come back to this edt. Just hope it never gets discontinued !!

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

i got it together with the peach scent and i have to say the same about both: They smell like these old-lady scented dried flowers and wood things my grandma used to have in a bowl as decoration (anyone knows which ones i mean?) ... not good...

illumi
illumi

This is a cheap vanilla. In every sense of the word. It's inexpensive, but it also smells cheap. It's not a cozy, warm vanilla..but more of a synthetic vanilla with no depth or complexity. Lasts about 3 hours.

hantafromsanta
hantafromsanta

What a nice vanilla scent. This is on the fresh site of vanilla, there is some citrus like orange or orange peel in it, mainly in the top but it stays present the whole time, making the scent slightly juicy and fresh (as much as vanilla can be that).

This vanilla is neither dry nor powdery nor woody. It does have quite a lot of sweetness but still smells like nothing I'd like to eat.
Synthetic? Not really, or at least not unpleasantly so.
If you want a really true-to-nature, grown-up, complex vanilla, this is not it.
If you want a non-cloying, yummy-but-not-quite, pleasant, happy vanilla, give this a try!

I find it so much nicer than The Body Shop's sandalwood-musky vanilla, it is more affordable, the most affordable vanilla perfume I've come across that is actually nice.

Low-medium lasting power and sillage on skin are perfectly fine for the price, it's not as weak as one might think, yet it's not a bomb,
which probably makes it more accessible for people who are 'scared' of perfume and shop at YR for the skin care products.

The Vanille body lotion has a rounder, less fresh fragrance, it's not overpowering but dense and wraps you like a warm little blanket.

I love sillage bombs and adore my Maison de la Vanille and expensive Ligne St. Barth, but this simple little bottle has kind of won my heart too. I'll repurchase a big bottle, it offers much more quality than ~9€/100ml suggest.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Yves Rocher's Vanille is the reincarnation of their Bourbon Vanilla and, in my opinion, the 2nd best vanilla-gourmand, second only to The Body Shop's Amorito.

Vanilla is extremely warm, cuddly, lovely, feminine, sweet and foody!

I have bought myself another 100 ml bottle and look forward to being complimented big time this fall and winter. :)

arabbel
arabbel

I have been searching for a classy but still fairly linear vanilla ever since my boyfriend expressed that he liked the scent. This was not too far off the mark. It is definitely a bit sweet for my taste, but it mellows out just enough on the skin that I can wear it fairly happily. Definitely gourmand, I would eat a cake that smelled like this any day. The lasting power is great, and the sillage is pretty impressive too. Be careful though, because this can become an overwhelming, super sweet vanilla vapor bath everywhere you walk if you use too much. I generally hold this out as far from my body as possible, and then spray it on me. That sort of balances things out.
Good for layering with other things. When I want to be less gourmand, I pair it with L'occitane's cherry blossom.
Overall? Good for vanilla lovers, and nicely warm. Definitely pretty sweet, but for the price, this is an amazing perfume and good go-to.

ula.radziszewska
ula.radziszewska

I love this fragrance. It's simple, but sweet and sexy. Straight vanilla, without "bubble gum" in it.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A very cute sweet vanilla scent. A bit too sugary for me to want to wear it on it's own but I think this could be great for layering.
It has really great staying power and sillage too, it completely overwhelmed the Tendre Jasmine I was wearing on my other wrist.
Pretty much exactly what it says it is, a nice vanilla essence fragrance.

bleuciel
bleuciel

I mix this with Coconut from the same range. It's not sweet enough for my taste, but it works well layered with Coconut.

The vanilla is not caramel/cake like, it stays true to the original real vanilla sticks scent (warm, heavy, darker, not as sweet).

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

Sweet but also a little warm vanilla. Good scent for cold days for everyone who likes vanilla:)

KateAnette
KateAnette

A linear, simple, sweet vanilla. I'm gonna try to layer this one with other perfumes as well. It's inexpensive, and i can tell that it's cheap when i smell it, but i don't care. I like it as it is, uncomplicated. It's linear, but for some reason that doesn't bother me in this one. It's perfect for those days when you can't decide what to wear, when you simply want to smell sweet :). I have the Vanille Noir from YR as well. That one is too smokey, and hasn't enough sweetness for my taste. I prefer this one.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

I swing between absolutely loving this & being completely indifferent! When I love it, I wear it all day enjoying the sweetness that envelopes me, then, out of the blue its shelved for something else. I suppose its a pretty one dimensional floral vanilla, easy to get bored with, but sweet nonetheless. If I had any complaints it would be that its a little too sugary/flowery, I would have liked a little more smoky caramel to it - but somedays I`m very happy wearing this indeed! (I also enjoy the lotion & did have the shower gel - but everyone else in the family used that before I got a look in!)

FunnyValentine
FunnyValentine

I don' really get this perfume. I guess on my skin it splits in two scents. There is a syrupy sweet one that burns my effing nose, and a dry, peaceful vanilla that i love but can't reach because of the first one. So close, yet so far... :(

poivrerose
poivrerose

Good. Stuff.
This smells simply like a vanilla baked good. Not fresh vanilla bean. There is something too cake-like about it to be sweetly fresh. Like a giant cooled yellow cake cupcake. And for the price it seems too good to be true..... but it's just one of those things that is actually too good and true. Try it sweet vanilla lovers! Great for layering. Good sillage. Good staying power. Smooth and delightful.
- If you happen to be contemplating this and the coconut -but you're looking mostly for sweetness- go with the vanille.

zabica
zabica

This is a true, gourmand vanilla. The one that you can smell in the cookies freshly baked. It has a very yummy note to it, and is very warm and pleasant to wear. Perfect for colder weather, but also enjoyable during hot, summer days, if properly used. Thumbs up for both price and quality!

zuzka6999
zuzka6999

I changed my mind,it´s lovely, warm vanilla with a hint of orange.

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

This is identical to Yves Rocher Vanille Bourbon. All they did was repackage it to take advantage of the "organic" market... because they have always been. This is a beautiful "salty" vanilla that wears well both in cooler as well as warm temperatures. BTW, bourbon vanilla is a variety of vanilla having nothing at all to do with bourbon vanilla or booze of any kind.

BearysHoney
BearysHoney

a nice warm scent, perfect for fall and winter days spent inside. plus my guy says it makes me smell like yummy cookies :-P

i just got this vanilla and wore it yesterday. i love it. it smells like pure vanilla and its long lasting. sweet and lovely. i'm getting into ives rocher again and i'm starting to like a lot of their newer scents. ( new to me)

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

I bet this vanilla smells wonderful layered with any of the fruit scents they make from this line! Blackberry Vanilla, yum! :) The fruits with vanilla smell like decadent desert like fruity pie or pastries. I must buy some! :D

Norgirl
Norgirl

Warm vanilla. sweet, elegant, like a warm blanket on your skin . not to sweet , a little spicy as well. very nice one a warm summer evening or in wintertime aswell . cosy:)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Great, it smells like vanilla... pure vanilla and that's what I love. I wore this when I was very young.. now I came across it again at the age of 24 and I LOVE IT! Brings back childhood memories..

Armanilovah
Armanilovah

Love it love it !!
It's natural , tasty , sweet , a perfect scent to all vanilla lovers :)

lafefe
lafefe

It's simple, it's linear, that's true, but you can't help loving it! This vanilla is slightly gourmand and so delicate, I find it very nice! It's not the overpowering strong vanilla that many perfumes contain nowadays, it's very natural. You can feel like wearing it on casual days, at office or even before bedtime, it's definitely a cosy scent, not to make heads turn, but a cosy scent.

guest_lola
guest_lola

i hate this!
i just love vanilla, but I really don't like this fragrance.. the vanilla is too unnatural..
im sorry to say this cause my fave scent is vanilla!

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

This is a really great linear vanilla at a very inexpensive price. I like to wear it alone because I'm a vanilla addict, but can see mixing it with other linear fragrances too - Coco, Framboise, Fraise...it's really lovely and for the price you just can't go wrong. I recommend giving it a shot if you're a vanilla lover!

Although the ingredients are high quality, it is too monotone for me. I do have high hopes for that new Vanille Noir of the Secret D'Essence range however!!! Can't WAIT to try that one!!

narcozia
narcozia

This is a great vanilla scent! It's sweet, pleasant and feminine and very cheap as well! But it doesn't smell cheap at all. I can imagine wearing this all year round, it fits every kind of weather. And it lasts! My skin kills almost every perfume in a very short time, so I can appreciate that I'm able to smell this one for 5-6 hours! The first 2 hours are intense!

Allegra
Allegra

Love its simple but sweet and elegant (almost fudge-like) vanilla scent that lingers on all the way to the next day, especially if it's sprayed on garments. Not very many fragrances are this long-lasting so it is worth every penny of its price in every way! If you're looking for casual, warm and delicious vanilla to invigorate you throughout the day, I would strongly suggest this particular one.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Simple, straightforward vanilla. Not much complexity, on the candy-sweet (not dry) side. Not overpoweringly so, it's pleasant. I thought at first it was not long-lasting - maybe not in winter, but in warm weather, it lasts into the next day! Amazing for an EDT. So it might be better for cooler temps.

Update: I had not noticed before how much lemon there is in this when first on. For a little bit, it smells like lemon candy, or lemon meringue, yum! Then it fades into the candy vanilla. This would be a great first perfume for a young lady. At the end of the day, there's also something about it that reminds me alot of Annick Goutal's Songes. Funny.